PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats Acquire Neal and Ridnour from Bucks for Sessions and Adrien

black1605
02-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I think it's a pretty solid deal for Charlotte. Gotta feel bad for Sessions though.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m
ESPN has learned deal will send Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal to Charlotte for Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien

ManRam
02-20-2014, 01:45 PM
As a Magic fan rooting against the Knicks to make the playoffs, I like this a good bit. Hopefully they, Detroit, Cleveland and everyone else in the playoffs currently can stay ahead of NYK. This should help a tad.

king4day
02-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Good move. Don't know what it does for Milwaukee though. Sessions returns to his old stomping grounds though.

black1605
02-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Good move. Don't know what it does for Milwaukee though. Sessions returns to his old stomping grounds though.

Saves Milwaukee some money, and eliminates issues Neal has with others in the locker room.

ManRam
02-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Saves Milwaukee some money, and eliminates issues Neal has with others in the locker room.

Not really. Ridnour and Neal are both expirings. Adrian has no value.

It's a completely lateral move. I don't quite get it either, but whatever.

black1605
02-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Not really. Ridnour and Neal are both expirings. Adrian has no value.

It's a completely lateral move. I don't quite get it either, but whatever.

Neal is not expiring.

ManRam
02-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Neal is not expiring.

Oops. Good call.

Never mind then.

GiantsSwaGG
02-20-2014, 02:06 PM
As a Magic fan rooting against the Knicks to make the playoffs, I like this a good bit. Hopefully they, Detroit, Cleveland and everyone else in the playoffs currently can stay ahead of NYK. This should help a tad.

Why are you rooting against the Knicks?

king4day
02-20-2014, 02:23 PM

How do you like it for Charlotte? I'd imagine Ridnour will simply replace Sessions but where does Neal fit?
Any idea why he had issues in the locker room?

Kashmir13579
02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Why can't Sessions find a home? He's good.

black1605
02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
How do you like it for Charlotte? I'd imagine Ridnour will simply replace Sessions but where does Neal fit?
Any idea why he had issues in the locker room?

Neal fits because Sessions was our first point guard off the bench and our first shooting guard off the bench. A normal game would see Sessions replace Henderson at shooting guard, and then Sessions slid to point when Kemba went out. This gives us loads more versatility having legit reserves at both positions.

And reports are Neal told Larry Sanders to start earning his money. Didn't go over well.

I like the deal a lot. Neal and Ridnour both will benefit from going from the worst team in the NBA to a team with a playoff shot.

EDIT: Also, Neal provides some three point shooting which we need badly.

Goose17
02-20-2014, 02:28 PM
I like this for Charlotte. Honestly think Dubs could have snatched Neal and Ridnour if they hadn't gone after Blake.

king4day
02-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Neal fits because Sessions was our first point guard off the bench and our first shooting guard off the bench. A normal game would see Sessions replace Henderson at shooting guard, and then Sessions slid to point when Kemba went out. This gives us loads more versatility having legit reserves at both positions.

And reports are Neal told Larry Sanders to start earning his money. Didn't go over well.

I like the deal a lot. Neal and Ridnour both will benefit from going from the worst team in the NBA to a team with a playoff shot.

EDIT: Also, Neal provides some three point shooting which we need badly.

Has Neal spoken about the trade yet? I wonder how he feels about it.

NYCkid12
02-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Why are you rooting against the Knicks?

Denver currently has the knicks pick , but Orlando gets the less favorable of the Knicks/Nuggets pick this year. If the Knicks miss the playoffs , then we are guranteed a lottery pick

SPURSFAN1
02-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Neal's numbers are down but the guy is a baller. Bucks is just a loser organization. I would hate to be in that cesspool after going to the finals the previous year.

CityofChaos
02-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Neal's numbers are down but the guy is a baller. Bucks is just a loser organization. I would hate to be in that cesspool after going to the finals the previous year.

LOL He signed with the Bucks so it's not like he was forced to be a part of their organization.

SPURSFAN1
02-20-2014, 08:09 PM
LOL He signed with the Bucks so it's not like he was forced to be a part of their organization.

Guy wants to get paid. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a good job for a shi..tty job with a better pay structure. Nothing wrong with looking out for number one. Bucks was just shi..ttier than he thought it would be. The bucks aren't going to get better even if they could draft all top 5 picks. They just suck.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Why can't Sessions find a home? He's good.

+1