PDA

View Full Version : Lets have another Lebron thread, are you unfairly harsh on him?

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:13 PM
A few questions, based on some stuff I've read recently in threads.

Why is it acceptable for Durant to fail when he had Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka (and now with just the latter two), but completely unacceptable for Lebron to fail with Wade and Bosh? Durant has the same amount of help that Lebron does, so why hasn't he won a ring? Why aren't people giving him a hard time like you gave Lebron?

Why does Melo get a pass? Why is it okay for him to fail without help but Lebron gets criticized for not being able to win without it? Why is it that we shouldn't expect Melo to win without help, but we should Lebron? If Lebron was on that squad instead of Melo, and they were not making the playoffs, would you be as sympathetic?

Why is it that people think Lebron isn't one of the top ten all time because he hasn't won enough championships, but at the same time, people think Durant is as good (or better than) Lebron when Durant hasn't won a ring, an MVP, or pretty much achieved anything in his career?

DISCLAIMERS:

I don't mean to say that you should measure a player by how many rings he has won, that's stupid, I dislike that approach, but a lot of people do rely on it.

I actually find Durant a more entertaining player to watch, I enjoy his game more. So I'm not a Lebron dickrider and I'm not trying to disrespect KD or anything, don't start that. I'm simply wondering why people have different rules for Lebron than they do for KD and Melo etc but then argue those two are just as good.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Do you really need to ****ing go over this, dude?

Age/choice/conference/expectations (much of it self created on Lebron's part), to break it down.

Also, not winning MVP last season due to Bron's 2nd half and the injury to Westbrook after the 1st game of the playoffs alleviated the hate that would've begun this year and was already beginning to mount before the playoffs.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 05:28 PM
And nobody argues Melo is as good as Lebron or has the same expectations of him. Ridiculous statement.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:32 PM

Age/choice/conference/expectations (much of it self created on Lebron's part), to break it down.

Also, not winning MVP last season due to Bron's 2nd half and the injury to Westbrook after the 1st game of the playoffs alleviated the hate that would've begun this year and was already beginning to mount before the playoffs.

None of that is an answer. Elaborate or just don't respond at all.

And do I need to go over this? Over what? I'm just trying to understand why people don't hold KD and others to the same standards as Lebron.

And nobody argues Melo is as good as Lebron or has the same expectations of him. Ridiculous statement.

You need to visit some of the recent threads.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Why do you make these threads... honestly... last time it was Melo is better than Lebron mocking his 62 point game if I'm not mistaken because you were mad about Lebron threads.

Stop dude just stop.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:37 PM
Why do you make these threads... honestly... last time it was Melo is better than Lebron mocking his 62 point game if I'm not mistaken because you were mad about Lebron threads.

Stop dude just stop.

That was a parody of the thread some joker made about KD being better than Lebron because he outperformed him for 3 months.

Just FYI.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 05:38 PM
None of that is an answer. Elaborate or just don't respond at all.

And do I need to go over this? Over what? I'm just trying to understand why people don't hold KD and others to the same standards as Lebron.

You need to visit some of the recent threads.

In your heart of hearts you don't understand why people don't hold ROY - 4X MVP - currently peak of his career Lebron James who joined two #1's on the "Not four, not five, not six" Miami Heat to the same standard as other players? "The Chosen One" - "I should've been b2b DPOY" - "I should be on the Mount Rushmore of hoops" Lebron James? Hahaha, nothing getting through there to shed some light, man?

I'll just assume you're trolling, I refuse to believe someone is this dense.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:43 PM
In your heart of hearts you don't understand why people don't hold ROY - 4X MVP - currently peak of his career Lebron James who joined two #1's on the "Not four, not five, not six" Miami Heat to the same standard as other players? "The Chosen One" - "I should've been b2b DPOY" - "I should be on the Mount Rushmore of hoops" Lebron James? Hahaha, nothing getting through there to shed some light, man?

I'll just assume you're trolling, I refuse to believe someone is this dense.

But people were expecting him to be a champion long before he stepped foot in Miami. The media were hyping him as the next MJ when he was barely finished puberty.

And again, you blame him for teaming up with Wade and Bosh to win like it's a negative thing, but you give Durant a pass despite the fact that Harden, Ibaka and Westbrook are a better trio than anything Lebron has EVER played with. And you say Melo shouldn't be expected to win anything without help.

About 80% of the hate is due to the media, only about 10%-15% is self inflicted when you look through his entire career, the rest is just blind jealousy imho.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Imho you are an apologist with ridiculous humble opinions.

Moving on, I can't handle any more of this site for today.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Wow, you really are filled with hate. I can't help but think you're jealous of his success or something, I don't understand why else you would act like this.

RLundi
02-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Melo gets his fair share of hate, if for no other reason than he plays for the Knicks.

Hell, most people on this site don't think he's a top 10 player.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Melo gets his fair share of hate, if for no other reason than he plays for the Knicks.

Most people. But I seen a Knicks fan on here and another guy compare him to Lebron today.

PowerHouse
02-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Why is it acceptable for Durant to fail when he had Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka (and now with just the latter two), but completely unacceptable for Lebron to fail with Wade and Bosh? Durant has the same amount of help that Lebron does, so why hasn't he won a ring? Why aren't people giving him a hard time like you gave Lebron?

Why does Melo get a pass? Why is it okay for him to fail without help but Lebron gets criticized for not being able to win without it? Why is it that we shouldn't expect Melo to win without help, but we should Lebron? If Lebron was on that squad instead of Melo, and they were not making the playoffs, would you be as sympathetic?

Why is it that people think Lebron isn't one of the top ten all time because he hasn't won enough championships, but at the same time, people think Durant is as good (or better than) Lebron when Durant hasn't won a ring, an MVP, or pretty much achieved anything in his career?

DISCLAIMERS:

I don't mean to say that you should measure a player by how many rings he has won, that's stupid, I dislike that approach, but a lot of people do rely on it.

I actually find Durant a more entertaining player to watch, I enjoy his game more. So I'm not a Lebron dickrider and I'm not trying to disrespect KD or anything, don't start that. I'm simply wondering why people have different rules for Lebron than they do for KD and Melo etc but then argue those two are just as good.
Durant never boasted the "not one, not two, not three, not four, etc" speech in a silly self publicizing press conference/circus show as did Lebron. Also, anybody who pulls an under-handed scheme to get themselves on a winning team deserves as much harsh criticism as possible. If he wouldve just stayed with his hometown in Cleveland and turned them into a championship team, he wouldve been the most beloved star in NBA history but he didnt.

Crackadalic
02-14-2014, 06:16 PM
When the media gives you the title "King" before you even step in the nba yiur going to get more pressure. The nba was desperately looking to get a player close to MJ talent and deem him one which isn't fair.

Durant was just a really good player that so happens to blossom to a top 2 player.

It's unfair but that's just how it is

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:18 PM
When the media gives you the title "King" before you even step in the nba yiur going to get more pressure. The nba was desperately looking to get a player close to MJ talent and deem him one which isn't fair.

Durant was just a really good player that so happens to blossom to a top 2 player.

It's unfair but that's just how it is

See people^ this is what an unbiased opinion looks like. Bravo my friend.

bluefire7002
02-15-2014, 12:26 AM
But people were expecting him to be a champion long before he stepped foot in Miami. The media were hyping him as the next MJ when he was barely finished puberty.

And again, you blame him for teaming up with Wade and Bosh to win like it's a negative thing, but you give Durant a pass despite the fact that Harden, Ibaka and Westbrook are a better trio than anything Lebron has EVER played with. And you say Melo shouldn't be expected to win anything without help.

About 80% of the hate is due to the media, only about 10%-15% is self inflicted when you look through his entire career, the rest is just blind jealousy imho.

I dont think its blind jealousy at all... I will give you that part of it is the media started crowning him the king when he hadn't even played a game in the NBA yet, but lets be honest... LeBron isint the most humble guy either... He didn't have to go on National TV and say he was leaving his hometown/team to join two other great players, nor did he have to have a parade about how they were going to win 7+ titles.

Also Durant has stuck with his team since he was drafted, it just happens that his other teammates have developed into great players. It's taken a few years but Thunder's core are well developed now.

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Massive Douchebag, but best player in the game. I never criticise his abilty just comment on how much of a douche he is or how good he is.

Supreme LA
02-15-2014, 07:54 AM
See people^ this is what an unbiased opinion looks like. Bravo my friend.

Are you serious?? It's only an unbiased opinion to you because it's what you want to hear!

There are legitimate reason that people have for why Lebron is facing more pressure. Aside from the fact he's been a complete douche bag this past week, the "not 5, not 6, not 7", leaving his hometown to join two other superstars in their primes, and his ridiculous flopping.

This thread just comes off as a desperate plee for you to find some people that dick ride Lebron just as hard as you do. Let's be honest, you love the guy. Everyone else respects the hell out of him as a player but not so much as a person. It's time you just accept that and realize he created his own pressure, he unknowingly comes off as a pompous douche, and nothing is going to change. Lebron created all of this.

On the other hand, KD is a humble guy and people love his loyalty. It's only natural that people root for the underdog as I'm sure most fans are rooting for him.

bledrules
02-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Personally I despise LBJ,He and Kobe Bryant have destroyed NBA basketball
Its almost a travesty that the NBA has become a bunch of overpaid punks with short pants

Goose17
02-15-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't love the guy I respect him. I prefer KD as a player, I find him more fun to watch.

Aside from the "not one, not two" stuff, everything else has been fabricated by the media and you sheep just follow the haters blindly.

Have any of you actually watched him being interviewed? He's a very humble man.

Confident sure, but aldo humble. And he's never said anything that the other greats wouldn't have.

On top of all that Jordan is hands down the most arrogant and inconsiderate player the league has ever encountered and that was before he even won a chip. Everyone dick riding him though because of the talent. Nobody hates on him for his personality because of what he done on the court. They respect him.

Don't act like it's a personal thing. You've been duped by the media. You just don't like seeing him succeed year in and year out, proving people wrong.

On top of all that, Durant is the medias little darling. They treat him completely differently which only amplifies the hate for Lebron.

As I said, I prefer Durants game, I find it more fun to watch. But the baby face and heel stuff is entirely fabricated by the media.

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I think the guy gets pretty arrogant at times, but the man is a global icon. If any one of us were in the same situation, it would be hard not to get full of ourselves. And it's not like things have been gift-wrapped for him or that he doesn't work at his game constantly. I'll admit that I defend Lebron more than probably anyone on this site, but that doesn't mean that I don't understand from time to time why people get frustrated with him. They want the humble superstar who thanks God after everything he does, only says what he has to with the media and praises other players before accepting praise himself. But that's just not in Lebron's makeup.

That being said, I do think there tends to be way too much Lebron hate on this site. You don't have to like the guy as a person, and you can criticize the things he says all you want to. I get that. I'm fine with that. But then they start criticizing his game, taking cheap shots at his legacy and things he has no control over. Or they bring up the choice to go to Miami rather than sticking with a franchise that did an abysmal job finding him a legitimate No. 2 for seven years. That criticism is unfair, and I don't understand it.

TL;DR: I guess my point is that people need to separate Lebron, the person, from Lebron, the basketball player. If you don't like him because he's arrogant and says some dumb **** from time to time, that's fine. But don't let it cloud your judgment from how insanely good the man is at the game of basketball.

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Holy ****.... Tredigs got banned? Does anyone know why?

Heediot
02-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Vegas had Cleveland with best odds to win EC a lot of the latter years when Bron was in Cleveland. OKC made it to the finals no expected them to win, Vegas had them as West favorites. OKC met expectations. Aside from the Sonics team name me another team with their top 4 players 23 and under winning a title? Miami is supposed to win with the cop out dynasty and he was arrogant with the not 1,2,3,4... The latter he put on himself.

It's all about what was expected of LeBron and his teams compared to what was expected of Durant and his team.

Heediot
02-15-2014, 10:25 AM

There's more to it than stats, what about intangibles? I'll take Wade's intangibles and maturity and mental toughness over Harden and Westbrook. Again name me a team that young that won a title? It's more than just talent.

koreancabbage
02-15-2014, 10:28 AM
so from what i'm hearing. if Lebron didn't say anything to the press or media, you guys would still be in love with him?

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 10:46 AM
so from what i'm hearing. if Lebron didn't say anything to the press or media, you guys would still be in love with him?

This question is a little confusing. Are you addressing Lebron fans or haters? Because I admire the guy and his game regardless of what he says to the media. It doesn't make a difference either way for me. I understand why others don't like it, but a little arrogance doesn't stop me from being a fan of the guy.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-15-2014, 10:46 AM
There has been quite a wave of emotions with Lebron

Once he went to Miami, he gathered a lot of haters. Some good, some unreasonable.

After watching Lebron dominating the league for years, some haters turned into fans, while some continued to hate. Shooting down anything Lebron does and criticizing it, even if it doesnt make sense.

There are still fans that unreasonably hate Lebron, but there are also people who defend anything Lebron does, to a fault.

Lebron now has fans and haters all over the spectrum.

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 03:07 PM
I bet many of you called Jordan fearless for hitting Kerr. Yet, I bet many of you forget that the money that was made by "The Decision" was roughly $3 million and was all donated to the Boys and Girls Club of America. Yet, I bet many of you take offense when he says he has the chance to be on of the greatest ever but if anyone else says it, it's humble. Or how about the fact that he left to join another team that could give him a realistic chance of winning despite how horrific Cleveland is? I mean have you seen that franchise? Did you read the article about what Luol Deng - one of the most respected players in NBA said about that franchise the first week he was there? Or how about how Cleveland is STILL losing four years after LeBron's departure. You guys need to find something else to complain about because it's not working. Any player saying they don't want to be the GOAT or how they don't want to be the best are just fallacies. KD and LeBron both want to be the best. End of story.

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:32 PM

DISCLAIMERS:

At the end of the day, we hold better players to higher standards. How ever much higher the criticism or standard that Lebron is held to over Melo and Durant is a reflection of how much better he is than those two players. No one is shocked when Durant, or Melo doesn't win. They don't expect them to. This is the haters tell on how good they know in there Hearts Lebron is. Though they will never admit it, there ridiculously high standard they hold him to is a testament of the fear/respect they have for him.

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:34 PM

Calm down

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:39 PM

No one should let an NBA player make them this mad. Kinda sound like a woman during that time of the month PEAK!

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Wow, you really are filled with hate. I can't help but think you're jealous of his success or something, I don't understand why else you would act like this.

+1

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:43 PM

I tend to agree with this. Its really only Durant who is said to be as good as Lebron, but then doesn't get held to the same standard of success as Lebron, when he clearly has the pieces around him to succeed.

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Are you serious?? It's only an unbiased opinion to you because it's what you want to hear!

There are legitimate reason that people have for why Lebron is facing more pressure. Aside from the fact he's been a complete douche bag this past week, the "not 5, not 6, not 7", leaving his hometown to join two other superstars in their primes, and his ridiculous flopping.

This thread just comes off as a desperate plee for you to find some people that dick ride Lebron just as hard as you do. Let's be honest, you love the guy. Everyone else respects the hell out of him as a player but not so much as a person. It's time you just accept that and realize he created his own pressure, he unknowingly comes off as a pompous douche, and nothing is going to change. Lebron created all of this.

On the other hand, KD is a humble guy and people love his loyalty. It's only natural that people root for the underdog as I'm sure most fans are rooting for him.

One glaring problem with your argument is that before any of the above ever happened, people still set a much higher standard for him playing with trash on cleveland, than they ever did on Durant with a stacked team.

IKnowHoops
02-15-2014, 11:54 PM
I don't love the guy I respect him. I prefer KD as a player, I find him more fun to watch.

Aside from the "not one, not two" stuff, everything else has been fabricated by the media and you sheep just follow the haters blindly.

Have any of you actually watched him being interviewed? He's a very humble man.

Confident sure, but aldo humble. And he's never said anything that the other greats wouldn't have.

On top of all that Jordan is hands down the most arrogant and inconsiderate player the league has ever encountered and that was before he even won a chip. Everyone dick riding him though because of the talent. Nobody hates on him for his personality because of what he done on the court. They respect him.

Don't act like it's a personal thing. You've been duped by the media. You just don't like seeing him succeed year in and year out, proving people wrong.

On top of all that, Durant is the medias little darling. They treat him completely differently which only amplifies the hate for Lebron.

As I said, I prefer Durants game, I find it more fun to watch. But the baby face and heel stuff is entirely fabricated by the media.

Hit the nail on the head.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Holy ****.... Tredigs got banned? Does anyone know why?

I don't know why, but your not a true poster until you get banned so congrats to him.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 12:17 AM
I don't know why, but your not a true poster until you get banned so congrats to him.

I've been here for over six years and have over 20,000 posts. Am I not a "true poster?" Also, are you aware that you can multi-quote different posts? You just made seven consecutive posts in the same thread, which is ridiculous.

Da Knicks
02-16-2014, 02:40 AM
I used to be a big Lebron fan but then he joined the hated rival heat. He has being the best athlete the nba has seen in a very long while and was put on a pedestal by the nba because of it. His skill set is not as great as Durants or Melos but his athletic ability is just 5x greater.

He has being a major douchebag and yes so was Jordan but people just get to see Lebron a lot more and see how transparent he is. He has brought a lot of hate on himself with the whole king stuff and proclamations he makes.

From a competitive standpoint he reminds me of the big kids that feared losing and joined the bigger kids to beat up on the smaller kids. I think if Wade had not already won a chip I could respect Lebron a little more. He fell into the whole Kobe is better because of the rings when in reality he was much superior. Durant has the help to win but I don't think they have the maturity that wade has as a sidekick. Melo has jr smith enough said.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2014, 02:44 AM
I dont think its blind jealousy at all... I will give you that part of it is the media started crowning him the king when he hadn't even played a game in the NBA yet, but lets be honest... LeBron isint the most humble guy either... He didn't have to go on National TV and say he was leaving his hometown/team to join two other great players, nor did he have to have a parade about how they were going to win 7+ titles.

Also Durant has stuck with his team since he was drafted, it just happens that his other teammates have developed into great players. It's taken a few years but Thunder's core are well developed now.

uhh, aren't you proving his point? LeBron was given exactly what in Cleveland? Durant's FO gave him so much talent, they actually had to deal away a superstar because they couldn't afford how awesome they drafted.

lol, please
02-16-2014, 03:15 AM
I've been here for over six years and have over 20,000 posts. Am I not a "true poster?" Also, are you aware that you can multi-quote different posts? You just mad seven consecutive posts in the same thread, which is ridiculous.

:laugh2:

amos1er
02-16-2014, 04:01 AM
Because he was only 22 and they were greener than Lebron's bank account facing a super team the likes of which had never been seen before.

Sactown
02-16-2014, 05:24 AM
I love the not one not two comments as if Wade and Bosh weren't part of it and it was one big event LeBron planned himself... And the ownership and management had nothing to do with it...

Or The Decision as if had a plan to humiliate Cleveland .. when in reality ESPN probably offered his agent an opportunity to donate money to charity ( which he did)

You guys twist the truth to turn him into a villian when he was just probably going along with the ride

And about the arrogant comments... As if Kobe or MJ or Wade or Bird ever boasted about themselves the difference now is there are. 500 million more media outlets then just 6 years ago covering the NBA...

bluefire7002
02-16-2014, 05:41 AM
uhh, aren't you proving his point? LeBron was given exactly what in Cleveland? Durant's FO gave him so much talent, they actually had to deal away a superstar because they couldn't afford how awesome they drafted.

That is sort of my point... Who's to say if LeBron was to stay with Cleveland he wouldn't of got another all-star (through trade or signing) on his team?? It's not like they were getting blown out in the first/second round of the playoffs every year... They were going each year with the top seed in the east with homecourt... They were already getting 60+ wins per season. they would have probably had a great/dominating team adding one more player.

Durant is a great player yet he doesn't brag about how great he or his team is which equals in him becoming a much more liked player overall. Of course I can see him getting frustrated the last few years(like LeBron has in the past) losing in the finals or conference finals, yet I don't have a doubt in my head that he will leave when his contract is up to join another team with great players to get a ring....

bluefire7002
02-16-2014, 05:50 AM
I love the not one not two comments as if Wade and Bosh weren't part of it and it was one big event LeBron planned himself... And the ownership and management had nothing to do with it...

Or The Decision as if had a plan to humiliate Cleveland .. when in reality ESPN probably offered his agent an opportunity to donate money to charity ( which he did)

You guys twist the truth to turn him into a villian when he was just probably going along with the ride

And about the arrogant comments... As if Kobe or MJ or Wade or Bird ever boasted about themselves the difference now is there are. 500 million more media outlets then just 6 years ago covering the NBA...

Wade will never really get the hate that LeBron is getting because he simply stayed on the team he already was in.. Bosh was never really a threat to compete for a title on the Raptors, nor was he a threat to become the next greatest player ever. He simply fit in to the ***** role on the big 3 for the Heat. And I'm not just picking on LeBron, because if it went the other way and he got the other 2 to go to Cleveland and join them, it would be a way different story. It seems stupid but if he went on national tv to say he was staying with the cavs and a day or two later you hear Wade and Bosh joined the cavs, LeBron has no reason to be hated on.

Is that not exactly what Lebron did though, in humiliating Cleveland??? ask any Cavs fan... thats exactly what he did... I am sure anyone in that position that LeBron was in knew how bad that would be leaving your old team like that. Especially when he promised them a championship. Hell if it was charity making a difference on going national with the decision, than just donate that **** on the side to the charity. I know how much he became hated because one of my old bosses was from Cleveland (old cavs fan) and ranted for months about how LeBron simply **** on every cavs fan doing that nationally :laugh2:

Heediot
02-16-2014, 06:15 AM
To be fair to LeBron he did make Mo Williams look a fringe all-star and elevated a lackluster Cleveland team full of fringe starters and role players. I still feel that he needed to lean on Wade to get over the mental toughness hump in the playoffs. Once he got that first championship there would be less pressure (media driven, but ultimately self inflicted - true pressure is what how you react to your stressors) and he would play with less self consciousness. LeBron knew he had a guy with a killer instinct that he lacked at that point in his development. After the first title, he played more fearless in pressure situations. Most of the all time greats are ego maniacs and care about legacy, so can't hate on the guy for what drives him, Not a fan of the cop out dynasty, 1 title in Cleveland and he will still be remembered as a top 2-3 player when it's all said and done. No one really harps on Barkley or Malone because they didn't win a title. The teams they were on were not expected to win titles in the Jordan era. What's unfair is LeBron made his Cavs team look so good that people-analysts overrated his Cavs teams. I don't hate on him for not winning in Cleveland. I just thought people focused too much on stats and did not see that the guy wasn't as mentally tough a few years ago before his first title.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-16-2014, 06:16 AM

I've been here for over six years and have over 20,000 posts. Am I not a "true poster?" Also, are you aware that you can multi-quote different posts? You just mad seven consecutive posts in the same thread, which is ridiculous.

To be fair you can't multi quote on the app...at least I can't.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Exactly. And I don't mean this as a knock on Durant, but if you had given Lebron the same supporting cast in Cleveland at the same age, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have won at least one title by now. Also, there's not a chance in hell Lebron would have left Cleveland with a supporting cast that talented.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 12:03 PM
To be fair you can't multi quote on the app...at least I can't.

Yeah, except none of his posts had the little "posted from Android app" note at the bottom. Also, a lot of them were just thoughts he kept spewing out. I can understand somebody having maybe 2-3 posts in a row to address different posters or to add a totally different thought, but there's no reason to have seven straight posts of like 1-2 sentences. That's just obvious post padding.

Teeboy1487
02-16-2014, 12:45 PM
All superstars will be pressured to win because their legacies are made by winning rings. It's something that didn't arise suddenly. It's been the way for ages. Lebron also puts this pressure on himself as well. When he is saying he sees himself being in the Mt. Rushmore of NBA players of all time, that means I expect him to win. Lebron usually delivers so I'm not harsh on him. I have my expectations of him.

HYFR
02-16-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm not harsh on him at all. He is the best in the game but I can see why people are turned off by him.

Sactown
02-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Wade will never really get the hate that LeBron is getting because he simply stayed on the team he already was in.. Bosh was never really a threat to compete for a title on the Raptors, nor was he a threat to become the next greatest player ever. He simply fit in to the ***** role on the big 3 for the Heat. And I'm not just picking on LeBron, because if it went the other way and he got the other 2 to go to Cleveland and join them, it would be a way different story. It seems stupid but if he went on national tv to say he was staying with the cavs and a day or two later you hear Wade and Bosh joined the cavs, LeBron has no reason to be hated on.

Is that not exactly what Lebron did though, in humiliating Cleveland??? ask any Cavs fan... thats exactly what he did... I am sure anyone in that position that LeBron was in knew how bad that would be leaving your old team like that. Especially when he promised them a championship. Hell if it was charity making a difference on going national with the decision, than just donate that **** on the side to the charity. I know how much he became hated because one of my old bosses was from Cleveland (old cavs fan) and ranted for months about how LeBron simply **** on every cavs fan doing that nationally :laugh2:
I wasn't arguing that he didn't embarrass Cleveland, but that clearly wasn't his intentions , his intentions were he was asked to do this and had the opportunity to do charity work.. not like he woke up and was like how am I going to **** Cleveland over today..

Also I get that Wade stayed, but it's easier to stat when you have LeBron and Bosh coming to town, and even that shouldnt change him saying not one not two...

And yeah Bosh kinda deserves no heat since his sacrificed so much anyways lol

letsgoo
02-16-2014, 02:27 PM
To answer the question posed by the OP.

It comes down to pride. LeBron has shown himself over and over to have an incredibly high sense of self worth and entitlement. His pride is the size of that "mount rushmore" rock itself.

Kevin Durant doesn't invite hate the way LeBron does because of his humility.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Exactly. And I don't mean this as a knock on Durant, but if you had given Lebron the same supporting cast in Cleveland at the same age, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have won at least one title by now. Also, there's not a chance in hell Lebron would have left Cleveland with a supporting cast that talented.

I disagree. His game does not blend well with Westbrook. Durant always had a sweet J so he could play off Westy if needed. Neither James or Westbrook had threatening jumper to put pressure on defenses at 23. James didn't have the killer instinct to win a title in my opinion. His defense was also worse than it is today.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 05:01 PM
I've been here for over six years and have over 20,000 posts. Am I not a "true poster?" Also, are you aware that you can multi-quote different posts? You just made seven consecutive posts in the same thread, which is ridiculous.

Don't really see why it matters one way or the other. Same result occurs either way. And you haven't multi quoted once with 5-6 posts in the same thread before me so practice what you preach before you address me.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah, except none of his posts had the little "posted from Android app" note at the bottom. Also, a lot of them were just thoughts he kept spewing out. I can understand somebody having maybe 2-3 posts in a row to address different posters or to add a totally different thought, but there's no reason to have seven straight posts of like 1-2 sentences. That's just obvious post padding.

ahahahahahahahaah. Are you serious with this? I'm answering questions as I read them. nothing more. You know you have 20,000 posts. I have no idea how many I have. I could care less about that crap. Post padding? What for? Why would I care how many posts I have. Dude, we don't care about the same things. I'm not looking at you dude, I'm looking past you.

sammyvine
02-16-2014, 05:11 PM
its just who he is

there have been countless superstars who haven't been as arrogant as him Duncan, Hakeem etc..

I just think its his character. Durant is slightly more humble or gives off a humble vibe

letsgoo
02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
its just who he is

there have been countless superstars who haven't been as arrogant as him Duncan, Hakeem etc..

I just think its his character. Durant is slightly more humble or gives off a humble vibe

Exactly. Fans are more attracted to humility instead of pride.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
I disagree. His game does not blend well with Westbrook. Durant always had a sweet J so he could play off Westy if needed. Neither James or Westbrook had threatening jumper to put pressure on defenses at 23. James didn't have the killer instinct to win a title in my opinion. His defense was also worse than it is today.

Your crazy. With Westbrook, Ibaka, Green and Harden, Lebron would have stayed where he was at and easily won titles. It would of been showtime lakers. Westbrook and Bron on a fast break would be unfair.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Your crazy. With Westbrook, Ibaka, Green and Harden, Lebron would have stayed where he was at and easily won titles. It would of been showtime lakers. Westbrook and Bron on a fast break would be unfair.

I mean I disagreed with the comment that he would of won a title that young that year. I do agree he definitely would of stayed and won titles after he and his teammates matured further.

P&GRealist
02-16-2014, 05:27 PM
To answer the question posed by the OP.

It comes down to pride. LeBron has shown himself over and over to have an incredibly high sense of self worth and entitlement. His pride is the size of that "mount rushmore" rock itself.

Kevin Durant doesn't invite hate the way LeBron does because of his humility.

This one post basically sums it up.

Everyone else here just spewed a whole lots of nonsense and verbal diarrhea.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 05:46 PM
I mean I disagreed with the comment that he would of won a title that young that year. I do agree he definitely would of stayed and won titles after he and his teammates matured further.

I say he would of won that year. Technically the only thing stopping Durant from winning was Lebron, and since Lebron would not of had to go against himself, he would of won that year. OKC was the more talented team that year. If you remember, they were the favorites. And again the other reason OKC lost is because Harden got shut down by Lebron...had Bron been on hi team he would of been great and they would of won again, so I feel which ever team Bron was on in that finals would of won.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 05:56 PM
I say he would of won that year. Technically the only thing stopping Durant from winning was Lebron, and since Lebron would not of had to go against himself, he would of won that year. OKC was the more talented team that year. If you remember, they were the favorites. And again the other reason OKC lost is because Harden got shut down by Lebron...had Bron been on hi team he would of been great and they would of won again, so I feel which ever team Bron was on in that finals would of won.

I think people subconsciously project the LeBron of recent to the LeBron of 23. LeBron was still a physical beast at 23 but his jumper was average and his defense was good but still a work in progress. His killer instinct didn't gain momentum until after his first title. Only one team in NBA history won with such a young group of players. The Spurs may have gave them a problem, they have a easier time planning for LeBron (especially a younger one) then they do for Durant's skill-set.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
You realize that people said exactly the same thing about Lebron and Wade, and that Westbrook's game resemble's Wade's in a lot of ways, right? If Lebron and Wade could win back-to-back titles and make three Finals appearances in three years, I'm pretty sure a team with Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Co. could have won at least one title in the last 2-3 years they were together.

[/B]

Don't really see why it matters one way or the other. Same result occurs either way. And you haven't multi quoted once with 5-6 posts in the same thread before me so practice what you preach before you address me.

ahahahahahahahaah. Are you serious with this? I'm answering questions as I read them. nothing more. You know you have 20,000 posts. I have no idea how many I have. I could care less about that crap. Post padding? What for? Why would I care how many posts I have. Dude, we don't care about the same things. I'm not looking at you dude, I'm looking past you.
I multi-quote all the time and you'll never see me have more than 2-3 posts in a row in the same thread ever. I have 20,000 posts because I'm very active, especially over the summer when PSD games are going on. Bottom line, it's bad forum etiquette to take up an entire page by yourself with post after post after post. If you've got that many ideas, use multi-quote, and there's nothing wrong with making different points within the same post. You don't need to have seven consecutive posts with 1-2 sentences. That's ridiculous and it's unnecessary.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 06:00 PM
You realize that people said exactly the same thing about Lebron and Wade, and that Westbrook's game resemble's Wade's in a lot of ways, right? If Lebron and Wade could win back-to-back titles and make three Finals appearances in three years, I'm pretty sure a team with Lebron, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Co. could have won at least one title in the last 2-3 years they were together.

I do agree that he would of stayed with the talent and won titles eventually, but I don't think he wins being that young that year. Plus his skill-set at 23-24 is not the same as it is recently, so we can't project a 27-28 plus year old LeBron with that cast.

Edit: The LeBron right now has a refined and mature jumper, his game now is compatible with anyone. I think LBJ now, Durant now, and Duncan in his prime have the most versatile and complementary games. Paul can be included for PG.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I think people subconsciously project the LeBron of recent to the LeBron of 23. LeBron was still a physical beast at 23 but his jumper was average and his defense was good but still a work in progress. His killer instinct didn't gain momentum until after his first title. Only one team in NBA history won with such a young group of players. The Spurs may have gave them a problem, they have a easier time planning for LeBron (especially a younger one) then they do for Durant's skill-set.
Lebron didn't become a good 3-point shooter until his second year in Miami. Yet, that first Miami team cruised through the East like it was a joke before underachieving and losing to Dallas. And, of course Lebron at 23 isn't the same Lebron he's been the last couple of years, but Lebron at age 23-25 was a better basketball than those three years for Durant. If you took Lebron's last years years in Cleveland and put that same level of production on OKC the last three years, I think the Thunder win at least one title, because Lebron was a far more versatile player those three years than Durant was in that same timeframe.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Lebron didn't become a good 3-point shooter until his second year in Miami. Yet, that first Miami team cruised through the East like it was a joke before underachieving and losing to Dallas. And, of course Lebron at 23 isn't the same Lebron he's been the last couple of years, but Lebron at age 23-25 was a better basketball than those three years for Durant. If you took Lebron's last years years in Cleveland and put that same level of production on OKC the last three years, I think the Thunder win at least one title, because Lebron was a far more versatile player those three years than Durant was in that same timeframe.

No guarantee he gets past certain matchups like the Spurs who have a harder time game planning for Durant then LeBron. Another thing I think he wasn't there psychologically with the killer instinct. That''s just my take. Also if you consider the years prior to age 23-24, you also have to consider his teammate' games at younger stages and ages (skill development) to think they would of won a title in years recent. LeBRon is great but I don't think the intangibles for those teams were there YET if you replace a 23-24 and younger LeBron with Durant at the same age.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 06:14 PM
I do agree that he would of stayed with the talent and won titles eventually, but I don't think he wins being that young that year. Plus his skill-set at 23-24 is not the same as it is recently, so we can't project a 27-28 plus year old LeBron with that cast.

Edit: The LeBron right now has a refined and mature jumper, his game now is compatible with anyone. I think LBJ now, Durant now, and Duncan in his prime have the most versatile and complementary games. Paul can be included for PG.

The things that will be interesting to watch over the next few years are Durant's defense and distributing and Lebron's perimeter shooting. Durant has played the role of point forward most of the season with Westbrook out, but that's certainly going to change when Westy comes back. So will the offense continue to run through him or will he let Westbrook do most of the ball handling? Durant's defense isn't quite at prime Lebron's level yet either. Meanwhile, Lebron's perimeter shooting has taken a step back after topping 40% from the 3-point line last season. But he's shooting more 3s, and he'll probably have to become more reliant on that jumper as he gets older and his athleticism leaves him.

For the record, I do think Durant has been the better player this season, without question. But I also think a lot of that has been the product of not playing next to Westbrook. When Westy comes back and with a healthy Westbrook in OKC next season, will Durant's numbers continue at this historic level? I think we'll see a bit of a fall back to reality over the next few months.

Heediot
02-16-2014, 06:21 PM
The things that will be interesting to watch over the next few years are Durant's defense and distributing and Lebron's perimeter shooting. Durant has played the role of point forward most of the season with Westbrook out, but that's certainly going to change when Westy comes back. So will the offense continue to run through him or will he let Westbrook do most of the ball handling? Durant's defense isn't quite at prime Lebron's level yet either. Meanwhile, Lebron's perimeter shooting has taken a step back after topping 40% from the 3-point line last season. But he's shooting more 3s, and he'll probably have to become more reliant on that jumper as he gets older and his athleticism leaves him.

For the record, I do think Durant has been the better player this season, without question. But I also think a lot of that has been the product of not playing next to Westbrook. When Westy comes back and with a healthy Westbrook in OKC next season, will Durant's numbers continue at this historic level? I think we'll see a bit of a fall back to reality over the next few months.

Yeah his numbers are guaranteed to drop when Westbrook comes back. Let's just all hope that Westbrook's eyes have opened during this injury and he sees how efficient/deadly Durant is and sacrifices his touches.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2014, 06:24 PM

I multi-quote all the time and you'll never see me have more than 2-3 posts in a row in the same thread ever. I have 20,000 posts because I'm very active, especially over the summer when PSD games are going on. Bottom line, it's bad forum etiquette to take up an entire page by yourself with post after post after post. If you've got that many ideas, use multi-quote, and there's nothing wrong with making different points within the same post. You don't need to have seven consecutive posts with 1-2 sentences. That's ridiculous and it's unnecessary.

Again, Im answering as they come. I'd rather read 7 individual posts, then one longwinded post on 7 different topics. Secondly and more importantly, I was typing late at night, when no one else was on. You have put down the same amount of single posts in the same time frame as I put down mine. The difference was that there were other people actively participating. If people happen to post in between your posts and not mine, then whats the difference?

SoxPatsCeltsBs
02-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Arrogance and pride are two completely different things. Lebron leaving Cleveland in the way he did will always rub people the wrong way. Fans trying to justify such a blatant form of disrespect the " decision" was is another big reason why Lebron will always face such scrutiny. My only grip with Lebron while he's clearly the best player in the NBA, is that he plays and flops like such a whiny b**** sometimes. It's pathetic to watch.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Again, Im answering as they come. I'd rather read 7 individual posts, then one longwinded post on 7 different topics. Secondly and more importantly, I was typing late at night, when no one else was on. You have put down the same amount of single posts in the same time frame as I put down mine. The difference was that there were other people actively participating. If people happen to post in between your posts and not mine, then whats the difference?
The difference is you're taking up more space and more posts on that page by yourself than a single post using multi-quotes. And just because you mult-quote doesn't mean people aren't going to read it. They'll go back and read the section where you quoted them and reply to that section of the post. It's just common courtesy not to take up an entire page by yourself. Give other people the chance to address what you have to say before adding another point to the same thread.

ghettosean
02-16-2014, 08:01 PM
The difference is you're taking up more space and more posts on that page by yourself than a single post using multi-quotes. And just because you mult-quote doesn't mean people aren't going to read it. They'll go back and read the section where you quoted them and reply to that section of the post. It's just common courtesy not to take up an entire page by yourself. Give other people the chance to address what you have to say before adding another point to the same thread.

Mightybosstone you are kind of being a back seat mod dude just chill out or make a thread about about multi posting in the general forum. I'm sure people would rather read his posts that have to do with the thread than this bickering back and forth.

Let the mods do there job.

Everyone relax and lets talk about basketball :)