PDA

View Full Version : Glen Davis to be bought tomorrow

TheNumber37
02-20-2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=291398

The Orlando Magic will formally end their relationship with Glen Davis Friday by buying him out of his contract, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. The transaction is not yet official, but the sides have agreed to terms of a buyout. Once the veteran power forward clears waivers, he'll be free to sign with any NBA team willing to offer him a contract.

According to Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel, the Magic have informed Davis "that younger guys are going to play." Another factor in Orlando's decision to part ways with Davis, Schmitz says: it "wants his mood swings out of lockeroom [sic]."

Davis' contract called for him to earn $6.6 million in the 2014/15 season, according to ShamSports' salary database. Basketball Insiders scribe Steve Kyler notes that Orlando still owes Davis $2.07 million for the balance of the 2013/14 season.

The NBA trade deadline passed Thursday without the Magic making any deals. Following the deadline, the team acted swiftly to remove Davis from its roster and, one presumes, free playing time for the likes of Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O'Quinn.

Davis made 45 appearances for the Magic in the 2013/14 season, posting per-game averages of 12.1 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 1.6 assists. With his ouster, Jameer Nelson becomes the only Magic player whom the team acquired before Rob Hennigan took over as general manager.

Any takers?

I'd say he Lands with the Clippers for the min or the Thunder/Blazers for the same. Or Heck, go back to NOLA to play double the DAVIS down there

Wade n Fade
02-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Miami has to be considered too since he brings size and rebounding. He's no 7 footer, but he can bring energy off a bench. Especially since UD is a shell of himself these days.

ManRam
02-20-2014, 10:34 PM
He'd be a solid fit for most the contenders. He's not great, but he was often forced to play a role he had no business playing in Orlando. Be it a center...a first option...a second option. Or whatever. As a bench player on a veteran team he'll be an asset.

LAC seems most likely. Could really use him and he'd definitely be an upgrade over what they've had all year.

Monta is beast
02-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Most likely to land him imo

L.A
GS
BRK
MIA

JesusNYY_Savior
02-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Come to NYK

goingfor28
02-20-2014, 11:06 PM
he will likely reunite with Doc. makes the most sense

beasted86
02-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Clippers, maybe Nets after trading away Reggie Evans.

BKLYNpigeon
02-20-2014, 11:40 PM
he would look great in a Warriors uniform. we also have an empty roster spot for him!

mightybosstone
02-20-2014, 11:46 PM
With Miami moving Mason, they've got a roster spot and could definitely use another offensive big like Davis. But the Clippers would also make a lot of sense. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, but hopefully he takes advantage of this and signs to a contender.

Cracka2HI!
02-20-2014, 11:53 PM
I think Doc's gonna get him to the Clipps!

theducksmuggler
02-20-2014, 11:56 PM
Warriors should be all over this if they can snag him their bench would be a lot better with him blake barnes crawford green speights ezeli oneal...deep as hell but i say he goes to Clips

mrnore77
02-21-2014, 12:15 AM
Anyone but the Heat! i think you can't count out Brooklyn. He is familiar with KG and Pierce and they are contemplating signing Jason Collins to help their front line. Big Baby is a better option.

I wouldnt wish it on anyone, but he could fill a role that the Cavs have with Vareajo's bad back.

kylem4711
02-21-2014, 01:14 AM
davis and granger to the clips. :clap:

HYFR
02-21-2014, 01:42 AM
How much is big baby ?

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA·17h
Clippers are a strong frontrunner for Glen Davis should buyout get completed, league sources tell Yahoo.

Which now the buyout has been completed. So he's Clipper bound most likely. Huge upgrade as a backup big. Now we just need a SF and maybe another center.

Paul/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Barnes/Dudley/Granger
Griffin/Davis/Hedo
DJ/Hollins

Sportfan
02-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA·17h
Clippers are a strong frontrunner for Glen Davis should buyout get completed, league sources tell Yahoo.

Which now the buyout has been completed. So he's Clipper bound most likely. Huge upgrade as a backup big. Now we just need a SF and maybe another center.

Paul/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Barnes/Dudley/Granger
Griffin/Davis/Hedo
DJ/Hollins
lol

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 01:52 PM
lol

JW... did you watch Byron Mullens or Ryan Hollins play this year lol? Davis isn't a massive impact player but as a BENCH role player don't act like he isn't solid because I've watched him since he was a rook in Boston on and off. This year he's putting up about 13/7... all the Clippers need is the occasional bucket and rebounding. Because we are getting slaughtered on the boards this year.

Chronz
02-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Dont know how I feel about this, Ill gladly take him considering we have zero depth at PF/C, he'll likely be our backup center, he has the post defense for the position but lacks the rebounding/height. Hope we can make another signing after this depth move.

Tony_Starks
02-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Davis is a serviceable role player but he cries about playing time and is kindof a clown in the locker room. When he left Boston Doc had pretty unflattering comments about him, the fact that he wants him shows me how desperate they are for bigs...

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Davis is a serviceable role player but he cries about playing time and is kindof a clown in the locker room. When he left Boston Doc had pretty unflattering comments about him, the fact that he wants him shows me how desperate they are for bigs...

I forgot he's kind of known as a locker room headcase/selfish player. Was he more controlled under Doc/KG? Like do you think Doc and our leaders like CP3/BG could control the kid?

Tony_Starks
02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
I forgot he's kind of known as a locker room headcase/selfish player. Was he more controlled under Doc/KG? Like do you think Doc and our leaders like CP3/BG could control the kid?

Well Doc is the one that said that stuff so apparently he was doing that in Boston. I think Doc and CP3 will keep him line but I'm surprised they feel like dealing with that headache. It's still low risk high reward I guess though...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-21-2014, 03:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXgFC8q32Q

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Doc vs KG recruiting wars. If he wants a chance at a significant playoff run the choice should be obvious.

leprechaun5
02-21-2014, 04:28 PM
I think he ends up in Brooklyn .

kdspurman
02-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Doc vs KG recruiting wars. If he wants a chance at a significant playoff run the choice should be obvious.

Maybe not if the Nets can get HCA.

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Maybe not if the Nets can get HCA.

There is a big difference. In the east literally NOBODY has a shot at the finals besides Indy and Miami. Nets, Bulls, Raptors etc have zero chance of beating those two. In the west... 5 teams could feasibly be in the finals with good health, good matchups and a little luck (Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers/Warriors).

kdspurman
02-21-2014, 04:39 PM
There is a big difference. In the east literally NOBODY has a shot at the finals besides Indy and Miami. Nets, Bulls, Raptors etc have zero chance of beating those two. In the west... 5 teams could feasibly be in the finals with good health, good matchups and a little luck (Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers/Warriors).

Yea I know they don't have much of a chance, but I guess it was more meant in that in the West there's potential for a first round upset more so than in the east with HCA, though nothing is impossible of course lol

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Yea I know they don't have much of a chance, but I guess it was more meant in that in the West there's potential for a first round upset more so than in the east with HCA, though nothing is impossible of course lol

Interesting point. I guess in the east it's better for a false sense of hope through the first round or two until you get swept by Miami or Indy.