PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Article About LaMarcus Aldridge

Clippersfan86
02-14-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/02/lamarcus_aldridge_opens_up_more_to_trail_blazers_t .html

Wow I like him more just from this article alone. I didn't realize how many tried to sabotage his basketball career. Didn't know he had such a great underdog story. Enjoy!

PurpleLynch
02-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Great player,nice that he could blossom this year.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
It's amazing how much those high school teammates and that jealousy have stuck with him to this day. "I've definitely grown to trust my teammates more to a certain point" is how the final quote is painted. Not exactly a glowing recommendation.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2014, 03:54 PM
local media digging around for ways to explain why the Blazers are so much better. this kind of stuff happens all the time when things are going good.

b@llhog24
02-14-2014, 04:08 PM
local media digging around for ways to explain why the Blazers are so much better. this kind of stuff happens all the time when things are going good.

I bet you're a riot at parties man.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2014, 04:48 PM
I bet you're a riot at parties man.

LMAO. seriously though, these kind of pieces always come up when things are going great even when the player in question is playing identically to how he has his whole life.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:14 PM
LMAO. seriously though, these kind of pieces always come up when things are going great even when the player in question is playing identically to how he has his whole life.

Why do you say that like it's a negative? It doesn't take anything away from the story, it's still true.

Chronz
02-14-2014, 05:25 PM

Yeah but Im sure his growth as a person has some kind of effect on team play.

The media does fish out these kind of stories tho, I remember them trying to do the same for Marbury when he was finally winning, asking him what changed. Marbs wasn't falling for it tho, he just kept telling them nothing changed.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
you guys are right, i am being pessimistic. i'm not knocking the piece, players are human and it's nice to hear about the things that made them the way they are. but i guarantee this piece isn't written if the Blazers are 26-27 instead of 36-17 that's all.

Clippersfan86
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Of course dude. That's how sports always have been. Winners get more love/press.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Of course dude. That's how sports always have been. Winners get more love/press.

not quite what i meant. i'm pretty sure Portland gets plenty of coverage either way from oregon live.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 12:07 PM
but i guarantee this piece isn't written if the Blazers are 26-27 instead of 36-17 that's all.

Very true.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2014, 01:35 PM
i apologize if i am being too much of a skeptic, i just think this is all part of Aldridge getting way too much credit for the great season that Portland is having.

this is a nice piece that gives a little insight into his life before the NBA and in it's own right it's good.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 07:04 PM
i apologize if i am being too much of a skeptic, i just think this is all part of Aldridge getting way too much credit for the great season that Portland is having.

Out of curiosity, if not Aldridge, who do you credit?

Jamiecballer
02-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Out of curiosity, if not Aldridge, who do you credit?

Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Lopez constitute the most efficient foursome in the league offensively. that combined with tremendous health and a very good (but not great) Aldridge.

Goose17
02-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Lillard/Matthews/Batum/Lopez constitute the most efficient foursome in the league offensively. that combined with tremendous health and a very good (but not great) Aldridge.

So essentially you're saying it's a team effort and he's just the "face" of the team?

Wes has been so underrated this year.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2014, 11:01 AM
So essentially you're saying it's a team effort and he's just the "face" of the team?

Wes has been so underrated this year.

that is exactly what i'm saying.

sunsfan88
02-16-2014, 02:29 PM

If you take LMA off the Blazers, Portland wouldn't even sniff playoffs.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2014, 02:33 PM
If you take LMA off the Blazers, Portland wouldn't even sniff playoffs.

sure. but not if you replaced him with another player.

sunsfan88
02-16-2014, 02:47 PM
sure. but not if you replaced him with another player.

If you don't replace him with another top 5 PF then no.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2014, 03:51 PM
If you don't replace him with another top 5 PF then no.

anyone in the top 10-15, imo. you obviously think he is much more valuable than i, and i don't have any issue with that.

Mr_Jones
02-16-2014, 04:00 PM

True. This is an example of how the media controls the perception of teams/players.

Great article, nonetheless.