PDA

View Full Version : All Star game replacement for DWade?

JMKnick33
02-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Who should replace Dwyane Wade if he is to miss the All-Star game due to injury?

Also, if you'd like to add, who should start in his place as well?

Jamiecballer
02-14-2014, 03:06 PM
i think we already have one of these but Derozan starts and Lowry should get the call.

cdnsportsfan
02-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Lowry is the obvious choice here. He has been the best PG in the East so far this season, is the team leader of the third ranked team in the conference and has continued his hot streak as of late. Yes, it's two all-stars selected from Toronto, but Lowry is deserving of getting the nod due to his play.

Stephenson also got snubbed and it would be unfortunate to keep him off the list, it would be good to see him named. But to me you go with the best player at a position if he's not already at the ASG, and if not and you want to look at this more politically (definitely a part of the selection process) the Pacers already have two worthy representatives going in George and Hibbert.

Arron Affalo (who for some reason is not listed in this poll) is the only other option to me as a replacement, and while he is having a great season and could be named, and I'd have no problem with him going either, I still feel you pick Lowry over him. Lowry is having a massive year and has just been too important to one of the best teams in the conference.

Bruno
02-14-2014, 05:19 PM
gotta be lowry imo.

he's in a contract year and will drop off again next year like he does after getting paid but Toronto is doing well and he's been great.

kdspurman
02-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Looks like he is playing, so will lock this one up :)

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/434407849272168448