PDA

View Full Version : Should teams be allowed to trade players mid-season?

FlashBolt
02-20-2014, 11:52 PM
I get that some teams could benefit off such effect but doesn't it seem artificial? I mean Steve Blake went from trying to get his team to the playoffs to being IN the playoffs. It destroys the meaning of team.

Swashcuff
02-20-2014, 11:55 PM
So what if a guy gets bought out from his team. Should he be disallowed from signing with a team that is in a better position than his previous team?

Dade County
02-21-2014, 12:10 AM
I get that some teams could benefit off such effect but doesn't it seem artificial? I mean Steve Blake went from trying to get his team to the playoffs to being IN the playoffs. It destroys the meaning of team.

What?

So when should the trade deadline end? Or, are you saying that trades should only be before the season starts?

TheMightyHumph
02-21-2014, 02:33 AM

Say Wha????????????????????? NBA isn't about teams anymore, it's about business. Welcome to corporate America.

P.S...........Mid-season trades have been happening for a LONG TIME, but mostly for different reasons than they are now.

alexander_37
02-21-2014, 02:55 AM
Disallow mid season trades or remove the out of bounds rule? We need a poll.

FlashBolt
02-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Mid season trades kill the spirit of the team. I know it's a business move but it's quite lame that a player like Steve Blake can move from a losing team to a winning team and be asked to dedicate himself to a new role and new atmosphere. Similarly, a player playing for a winning team may have put forth the effort to help a team and then they get traded away and are forced to adapt to their new team. I think it kills the spirit of the game and aspect of "team".

TheMightyHumph
02-21-2014, 03:21 AM
Mid season trades kill the spirit of the team. I know it's a business move but it's quite lame that a player like Steve Blake can move from a losing team to a winning team and be asked to dedicate himself to a new role and new atmosphere. Similarly, a player playing for a winning team may have put forth the effort to help a team and then they get traded away and are forced to adapt to their new team. I think it kills the spirit of the game and aspect of "team".

Life can be cruel. But when you are making millions of dollars, it kind of takes the edge off.

FlashBolt
02-21-2014, 04:24 AM
Life can be cruel. But when you are making millions of dollars, it kind of takes the edge off.

I understand, but just the aspect of it really kills the definition of team. I just find it hard playing with all your might for one team and then having to play against that same team because they traded you. It's like in the park and you just keep switching teams.

lincecum=future
02-21-2014, 04:40 AM
If anyone should complain it should be Danny Granger. Been with the pacers for how many years and the year they are a legit finals threat he gets traded. Sucks but comes with the game.

sunsfan88
02-21-2014, 05:24 AM
What do you suggest that they do to fix this problem?

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Teams should be allowed to make moves to try and make their team better. Period.

If a franchise puts a team together, but struggles with the pieces throughout the first part of the season, the should make moves to make their team better. If they don't, then the fans of that team will have nothing to look forward to for the second half of the season.

Look at teams that didn't make moves that are struggling: Detroit, Orlando, Philly, Boston. Do you think the fans of those teams have anything to look forward to for the second half of the year?

You might as well say that teams shouldn't be allowed to make substitutions mid-way through a game.

Emperor Eye
02-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Disallow mid season trades or remove the out of bounds rule? We need a poll.

no shot clock and set the sliders to 99

KnicksorBust
02-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Yes. The deadline is good and its an appropriate amount of time away from the playoffs.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 03:47 PM
The deadline is just under 2/3s the way through the regular season. That allows for a big enough sample size to determine what direction your team needs to go. An example is a team that had contending aspirations but then their team really just isn't as good as they thought. They have to decide to make a trade to get to that level, or trade off an asset to increase your chances another season.

So yeah, teams not only should be allowed but HAVE to have the chance to trade their players.

sep11ie
02-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Should dumb threads be allowed mid season?

XshaqattackX
02-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Teams should be allowed to make moves to try and make their team better. Period.

If a franchise puts a team together, but struggles with the pieces throughout the first part of the season, the should make moves to make their team better. If they don't, then the fans of that team will have nothing to look forward to for the second half of the season.

Look at teams that didn't make moves that are struggling: Detroit, Orlando, Philly, Boston. Do you think the fans of those teams have anything to look forward to for the second half of the year?

You might as well say that teams shouldn't be allowed to make substitutions mid-way through a game.

I'm actually looking forward for Glen Davis being bought out. lol does that count?