PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Stars Pick Their Dream 3 Man Teams

Clippersfan86
02-16-2014, 04:00 PM
http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2014/02/who_would_2014_nba_all-stars_p.html

Really interesting some of these answers. Which team would win?

sammyvine
02-16-2014, 04:03 PM
I like KD's response

Minimal
02-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Howard hit it on the nail. I don't know why so many players didn't pick Shaq+you take LeBron or Durant and you are set.

flea
02-16-2014, 04:48 PM
I like KD's response

Me too. I think that would be the most fun team to watch. But for winning, I like the MJ/Durant/Davis answer.

Goose17
02-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Thunder forward Kevin Durant: “First off, I’d play the game for free."

Get it done.

Scrap the dunk contest next year. Bring in 3 on 3.

Rules: Each team must have one all star from that year, one rookie and one "legend". Half court. Hand checking allowed.

East vs West (E.G Team one, an East all star from that year, East rookie voted in by fans and a legend that played primarily, or his best years, on an East team)

$1 Million to the winning team and $500,000 to a charity of their choice.

Alternate the dunk contest with 3 on 3, one year it's 3 on 3, next year it's the dunk contest and so on and so forth.

Why not? It's worth a shot.

LAKobeBryant
02-16-2014, 04:59 PM
I like KD's response

same, all 3 guys have a post game. and post fades are unguardable, either fade or up and under. they'll have to double team and they are automatic when open.

Rockets center Dwight Howard: “Me, Shaq (Shaquille O’Neal)
lol can you imagine them playing together.
shaq be :mad: and dwight :)

dodgersuck
02-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Does Irving realize MJ no longer plays?

LAKobeBryant
02-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Does Irving realize MJ no longer plays?

they talking about all-time. everyone mentioned a legend in their team

P&GRealist
02-16-2014, 05:07 PM
It is time to completely do away with All-star weekend. It is no longer interesting, serves zero purpose, the fans don't get into it anymore, Nick Cannon is beyond garbage, the NBA doesn't know how to hype it up, there is no effort and passion in the competitors, the East vs West idea makes this crap even crappier.

This should simply be the time when the NBA gives every team a week off after 50+ regular season games played and gear up for the stretch run into the postseason.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Damn no one picked Magic or Duncan.

PurpleLynch
02-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Damn no one picked Magic or Duncan.

I thought that too! Anyway I'd like a lot the Aldridge's choice. Him+Shaq+Nash would be funny.Also good answer from Durant(splashing threes all day!)

BALLER R
02-16-2014, 05:34 PM
they talking about all-time. everyone mentioned a legend in their team

But they said a current player and a former. He choose two former.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 05:35 PM
There are only really 5 answers. Lebron, KD, Shaq, Jordan and Wilt. If your not choosing two of those 5 then your just trying to be cute.

jsthornton7
02-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Kobe + Jordan + Lebron = unbeatable 3 man squad

sammyvine
02-16-2014, 05:59 PM
There are only really 5 answers. Lebron, KD, Shaq, Jordan and Wilt. If your not choosing two of those 5 then your just trying to be cute.

Erm no its called an opinion

What makes your answer more right than theres to say ''If your not choosing two of those 5 then your just trying to be cute''.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Bird-Paul-Duncan would be sweet for me, my three favorite players of all time.

SoxPatsCeltsBs
02-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Give me Iverson, KD and Shaq please!

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 06:39 PM
I was surprised to read no Magic, Duncan, Hakeem or Kareem, but I was even more surprised to see only one mention of Kobe. I wonder if that's because guys weren't trying to pick more than one SG or if they just wouldn't want him as a teammate.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 06:42 PM
If it had to be two current guys and one all-time guy in his prime, give me Lebron, Durant and Hakeem. Lebron could run the floor like a point guard, but score and defend like a versatile PF, Durant could bring his hyper efficient offensive game along and Hakeem could defend and rebound like a mad man while stretching things out for Durant and Lebron to work inside. That team would have insane length, floor spacing, rebounding, defense, passing and scoring. Unbeatable.

KnicksYanks
02-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Thunder forward Kevin Durant: “First off, I’d play the game for free."

Get it done.

Rules: Each team must have one all star from that year, one rookie and one "legend". Half court. Hand checking allowed.

East vs West (E.G Team one, an East all star from that year, East rookie voted in by fans and a legend that played primarily, or his best years, on an East team)

Alternate the dunk contest with 3 on 3, one year it's 3 on 3, next year it's the dunk contest and so on and so forth.

Would love it

ricky recon
02-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Kevin Durant with Dirk and Bird would be awesome.

Emperor Eye
02-16-2014, 07:28 PM
I was surprised to read no Magic, Duncan, Hakeem or Kareem, but I was even more surprised to see only one mention of Kobe. I wonder if that's because guys weren't trying to pick more than one SG or if they just wouldn't want him as a teammate.

why pick Kobe if you could pick MJ?

surf and turf
02-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Bird Jordan and Hakeem the Dream...game over

Walt
02-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Dirk, Durant and Bird would be virtually unstoppable. Well every 3 man team chosen probably would. But you have Dirk who is probably a top 5 shooter ever with the 2nd most unguardable shot in NBA history, Durant who is a clone of Dirk plus the freak athleticism, and Larry Bird who is arguably the greatest shooter and top 5 player of all time.

Ahhhhh.

sammyvine
02-16-2014, 07:42 PM

Erm why? I am even surprised somebody picked him.

He plays the same position as the GOAT, so I see no reason why anybody would want him over MJ. It also doesnt make sense to have MJ and Kobe in the same team.
I am more surprised no Magic and Duncan.

gwrighter
02-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Get it done.

They used to have a legends game from 1984-1993. It was all fun & games until players started getting injured.

numba1CHANGsta
02-16-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't think Irving understood the question LOL

I found it funny how CP3 picked Griffin but Griffin didn't pick CP3 haha

If I was Durant I would have said Wilt and Kobe, can you imagine the dominate scoring between those 3?

DillyDill
02-16-2014, 08:33 PM
I don't think Irving understood the question LOL

I found it funny how CP3 picked Griffin but Griffin didn't pick CP3 haha

If I was Durant I would have said Wilt and Kobe, can you imagine the dominate scoring between those 3?

lol no he really did, Irving just picked Russell for he's legend

nandovelez
02-16-2014, 08:35 PM
I love kevin loves team

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 08:46 PM
picking a 3 man team ever, I don't want a shoot first, second, and third player.

Love's team was great. I also like Paul-Durant-Hakeem.

Jint.
02-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Mugsy Bouges, Rik Sits & Manute Bol

sunsfan88
02-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Surprised that Nash was the only PG selected.

Nobody wanted Kidd or Magic lol.

Ebbs
02-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Add Content

3RDASYSTEM
02-16-2014, 09:14 PM

IN 3 ON 3 game you want a dead eye shooter, NASH wins that by a landslide over those 2, plus he can handle and pass on par, this is 3 on 3 not 5 on 5 or best ever

DreamShaker
02-17-2014, 04:59 AM
I love kevin loves team

I did too. Lebron, Wilt, and Love.

KnicksorBust
02-17-2014, 12:11 PM
People are completing ignoring the fact that Durant's team (Bird-Durant-Dirk) would have trouble guarding any quick perimeter players and have no chance against a dominant low post player.

RaiderLakersA's
02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
People are completing ignoring the fact that Durant's team (Bird-Durant-Dirk) would have trouble guarding any quick perimeter players and have no chance against a dominant low post player.

No, Durant completely understands his strategy. He pretty much acknowledged that both Bird and Dirk are slow. His plan is simple. Shoot and don't miss from anywhere on the floor ... and be just nimble enough to get the long rebounds and 50/50 balls. No one is looking for defense here.

That said, LeBron and either Shaq or Wilt on the same team trumps all. It doesn't really matter who the 3rd player is, because the two big men in their primes could score, defend, drive, post, create, assist, and were walking Windex bottles to boot. Unless they are playing a team with 100% accuracy and said team gets the ball first, it's a wrap.

JasonJohnHorn
02-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Interesting that Dwight picked Shaq.

I love how CP3 picks Blake, but Blake picks Kd... OUCH!!! lol

J4KOP99
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM

If ever given a chance to pick from those 3, I take Kidd and Magic (magic 1st) over nash 10 times out of 10.

Nash would get torched in 3 v 3. Unless you play winners ball and his team starts with it.

J4KOP99
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM

If ever given a chance to pick from those 3, I take Kidd and Magic (magic 1st) over nash 10 times out of 10.

Nash would get torched in 3 v 3. Unless you play winners ball and his team starts with it.