PDA

View Full Version : Short Sleeved Jerseys - Fan Review

NoahH
02-18-2014, 03:06 PM
So we've all heard the terrible reviews about the short-sleeved jerseys. They look dumb, they restrict shooting form etc etc. But has anyone personally tried a short sleeve jersey on? I'm a bit of a jersey buff and was thinking about adding one to my collection, however, I'm worried they might look terrible on a fan. I own tons of regular jerseys and wear them regularly, but can't pull the trigger on a short-sleeved jersey. I can't try it on first either because there are no good jersey stores in my area who carry short-sleeved jerseys (they all carry only NHL apparel and a select few NBA jerseys like LeBron and D-Rose).

I've only seen one fan review where a fan actually bought a jersey and tried it on and it looked a bit weird, although the dude himself was a bit weird. http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/02/22/what-the-new-short-sleeved-warriors-jersey-looks-like-on-a-normal-person/

Anyone have any personal experience trying on a jersey or anyone own one who can weigh in?

goingfor28
02-18-2014, 03:18 PM
i :laugh2:'d when i saw the first pic with that dude having it tucked in loool

Delrayhc
02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Lame A**ed jerseys. Every team sport wears a jersey with sleeves except for b-ball now they will as well. My biggest beef are the adds that will be placed on them. Swapping uniqueness for greed. You can say all you want about business moves and all that b.s but what it comes down to is greed. Adam Silvermans last name pretty much tells you that it's all about money and that's it.

Goose17
02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
From a buyers perspective surely a short sleeved jersey makes more sense? Hockey and Football jerseys have sleeves, as do Soccer ones.

It's more like a t-shirt right?

Never tried one on, seen the Dubs one (yellow) when I was in SF last year, it looked pretty good on the hanger if I'm honest, but I think the material is quite tight, and I'm far too slim to wear something that tight.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM
From a buyers perspective surely a short sleeved jersey makes more sense? Hockey and Football jerseys have sleeves, as do Soccer ones.

It's more like a t-shirt right?

Never tried one on, seen the Dubs one (yellow) when I was in SF last year, it looked pretty good on the hangar if I'm honest, but I think the material is quite tight, and I'm far too slim to wear something that tight.

That's what im worried about, I'm really skinny and itll probably just accentuate by lack of buff-ness lol. I have a couple NFL jerseys and theyre more like a t-shirt fit. These NBA sleeved jerseys look more like tight Under Armor shirts and I wouldnt be caught dead wearing Under Armor around regularly.

Walt
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM
They are absolutely horrible. Just think in 10 years, jerseys may be gone. It'll be short sleeved shirts and warm up pants during games.

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2014, 03:37 PM
already mentioned this but I like them because I preferred sleeves more than non sleeves. just more comfortable to me. That GSW one is too flashy and bright so I wouldn't wear that one.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
already mentioned this but I like them because I preferred sleeves more than non sleeves. just more comfortable to me. That GSW one is too flashy and bright so I wouldn't wear that one.

Do you own one / have you tried one on? I find myself wearing my NFL jerseys more often in the winter just because its more like a t-shirt instead of wearing an NBA jersey with a t-shirt underneath (which im not a huge fan of). The NBA Jerseys come out in the summer when i can wear them without a t-shirt underneath and with some shorts.

The GSW is a bit too flashy for my taste too, but I'm considering the powder blue Clippers one or maybe the black Wolves one.

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2014, 03:41 PM
I have to say, I don't like wearing tight clothes when I am engaged in physical activities, but Blake Griffin looks buff as hell in those things. It really accentuates his biceps, causing me to question my sexuality. I'm sure some of the ladies who are fans of the game like them.

But overall, I vote thumbs down. For one, I just like the old jerseys, maybe its a tradition thing, and for two, I don't like have Blake's impressive biceps and upper body force me to question my sexuality! I am happy as a heterosexual, and I would like to stay that way!

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Do you own one / have you tried one on? I find myself wearing my NFL jerseys more often in the winter just because its more like a t-shirt instead of wearing an NBA jersey with a t-shirt underneath (which im not a huge fan of). The NBA Jerseys come out in the summer when i can wear them without a t-shirt underneath and with some shorts.

The GSW is a bit too flashy for my taste too, but I'm considering the powder blue Clippers one or maybe the black Wolves one.
havent tried one. Raptors don't have sleeved jerseys and I'd only consider ordering a Raptors one online (if it werent too expensive). I dont mind wearing other teams jerseys but I'd have to find it in a store to buy it. I like the new Nike NFL Jerseys I have a Luck one and it's really comfortable, only problem is they're expensive as hell. The older reebok NFL jerseys are pretty damn uncomfortable (Have a Demarcus Ware one) so I hardly wear it.

Not into NBA jerseys as much anymore because of having to wear the undershirt. I've become a fan of soccer jerseys lately because they're cheap and also comfortable.

Delrayhc
02-18-2014, 03:43 PM
Why don't they go ahead and change the jerseys to onesies.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 03:45 PM
havent tried one. Raptors don't have sleeved jerseys. I like the new Nike NFL Jerseys I have a Luck one and it's really comfortable, only problem is they're expensive as hell. The older reebok NFL jerseys are pretty damn uncomfortable (Have a Demarcus Ware one) so I hardly wear it.

Not into NBA jerseys as much anymore because of having to wear the undershirt. I've become a fan of soccer jerseys lately because they're cheap and also comfortable.

yeah i can't afford NFL ones. 135$ plus shipping / handling and tax and you're out $160 at least.

I'm lucky im not an NHL fan. Regular NHL jerseys cost like $200

moshy2
02-18-2014, 03:46 PM
As long as it doesn't mess up the players then I couldn't care less if they have sleeves or not. I'm a little too big to wear them, but it doesn't matter to me if the players do. I'm not really on board with the ads, but the sleeves don't matter.

As for wearing one I haven't, but my friend does and it's too tight, although that may be because of his denial that he's gained weight since high school lol

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2014, 03:48 PM
yeah i can't afford NFL ones. 135$ plus shipping / handling and tax and you're out $160 at least.

My Luck jersey was $140. I found it at a sports store when I was xmas shopping and I was like "A Nike Luck Jersey? no way im walkin out without this ****" and I just bought it w/o caring about the price.

I also don't like hockey but their jerseys look sick

NoahH
02-18-2014, 03:50 PM
My Luck jersey was $140. I found it at a sports store when I was xmas shopping and I was like "A Nike Luck Jersey? no way im walkin out without this ****" and I just bought it w/o caring about the price.

Baseball jerseys are nice too. NBA has the least versatile jerseys IMO lol but i still love em

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 04:06 PM
people care way too much about these sleeved jerseys yet none of you play in the league or have to wear them. Those Clippers baby blue were easily the best ones so far. i mean who still wears a bball jersey to anything other than a game?

NoahH
02-18-2014, 04:08 PM
people care way too much about these sleeved jerseys yet none of you play in the league or have to wear them. Those Clippers baby blue were easily the best ones so far. i mean who still wears a bball jersey to anything other than a game?

Me... I wear jerseys alot. That's why I'm asking lol because I want to buy a powder blue Clippers jersey but am hesitant.

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2014, 04:10 PM

they look like a WNBA uniform. Wolves sleeved are the best imo

NoahH
02-18-2014, 04:11 PM

Yeah they're dope. Im leaning towards that one too. Powder blue is a bit risky lol.

diu9leilomo
02-18-2014, 04:29 PM
I like them, but I dun think it make sense for basketball. The fact that it wraps around your arms and shoulder doesn't make sense for shooting. I guess nowadays players don't really care, theres so many other gears now from arm sleeves to leggings..you hardly see a player wearing just the jersey itself. At the end it's all about fashion.

Goose17
02-18-2014, 04:31 PM

A lot of people wear them. Sometimes for lounging around the house, sometimes for fashion, sometimes for actually playing basketball.

goingfor28
02-18-2014, 04:42 PM

i do

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Me... I wear jerseys alot. That's why I'm asking lol because I want to buy a powder blue Clippers jersey but am hesitant.

you wear jerseys a lot like just to go out in? not trying to be a dick but you gotta still be in HS right?

Wolves black are nice too i forgot about them

NoahH
02-18-2014, 05:26 PM
you wear jerseys a lot like just to go out in? not trying to be a dick but you gotta still be in HS right?

Wolves black are nice too i forgot about them

Yup just to go out... Not in HS, but im not a middle-aged father either (which is when I will probably draw the line)

MonroeFAN
02-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Not sure about the jersey, but that packaging is really sweet.

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Yup just to go out... Not in HS, but im not a middle-aged father either (which is when I will probably draw the line)

youre over 21 and they let you into nice bars?

Goose17
02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
youre over 21 and they let you into nice bars?

"Nice Bars".

Nothing wrong with a dive bar now and then. And why would you assume he wears them to a bar? He might just be out at the store or at a friends place or something

Goose17
02-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Why is it acceptable for middle aged guys to wear football jerseys but not basketball jerseys?

NoahH
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
"Nice Bars".

Nothing wrong with a dive bar now and then. And why would you assume he wears them to a bar? He might just be out at the store or at a friends place or something
LOL Yeah.. I dont wear jerseys to 'nice bars.' Its not like im wearing my Curry jersey to work or anything either.

If i go to the mall or something like that I might wear a jersey. Sometimes ill wear a jersey to school (college) too because no one cares what you wear to school. I understand there's alot of people who are against people over the age of 18 wearing a jersey. I'm not sure why though because I see alot of weirder clothes when I'm out and about.

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Why is it acceptable for middle aged guys to wear football jerseys but not basketball jerseys?

i am actually asking bcuz i am curious, not being a dick. i've never seen a grown man (a normal one) wear a football jersey just to go out in. I live 15 min from Center City in Philly where all the nice places are and my area has fallen to lower middle class in recent years and most local bars wont allow you in with a jersey on unless its for a game.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
i am actually asking bcuz i am curious, not being a dick. i've never seen a grown man (a normal one) wear a football jersey just to go out in. I live 15 min from Center City in Philly where all the nice places are and my area has fallen to lower middle class in recent years and most local bars wont allow you in with a jersey on unless its for a game.

Fair enough. Yeah i draw the line there. I won't be rocking my jerseys to any nice restaurants or anything.

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Fair enough. Yeah i draw the line there. I won't be rocking my jerseys to any nice restaurants or anything.

hah i hope not. around my way jerseys were the rage from like 12-15 years old then the trend died. i still have tons of jerseys that i bought over the years but most are way to big like i though i was a G back in the day hahaha

IgglesFanInCO
02-18-2014, 06:10 PM
hah i hope not. around my way jerseys were the rage from like 12-15 years old then the trend died. i still have tons of jerseys that i bought over the years but most are way to big like i though i was a G back in the day hahaha

ya i think its more of a regional thing

my town pretty much only consists of hippies and rednecks so not much jersey goers here, but theres definitely not much of a town-wide clothing expectation outside of having pants on

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 06:19 PM
for the record i would consider buying a Sixers short sleeve jersey if/when they are made available.

Bruno
02-18-2014, 06:30 PM
LOVE them for fans to buy and wear.

don't like them for players. players should be wearing real jerseys.

Goose17
02-18-2014, 06:35 PM

No offense but it sounds like you live in a very snobbish and middle class area. Only nice bars? Nobody wearing sports gear?

Not that it's a bad thing by any means, just that it's best not to judge everyone in the world by the standards of the very small area you live in.

I know people who wear soccer, NFL and hockey jerseys when they're out at a friends, heading to the store, going to the mall, going to the gym (just throwing something on and getting changed into their proper gear when they get there), lazing around the house, going to BBQs etc

Most bars near me wouldn't allow you in there with them, but most people wouldn't wear them there anyway. I also know guys that work with medical waste and on factory floors etc that wear those sort of things because they don't want to ruin any decent clothes they have.

I've never been into fashion though, I follow one rule, do I like it and is it comfy? If answer to both is yes. I wear it. **** what people think of you, I don't wear clothes for the approval of others.

Personally I don't wear basketball jerseys now, although I do own a few. But I do wear a lot of basketball t-shirts, to work or wherever. And I would be tempted by a sleeved jersey.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 08:20 PM
No offense but it sounds like you live in a very snobbish and middle class area. Only nice bars? Nobody wearing sports gear?

Not that it's a bad thing by any means, just that it's best not to judge everyone in the world by the standards of the very small area you live in.

I know people who wear soccer, NFL and hockey jerseys when they're out at a friends, heading to the store, going to the mall, going to the gym (just throwing something on and getting changed into their proper gear when they get there), lazing around the house, going to BBQs etc

Most bars near me wouldn't allow you in there with them, but most people wouldn't wear them there anyway. I also know guys that work with medical waste and on factory floors etc that wear those sort of things because they don't want to ruin any decent clothes they have.

I've never been into fashion though, I follow one rule, do I like it and is it comfy? If answer to both is yes. I wear it. **** what people think of you, I don't wear clothes for the approval of others.

Personally I don't wear basketball jerseys now, although I do own a few. But I do wear a lot of basketball t-shirts, to work or wherever. And I would be tempted by a sleeved jersey.

The white sleeved Warriors jerseys are solid

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 11:18 PM

my area of the city is anything but snobbish its turning into a piece of **** by the year. i think you just misunderstood my other post. really you wont find many people around philly just walking around in a jersey any more. i rock my US soccer jersey all the time but soccer jerseys are more like shirts and are actually nice

kozelkid
02-18-2014, 11:48 PM

Nike has been the official sponsor of the NFL (since the beginning of 2012 season iirc...).

Also, this is an old article, but ya short-sleeve jerseys blow. NBA jerserys are great when you are just chilling at the beach or anywhere during warm weather. It's a shame that this will soon be history, but I can't blame the NBA from a marketing standpoint.

Sadds The Gr8
02-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Nike has been the official sponsor of the NFL (since the beginning of 2012 season iirc...).

Also, this is an old article, but ya short-sleeve jerseys blow. NBA jerserys are great when you are just chilling at the beach or anywhere during warm weather. It's a shame that this will soon be history, but I can't blame the NBA from a marketing standpoint.
In Canada they were harder to find in stores that's why it was a big deal to me

kozelkid
02-19-2014, 01:42 AM
In Canada they were harder to find in stores that's why it was a big deal to me

Aah, I see.

Game_Over
02-19-2014, 02:02 AM
havent tried one. Raptors don't have sleeved jerseys. I like the new Nike NFL Jerseys I have a Luck one and it's really comfortable, only problem is they're expensive as hell. The older reebok NFL jerseys are pretty damn uncomfortable (Have a Demarcus Ware one) so I hardly wear it.

I know this guy named Craig and he had a List of NFL jerseys, NBA, NHL I got mine from him for $40-60..

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 03:31 AM
When/if yall play basketball at the gym or park, do you wear sleeved or sleeveless clothes?

PurpleLynch
02-19-2014, 06:12 AM
When/if yall play basketball at the gym or park, do you wear sleeved or sleeveless clothes?

I wear both,it depends on the weather for me.In summer always sleeveless,but for the rest of the year I usually switch,or put the sleeveless cloth on a t-shirt to be more warm.

2-ONE-5
02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
i always work out and play ball in a t shirt. i dont like wearing sleeveless or a tank unless im going to the beach or something like that

D-Leethal
02-19-2014, 11:35 AM
Where I'm from you will see a ton of football jerseys if your at a sports bar watching the game. Same goes for any sport - depending on the bar and the sport/game theres usually a slew of guys rocking jerseys, my self included. I also go to a ton of Knicks games so I find I am getting good use out of my jerseys. In the summer time I love wearing them around too - great to wear to the beach/on a boat/in your summer gear.

D-Leethal
02-19-2014, 11:35 AM
I hated the sleeve jerseys at first, but they have grown on me. I would hate to play in them though.

mjt20mik
02-19-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't understand why they don't make the sleeves a little less form fitting. If it was a little looser, then it wouldn't affect shooting as much as it does now.

2-ONE-5
02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
i really dont think they affect shooting at all. I watched Clippers pound my Sixers by nearly 50 while wearing sleeves

D-Leethal
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't understand why they don't make the sleeves a little less form fitting. If it was a little looser, then it wouldn't affect shooting as much as it does now.

I think being looser would effect it more. Nothing worse than a loose Tee that starts to stick to your arms and effect your shot once you start to sweat. I think the tight shoulders prevent that since they are always pretty much "stuck" and it doesn't just "stick" when you motion to shoot like it does when its loose.

mjt20mik
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
I think being looser would effect it more. Nothing worse than a loose Tee that starts to stick to your arms and effect your shot once you start to sweat. I think the tight shoulders prevent that since they are always pretty much "stuck" and it doesn't just "stick" when you motion to shoot like it does when its loose.

I've played with both loose sleeve and tight sleeve tshirts, and I found that the amount the sleeves pinch with tighter sleeves are ridiculous. With the amount of advances in dri-fit and what not, I doubt sweat on the sleeves would be that much of an issue.

Goose17
02-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Personally I wear a t-shirt.

I know people that wear jerseys/vests though.

blahblahyoutoo
02-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Lame A**ed jerseys. Every team sport wears a jersey with sleeves except for b-ball now they will as well. My biggest beef are the adds that will be placed on them. Swapping uniqueness for greed. You can say all you want about business moves and all that b.s but what it comes down to is greed. Adam Silvermans last name pretty much tells you that it's all about money and that's it.

racist.
errr... or whatever jews consider themselves, if not a race.

blahblahyoutoo
02-19-2014, 04:23 PM

we're not all ballers like you, money bags.

NoahH
02-19-2014, 04:24 PM

ALWAYS wear sleeveless, i feel like t-shirt constrict my release. Usually a practice jersey because why would I wear a $100 NBA jersey to play bball in

Sadds The Gr8
02-19-2014, 04:29 PM

it never mattered to me. If it was a super hot day i'd wear sleeveless only because of the weather though...not because of it restricting my shooting/dribbling

NoahH
02-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Personally I wear a t-shirt.

I know people that wear jerseys/vests though.

Who plays basketball in vests?

EDIT: Oh you mean a tank-top. I had to google it lol in the UK a vest = a tank top.