PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love " Wolves are a better team than the Lakers "

Stunner
02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
https://twitter.com/nba_teamsnyd/status/436182000613867520

So much for loving LA

Jtirado16
02-19-2014, 01:24 PM
He can't say he hates it.. He still has to play with those guys. He's not gonna say he's leaving when he isn't a free agent till after next year..

nickdymez
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Troll

shep33
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
I think he'll wind up on the Knicks or Lakers after next season unless he gets dealt to a contender. Or if the Wolves add some much needed talent

What is he supposed to say? It's not like he's wrong, we suck this year lol and the Wolves are still in playoff contention. That would look awful if he said the Knicks, Lakers or whoever are a better team than the Wolves

Slug3
02-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I mean at the moment they really do. Lakers without Kobe are not a good team. I'm not trolling or anything. Doesn't mean that LA is not more appealing than Minny.

king4day
02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't think this is that bad. Wolves are better than LAL this year. He's just speaking truth and I don't think it would impact how he feels about joining LAL if/when the chance arises.

blystr2002
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
He didn't say it was a better organization or city. He was just stating an obvious for this year. Once he is a Laker, Love will be a able to say the same thing about LA.

DetroitBadBoy
02-19-2014, 01:59 PM
If I am Kevin Love, I'm getting out of the Western Conference.

dnl123
02-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I think he'll wind up on the Knicks or Lakers after next season unless he gets dealt to a contender. Or if the Wolves add some much needed talent

What is he supposed to say? It's not like he's wrong, we suck this year lol and the Wolves are still in playoff contention. That would look awful if he said the Knicks, Lakers or whoever are a better team than the Wolves

And you are basing that on what exactly? Both the Knicks and Lakers are pretty pathetic right now. Kobe's old and injured and there's no way of knowing whether Carmelo is staying in New York or not. Plus both of them are checkers who dictate most of their teams possessions.. Dwight hated playing with Kobe and it sounded like he may have stayed with LA if they got rid of him, and Amare (though he was hurt too) has never been the same since Anthony came to the Knicks and changed their whole style.

Also, contrary to ******** Knick and Laker fans beliefs no organization is just going to give away their star player so the Lakers and Knicks can get them. Who do the Lakers have to offer MN? 33 year old Pau? No thanks! Who do the Knicks have? The Timberwolves aren't going to let Love walk away for nothing. So the chances he goes to the Knicks or Lakers seems very small unless something crazy happens.

Kushed
02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
I think it's hilarious that people think Kevin Love hates Minnesota.

Do I expect him to stay? Yeah probably not going to happen but he loves the area, he likes his teammates, he likes the fans so I don't think it's so farfetched.

Who knows, maybe the run starts tonight and they make a push for the playoffs. Or maybe Flip Saunders pulls a miracle and lands another superstar.

The Wolves could easily be a top 8 team right now if it wasn't for losing just about every single game that has been decided by 4 or less points and yes I get that they lost all of those games but guess what? Teams grow together, they also get better and add pieces in the offseason. They could easily make the playoffs next season with a few tweaks here and there.

Will he leave? Probably but I'm not counting him out yet.

By the way, just to touch on his comments:

The lakers BLOW. They are in far worse shape than the Wolves from a franchise standpoint right now.

Would he love to play in LA? Of course. Do the lakers have one of the most storied franchises in the game? Of course.

But why in the hell would Love want to go to a team and have to go through the same EXACT thing he's been going through in Minnesota? It would be hell all over again. The lakers are in far worse shape right now.

Ebbs
02-19-2014, 02:10 PM
He's not wrong.

Ebbs
02-19-2014, 02:10 PM

Surprised more players don't think like this.

kobe4thewinbang
02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
https://twitter.com/nba_teamsnyd/status/436182000613867520

So much for loving LAWhat team isn't better than LAL *right now*? That being said, Minnesota ain't winning jack anytime soon. I see Love leaving for his own sake.

shep33
02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
And you are basing that on what exactly? Both the Knicks and Lakers are pretty pathetic right now. Kobe's old and injured and there's no way of knowing whether Carmelo is staying in New York or not. Plus both of them are checkers who dictate most of their teams possessions.. Dwight hated playing with Kobe and it sounded like he may have stayed with LA if they got rid of him, and Amare (though he was hurt too) has never been the same since Anthony came to the Knicks and changed their whole style.

Also, contrary to ******** Knick and Laker fans beliefs no organization is just going to give away their star player so the Lakers and Knicks can get them. Who do the Lakers have to offer MN? 33 year old Pau? No thanks! Who do the Knicks have? The Timberwolves aren't going to let Love walk away for nothing. So the chances he goes to the Knicks or Lakers seems very small unless something crazy happens.

I'm not talking about a trade, nobody here is. We're talking about free agency after next year. He could stay in Minny, which is fine, but regardless he's going to test the waters in free agency after next year. Without a doubt the Wolves are better than the knicks and Lakers this year. But we're talking a year and a half from now when both franchises have cap room and both will without a doubt have new head coaches.

I think what free agents like about the Knicks and Lakers in general is their ability to really not care about money when building a championship while also being able to team up superstars in a big market

That being said, if the Wolves can bring in another star player, I think he will stay, and that's an obvious win for the Wolves.

GSW11BRS
02-19-2014, 02:31 PM
No way he gets traded before the deadline this year and no way he is playing for Minnesota in 2016

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Kevin Love says that the TWolves have a better foundation than the Lakers and its no guarantee he would want to play with the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10482450/kevin-love-says-minnesota-timberwolves-better-team-los-angeles-lakers

For some reason it just makes me smile.

abe_froman
02-19-2014, 02:35 PM

hahaha i was thinking the same thing.wonder why more stars dont come east ,its a much easier road.

Pakman
02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Kevin Love says that the TWolves have a better foundation than the Lakers and its no guarantee he would want to play with the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10482450/kevin-love-says-minnesota-timberwolves-better-team-los-angeles-lakers

For some reason it just makes me smile.understandable considering suns fans have done anything but for a decade.

mdm692
02-19-2014, 03:01 PM
understandable considering suns fans have done anything but for a decade.
I didn't know 3 years=a decade. :confused:.

mjt20mik
02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
lol well he's right..

TDE
02-19-2014, 03:36 PM
understandable considering suns fans have done anything but for a decade. :laugh2:

TDE
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM

Suns had a better foundation in 06, Lakers had 34 wins and Lakers made the Finals 3times since...that makes me smile.

TDE
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM

Suns had a better foundation in 06, Lakers had 34 wins and Lakers made the Finals 3times since...that makes me smile.

PurpleLynch
02-19-2014, 04:22 PM
It's true what he told,but let's see how things will turn around for the Lakers in these next years. Players always change their mind,I won't take it as a dogma.

NoahH
02-19-2014, 04:25 PM
That's not news to anyone

WITZ
02-19-2014, 04:31 PM
What team isn't better than LAL *right now*? That being said, Minnesota ain't winning jack anytime soon. I see Love leaving for his own sake.

:laugh: Your sig ,Kobe doesn't give a ****

John Walls Era
02-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Hes right. They are a better team... right now. But LA is a better location.

Tony_Starks
02-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Holla at me in 2015 when hes a FA. I'm pretty sure our core won't be Kendall Marshall, Jodie Meeks,Robert Sacre, and Jordan hill by then....

BoSox47
02-19-2014, 04:51 PM

Kevin Love to the celtics. Celtics keeping rondo around.

goingfor28
02-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Love will be a Laker in 2015 no doubt. I don't see any way that doesn't happen. He'll sign a max w LAL

kobe4thewinbang
02-19-2014, 05:52 PM
:laugh: Your sig ,Kobe doesn't give a ****I know, right? That's why he's awesome.

kobe4thewinbang
02-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Kevin Love to the celtics. Celtics keeping rondo around.For what? Celtics don't have much to offer. They couldn't even land Demarcus Cousins last year, and I think Ainge is keeping Rondo so Minnesota wouldn't get him in a trade.

Aust
02-19-2014, 06:05 PM
lol @ this thread. We already talked about this in the Laker forum so I'll just C&P:

"People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota," Love told GQ magazine. "And I'm not s------- on the Lakers, but we [the Timberwolves] have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.

lol he's right. They have the better team and foundation :shrug:

This doesn't mean anything though. It's equivalent to Dwight saying how much he loves playing in Orlando. The fact that he felt the need to say this says a lot.

He just said the Timberwolves have a better foundation, what he actually means by that is just speculation.. Your right it could mean the FO but I doubt it, I think he means the Timberwolves have a better young core with more upside then the Lakers which is absolutely true

That's what he meant. A foundation of talent you build your team around.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
for the second time in Wolves franchise history, he is right. Doesn't mean that won't change in the next couple of years. Lets see, one team has a rich history of winning rings, and being an elite team. The other, one appearance ever in the WCF, actually losing to that first team.

Guess which is which?

This is most likely an attempt at getting people to stop asking him these questions. Of course that won't work, it is probably just an attempt.

kobe4thewinbang
02-19-2014, 06:08 PM
lol @ this thread. We already talked about this in the Laker forum so I'll just C&P:

"People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota," Love told GQ magazine. "And I'm not s------- on the Lakers, but we [the Timberwolves] have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.Having fun losing?

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

Not exactly where the Lakers are, but not exactly sniffing the playoffs.

0nekhmer
02-19-2014, 06:14 PM
If he ends up signing with L.A..

BoSox47
02-19-2014, 06:23 PM
For what? Celtics don't have much to offer. They couldn't even land Demarcus Cousins last year, and I think Ainge is keeping Rondo so Minnesota wouldn't get him in a trade.

Free agency im sorry. Wasnt making that clear at all.

jerellh528
02-19-2014, 06:43 PM
He's right. But he also knows that they're the better team right now because of him. That whole statement changes if he was in LA. Him coupled with a top 5 pick, a max fa, Kobe and some decent role players changes that. Also when Kobe comes off the books theres 2 more great players to add for that $$. The lakers should be just fine in a few yrs

ManRam
02-19-2014, 07:03 PM
He's right.

And it may or may not mean anything at all.

Cooling the notion of Laker Exceptionalism doesn't bother me though.

amos1er
02-19-2014, 07:16 PM
for the second time in Wolves franchise history, he is right. Doesn't mean that won't change in the next couple of years. Lets see, one team has a rich history of winning rings, and being an elite team. The other, one appearance ever in the WCF, actually losing to that first team.

Guess which is which?

This is most likely an attempt at getting people to stop asking him these questions. Of course that won't work, it is probably just an attempt.

True, but the Lakers are not the Lakers of old anymore. Since the decline and passing of Dr. Buss, his idiot son has all but run the franchise into the ground and made it somewhat of a laughing stock. Players no longer clammer to play for the Lakers the way they once did. It's really a sad thing to watch happen. I have friends who work for the organization and they all say that it's a shell of what it used to be under Jimbo. They say it used to be the best job and a lot of fun, now it's just a drudge and they are looking for other work. I pray every day that Jim Buss leaves or someone usurps him. Sad to say, but Love is right. The Wolves are the better managed and run team than the Lakers are currently.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 07:54 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats are better and have a better foundation. The Wizards, the Cavs and the Pelicans are also better with better foundations. I can go on and on.

In the end, all that means absolutely nothing. When the Lakers come calling vs those teams including Minny, offering the same deal, who do you think players will choose? Its that simple.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 07:57 PM
True, but the Lakers are not the Lakers of old anymore. Since the decline and passing of Dr. Buss, his idiot son has all but run the franchise into the ground and made it somewhat of a laughing stock. Players no longer clammer to play for the Lakers the way they once did. It's really a sad thing to watch happen. I have friends who work for the organization and they all say that it's a shell of what it used to be under Jimbo. They say it used to be the best job and a lot of fun, now it's just a drudge and they are looking for other work. I pray every day that Jim Buss leaves or someone usurps him. Sad to say, but Love is right. The Wolves are the better managed and run team than the Lakers are currently.

trust me, I hope that continues...

I haven't liked the Lakers since I was 9 years old.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 07:58 PM

Jim has been in charge for exactly one year as of yesterday. The only things you can attribute to him solely as the owner is not trading Howard for assets instead of letting him walk and giving the dumb deal to Kobe. What else has he done? Dr. Buss was the one still in charge with the Nash trade, and the Mike D hiring.

Also, as far as players clamoring to play for the Lakers, hasn't Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Carmelo, and that kid from Australia, (Exum) been rumored to imply they would like to play for the Lakers? I know they are rumors but so were the other rumors around the league when players said they might want to play for the Lakers.

amos1er
02-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Jim has been in charge for exactly one year as of yesterday. The only things you can attribute to him solely as the owner is not trading Howard for assets instead of letting him walk and giving the dumb deal to Kobe. What else has he done? Dr. Buss was the one still in charge with the Nash trade, and the Mike D hiring.

Everyone knows that Dr. Buss was far to sick the last few years to really make any sort of decisions. Mike Brown... That was Jim. Dumping Odom for nothing, that was Jim. Not hiring Phil... That was Jim. Hiring Mike D'Antoni... That was Jim. Not trading Dwight at the deadline when he knew Dwight would walk in the off season... That was Jim. Firing all our scouts and replacing them with his no-good brothers... That was Jim. Hiring his drinking buddy Chaz the Bartender... That was Jim. Outing Kobe back in 2007 to the press and naming him as the sole reason Shaq left which resulted in Kobe wanting to be traded... That was Jim. Over paying Kobe these next few seasons... That was Jim. Not retaining key bench players from our last back to back championships, that was Jim. Chasing Jerry West, Phil Jackson, and Magic Johnson out of the organization... That was Jim. Please don't act like this guy hasn't been the one ****ing us these past few years because even Magic Johnson and people I know personally who work for the organization have confirmed that all the above was all a direct result of Jim Buss. You can't deny that Phil not being brought back into the organization in order to attract more FA's isn't a direct result of Jim's ego and PJ complex. We need a big name in the Lakers like Riley in Miami if we are going to thrive in the coming years. Jim is not the guy and no one want to play for him... See Dwight Howard.

amos1er
02-19-2014, 08:08 PM

Ya, but even you must admit that the league overall is more fun when the Lakers are relevant.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Ya, but even you must admit that the league overall is more fun when the Lakers are relevant.

sure, as any huge market team. Same with the Yankees in baseball for instance.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Everyone knows that Dr. Buss was far to sick the last few years to really make any sort of decisions. Mike Brown... That was Jim. Dumping Odom for nothing, that was Jim. Not hiring Phil... That was Jim. Hiring Mike D'Antoni... That was Jim. Not trading Dwight at the deadline when he knew Dwight would walk in the off season... That was Jim. Firing all our scouts and replacing them with his no-good brothers... That was Jim. Hiring his drinking buddy Chaz the Bartender... That was Jim. Outing Kobe back in 2007 to the press and naming him as the sole reason Shaq left which resulted in Kobe wanting to be traded... That was Jim. Over paying Kobe these next few seasons... That was Jim. Not retaining key bench players from our last back to back championships, that was Jim. Chasing Jerry West, Phil Jackson, and Magic Johnson out of the organization... That was Jim. Please don't act like this guy hasn't been the one ****ing us these past few years because even Magic Johnson and people I know personally who work for the organization have confirmed that all the above was all a direct result of Jim Buss. You can't deny that Phil not being brought back into the organization in order to attract more FA's isn't a direct result of Jim's ego and PJ complex. We need a big name in the Lakers like Riley in Miami if we are going to thrive in the coming years. Jim is not the guy and no one want to play for him... See Dwight Howard.

You could have made that same post in 2004 for the greatest owner in sports.

Dr. Buss, traded an all time great in Shaq for pennies on the dollar, he let Phil walk to hire Rudy T. He turned a team that went to the finals 4 out of 5 years into a lottery team starting Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown. Karl Malone didn't want to come back, he traded Payton to the Celtics of all teams, a year later Kobe wanted nothing to do with him, so on and so on.

Jim had the misfortune of obtaining the team when all their stars were past their prime. All runs have to come to an end. They would have come to an end with Dr. Buss still alive. Just like they did 10 years ago. All teams have to go through it. The Lakers are no different.

Question, was Jim the one who also almost got CP3 and successfully traded for Dwight? Were you not happy when he traded for Nash? I was. I now know it was a bad deal but hindsight is 20/20.

And he didn't dump Odom for nothing, he traded him for CP3. When that fell through Odom demanded a trade. He did not report to camp. We had no leverage. We got a trade exception that was turned into Nash. Even though I recall you thinking that Jim would not use it to pocket the savings. You turned out to be wrong about that. And time will tell if you are wrong about the rest of your opinions

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2014, 08:21 PM
sure, as any huge market team. Same with the Yankees in baseball for instance.

I'll buy you a Kevin Love laker jersey if he comes here, as long as you become a laker fan. What do you say hawk? fair offer. :)

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 08:23 PM

Question, I may be wrong but are you not a Yankee fan?

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 08:23 PM
I'll buy you a Kevin Love laker jersey if he comes here, as long as you become a laker fan. What do you say hawk? fair offer. :)

I only care about the name on the front of the jersey....

I do like players from other teams, but I won't root for almost any of them

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Question, I may be wrong but are you not a Yankee fan?

I was growing up, and through the Rivera/Jeter/Jorge days, but I have lost alot of interest in them over the past few years, and become more of an Astros fan, simply because I have lived in Houston so long.

Basically, baseball I rarely watch, so my passion for any team is meh

Aust
02-19-2014, 08:29 PM

Yes we know

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 08:29 PM
I was growing up, and through the Rivera/Jeter/Jorge days, but I have lost at on of interest in them over the past few years, and become more of an Astros fan, simply because I have lived in Houston so long.

Basically, baseball I rarely watch, so my passion for any team is meh
Got ya. I am mistaken then. I only ask because I find it funny when a Laker fan who is a Dodger or Angel fan says he hates the Yankees. They say they win too much and buy their rings. I'm like "But you root for the Lakers???" Same thing for a Yankee fan that hates the Lakers for winning too much. I root for the Dodgers but I will never hate the Yankees because they remind me of the Lakers in a way

Tony_Starks
02-19-2014, 08:30 PM

This is true. Jim has pretty much been in the drivers seat going back to the drafting of Bynum and refusing to trade Bynum for J Kidd because Bynum was "his guy." That's his main problem is he's so eager to take credit for HIS moves (Brown, Mike D, Howard, Nash) and make his own legacy like Dr Buss that his ego won't let him bring in some people that actually know basketball to run things.

I think the city is about to force him out though. TV ratings AND ticket sales are down and Laker games are being bumped from prime time for the first time in like 30 years.

As big as his ego is its C.R.E.A.M at the end of the day.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes we know

doesn't mean I dont understand how awesome they have been for the last 35 years

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 08:35 PM
This is true. Jim has pretty much been in the drivers seat going back to the drafting of Bynum and refusing to trade Bynum for J Kidd because Bynum was "his guy." That's his main problem is he's so eager to take credit for HIS moves (Brown, Mike D, Howard, Nash) and make his own legacy like Dr Buss that his ego won't let him bring in some people that actually know basketball to run things.

I think the city is about to force him out though. TV ratings AND ticket sales are down and Laker games are being bumped from prime time for the first time in like 30 years.

You mean you would have wanted to trade Bynum for an old Jason Kidd? Time proved that Bynum was the better player going forward. Bynum's value was much higher than an over the hill point guard. His value landed the best center in the game.

I remember everyone crying that the Lakers did not want to give up Bynum for Jermaine O'Neal. Time proved that to be another smart move.

And if Jim has been running things since the Bynum drafting (which was great) hasn't he been the mastermind to building a 2x champ and 3 straight final appearances?

Teeboy1487
02-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Love is right. For me though, all I care about right now is the Lakers losing more games. If Love comes here in 2015, good. If not, oh well. #Tank

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2014, 08:48 PM
I only care about the name on the front of the jersey....

I do like players from other teams, but I won't root for almost any of them

You misunderstood me, I wasn't saying you were gonna follow Love to whatever team he joins, I was just teasing you about him becoming a laker. Telling you to join the "dark" side :)

I think you misunderstood my post, i wasn't questioning your wolve's loyalty at all.

Cal827
02-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Comment doesn't mean much. It's the only team he's played for since joining the NBA. What do you expect him to say? "Minnesota is great and all, but LA is just better"?

lol, please
02-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Is this supposed to mean something? Most teams are better than the lakers. Is that supposed to be a compliment?

"I'm faster than a turtle". Real commendable right there.

amos1er
02-19-2014, 09:26 PM
You could have made that same post in 2004 for the greatest owner in sports.

Nope, he ended up doing the right thing... Keeping Kobe then bringing back Phil a year later. Still waiting for Jim to bring back Phil...

Dr. Buss, traded an all time great in Shaq for pennies on the dollar, he let Phil walk to hire Rudy T. He turned a team that went to the finals 4 out of 5 years into a lottery team starting Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown. Karl Malone didn't want to come back, he traded Payton to the Celtics of all teams, a year later Kobe wanted nothing to do with him, so on and so on.

Again, Buss salvaged all that by keeping Kobe when he wanted to go to either Chicago or The Clippers. Brought back Phil a year later so thats null in void. Jim is the one who wanted Rudy T BTW and it was Mitch who made the horrible deal for Shaq not Dr. Buss. Yes he ok'd it, but Mitch was a far cry from Jerry West and that was probably the best he could do. Better than letting Shaq go for nothing like his idiot son did with Dwight. At least we got something for Shaq that later turned into Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom who were the two and three options for back to back championships. Had Jim not chased West out of the organization like he did to Phil, I'm sure West would have done better in the Shaq trade though.

Jim had the misfortune of obtaining the team when all their stars were past their prime. All runs have to come to an end. They would have come to an end with Dr. Buss still alive. Just like they did 10 years ago. All teams have to go through it. The Lakers are no different.

Jim started making decisions the day Phil Jackson left (and even back into 2005, the first time he left) and that has been noted by many in the Lakers brass including Magic Johnson himself. Jim fired everyone that had anything to do with the Phil Jackson era. Why do that unless your a narcissistic spoiled brat with a complex. Those guys all served the team well... Why get rid of them? Back in 2011, the Lakers could have still made a run had we kept our core pieces together and made some slight modifications to the bench. Kobe's knees went out yes, but he was back next season tearing it up. No need to hit the panic button and make all those changes especially when what you had before won championships. Jim also refused to trade Bynum for Carmelo Anthony back in 2011. Phil had advocated for Anthony knowing that Kobe was thrashed by injuries. Jim's ego was tied to Bynum, so he refused and we got swept in the second round. Now what do we have to show for holding on to Bynum all those years??? Nothing but lost draft picks in a trade for Dwight that Jim lost out on because his ego wouldn't let him bring Phil Jackson back in order to keep his future franchise player happy.

Question, was Jim the one who also almost got CP3 and successfully traded for Dwight? Were you not happy when he traded for Nash? I was. I now know it was a bad deal but hindsight is 20/20.

If Jim and Mitch were smart, they would have checked with Stern before hand. They knew Stern was the acting owner and should have done their due diligence. This is chess, not checkers. Even Jerry West came out afterwards and said that he would have had the foresight to have checked with Stern before hand. Another stupid move on Jim's part if you ask me. I was excited for Nash until I realized that they signed him to a three year deal. One with an option for a second would have been standard given his age and milage. A no brainer really.

And he didn't dump Odom for nothing, he traded him for CP3. When that fell through Odom demanded a trade. He did not report to camp. We had no leverage. We got a trade exception that was turned into Nash. Even though I recall you thinking that Jim would not use it to pocket the savings. You turned out to be wrong about that. And time will tell if you are wrong about the rest of your opinions

I have been right the entire time. I told you all about this years ago and no one believed me. Now Magic Johnson has come out publicly and uttered the same sentiments I have for years. So if a player demands to be traded (allegedly) you should automatically just trade him even if it hurts the team??? So by that logic you would have been ok with them trading Kobe back in 2007 just because he demanded it??? Come on now. A good owner has to be more accountable than that. The real reason he traded Odom, was to make more room for his precious pet Bynum in the offense... The same reason he hired his coach Mike Brown and completely ignored Kobe's wished to hire Brian Shaw... To feature Bynum as the number two option. Even Phil stated this mistake in his 2012 HBO interview. It's not like this was done with the foresight to land Nash, he fell in their lap and they over paid and over signed. Jim and Mitch are just not Laker material. I pray every night that Phil comes back or West comes back. I just try to remember the good times and forget the dark times... The Jim Buss era. :(

amos1er
02-19-2014, 09:27 PM

Thank you! Somebody who knows whats up.

NBA_Starter
02-19-2014, 09:37 PM
This year they are but it sounds like an answer to get people off of his back.

Tony_Starks
02-19-2014, 09:39 PM
You mean you would have wanted to trade Bynum for an old Jason Kidd? Time proved that Bynum was the better player going forward. Bynum's value was much higher than an over the hill point guard. His value landed the best center in the game.

I remember everyone crying that the Lakers did not want to give up Bynum for Jermaine O'Neal. Time proved that to be another smart move.

And if Jim has been running things since the Bynum drafting (which was great) hasn't he been the mastermind to building a 2x champ and 3 straight final appearances?

Well Kidd went on to help Dallas get a ring after that and was even credited to helping lead the Knicks to 50 + wins last year, while Bynum has went from missing half seasons to entire seasons so no Kidd was ultimately the better player. Lets not act like Bynum was instrumental in our runs, half the time he was hurt and Gasol and Odom held it down.

Jimmy is horrible man. He chose to build a team around a 40 year old Steve Nash and the worst defensive coach in NBA history. That pretty much says how much he knows about basketball.

amos1er
02-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Well Kidd went on to help Dallas get a ring after that and was even credited to helping lead the Knicks to 50 + wins last year, while Bynum has went from missing half seasons to entire seasons so no Kidd was ultimately the better player. Lets not act like Bynum was instrumental in our runs, half the time he was hurt and Gasol and Odom held it down.

Jimmy is horrible man. He chose to build a team around a 40 year old Steve Nash and the worst defensive coach in NBA history. That pretty much says how much he knows about basketball.

Yup. Don't forget to mention that holding on to Bynum resulted in nothing but lost draft picks via the Dwight Howard debacle.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2014, 09:44 PM
You misunderstood me, I wasn't saying you were gonna follow Love to whatever team he joins, I was just teasing you about him becoming a laker. Telling you to join the "dark" side :)

I think you misunderstood my post, i wasn't questioning your wolve's loyalty at all.

when KG left, I was happy for him he won a ring, but I didn't give a **** about him overall, if that makes sense. If Love leaves, I don't care one way or another if he ever wins again.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Nope, he ended up doing the right thing... Keeping Kobe then bringing back Phil a year later. Still waiting for Jim to bring back Phil...

Shouldn't you give Jim some time to make things right as well? Like you said, he "ended up doing the right thing" But before that, he did exactly as Jim is doing right now.

Again, Buss salvaged all that by keeping Kobe when he wanted to go to either Chicago or The Clippers. Brought back Phil a year later so thats null in void. Jim is the one who wanted Rudy T BTW and it was Mitch who made the horrible deal for Shaq not Dr. Buss. Yes he ok'd it, but Mitch was a far cry from Jerry West and that was probably the best he could do. Better than letting Shaq go for nothing like his idiot son did with Dwight. At least we got something for Shaq that later turned into Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom who were the two and three options for back to back championships. Had Jim not chased West out of the organization like he did to Phil, I'm sure West would have done better in the Shaq trade though.

Jim chased West out? West left in 2001 when Jim had nothing to do with the Lakers decisions. You are the first to ever say anything about Jim chasing out West. From all reports, West did not want to work with Phil.

Jim started making decisions the day Phil Jackson left (and even back into 2005, the first time he left)

Like I asked Tony Starks, if he has been making decisions for that long, hasn't he been an instrumental part in a back to back and three straight finals? Does he only get the blame when things go wrong and no credit when things go right?

Jim fired everyone that had anything to do with the Phil Jackson era. Why do that unless your a narcissistic spoiled brat with a complex. Those guys all served the team well... Why get rid of them? Back in 2011, the Lakers could have still made a run had we kept our core pieces together and made some slight modifications to the bench. Kobe's knees went out yes, but he was back next season tearing it up. No need to hit the panic button and make all those changes especially when what you had before won championships. Jim also refused to trade Bynum for Carmelo Anthony back in 2011. Phil had advocated for Anthony knowing that Kobe was thrashed by injuries. Jim's ego was tied to Bynum, so he refused and we got swept in the second round. Now what do we have to show for holding on to Bynum all those years??? Nothing but lost draft picks in a trade for Dwight that Jim lost out on because his ego wouldn't let him bring Phil Jackson back in order to keep his future franchise player happy.

Are you saying that attempting a trade for CP3 was hitting the panic button? Bynum for Melo would be horrible. Look at Melo's numbers. He is a bigger version of Allen Iverson. Nice counting numbers, below average when you look deeper.

If Jim and Mitch were smart, they would have checked with Stern before hand. They knew Stern was the acting owner and should have done their due diligence. This is chess, not checkers. Even Jerry West came out afterwards and said that he would have had the foresight to have checked with Stern before hand. Another stupid move on Jim's part if you ask me. I was excited for Nash until I realized that they signed him to a three year deal. One with an option for a second would have been standard given his age and milage. A no brainer really.

From what I have read, the Hornets GM told Mitch he had full authority of all transactions. Also, the Lakers NEVER announced that the trade had been completed. That is what reporters do. The Lakers always try to do things quietly. Like the Pau trade. Its always the other teams who have loose lips. Word got out and Lamar and Pau heard about it before it was official. That's not Jim or Mitch's fault.

I have been right the entire time. I told you all about this years ago and no one believed me. Now Magic Johnson has come out publicly and uttered the same sentiments I have for years. So if a player demands to be traded (allegedly) you should automatically just trade him even if it hurts the team??? So by that logic you would have been ok with them trading Kobe back in 2007 just because he demanded it??? Come on now. A good owner has to be more accountable than that. The real reason he traded Odom, was to make more room for his precious pet Bynum in the offense... The same reason he hired his coach Mike Brown and completely ignored Kobe's wished to hire Brian Shaw... To feature Bynum as the number two option. Even Phil stated this mistake in his 2012 HBO interview. It's not like this was done with the foresight to land Nash, he fell in their lap and they over paid and over signed. Jim and Mitch are just not Laker material. I pray every night that Phil comes back or West comes back. I just try to remember the good times and forget the dark times... The Jim Buss era. :(

Mitch has been the GM for 4 championships and according to you and Tony Starks Jim has been an owner of 2 championships. Like I said, you cant give all the credit to Dr. Buss when things go right and put all the blame on Mitch and Jim when things go wrong.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2014, 11:12 PM

Kidd helped Dallas win just like Bynum helped the Lakers win. Kidd averaged 9 pts, 7 assist, 4 rebound on 40% shooting the year they won. Lets not act like a 37 year old Kidd was the driving force behind anything.

Like I asked before, do you give him credit for the two chips?

Kushed
02-20-2014, 01:13 AM
when KG left, I was happy for him he won a ring, but I didn't give a **** about him overall, if that makes sense. If Love leaves, I don't care one way or another if he ever wins again.

Doesn't make sense really... Love gives his heart out here, has become much less of a whiner, overall a good guy. He hasn't had teams nearly as good as the ones KG did so not really sure why you wouldn't root for him if he decided to go elsewhere.

Kushed
02-20-2014, 01:14 AM
If you recall we could have a trio of steph curry, George, and love but our front office doesn't know how to draft... doesn't matter who is at the helm, flip proved he has no idea what he is doing either

Hawkeye15
02-20-2014, 01:18 AM
Doesn't make sense really... Love gives his heart out here, has become much less of a whiner, overall a good guy. He hasn't had teams nearly as good as the ones KG did so not really sure why you wouldn't root for him if he decided to go elsewhere.

why would I? That being said, if he goes to a multitude of teams I dislike, like KG did, I will never root for him.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2014, 01:18 AM
If you recall we could have a trio of steph curry, George, and love but our front office doesn't know how to draft... doesn't matter who is at the helm, flip proved he has no idea what he is doing either

sweet reminder haha

todu82
02-20-2014, 01:22 AM
They are this year for sure but I think that he may regret saying that next year if he decides to leave Minnesota.

FrankieFreakout
02-20-2014, 08:39 AM
That's a pretty bold statement for someone who really has no clue either way.

futureman
02-20-2014, 02:15 PM
I think the Lakers will end up trading their pick on draft night for Kevin Love.