PDA

View Full Version : David Lee simply the most underrated player in the NBA...

freejimmer
02-21-2014, 01:46 AM
People act as if anyone can be as efficient and consistent as Lee in that high powered offense, but that is BS. Lee is a double double machine, a great passer, and a leader. 21 and 14 tonight so far without batting a lash. 19, 10, and 2 assists a game on 51.5% from the floor and 80% at the line. Just another day at the office for general Lee.

Simply one of the most underrated players of all time.

SPURSFAN1
02-21-2014, 01:49 AM
People act as if anyone can be as efficient and consistent as Lee in that high powered offense, but that is BS. Lee is a double double machine, a great passer, and a leader. 21 and 14 tonight so far without batting a lash. 19, 10, and 2 assists a game on 51.5% from the floor and 80% at the line. Just another day at the office for general Lee.

Simply one of the most underrated players of all time.

Would help if he could play defense.

freejimmer
02-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Would help if he could play defense.

102 defensive rating is above average defense. Dwight is at a 99.8. Duncan's at 97.9.

Relying on the past to gauge the present is wrong.

sunsfan88
02-21-2014, 01:59 AM
No Jimmer is most underrated. He just needs to go to a team where he can showcase his skills.

ricky recon
02-21-2014, 02:03 AM
GSW has a Drtg of 101.8.

David Lee has a Drtg of 102. That means simply that GSW defense is not better with him on the floor.

Dwight - 100
HOU - 105.4

Duncan - 98
SAS - 102.9

Do you understand the difference? When those two guys are on the floor, the team's defense, is much, much better.

Understand advanced metrics before you use them.

ricky recon
02-21-2014, 02:03 AM
No Jimmer is most underrated. He just needs to go to a team where he can showcase his skills.

I would agree only that Jimmer is more underrated, he is fairly underrated, and David Lee is not underrated, at all.

ricky recon
02-21-2014, 02:05 AM

I would agree only that Jimmer is more underrated, he is fairly underrated, and David Lee is not underrated, at all.

freejimmer
02-21-2014, 02:06 AM
GSW has a Drtg of 101.8.

David Lee has a Drtg of 102. That means simply that GSW defense is not better with him on the floor.

Dwight - 100
HOU - 105.4

Duncan - 98
SAS - 102.9

Do you understand the difference? When those two guys are on the floor, the team's defense, is much, much better.

The defense isn't better, but it isn't worse. The offense is WAY better.

Maybe you should understand advanced metrics a little better.

FlashBolt
GSW has a Drtg of 101.8.

Dwight - 100
HOU - 105.4

Duncan - 98
SAS - 102.9

You just made him sign off.

seikou8
i have always loved him ,miss him as knick offensive no holes in game now on defense he has improved not great but average defender

DreamShaker
02-21-2014, 02:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing watching him tonight. He is one of the better offensive big men in the NBA. His D is not bad. He tries.

numba1CHANGsta
02-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Knicks messed up by trading this guy, he was their best big man no lie

freejimmer
02-21-2014, 02:25 AM
Knicks messed up by trading this guy, he was their best big man no lie

Knicks chose Amare over him and it backfired.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 02:29 AM
top 10 PF

freejimmer
02-21-2014, 02:40 AM
top 10 PF

Of all time? Maybe.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 02:42 AM
Of all time? Maybe.

haha, cute

More-Than-Most
02-21-2014, 02:44 AM
Of all time? Maybe.

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 02:45 AM
this year, PF rankings.....

Love
Griffin
Davis
Nowitzki
LMA
Lee

Ibaka, West, and Milisap have a beef with Lee too, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt..

NYMetros
02-21-2014, 02:49 AM
Lee was disgustingly bad in that OT. It was funny watching Harden outmuscle him in the post.

freejimmer
02-21-2014, 02:52 AM

Love
Griffin
Davis
Nowitzki
LMA
Lee

Ibaka, West, and Milisap have a beef with Lee too, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt..

Love
Griffin
Lee
LMA

Top 4 in that order.

Davis is a center. Dirk isn't better than Lee at this point.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 02:56 AM
Love
Griffin
Lee
LMA

Top 4 in that order.

Davis is a center. Dirk isn't better than Lee at this point.

no, Davis is a PF. Nowitzki is better. And impact wise, I would take Ibaka ahead of Lee all night lone

akesh99
02-21-2014, 03:09 AM
^ni**a knows

b@llhog24
02-21-2014, 03:09 AM
I'm all for the DLee being underrated bandwagon but using Drtg as a basis of argument is just wrong.

nastynice
02-21-2014, 03:12 AM
Lee was disgustingly bad in that OT. It was funny watching Harden outmuscle him in the post.

yea, he was thirsty as **** in OT for some reason

FlashBolt
02-21-2014, 03:19 AM

Love
Griffin
Davis
Nowitzki
LMA
Lee

And where is Chris Bosh?

Monta is beast
02-21-2014, 03:23 AM
Ice been a big lee critique. His defense has been solid this year.

Monta is beast
02-21-2014, 03:25 AM
This year id go

Love
Duncan
Aldridge
Nowitzki
Davis
Lee/Ibaka

lol, please
02-21-2014, 04:22 AM
I approve this thread. Lee is about as underated as it gets, even by his own fanbase lol.

lincecum=future
02-21-2014, 04:44 AM
I must admit I had no idea he would develop into the player he is now when the warriors first acquired him. I hear a lot of people call Lee soft which isn't the case, he just isn't that great defensively. He's gotten a lot better though.

jerellh528
02-21-2014, 05:39 AM
no, Davis is a PF. Nowitzki is better. And impact wise, I would take Ibaka ahead of Lee all night lone

Truth

Supreme LA
02-21-2014, 08:03 AM
I think Lee's game is best showcased on the GS home floor. The refs literally let that guy and the rest of the team get away with rape in the paint. I won't go so far to say he is dirty, but he certainly does do whatever it will take to win. He is underrated IMO and turned out to be a very solid big.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2014, 08:19 AM
In no particular order, Griffin-Love-LMA-Duncan-Davis-Bosh-Dirk are all players I would take over him without much consideration. He is probably at the top of the next tier though.

MetroMan
02-21-2014, 08:26 AM
David Lee, Kevin Love, & Dirk never get any love because their white

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2014, 10:00 AM
There are a few guys like this. David Lee. Al Jefferson. Paul Millsap (though I was happy to see Millsap make it to the ASG this year).

These guys have been putting up around 20/10 per36 for years now. Lee and Jefferson may not be defensive juggernaughts, but they aren't the slouches that most people make them out to be.

Swashcuff
02-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Of all time? Maybe.

Who else is in your top 10? I know Pettit is number one. Love, Dirk, Tom Chambers, Tommy Heinsohn, Billy Cunningham, Dolph Schayes, Kevin McHale, Dave Debusschere, Jerry Lucas. Did I forget anyone?

D-Leethal
02-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Lee does have a way of putting of quietly putting up beastly stats, where you look at the box score at the end of the game and have no idea how he put up 22-15. But to be honest, I'm not really sure thats a good thing because that tells me the production might not have really been that impactful on the outcome of the game and didn't really push the team forward. Not saying thats how it is, just thats how it might be. Production isn't what wins you games.

colinskik
02-21-2014, 11:16 AM
I must admit I had no idea he would develop into the player he is now when the warriors first acquired him. I hear a lot of people call Lee soft which isn't the case, he just isn't that great defensively. He's gotten a lot better though.

What development are you talking about? He was always a multi-faceted offensive talent. He just works better as a complimentary piece.

As for his D, I don't think he was ever soft since he has some toughness, he just shied away from playing aggressive D when he was a Knicks because he wanted to stay on the floor for offensive purposes. I haven't seen his as much since he went west, but my gripe with him was he never played as big as he could on the defensive end.

D-Leethal
02-21-2014, 11:20 AM
What development are you talking about? He was always a multi-faceted offensive talent. He just works better as a complimentary piece.

As for his D, I don't think he was ever soft since he has some toughness, he just shied away from playing aggressive D when he was a Knicks because he wanted to stay on the floor for offensive purposes. I haven't seen his as much since he went west, but my gripe with him was he never played as big as he could on the defensive end.

He was also playing C next to Wilson Chandler at the 4 so its not surprising why his D was atrocious here. Lee is probably 6'8" on a good day.

WARRIORS@GR
02-21-2014, 11:25 AM
I think Lee's game is best showcased on the GS home floor. The refs literally let that guy and the rest of the team get away with rape in the paint. I won't go so far to say he is dirty, but he certainly does do whatever it will take to win. He is underrated IMO and turned out to be a very solid big.You clearly don't know what you're talking about.The refs let the Warriors get away with reape?this is on of the most ignorant statements ever,and it's obvious you haven't watched many Warriors games.

leprechaun5
02-21-2014, 11:25 AM
This year id go

Love
Duncan
Aldridge
Nowitzki
Davis
Lee/Ibaka

Griffin is 2nd this year

tredigs
02-21-2014, 11:29 AM
What I like most about Lee is that his game is refined. He's very comfortable with what he can do and he executes it night after night. It helps that he's essentially ambidextrous and will drive/finish on his man either way with similar ease. Plus, he's a "true pro" who will go out and battle every night; it helps to have leaders who don't waver under pressure. My biggest concern for him was his D, but he's fit into this system nicely so long as he has a big with paint presence next to him. No longer a big liability there when that's the case.

Remember how many Knick fans were laughing at how much better their deal for Amare over Lee was going to be for them at the time? Guess not ay...

BoSox47
02-21-2014, 11:37 AM
102 defensive rating is above average defense. Dwight is at a 99.8. Duncan's at 97.9.

Relying on the past to gauge the present is wrong.

Relying on the present to discount the past is also wrong.

colinskik
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
What I like most about Lee is that his game is refined. He's very comfortable with what he can do and he executes it night after night. It helps that he's essentially ambidextrous and will drive/finish on his man either way with similar ease. Plus, he's a "true pro" who will go out and battle every night; it helps to have leaders who don't waver under pressure. My biggest concern for him was his D, but he's fit into this system nicely so long as he has a big with paint presence next to him. No longer a big liability there when that's the case.

Remember how many Knick fans were laughing at how much better their deal for Amare over Lee was going to be for them at the time? Guess not ay...

I agree with you analysis of DLee's game. He does stay within his realm of talent and executes every night. And with a true defensive big his liabilities are covered.

As to your point about him vs. Amare when the Knicks made that move, Amare (when healthy) is the type of player who can single handedly carry a team as he did in his first year with the Knicks. DLee, like I already mentioned, needs to be a complementary piece because when's he's the focus on offense it's not a good look.

In a perfect world the Knicks should've kept Lee to pair with Melo, but the reality is that could have never happened.

tredigs
02-21-2014, 12:00 PM
I agree with you analysis of DLee's game. He does stay within his realm of talent and executes every night. And with a true defensive big his liabilities are covered.

As to your point about him vs. Amare when the Knicks made that move, Amare (when healthy) is the type of player who can single handedly carry a team as he did in his first year with the Knicks. DLee, like I already mentioned, needs to be a complementary piece because when's he's the focus on offense it's not a good look.

In a perfect world the Knicks should've kept Lee to pair with Melo, but the reality is that could have never happened.
I don't disagree. He's much more of a true #1 capable of carrying a load when healthy, but people were rightfully worried about the surgery. In a truly perfect world, we all have bionic legs on tap and this is no longer an issue. Can't wait for the 2040/41 season...

lajoie
02-21-2014, 12:09 PM
http://wagesofwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kirk_interior_defense.png

TrueFan420
02-21-2014, 02:50 PM

Show that to Blake he'd disagree. Lee always plays that guy so damn well. Lee slacks on d most nights (especially wit bogut and iggy there to cover) but has become a solid defender when he wants/needs to be.

moshy2
02-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Lee has been the most consistent Warrior this year. He struggled early on but has killed it the last few months. He's our only inside scoring threat and has played decent defense when Bogut has been next to him. He's very important to the Warriors and underrated. He's almost a guaranteed 20-10

abe_froman
02-21-2014, 03:49 PM
most? i dunno

..but he is pretty underrated ,he's one of the better pf's in the league and he never gets talked about

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 04:06 PM
And where is Chris Bosh?

he should be there too

lol, please
02-21-2014, 07:49 PM

Show that to Blake he'd disagree. Lee always plays that guy so damn well. Lee slacks on d most nights (especially wit bogut and iggy there to cover) but has become a solid defender when he wants/needs to be.:clap:

nastynice
02-21-2014, 08:13 PM
I think Lee's game is best showcased on the GS home floor. The refs literally let that guy and the rest of the team get away with rape in the paint. I won't go so far to say he is dirty, but he certainly does do whatever it will take to win. He is underrated IMO and turned out to be a very solid big.

lol, gotta man up bro.

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Lee is a solid player, his numbers are nice.

But! in the NBA you're generally judged based on your salary. At 15 million for David Lee its quite High.

lajoie
02-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Show that to Blake he'd disagree. Lee always plays that guy so damn well. Lee slacks on d most nights (especially wit bogut and iggy there to cover) but has become a solid defender when he wants/needs to be.

You're right. As evidenced by the 23 ppg and nearly 60% FG that Blake has had against GS this year.

Supreme LA
02-21-2014, 11:34 PM
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.The refs let the Warriors get away with reape?this is on of the most ignorant statements ever,and it's obvious you haven't watched many Warriors games.

And how might you have come to conclusion? I'm sorry to offend you by my telling the truth. It's sort of funny you say that my statement is the "most ignorant statement ever" when you yourself have come to your own conclusion about what I do in my life or what games I watch.

Actually, I live in San Jose and I have season tickets to Warrior games. I also travel as far as Sacramento to watch the Dubs play. In fact, I was just there with a party of 50 friends and family members for the Warrior vs. Kings game for Filipino night. I haven't missed one Warrior game in the past 3 years.

I really don't know how else to respond to you when all you do is resort to telling me I don't watch Warrior games lol. Don't be so sensitive. It's not a personal attack against Lee. I just state what I see and that's exactly what I see at most of the Warrior home games.