PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony could join the Miami Heat, If each Star takes $14 million a Year

Dade County
02-17-2014, 05:24 PM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/carmelo-anthony-could-join-miami-heat-if-lebron-wade-bosh-melo-all-sign-14-million-2041078/

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN
According to @stevekylerNBA Carmelo could join Miami if LeBron, Wade, Bosh & Melo all sign for $14 million. That is the Heat media's dream.

Couple of things; Carmelo has said repeatedly that LeBron was "smart" for joining Wade & Bosh. Also, never ever underestimate Pat Riley.

So James Dolan still has Pat Riley to worry about...and irate Knick fans (yes, that is redundant) send your hate mail to @stevekylerNBA

But on a serious not... What realistic help can Melo depend on, to get the Knicks into the Finals?

NYKnickFanatic
02-17-2014, 05:32 PM
But Melo is fat and sucks, so why would the Heat want him?

abe_froman
02-17-2014, 05:33 PM
why would the heat want that? why would melo want it?

WARRIORS@GR
02-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Lol stevekyler

kingsdelez24
02-17-2014, 05:35 PM
I can totally see this happening and wpuld love to see how they'd play them all together

KniCks4LiFe
02-17-2014, 05:35 PM
don't start the ish, I'm not in the mood.

WARRIORS@GR
02-17-2014, 05:36 PM
why would the heat want that? why would melo want it?Yeah why would the Heat want one of the greatest scorers in the game?Why would Melo want to win a championship and create a legacy instead of staying on a mediocre team?

east fb knicks
02-17-2014, 05:37 PM
:laugh:
good luck with that one melo would go to la before that melo's ego is to big for that and the media would kill him not happening

Crackadalic
02-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Lmao isola is such a troll I swear

ManRam
02-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Lmao isola is such a troll I swear

He is

Bruno
02-17-2014, 05:38 PM
so boring. doesn't this generation get it? competition. you're not supposed to pair up with your greatest peers. league has gone so soft. so sick of collusion era buddy-ball.

this league would be better if they brought back hand-checking, dominant post-play and an environment where the players wanted to best each other, not join each other. my opinion may be old fashioned but it is immovable; they're not doing it the way it was supposed to be done. why would melo do this, nobody would respect that championship anyways. I doubt he does this. he's probably still bitter about not being invited to the party the first time.

what would we have thought if MJ, Hakeem, Barkley and Stockton all decided they wanted to play together?

PraiseJesus
02-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Everyone will essentially disregard rings won by such a team

That is like playing video game with every cheat code activated

koreancabbage
02-17-2014, 05:42 PM

yet people play with these types of teams in NBA videos games with cheats on.

east fb knicks
02-17-2014, 05:44 PM
so boring. doesn't this generation get it? competition. you're not supposed to pair up with your greatest peers. league has gone so soft. so sick of collusion era buddy-ball.

this league would be better if they brought back hand-checking, dominant post-play and an environment where the players wanted to best each other, not join each other. my opinion may be old fashioned but it is immovable; they're not doing it the way it was supposed to be done. why would melo do this, nobody would respect that championship anyways. I doubt he does this. he's probably still bitter about not being invited to the party the first time.

what would we have thought if MJ, Hakeem, Barkley and Stockton all decided they wanted to play together?

these are the exact reasons why melo won't do it he's an old school guy so it's not happening

Minimal
02-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Why the f Heat would need another 20 FGA player in their team?

abe_froman
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Yeah why would the Heat want one of the greatest scorers in the game?Why would Melo want to win a championship and create a legacy instead of staying on a mediocre team?
because he's a me first player who complains when not getting to shoot it enough,he'd totally ruin what the heat have going.what the heat did in picking the core wasnt just getting players that were so great,but that had the right attitude to handle the situation....something melo lacks

why stay? because i think he enjoys being bernard king.it doesnt matter if they finish the year with a ring or dead last,his place as a nyc legend will be secured and he'll be above criticism as long as he averages 30

LongIslandIcedZ
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Isola seems like the kinda guy you really want to punch if you're not friends.

He also seems like the kinda guy you want to go and get drunk with if you are friends.

2-ONE-5
02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
I can totally see this happening and wpuld love to see how they'd play them all together

you just did last night.

PraiseJesus
yet people play with these types of teams in NBA videos games with cheats on.

And they get bored rather quickly

3RDASYSTEM

so how did joining together work in the 80' and 60's? did AUERBACH put the best talent on his team(and tried to add WILT also but failed)? how is he any different than players? he had more power as he was gm/coach basically from day 1 so I don't understand how you are looking at how winning multiple rings work, its doesn't start with a big 2 or 4, its all the way from top ownership to the players and so on but you need high talent regardless, go ask the 80's big 3 of LAKERS/C'S/SIXERS because they had it at unreal levels, super high powered type

why did BARKLEY want to leave and go to PHX to compete for title? did he get on a better team of talent or no? I don't care about what level because my point is they all need stacked teams to advance very deep, and he had that clearly in PHX over SIXERS

So how is this any different if players want to just flat out say they want to team up over being all secretive and behind the scenes while piling up superteams under the radar like the old school teams did?

2-ONE-5
Yeah why would the Heat want one of the greatest scorers in the game?Why would Melo want to win a championship and create a legacy instead of staying on a mediocre team?

im sorry Melo winning a ring with that Heat team does nothing for his legacy except prove what we already know

Nycbball08
02-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Not just the Heat media's dream...

JWorthy42
02-17-2014, 05:51 PM
I'll stop watching the NBA if this happens.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Sooo, who can the knicks bring in to help Melo reach the Final's? Thats what this thread is about posters?!?!? lmao

I don't really know if Love wants to play in Ny and or team up with Melo. Knick fans can you help with any insight on the matter?

Big Zo
02-17-2014, 06:04 PM
No thanks. He can go suck for the Lakers.

KingPosey
02-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Maybe one day an entire team will take minimum contracts and it will basically be our Olympic Team

bholly
02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Why would they, though? I understand the marketing thing, sure. But from a basketball point of view, if the current 3 are willing to re-sign for $14m, aren't they better off spending the other $14m on second tier free agents that actually fit the team? Seems like his skills aren't really needed on that team, and his deficiencies would be awful for it, not to mention that it would mess up their positional balance. It's just a dumb idea for Miami. They'd be much better getting some depth rather than going with a big 4 and min salary guys.

Cracka2HI!
02-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't see LeBron taking less money again. It made sense when he did it the 1st time, but he is a FAR superior player now. He's the only one making a sacrifice and just about any team with him on it would be a contender.

ChicagoJ
02-17-2014, 06:26 PM

I've been watching since the late 80s and I'd stop watching as well.

JasonJohnHorn
02-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Why would you need a ball-hogging SF when you already have the best SF in the game?

They'd be better off signing a true C if they had that kind of money.

and LBJ ain't taking a second pay cut.

Jamiecballer
02-17-2014, 06:31 PM
that would be the worst move imaginable for the Heat.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 06:31 PM
I don't see LeBron taking less money again. It made sense when he did it the 1st time, but he is a FAR superior player now. He's the only one making a sacrifice and just about any team with him on it would be a contender.

All of them have made big sacrifices... con-artist, illuminati style.

Da Knicks
02-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Lebron, Wade and Bosh disrespected bball this would be throw up in my mouth. I would hope Melo would man up and want competition instead of joining it.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Lebron, Wade and Bosh disrespected bball this would be throw up in my mouth. I would hope Melo would man up and want competition instead of joining it.

Once again... What can the knicks do, to push themselves into the Final's?

2-ONE-5
02-17-2014, 06:48 PM

there is nothing

Kashmir13579
02-17-2014, 06:53 PM
That way Marshmelo can finally contend for.a championship.

bholly
02-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Stop it. The thread title is about the Heat, the source is about the Heat, and everyone's talking about the Heat. The pretend "it's about some other thing" bit isn't even funny as an intentionally lame thing, and certainly not three times. If you actually want a thread about how the Knicks can get to the finals, then start one.

Crackadalic
02-17-2014, 06:57 PM
I think you guys are underestimating how good of a off ball shooter melo is. Look at the Olympics and all star games.

That said this will never happen. He wants to win it all as the man.

Slug3
02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
If they all take 10 million we could go get CP3 in a few years as well.

cssdmark
02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I heard all 4 could opt out and each take 5 million and play for New York

Dade County
02-17-2014, 07:04 PM
there is nothing

I hope the knicks front office isn't thinking that way.

Stop it. The thread title is about the Heat, the source is about the Heat, and everyone's talking about the Heat. The pretend "it's about some other thing" bit isn't even funny as an intentionally lame thing, and certainly not three times. If you actually want a thread about how the Knicks can get to the finals, then start one.

Well it's actually about Melo... and :laugh2:

I just wanted to kill two birds with one stone, because I did want to start up a thread about the Melo & the Knicks options, then I ran into this news.

So I am hoping posters can actually give some insight on what Melo & the knicks can do; instead everyone saying just want until K Love is a free agent and what not.

Happy now?

new york blue
02-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Let's get the whole east and west all-star teams to play for $2 million apiece for the Cavs.

bholly
02-17-2014, 07:09 PM
I hope the knicks front office isn't thinking that way.

Well it's actually about Melo... and :laugh2:

I just wanted to kill two birds with one stone, because I did want to start up a thread about the Melo & the Knicks options, then I ran into this news.

So I am hoping posters can actually give some insight on what Melo & the knicks can do; instead everyone saying just want until K Love is a free agent and what not.

Happy now?

I was never unhappy. But a) starting a thread on 2 topics is stupid and b) that's obviously not what you did, otherwise you wouldn't have been responding to people insisting they talk about the secondary topic. It's okay, we all get the joke, you're allowed to have made it, nobody's upset, I'm just telling you it isn't funny now, it's just annoying.

Slug3
02-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Let's get the whole east and west all-star teams to play for $2 million apiece for the Cavs.

Why stop there. Let's just have all the best sign on the same team for $500K each. That way the team stays super profitable as well.

Then they can go around and play college teams and take away double dribble and traveling. They can start doing tricks and interact with the crowed as well then come up with a name like the glob trotters or something and where red, white and blue. It would work.

bucketss
02-17-2014, 07:19 PM
I've been watching since the late 80s and I'd stop watching as well.

you guys both probably said that in 2010.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Melo wants his own squad. He's not joining a allstar team. He'll probably recruit some guys to come to NY....

bholly
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Not sure what all the "I'd stop watching" ******** is all about. It's not even clear that it'd make them better, and it's not like they trampled the league last time people said that. They might not even be favourites this year. Everyone said this same "it makes the game boring when you know who'll win and I won't watch" trash, only then they lost the first year, then gave us three game sevens and an all-time classic finals over the next two. It's been great basketball and great watching. The biggest effect it would have is that they'd probably be less entertaining on the court and with more chemistry and lineup issues - are you all saying you'd stop watching because you love them now and would miss that too much? Is that it?

bholly
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Melo wants his own squad. He's not joining a allstar team. He'll probably recruit some guys to come to NY....

You mean MLE guys, yeah?

beasted86
02-17-2014, 07:28 PM
To follow up that move the HEAT will sign Chris Kaman for the vet minimum so they have 5 of the top 6 picks from the 2003 NBA draft.

archdevil84
02-17-2014, 07:34 PM
kevin love should come to miami to fix the rebounding problem

Tony_Starks
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
I think they should get Steph Curry too to fix their shooting problems....

Dade County
02-17-2014, 07:39 PM
I was never unhappy. But a) starting a thread on 2 topics is stupid and b) that's obviously not what you did, otherwise you wouldn't have been responding to people insisting they talk about the secondary topic. It's okay, we all get the joke, you're allowed to have made it, nobody's upset, I'm just telling you it isn't funny now, it's just annoying.

It seems like, you shouldn't be in this thread if it annoys you so much :(

Cal827
02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Why stop there. Let's just have all the best sign on the same team for $500K each. That way the team stays super profitable as well.

Then they can go around and play college teams and take away double dribble and traveling. They can start doing tricks and interact with the crowed as well then come up with a name like the glob trotters or something and where red, white and blue. It would work.

Why just those moves. Forget interacting with the fans, they would have to fight opposing fans off. Each fan would be given one weapon at random, and they can help their team as the 6th man and try and defend their paint. Actually never mind, most of them would probably camp and try to protect their K/D ratio.

Make the Center bring the ball up the court as mandatory. Who wouldn't like to see plays set up by Andrew Bynum or Javale Mcgee?

FOXHOUND
02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
To follow up that move the HEAT will sign Chris Kaman for the vet minimum so they have 5 of the top 6 picks from the 2003 NBA draft.

At that rate I don't know what would stop them from grabbing Darko for the vet min as well :p

Da Knicks
02-17-2014, 07:47 PM

You want the real answer here it goes, for the fans of New York to stop going to the games and quit making the Knicks the most profitable team in the league. Make a big market fall and force the nba into submission. If its winning its cool applies to Miami and Los Angeles where the fans only show up when the team is winning.

It's reality tv and we all know it, it's just so we can take our mind off the hard issues of life for a moment.

Don't know if that's the kind of answer you wanted.

FOXHOUND
02-17-2014, 07:49 PM
This is an unrealistic scenario.

What's not unrealistic is him ending up in Miami. Reports have been out for a while now that LeBron, Wade and Bosh want to get paid after taking cuts in 2010. Bosh will likely be gone this offseason for a near max, if not max, contract to the highest bid somewhere. Possibly to the Bulls, possibly to the Lakers, we'll see. It's also possible that even Wade can be gone if he is so dead set on making $18M+ when at this stage in his career he's having issues staying healthy and being a consistent force, let alone a few years from now later in that deal.

But a LeBron-Melo-Wade pairing can EASILY happen, especially with Melo saying that he'd be willing to take a pay cut to confirm just one more hurdle that could prevent that. And don't be so sure that he wouldn't join LeBron, he's been very open about how much he wants to win, he has complimented the 2010 decision as smart multiple times throughout the year and with each passing game with this horrible roster father time looks more scary to his championship aspirations.

And no, no one would discredit his ring if he won it with LeBron, just like no one has discredited what Miami has done the past two years. Unless he's putting up role player numbers, which he wouldn't, he's going to get plenty of credit just fine.

FOXHOUND
02-17-2014, 07:51 PM
You want the real answer here it goes, for the fans of New York to stop going to the games and quit making the Knicks the most profitable team in the league. Make a big market fall and force the nba into submission. If its winning its cool applies to Miami and Los Angeles where the fans only show up when the team is winning.

It's reality tv and we all know it, it's just so we can take our mind off the hard issues of life for a moment.

Dolan needs a bad crack rock that kills him, only then will the Knicks be free.

bholly
02-17-2014, 07:52 PM
It seems like, you shouldn't be in this thread if it annoys you so much :(

I'm interested in the actual topic, though. But sorry if my comments about the joke offended you in any way.

Cracka2HI!
02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
All of them have made big sacrifices... con-artist, illuminati style.

I wasn't talking about past sacrifices. At this point LeBron would be the only making a sacrifice at $14 million per year IMO. Bosh is probably still worth that but for how much longer? Not sure about the last part of your post.

beasted86
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
This is an unrealistic scenario.

What's not unrealistic is him ending up in Miami. Reports have been out for a while now that LeBron, Wade and Bosh want to get paid after taking cuts in 2010. Bosh will likely be gone this offseason for a near max, if not max, contract to the highest bid somewhere. Possibly to the Bulls, possibly to the Lakers, we'll see. It's also possible that even Wade can be gone if he is so dead set on making $18M+ when at this stage in his career he's having issues staying healthy and being a consistent force, let alone a few years from now later in that deal.

But a LeBron-Melo-Wade pairing can EASILY happen, especially with Melo saying that he'd be willing to take a pay cut to confirm just one more hurdle that could prevent that. And don't be so sure that he wouldn't join LeBron, he's been very open about how much he wants to win, he has complimented the 2010 decision as smart multiple times throughout the year and with each passing game with this horrible roster father time looks more scary to his championship aspirations.

And no, no one would discredit his ring if he won it with LeBron, just like no one has discredited what Miami has done the past two years. Unless he's putting up role player numbers, which he wouldn't, he's going to get plenty of credit just fine.

Most of the fans have no concept of common sense.

Really I am not attacking you personally, because this is just something that is overlooked, and since the media overlooks it, it bleeds into the fan logic and most people overlook it as well.

If all Wade and Bosh care about is money, there is no need to opt out. Both of them are guaranteed $42M over 2 years. Unless fans think within Wade and Bosh's own minds, within their agents mind, or their market value will allow them to get a contract that exceeds this amount, over a longer term deal, then it simply defies common sense for them to opt out if their only goal is money.

Sell me on Bosh wanting to be a #1 option somewhere, sell me on Wade wanting to follow LeBron wherever he signs, sell me on them thinking Arison won't be able to keep building around them since he is already making money saving moves (Miller, J. Anthony, etc)... whatever... just sell me on something other than them thinking they can easily get more money than they are ALREADY guaranteed, please.

Yanks All Day
02-17-2014, 07:58 PM
The only way I see this happening is if Bosh leaves to be "the guy" on another team. That would allow the Heat to play Wade-Melo-LeBron at the 2/3/4 spots and maintain their small ball approach. Losing Bosh would hurt a lot more than people realize, but Carmelo Anthony is the 2nd best scorer in basketball and would more than make up for it.

However, this isn't going to happen. I think Melo stays in New York and tries to recruit players to join him. He's a New York kinda guy and he will re-up at least for one more contract there.

Still, I think the Heat will find a way to pull off something huge, just not Carmelo Anthony. Pat Riley will always figure something out.

Also: enough with the "Heat disrespected basketball and took the coward's way out" routine. You'll never know if the greatest players ever would have done that because they were all always on stacked teams. They had no reason to leave their respective powerhouses. Jordan never had or needed a free agency because he played for one of the best teams of all time. Magic had another top player in Kareem and tons of help, and has openly said he wouldn't have gone to the Bulls if they had gotten the #1 overall pick because he wanted to play with Kareem. Bird was on some of the most stacked Celtics teams ever. Kobe's championship teams were monsters, and the second he didn't have a stacked team and started losing games, he demanded a trade. The point of basketball is to win games and win championships. Carmelo forced his way to New York because of Amar'e Stoudemire and dreams of forming his own super team, so in no way is he "old school." These players have decided to put themselves in the best possible positions to win. You better believe if Oklahoma City falls on hard times and doesn't win a ring soon, Kevin Durant would be out the door as well. History remembers that these players won rings, not that their teams were stacked. If that was the case, we'd have to discredit all dynasties and multiple ring winners for having teams that were "unfair."

Tony_Starks
02-17-2014, 08:07 PM
The only way I see this happening is if Bosh leaves to be "the guy" on another team. That would allow the Heat to play Wade-Melo-LeBron at the 2/3/4 spots and maintain their small ball approach. Losing Bosh would hurt a lot more than people realize, but Carmelo Anthony is the 2nd best scorer in basketball and would more than make up for it.

However, this isn't going to happen. I think Melo stays in New York and tries to recruit players to join him. He's a New York kinda guy and he will re-up at least for one more contract there.

Still, I think the Heat will find a way to pull off something huge, just not Carmelo Anthony. Pat Riley will always figure something out.

Why in the world would Bosh suddenly get the urge to be "the man?" Especially when he's been there done that. He's chillin on South Beach on a super team. What could be better than that?

Ill21
02-17-2014, 08:11 PM

this

FOXHOUND
02-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Most of the fans have no concept of common sense.

Really I am not attacking you personally, because this is just something that is overlooked, and since the media overlooks it, it bleeds into the fan logic and most people overlook it as well.

If all Wade and Bosh care about is money, there is no need to opt out. Both of them are guaranteed $42M over 2 years. Unless fans think within Wade and Bosh's own minds, within their agents mind, or their market value will allow them to get a contract that exceeds this amount, over a longer term deal, then it simply defies common sense for them to opt out if their only goal is money.

Sell me on Bosh wanting to be a #1 option somewhere, sell me on Wade wanting to follow LeBron wherever he signs, sell me on them thinking Arison won't be able to keep building around them since he is already making money saving moves (Miller, J. Anthony, etc)... whatever... just sell me on something other than them thinking they can easily get more money than they are ALREADY guaranteed, please.

The same reason every player opts out, to secure their next contract at a younger age. 2/$42M for Bosh may seem nice but it's still not as nice as a 4/$90M type deal that he would no doubt be able to secure on the market. Same for Wade, especially since in two years after that $41M he may be in a position where no one wants to pay him depending on how his body ages.

The chances that either opt in are extremely small. LeBron will no doubt be opting out and looking for at worst a very close to max contract and Wade and Bosh will be opting out to secure the last big contract of their careers as well. LeBron isn't leaving Miami, I highly doubt that scenario. He can easily have ring hungry players, like Melo, flock to join him in Miami.

Bosh may very well want to get back to being an All-Star based on his merits, not based on being a floor spacing weapon that allows LeBron and Wade to wreck havoc in the paint. There are days he complains about not being a larger part of the offense and I'm sure he misses being able to use his post game. An option like Chicago to team up with Rose, Butler and Noah sounds very appealing. He would be back in a position to be a 20 PPG scorer, he would no longer have to deal with the annoyances of being an undersized C and he would still be in a great position to contend.

The biggest factor for Bosh is there is no way Miami wants to pay him $18M+ for what role he has ended up playing there. There are other options out there that can fill his roles at a much smaller price point. And the same thing applies for Wade with his current health issues and the fact that he has to diminish his ability so much at times playing with LeBron. Miami has been able to string together nice depth with old players but just because things aligned and they found a Miller at the right time, a Battier at the right time, a Allen, a Lewis, a Oden, etc doesn't mean that those stars will continue to align themselves.

Pat Riley isn't a sentimental person when it comes to making moves. He would miss Wade if it came to it but he certainly wouldn't fail to replace him and build up a team around LeBron with all of that cap space. He dumped Shaq REAL quick once he overstayed his salary and you shouldn't be surprised if that ends up happening with Wade this summer.

east fb knicks
02-17-2014, 08:17 PM
LMAO THE KNICKS WILL HAVE CAP IN 2015 WE GOOD if LeBron was smart he'd leave mia cuz ther run is over and once lebum resigns with them they won't win another title a decling wade and bosh lmao

bholly
02-17-2014, 08:18 PM

I actually had the same though, although I'm not sure I agree so much with the last sentence - I'm not at all confident that he'd be willing to wait another year to take a shot at recruiting if joining MIA was on the table. It's more likely he stays than goes, but I'm not willing to say it with any confidence.

Why in the world would Bosh suddenly get the urge to be "the man?" Especially when he's been there done that. He's chillin on South Beach on a super team. What could be better than that?

Bosh leaving to be the man seems like the most realistic way the Heatles break up, and by quite a long way. It wouldn't really surprise me at all.

BKLYNpigeon
02-17-2014, 08:19 PM
why would Melo want to play for Lebrons Team?

bholly
02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
The same reason every player opts out, to secure their next contract at a younger age. 2/$42M for Bosh may seem nice but it's still not as nice as a 4/$90M type deal that he would no doubt be able to secure on the market. Same for Wade, especially since in two years after that $41M he may be in a position where no one wants to pay him depending on how his body ages.

The chances that either opt in are extremely small. LeBron will no doubt be opting out and looking for at worst a very close to max contract and Wade and Bosh will be opting out to secure the last big contract of their careers as well. LeBron isn't leaving Miami, I highly doubt that scenario. He can easily have ring hungry players, like Melo, flock to join him in Miami.

They can also all get no-trade clauses if they opt out and re-sign this summer.

The biggest factor for Bosh is there is no way Miami wants to pay him $18M+ for what role he has ended up playing there. There are other options out there that can fill his roles at a much smaller price point.

I absolutely disagree with that. He's def worth $18m to them.

bholly
02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
why would Melo want to play for Lebrons Team?

Aren't they friends? Same way LBJ and Wade want to play for each other's team and Melo wants people to come and play on the Knicks.

FOXHOUND
02-17-2014, 08:34 PM
I absolutely disagree with that. He's def worth $18m to them.

I do agree that his impact is highly underrated and overlooked, but at the same time they are one of the worst rebounding team in the NBA and their defense this year has fallen off considerably from the past three. With the aging of their old role players, like Battier, their impact is lessening and the flaws of their small ball is being exposed more.

In year one they were 5th in Drating, year two 4th, last year with the small ball being the main factor they dropped back to 9th and this year they have sunk to 15th. But more more alarming about their D is that they allow a eFG% of 51.6%, tied for second worst in the NBA. Since the 3-point shot was implemented no team has won an NBA championship while allowing an eFG% of 50% or more. They are 22nd in DREB%, dead last in OREB% and are 28th in REB differential. These factors are largely impacted by Bosh being their center and with his role being so limited on offense it's just something that can be replaced by a far cheaper player who is better suited to play center.

Or maybe it's even come to a point where they need to move away from small ball, especially having to deal with a team like Indiana, and then it leads them back to some of the issues they had with Bosh at PF? He can't impact the game as much spacing, LeBron at PF has been a large success in many ways and then they have to find a C with no cap space? Either way the writing on the wall is there for me that Bosh won't be in their plans in the future, whether it comes down to price point for his role or them going in a different direction and using that money on a C.

sep11ie
02-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Moron

FOXHOUND
02-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Moron

I'm sorry, was that directed at me? Maybe you can try constructing a full sentence.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2014, 08:48 PM
If you know anything about Riley you know he's going to take care of Bosh. People love to underrate him for some strange reason but he's a big part of what they do.

As far as Melo he doesn't strike me as a "if you can't beat them join them" type of guy. I think the competitor in him would rather beat Lebron then go to his team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-17-2014, 09:00 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jamiecballer
02-17-2014, 09:29 PM
As far as Melo he doesn't strike me as a "if you can't beat them join them" type of guy. I think the competitor in him would rather beat Lebron then go to his team.

he's going to die ringless then unfortunately. this is the way the NBA works now.

having said that, adding Melo without subtracting one of the other 3 makes little sense. as counter-intuitive as it sounds, you don't get better by adding as many all-stars as you can to one team.

kingkenny01
02-17-2014, 09:36 PM
pau gasol would be a better option

Dade County
02-17-2014, 09:38 PM

Lbj at the point.

As long as you know :nod:

Also: enough with the "Heat disrespected basketball and took the coward's way out" routine. You'll never know if the greatest players ever would have done that because they were all always on stacked teams. They had no reason to leave their respective powerhouses. Jordan never had or needed a free agency because he played for one of the best teams of all time. Magic had another top player in Kareem and tons of help, and has openly said he wouldn't have gone to the Bulls if they had gotten the #1 overall pick because he wanted to play with Kareem. Bird was on some of the most stacked Celtics teams ever. Kobe's championship teams were monsters, and the second he didn't have a stacked team and started losing games, he demanded a trade. The point of basketball is to win games and win championships. Carmelo forced his way to New York because of Amar'e Stoudemire and dreams of forming his own super team, so in no way is he "old school." These players have decided to put themselves in the best possible positions to win. You better believe if Oklahoma City falls on hard times and doesn't win a ring soon, Kevin Durant would be out the door as well. History remembers that these players won rings, not that their teams were stacked. If that was the case, we'd have to discredit all dynasties and multiple ring winners for having teams that were "unfair."

:clap:

Tony_Starks
02-17-2014, 09:45 PM
he's going to die ringless then unfortunately. this is the way the NBA works now.

having said that, adding Melo without subtracting one of the other 3 makes little sense. as counter-intuitive as it sounds, you don't get better by adding as many all-stars as you can to one team.

I don't think you have to collude to win a ring. I believe KD will get one eventually. Same with Paul George. And they'd never play with Lebron, they want to beat him. D Rose wouldn't even recruit Lebron, he basically said if he wants to come to my team then let him come.

Now would Melo play with a KD or Kobe? Maybe but that's because they're actually cool off the court like Lebron and Wade, plus they're not rivals.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 09:48 PM

It wasn't, but I loved it.

You kept it 100.

Jamiecballer
02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't think you have to collude to win a ring. I believe KD will get one eventually. Same with Paul George. And they'd never play with Lebron, they want to beat him. D Rose wouldn't even recruit Lebron, he basically said if he wants to come to my team then let him come.

Now would Melo play with a KD or Kobe? Maybe but that's because they're actually cool off the court like Lebron and Wade, plus they're not rivals.

^ i have no idea what this means. and how is what Rose said meaningful? it's not like he said Lebron would not be welcome...

Hawkeye15
02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
seriously doubt this happens at all.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm interested in the actual topic, though. But sorry if my comments about the joke offended you in any way.

No problem.

I don't see this guy winning a ring... If people can't see Melo winning a ring, how could they ever see Pg winning a ring.

He's damn sure not winning it as the 1st option... I can't stand the media with this brain washing ****.

bholly
02-17-2014, 09:57 PM
^You can't be serious. Dude is a superstar and still on his rookie contract. What flaw could you possibly be seeing in his game that suggests he couldn't win a ring?

ATL#22
02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Everyone gets a ring! Rings all around! Rings on the house! Welfare rings!

sep11ie
02-17-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry, was that directed at me? Maybe you can try constructing a full sentence.

Was directed at the OP, not you.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2014, 10:11 PM
^ i have no idea what this means. and how is what Rose said meaningful? it's not like he said Lebron would not be welcome...

How is Melo being cool with Kobe and KD off the court hard to understand? Ok I'll put it another way, they're reportedly friends. They hang out. Just like Wade and Lebron. Sometimes people actually like playing with fellow stars they're cool with. Better?

And Rose not recruiting Lebron is relevant because it shows not every star has the lets team up mentality. Some guys feel like if you want to team up then you come to my team....

Jamiecballer
02-17-2014, 10:13 PM
How is Melo being cool with Kobe and KD off the court hard to understand? Ok I'll put it another way, they're reportedly friends. They hang out. Just like Wade and Lebron. Sometimes people actually like playing with fellow stars they're cool with. Better?

And Rose not recruiting Lebron is relevant because it shows not every star has the lets team up mentality. Some guys feel like if you want to team up then you come to my team....
that's the most ****ed up thing i've heard in a while.

P&GRealist
02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Pau Gasol to the Heat this summer at the center spot, Bosh at PF, LeBron at SF, and Wade at SG

FlakeyFool
02-17-2014, 10:47 PM
sounds logical

DillyDill
02-17-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm from the belief that any and everything is POSSIBLE. I didn't think the first Big 3 would form and it happened. So whats stopping a Fantastic 4?

cssdmark
02-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Where is Darko when you need him.

slashsnake
02-17-2014, 11:11 PM
I just don't see how Melo would help the team. He is an extraordinary Iso scorer. Not really a pressing need of the heat. Bosh, Wade, and Lebron all have those abilities. They are top 8 in the NBA without a push push push offense. #1 in FG percentage. Sure, in the post, he'd be a nice addition, but that's about it. He is an ok rebounder as a 4, Lebron is as well. Not really providing anything new there, just a good 3 boarding, ok 4. He is an awful defender. Don't try to sugar coat that. When was the last time he took a charge? When was the last time he wasn't caught on a back door trying to go for a steal. It is NOT a strength. Add in he doesn't help an offense move the ball in any way.

He has strengths which I think could fit a contending team. I just think his strengths are not a big need for Miami, and his weaknesses open up holes they don't currently have. I just think that for a team which can get bargain deals on other players, there's a lot better way to spend their money.

The heat adding Melo is like buying a Ferrarri as a 2nd car when you have a Lambroghini in your garage. Sure it looks really nice in the garage. But if your car's weakness is driving around in snow, saving gas, and hauling the family around, it doesn't really improve your situation, and you could probably spend your money better.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 11:26 PM
^You can't be serious. Dude is a superstar and still on his rookie contract. What flaw could you possibly be seeing in his game that suggests he couldn't win a ring?

Well the 2nd time I stated his not winning a ring, I said as the number 1 option. And he is not on his rookie contract.

I believe Pg praise is mostly media hype... You know when the league wants to give the perception that their is another star in the league; they did the same with Rose, but Rose is actually phenomenal.

Just think back to what true star players are like, and you should start to put the pieces together. Pg is an up and coming star player, he is not a superstar and it's not even up for debate.

Right now there is two super stars in the league, Lbj & KD.

bholly
02-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Well the 2nd time I stated his not winning a ring, I said as the number 1 option. And he is not on his rookie contract.

I believe Pg praise is mostly media hype... You know when the league wants to give the perception that their is another star in the league; they did the same with Rose, but Rose is actually phenomenal.

Just think back to what true star players are like, and you should start to put the pieces together. Pg is an up and coming star player, he is not a superstar and it's not even up for debate.

Right now there is two super stars in the league, Lbj & KD.

Okay, sure, define superstar more narrowly and there's less of them. Whatever. But he's right now at the level of a perennial All Star who will also get All NBA nods. He's that good.

He also is still on his rookie contract - it's his 4th year and he's on $3.3m. His extension doesn't kick in until next year.

But anyway, the question I asked was what flaws do you see in his game that make him not that good to you?
"Think back to what true stars are like" and "I believe it's media hype" aren't answers to that (and, fwiw, many of us where on him before there was media hype). I'm looking at it, and I don't see whatever it is you see that's wrong with him, so I'm asking you to tell me. Please. What, specifically, don't you like about his game?

NBA_Starter
02-17-2014, 11:35 PM
This is one of those things that sounds good but I don't know, maybe if D Wade retires.

justinnum1
02-17-2014, 11:43 PM
I hope not. Melo is a loser, not a winner.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Wade is not worth 14mill.

Dade County
02-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Okay, sure, define superstar more narrowly and there's less of them. Whatever. But he's right now at the level of a perennial All Star who will also get All NBA nods. He's that good.

He also is still on his rookie contract - it's his 4th year and he's on $3.3m. His extension doesn't kick in until next year.

But anyway, the question I asked was what flaws do you see in his game that make him not that good to you?
"Think back to what true stars are like" and "I believe it's media hype" aren't answers to that (and, fwiw, many of us where on him before there was media hype). I'm looking at it, and I don't see whatever it is you see that's wrong with him, so I'm asking you to tell me. Please. What, specifically, don't you like about his game?

It's not that I don't like his game (I don't favor it), I just don't consider him one of the top players in the league talent wise/skill wise (his athletic).

He has worked on his mid range game... But as anyone can see, the Pacers are letting him shoot anytime he wants to (growing pains of creating a star player), even if it disrupts the offensive flow of the team. His not a pure scorer, but the Pacers treat him that way (and the refs blow the whistle for him).

He's not tops in, handles, pull up jumpers, fade aways, pick and pop... He can drive to the basket (but that doesn't mean he is a very good finisher at the rim). His game is still growing, I just don't consider him a super star type of player, but that doesn't mean he is not an upcoming star. And yes, we all know that he plays defense.

I don't no what you want me to add.

Man, here is whats going on... Paul has athletic talent and his young... The Pacers and the league are trying to capitalize on how good the Pacers were built; but the only thing the Pacers was missing was a star player. insert Paul face.

FlashBolt
02-18-2014, 01:49 AM

Silly you. The league back then wasn't stacked. Nowadays, you need stacked teams to win. Point blank. You can't win with one superstar and a good cast. It just rarely happens these days because the league has caught up in terms of talent.

Cal827
02-18-2014, 01:52 AM
The funniest thing is that I've actually seen Melo move to the Heat in Video Games....

It's pretty sad, that this actually might be possible, but I would think that Miami would try to at least keep two of the three, then use the extra cap space to build around them (E.g. If they hold onto Bosh and Wade, then focus on maybe grabbing a PG who might be on the market (Lowry maybe) and a Defensive C in the market or for trade).

As for the question: The Knicks aren't going anywhere, unless they are able to somehow fool someone into taking some of their trash and sending back goods.... like they have been trying (and failing) to do with Lowry lol

smood999
02-18-2014, 02:10 AM

you get it...wish others did too instead of saying things like "_______ will never win a ring"

smood999
02-18-2014, 02:11 AM
I hope not. Melo is a loser, not a winner.

you don't get it

smood999
02-18-2014, 02:17 AM
my favorite example is with Kobe and Iverson. We've seen what happened to Kobe led teams without Shaq/Gasol and Bynum...they were much like Iverson teams...I'm certain Iverson's legacy would've been much different if he played with Shaq...ppl just don't get that.

I made a post about how 6 players (MJ, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, LBJ) own all of the last 24 championships, except 2, and that's the reality of it. If your team doesn't draft that one player or aren't fortunate enough to pair him with other greats, the team realistically has no shot. Who you play with has every much to do with it as who you are as a player.....

slashsnake
02-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Silly you. The league back then wasn't stacked. Nowadays, you need stacked teams to win. Point blank. You can't win with one superstar and a good cast. It just rarely happens these days because the league has caught up in terms of talent.

Not sure what you are talking about here. In the 80's the Lakers had 5+ HOFers on their roster and so did the Celtics. How are those not stacked teams? Kareem, Magic, McAdoo, Wilkes, Worthy. Parish, McHale, Bird, Archibald, Cowens, Dennis Johnson, Artis Gilmore...

Who else won then? The 76ers got one. Two all timers. Dr J and Moses Malone. And three guys who were multiple time all stars Maurice Cheeks, Bobby Jones (older, more like Ray Allen now), and Andrew Toney.

The Pistons got a couple as the Lakers/Celtics were getting older. And they had a group of talent. Dantley, Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Rodman, and a group of excellent defenders.

I'd say all of those teams has a lot more talent than Miami. Definitely deeper, and groups of guys on par with Bosh/Wade the past couple years.

slashsnake
02-18-2014, 02:25 AM
my favorite example is with Kobe and Iverson. We've seen what happened to Kobe led teams without Shaq/Gasol and Bynum...they were much like Iverson teams...I'm certain Iverson's legacy would've been much different if he played with Shaq...ppl just don't get that.

I made a post about how 6 players (MJ, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, LBJ) own all of the last 24 championships, except 2, and that's the reality of it. If your team doesn't draft that one player or aren't fortunate enough to pair him with other greats, the team realistically has no shot. Who you play with has every much to do with it as who you are as a player.....

I think the cream would rise to the top. I think Kobe had a little more dedication to things like leadership, practice, and defense to win.

But you are dead on. One superstar makes a huge difference in the NBA. Look at Cleveland. Horribly run, set the record for the most consecutive losses the second Lebron left. And they were a friggin title contender with him there.

PraiseJesus
02-18-2014, 02:32 AM
What if Melo goes to Heat with Wade and Bosh

Then LeBron goes elsewhere

I think that would be better for everyone involved

Dade County
02-18-2014, 02:34 AM

Who are you...?

Did you time travel from the future to save us all :worthy:

This...

I have been thinking about this... I know most HEAT fans hate this, but I don't; I can see the HEAT winning a title with that team, depending on where Lbj goes.

But most people will call me crazy :shrug:

effen5
02-18-2014, 11:11 AM
I've already stopped watching the nba it's been one of the worst seasons I've witnessed in a long time. If this happened, the nba won't be the number 2 sport anymore. It's already slipping as we speak.

Slug3
02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
I've already stopped watching the nba it's been one of the worst seasons I've witnessed in a long time. If this happened, the nba won't be the number 2 sport anymore. It's already slipping as we speak.

I don't think the nba is even the number 2 sport now.

FlashBolt
02-18-2014, 12:26 PM

......? So you just comment on NBA forums but not watch NBA?

effen5
02-18-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't think the nba is even the number 2 sport now.

I won't disagree the product is garbage with few superstars and even less talent.

effen5
02-18-2014, 12:30 PM
......? So you just comment on NBA forums but not watch NBA?

I lurk in the forums but I haven't really watched a game in a few months outside of the bulls, and even then I watch the bulls here and there.

Slug3
02-18-2014, 12:40 PM
I won't disagree the product is garbage with few superstars and even less talent.

I didn't mean it as the NBA is garbage. I just think the MLB popularity wise is ahead of it and there might even be another sport or 2 in America that might be more popular.

effen5
02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
I didn't mean it as the NBA is garbage. I just think the MLB popularity wise is ahead of it and there might even be another sport or 2 in America that might be more popular.
The nba isn't garbage but the product they have out there is. And don't forget about the NHL it's popularity is also starting to rise as well and their product right now is fantastic.

Jazzgear
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM

Agreed. That's why every Miami championship of the Lebron era has an asterisk next to it.

PhillyFaninLA
02-18-2014, 12:50 PM
And if they all take $3 mil you can add Rose, Dwight, Curry, and Durant

PhillyFaninLA
02-18-2014, 12:52 PM

yeah because almost every NBA championship ever wasn't on a stacked deep team...learn your history

Tony_Starks
02-18-2014, 01:13 PM
And if they all take $3 mil you can add Rose, Dwight, Curry, and Durant

If those players went to play with Lebron they would instantly be called overrated and not that good.

koreancabbage
02-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Agreed. That's why every Miami championship of the Lebron era has an asterisk next to it.

by who?

koreancabbage
02-18-2014, 01:22 PM
If those players went to play with Lebron they would instantly be called overrated and not that good.

well Rose and Dwight are already overrated. Curry and Durant are not.

I mean, who do you call on the Heat, overrated?

TheIlladelph16
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
If you know anything about Riley you know he's going to take care of Bosh. People love to underrate him for some strange reason but he's a big part of what they do.

When did people suddenly forget Melo forced his way to NY to literally to what Lebron, Wade and Bosh did? This was only like 4 years ago. Jesus Christ, the "old-school" crap with him needs to stop because its clearly fans projecting what they want to see onto him.

KnickaBocka.44
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
When did people suddenly forget Melo forced his way to NY to literally to what Lebron, Wade and Bosh did? This was only like 4 years ago. Jesus Christ, the "old-school" crap with him needs to stop because its clearly fans projecting what they want to see onto him.

All this means is that he knew he had to get some serious help to compete with the Heat.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2014, 01:38 PM

First off he's a NY guy, so going there wasn't just about basketball. Secondly it wasn't to form a super team, in fact they gave up some of their best young talent to get him. Apples and oranges...

Dade County
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
First off he's a NY guy, so going there wasn't just about basketball. Secondly it wasn't to form a super team, in fact they gave up some of their best young talent to get him. Apples and oranges...

Melo did want to forma super team... Cp3, Melo & stat.

Here is what I think will happen. Melo will find away on the Clippers or Houston. If Melo ends up in Houston, harden will be traded the following off season (after the rockets get bounced out of the playoffs, and the media brings up, Harden & Melo combo doesn't work). Yes harden is younger, but through back channels, Cp3 people, would have made it clear, to Houston that he wants in. The Clippers would gladly take Harden, in a secret back door trade.

Enter rumors of Cp3 getting traded to Houston... Cp3, Melo, Howard; this is the big 3 that can take over a league. I would love to see this also.

And count down to Houston fans & Clipper fans jumping all over me.

TheIlladelph16
02-18-2014, 02:01 PM
All this means is that he knew he had to get some serious help to compete with the Heat.

No. This means that he did exactly what everyone who's calling him "old-school" and "not the 'if you can't beat em, join em' type" is saying he wouldn't do. They are projecting their nonsense on Melo so they can justify having a stupid opinion about how the Heat were formed.

He went there with the intention of partnering with Amare and CP3. I'll have some of whatever you're smoking that makes you think that wasn't going to be considered a super team.

IDGAF if he is from NY or not. That was about playing in a bigger market so he could team up with his boys.

KnickaBocka.44
02-18-2014, 02:03 PM
No. This means that he did exactly what everyone who's calling him "old-school" and "not the 'if you can't beat em, join em' type" is saying he wouldn't do. They are projecting their nonsense on Melo so they can justify having a stupid opinion about how the Heat were formed.

He went there with the intention of partnering with Amare and CP3. I'll have some of whatever you're smoking that makes you think that wasn't going to be considered a super team.

IDGAF if he is from NY or not. That was about playing in a bigger market so he could team up with his boys.

Being apart of another big 3 is not the same as a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality. It would be called "do what you have to to try and beat them"

NoahH
02-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Being apart of another big 3 is not the same as a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality. It would be called "do what you have to to try and beat them"

By that same logic then Lebron, Wade and Bosh didn't make the big 3 out of a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality" it was also out of a "do what you have to try to do to beat them" mentality towards the Boston Celtics big 3.

Not saying you're wrong, but everyone is saying Melo did it the traditional way when you can easily make the same argument for the Heat

Tony_Starks
02-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Melo isn't coming to Lebrons team. Everyone knows they've been in competition since coming out of the same draft class. This isn't like Wade who already had a ring and finals mvp without Lebron and had nothing else to prove.

Melo just as recently as last week spoke about taking less money to get someone to come to HIS team.

Aust
02-18-2014, 04:33 PM
el oh el

Jamiecballer
02-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Melo isn't coming to Lebrons team. Everyone knows they've been in competition since coming out of the same draft class. This isn't like Wade who already had a ring and finals mvp without Lebron and had nothing else to prove.

Melo just as recently as last week spoke about taking less money to get someone to come to HIS team.

only in your world is that not the same. only in your world.

numba1CHANGsta
02-18-2014, 04:50 PM
I knew a Heat fan would post this...to be honest idc Miami seems to want to sign everyone, they need talent to win championships, this is why I don't consider them one of the best team's all time or a dynasty. People need to stop giving Pat Riley all of this credit, what is he doing that no average NBA fan wouldn't do? Anyone can sign all-star players. I have respect for Melo, but if he wants to sell his soul too then so be it

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Melo did want to forma super team... Cp3, Melo & stat.

Here is what I think will happen. Melo will find away on the Clippers or Houston. If Melo ends up in Houston, harden will be traded the following off season (after the rockets get bounced out of the playoffs, and the media brings up, Harden & Melo combo doesn't work). Yes harden is younger, but through back channels, Cp3 people, would have made it clear, to Houston that he wants in. The Clippers would gladly take Harden, in a secret back door trade.

Enter rumors of Cp3 getting traded to Houston... Cp3, Melo, Howard; this is the big 3 that can take over a league. I would love to see this also.

And count down to Houston fans & Clipper fans jumping all over me.

lol

Dade County
02-18-2014, 06:42 PM
I knew a Heat fan would post this...to be honest idc Miami seems to want to sign everyone, they need talent to win championships, this is why I don't consider them one of the best team's all time or a dynasty. People need to stop giving Pat Riley all of this credit, what is he doing that no average NBA fan wouldn't do? Anyone can sign all-star players. I have respect for Melo, but if he wants to sell his soul too then so be it

Then please tell me who do you consider is one of the best teams/dynasties of all time?...

And after you answer here is my response :laugh:
they need talent to win championships, this is why I don't consider them one of the best team's all time or a dynasty. ... Isn't that 99.9% of dynasties?

Cracka2HI!
02-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Where is Darko when you need him.LOL! Seriously!

KnickaBocka.44
02-18-2014, 07:12 PM
By that same logic then Lebron, Wade and Bosh didn't make the big 3 out of a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality" it was also out of a "do what you have to try to do to beat them" mentality towards the Boston Celtics big 3.

Not saying you're wrong, but everyone is saying Melo did it the traditional way when you can easily make the same argument for the Heat

Different situations man. The Celtics traded for their big 3 on draft night, whereas these 3 guys just decided to team up themselves in their prime.

TheIlladelph16
02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
I'll never understand the mentality behind free agents joining together in free agency somehow being worse than being traded into the same situation. In Garnett/Allen and Melo's cases, they all had a hand in exactly where they ended up.

justinnum1
02-18-2014, 09:35 PM
I lurk in the forums but I haven't really watched a game in a few months outside of the bulls, and even then I watch the bulls here and there.

It's hard to enjoy the game when your best player is injury riddled, and your team isn't going anywhere.

Kushed
02-18-2014, 09:38 PM

Lmao I love when people bring this up and act like superstars have never played together before

numba1CHANGsta
02-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Then please tell me who do you consider is one of the best teams/dynasties of all time?...

And after you answer here is my response :laugh: ... Isn't that 99.9% of dynasties?

60's Celtics, 80's Lakers, 90's Bulls, 00's Lakers, the Heat will be nowhere near those teams. And i worded that wrong I meant to say all-stars, I mean come on the Heat won championships on a lockout season and were a 3 pointer away from Allen from losing to the Spurs and this is the fact that they have 3 all stars, 3 future HOF's and a ton load of role players that some of them don't even get to play.

Kushed
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM

Why would he take less money? Because the dude doesn't care about about a few extra million on his contract when he's one of the highest paid athletes in the world and will continue to be even after he retires. Some of you act like the only way NBA players make money nowadays is through a contract lol....

3RDASYSTEM
02-18-2014, 09:55 PM
60's Celtics, 80's Lakers, 90's Bulls, 00's Lakers, the Heat will be nowhere near those teams. And i worded that wrong I meant to say all-stars, I mean come on the Heat won championships on a lockout season and were a 3 pointer away from Allen from losing to the Spurs and this is the fact that they have 3 all stars, 3 future HOF's and a ton load of role players that some of them don't even get to play.

60's CELTS had like 6 HOF players so that is over teaming up with all stars, so the HEAT are going for possible 4 finals in a row and maybe more and don't have a chance to be better than those teams mentioned? and RILEY isn't done possibly putting together a new revamped big 3/4?

let me see here according to you the 60s CELTICS didn't have that almost losing moment when 'HAVLICEK stole the ball'? was that not a ray allen bailout type moment for RUSSELL? how about TRAGIC MAGIC? did he not cost them a title which could have put him at 6 overall and ALCINDOR at 7? how come MAGIC didn't get bailed out in 91' finals vs JORDAN? How come paxson saved JORDAN in 93' finals? how come KUKOC saved JORDAN vs pacers in 98' ecf?

you guys sound stupid ridiculous with this 'BRON got bailed out by ALLEN' ********, what a ******** cliché to keep saying over and over when I provide proof it happened to the psd and media GOAT.........JORDAN, and others like MAGIC and so on, didn't AVERY JOHNSON bail out DUNCAN/DROB when he sealed it with those jumpers? I mean c'mon get your head out the ground and pay attention, and if you are super young then do some studying/research on the nba game to know what actually happens in the playoffs where the ultimate sign of team play comes into effect

did POWE/PJ BROWN bail out DOC/KG/PIERCE in playoffs/finals? see what I mean, did ATL bail out C's in 08' 1st rd series that went 7? c'mon get your head out the ground and do some research then speak

Master Mind
02-18-2014, 10:00 PM
It's not happening. Someone lock this thread

Chrisclover
02-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Wet dream. Somebody will clamor to veto it i suppose ...

Hellcrooner
02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
then add pierce dirk, and pau signing for a vet sminimum contract each.
:facepalm:

Dade County
02-18-2014, 10:14 PM
60's CELTS had like 6 HOF players so that is over teaming up with all stars, so the HEAT are going for possible 4 finals in a row and maybe more and don't have a chance to be better than those teams mentioned? and RILEY isn't done possibly putting together a new revamped big 3/4?

let me see here according to you the 60s CELTICS didn't have that almost losing moment when 'HAVLICEK stole the ball'? was that not a ray allen bailout type moment for RUSSELL? how about TRAGIC MAGIC? did he not cost them a title which could have put him at 6 overall and ALCINDOR at 7? how come MAGIC didn't get bailed out in 91' finals vs JORDAN? How come paxson saved JORDAN in 93' finals? how come KUKOC saved JORDAN vs pacers in 98' ecf?

you guys sound stupid ridiculous with this 'BRON got bailed out by ALLEN' ********, what a ******** cliché to keep saying over and over when I provide proof it happened to the psd and media GOAT.........JORDAN, and others like MAGIC and so on, didn't AVERY JOHNSON bail out DUNCAN/DROB when he sealed it with those jumpers? I mean c'mon get your head out the ground and pay attention, and if you are super young then do some studying/research on the nba game to know what actually happens in the playoffs where the ultimate sign of team play comes into effect

did POWE/PJ BROWN bail out DOC/KG/PIERCE in playoffs/finals? see what I mean, did ATL bail out C's in 08' 1st rd series that went 7? c'mon get your head out the ground and do some research then speak

Someone should sig this... Good post.

Shlumpledink
02-18-2014, 10:17 PM
He should do it, why not just get all the big names onto one team? Get Kobe over there and have him play point guard. Why not?

FlashBolt
02-19-2014, 12:58 AM
People say LeBron has a stacked team but if they lose this year, they're going to blame LeBron for not doing enough to carry his team.

Kushed
02-19-2014, 01:06 AM
People say LeBron has a stacked team but if they lose this year, they're going to blame LeBron for not doing enough to carry his team.

Its funny really.. I mean its laughable. There are better teams than the Heat. Thats what I don't understand. Just because they have some of the top players in the league doesn't mean they are structured the best, because they aren't. There are deeper teams, there are bigger teams, LeBron just happens to be that good that he can single handedly beat anybody. Wade is unbelievably overrated at this point in his career. People still act like he's a top 5-7 player in the league and he just isn't. Bosh is extremely overrated as well.

But because these guys have the "superstar" titles it means there team is supposedly stacked?? Look at the Clippers. They are WAY deeper but for whatever reason people give the heat ****.

Its funny really.

Baller1
02-19-2014, 01:13 AM
This will never happen.

Baller1
02-19-2014, 01:13 AM
Wet dream. Somebody will clamor to veto it i suppose ...

If it were a free agent signing, there'd be nothing anyone could do about it.

Chrisclover
02-19-2014, 01:19 AM
If it were a free agent signing, there'd be nothing anyone could do about it.
But a lot of Heat haters of the NBA owners may whine and ask for some kind of intervention

Baller1
02-19-2014, 01:23 AM
But a lot of Heat haters of the NBA owners may whine and ask for some kind of intervention

Yeah true, but I'm not so sure if would matter. I don't think there's a chance in hell this happens anyway.

Chrisclover
02-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Yeah true, but I'm not so sure if would matter. I don't think there's a chance in hell this happens anyway.
I remember that there are some restrictions that players are not allowed to contact each other during some period of time,which ,if i am not mistaken, is before July when the market opens .Therefore , it is not easy for LBJ ,wade ,bosh and Melo to reach a consensus that they all sacrifice some money to establish a dynasty before the FA market opens.They may be lured by bigger contracts offered by other teams