1: Pacers
8: Bobcats

4: Bulls
5: Hawks

3: Raptors
6: Wizards

2: Heat
7: Nets

As it stands right now, the Western Conference could have the best playoff ratings in history. Every matchup would be intense and could go both ways

Goose17
02-15-2014, 01:48 PM
The West is do tough right now. Those HCA mean very little against some of those teams. Definitely some upsets to be had.

LTBaByyy
02-15-2014, 01:51 PM
The West is do tough right now. Those HCA mean very little against some of those teams. Definitely some upsets to be had.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors, Mavs, Blazers, and Suns won their series going by the Matchups so far.

Maybe a little on the Suns but the Spurs would be the only top 4 seed I see them having a chance against

sunsfan88
02-15-2014, 03:04 PM
In the East, the Raptors-Wizards could be very entertaining.

The Hawks-Bulls would be the most boring of them all.

NoahH
02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Let's just all realize here the second round in the East will PROBABLY be:

Miami v. Toronto
Indiana v. Chicago

Sweep aaaaaand sweep

albertajaysfan
02-15-2014, 04:07 PM

Miami v. Toronto
Indiana v. Chicago

Sweep aaaaaand sweep

As a Raps fan I would be happy with making it to game 5 in the second round.

Definitely going to be paying closer attention to the West playoffs as a whole.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Spurs would be heavy favorites.

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 04:31 PM
I disagree with Pacers sweeping Bulls. I think Bulls can snag two games.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 04:38 PM
I disagree with Pacers sweeping Bulls. I think Bulls can snag two games.

It's a sweep man. 6 games vs bulls? Crazy talk.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I respect the bulls, but I just can't see it.

Tumstock
02-15-2014, 04:54 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors, Mavs, Blazers, and Suns won their series going by the Matchups so far.

Maybe a little on the Suns but the Spurs would be the only top 4 seed I see them having a chance against

The Suns are a first round exit regardless of matchup.

LTBaByyy
02-15-2014, 05:07 PM
The Suns are a first round exit regardless of matchup.

Don't forget Eric Bledsoe is coming back soon.

I think the only team they have a chance against is the Spurs

MTar786
02-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Heat beat raps in 5 pacers beat bulls in 5 too. Pacers heat 7 games. Thunder vs either clips or spurs thunder win in 6 and go back to nba finals. Either they lose to miami again in 6 or 7. Our they beat pacers in 7. I want pacers to win it all. But they are one spark plug player away from being favorites imo. They need to get rid of granger for a scoring combo guard can do it all (slash and shoot) if not that then try to get one cheap ala jr smith out a player on Ben gordons level. That's not too much to ask for.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 05:40 PM

From the bigger jazz and clips teams from last 2 years getting robbed vs the thunder in 6 or the bigger lakers or hot warriors or the best defense grizz, 30 seconds from a ship vs the "best team in the league". Yeah I think the suns can upset the spurs of late. This isn't the blair/dice richard jefferson/no defense spurs from 3 years ago. We are top 5 in defense and offense with the best coach in the nba. I'm tired of the disrespect the spurs get in here all the way to tony isn't an allstar bull. lol

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Kawhi=best spurs defender
Duncan=great defense
Tiago=also great defender
Green=lockdown guard defender
parker=who cares, we got 4 great defenders in our starting unit.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
The Suns could upset San Antonio.

My money is on San Antonio going all the way to the finals (if GS don't ;)) but Phoenix definitely have the ability to snatch that series.

There's no games there where I can't picture a scenario of the lower seed beating the higher one. The West is literally that tough.

mdm692
02-15-2014, 07:06 PM
From the bigger jazz and clips teams from last 2 years getting robbed vs the thunder in 6 or the bigger lakers or hot warriors or the best defense grizz, 30 seconds from a ship vs the "best team in the league". Yeah I think the suns can upset the spurs of late. This isn't the blair/dice richard jefferson/no defense spurs from 3 years ago. We are top 5 in defense and offense with the best coach in the nba. I'm tired of the disrespect the spurs get in here all the way to tony isn't an allstar bull. lol

Yup lol. Unless we get Kevin Love we would win 2 games at most WITH A HEALTHY BLEDSOE. Otherwise it would be 4-1. I think we have a good chance against Portland(currently 2-1 against them), Rockets and Clippers but we need Bledsoe to be healthy.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
The Suns could upset San Antonio.

My money is on San Antonio going all the way to the finals (if GS don't ;)) but Phoenix definitely have the ability to snatch that series.

There's no games there where I can't picture a scenario of the lower seed beating the higher one. The West is literally that tough.

The Spurs needed the rest of the west to suffer injuries to get to the Finals last year, and have been beaten down hard by the elite teams this year. Their record is indicative of them taking out the trash. I don't see how they advance past round 2.

I also can't see the Warriors beating the Thunder. Remember, Westbrook will be back and healthy by then.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
also, isn't Dirk averaging like 100 ppg against the Rox this year? Dallas would be a tough matchup for them.

Bruno
02-15-2014, 07:10 PM
guys, the suns have no chance against the Spurs they'd be lucky to push it to five or six games. its a nice story but Dragic and Bledsoe would get smothered in a hostile best of seven.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 07:25 PM
I also can't see the Warriors beating the Thunder. Remember, Westbrook will be back and healthy by then.

We're the second best defensive team in the West behind OKC (marginally) and have been under-performing offensively. Trust, there's nobody we can't beat in a seven game series.

Since you mentioned Westbrook I looked up the numbers... they're... interesting.

In their last five match ups;

Curry: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 steals
Westbrook: 34 points, 1 rebound, 7 assists, 5 steals

Curry: 22 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal
Westbrook: 31 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals

Curry: 22 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals
Westbrook: 18 points, 3 rebounds, 9 assists, 0 steals (2 blocks)

Curry: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal.
Westbrook: 22 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals

Curry: 31 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals
Westbrook: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal

Goose17
02-15-2014, 07:26 PM
guys, the suns have no chance against the Spurs they'd be lucky to push it to five or six games. its a nice story but Dragic and Bledsoe would get smothered in a hostile best of seven.

LOL @ No chance.

If they get back to playing good defense as well as the fast paced offense, they for sure have the potential to cause an upset.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:30 PM
We're the second best defensive team in the West behind OKC (marginally) and have been under-performing offensively. Trust, there's nobody we can't beat in a seven game series.

Since you mentioned Westbrook I looked up the numbers... they're... interesting.

In their last five match ups;

Curry: 32 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 steals
Westbrook: 34 points, 1 rebound, 7 assists, 5 steals

Curry: 22 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal
Westbrook: 31 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals

Curry: 22 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals
Westbrook: 18 points, 3 rebounds, 9 assists, 0 steals (2 blocks)

Curry: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal.
Westbrook: 22 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals

Curry: 31 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals
Westbrook: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal

missing my point. Westbrook provides a top 10 player to the already best team in the NBA arguably. The Warriors offense is what it is, because of the reasons I stated in the other thread. Too many turnovers, they don't get to the line enough, and when they do, they are a poor FT shooting team. Durant is out for blood this season. I can't see anyone in the west stopping OKC. Anything is possible obviously, just my thoughts.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:30 PM
LOL @ No chance.

If they get back to playing good defense as well as the fast paced offense, they for sure have the potential to cause an upset.

I personally don't know if Phx will even be in the playoffs.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 07:34 PM
LOL @ No chance.

That's a lots of if's. Another big if besides lacking the talent/corporate knowledge/POIQ of SA is how are their players going to respond to playoff atmosphere/basketball. Atmosphere as in pressure and basketball as in the game slows down to more halfcourt basketball. Both things spurs excel in. They're a good team but still bucks.

sunnydayin'zona
02-15-2014, 07:37 PM

We did beat the snot out of the Clips earlier last season. It was the last game we had with Bledsoe.

But I'd love to play the Spurs in the first round. Regardless of who wins, it would be so fun. The rivalry lives on.

They certainly don't want to see a Suns team with Dragic as its best player ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

Goose17
02-15-2014, 07:37 PM
That's a lots of if's. Another big if besides lacking the talent/corporate knowledge/POIQ of SA is how are their players going to respond to playoff atmosphere/basketball. Atmosphere as in pressure and basketball as in the game slows down to more halfcourt basketball. Both things spurs excel in. They're a good team but still bucks.

I agree. I'm just saying the possibility exists, and it's not as low a chance as some people are making out.

This is in no way a disrespect towards the Spurs, more of a testament to just how competitive the West has become.

Hell, even the 9th seed Memphis could upset a few of these teams in a seven game series.

jimm120
02-15-2014, 07:39 PM
All Star Break Western Conference Standings:

1: Thunder
8: Warriors

4: Clippers
5: Blazers

3: Rockets
6: Mavericks

2: Spurs
7: Suns

All Star Break Eastern Conference Standings:

8: Bobcats

5: Hawks

6: Wizards

7: Nets

As it stands right now, the Western Conference could have the best playoff ratings in history. Every matchup would be intense and could go both ways

man...if we saw these standings in the summer, people would have been completely perplexed by some teams.

Knicks out of the playoffs after winning 54 games the previous season?
Raptors a 3 seed? People would have thought that Masai might have done some more magic for that to happen.
Charlotte in the bobcats? People would be like the new coaches are awesome and players developed.
Mavricks in the playoffs? They're supposed to be scratching and clawing, and getting older. Not playoff bound.
Suns in the playoffs? How? They're selling all of their stock. HOW!?
Blazers so high? How'd they do that? How'd they get so high. Has Lillard really improved that much?
Nets a 7 seed? How? They're supposed to be all championship or broke.

mdm692
02-15-2014, 07:42 PM

I'm pretty sure you guys remember how Dragic responded the first time he went to SA for a playoff series lol. Frye has playoff experience as well. Bledsoe with the Clips. Tucker in Euro playoffs. Before I continue let me say that going to a hostile environment in Europe is something totally different to what we see in America. South America and Europe have some really hardcore die hard fans that make us Americans look like bandwagon fans. This is why I think players euro stars like Dirk, TP, Manu(Arg I know) etc really don't get affected by hostile crowds. Anyways the Suns have a few young players but they have a few some-what seasoned players with good playoff experience. It's more about the lack of talent and Hornacek being out-coached by Pops.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 07:44 PM
We did beat the snot out of the Clips earlier last season. It was the last game we had with Bledsoe.

But I'd love to play the Spurs in the first round. Regardless of who wins, it would be so fun. The rivalry lives on.

They certainly don't want to see a Suns team with Dragic as its best player ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

I remember that game. The suns were the better team and we barely got 50 wins. That Suns team is way different than this one. That spurs team is way different than that one. Too bad suns couldn't win a championship.

sunnydayin'zona
02-15-2014, 07:46 PM

Every starter except PJ has played a role in the playoffs before. Bledsoe with the Clips, Plumlee & Green with the Pacers, Frye with the Suns, Dragic with the Suns. Dragic and Frye were the only ones who played big roles on playoff teams but its not like nobody on the team has seen playoffs before.

And they're doing the "ifs" now. I'm not trying to sound too overconfident in my team, but we aren't as inexperienced as you're suggesting.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure you guys remember how Dragic responded the first time he went to SA for a playoff series lol. Frye has playoff experience as well. Bledsoe with the Clips. Tucker in Euro playoffs. Before I continue let me say that going to a hostile environment in Europe is something totally different to what we see in America. South America and Europe have some really hardcore die hard fans that make us Americans look like bandwagon fans. This is why I think players euro stars like Dirk, TP, Manu(Arg I know) etc really don't get affected by hostile crowds. Anyways the Suns have a few young players but they have a few some-what seasoned players with good playoff experience. It's more about the lack of talent and Hornacek being out-coached by Pops.

I don't think he can do that this year. Totally different squads.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Every starter except PJ has played a role in the playoffs before. Bledsoe with the Clips, Plumlee & Green with the Pacers, Frye with the Suns, Dragic with the Suns. Dragic and Frye were the only ones who played big roles on playoff teams but its not like nobody on the team has seen playoffs before.

And they're doing the "ifs" now. I'm not trying to sound too overconfident in my team, but we aren't as inexperienced as you're suggesting.

Can you tell me how many of those guys has started before in a playoff game and how many times starting.

mdm692
02-15-2014, 07:50 PM
I remember that game. The suns were the better team and we barely got 50 wins. That Suns team is way different than this one. That spurs team is way different than that one. Too bad suns couldn't win a championship.

The only difference I see is the lack of "star power" IMO. This team still plays SSOL bball with the only difference being that we turn to Dragic and Bledsoe and their ability to get to the rim as opposed to having the luxury of the Nash and Stat Pick n Roll, which again relates to star power. This team has the potential to play better defense IMO though.

LTBaByyy
02-15-2014, 07:52 PM
also, isn't Dirk averaging like 100 ppg against the Rox this year? Dallas would be a tough matchup for them.

Correct. Terrance Jones has nightmares guarding Dirk.

Harden & Ellis can't guard eachother. Jones can't guard Dirk. Dalembert can't guard Howard. It would definitely be a 7 game series with the Rockets up by 1 and Mavs ball with 10 seconds left lol

The Rockets (2-2) & Trail Blazers (1-1) is the teams I want the Mavs to face

We would get crushed by Spurs, Thunder, & Clippers though

mdm692
02-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't think he can do that this year. Totally different squads.

So you're saying that all of a sudden Dragic is going to lose the "touch" because it's playoffs? He's played on the road in the playoffs. Maybe not as a starter but if you remember those playoffs correctly the bench was a huge reason for the Suns success and were even considered the best in the league by many, which means Dragic was fundamental in that run.

sunnydayin'zona
02-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Frye was our starting center for the 2010 WCF run, and he plays the same role now (albeit larger, but same idea) as he did on that team. Frye and Dragic both got huge minutes that year. I don't know about the others but don't play down the role that these two had on that WCF Suns squad. Frye was a big reason that Amare was able to be so unstoppable that year. Dragic won game 3 for us. They both showed up. They also happen to be 2 of our 3 most important players this year.

Seriously, you don't remember Dragic personally leaving the Spurs out to dry in game 3? 23 points in the 4th quarter?

Look, you can say we're going to fizzle all you want, but the fact of the matter is that this suns squad is legit. Blazers, Pacers, Clips, and Warriors fans will tell you they're worried about the Suns.

sunnydayin'zona
02-15-2014, 07:57 PM
The only difference I see is the lack of "star power" IMO. This team still plays SSOL bball with the only difference being that we turn to Dragic and Bledsoe and their ability to get to the rim as opposed to having the luxury of the Nash and Stat Pick n Roll, which again relates to star power. This team has the potential to play better defense IMO though.

I think we definitely have a better defense this year. The offense isn't what it was with Nash & Amare, but the defense is light years better.

I was just watching some game tape of the 2010 WCF's and our team didn't even try to defend, aside from Hill. It was a joke. When the other team was about to take a shot, Amare was already on his way back to the other side of the court.

SPURSFAN1
02-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Frye was our starting center for the 2010 WCF run, and he plays the same role now (albeit larger, but same idea) as he did on that team. Frye and Dragic both got huge minutes that year. I don't know about the others but don't play down the role that these two had on that WCF Suns squad. Frye was a big reason that Amare was able to be so unstoppable that year. Dragic won game 3 for us. They both showed up. They also happen to be 2 of our 3 most important players this year.

Seriously, you don't remember Dragic personally leaving the Spurs out to dry in game 3? 23 points in the 4th quarter?

Look, you can say we're going to fizzle all you want, but the fact of the matter is that this suns squad is legit. Blazers, Pacers, Clips, and Warriors fans will tell you they're worried about the Suns.

Spurs fans don't worry about the suns team.

LTBaByyy
02-15-2014, 09:11 PM
What if the Warriors stay 8 seed and pull out the We Believe shirts again and beat Thunder

Wouldn't be as shocking as it was when they beat us :(

But that would be crazy

NBA_Starter
02-15-2014, 10:34 PM
I think we may can get one win over the Pacers, if we are going to the playoffs lets get that first playoff win out of the way before the switchover to Hornets at least.

kdspurman
02-16-2014, 12:29 AM
The Spurs needed the rest of the west to suffer injuries to get to the Finals last year, and have been beaten down hard by the elite teams this year. Their record is indicative of them taking out the trash. I don't see how they advance past round 2.

We've also dealt with a lot of injuries in those games against the league's elite. Some were full strength, but more of them we have had injuries to deal with or on a b2b. They can beat most teams without some of the guys that have been out, but not the top teams. Full strength, they are a top 3 defense and top 5 offense. If healthy, I see no reason why they can't advance to the WCF again.

I'm also thinking this might be the year they actually make a trade (or at least hoping) they desperately need another athletic wing to play alongside Leonard and/or to back him up. With Leonard out, it's been a nightmare to watch the perimeter defense.

kdspurman
02-16-2014, 12:36 AM

Dragic was a nightmare to deal with. It was terrible lol. But we are certainly better equipped to handle him this time around. There's the option of putting either Green or Leonard on him, whereas 4 years ago, we had no one to guard perimeter guys like that. We brought in Keith Bogans to try and play the Bowen role. Needless to say, that didn't pan out.

Not to mention Splitter is much better at guarding the P&R than McDyess was. 2 different teams now, but I think we're better equipped to deal with the backcourt that you guys have. I just think the experience would show and it would probably be a 6 game series @ most. But we'll see, it would be awesome to have another Suns/Spurs playoff series.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 12:37 AM
We've also dealt with a lot of injuries in those games against the league's elite. Some were full strength, but more of them we have had injuries to deal with or on a b2b. They can beat most teams without some of the guys that have been out, but not the top teams. Full strength, they are a top 3 defense and top 5 offense. If healthy, I see no reason why they can't advance to the WCF again.

I'm also thinking this might be the year they actually make a trade (or at least hoping) they desperately need another athletic wing to play alongside Leonard and/or to back him up. With Leonard out, it's been a nightmare to watch the perimeter defense.

well, the Spurs have continued to stay with the big 3, and they are old. Even Parker has played a lot more games than someone normally would at his age. You guys depended on other west teams injuries to make the finals last year, and I just can't see them making it again.

Do you really think the Spurs will be at full health at any point this year? That is their problem going forward. That, and some other elite west teams will enter the playoffs healthy this year, unlike last year.

TrueFan420
02-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Only team I really don't wanna see in the first round, as a warriors fan, is the spurs.

TrueFan420
02-16-2014, 06:21 AM
Kawhi=best spurs defender
Duncan=great defense
Tiago=also great defender
Green=lockdown guard defender
parker=who cares, we got 4 great defenders in our starting unit.
Gross exaggeration.

Duncan is only a great post defender but get him on the perimeter and he's not the same he use to be. Tiago is solid but not great. Same for green.

kdspurman
02-16-2014, 03:29 PM
well, the Spurs have continued to stay with the big 3, and they are old. Even Parker has played a lot more games than someone normally would at his age. You guys depended on other west teams injuries to make the finals last year, and I just can't see them making it again.

Do you really think the Spurs will be at full health at any point this year? That is their problem going forward. That, and some other elite west teams will enter the playoffs healthy this year, unlike last year.

Considering all their injuries have been to our younger guys, (sans Ginobili, though he has look very good this year) then yea I do. Leonard, Green, Splitter, are arguably our most important defensive pieces and have all missed a considerable amount of time. Anytime you have Corey Joseph as your starting 2 and Belinelli the 3 guarding opposing teams best players, you will struggle. I don't think people realize how important those 3 guys are to this team. That starting 5 was the #1 ranked defense most of last year and a close #2 early on this year behind Indy before the injury bug hit.

& I wouldn't go as far to say we depended on other west teams to be injured to make the finals again. There's no reason to think that last year sans Harden SA doesn't beat OKC, considering they were so close a year prior. People don't realize just how close that series was.

SPURSFAN1
02-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Gross exaggeration.

Duncan is only a great post defender but get him on the perimeter and he's not the same he use to be. Tiago is solid but not great. Same for green.

Pop made some adjustments and Green shut down curry before he even tweaked his ankles and kawhi shut down klay. Those were your 2 best shooters. Tiago is one of the best pnr defenders and post defender. Duncan is the rock down low. We defend the 3 and paint and let yall settle for long 2's. That's our game strategy.

Sure we could win more games if pop wanted too. This year even though we have duncan and parker, pop hasn't raised their minutes when our other players got injured because he doesn't care too much about winning. What good is it to wear out our best players in the regular season. Those guys are going to play big minutes in the playoffs unlike the regular season.

Goose17
02-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Pop made some adjustments and Green shut down curry before he even tweaked his ankles and kawhi shut down klay. Those were your 2 best shooters. Tiago is one of the best pnr defenders and post defender. Duncan is the rock down low. We defend the 3 and paint and let yall settle for long 2's. That's our game strategy.

Sure we could win more games if pop wanted too. This year even though we have duncan and parker, pop hasn't raised their minutes when our other players got injured because he doesn't care too much about winning. What good is it to wear out our best players in the regular season. Those guys are going to play big minutes in the playoffs unlike the regular season.

My take on it:

Duncan is a great defender in the post, Leonard is one of the best wing defenders in the league, top 5 comfortably. Tiago is a decent defender in the post but not spectacular. Green is overrated defensively, he's a pest but he's not a high caliber defender, his defense is mostly a product of Pops exceptional system.

As for Green on Curry, his length was bothersome for sure.

Statistically the Spurs defense is third best in the West after OKC and Golden State. There's no doubting the defensive capability of the Spurs, I just feel that some of the individuals (Green in particular) wouldn't be as effective if they were on another team with a lesser coach.

SPURSFAN1
02-16-2014, 05:43 PM
My take on it:

Duncan is a great defender in the post, Leonard is one of the best wing defenders in the league, top 5 comfortably. Tiago is a decent defender in the post but not spectacular. Green is overrated defensively, he's a pest but he's not a high caliber defender, his defense is mostly a product of Pops exceptional system.

As for Green on Curry, his length was bothersome for sure.

Statistically the Spurs defense is third best in the West after OKC and Golden State. There's no doubting the defensive capability of the Spurs, I just feel that some of the individuals (Green in particular) wouldn't be as effective if they were on another team with a lesser coach.

You can only teach defense to a certain extent. He has the ability. He's a little awkward looking, but don't let that fool you. He certainly defended great throughout the entire playoffs.

dalton749
02-16-2014, 08:31 PM
as a toronto fan i want the 4th seed so we can see indy in the second round instead.
its unlikely, but we can actually beat them
miami, no chance

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Considering all their injuries have been to our younger guys, (sans Ginobili, though he has look very good this year) then yea I do. Leonard, Green, Splitter, are arguably our most important defensive pieces and have all missed a considerable amount of time. Anytime you have Corey Joseph as your starting 2 and Belinelli the 3 guarding opposing teams best players, you will struggle. I don't think people realize how important those 3 guys are to this team. That starting 5 was the #1 ranked defense most of last year and a close #2 early on this year behind Indy before the injury bug hit.

& I wouldn't go as far to say we depended on other west teams to be injured to make the finals again. There's no reason to think that last year sans Harden SA doesn't beat OKC, considering they were so close a year prior. People don't realize just how close that series was.

you left out Westbrook.

kdspurman
02-16-2014, 09:12 PM
you left out Westbrook.

? No, I mean considering how close that series was in 2012 (with Westbrook, Durant, Harden), there's no reason to think we couldn't beat OKC @ full strength last year. Full strength being without Harden because he was in Houston already.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 09:25 PM
? No, I mean considering how close that series was in 2012 (with Westbrook, Durant, Harden), there's no reason to think we couldn't beat OKC @ full strength last year. Full strength being without Harden because he was in Houston already.

You don't think these 2 things have happened since 2012?:

Your Spurs are even older

Durant is much better

I just think the Spurs had everything happen that needed to for them to make the finals last year. And I think the west is even better now. You have Dwight with the Rox. The Clips have another year of chemistry and Reddick. The Thunder, and especially Durant, are out for blood. Hell, even the bottom 4 teams that make it will present matchup issues.

I personally don't see the Spurs getting out of round 2. But hey, I have been waiting for their dropoff for 4 years now. yet there they are, winning 57 games this year probably.

kdspurman
02-16-2014, 11:00 PM
You don't think these 2 things have happened since 2012?:

Your Spurs are even older

Durant is much better

I just think the Spurs had everything happen that needed to for them to make the finals last year. And I think the west is even better now. You have Dwight with the Rox. The Clips have another year of chemistry and Reddick. The Thunder, and especially Durant, are out for blood. Hell, even the bottom 4 teams that make it will present matchup issues.

I personally don't see the Spurs getting out of round 2. But hey, I have been waiting for their dropoff for 4 years now. yet there they are, winning 57 games this year probably.

Spurs were certainly older & Durant was better. I just think they are very good @ learning from past experiences. Similar to how they were outmatched against Memphis, how they made key adjustments to really make them struggle despite them being the bigger/more physical team.

I know the West is really good this year, just like every year it seems. I just also know a lot of folks are in the moment and see the struggles of the Spurs and don't realize the injury bug hit them pretty hard this year. I know this team has yet to hit its stride, so my hope is after this all star break they'll come around like they've done in past years.

I'm like you, I feel every year even as a Spurs fan, watching other teams get all these free agents, big trades, etc... that maybe this is the year that it will end and maybe we finish as a low seed or whatever. But 2 years ago in the WCF, then nearly winning it all last year, i've learned that these guys will continue to play at a high level as long as Pop is on the bench. So even with all those great teams you mentioned, we are stilling as the #2 seed with our guys all close to returning after playing some pretty mediocre ball till this point. This team is also out for blood. They just go about their business differently.

WARRIORS@GR
02-17-2014, 07:38 AM
as a toronto fan i want the 4th seed so we can see indy in the second round instead.
its unlikely, but we can actually beat them
miami, no chanceBeat them?You mean in one game?Because you're not winning more than that vs Pacers.

dalton749
02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Beat them?You mean in one game?Because you're not winning more than that vs Pacers.

id be willing to bet you haven't watched a pacers raptors game in the last 2 years
they match up well and don't appear that threatening at all when we play them

WARRIORS@GR
02-17-2014, 08:34 PM
id be willing to bet you haven't watched a pacers raptors game in the last 2 years
they match up well and don't appear that threatening at all when we play themYeah like championship caliber teams give a **** about regular season matchups vs mediocre teams.They might match up well with them,but Pacers are still the waaaaaaaay superior team and would destroy the Raptors.Anything over 5 games in a series like that would be an upset.

Stunner
02-17-2014, 09:28 PM
It's a sweep man. 6 games vs bulls? Crazy talk.
Lol

LordFappington
02-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Should be an interesting finish

TornadoOfSouls
02-18-2014, 07:20 AM
LOL @ No chance.

Nah. Spurs are probably hoping for the Suns in the first round. Watched both Spurs-Suns games this year and Phoenix never seemed like they ever troubled the Spurs much. Very easy first round for SA.

72 Wins
02-18-2014, 09:31 AM

Miami v. Toronto
Indiana v. Chicago

Sweep aaaaaand sweep

LOL! You honestly think the Bulls would get swept? Have you even watched the Bulls play this year (especially against the Pacers)?

Walt
02-18-2014, 10:32 AM

Yep. Houston is the one team I would feel confident with us beating. We just own them, and have for quite some time now. A healthy Dirk no matter what age is elite of the elite in the postseason. Hopefully we make some sort of trade at the deadline though. We desperately need a center than can rebound and defend.

NoahH
02-18-2014, 02:29 PM
LOL! You honestly think the Bulls would get swept? Have you even watched the Bulls play this year (especially against the Pacers)?

5 games max

moshy2
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
The West is nuts. Every single 1st round matchup would go longer than both the East 2nd round series combined. Excited for it to be playoff time

bbcmillionaire
02-18-2014, 03:23 PM
lol bulls never been swept in the playoffs, and it won't happen anytime soon

NoahH
02-18-2014, 04:05 PM
WEST

1: Thunder
8: Warriors - WARRIORS IN 7

4: Clippers
5: Blazers - BLAZERS IN 7

3: Rockets
6: Mavericks - ROCKETS IN 6

2: Spurs
7: Suns - SPURS IN 4

EAST

8: Bobcats - PACERS IN 4

5: Hawks - BULLS IN 6

6: Wizards - RAPTORS IN 6

7: Nets - HEAT IN 4

2-ONE-5
02-18-2014, 11:20 PM
if you werent a Warriors fan you wouldnt be picking them over OKC right? only other one i disagree with is Blazers over Clips and i dont think Suns make it i think the Grizz will get in

NBA_Starter
02-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Bobcats need the sixth seed badly.

todu82
02-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Lots of big playoff matches there for sure. The West is wide open, the East not so much.