PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock Playoffs: CHI vs TOR

Shammyguy3
02-20-2014, 03:52 PM
This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

6. Chicago
PG: Derrick Rose - Kendall Marshall - Aaron Brooks - Marquis Teague
SG: Avery Bradley - Carlos Delfino - Brandon Jennings
SF: Caron Butler - Harrison Barnes
PF: Ryan Anderson - Jared Sullinger - Ersan Ilyasova
C: DeMarcus Cousins - Elton Brand

7. Toronto/Orlando
PG: John Wall - Trey Burke - Tony Wroten
SG: J.J. Redick - Eric Bledsoe - Alec Burks
SF: Trevor Ariza - Xavier Henry
PF: Greg Monroe - Tristan Thompson - Tyler Hansbrough - Donatas Motiejunas
C: Marcin Gortat - JJ Hickson - Mason Plumlee

Chicago has Home-court advantage

mightybosstone
02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm confused.... Is it Toronto or Orlando? Because the thread says one thing, but the poll says another. Regardless, I'm taking Toronto/Orlando. Chicago's front court would really struggle defensively, and I don't really know what player Derrick Rose is any more. Toronto/Orlando is a more balanced basketball team, and I love Bledsoe and Hickson coming off the bench. Cousins and Rose would inevitably go off a few games, but I just don't trust that team for a number of reasons.

Orlando/Toronto in 6.

Shammyguy3
02-20-2014, 07:41 PM
I really like this Toronto team. Both teams defenses are meh, but both teams offenses are really solid. Haven't decided yet but i'm leaning TOR at the moment

Shammyguy3
02-20-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm confused.... Is it Toronto or Orlando? Because the thread says one thing, but the poll says another. Regardless, I'm taking Toronto/Orlando. Chicago's front court would really struggle defensively, and I don't really know what player Derrick Rose is any more. Toronto/Orlando is a more balanced basketball team, and I love Bledsoe and Hickson coming off the bench. Cousins and Rose would inevitably go off a few games, but I just don't trust that team for a number of reasons.

Orlando/Toronto in 6.

it's actually both, TOR/ORL rosters were combined. It's confusing posting these matchups and staying consistent

Chrisclover
02-20-2014, 09:50 PM
On the whole ,our team is deeper with each player fulfilling their respective role. More importantly , many of them have their own strong suit:
1)Stars . This is a key element for a team to go deeper into the ever tough and tiring playoffs.
Rose and Cousins are superstars with near impeccable performances on both ends of the court ,and Anderson is a all star caliber player with much improved performance 20+6.5 in 44% and 41%shooting compared to last year’s 16+6.5 in 42% and 38% shooting , whereas ORL just have Wall and Gortat. Wall is amazing but his on court performance is clearly not comparable to that of MVP Rose, who is more fledged with a bigger heart . Gortat is good but when his matchup is Cousins ,his weaknesses like slow movement ,which is engendered by older age, and clumsy shooting are exposed totally .Cousins will wreak havoc on the front court like an unleashed beast who always prey on every life he sees

KnicksorBust
02-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Chicago. I dont think Monroe-Gortat fit together and I hate that they have Bledsoe on the bench. Should have packaged him to upgrade Ariza.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 01:30 PM
bump

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
24 hours left to vote, make it interesting and vote

TrueFan420
02-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Damn I voted too quickly. I took a cursory look at the rosters and voted chi but I forgot that rose isn't the same player he once was and that completely changes everything in my book.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 05:44 PM
ask a moderator in the forum to change the vote for you if you really want to vote TOR

xnick5757
02-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Anderson + Cousins would absolutely destroy Monroe/Gortat offensively

Chrisclover
02-21-2014, 10:12 PM
2)Other players complement each other well ,like Bradley covering the defense of Rose ,Brand as a experienced veteran coming off bench for Cousins,Sullinger being more athletic than Anderson ,which can grant us more post threat .

Shammyguy3
02-22-2014, 12:43 PM
bump

Shammyguy3
02-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Chicago advances

Chrisclover
02-22-2014, 10:36 PM
:clap:thanks

Chrisclover
02-22-2014, 10:37 PM
need to play against NYK in the next round