PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock Playoffs: POR vs MEM

Shammyguy3
02-20-2014, 04:04 PM
This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

6. Portland
PG: Damian Lillard - Mo Williams - Earl Watson
SG: Klay Thompson - Tony Allen
SF: Nicolas Batum - Terrence Ross - Jeremy Evans
PF: David Lee - Taj Gibson - Joel Freeland
C: Andrew Bogut - Meyers Leonard - Nazr Mohammed

7. Memphis
PG: Goran Dragic - Greivis Vasquez - Ishmael Smith
SG: Gordon Hayward - Gerald Henderson - Archie Goodwin
SF: Luol Deng - Vince Carter - Quincy Pondexter - Moe Harkless
PF: Josh Smith - Markieff Morris
C: Marc Gasol - Jermaine O'Neal - Alex Len

Portland has Home-court advantage

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2014, 04:52 PM
1. Lillard is hot garbage on Defense and Dragic will be able to carve him up during this series

2. Josh Smith won't be the cancer on Offense that he is on Detroit because he is playing his TRUE POSITION. As a PF he will be around the basket more and play to his strengths as opposed to playing SF and jacking up 3s all game. Also he will be more of a factor on Defense playing near the basket, making a great interior defensive duo with M.Gasol. Our defense should have success against them since we're average or above average at every position there.

3) Hayward will be a much better shooter on this team with actual players to play with unlike Utah where he has to do alot of ballhandling and playmaking, and force alot of tough shots.

raiderposting
02-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Portland in 5

TrueFan420
02-20-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't know how this is close. My team is much more balanced and far deeper than his. I have the best player in the series and a better match up as well as home court.

Phenomenonsense
02-20-2014, 07:23 PM
1. Lillard is hot garbage on Defense and Dragic will be able to carve him up during this series

2. Josh Smith won't be the cancer on Offense that he is on Detroit because he is playing his TRUE POSITION. As a PF he will be around the basket more and play to his strengths as opposed to playing SF and jacking up 3s all game. Also he will be more of a factor on Defense playing near the basket, making a great interior defensive duo with M.Gasol. Our defense should have success against them since we're average or above average at every position there.

3) Hayward will be a much better shooter on this team with actual players to play with unlike Utah where he has to do alot of ballhandling and playmaking, and force alot of tough shots.

I suggest you check Smoove's shot charts from pre-pistons days. He's always been hot garbage.

mightybosstone
02-20-2014, 07:27 PM
I actually really, really love Memphis in this series. Not only is their defense just flat out disgusting, but they have so many team-first veterans and guys who would gel well on the court together. I've never been a Smoove guy, but he's probably only the 3rd or 4th offensive option here, and he won't be required to shoot perimeter jumpers with the excellent floor spacing Memphis has. Dragic and Hayward are both having career years, the Grizzlies' front court defense is just disgusting and nearly every key player on Portland has little to no postseason experience. I do like the Blazers' depth, but Portland is just a poor man's Golden State and depth doesn't win you playoff series.

Memphis in 6.

Shammyguy3
02-20-2014, 07:48 PM
POR ran into a bad matchup early, but i'm not sure if I'm completely sold on MEM taking this series yet

knicks_champ
02-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Tough matchup but I think POR got it.

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2014, 09:13 PM
I suggest you check Smoove's shot charts from pre-pistons days. He's always been hot garbage.
Obviously but he's never shot 40%....he's usually around 45-47

TrueFan420
02-20-2014, 10:05 PM
I actually really, really love Memphis in this series. Not only is their defense just flat out disgusting, but they have so many team-first veterans and guys who would gel well on the court together. I've never been a Smoove guy, but he's probably only the 3rd or 4th offensive option here, and he won't be required to shoot perimeter jumpers with the excellent floor spacing Memphis has. Dragic and Hayward are both having career years, the Grizzlies' front court defense is just disgusting and nearly every key player on Portland has little to no postseason experience. I do like the Blazers' depth, but Portland is just a poor man's Golden State and depth doesn't win you playoff series.

Memphis in 6.
Hahah um what? Lilard is the only one with no experience. Klay and lee have one year which is little but more than dragic or hayward. batum and Bogut have a couple playoff series under their belts. Moe, Allen and taj all have lots of experience. You talk about depth not winning championships but you atleast need a legit 8 man rotation which I have and he does not.

mightybosstone
02-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Hahah um what? Lilard is the only one with no experience. Klay and lee have one year which is little but more than dragic or hayward. batum and Bogut have a couple playoff series under their belts. Moe, Allen and taj all have lots of experience. You talk about depth not winning championships but you atleast need a legit 8 man rotation which I have and he does not.

Klay played in two playoff series and Lee barely played in the playoffs at all last year. Dragic has played in more playoff games than Lillard and Lee combined, and Hayward isn't that far removed from a run to the NCAA Championship. Bogut and Batum also both have very little postseason experience. Portland's team is just really young and really inexperienced when it comes to the postseason. I trust Memphis' guys more, and I think they're a far more balanced basketball team.

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2014, 10:58 PM

???

Dragic was apart of that last phoenix run where they lost to Lal in the wcf

KnicksorBust
02-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Factoring in 8-9 man rotations POR almost has the true edge in every position and more importantly I love how they fit together with unselfish players and a ton of shooting. Also not a Josh Smith fan at all... even at PF.

Give me POR in 6.

TrueFan420
02-21-2014, 12:12 AM
???

Dragic was apart of that last phoenix run where they lost to Lal in the wcf

Forgot he was on that side but he only play 15 minutes and was a role player not the leader.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 01:31 PM
bump

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm going with POR in 7 games. That team is so efficient with a ton of spacing, and their defense is anchored well with Bogut. They have great rebounding and two defensive studs coming off the bench in Allen and Gibson. The playoff experience thing is a factor, but the Deng/Smith forward pairing I am just not a fan of.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
24 hours left of voting for this close matchup

Ebbs
02-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Memphis

Shammyguy3
02-22-2014, 12:43 PM
bump

Matter.
02-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Memphis