PDA

View Full Version : Official Trade Deadline Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KniCks4LiFe
02-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Knicks eye Hawks' Teague in trade
Atlanta Hawks point guard Jeff Teague has emerged as an appealing trade target for the New York Knicks, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

@WojYahooNBA
Los Angeles, Brooklyn have discussed Jordan Hill deal into the Nets' Disabled Player Exception, league sources tell Yahoo.

and the NY teams begin this deadline engaging in talks w/ respective teams. Must be nice to have a $5M TPE to use in emergencies :mad:

Dade County
02-17-2014, 06:28 PM
I would like to see player movement to competitive teams...

Love
Monroe
Pau gasol
Kyle Lowry

Cracka2HI!
02-17-2014, 06:31 PM
I would like to see player movement to competitive teams...

Love
Monroe
Pau gasol
Kyle Lowry

I think Toronto should be buyers. Aren't they 3rd in the East?

Cracka2HI!
02-17-2014, 06:34 PM
I hope the Clippers can trade for a Big. I'd love to see them be able to move Dudley's contract in the process. I'd like to see them get Spencer Hawes or Carl Landry.

TheMightyHumph
02-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Nets trying to acquire Jarrett Jack for Jason Terry

Dade County
02-17-2014, 06:38 PM
I think Toronto should be buyers. Aren't they 3rd in the East?

Yeah, but their Gm isn't stupid... If you can't get a player to push you towards the ECF then you will be just stuck in that middle ground.

edit.. I mean isn't stupid...my bad

mjt20mik
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah, but their Gm is stupid... If you can't get a player to push you towards the ECF then you will be just stuck in that middle ground.

Exec of the year is stupid? I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.

Goose17
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
If the Warriors can get another guy who scores in the post (a la Landry or similar) I would be very grateful.

Another guard wouldn't go a miss either. Looking at you Hinrich.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Exec of the year is stupid? I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.

My bad, I met to type isn't.

KniCks4LiFe
02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
I think my Knicks are desperate for any upgrade over Feltdown. I just don't get this attempt for Teague when he's at best average and oh yeh has $24M left on his deal. He does penetrate and create scoring oppurtunities and has closing speed, but man this is a deal that just would....

The Nets using the TPE is such a luck move. They clearly want Hill for his rebounding and defensive ability.

2-ONE-5
02-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Turner and Hawes will be on the move. My guess Turner to the Cats for Gordon and the Blazers pick and Hawes to i could care less i just want that bum outta here

RipCity32
02-17-2014, 06:54 PM
If the Nets can get Hill for that cheap then that's a steal.

bholly
02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
and the NY teams begin this deadline engaging in talks w/ respective teams. Must be nice to have a $5M TPE to use in emergencies :mad:

It's a disabled player exception, not a TPE, and I'm pretty sure they're rather have Lopez.

shep33
02-17-2014, 07:11 PM
If the Nets can get Hill for that cheap then that's a steal.

The problem with the Nets is that they're in cap hell and any trade they make for their disabled player qualification is a huge hit on the luxury tax

TheMightyHumph
02-17-2014, 07:12 PM
The problem with the Nets is that they're in cap hell and any trade they make for their disabled player qualification is a huge hit on the luxury tax

Proky doesn't care

KniCks4LiFe
02-17-2014, 07:13 PM

Their GM is the russian George Steinbrenner, he doesn't care.

mjt20mik
02-17-2014, 07:14 PM
My bad, I met to type isn't.

lmao no worries.. both sentences kinda contradicted themselves.. which is why i was confused by the 'is stupid' statement

shep33
02-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Their GM is the russian George Steinbrenner, he doesn't care.

True lol, but I think Woj said the bill for Hill would be around 17 mill

KniCks4LiFe
02-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Prohkov prolly wipes his *** w/ that

mgsports
02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Haslam and Frye to Orlando,Davis and Harkness to Suns and Miami gets Money. Orlando gets Haslam starting PF with Harris and Frye off the Bench.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Boozer and Okfor to Miami with Haslam and Frye to Orlando,Davis and Harkness to Suns and Douglas,Mason and Draft Picks to Bulls? Miami gets 2 PF,Orlando gets Haslam starting PF with Harris and Frye off the Bench and Bulls get rid of Boozer's contract and get some SG/SF help.

Dumbest thing I've read...

bucketss
02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah, but their Gm isn't stupid... If you can't get a player to push you towards the ECF then you will be just stuck in that middle ground.

edit.. I mean isn't stupid...my bad

he isn't being traded, its too late now no looking backwards.

Legende81
02-17-2014, 08:13 PM
I still hope, that dallas can make a deal for a center. Asik, varejao or chandler...marion, Dalembert, wright , larkin and ellington are players which dallas can give to other teams...

mgsports
02-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Rivers could be by Thursday so http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Rivers goes to play fir his father,Dudley,Gordon,Jason Smith to Bulls +1wins and Boozer,Dunleavy and Hinrich to Pelicans but Bulls still would be one short.

Also Rondo will only be traded if resigns with team because rejected the Kings offer.

TheMightyHumph
02-17-2014, 11:52 PM
I still hope, that dallas can make a deal for a center. Asik, varejao or chandler...marion, Dalembert, wright , larkin and ellington are players which dallas can give to other teams...

Are you suggesting that Rockets, Cavs or Knicks would give up functioning Centers for that Dallas garbage?

My apologies to Marion. He still is a SERIOUS player. But he's just to old at this point for a team to give up anything valuable for him.

Asik's better
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Rockets need a player who can defend the perimeter. Don't see Lin or asik going anywhere. Brooks, Garcia, Dmo and maybe casspi will be the ones up for trade.

sunsfan88
02-18-2014, 12:33 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers have had discussions with the Brooklyn Nets about a deal that would trade Jordan Hill, according to sources.

The Nets have a $5.25 million disabled player exception available in a trade or free-agent transaction until March 10.

Acquiring Hill's contract would be worth nearly $17 million for the Nets after luxury taxes.

Hill is slated to be a free agent in the offseason and is doubtful to re-sign with the Lakers if Mike D'Antoni is still head coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--lakers--nets-talk-trade-involving-jordan-hill-224538824-nba.html

Some Laker fans lied to me...they told me that the Lakers will never make a trade for the sole purpose of saving money on this page:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?853272-Suns-looking-to-trade-for-Pau-Gasol&p=27915478#post27915478

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Rockets need a player who can defend the perimeter. Don't see Lin or asik going anywhere. Brooks, Garcia, Dmo and maybe casspi will be the ones up for trade.

I think they want the space for the 3rd allstar better. I wouldn't deal Lin if I were them, but I think he's gone by Thursday. For his own good and their longterm.

Asik's better
02-18-2014, 01:06 AM
I think they want the space for the 3rd allstar better. I wouldn't deal Lin if I were them, but I think he's gone by Thursday. For his own good and their longterm.

Lin's not going anywhere. Nothing outside of bosh would interest the rockets this off season and no chance he signs with rockets. Besides, perimeter defense is the rockets biggest need. Getting that with the current starting line up and Lin + asik off the bench is a great team

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 01:08 AM
My prediction is that the Warriors get Basd/Landry and Hinrick/Gary Neal

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 01:14 AM
The Raptors and Kings are reportedly interested in Rajon Rondo.
According to Yahoo! Sports, the Kings and Celtics discussed a deal involving Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and a pick for Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento and the Kings strongly value McLemore. As for the Raptors, they are believed to be working a three-way trade with the Knicks involving Kyle Lowry. The price of Rondo is believed to be two unprotected first-round picks, which seems pretty steep in the buyer's market before the deadline.

The New York Knicks are attempting to resume trade talks with the Toronto Raptors on Kyle Lowry, according to sources.

The Knicks are offering packages including Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Beno Udrih, sources say.

New York is reluctant to include Tim Hardaway Jr. or a future first round pick. The Raptors almost certainly will require one of those two assets to trade Lowry directly to the Knicks.

"It comes down to, can they talk themselves into getting rid of a first-rounder or Hardaway Jr. for Lowry," one league source said.

League sources say a three-team deal has also been discussed in which Jeff Teague would end up with the Raptors, while Shumpert gets routed to the Atlanta Hawks and Lowry to the Knicks. Another trade scenario has the Knicks acquiring Teague. Those conversations have only been preliminary.

(source) (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/53998/sources-knicks-still-pursuing-lowry?src=mobile)

mgsports
02-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Maybe Lowry to Celtics,with Rondo going to Knicks and Celtics taking one of Knicks big contracts like Amare back.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Maybe Lowry to Celtics,with Rondo going to Knicks and Celtics taking one of Knicks big contracts like Amare back.

LMAOS :laugh:

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Rumor is warriors are interested in taj gibson.

sunsfan88
02-18-2014, 02:30 AM
The New Orleans Pelicans could trade Austin Rivers before the trade deadline, according to a source.

Rivers could be involved in a deal with the rights of Pierre Jackson.

Rivers was the 10th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft and is averaging 5.9 points this season.
Clippers should trade for him. He can learn from behind Crawford, CP3 and Reddick and then can eventually replace Crawford in the future.

Duncan = Donkey
02-18-2014, 02:34 AM
Clippers should trade for him. He can learn from behind Crawford, CP3 and Reddick and then can eventually replace Crawford in the future.

No mention of Austin's Dad being the Clips Coach, lol.

mgsports
02-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Because Deadline is on the 20 will the number be below or above on number of Trades and should time be moved back to midnight?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Bucks Gary Neal and Butler to Bobcats fell apart. Most likely for Ben Gordon. Wizards and Kings have interest in Ridnour. Warriors have interested in Gary Neal as well. Rockets still interested in Ersan. Some mild interest of Udoh from Pelicans.

goingfor28
02-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Because Deadline is on the 20 will the number be below or above on number of Trades and should time be moved back to midnight?

Everything I've read days this year's deadline will be much larger than normal. Yankees unloading assets and contenders looking to add guys

bholly
02-18-2014, 11:19 AM

This is how ridiculous your trades have gotten. You have Toronto trading Lowry (who they don't want to trade) for literally nothing. It's ridiculous. It's like you don't even finish explaining the trade to yourself, let along checking whether it works in terms of cap rules and what teams would want.

Clippersfan86
02-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Lmao at dumb *** Ainge thinking he's going to trade rape. Berger and Woj reporting that the Clippers are working hard to get a backup big by the deadline. Finally!

Vinylman
02-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Lmao at dumb *** Ainge thinking he's going to trade rape. Berger and Woj reporting that the Clippers are working hard to get a backup big by the deadline. Finally!

Kaman or hill ... take your pick

RaiderKid318
02-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I just hope eric gordon stays healthy and plays well enough to net the pels a decent trade this time next year or this offseason. I honestly wouldn't mind having evans be our starting SG.

Walt
02-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Not that it'll happen, but I would love to acquire Larry Sanders somehow. If not him then Spencer Hawes.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 12:49 PM
It's interesting to me how SAC is chasing Jarret Jack now.

I keep wondering if they are after him so that they can then finish the Rondo trade. They'll try and sell Rondo on SAC w/ Gay and Cousins, another words like NJ did w/ Deron.

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Jacks being shopped hard. I think he ends up in mia

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Na they want a true pg to mentor i.t..robdo wont sign an extension with them trade aint happening

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Allot easier to sell bk than sac

NYKnickFanatic
02-18-2014, 12:53 PM

What happened to Mullens, the signing you praised so much about in the off season?

Green_Monster
02-18-2014, 01:08 PM

Sacramento offered Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks for Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/2/17/5421106/nba-trade-rumors-rajon-rondo-ben-mclemore-isaiah-thomas

bholly
02-18-2014, 01:14 PM
^If the Kings want to offer two picks, they're going to have to get two picks first.

Green_Monster
02-18-2014, 01:22 PM
^If the Kings want to offer two picks, they're going to have to get two picks first.

The point is that it would be a great deal for the Celtics. So, him calling Ainge a dumb*** for trying to win a trade is dumb.

xabial
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
What happened to Mullens, the signing you praised so much about in the off season?

I'm a Non-clippers fan and they play out of my market. But every time I watch them play on national Television, I see this dude jack up way to many 3's, jumpers, and he sucks at rebounding, defense and everything else. He's arguably the softest 7 footer in the NBA.

He's a Poor man's Bargnani (and that's not a compliment)

bholly
02-18-2014, 01:50 PM
The point is that it would be a great deal for the Celtics. So, him calling Ainge a dumb*** for trying to rape other teams is dumb.

I don't want to be that guy, and I usually just let it slide, but I've been seeing it more and more again the last few days and I'm in the mood for this to be the time I mention it (even though it's nothing particularly about your use of it any more than anyone else's) - using 'rape' as your go-to term for a situation where one person wins and the others loses, or a situation where it's good to be the person inflicting the damage, is extraordinarily uncool - not to mention extremely offensive to anyone who might be reading this and has ever had to deal with that.

Green_Monster
02-18-2014, 01:53 PM
I don't want to be that guy, and I usually just let it slide, but I've been seeing it more and more again the last few days and I'm in the mood for this to be the time I mention it (even though it's nothing particularly about your use of it any more than anyone else's) - using 'rape' as your go-to term for a situation where one person wins and the others loses, or a situation where it's good to be the person inflicting the damage, is extraordinarily uncool - not to mention extremely offensive to anyone who might be reading this and has ever had to deal with that.

I 100% agree. I just used it because that was the word that he used. I edited it out.

BallIsAll
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Raptors seem to be after faried. What do you guys think they have to offer any reasonable ideas? Maybe Ross and Vasquez for miller and faried?

colinskik
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM

I'm sure people on this board will start crying that "America's so soft nowadays" nonsense in response to this comment, but I agree.

If you can't come up with a more eloquent way to describe a lopsided trade, then it's best you keep your mouth shut.

Wade n Fade
02-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Raptors seem to be after faried. What do you guys think they have to offer any reasonable ideas? Maybe Ross and Vasquez for miller and faried?

I don't think that's a good move. Ross is a good SG off the bench and shows some flashes of talent. I think the Raptors have a decent group of bigs: JV, Patrick Patterson, and Amir Johnson.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 02:11 PM

why?

BallIsAll
02-18-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't think that's a good move. Ross is a good SG off the bench and shows some flashes of talent. I think the Raptors have a decent group of bigs: JV, Patrick Patterson, and Amir Johnson.

Not sure but Masai drafted faried and he's high on him. And the raptors have derozan so sooner or later they will have to choose between the 2 shooting guards. Andre miller would also be a veteran on a young team.

why?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/02/raptors-interest-kenneth.html

Maybe they want a young pf

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 02:19 PM
I got 4 teams to pay close attention to in this deadline, b/c their moves would trigger a domino effect.

SAC, BRK, CHA and NYK

If Sac gets jack. They will trade for Rondo [that's what I'm assuming]

If BRK gets Jack, this may trigger trading Casper Williams [who recently got into it w/ Kidd], also if BRK trades for Jordan Hill, they can deal off Blatche to somebody.

CHA is after Gasol from what's being said. They get him, I think teams in East will respond.

NYK, I guess Tyson is our big chip.

bholly
02-18-2014, 02:19 PM
I 100% agree. I just used it because that was the word that he used. I edited it out.

Thanks boss. Glad it sounds like we're all on the same page.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 02:24 PM
The Cavs have discussed acquiring Jason Terry from the Nets and Jason Thompson or Marcus Thornton from the Kings.

Jason Thompson? Thornton makes no sense.

The Cavs previously discussed acquiring Chris Kaman from the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources said, but those talks have stalled.
(source) (http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/cavs-showing-interest-in-d-league-guard-pierre-jackson-among-others-1.467405)

I'd make Derrick Williams available if I were SAC.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 02:31 PM
what kind of tandem would CHA have if they pair up Gasol w/ Jefferson and Kemba?

Wade n Fade
02-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Jacks being shopped hard. I think he ends up in mia

Question. How do you expect that to happen if Miami's contracts will not lineup with Jack's contract?

shep33
02-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Kaman would be awesome on a contender. Miami, OKC, etc.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 02:48 PM

he's been busting his *** for suitors this February too. From averaging 10/5/1 he went to 18/8/3, someone wants out. :laugh2:

Wade n Fade
02-18-2014, 02:48 PM

I see Captain Caveman Kaman going to Miami on the buyout market. Outside of that, no chance via trade because LAL will not take a trade with Toney Douglas and Roger Mason as the returning pieces. I wonder if we still have our trade exception from the Grizzlies trade for Pittman? If we do, then a deal can work for Captain Caveman. He would be awesome down here. He's a bad ***** at times too. Hunting Bobcats can be a regular hobby. He also has a good relationship with Dan Le Batard and Stugotz, so awesome interviews await...

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Question. How do you expect that to happen if Miami's contracts will not lineup with Jack's contract?

Ever heard of a 3 team trade. And pat riley?

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Rockets are rumored to be going after Mike Dunleavy. McHale wants him bad.

goingfor28
02-18-2014, 03:20 PM

and it sounds like bulls have zero interest in moving dunleavy

Wade n Fade
02-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Ever heard of a 3 team trade. And pat riley?

Eh, no rumors linked to that. I am looking realistically because nobody foresaw the Toney Douglas to Miami 3 way deal.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Spurs G Tony Parker out for "foreseeable future" with variety of injuries, coach Gregg Popovich says

woah... San Antonio

Muttman73
02-18-2014, 03:50 PM

If he wants him bad enough he'll have to pay for him, Bulls have no reason to give him away, but for the right price ...

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 03:51 PM
According to executives who've engaged in conversations with Houston about Asik, Morey is still setting the price high for the Turkish 7-footer, who was lured away from the Bulls as a restricted free agent in 2012. The structure of the offer sheet Asik signed, which calls for him to be paid $15 million next season, has been problematic. Though his cap hit would be only $8.4 million in 2014-15, any team acquiring Asik before Thursday's deadline would face an expenditure of $17 million for him to play a little more than 100 games -- a tough sell for any owner under the restrictive CBA.

Due to that expense, teams like the Raptors and Nets have no interest in acquiring Asik, sources say. The Hawks like him, but not at the Rockets' current asking price. The problem in assembling a deal with the Sixers is the same problem the teams experienced in December, only worse because more of Asik's total compensation over the next two years is in the rear-view mirror.

The Rockets want a first-round pick for Asik, sources say. The Sixers have New Orleans' 2014 pick (1-5 protected), but are looking to use their cap space to acquire first-round picks -- not divest them. Philadelphia's floor-spacing Spencer Hawes interests the Rockets, but the Sixers have been asking teams for a first-round pick in return.

I got opinions on that cap hit. But I'll keep it to myself.

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Eh, no rumors linked to that. I am looking realistically because nobody foresaw the Toney Douglas to Miami 3 way deal.

I think there need for a pg and jacks availability its a good match in theory.

TheMightyHumph
02-18-2014, 04:00 PM
I got opinions on that cap hit. But I'll keep it to myself.

C'mon, tell us your opinions.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 04:06 PM
C'mon, tell us your opinions.

Well for TOR

1. If you're TOR you're not going anywhere near it

For Philly

2. If you're Philly, your GM has to spend $17M altogether for a player who's on a team that is tanking

As for The Nets.

1. You're already rumored to be trying to use the DPE for Jordan Hill which would be a $17M tax hit
2. Asik would equal that $17M and next season actually has an extra yr. which you would not in Hill

So it doesn't make sense for Philly or TOR, but the Nets or Knicks are pretty much the only ones it'd make sense for.

Morey is a trip tho. How are you offering Asik and not putting w/ it. You know you don't want to stay w/ that contract. You're not fooling anyone.

TheMightyHumph
02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Well for TOR

1. If you're TOR you're not going anywhere near it

For Philly

2. If you're Philly, your GM has to spend $17M altogether for a player who's on a team that is tanking

As for The Nets.

1. You're already rumored to be trying to use the DPE for Jordan Hill which would be a $17M tax hit
2. Asik would equal that $17M and next season actually has an extra yr. which you would not in Hill

So it doesn't make sense for Philly or TOR, but the Nets or Knicks are pretty much the only ones it'd make sense for.

Morey is a trip tho. How are you offering Asik and not putting w/ it. You know you don't want to stay w/ that contract. You're not fooling anyone.

I thought your opinions were on the cap hit.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Altho I just sat down and thought about something. If the Rockets get a pick for Asik, they'd have 2 1st rd. picks to deal and we know who they'd go after.

Could be a setting up the mother of all 3 way or 4 way deals in the next few days.

I thought your opinions were on the cap hit.

I did. For each team.

Ezio
02-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 58s
Sacramento and Brooklyn discussing a deal centered on Marcus Thornton for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

j-bay
02-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Wizards are looking at Pierre Jackson and Austin Rivers. For Pierre Jackson I would make the deal.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 58s
Sacramento and Brooklyn discussing a deal centered on Marcus Thornton for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

WTH is Billy King doing?

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 04:32 PM
C&S 3P% 32.3%

com'on now...Billy King needs to be fired LOLS.

Metsboi69
02-18-2014, 04:39 PM
C&S 3P% 32.3%

com'on now...Billy King needs to be fired LOLS.

What's his contract like? Because if it isn't bad WTH not? Reggie Evans and Jason Terry are BEYOND worthless at least Thornton has shown flashes.

Monta is beast
02-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Is terry a fa this offseason

TheMightyHumph
02-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Altho I just sat down and thought about something. If the Rockets get a pick for Asik, they'd have 2 1st rd. picks to deal and we know who they'd go after.

Could be a setting up the mother of all 3 way or 4 way deals in the next few days.

I did. For each team.

So you realize that Asik's salary, before any luxury tax, counts as $8.33 mil towards any teams' capspace?

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 04:46 PM
What's his contract like? Because if it isn't bad WTH not? Reggie Evans and Jason Terry are BEYOND worthless at least Thornton has shown flashes.

For you guys? on the hook for nearly 17M till 2015.

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2014, 04:47 PM
So you realize that Asik's salary, before any luxury tax, counts as $8.33 mil towards any teams' capspace?

Yes. And an additional $8M for the player.

mgsports
02-18-2014, 06:26 PM
My bad Raptors would get Shumpert,Bradley and so on. theirs going to be a lot of Trades on Thursday it looks like if we don't get any today or tomorrow.
The Lakers and Mavs are after Love.

sunsfan88
02-18-2014, 07:35 PM
The New York Knicks are interested in trading for Jeremy Lin.

The Knicks let Lin sign with the Houston Rockets in the 2012 offseason.

New York has been searching for trade possibilities at point guard.

Lin's contract expires after the 14-15 season, which preserves their cap flexibility for 2015.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/b-s-report-chad-ford-and-zach-lowe/

:laugh:

WARRIORS@GR
02-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Isaiah Thomas available.

Stunner
02-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Redd said he's hearing rumors of Greg Smith , Knicks 2nd and Brewer for Dunleavy , Bulls want a 1st . No link just rumblings he heard . Redd always shows up on here around trade time and kind of reliable . Take it for what it's worth .

Stunner
02-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Real GM also said the the Knicks are looking at getting Lin back .

Aust
02-18-2014, 08:17 PM
I've heard some rumors involving Kaman, Jordan Hill, Steve Blake and of course Gasol. I hope at least one of those guys gets traded.

Apparently the Lakers and Mavs are trying to put together offers for Kevin Love. Good luck w/that.

Aust
02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
:laugh:

That is ****ing HILARIOUS

Aust
02-18-2014, 08:18 PM
dp

mgsports
02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Pistons should be after Thomas just to continue the Family tradition. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Thornton and Thompson would be in it to with Pistons sending back Stuckley and Charlie V.

Blink
02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Pistons should be after Thomas just to continue the Family tradition. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Thornton and Thompson would be in it to with Pistons sending back Stuckley and Charlie V.

No. Couldnt see the trade but thats all of our expiring money this year

bholly
02-18-2014, 08:49 PM

When you finish a trade you need to click 'save trade' and then copy/paste the specific url it gives you. Just copying the general trade machine url out of your url bar just sends people to the trade machine, not your trade.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Real GM also said the the Knicks are looking at getting Lin back .

Lets you know how absolutely terrible Felton is. Choosing between Lin and Felton is like picking the prettiest chick in a ugly girl contest!

mgsports
02-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Sorry will and did say Trade works. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l4was85 Rondo on the Knicks makes then worser with Shumpert,Beno and Smith gone but Celtics are better +8wins with Lowry,Beno,Novak. Also no way Lakers get Love without Minnesota getting back another Star.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=la9wocx Bucks get better with Leonard,Green,Ayers and Spurs get Neal back who can fill in for Parker and a PF.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/02/thornton-evans-terry.html Might have first Trade.

Dunleavy will stay a Bull past deadline but could change.

Deadpool
02-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Norris Cole Receiving Significant Inquiries As Heat Refuse To Deal Him

As a rising talent on a rookie-scale contract, Heat point guard Norris Cole is drawing a bevy of interested teams pursuing Miami management about a potential package to acquire him, league sources told ******.

For every call, the Heat have offered stiff rejections, sources said, and value Cole as one of their best young assets. Pat Riley traded for Cole in the 2011 NBA Draft and the 6-foot-2 guard swiftly emerged as a contributing reserve, boasting a consistent midrange jumper, defensive ferocity and a keen ability to run a team.

Cole has one season left on his rookie deal, and most personnel around the NBA view him as a starting-caliber point guard.

Within the Heat’s back-to-back NBA championship last postseason, Cole averaged over six points on 48 percent shooting – including consecutive 18-point games in the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Chicago Bulls.

With averages of 7.6 points and 2.3 assists this season, Cole has started six of 51 games and played a career-high 25.7 minutes per game, providing reliability behind Mario Chalmers.

Cole was a 28th overall draft pick out of Cleveland State.

via Real GM

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Lets you know how absolutely terrible Felton is. Choosing between Lin and Felton is like picking the prettiest chick in a ugly girl contest!

actually it's picking between the ugly chick and Cinderella. Seeing how McFail doesn't play him even tho he out performs Beverley in every aspect.

TheMightyHumph
02-19-2014, 12:07 AM
actually it's picking between the ugly chick and Cinderella. Seeing how McFail doesn't play him even tho he out performs Beverley in every aspect.

Wasn't it 'Melo that wanted Lin gone?

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 12:09 AM
Wasn't it 'Melo that wanted Lin gone?

Yep. That and management is what we heard.

goingfor28
02-19-2014, 12:41 AM

I did. For each team.

maybe im just stupid right now, but who are you talking about?

mgsports
02-19-2014, 12:48 AM
We could have a Trade soon that Kings/Nets one and the Nets still could get Hill.
Teague is on second teams list if they can't get Rondo and Teague is owed to much fur the Knicks who are waiting intill 2015 when they can sign like Love and a Rondo.

Dooley
02-19-2014, 12:49 AM
ATL- Spencer Hawes, Evan Turner
Philly - Andre Baragni, Iman Shumpret(& Maybe NY's 1st) or Just TH JR.
NY- Jeff Teauge, Demarre Carroll

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 12:56 AM
maybe im just stupid right now, but who are you talking about?

what other player in the NBA has a 2 1st rd. picks value?

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2014, 01:11 AM
A few trade idea's.

Toronto/Chicago; Carlos Boozer for Amir Johnson, John Salmons and a 1st.

Charlotte/Philadelphia; Thaddeus Young, Spencer Hawes for Ben Gordon, Bismack Biyombo and a 1st.

New York/Cleveland; Jarrett Jacks for JR Smith.

I think Rondo to Houston for Asik and picks is possible but a 3 team deal where Rondo goes somewhere else is more likely IMO.

bholly
02-19-2014, 01:14 AM
ATL- Spencer Hawes, Evan Turner
Philly - Andre Baragni, Iman Shumpret(& Maybe NY's 1st) or Just TH JR.
NY- Jeff Teauge, Demarre Carroll

NY don't have a first, and it would take at least one (likely more) to get the Sixers to agree to take Bargs.

goingfor28
02-19-2014, 01:18 AM

i seriously have no clue who u are talking about, that is available. i mean obviously several stars are worth that, but in terms of availability i am clueless

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 01:28 AM
i seriously have no clue who u are talking about, that is available. i mean obviously several stars are worth that, but in terms of availability i am clueless

He's in Boston.

TheMightyHumph
02-19-2014, 01:31 AM

There would have to be salaries exchanged also, no?

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 01:32 AM
There would have to be salaries exchanged also, no?

Yes. Unless they get a 3rd team.

goingfor28
02-19-2014, 01:32 AM
He's in Boston.

ah yes. gotcha. kris humphries :)

TheMightyHumph
02-19-2014, 01:41 AM
Yep. That and management is what we heard.

And which Knicks' player do you suppose was influential in that management decision?

TaylorMays
02-19-2014, 01:47 AM
lmao the Rockets aren't going to give up 2 1sts and Lin for a player that is the absolute worst fit in the NBA. We only have 4 players that can score and we'd be getting rid of one plus our only 2 decent chances of getting another for an 11 ppg player. I'd say Love is the big fish we're going after and if he demands a trade those 2 picks and Terrance Jones is at least a start. That's who I thought you were talking about

Htownballa1622
02-19-2014, 02:13 AM
I would barf if we somehow manage to snag Rondo to the Rox. :puke:

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 02:17 AM
If Love becomes available ockets have no shot at getting him. I know the warriors would offer lee, barnes/thompson, and oneal/green. Thats prolly the best package they could get for him.

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Rondo to the rockets would take parson, filler, and a 1st. Not hatin just keepin it real

Htownballa1622
02-19-2014, 02:23 AM
If Love becomes available ockets have no shot at getting him. I know the warriors would offer lee, barnes/thompson, and oneal/green. Thats prolly the best package they could get for him.

Except Wolves might want a younger player than Lee and more picks which the Rox have.

Not saying they're even thinking of trading Love (Because they're not)
but Warriors don't ALWAYS have the best package worthy to get every top player.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Rondo to the rockets would take parson, filler, and a 1st. Not hatin just keepin it real

actually it would take 2 1st rd picks and a player.

Legende81
02-19-2014, 02:44 AM
It is possible, that the mavs get jeff green from celtics for marion and larkin?

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2014, 03:17 AM
I don't think the Rockets would want to take Rondo on for the price it would take. I think Asik is probably the player would want most to match Rondo's salary. I think Houston would like to move him. A 3 or 4 team trade makes sense to me.

No thoughts on Boozer to Toronto, Young to Charlotte or Jack to New York?

Asik's better
02-19-2014, 03:32 AM

Out performs? Watch the last two games and tell me he out performs bevs. Lin is a sixth man. You just need to accept that.

Also if I'm the rockets, I want no part of rondo, a horrible fit. As I've said before, the rockets need a defensive wing.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Out performs? Watch the last two games and tell me he out performs bevs. Lin is a sixth man. You just need to accept that.

Also if I'm the rockets, I want no part of rondo, a horrible fit. As I've said before, the rockets need a defensive wing.

I have, he has. I'm actually watching the games, like the game you didn't watch when you claimed Nate Walters was killing Lin in MIL when it was actually Patrick Beverley who was getting torched by him. There's also statistical evidence proving Lin far superior to Beverley but lets just ignore that. This is a trade speculation thread, lets leave the comparisons to actual stat threads, which I bet you don't frequent.

Well your gm wants it.

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 03:50 AM
@AlexKennedyNBA: Rival executives believe the Lakers and Suns will resume trade talks, with Pau Gasol ultimately being traded to Phoenix.
Uh-oh!

TrueFan420
02-19-2014, 03:56 AM
via Real GM

I have a hard time believing that. To it sounds more like heat are trying to raise his value by getting his name out there.

P&GRealist
02-19-2014, 04:03 AM
Uh-oh!
It will happen, and you WILL give up a first rd pick like I said 2 wks ago.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 04:04 AM
The Kings are discussing a trade of guard Jimmer Fredette with several teams, sources said. - Yahoo Sports

Jimmer to?....

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 04:07 AM
It will happen, and you WILL give up a first rd pick like I said 2 wks ago.

It will be the Indy pick even if we do. LAL isn't touching any other 1st rounders.

I still stand by that we will not trade for Pau Gasol. McD already said that he can't imagine trading for a player who will be UFA so soon.

Asik's better
02-19-2014, 04:22 AM
I have, he has. I'm actually watching the games, like the game you didn't watch when you claimed Nate Walters was killing Lin in MIL when it was actually Patrick Beverley who was getting torched by him. There's also statistical evidence proving Lin far superior to Beverley but lets just ignore that. This is a trade speculation thread, lets leave the comparisons to actual stat threads, which I bet you don't frequent.

Well your gm wants it.

1. Obversely your not watching the games because the last game against Washington everyone could see Lin dosnt deserve to start, especially after that last quater.
2. Stats don't back you up as turnovers are a huge problem for the rockets with Lin nearly having a hundred more the Bevs. Other than that their the same.
3. You started this with your post which took shots at Mchale and Bevs so don't act all surprised someone responded.
4. On the rondo thing, how do you know Morey wants rondo? Have you seen any proof other than hearsay?

jsthornton7
02-19-2014, 05:24 AM
It will be the Indy pick even if we do. LAL isn't touching any other 1st rounders.

I still stand by that we will not trade for Pau Gasol. McD already said that he can't imagine trading for a player who will be UFA so soon.

He never fully denied that though. He said "never say never" and he also said it is inconsistent with our previous moves, but those comments still leave the door open to a move for Pau happening. I'm not saying it's likely by any means, but this deal is only happening if PHX gives up a 1st.

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 05:33 AM
He never fully denied that though. He said "never say never" and he also said it is inconsistent with our previous moves, but those comments still leave the door open to a move for Pau happening. I'm not saying it's likely by any means, but this deal is only happening if PHX gives up a 1st.

I'm curious were you one of the LAL fans telling me that "We are the Lakers, we don't care about the luxury tax, we don't make moves to save money" etc?

If you were, what do you think about LAL trying to trade Hill to BKY for their disabled players exception? That means LAL won't get anything but cap relief.

jsthornton7
02-19-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm curious were you one of the LAL fans telling me that "We are the Lakers, we don't care about the luxury tax, we don't make moves to save money" etc?

If you were, what do you think about LAL trying to trade Hill to BKY for their disabled players exception? That means LAL won't get anything but cap relief.

I think it's very important for the Lakers to get under or close to under the salary cap. That's money we can save for the future. The repeater tax isn't a big deal for us if we are over by 1 or 2 million, but 8m is a big difference.

We don't care about the lux tax if we are competing for a championship, but it's quite obvious we aren't.

P&GRealist
02-19-2014, 06:16 AM

The Lakers could afford the luxury tax pre 2011 lockout. Not the new one that penalizes you now with the repeater tax and an extra 50 cents per dollar with every passing year.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 06:52 AM
1. Obversely your not watching the games because the last game against Washington everyone could see Lin dosnt deserve to start, especially after that last quater.
2. Stats don't back you up as turnovers are a huge problem for the rockets with Lin nearly having a hundred more the Bevs. Other than that their the same.
3. You started this with your post which took shots at Mchale and Bevs so don't act all surprised someone responded.
4. On the rondo thing, how do you know Morey wants rondo? Have you seen any proof other than hearsay?

1. I was talking about the Milwaukee game you brought up in that thread. You didn't think I forgot that did you? the Washington game he came off the bench and played horrible. So that's one game in the last 6.

2. Stats do back it up. Beverley isn't the PG, he plays the off ball, which is why he's always at the corner arc. Lin is a better scorer, better defender, better clutch shooter.

3. They suck. What's left to respond? Patrick Beverley's worth is basically one playoff game when he took out Russell Westbrook. Not one team in the NBA would start him. Not one. Not even mine.

4. They've been calling Boston this week and all freaking fall-winter 2013-14. It's basically been reported by basically every outlet. Do you live in America or not?

Asik's better
02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
1. I was talking about the Milwaukee game you brought up in that thread. You didn't think I forgot that did you? the Washington game he came off the bench and played horrible. So that's one game in the last 6.

2. Stats do back it up. Beverley isn't the PG, he plays the off ball, which is why he's always at the corner arc. Lin is a better scorer, better defender, better clutch shooter.

3. They suck. What's left to respond? Patrick Beverley's worth is basically one playoff game when he took out Russell Westbrook. Not one team in the NBA would start him. Not one. Not even mine.

4. They've been calling Boston this week and all freaking fall-winter 2013-14. It's basically been reported by basically every outlet. Do you live in America or not?

1. I know you were talking about the bucks game, Lin sucked in the fourth quater and I stand by my comment. Also Lin did start against the wizards, but I'll give you a pass because you obviously don't watch Houston games.

2. Again, they don't. Lin is a better scorer and that's it. The rockets don't need Lin's scoring in the starting line-up. They need it off the bench. They need Bevs D, smarts and energy in the starting line-up.

3. See point 2.

4. I live in Australia so I may something's. But a guarantee Morey interest rondo was about the same as with Williams. Then people will get carried away with it.

mgsports
02-19-2014, 09:19 AM
How about making Nets/Kings/Lakers Trade a 3 way with Terry and Fredette going to the Lakers because Terry expiring and Fredette future and maybe Gasol also in deal if Lopez goes to Lakers.

EL_MACHETE
02-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Jimmer to?....

I would love to see Jimmer in Okc to play alongside Durant & Westbrook

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 11:15 AM
1. I know you were talking about the bucks game, Lin sucked in the fourth quater and I stand by my comment. Also Lin did start against the wizards, but I'll give you a pass because you obviously don't watch Houston games.

2. Again, they don't. Lin is a better scorer and that's it. The rockets don't need Lin's scoring in the starting line-up. They need it off the bench. They need Bevs D, smarts and energy in the starting line-up.

3. See point 2.

4. I live in Australia so I may something's. But a guarantee Morey interest rondo was about the same as with Williams. Then people will get carried away with it.

1. Everybody in that GT agreed that Beverley was guarding Walters in that Bucks game. How come you're the only person that hasn't realized that yet? And I told you in that [Wiz] game he stunk. But 5 out of last 6 gms. he played very well.

2. He's a better scorer and defender. Do you need to see a chart on this? b/c it is out there.

3. Still suck.

4. That explains it, you live in AUS.

monty77
02-19-2014, 11:43 AM
"Celtics want first-round picks for Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green"

It is hard to believe Celtics want to get rid of both players. If they are going to rebuild, both are young talented players who have proved they have the potential to become an allstar. I believe they are overestimating this draft, because unless they get 2 of the top 5 positions, it is unlikely they get better players than Rondo and Green.

I would give them an expiring contract player + top 5 protected pick 2014, top 3 protected pick 2015+ first round pick 2016 in exchange of both players provided it would be sure that they'll re-sign a long term contract because their contracts expire after next season.

They are quality players and I guess Celtics know they aren't willing to re-sign their contract and this is the moment to take some advance of it. However, this kind of players can be traded half year before their contract expires and take some value in return, just like happened with Howard and Deng.

Maybe they get less than expected if they wait for the last moment but it's worth trying to convince them and maybe they do it if they get a good pick this draft and make some acquisition in order to improve the team next year.

They are already one of the teams with less committed salary next two season, with 46 million next year and 19 within two years (if Jeff Green executes a 9 million player option). For this reason, I doubt they need to do this kind of transaction right now.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 11:52 AM
@ChrisMannixSI
New Orleans--as noted in today's primer--is working hard to offload either Eric Gordon or Tyreke Evans, rival execs say.

Someone is gonna get better.

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Warriors have talked to cle about deng.

Also taled tp cle about barnes for jack plus more.

Memphis going hard for barnes.

Bulls unlikely to trade hinrich.

Warriors like steve blake

Hellcrooner
02-19-2014, 01:09 PM
12 deadlie boring.
13 megaboring

i think this year it may happen that aside of 1 or 2 trades for bottom of the bench feeders NOTHING HAPPENS at ALL

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 01:30 PM

nickdymez
02-19-2014, 01:32 PM

Thats a crazy trade for the Clips! crazy in a good way

Greg.
02-19-2014, 01:32 PM

4. It would make so much more sense that the Rockets were calling the Celtic about Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and before Jones took over, Brandon Bass since the Rockets actually have a need for them

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 01:33 PM

Definitely, I know Clips fans are eagerly wanting a solid wing player.

KnicksYanks
02-19-2014, 01:38 PM

Definitely, I know Clips fans are eagerly wanting a solid wing player.
But shump sucks

bagwell368
02-19-2014, 01:39 PM
"Celtics want first-round picks for Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green"

It is hard to believe Celtics want to get rid of both players. If they are going to rebuild, both are young talented players who have proved they have the potential to become an allstar. I believe they are overestimating this draft, because unless they get 2 of the top 5 positions, it is unlikely they get better players than Rondo and Green.

I would give them an expiring contract player + top 5 protected pick 2014, top 3 protected pick 2015+ first round pick 2016 in exchange of both players provided it would be sure that they'll re-sign a long term contract because their contracts expire after next season.

They are quality players and I guess Celtics know they aren't willing to re-sign their contract and this is the moment to take some advance of it. However, this kind of players can be traded half year before their contract expires and take some value in return, just like happened with Howard and Deng.

Maybe they get less than expected if they wait for the last moment but it's worth trying to convince them and maybe they do it if they get a good pick this draft and make some acquisition in order to improve the team next year.

They are already one of the teams with less committed salary next two season, with 46 million next year and 19 within two years (if Jeff Green executes a 9 million player option). For this reason, I doubt they need to do this kind of transaction right now.

Rondo and Green are both mid career at best. They will not be part of the next team in the ECF for the Celts.

I'd like Monroe in a package for Rondo or Green with other pieces (mostly the C's take back a couple of meh deals like Billups). I'd also think a double S&T of Bradley and Hayward might work out later on.

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 01:44 PM

WARRIORS@GR
02-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Can somebody explain me why would the Knicks do that trade?

Green_Monster
02-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Finally, some trades are getting done!

shep33
02-19-2014, 01:47 PM

I like that trade for the Nets. The Kings add their 40th PF to their roster though

shep33
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Collison? Really? That's like a slight upgrade on Felton

Metsboi69
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
I like that trade for the Nets. The Kings add their 40th PF to their roster though

Best part of the trade is the Nets get to rid themselves of Evans and Terry, while gaining a roster spot.

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Collison? Really? That's like a slight upgrade on Felton

Collison can ball

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 01:56 PM

I don't like that deal on the basis that this is all King got for them. Thornton is a poor man's Joe Johnson that doesn't play any D. He couldn't even get an athletic throw in like Derrick Williams. I could do this man's job better than he can.

shep33
02-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Best part of the trade is the Nets get to rid themselves of Evans and Terry, while gaining a roster spot.

Yeah, wonder if you guys are still interested in Jordan Hill for your disabled player exception

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 01:58 PM

welp. Better than Felton.

shep33
02-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Collison can ball

I mean he's better than Felton, but not by a whole lot. He had a good month when CP3 was out, but that's when Blake went on a rampage.

I like this for the Clips in that they get a wing defender.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Yeah, wonder if you guys are still interested in Jordan Hill for your disabled player exception

they have to, they can't keep relying on Blatche playing horrid D when KG is out.

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Proposed deal of Darren Collison for Iman & Raymond Felton would also include NY getting Reggie Bullock from Clippers, according to a source

kylem4711
02-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't get why the Clippers do that deal. jj must really be messed up.

The clips need a big man, not two more scrubs. We ready have Barnes and dudley for that.

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:06 PM
I don't like that deal on the basis that this is all King got for them. Thornton is a poor man's Joe Johnson that doesn't play any D. He couldn't even get an athletic throw in like Derrick Williams. I could do this man's job better than he can.

lol.. Yea the Kings do have what seems like a lot of front court depth, and now they're getting more with Evans. Interesting move

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
@ZachLowe_NBA 38s
The Knicks need to understand that as bad as Felton as been, Collison is not an upgrade worth giving up literally any asset.

we kinda know this Zach, what would you like us to do?

kylem4711
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
Proposed deal of Darren Collison for Iman & Raymond Felton would also include NY getting Reggie Bullock from Clippers, according to a source

Also hearing beno and Mullens are included. Possibly a first from the clips. Yikes.

Serious question, doesn't iman suck? Someone please educate me.

shep33
I don't get why the Clippers do that deal. jj must really be messed up.

The clips need a big man, not two more scrubs. We ready have Barnes and dudley for that.

I thought it was just Shump for Collison. I don't get why they would give up on Bullock so early. I think your right about Redick though. He has multiple injuries supposedly and is out for maybe a month.

Monta is beast
Warriors looking at k love, greg monroe, amir johnson, john henson, tristian thompson, keneth faried and thad young.

Several gms belive varnes can be had for the right price

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Man i wish we could land Thad Young somehow. I know they have interest, we just don't have the assets.

KniCks4LiFe
lol.. Yea the Kings do have what seems like a lot of front court depth, and now they're getting more with Evans. Interesting move

The GMs unless your in BOS, IND, TOR or MIA, stink in the east.

Monta is beast
Clips are dumb. Chasing a seed rather than building for the playoffs

shep33
Warriors looking at k love, greg monroe, amir johnson, john henson, tristian thompson, keneth faried and thad young.

Several gms belive varnes can be had for the right price

Man Love on the Warriors would be sick lol. Perhaps the best outside shooting team ever

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Also hearing beno and Mullens are included. Possibly a first from the clips. Yikes.

Serious question, doesn't iman suck? Someone please educate me.

I thought Iman was a promising talent, but I honestly haven't seen much of him this year. I know he had a nice stretch at one point but I don't know how consistent he has been

WARRIORS@GR
02-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Let's do Lee+Barnes for Love.

TrueFan420
02-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Man Love on the Warriors would be sick lol. Perhaps the best outside shooting team ever

We'd have arguably the best 3 point shooters at 3 positions

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 02:18 PM
If hes availavle warriors have assets to get him

sep11ie
02-19-2014, 02:20 PM

I heard there is already plenty of man love in that locker room.

mgsports
It means Rondo or Lowry no chance to the Knicks know.

DetroitBadBoy
I can't understand why the Pistons aren't targeting Kevin Love. He'd be a great fit in Detroit.

WARRIORS@GR
02-19-2014, 02:22 PM
I heard there is already plenty of man love in that locker room.So funny lol.

Riodagoat
Can someone tell me why the Knicks are doing that trade? They are losing Shumpert for basically nothing. Sure they are getting rid of Felton in the process, but they are essentially getting nothing back. Collison isn't worth Shumpert.

They better be getting a pick from this because if not, I think they really are deliberately wanting to stay bad forever.

kdspurman

WARRIORS@GR
I can't understand why the Pistons aren't targeting Kevin Love. He'd be a great fit in Detroit.For what?I guess they are not trading Drummond,and preety much everybody else sucks.

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Broussard said monroe for barnes is a possibility. Monroe is getting the max this offseason so lee would be moved to. But its Broussard so

redsoxknicks
02-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I think Iman needs a different system. He has such flashes - in both directions - but you can see the raw talent is there. I think one big problem is too much of Woodson's version of tough/Rookie love. Woodson would single Shumpert out so hard Shump was no longer sure what was up and what was down. Not that he didn't need direction, but Woodson just seemed oddly focused on getting on Shump's case, I think it was hard for his young psyche.

I would love to see Shump somewhere else, just because I think in a stable, positive situation he could do his thing. Run, Shump, Run. Save your self.

But I agree. Shump and Felton for Collison does not make any sense for us. There must be - better be - more to the story.

Legende81
02-19-2014, 02:29 PM
If the knicks make this trade, they are stupid! Shump for coll...hahaha:-)

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Kevin Love says that the TWolves have a better foundation than the Lakers and its no guarantee he would want to play with the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10482450/kevin-love-says-minnesota-timberwolves-better-team-los-angeles-lakers

For some reason it just makes me smile.

WARRIORS@GR
02-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Kevin Love says that the TWolves have a better foundation than the Lakers and its no guarantee he would want to play with the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10482450/kevin-love-says-minnesota-timberwolves-better-team-los-angeles-lakers

For some reason it just makes me smile.Of course,he wants Warriors:D

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:35 PM

shep33
02-19-2014, 02:36 PM
I heard there is already plenty of man love in that locker room.

:laugh: well played

NYKnickFanatic
02-19-2014, 02:37 PM
If the knicks make this trade, they are stupid! Shump for coll...hahaha:-)

It's really to dump Felton's salary.

Monta is beast
02-19-2014, 02:38 PM
To bad we play in oakland not sf yet. Goodluck poking fun at oakland aha

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Wait GS is looking to move Barnes for a good backup big?

Frye, Indy pick for Barnes? Frye would fit em perfectly.

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Lakers, Nets progressing on Jordan Hill deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Ownership showing willingness to take $17M hit.

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 24s
Active Kings might not be done. Keep an eye on Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, who had 24 points at the Knicks last week, sources said.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Lakers, Nets progressing on Jordan Hill deal, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Ownership showing willingness to take $17M hit.

if they get Hill, they're trading Blatche after. JMO.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Active Kings might not be done. Keep an eye on Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, who had 24 points at the Knicks last week, sources said.

Chicago?

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:49 PM
if they get Hill, they're trading Blatche after. JMO.

what other bigs do they have? I know they've been w/o Lopez for a while but he could also play whatever role Evans was playing. Not sure how much PT he was getting

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Chicago?

That'd be a nice fit imo.

Mr. Baller
02-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Please trade him to a team that deserves his talents

WARRIORS@GR
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Wait GS is looking to move Barnes for a good backup big?

Frye, Indy pick for Barnes? Frye would fit em perfectly.I've seen reports that the Warriors will not trade him unless it's in a trade for a big time player,so i don't think trades like that could happen.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 02:55 PM
what other bigs do they have? I know they've been w/o Lopez for a while but he could also play whatever role Evans was playing. Not sure how much PT he was getting

Blatche scores 15-20 Pts. but he allows prolly 1/3 of that. So it's not an advantage for them. Hill is better.

WARRIORS@GR
02-19-2014, 02:55 PM
I'd take Blatche on the Dubs.

Metsboi69
02-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Blatche scores 15-20 Pts. but he allows prolly 1/3 of that. So it's not an advantage for them. Hill is better.

Blatche is MUCH better then Hill, there's no way we're getting Hill to move Blatche for scraps. To me the Hill acquisition would just add some depth to our bigs (Garnett, Plumlee, Blatche). Only way Blatche would get moved if it was for a significant player. So is Hill worth $17 Mill? No but hell it aint my money.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:08 PM
No way to Clippers Knicks deal. Would be Knicks raping us. Collison>>>Shumpert this year who's having the worst year of his career and can't shoot for ****. His only value to the team would be defense. Collison has been huge for us this year. Then Bullock vs Felton is also horrible value wise. Bullock is cheap, young, has upside and whenever he plays, shows promise. Felton is a terrible contract the Knicks are trying to dump anyways and he's a lard who hasn't shown any effort to get into shape this year.

I'd do something like Dudley or Barnes and a filler for Shumpert and nothing more.

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Jimmer would be perfect in NY. I wanna see what he can do getting consistent starters minutes.

NYKnickFanatic
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM
No way to Clippers Knicks deal. Would be Knicks raping us. Collison>>>Shumpert this year who's having the worst year of his career and can't shoot for ****. His only value to the team would be defense. Collison has been huge for us this year. Then Bullock vs Felton is also horrible value wise. Bullock is cheap, young, has upside and whenever he plays, shows promise. Felton is a terrible contract the Knicks are trying to dump anyways and he's a lard who hasn't shown any effort to get into shape this year.

I'd do something like Dudley or Barnes and a filler for Shumpert and nothing more.

Shumpert > Collison. Shump is having a bad year because Woody doesn't know how the hell to use him properly. Doc would definitely bring out the full potential in Shump, that Knicks fans know he has.

WARRIORS@GR

I'd do something like Dudley or Barnes and a filler for Shumpert and nothing more.Felton is ok as a backup just like Collison.He's looking really bad as a starter,but he won't suck as a backup.And Shumpert has way more upside than Bullock.Only problem is Felton's contract.

Legende81
It is possible that the mavs can make a deal with the cavs and can get Deng?

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Blatche is MUCH better then Hill, there's no way we're getting Hill to move Blatche for scraps. To me the Hill acquisition would just add some depth to our bigs (Garnett, Plumlee, Blatche). Only way Blatche would get moved if it was for a significant player. So is Hill worth $17 Mill? No but hell it aint my money.

You honestly believe that?

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Shumpert > Collison. Shump is having a bad year because Woody doesn't know how the hell to use him properly. Doc would definitely bring out the full potential in Shump, that Knicks fans know he has.

I've been a fan of Shumpert since day one. Love his game. BUT he should not be overvalued here. He's been incredibly inconsistent. We don't need just defense, we need reliable shooting which we lack big time with Redick out of the lineup. As bad as Woodson is... I highly doubt it's affecting his shooting percentages so bad that he shoots like 38/35 from 2 and 3. Those are REALLY inefficient numbers for a 3rd year wing with his natural talent. TS% of 47... do you know how bad that is?

Green_Monster
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM

No. Stop being a homer.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Narrow it down to Shumpert for Collison and fine. Would still suck because Collison is having a great bounceback year and took a paycut to play in LA, but we DO need defense. But no way in **** we are taking on Felton's contract AND giving up another young asset. Bullock leads NBA rookies in differential last I checked. When he plays he's been great. He's a lot like Tim Hardaway for you guys but with far less freedom. Doc's just being an idiot as usual regarding playing rookies.

mgsports
02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
It looks like Hill to Nets unlikely and Bucks not ready to announce Neal deal.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Collision would be the worst starting PG in the game. It's fair deal but changes nothing

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Collision would be the worst starting PG in the game. It's fair deal but changes nothing

That's weird because as a starter without Paul he averaged like 16/6.5/3/2 on fantastic shooting percentages and with good D for the most part. He shot something like 47/41/89 if I recall. He's having a superior year to Shumpert and Felton.

Off the bench mostly this year he's at 10/2.5/3.5/2 in just 23 mpg. That's with a PER 16.5, TS% of 57.5, WS/48 of .136.

Shumperts metrics? PER of 9.8, TS% of 49.6, WS/48 of .049 (ATROCIOUS).

Felton? PER of 12.3, TS% of 47.3, WS/48 of .038 (ATROCIOUS). Nevermind the horrible contract.

Knicks and their fans once again trying to severely overvalue their players.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 03:33 PM
If the Suns don't pick up Jordan Hill, he will be on his way to the Nets. Making Blatche expendable.

Crackadalic
02-19-2014, 03:38 PM
That's weird because as a starter without Paul he averaged like 16/6.5/3/2 on fantastic shooting percentages and with good D for the most part. He shot something like 47/41/89 if I recall. He's having a superior year to Shumpert and Felton.

Off the bench mostly this year he's at 10/2.5/3.5/2 in just 23 mpg. That's with a PER 16.5, TS% of 57.5, WS/48 of .136.

I actually think this trade favors the knicks more. I love reggie bullock game. Idk why clippers do this though

Goose17
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Collison has clearly been the better player but I have to admit I still think Shump has a high ceiling. He would thrive under Doc imo.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM

Felton? PER of 12.3, TS% of 47.3, WS/48 of .038 (ATROCIOUS). Nevermind the horrible contract.

Knicks and their fans once again trying to severely overvalue their players.

He had a good stretch of games where he went crazy then went down. In a run in gun system, he is solid but isn't te defender I was hoping for

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
I actually think this trade favors the knicks more. I love reggie bullock game. Idk why clippers do this though

Bullock would be redundant with Hardaway probably, although I guess you can never have enough 3+D guys. Bullock is a better defender than Hardaway but not as explosive as a scorer. Doc is making a huge mistake not playing him.

kdspurman
02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
fwiw, it was already reported that the Knicks/Clips trade likely won't happen.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
He had a good stretch of games where he went crazy then went down. In a run in gun system, he is solid but isn't te defender I was hoping for

Sure... I understand if you don't want Collison, just don't tell me that those outgoing players are better when they are so damn bad this year.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Dan Woike @DanWoikeSports

CLE approached LAC about interest in C Tyler Zeller, but talks have gone nowhere, per a source

Damn I like Zeller. Young, upside.. better backup center than Mullens and Hollins that's for damn sure. Doc is an outstanding coach but a fu**ing terrible GM. For every good move he's made (Redick, Hedo, Collison) he's made two bad ones.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Ian Begley @IanBegley about 21 minutes ago
Sources: #Knicks, Clippers talking about a deal centered around Shumpert & Collison. 1st reported by @Adrian Wojnarowski. Jared Dudley also in mix

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Sure... I understand if you don't want Collison, just don't tell me that those outgoing players are better when they are so damn bad this year.

Didn't say they were. I just meant he isn't much better

Goose17
02-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Dudley involved as well :/

Not sure what else the Knicks have to offer the Clips other than Shump.

xxplayerxx23
What happened to Dudley game?

sunsfan88
Dudley involved as well :/

Not sure what else the Knicks have to offer the Clips other than Shump.
Hardaway Jr?

mgsports
02-19-2014, 03:48 PM
Know back on and Dudley could be starting SF with Anthony going back to PF. Smith,Amare maybe Other paces that Hill could go to Dallas,OKC,Miami and so on.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 03:49 PM

wall

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Knicks have a history like the Celtics of GREATLY overvaluing players. Shumpert+Hardaway+Felton for Collison+Dudley+Bullock, taking on the bad contract on Felton would be far more fair...but Knicks probably value Hardaway like Lebron James because of a few good games.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:51 PM

He's just been really inconsistent this year. Off the bench he's not terrible... but we brought him in to start, in which he was a disappointment most of the year. He had knee problems early in the year, bounced back strong for 2 weeks, then has been up and down since shooting wise. So he's not a bad player, but he's nowhere near as good or consistent as we expected.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:52 PM
HardawayJR lol no chance

Green_Monster
Knicks have a history like the Celtics of GREATLY overvaluing players. Shumpert+Hardaway+Felton for Collison+Dudley+Bullock, taking on the bad contract on Felton would be far more fair...but Knicks probably value Hardaway like Lebron James because of a few good games.

That's a really bad deal for the Knicks.

Goose17
Hardaway Jr?

Didn't think he was on the block.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
That's a really bad deal for the Knicks.

When green monster says it's a bad trade forNYK you know you have given a **** offer lol

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Didn't think he was on the block.

No chance he is

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm surprised that NYK isn't trying to trade for Patty Mills.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2014, 03:55 PM
@DeronWilliams Feb 17
Refilling the bar at home and want to say thanks to @Stoli for keeping me stocked up!

I'm late but does he sound like he cares about anything?

Green_Monster
When green monster says it's a bad trade forNYK you know you have given a **** offer lol

:up:

xxplayerxx23

He isn't otb that's why

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:56 PM

He isn't otb that's why

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Naw Tim isn't on the block. As I said Knicks probably think his value is on par with Lebron James. Just saying straight value wise with Felton/Shumps terrible year, bad contract... it would be more fair. Collison, Dudley and Bullock ALL have fantastic contracts expiring soon and on the cheap. Collison is at like 1.7 mill this year with a player option next year for the same AND is better than both this year. Dudley is at 4 mill but only for this year and next. Bullock is a late 1st rounder who makes very little for the next two years, and even after his team option if picked up.

Clippersfan86
02-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Besides that was a base trade. Maybe Clippers can add more assets and I didn't even check if it works cap wise. Just saying both teams need to gain something. Knicks have been shopping Shump/Felton hard for two years.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Lol no but Tim hardaway jr future is bright no way he's included for two backups