PDA

View Full Version : Does this performance by Kyrie re-open the door for LeBron back to Cleveland?

Kushed
02-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Yes yes yes it was the all star game, I get it.

But Wade is declining real fast and Bosh just isn't enough for LeBron to keep winning titles with how stacked this league is becoming.

Kyrie and LeBron seemed to mesh together fantastically even though the consensus was that they couldn't because LeBron needs to dominate the ball.

But I think LeBron could become a force beyond imaginable with someone who could CREATE for him.

Tonight showed that. Top it off with the fact that Kyrie is a rising super star and LeBron would still love to bring a title to Cleveland, does this game do anything to make bron think about heading back home?

KniCks4LiFe
02-17-2014, 02:14 AM
if anything it opens up Kyrie to NY or Miami.

WITZ
02-17-2014, 02:17 AM

http://images.rapgenius.com/cb0a4a325eeed30dc886eeb7dc5322ba.300x196x103.gif

Nick O
02-17-2014, 02:18 AM
i know you said it in your post. i see it up there.. but its impossible to stress how little an ASG game means. it means nothing.. at all.. having a good game in an ASG is like having a good game at the park with your friends. in fact more defense is probably played at the park.

Arch Stanton
No it doesn't. I doubt LeBron leaves Miami.

Nick O
Lebron+Bosh > Lebron+Irving. imo

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Nope

shep33
02-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Honestly don't see any chance of him going back there.

RipCity32
02-17-2014, 02:35 AM
I could see LeBron going back to Cleveland when Hes in his late 30s and just wants to retire there. He's not going to spend the elite part of his career in Cleveland,OH though.

beasted86
02-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Yes it does!

Like seriously it's that the response you were expecting? Let's forget Dan Gilbert, let's forget the Cavs can't make the playoffs in this depleted Eastern conference, let's forget the terrible drafting, forget Mike Brown's putrid offensive coaching, forget how bad the locker room had been around Irving with alleged fist fights, and forget the fickle fans burning his jersey and jeers every time he returns...

But he wants to definitely go back there now because of all-star game MVP Kyrie Irving!

Kashmir13579
02-17-2014, 02:38 AM
lmfao

mjt20mik
02-17-2014, 02:41 AM
it means nothing.. the all-star game means nothing

Kushed
02-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Yes it does!

Like seriously it's that the response you were expecting? Let's forget Dan Gilbert, let's forget the Cavs can't make the playoffs in this depleted Eastern conference, let's forget the terrible drafting, forget Mike Brown's putrid offensive coaching, forget how bad the locker room had been around Irving with alleged fist fights, and forget the fickle fans burning his jersey and jeers every time he returns...

But he wants to definitely go back there now because of all-star game MVP Kyrie Irving!

Where did I say he "definitely" wants to go back there?

I asked a simple question if it would make LeBron think about it at all?

Pipe the **** down you child.

sep11ie
02-17-2014, 02:47 AM
******** OP'S start strong in the '14

ThaDubs
02-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Where did I say he "definitely" wants to go back there?

I asked a simple question if it would make LeBron think about it at all?

Pipe the **** down you child.

Lol he completely /thread'ed that **** you're butthurt

John Walls Era
02-17-2014, 02:52 AM
I trust Riley more than the Cavs frontoffice.

mdm692
02-17-2014, 03:02 AM
I trust Riley more than the Cavs frontoffice.

This. But it could happen though. The Cavs just need a new FO, new coach and a new owner but yeah it's definitely doable lol.

Kushed
02-17-2014, 03:07 AM
I'll make sure to keep this thread saved so when he goes back there I can pull it up and shove it down these dudes throats

ThaDubs
02-17-2014, 03:17 AM
I'll make sure to keep this thread saved so when he goes back there I can pull it up and shove it down these dudes throats

o

Arch Stanton
02-17-2014, 03:36 AM
Yes it does!

A little overboard but to be expected from you... I thought the only fickle fans existed in Miami when they left the arena early during a playoff game... You must of been leading that charge! Even Barkley called you and the lame fans of Miami out... Not surprised... Keep trolling in all these Cavs related threads.

Hawkeye15
02-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Hell no.

goku
02-17-2014, 03:40 AM
No

ThaDubs
02-17-2014, 03:40 AM
A little overboard but to be expected from you... I thought the only fickle fans existed in Miami when they left the arena early during a playoff game... You must of been leading that charge! Even Barkley called you and the lame fans of Miami out... Not surprised... Keep trolling in all these Cavs related threads.

He's still right though.

Arch Stanton
02-17-2014, 03:41 AM
He's still right though.

With what hyperbole?

goku
02-17-2014, 03:41 AM
no one wants to play in Cleveland why would LeBron go back and be stuck in mediocrity

ThaDubs
02-17-2014, 03:48 AM
With what hyperbole?

Just Cleveland doesn't seem like an ideal place for LeBron to go to rn.

j-bay
02-17-2014, 03:56 AM
I would say no but not because of Irving. The Cavs are a mess right now.

jsthornton7
02-17-2014, 03:59 AM
Yes it does!

This.

Talk about an overreaction. LMAO.

Clippersfan86
02-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Um... DUH! Now Lebron sees that there is a true superstar superior to prime Wade in Cleveland that can carry him to a championship. Every single player who has won an All Star MVP has gone on to the HOF! He showed the world that he's a top 5 player in the NBA and better than prime Steve Nash.

5ass
02-17-2014, 04:15 AM
Yea. Lebron is going to do the impossible and bring a championship to cleveland.

ThaDubs
02-17-2014, 04:16 AM
Um... DUH! Now Lebron sees that there is a true superstar superior to prime Wade in Cleveland that can carry him to a championship. Every single player who has won an All Star MVP has gone on to the HOF! He showed the world that he's a top 5 player in the NBA and better than prime Steve Nash.

Dood he could honestly be the next Magic Johnson, but shorter and with better handles and jumpshot. Like, cause, like, cause, like all-star MVP is pretty much = to 5 time champ / GOAT / giant penis / 44 ppg on 70% TS. Also, he's australian, and like, australians just win MVPs and stuff. And then like, yeah.

TylerSL
02-17-2014, 04:41 AM
You guys can speculate about this all you want, but Lebron is gonna spend at least 1 more contract in Miami. Riley is going to continue to put pieces around Lebron and company, and the organization is going to monitor Wade for the rest of his career to keep him fresh for when he is needed most. Bosh is Miami-lifer as he loves winning and has built a family here. With those guys on board all sorts of role players are going to be itching for a chance to play for Miami after the likes of Allen/Battier/Bird retire.

I'm not gonna sit here and say Miami is gonna win the title every year, but as long as the core remains healthy they have a chance to do what only a few teams have ever done.

Slug3
02-17-2014, 05:05 AM
Lebron with the coach and FO will not be gong to the Cavs.

Denver-boy
02-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Cleveland needed to trade for Melo or K-love. for him to even ponder the idea. without that, its now the question if Irving wants to stay IMO

Lebron going to clippers is Higher IMO

rex.reyesiii
02-17-2014, 06:17 AM
Well that game made me want to... want Noah go to Miami if possible.

FreakaNashur
02-17-2014, 06:24 AM
Lol...is he going to take bosh with him? if so, then yes.

FreakaNashur
02-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Well that game made me want to... want Noah go to Miami if possible.
I was thinking the same..lmao. Noah would fit the Heat culture right away

WARRIORS@GR
02-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Um... DUH! Now Lebron sees that there is a true superstar superior to prime Wade in Cleveland that can carry him to a championship. Every single player who has won an All Star MVP has gone on to the HOF! He showed the world that he's a top 5 player in the NBA and better than prime Steve Nash.:clap:

bholly
02-17-2014, 12:06 PM
I don't think he's going back either, but for all the reasoning about Gilbert and Brown and bad drafting and locker room trouble, you have to also factor in that he'd expect most of that to change if he went back there, and he absolutely seems like he feels bad about the situation and could be the type of guy to try to make amends. You can list Cavs problems all day, but it doesn't change that he still cares about the place and spends time there, and that's he's spoken before about wondering (early on) if he'd made the right choice, suggesting he feels bad about the impact it had on them. Again, I don't think he's going back, but "Gilbert, Brown, drafting, locker room, and therefore it's completely ridiculous" misses a big part of the equation.

As to the OP's question, no I think it makes absolutely no difference.

KnicksorBust
02-17-2014, 12:14 PM
An All-Star Game MVP for Kyrie Irving has literally 0 impact on LeBron's desire to stay or leave Miami. The only thing that could drastically change his mind would be a complete implosion by the Heat in the playoffs (Ex: Wade can barely play and they lose in a shocker to Brooklyn before the ECF). Even in that scenario I think LeBron would be motivated to avenge his loss and stay.

RCarlson85
02-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Oh my gosh, it was an all-star game. It means absoultely nothing that Kyrie played well or that he and Lebron played well together. It's not a sign and it doesn't open the door to anything. Did you see the final score of the game? It's easy to look good and play well when there isn't any defense being played and the outcome of the game doesn't matter.

FlashBolt
02-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Lol. An All-Star game in which there was no defense. This only proved that Kyrie is good but not good enough to carry that Cleveland squad.

kingkenny01
02-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Lebron is not staying in Miami because of wade's knees and he not going to Cleveland because it is a mess right now. Isnt is obvious he is going to the nfl lol

rapsjaysfan88
02-17-2014, 01:10 PM
grasping at straws here a bit....

LOOTERX9
02-17-2014, 02:45 PM
No one voluntarily moves to "leave-land". So that being said lbj is not moving from nice sunny miami just to move back to the horrid city of "leave-land"

THE MTL
02-17-2014, 02:50 PM
I think it opens the door for Kyrie Irving to leave Cleveland if anything.

bucketss
02-17-2014, 03:09 PM
he has no respect for himself if he joins a team with dan gilbert at the helm .

KnickaBocka.44
02-17-2014, 03:13 PM
This won't bring anyone to Cleveland.

Yanks All Day
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
No it does not. In fact, I believe it is the opposite way around. All it showed me was that Kyrie can excel on teams with other great players and will likely leave Cleveland when he gets the chance. He hasn't played that well during the regular season and has to be frustrated by the lack of talent around him. There's no chance LeBron goes back to Cleveland right now during his prime years. Maybe he'll sign a 2 year deal to finish his career where it started.

LeBron isn't going anywhere that won't give him a chance to win multiple rings. That means he'll either stay in Miami, make his way to the Clippers, or give the Bulls a chance. Honestly, I think the Clippers have the best setting for long-term success, but could just as easily see him staying with the Heat. Kyrie is a great player and is only 21, but LeBron and Kyrie and nothing else won't win anything in Cleveland. LeBron wants rings and Kyrie wants great teammates. That just won't happen with the Cavaliers.

P&GRealist
02-17-2014, 03:34 PM
NBA fans are the dumbest. They're like the Randy Marsh's of sports fans.

Heediot
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
I think his place in history is iced even without more rings as long as he keeps up the production. Just go back home and try to win one for the home town.

BALLER R
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
No one can have any respect for lebron is he goes back to the cavs with their current owner. If anything Kyrie has more reasons to leave cleveland and join a star somewhere else.

Schulte212
02-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Heat fans sound like Cavs fans circa May 2010. Completely in denial about LeBron's impending departure. He is not staying in Miami folks--not with a crippled Wade and Chris "scoreless in Game 7" Bosh. He might not end up in Cleveland, but Heat fans are setting themselves up to be burned like Cavs fans in 2010.

If the Cavs make the playoffs, they have as good a chance as anyone to sign LeBron when he opts out. That's a big if, but they've won four in a row, Kyrie is playing great, and they are only 3 games out.

P&GRealist
02-17-2014, 03:39 PM
I think his place in history is iced even without more rings as long as he keeps up the production. Just go back home and try to win one for the home town.
Or he can think about the franchise that did so much for him and surrounded him with the players to help him win 2 chips?

And do the right think by remaining in Miami for the rest of his career. He owes Riley that much.

Schulte212
02-17-2014, 03:42 PM
No one can have any respect for lebron is he goes back to the cavs with their current owner. If anything Kyrie has more reasons to leave cleveland and join a star somewhere else.

Don't understand the Dan Gilbert hate. LeBron embarrassed the city on national television. It wasn't as if he just left like a normal free agent. Gilbert said what most people were thinking. Now that the tarnish of the "decision" has worn off, people point fingers at the Cavs owner as if he did something morally wrong. Stupid.

Schulte212
02-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Or he can think about the franchise that did so much for him and surrounded him with the players to help him win 2 chips?

And do the right think by remaining in Miami for the rest of his career. He owes Riley that much.

LOL just like Cavs fans in 2010 saying that LeBron owed it to them to stick it out because they poured their heart, soul, and affection into the team--that he meant so much to the city, he couldn't possibly leave. You gonna get burned just like they did. Same thing; different city.

P&GRealist
02-17-2014, 03:52 PM
LOL just like Cavs fans in 2010 saying that LeBron owed it to them to stick it out because they poured their heart, soul, and affection into the team--that he meant so much to the city, he couldn't possibly leave. You gonna get burned just like they did. Same thing; different city.
Arison and Riley have done a lot for LeBron both personally and professionally. The Windhorsts, Windermans, Wallaces and Haberstrohs of the media and the rest of ESPNMiami have well protected LeBron for the greater part of 4 yrs. He has his Olympic and 03 draft class butt buddies with him. Mentally, everything is accommodated for LeBron.

If he leaves Miami, it's clear the guy is more about his own brand. You look at the top 10 players to ever play, and they are both brand guys and franchise guys. LeBron, if he leaves Miami, will solely be a brand guy.

Schulte212
02-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Arison and Riley have done a lot for LeBron both personally and professionally. The Windhorsts, Windermans, Wallaces and Haberstrohs of the media and the rest of ESPNMiami have well protected LeBron for the greater part of 4 yrs. He has his Olympic and 03 draft class butt buddies with him. Mentally, everything is accommodated for LeBron.

If he leaves Miami, it's clear the guy is more about his own brand. You look at the top 10 players to ever play, and they are both brand guys and franchise guys. LeBron, if he leaves Miami, will solely be a brand guy.

Agree 100%. I just think it is clear by now that LeBron is, in fact, solely interested in the propagation of his own "brand." His loyalty is to himself--not to a team. I'm not trying to pass judgment on him for this...just simply stating what I perceive.

As great a LeBron is, the Heat need to revamp their roster for LeBron to choose to stay. The truth of the matter is that Wade and Bosh are no longer the Wade and Bosh of four years ago. He had friends on the Cavs roster too . . . the Cavs won a ton of regular seasons games . . . but he still left. If James thinks he has a better shot to win elsewhere, he's gone. Since I think he does, in fact, have a better shot to win elsewhere over the next handful of seasons, I think he's a goner.

I just find it amusing when I hear Heat fans attacking those who wonder if he'll leave in many of the same ways that Cavs fans did in 2010.

Cal827
02-17-2014, 04:33 PM

:laugh: This.

championships
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
If anything this increases his chances of leaving. Re-Sparks the interest of teams. Kyrie doesn't want to stay in CLE.