PDA

View Full Version : Will Lebron James Win Another Championship

RocketLoc80
02-14-2014, 06:52 PM
People who relive him and people who appreciate him like I do honestly can he win another championship or his winning days are over?

RocketLoc80
02-14-2014, 06:53 PM
People who relive him and people who appreciate him like I do honestly can he win another championship or his winning days are over?

And explain why he will and why he won`t?

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes. He's the greatest player in the game. Despite recent shenanigans, nobody is close to him yet.

Burkey3472
02-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I expect him to be elite for another 5 seasons, which means he certainly has a chance. If he stays in Miami and Bosh leaves/Wade's knees fail him he could struggle though.

Baller1
02-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Yes...

Crackadalic
02-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Lol. He is winning at least one more. I'd say this year is probably his best shot in terms of a "easy" title

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Lol. He is winning at least one more. I'd say this year is probably his best shot in terms of a "easy" title

I'm curious to why you say this? What do you mean "easy"?

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Yes. He's the greatest player in the game. Despite recent shenanigans, nobody is close to him yet.

I don't think we will know one way or the other on this until the post season. I do think Lebron is still the better player but Durant has played good enough to make it questionable for me.

xxplayerxx23
02-14-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm curious to why you say this? What do you mean "easy"?

Gotta get past Indy that's it out east is what he's referring too

ManRam
02-14-2014, 09:37 PM
More likely than not. Nothing's for certain, especially with FA nearing and the Heat as currently constructed on the decline. But he's the league's best. Why bet against him?

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 10:21 PM

ok, I really didn't know. That's true, but east has been kinda bad for years so not sure how big of a difference it will be in the future. I also wouldn't call a title "easy" based off the first couple of rounds, especially if the next 2 rounds are vs great teams.

JEDean89
02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
i don't see them winning this year, there are some really stacked teams and he's gonna need wade to be healthy.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2014, 10:31 PM
I said when he went to the Heat that they will win 4 titles in 5 years. I'm still feeling pretty good about that prediction. I respect the Pacers and the Western Conference but he's the best in the game on a team with tons of chemistry with shooters, defenders, and players that sacrifice to win big games. If that's not a recipe for a 3-peat then I don't know what is...

Bostonjorge
02-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Miami was built for lebron and is perfect for all his strengths. So if Miami can't win it's lebron fault since he's has the most help in the league this year.

P&GRealist
02-14-2014, 11:05 PM

The Heat are the proven team. It's the Pacers that have to get thru the champs, not the other way around.

Nothing from this season tells me that the Heat won't 3-pear this yr.

LeBron is gonna win his 3rd ring this yr. OKC and Indiana still have flaws while LeBron himself covers up any flaws that Miami may have. And don't bring up the rebounding crap, cuz I've seen the Heat get outrebounded by teams and still blow them out.

P&GRealist
02-14-2014, 11:08 PM
I said when he went to the Heat that they will win 4 titles in 5 years. I'm still feeling pretty good about that prediction. I respect the Pacers and the Western Conference but he's the best in the game on a team with tons of chemistry with shooters, defenders, and players that sacrifice to win big games. If that's not a recipe for a 3-peat then I don't know what is...

I share the same exact sentiments, whether you love or hate the Heat, nobody is stopping them from 3-peating.

NBA_Starter
02-14-2014, 11:11 PM
I predict he will get at least three more with an outside shot at tying MJ.

P&GRealist
02-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I predict he will get at least three more with an outside shot at tying MJ.

I think he surpasses MJ's ring count rather easily.

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 11:19 PM
Miami was built for lebron and is perfect for all his strengths. So if Miami can't win it's lebron fault since he's has the most help in the league this year.

Explain the firsst sentance when the 2nd best player on the team has similar playing style (both needing ball to be most effective) and the third best player's best trait was being the focus of the offense too. He also has to be the best defender, facilitator an scorer. If he had an elite defender (that wasn't breaking down) to guard the other team's number one it would be better (meaning not perfect now). That team is very talented and one of the best overall in the league, but it isn't built perfectly at all.

So right now you are sure it's Lebrons fault? Context won't matter, if they lose it will all be on him?

Bostonjorge
02-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Explain the firsst sentance when the 2nd best player on the team has similar playing style (both needing ball to be most effective) and the third best player's best trait was being the focus of the offense too. He also has to be the best defender, facilitator an scorer. If he had an elite defender (that wasn't breaking down) to guard the other team's number one it would be better (meaning not perfect now). That team is very talented and one of the best overall in the league, but it isn't built perfectly at all.

So right now you are sure it's Lebrons fault? Context won't matter, if they lose it will all be on him?

It's a team full of shooters. Bosh has been spotting up to and knocking down shots. Lebron can dribble around and have 3 spot up shooter on the court at any time and a bail out star in wade.

Wade is the only other player on the team that needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Wade's D has never been a problem it's elite at times and good other times but never bad. With a league ran by guards wade is one of the better options on D.

mngopher35
02-15-2014, 12:42 AM
It's a team full of shooters. Bosh has been spotting up to and knocking down shots. Lebron can dribble around and have 3 spot up shooter on the court at any time and a bail out star in wade.

Wade is the only other player on the team that needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Wade's D has never been a problem it's elite at times and good other times but never bad. With a league ran by guards wade is one of the better options on D.

It is definitely a good cast, but you said it was perfect for him when there are certainly better teams that coule be made. I'm not the first person to say they don't fit right (lack of size, overlapping skillset of best 2 players, Bosh was best with the ball in Toronto so not sure why you'd say only wade).

You also didn't answer my second question.

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Will he and Can he are completely different questions?

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Indy has slowed down. PG is not what I expected. Calm your horses. Miami are still the favorites this year. It may be tougher but I believe last year Spurs were better than any team this year excluding Miami.

bucketss
02-15-2014, 02:00 AM
haters now : heat suck, they will not repeat, they will be lucky to beat indy let alone win a championship

haters in june: he has a super team hes suppose to win, refs rigged it, not impressive he had too much help, he got lucky.

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 02:03 AM
haters now : heat suck, they will not repeat, they will be lucky to beat indy let alone win a championship

haters in june: he has a super team hes suppose to win, refs rigged it, not impressive he had too much help, he got lucky.

Pretty much. Some people can't win regardless of what they do. It'll be fun reading their comments and saying how that ring doesn't count because Ray Allen made a three.

shep33
02-15-2014, 02:13 AM
I still think they're the favorites to win it this year. The first two rounds out east are going to be a breeze. Heck they don't even need Wade for those two rounds.

Indy in my opinion isn't the clear-cut favorite out east as a lot of people have been saying. Paul George is great, but his inconsistency offensively, and their inability to to score at times worries me.

I think Miami wins it again this year. Tough series against OKC, but I think Miami's experience wins out

mngopher35
02-15-2014, 02:28 AM
I still think they're the favorites to win it this year. The first two rounds out east are going to be a breeze. Heck they don't even need Wade for those two rounds.

Indy in my opinion isn't the clear-cut favorite out east as a lot of people have been saying. Paul George is great, but his inconsistency offensively, and their inability to to score at times worries me.

I think Miami wins it again this year. Tough series against OKC, but I think Miami's experience wins out

I think I agree, mostly because OKC is in the west and I give slight edge to Miami over Indy. I want to see a KD vs. Lebron duel in the finals, however it ends so be it.

shep33
02-15-2014, 02:38 AM
I think I agree, mostly because OKC is in the west and I give slight edge to Miami over Indy. I want to see a KD vs. Lebron duel in the finals, however it ends so be it.

Yeah, that would be fun. The west might be a challenge though for OKC. Right now if the playoffs were to start their sched could look something like this:

Warriors
Clips
Spurs/Rox

As opposed to Miami's first two rounds:

Brooklyn
Toronto/Washington
Indy

I mean even without Wade those first two rounds are likely sweeps

mngopher35
02-15-2014, 02:48 AM
Yeah, that would be fun. The west might be a challenge though for OKC. Right now if the playoffs were to start their sched could look something like this:

Warriors
Clips
Spurs/Rox

Brooklyn
Toronto/Washington
Indy

Ya, which is why even though I think they might be the best team if healthy, they just have a harder path. I think Pacers are the 3rd best team in the league though, likely another tight series. Should be a really fun playoffs (well half playoffs for east).

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:49 AM

you realize you are talking to a complete Kobe homer, despite his name, right?

There are LeBron haters who completely neglect the fact that Wade is a shell of himself, was all last years playoffs, and even in his previous playoffs in 2012, was nowhere near what he used to be. Bosh is good, although he disappears against Indy, and the rest of the cast is your classic championship team. Shooters and role players.

The last 2 LeBron playoff runs rival anyone in history's top playoff runs.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:50 AM

Warriors
Clips
Spurs/Rox

Brooklyn
Toronto/Washington
Indy

Jordan's Bulls, or any east team that has won a chip since the early 90's faced a much easier path. So?

shep33
02-15-2014, 02:59 AM
Jordan's Bulls, or any east team that has won a chip since the early 90's faced a much easier path. So?

I'm not saying it discredits any of their runs. I'm just saying that this works out perfect for them. Realistically they can limit Wade's minutes in those first two rounds and have him as healthy as can be for the Indy series and the Finals.

I think that's a huge advantage to have as opposed to OKC who will have to grind it out in the west, which makes me think that Miami will 3-peat this year

mngopher35
02-15-2014, 03:02 AM
you realize you are talking to a complete Kobe homer, despite his name, right?

There are LeBron haters who completely neglect the fact that Wade is a shell of himself, was all last years playoffs, and even in his previous playoffs in 2012, was nowhere near what he used to be. Bosh is good, although he disappears against Indy, and the rest of the cast is your classic championship team. Shooters and role players.

The last 2 LeBron playoff runs rival anyone in history's top playoff runs.

I'll give everyone a chance to explain their reasoning. It is frustrating sometimes though, I agree.

I said this in another thread but the performances and timing of them for Lebron have been great the last 2 years. It will help his legacy that he had amazing performances in games 6's and 7's that were elimination as well.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 03:11 AM
I'm not saying it discredits any of their runs. I'm just saying that this works out perfect for them. Realistically they can limit Wade's minutes in those first two rounds and have him as healthy as can be for the Indy series and the Finals.

I think that's a huge advantage to have as opposed to OKC who will have to grind it out in the west, which makes me think that Miami will 3-peat this year

for sure its an advantage. Has been to every east team that has won a chip in the last 20-22 years.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 03:11 AM
I'll give everyone a chance to explain their reasoning. It is frustrating sometimes though, I agree.

I said this in another thread but the performances and timing of them for Lebron have been great the last 2 years. It will help his legacy that he had amazing performances in games 6's and 7's that were elimination as well.

and yet despite the ONLY reason Miami being in the game in the 4th quarter of game 6 against the Spurs, his haters will point to Ray Allen's jumper.

lol, please
02-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Not if the Heat meet the Dubs in the finals. Warriors have their number.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 12:08 PM
but Durant has played good enough to make it questionable for me.

You're right. I take that back. I just feel it's a small sample size. But he's done enough to make it questionable that's for sure.

NoahH
02-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Warriors
Clips
Spurs/Rox

Brooklyn
Toronto/Washington
Indy

Good points there. OKC could have 3 7 game series on their hands before making it to the finals and Heat would have 2 sweeps and 1 7 game series.

21 games as opposed to 15 = significant difference that could decide the finals

Goose17
02-15-2014, 12:53 PM
The playoffs in the West are going to be manic. Even if you get home court advantage, I don't think you're "safe" not like you would have been in previous years. Especially for the third and fourth seeds.

TheNumber37
02-15-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't think so. At least not with D wade. the dude is banged up and getting older.

If they had to play game 7s against The Pacers and Spurs again I don't know if they get past them.

RocketLoc80
02-15-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't think so. At least not with D wade. the dude is banged up and getting older.

If they had to play game 7s against The Pacers and Spurs again I don't know if they get past them.

So you think Durant passes him up in the championship count and Lebron retires with 2?

Minimal
02-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Not if the Heat meet the Dubs in the finals. Warriors have their number.
Last time I checked..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1GLB-byeQ

beliges
02-15-2014, 02:26 PM

So you think Durant passes him up in the championship count and Lebron retires with 2?

Lebrons got all the talent around him to win a few more. However durant is right there with him at this point and could prevent lebron from winning more. This will come down to which player steps up and leads their team.

RocketLoc80
02-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Lebrons got all the talent around him to win a few more. However durant is right there with him at this point and could prevent lebron from winning more. This will come down to which player steps up and leads their team.

So your prediction is that he will?

beliges
02-15-2014, 02:47 PM

So your prediction is that he will?

Well my prediction is he should. Whether he wil or not will be determined by whether he can outlay Paul George and/or Durant.

Bostonjorge
02-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Lebron can win again as long as he keeps his road. Leave Miami and join a former finals mvp and a top 10 player. Recycle and repeat. Easy.

RocketLoc80
02-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Lebron can win again as long as he keeps his road. Leave Miami and join a former finals mvp and a top 10 player. Recycle and repeat. Easy.

You area joke man

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:20 PM

never gets old

MTar786
02-16-2014, 03:32 PM
if they win it this year i see him winning up to 2 more rings. if they don win it this year then i only see him having a chance at one more title

MTar786
02-16-2014, 03:33 PM

lol good point

RocketLoc80
02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
if they win it this year i see him winning up to 2 more rings. if they don win it this year then i only see him having a chance at one more title

Your sig should say all about your s**t ***** opinion