PDA

View Full Version : Your Teams Mount Rushmore?

NBA_Starter
02-14-2014, 11:10 PM
I will just use the Bobcats short history since we don't own the Hornets history yet (even though I heard MJ was wanting to buy back our history.)

Kemba Walker
Stephen Jackson
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor

So who is on your teams Mount Rushmore?

jerellh528
02-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Kobe
Magic
Kareem
West

DallasTrilla23
02-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Dirk, Kidd, Derek Harper and Terry.

DreamShaker
02-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Moses Malone
Hakeem
Yao
Elvin Hayes

Legacy of bigs. We had a lot of other HOF guys who did well here, but had their better days elsewhere. Ralph Sampson was on track, but injuries hit him hard and quick. Calvin Murphy and Rudy T get shout outs. Drexler is more known as a Blazer, but has his number retired here, and is one of our announcers. He has a special place, but belongs more on Portland's mountain.

DreamShaker
02-15-2014, 01:07 AM
I will just use the Bobcats short history since we don't own the Hornets history yet (even though I heard MJ was wanting to buy back our history.)

Kemba Walker
Stephen Jackson
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor

So who is on your teams Mount Rushmore?

If you add the Charlotte Hornets years, who makes it?

Cal827
02-15-2014, 01:13 AM
For what they did with the team:

Carter
Peterson
Bosh
Derozan

Part of it was dug up, as it was mistaken for a fossil

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 01:39 AM
KG
Love
Mitchell
Szczerbiak

pathetic

Slug3
02-15-2014, 01:39 AM

No Popeyes jones?

Slug3
02-15-2014, 01:40 AM
KG
Love
Mitchell
Szczerbiak

pathetic

What about alien cassel and I can't feed my kids Sprewell?

TheMightyHumph
02-15-2014, 01:42 AM
Kidd, Julius, Buck, Kittles.

Slug3
02-15-2014, 01:42 AM
For Miami

Easily Wade/Lebron/Zo for sure. Just can't decide between Shaq/Bosh for the last Spot.

Chucky Woods
02-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Bucks
Oscar Robertson
Sidney Moncrief
Lew Alcindor (Kareem for the youngsters)
Ray Allen

abe_froman
02-15-2014, 02:01 AM
players only-mj,pippen,walker,a-train

organization-mj,pippen,red kerr,phil

jerellh528
02-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Bucks
Oscar Robertson
Sidney Moncrief
Lew Alcindor (Kareem for the youngsters)
Ray Allen

Not trying to be mean but why do people say Alcindor? I know he was born with that last name but is it just to show you know his prior name? Like a game knowledge thing? Because if everyone just said kaj or kareem it would alleviate some confusion on casual fans or younger fans. Just always wanted to ask someone who uses this name.

DreamShaker
02-15-2014, 02:12 AM
KG
Love
Mitchell
Szczerbiak

pathetic

I always think of Chuck Person because of NBA Jam. My wife likes playing that with me some, and a few days ago I was raining 3's with Person. And the announcer calls him "Pearson" the whole time. So odd.

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 02:13 AM
Gary Payton
Ray Allen
Kevin Durant
Shawn Kemp

Would have Westbrook there if he can maintain his game.

DreamShaker
02-15-2014, 02:14 AM
For Miami

Easily Wade/Lebron/Zo for sure. Just can't decide between Shaq/Bosh for the last Spot.

Rony Seikley!! Or maybe even Tim Hardaway. Good players to choose from.

TheMightyHumph
02-15-2014, 02:17 AM
Not trying to be mean but why do people say Alcindor? I know he was born with that last name but is it just to show you know his prior name? Like a game knowledge thing? Because if everyone just said kaj or kareem it would alleviate some confusion on casual fans or younger fans. Just always wanted to ask someone who uses this name.

Metta will always be Ron Artest to me.

And Tony Curtis will always be Bernie Schwartz, And Charles Bronson will always be Charlie Buchinski to me.

They can tell us what they'd like to called, but we call them what we like.

Lloyd Free became World B. Free, but I never referred to him as anything but 'Doggie Jr.'

birdmann5
02-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Utah Jazz
Stockton
Malone
Dantley
Hornecek / Sloan

Jazz would replace the last with Pistol Pete.

jerellh528
02-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Metta will always be Ron Artest to me.

And Tony Curtis will always be Bernie Schwartz, And Charles Bronson will always be Charlie Buchinski to me.

They can tell us what they'd like to called, but we call them what we like.

Lloyd Free became World B. Free, but I never referred to him as anything but 'Doggie Jr.'

I knows it's just kareem changed his name like a year or two into his nba career, it's not like ppl were used to it or anything. I would say 98% of people call him kareem I was just curious why people called him Alcindor when I can almost guarantee not many people on this site are even old enough to have watched him play under that name. Especially when only 2 pro came as Alcindor and over 18 were as kareem.

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 02:32 AM
I knows it's just kareem changed his name like a year or two into his nba career, it's not like ppl were used to it or anything. I would say 98% of people call him kareem I was just curious why people called him Alcindor when I can almost guarantee not many people on this site are even old enough to have watched him play under that name. Especially when only 2 pro came as Alcindor and over 18 were as kareem.

Yeah. I feel many individuals call him Alcindor just to have the appeal that they know more than they actually do.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:39 AM
What about alien cassel and I can't feed my kids Sprewell?

Allen?

Cassell and Spree were very good one year, sulked another, and were gone.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:42 AM

for Bucks fans, they SHOULD call him Alcindor. He changed his name the day after they won their one and only championship.

UCLA fans, and Bucks fans, are probably the only ones who can comfortably use Alcindor as his name. Or anyone who grew up in NYC in the mid 60's..

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:44 AM
Rony Seikley!! Or maybe even Tim Hardaway. Good players to choose from.

haha, Rony.

Dude was a hairy *** pimp

ThaDubs
02-15-2014, 02:51 AM
Stephen Curry, Wilt, Rick Barry, Chris Mullin

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:52 AM

Kareem was a legend as a kid as Alcindor. As I stated, any Bucks fan should feel free to call him Alcindor. He delivered them their only title with that name.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:54 AM
Stephen Curry, Wilt, Rick Barry, Chris Mullin

Curry over Thurmond, or Arizin? I mean, eventually for sure, even in the next 3 years. But not now.

Asik's better
02-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Moses Malone
Hakeem
Yao
Elvin Hayes

Legacy of bigs. We had a lot of other HOF guys who did well here, but had their better days elsewhere. Ralph Sampson was on track, but injuries hit him hard and quick. Calvin Murphy and Rudy T get shout outs. Drexler is more known as a Blazer, but has his number retired here, and is one of our announcers. He has a special place, but belongs more on Portland's mountain.
I almost want to swap mutumbo with Hayes as mutumbo is my favourite all time rocket. But I can't justify it.

PacersForLife
02-15-2014, 04:57 AM
From who I've actually seen play:
Reggie Miller
Jermaine O'Neal
Paul George
Danny Granger

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Toronto: Carter, Bosh, Stoudemire and McGrady? Bosh and Carter are the only ones to do enough to actually warrant it.

Detroit's front court: Lanier, Wallace, Laimbeer and Rodman
Back court: Thomas, Dumar, Dave Bing and Chauncey Billups

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Gary Payton
Ray Allen
Kevin Durant
Shawn Kemp

Would have Westbrook there if he can maintain his game.

The Sonics won a championship, and you can't put one of the players from that team on there? lol

PinstripePride
02-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Rockets:

Hakeem Olajuwon
Moses Malone
Yao Ming
T-Mac

DreamShaker
02-15-2014, 12:45 PM
I almost want to swap mutumbo with Hayes as mutumbo is my favourite all time rocket. But I can't justify it.

Man...I loved Mutombo being here. He's up there for me as well. I was not alive when Moses and Hayes were on the Rockets, but Moses especially were so good here, had to put them on. I have since become a huge Moses fan, but really don't know much Hayes. Need to watch more.

Edit: I guess I was born during Elvin's 2nd run with the Rockets. I also did not know Moses and Elvin played together in 82.

still1ballin
02-15-2014, 01:24 PM
KG
Love
Mitchell
Szczerbiak

pathetic

:laugh:

ManRam
02-15-2014, 01:28 PM
The best:

Shaq
Dwight
T-Mac
Penny

NoahH
02-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Chris Mullin
Rick Barry
Wilt Chamberlain
Paul Arzin

Steph Curry is on the outside looking in. He's close.

TheMightyHumph
02-15-2014, 03:18 PM
for Bucks fans, they SHOULD call him Alcindor. He changed his name the day after they won their one and only championship.

UCLA fans, and Bucks fans, are probably the only ones who can comfortably use Alcindor as his name. Or anyone who grew up in NYC in the mid 60's..

In the '60s in NYC, we called him Lewie.

NoahH
02-15-2014, 03:21 PM
The Sonics won a championship, and you can't put one of the players from that team on there? lol

Yeah where's Jack Sickma at?!

Westbrook36
02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
76ers

Allen Iverson
Dr. J
Wilt Chamberlain (Although only a few years, dominant, championship in 67')
Moses Malone

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 04:49 PM
In the '60s in NYC, we called him Lewie.

his high school team was like 70-2 or something ridiculous. He was a legend as a 10th grader haha. Rightly so

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Kobe

Sorry west.

Dr. buss too :(

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Kobe

Sorry west.

Dr. buss too :(

Not a Lakers fan, but I gotta say, West NEEDS to be on there, not only for what he did as a player, but also as the GM.

Kareem and Magic and West are all a lock.

I'd put Kobe in there after, though I think Shaq was actually more important to the team,but Kobe has been the most popular play for the franchise for liek 20 years now...

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Doc, Barkley, Mo, Iverson

JLynn943
02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Depends on if you want to include pre-Sacramento days (which I will):

Oscar Robertson
Chris Webber
Jerry Lucas
Mitch Richmond

Tiny Archibald could easily be in there, too.

Sacramento only:

Chris Webber
Mitch Richmond
Vlade Divac
Peja Stojakovic

Tough to choose between Peja and Bibby

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Rockets:

Hakeem Olajuwon
Moses Malone
Yao Ming
T-Mac

Its not my team but I might but Drexler over Yao or T-Mac because of there injuries

abe_froman
02-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Its not my team but I might but Drexler over Yao or T-Mac because of there injuries

even with injuries they played much more than drexler did due to being there much longer,and i mean drex wasnt the picture of health during the rockets days either

ManningToTyree
02-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Frazier
Ewing
Reed
Melo

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2014, 06:05 PM
even with injuries they played much more than drexler did due to being there much longer,and i mean drex wasnt the picture of health during the rockets days either

fair enough

Baller1
02-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Lenny Wilkens
Gary Payton
Ray Allen
Kevin Durant

rhino17
02-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Houston Rockets

-Hakeem Olajuwon
-Rudy Tomjanovich
-Moses Malone
-Yao Ming

The next in line I would say are
-Calvin Murphy
-Elvin Hayes
-Ralph Sampson
-Clyde Drexler
-Tracy McGrady

I think the first 2 are obvious and should be on everyone's list, after that it gets tough but I went with Yao and Moses

TheMightyHumph
02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Houston Rockets

-Hakeem Olajuwon
-Rudy Tomjanovich
-Moses Malone
-Yao Ming

The next in line I would say are
-Calvin Murphy
-Elvin Hayes
-Ralph Sampson
-Clyde Drexler
-Tracy McGrady

I think the first 2 are obvious and should be on everyone's list, after that it gets tough but I went with Yao and Moses

I'd choose Murphy over Yao

kozelkid
02-15-2014, 08:31 PM
For the Bulls, only locks are MJ and Pippen.

Afterwards, I could see any argument between Chet Walker, Bob Love, Gilmore, and perhaps even Deng or Noah. Maybe even Jerry Sloan, "the Original Bull."

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Moses Malone
Hakeem
Yao
Elvin Hayes

This isn't bad, but I would most certainly replace Hayes with Rudy T, not only because of his accomplishments as a player, but as a coach. In fact, I'd say he's the third most deserving person behind Hakeem and Moses. Behind those three, it's a toss up between Yao and Calvin. Because we already have two 70s-80s guys on there, I'd probably keep Yao.

Anyways, my Rockets Mount Rushmore would be:

Hakeem Olajuwon
Moses Malone
Rudy Tomjanovich
Yao Ming

Baller1
02-15-2014, 09:14 PM

Afterwards, I could see any argument between Chet Walker, Bob Love, Gilmore, and perhaps even Deng or Noah. Maybe even Jerry Sloan, "the Original Bull."

Phil Jackson I would assume?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Bird
Russell
Auerbach
Pierce

Have one for each generation and then the orchestrator of the greatest dynasty.

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Bird
Russell
Auerbach
Pierce

The Celtics are probably the toughest franchise to pick four guys from. But I think you're really dissing Hondo with this list. I'd probably put Havlicek over Pierce and possibly Auerbach, too. But you could also make a strong case for Cousy, Cowens and maybe even Garnett or Sam Jones.

Ill21
02-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Ewing
Frazier
Melo
Reed

NBA_Starter
02-15-2014, 09:37 PM
If you add the Charlotte Hornets years, who makes it?

LJ
Zo
Muggsy Bogues
Dell Curry

The first three have to be there. I think the fourth spot could be debated but I have to give Steph's dad the nod.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-15-2014, 09:38 PM
The Celtics are probably the toughest franchise to pick four guys from. But I think you're really dissing Hondo with this list. I'd probably put Havlicek over Pierce and possibly Auerbach, too. But you could also make a strong case for Cousy, Cowens and maybe even Garnett or Sam Jones.

FWIW, I don't think Pierce is higher than Hondo if we're ranking them all-time. Just thought it would be a neat idea if you did the star for each generation and then the guy who was the mind behind 16 championships. If we're doing the top 4 players then mine would be...

Bird
Russell
Hondo
One of Pierce/Cowens/Cousy/McHale

abe_froman
02-15-2014, 09:40 PM

unless you're doing players only ,than nobody has a case over red when it comes to celtics franchise

Carless Yen
02-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Price
Daughtery
Nance
Ilgauskas

bagwell368
02-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Bird
Russell
Auerbach
Pierce

You missed a dynasty. The 70's won 2 titles, could have been 4.

Career (by era, not quality):

Russell
Havlicek
Bird
Pierce

those first 3 are easy. Then one has to parse through: PP, McHale, Jones, Parish, Cousy, Cowens

Peak:

Bird
Russell
Garnett
McHale

xnick5757
02-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Russell
Bird
Havlicek
Red

Jint.
02-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Frazier
Reed
Ewing
King

bagwell368
02-15-2014, 10:30 PM
FWIW, I don't think Pierce is higher than Hondo if we're ranking them all-time. Just thought it would be a neat idea if you did the star for each generation

Russell 11 - one era
Havlicek 8 - 6 w/ Russell's era 2 w/ Cowens
Bird 3
KG 1

Havlicek is the only guy (along with rotation forward Nelson (3 Russell & 2 w/ Havlicek) to cross two dynasties (I don't count Chaney's 208 MP with Russell's last Championship team).

Havlicek has a major lead over all other Celtics in games played (1442), minutes played (53334), FGA, FGM, 2nd in assists (when they were tough in giving them out), 2nd in defensive win shares. He's one of the 4; behind Bird and Russell and ahead of anyone else (as you said).

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 11:58 PM
unless you're doing players only ,than nobody has a case over red when it comes to celtics franchise

Mmm.... Agree to disagree. Russell and Bird both easily have cases over Auerbach. He might be one of the greatest coaches of all-time, but a great coach is nothing without great players and both Russell and Bird are debatable top 10 all-time guys. I'd pick an all-time great player over an all-time great coach in terms of impact any day of the week.

eyeamagerm
02-16-2014, 12:24 AM
clippers

elton brand
bob mcadoo
eric piatowski
cp3/blake griffin

hard to choose there...and sad to have 2 newer players as some of the best....but who esle was there? world.b free?corey maggette?danny manning? i mean yeah they were great but not better than these in my eyes

Carless Yen
02-16-2014, 12:34 AM
YOU forgot Randy Smith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE3vguvN5sE

Drummond#1
02-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Pistons:

Isaiah Thomas
Ben Wallace
Grant Hill
Joe Dumars

Rodman, Dantley and Chauncey all deserve consideration.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Price
Daughtery
Nance
Ilgauskas

you are seriously going to leave LeBron off?

abe_froman
02-16-2014, 02:10 AM
Mmm.... Agree to disagree. Russell and Bird both easily have cases over Auerbach. He might be one of the greatest coaches of all-time, but a great coach is nothing without great players and both Russell and Bird are debatable top 10 all-time guys. I'd pick an all-time great player over an all-time great coach in terms of impact any day of the week.
he was more than just a coach,he was also exec who acquired all those guys ,so without him none of the guys we are discussing would be celtics.that has greater impact on the organization than anything.like i said,if we're talking strictly players than of course you dont include him,but if we're talking the celtics mount rushmore overall his name is first and foremost ,his fingers are all over the celtics from 50's-80's

Carless Yen
02-16-2014, 05:50 AM
i dont know who id take off for lebron , not like he won ring all those guys had great careers in a better era of talent and competition, if not for Jordan three of those guys have a ring in the 90s when Bulls dominated. Then Zs all time leading rebounder, and shot blocker. Not to mention second leading scorer, Price all time leading in assists and one the most underated point guards to play the game. I would give lebron honorable mention, since he never really won a ring when competition was kind of down in the league before the superstars teaming up trying to win phase.

ricky recon
02-16-2014, 06:08 AM

No way you can leave off Blackmon and Aguirre.

Dirk, Aguirre, Blackmon, Harper

Carless Yen
02-16-2014, 06:43 AM
That Mavs is tough cause Kidd assists and rebounds but id have to say dirk, aguirre,blackmon, and Harper as well with kidd honorabe mention

Minimal
02-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Pretty easy for Heat

Wade
LeBron
Zo
Hardaway

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 10:31 AM
i dont know who id take off for lebron , not like he won ring all those guys had great careers in a better era of talent and competition, if not for Jordan three of those guys have a ring in the 90s when Bulls dominated. Then Zs all time leading rebounder, and shot blocker. Not to mention second leading scorer, Price all time leading in assists and one the most underated point guards to play the game. I would give lebron honorable mention, since he never really won a ring when competition was kind of down in the league before the superstars teaming up trying to win phase.

This is totally nonsensical. No talent? Lebron had to play seven years in Cleveland with no legitimate No. 2 and had to go against that insanely good defensive Pistons team and the stacked Pierce, Garnett, Allen Celtics for years in the East. Not to mention, the one time he made the finals, he was up against the Duncan, Manu, Parker Spurs. Those are three of the best basketball teams of the last 20 years. To say the league wasn't as talented back then is a massive insult to those teams and all they accomplished (a combined five rings in the 2000s).

Lebron is, without a doubt, one of the four greatest Cavaliers of all-time. And he's also unquestionably the greatest player to ever don a Cavalier jersey in his prime. I don't know how this is even debatable, and I don't know how you can possibly let your hate cloud your judgment that much.

Vinny642
02-16-2014, 11:01 AM
CP3, LJ, Zo, Davis

bostncelts34
02-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Boston:

Bird
Russell
Pierce/Hondo/red/Mchale/cousy and so on

After those two, i really think you could put alot of people there. Many players/Red that can have a strong case made for them. One i will disagree on with is the people that have KG there over pierce. Was KG a better all time player? no doubt. But what pierce meant to the city of boston and the franchise, to me at least was alot more with his long tenure here.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Boston:

Bird
Russell
Pierce/Hondo/red/Mchale/cousy and so on

After those two, i really think you could put alot of people there. Many players/Red that can have a strong case made for them. One i will disagree on with is the people that have KG there over pierce. Was KG a better all time player? no doubt. But what pierce meant to the city of boston and the franchise, to me at least was alot more with his long tenure here.

Agree wholeheartedly on Pierce. In terms of players and their value to the Celtics franchise, I think Pierce would be a really, really close fourth with Havlicek getting a very slight lead at third behind Russell and Bird. After that, it's probably a coin flip between Cousy and Cowens. Then I'd look at McHale, Parish and Sam Jones before looking at KG, Dennis Johnson, Tommy Heinsohn and JoJo White.

kozelkid
02-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Phil Jackson I would assume?

For organization, undoubtedly. But this is just players.

Dade County
02-16-2014, 01:57 PM
D Wade
Alonzo
Lbj
Glen Rice, or Tim Hardaway

Also, for Laker fans that didn't add Shaq, you guys are mentally sick and have been brain washed by the media.

Because if you takeaway Kobe off of those Shaq lead championship teams, and replace him with any of the wing stars/super star wing players, the Lakers still win those titles.

But if you think Kobe would have gotten out of the west with out Shaq, or you give Kobe another star player to play with, in the east or the west; and you think they would have beaten a Shaw lead team or even make it to the Finals, you are lying to yourself and you didn't really comprehend the league back then.

JPS
02-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Sixers have three locks in DrJ, Barkley, Iverson. Then you choose between Wilt 3 years on team 1 chip, ot Moses 2 years on team 1 chip. I don't think you can leave the top three off

P&GRealist
02-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Lakers: Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Shaq had a better Laker player career than West's entire career as a Laker.

jsthornton7
02-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Player Mount Rushmore:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant

Non-Player Mount Rushmore

Chick Hearn
Jerry Buss
Jerry West
Pat Riley or Phil Jackson (I can't decide)

TheMightyHumph
02-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Sixers have three locks in DrJ, Barkley, Iverson. Then you choose between Wilt 3 years on team 1 chip, ot Moses 2 years on team 1 chip. I don't think you can leave the top three off

I believe Mo Cheeks deserves some consideration

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 08:56 PM

You are leaving off the best player in Cavs history easily. I imagine it may have something to do with the way he left, I am sure many Cavs fans are kind of torn on their opinion of him.

But make no mistake. He was the best player in your teams franchise history.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 08:58 PM

yeah, Moses is probably the 4th, he was the MVP of your 83' run.

$GangGr33n$
02-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Patrick Ewing
Walt "Clyde" Frazier
Willis Reed
Earl "The Pearl", Allan Houston, Bernard King, or Melo(If he stays longer)

P&GRealist
02-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Player Mount Rushmore:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant

Non-Player Mount Rushmore

Chick Hearn
Jerry Buss
Jerry West
Pat Riley or Phil Jackson (I can't decide)

5 > 4

3 peat + repeat > repeat + 1 + 1

JPS
02-16-2014, 09:24 PM

I believe Mo Cheeks deserves some consideration

Mo Cheeks is my favorite sixer ever. But these 5 were better.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 09:26 PM

Toney was my favorite to watch when I was a kid. When he got going, he was a machine

TheMightyHumph
02-16-2014, 09:45 PM

Yeah, but Mo a Sixer for 11 seasons, 3 Finals, One Title.

KenGriffeyJr24
02-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Clyde
Sabonis
B Roy
LaMarcus

Walton led us to our only title but he bugs me so much that I wouldn't put him on any mountain. Lillard will be up there eventually IMO.

cmellofan15
02-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Melo
Issel
Mutombo
English

rhino17
02-17-2014, 02:39 AM
I'd choose Murphy over Yao

It's close, but yao has more of a legendary status IMO, but I don't have a Problem with Murph being there, considering he personally taught me pretty much everything I know about basketball. He's a great guy and has done a lot for the rockets after he retired

Duncan = Donkey
02-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Nash
Barkley
Kevin Johnson
Marion

Clippersfan86
02-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Bob McAdoo, Randy Smith, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul.

Pistol_Pete
02-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Patrick Ewing
Walt "Clyde" Frazier
Willis Reed
Earl "The Pearl", Allan Houston, Bernard King, or Melo(If he stays longer)

I agree with this mostly. I put Bernard King in for my fourth, just edging out Monroe. Melo will probably top him if he has a few more superstar years. He hasn't been here long enough for me. Houston has too much baggage to put there. I'd probably pick DeBusschere or Bill Bradley over Houston

TylerSL
02-17-2014, 04:28 AM
For the Heat it would be

Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Alonzo Mourning
Tim Hardaway

Shaq really was not with Miami long enough to be considered (only 3 1/2 years). Bosh could get in over Hardaway, but he would have to spend the rest of his prime here. Wade/Lebron/Zo will all probably stay on forever.

TheMightyHumph
02-17-2014, 06:19 AM
It's close, but yao has more of a legendary status IMO, but I don't have a Problem with Murph being there, considering he personally taught me pretty much everything I know about basketball. He's a great guy and has done a lot for the rockets after he retired

And Murph spent his entire career with the Rockets, actually got to the Finals, great scoring guard the could pass (his FG%s a remarkable), and the toughest guy in the NBA. NOBODY tried to provoke Calvin.

DreamShaker
02-17-2014, 12:02 PM
This isn't bad, but I would most certainly replace Hayes with Rudy T, not only because of his accomplishments as a player, but as a coach. In fact, I'd say he's the third most deserving person behind Hakeem and Moses. Behind those three, it's a toss up between Yao and Calvin. Because we already have two 70s-80s guys on there, I'd probably keep Yao.

Anyways, my Rockets Mount Rushmore would be:

Hakeem Olajuwon
Moses Malone
Rudy Tomjanovich
Yao Ming

I was thinking only along the lines of players. Rudy T as a good player, but his legacy as a coach is much bigger in Rockets lore. I agree he's up there if you factor everything in.

KnicksorBust
02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Frazier
Ewing
Reed
Melo

Tough to leave out Dave Debusschere or Earl Monroe but yup.

Ebbs
02-17-2014, 12:40 PM

Dirk - Blackman - Harper - Aguirre

TheMightyHumph
02-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but Mo a Sixer for 11 seasons, 3 Finals, One Title.

Also, Hal Greer deserves a mention.

2_Trill
02-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Detroit Pistons mt. Rushmore

Isaiah Thomas, Dennis Rodman, Joe Dumars, and Allen Iverson

FYL_McVeezy
02-18-2014, 01:04 PM
NYK:

McGuire
Frazier
Reed
Ewing

Walt
02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Best players in franchise history: Dirk Nowitzki, Rolondo Blackman, Mark Aguirre, Michael Finley

My Mount Rushmore: Dirk Nowitzki, Rolondo Blackman, Jason Terry, Tyson Chandler

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Kobe magic Kareem west

Easily the best

Deadpool
02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Jerry West

edit: lol I didn't even read the post above.