PDA

View Full Version : The All-Star game was one of the best in years

LordFappington
02-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Great display of athleticism and a bit of pageantry. The game doesn't get the love it deserves.

http://www.talkinballs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/199-save-the-best-for-last#.UwLWAfldXC4

cardinals1226
02-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Yup bc watching a basketball game that had 300+ points scored was so fun to watch. It's just another crap All-Star game. There was nothing entertaining about it. No defense basketball.

LordFappington
02-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Yup bc watching a basketball game that had 300+ points scored was so fun to watch. It's just another crap All-Star game. There was nothing entertaining about it. No defense basketball.

As the game drew to a close, the defense started to pick up significantly. Near the end, they were both trying to win. So you can't say there was no defense at all.

douglas
02-18-2014, 01:06 AM
My favorite part of the All-Star Game was when the players made the slam dunk shots.

ThaDubs
02-18-2014, 01:12 AM
My favorite part of the All-Star Game was when the players made the slam dunk shots.

My favorite part was the basketball.

c.c.
02-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Zero blocks was surprising, I was expecting Lebron to get a chase down block or a rim protector like Anthony Davis to get an amazing block

RomoDoesDallas
02-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Not entertaining?? Seriously

RomoDoesDallas
02-18-2014, 01:23 AM
At the end of the 3rd quarter Vogel turned Wall loose. They started picking up Paul as soon as he crossed half court. This got them back in the game. The West was soft, no killers. If Kobe plays different story. That comeback wouldnt have happened on his watch. Keep going for the record Griffin and Durant. You got beat

FlashBolt
02-18-2014, 01:46 AM
It was wack. I normally find myself finding the remote and turning that crap on after work but I had no intent on doing that for some reason.

slashsnake
02-18-2014, 02:13 AM
Entertaining and clearly the best of the worst (better than NHL, MLB and NFL ones).

Obviously no defense, nothing even close, but it was fun. Which is its point.

seikou8
02-18-2014, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0sK65PyVI

Duncan = Donkey
02-18-2014, 02:32 AM
Every year I watch the start of the game, about 5 mins in I just turn it off. Its just boring.

Would everyone agree that you would rather watch the 2 worse teams in the league play each other than watch the All Star Game.

MTar786
02-18-2014, 02:36 AM
this all star in general was horrible

P&GRealist
02-18-2014, 02:48 AM
It was probably the worst played all star game in history.

P&GRealist
02-18-2014, 02:49 AM
Entertaining and clearly the best of the worst (better than NHL, MLB and NFL ones).

Obviously no defense, nothing even close, but it was fun. Which is its point.

It was a slap in the face of the basketball gods

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2014, 03:02 AM
I wasn't very impressed. We know these guys are good, and that is why they make dozens of wide open shots (as they should) but there was barely any defense and it got boring fast. My favorite All-Star game was in 2003 in which MJ played his final AS game, and the game had good defense despite the 2nd quarter being more "pickup" or "playground" quality basketball. It was on ESPN classic one day and I still enjoy my VHS recording of it every few months or so.

When MJ missed that shot over Marion in the 4th quarter, the crowd collectively sighed but when he nailed the second one in overtime, the place erupted. Of course, then Kobe got fouled stupidly by Jermaine O'Neal on a desperate 3 point attempt in the final seconds, which led to another tie and a 2nd overtime in which the East ran out of steam as MJ called it a night. There were great performances by T-Mac (who was shooting the lights out), Garnett (37 points), Dirk and Iverson, including a cool block-steal or block-block exchange between Kobe and MJ (can't quite remember).

There was also a funny moment when Jason Kidd needed three attempts (and two offensive rebounds) to make a corner 3, as well as seeing Shaq & Yao doing their thing. Here are some highlights of the game, as I couldn't find a decent version of the full game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsu5L1f3epw

slashsnake
02-18-2014, 03:02 AM

vs. what? The first all star game the winning team scored 111 points when the season average was 80. So since 1950 that has been how it has gone. I hope after 60+ years of it you weren't going expecting to see actual defense?

RomoDoesDallas
02-18-2014, 04:34 AM
Well for the ones that clicked over to something else after five minutes, like the article said missed out on a game that featured everything. When Carmello Anthony is actually hustling and banging bodies it is well worth watching IMO. He made Griffin his you know what the final 5 minutes. For the ones saying there wasnt any defense- maybe thats why Vogel took Wall out- he was messing up the flow with his constant pressure. Paul George was in Chris Pauls face and there was no more lobs or dribbling shows. And finally Lebron was Lebron .

RomoDoesDallas
02-18-2014, 04:38 AM

I resectfully disagree. Lebron was having a blast so it was definitely not a slap in his face.

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2014, 06:50 AM
I resectfully disagree. Lebron was having a blast so it was definitely not a slap in his face.Demigod, maybe. :rolleyes: