PDA

View Full Version : Non-Spurs Fans...Like to See Them Win One More?

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
If the Spurs make it back, against whoever, how would you neutral guys feel about them winning?

I think they've been so disciplined over the years that I really might be happy to see them win. Especially after last years debacle.....

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 03:23 PM
hell no.

poleandreel
02-14-2014, 03:23 PM
No. I would like to see okc win one to shut up all the naysayers. Presti is amazing, and although Brooks has had his struggles, he has been improving every year and is a good coach now.

PhillyFaninLA
02-14-2014, 03:27 PM
If Duncan retires after than its cool.....I like seeing the greats retire that way.....but I honestly don't care one way or the other

jerellh528
02-14-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't "like" to see anyone win but my team

TorontoHuskies
02-14-2014, 03:36 PM
sure because that means Lebron isn't

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 03:49 PM
No. I think Duncan and Pop have had their time in the limelight. Watching them make the Finals last year and play so well in probably the most memorable Finals I've seen in my lifetime was great. It was like flashing back a decade, and it gave me a chance to reflect on how great that team was and how consistent and well coached they have been for over a decade.

But I have no desire to watch other Texas teams or rivals win titles, ESPECIALLY the Spurs. If the Rockets don't win, I'd want it to be Miami so Lebron can cement his legacy further or the Clippers so Paul can finally get the "poor postseason player" monkey of his back and add a ring to his phenomenal career resume. I want Durant to wing rings at some point, but he, Westbrook and Ibaka are still so freakishly young and talented, that I don't see a need to rush that. The same thing with Indiana.

P&GRealist
02-14-2014, 03:56 PM
They had their chance, but they blew it in game 6 and even game 7 with Popovich's brilliant end game substitutions and coaching tactics.

The San Antonio Spurs have won their last NBA championship for a very very long time.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:15 PM
I think they can do it. And I want them to. If the Warriors aren't winning it I vote for either Miami or San Antonio.

Miami because maybe after he threepeats, Lebron haters will shut up for a while.

San Antonio because I have a soft spot for them, I respect the hell out of them, and I want them to prove people wrong.

DreamShaker
02-14-2014, 05:55 PM
4 rings for Duncan is plenty. If the Rockets don't win, I really want the Thunder to take it. Durant is my favorite non-Rockets player currently playing.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:57 PM
If the Rockets don't win

:laugh:

sixer04fan
02-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Only if the Sixers don't win it all this year

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Only if the Sixers don't win it all this year

You have a better chance than some...

mjt20mik
02-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes I do.

You have to appreciate the way they play the game.

Bruno
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
no. but they deserved it last year until leonard and manu missed free throws and pop pulled duncan out on the most important play of the season. they deserved to win until those three crucial mistakes. it would take another injury depleted post-season to get the spurs back to the finals imo. i'd like to see the Thunder but the Spurs play basketball the right way and it would be a respectable showing.

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Well as much as the Spurs are one of our very few rivals, I have to respect what they do. I can seperate my personal dislike for them and my respect.

I wouldn't mind OKC getting the chip but I think KD is getting a few of those before its said and done. Let the Spurs have a final encore.....

king4day
02-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Only if they play Miami. I'd like to see someone new

NYKNYGNYY
02-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Only if they play Miami again

NYKNYGNYY
02-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Only if they play Miami. I'd like to see someone new

Didn't see that... Guess great minds think alike

Crackadalic
02-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Heat-spurs finals rematch yea. If not then no

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 09:06 PM
:laugh:

You said the exact same thing about the Warriors in a previous post, and the Rockets are five games better. How is it funny when a Rockets fan funny, but not funny when a Warriors fan says the same thing?

JLynn943
02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
not really. maybe if they play Indiana, but even then idk.

NBA_Starter
02-14-2014, 11:12 PM
If they go up against the Pacers or as long as it is not against the Heat then it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

b@llhog24
02-14-2014, 11:26 PM
No. I think Duncan and Pop have had their time in the limelight. Watching them make the Finals last year and play so well in probably the most memorable Finals I've seen in my lifetime was great. It was like flashing back a decade, and it gave me a chance to reflect on how great that team was and how consistent and well coached they have been for over a decade.

But I have no desire to watch other Texas teams or rivals win titles, ESPECIALLY the Spurs. If the Rockets don't win, I'd want it to be Miami so Lebron can cement his legacy further or the Clippers so Paul can finally get the "poor postseason player" monkey of his back and add a ring to his phenomenal career resume. I want Durant to wing rings at some point, but he, Westbrook and Ibaka are still so freakishly young and talented, that I don't see a need to rush that. The same thing with Indiana.

+1

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Yes because I love Duncan.

cmellofan15
02-14-2014, 11:50 PM
No. I don't like them haha. If there was a player not on the Nuggets that I'd want to get it I'd have to say it would be CP3

albertajaysfan
02-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Totally depends on who they are playing. If it was a rematch of last year, definitely.

If they are playing Indiana, no.

My preference though would be for OKC to beat Miami however. Good for the game to have a debate regarding the top team.

gatkins11
02-15-2014, 12:13 AM
No.

mdm692
02-15-2014, 12:24 AM
I would. And I'm a Suns fan. They don't need it but it would put an exclamation to what has been one of the greatest dynasties of all time. I don't mean that just in terms of winning a championship, I'm talking about regular season success, playoff success, championships, players, fo, player development etc. . . Probably the goat when taking into consideration all the factors.

Quinnsanity
02-15-2014, 12:42 AM
I really wanted them to win it last year, but man, I think we're either at the end of the LeBron era or the beginning of the Durant era. I just don't think there's any room left for another Spurs title. Last year was their shot.

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2014, 12:45 AM
no way