PDA

View Full Version : James Harden To Start In Place Of Injured Kobe In ASG

PinstripePride
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--james-harden-to-start-nba-all-star-game-in-place-of-injured-kobe-bryant-134029911.html

NEW ORLEANS – Injured Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will be replaced as a Western Conference All-Star starter by Houston Rockets guard James Harden, a source told Yahoo Sports.

Walt
02-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Not complaining as there is no other SG in the West that deserves to start.

I'm REALLY hoping Dirk plays like 1 minute and gets one of his signature fade aways. Then please let him rest and let Anthony Davis ball.

Chrisclover
02-14-2014, 11:27 AM
LBJ called Harden a superstar. It will be more convincing if Rockets has a better team record

Goose17
02-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Not complaining as there is no other SG in the West that deserves to start.

I'm REALLY hoping Dirk plays like 1 minute and gets one of his signature fade aways. Then please let him rest and let Anthony Davis ball.

Doesn't need to be an SG. It's backcourt and frontcourt not pg, sg, sf, pf, c

Dragic > Harden.

The reserves should have been Dragic and Lillard. They deserve it more than Harden.

I would even start Lillard and play Curry at the 2.

bucketss
02-14-2014, 11:33 AM
LBJ called Harden a superstar. It will be more convincing if Rockets has a better team record

36-17, third place in the west,

goku
02-14-2014, 11:38 AM

Dragic > Harden.

The reserves should have been Dragic and Lillard. They deserve it more than Harden.

lol

rockets-fan
02-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Dragic > Harden.

Really now..... And why is that?

rockets-fan
02-14-2014, 11:48 AM

Exactly what I think, they should at least be in the higher 30's win wise right? Oh wait.

Chrisclover
02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
36-17, third place in the west,
but just by a slight margin.Can easily fall down to the 5th.The X factor imo is Lin ,who is quite inconsistent at times.Rockets didnt start very well but they are doing a better job recently.
Anyway ,Harden deserves the starting spot.

FYL_McVeezy
02-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Should have been voted a starter in the first place....

That's why I hate ASW voting......no ****ing reason on earth why Kobe Bryant should be in the AS Game other than his name being Kobe Bryant....

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 12:02 PM

Because he's a Warriors fan. It's them and Lakers fans that tend to comment against the Rockets.

Now I wonder why. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

BenFrank
02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
I thought they would start Paul, glad Brooks put the word in for his old pupil.. well deserved! A Curry/Harden backcourt will be deadly in the ASG, and future Olympic team..

alexander_37
02-14-2014, 12:39 PM

:laugh:

Clippersfan86
02-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Was hoping it would be CP3/Curry.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 02:10 PM
I will make a bet he even attempts a flop in the asg.

Mikeleafs
02-14-2014, 02:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--james-harden-to-start-nba-all-star-game-in-place-of-injured-kobe-bryant-134029911.html

NEW ORLEANS Injured Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will be replaced as a Western Conference All-Star starter by Houston Rockets guard James Harden, a source told Yahoo Sports.

Who'll start in place of D Wade?

teecoop29
02-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Why do people hate the rockets so much

Asik's better
02-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Because the rockets signed Dwight

PinstripePride
02-14-2014, 03:03 PM
(null)

Open the link...

tredigs
02-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah, Dragic is a better player than Harden this season, but he's not on the team - so that's not an option. And Harden's game is actually awesome for All Star weekend. He'll be Eurostepping and hitting fadeaways, not flailing for contact so don't worry about that. That's a really fun starting 5.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 03:15 PM

most of the people on PSD who hates the Rockets are Warriors fans who thinks their team is better and tries to argue that every chance they get which, apparently, includes hating on our players....along with a select few Lakers fans who are still bitter about Dwight Howard leaving.

kylem4711
02-14-2014, 03:16 PM
cp3 snub

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 03:59 PM
What? The Rockets have the fifth best record in the entire NBA! They have a better record than teams like the Clippers, Warriors, Mavericks, Wolves and Knicks. If Harden isn't a star, then based on that logic, Paul, Griffin, Curry, Dirk, Love and Melo aren't stars other.

Dragic > Harden.

I think Dragic is having a slightly better season than Harden, but I don't think he's a better basketball player. Harden's been hurt a lot of the season and the Rockets have a much better record than Phoenix. Lillard does not deserve to be in over Harden or Dragic. He's had a great season, but he's not on Harden's level just yet, and Dragic has played a little better. Dragic also has pretty much carried that Phoenix team to playoff contention this season.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Dragic this season versus Harden last season is a more interesting debate. I prefer Dragic's games after watching the Suns more lately - I think he's amazing right now - but that could be a fun argument.

But Rox fans, please don't delude yourself to think the hate is "Warriors fans" centric. It's his flopping, fellas. The vast majority of fans can't stand it. Me less so than most, and I'm a Warrior fan.

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Dragic this season versus Harden last season is a more interesting debate. I prefer Dragic's games after watching the Suns more lately - I think he's amazing right now - but that could be a fun argument.

But Rox fans, please don't delude yourself to think the hate is "Warriors fans" centric. It's his flopping, fellas. The vast majority of fans can't stand it. Me less so than most, and I'm a Warrior fan.

The thing I don't get is that Harden is hardly the only guy in the league who does it. The Clippers are famous for it, and it's not like other top 10 guys in the league don't get to the line way more often then they deserve. Hell, Harden is essentially just Manu 2.0, but people didn't give him NEARLY this much **** during his prime when he was flopping every game.

The reason isn't just that Harden is flopping. The reason is that Harden is flopping AND people hate the Rockets now because they added Dwight and they're damn good. Hell, you can look at last season and his game hasn't changed to this year, but the amount of James Harden hate has increased exponentially. It has very little to do with Harden.

kenzo400
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Harden makes an average of three flops a game. He should technically be kicked out of the NBA by now. THe new flopping rule is a joke.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 04:30 PM
most of the people on PSD who hates the Rockets are Warriors fans who thinks their team is better and tries to argue that every chance they get which, apparently, includes hating on our players....along with a select few Lakers fans who are still bitter about Dwight Howard leaving.

Im actually pretty nutural of that. Everyone has a least favorite team..whether that's a rival or whatever reason. For me, the current Rockets my least favorite team in the league..even more than the Heat. I used to love watching them with Tmac, Yao..and with Olajuwan..Francis.. Even Artest days recently. Always had good fun teams. Now they have two of the most obnoxious players in the league in their own ways. Dwight Howard, no need to explain, and James Harden, no flop need flop to flop explain. Flop.

I actually like the rest of their team too... Parsons is a genuinely smart, respectable guy.. Jones, Asik, Beverly, cant complain about

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 04:34 PM
The thing I don't get is that Harden is hardly the only guy in the league who does it. The Clippers are famous for it, and it's not like other top 10 guys in the league don't get to the line way more often then they deserve. Hell, Harden is essentially just Manu 2.0, but people didn't give him NEARLY this much **** during his prime when he was flopping every game.

The reason isn't just that Harden is flopping. The reason is that Harden is flopping AND people hate the Rockets now because they added Dwight and they're damn good. Hell, you can look at last season and his game hasn't changed to this year, but the amount of James Harden hate has increased exponentially. It has very little to do with Harden.

You are just wrong. Completely. Keep telling yourself that.

OR, you can come to a level of maturity and realize that your boy is indeed..the king of flailing like a *****.

Look we all have favorite players and teams..but a respected fan will admit to their flaws. The Rocket fans are starting to act like Heat fans.

rhino17
02-14-2014, 04:35 PM
He clearly deserves it. He is the best player on the #3 team in the west and the 5th best record in the NBA. Dragic should be an all star but is not better than harden. Dragic should be on the team instead of Chris Paul

Goose17
02-14-2014, 04:55 PM

First of all I personally believe Dragic is having the better season, in fact, I know he is, it's a statistical fact. And due to how much his team has overachieved with him as the "alpha" I feel he deserves recognition, and not just him as an individual, but Phoenix as a team, they deserve to have an all star after such a fantastic season. Nobody, not even any Phoenix fans that I know, predicted they would have this sort of year.

Houston already have D12 on the roster (who is completely undeserving imho, and no it's not hate, I actually like Dwight). Houston have played well, but they've not played so well that they deserve two all stars imo, I mean one or the other, Houston have met the expectations people had, Phoenix have absolutely smashed the expectations people had.

Because he's a Warriors fan. It's them and Lakers fans that tend to comment against the Rockets.

Now I wonder why. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Not at all. I really like Hardens game (flopping aside), and I'm a huge fan of Lin and Parsons.

c.c.
02-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Lol these Warriors fans are hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Everyone knows Harden and Dwight should of been starting from the beginning over Love and Curry. That's why it was such a shocker when the results came back

rhino17
02-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Houston already have D12 on the roster (who is completely undeserving imho, and no it's not hate, I actually like Dwight). Houston have played well, but they've not played so well that they deserve two all stars imo

But two team BELOW them in the standings (Clippers and Blazers) deserve 2 all-stars? that makes no sense.

Dwight has been playing some of the most dominant basketball in the entire league for about a month now and might be playing the best defense in the NBA. He absolutely deserves it.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Lol these Warriors fans are hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Everyone knows Harden and Dwight should of been starting from the beginning over Love and Curry. That's why it was such a shocker when the results came back

LOL really? A shocker to who? The hicks in Houston? Because the rest of the world felt it was about right.

But two team BELOW them in the standings (Clippers and Blazers) deserve 2 all-stars? that makes no sense.

Blazers do, because again, they have vastly overachieved, Houston have merely met their expectations.

Clippers don't deserve two all stars.

Dwight has been playing some of the most dominant basketball in the entire league for about a month now and might be playing the best defense in the NBA. He absolutely deserves it.

LOL he has literally not doing either of those things.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 05:36 PM
LOL really? A shocker to who? The hicks in Houston? Because the rest of the world felt it was about right.

Blazers do, because again, they have vastly overachieved, Houston have merely met their expectations.

Clippers don't deserve two all stars.

I'm just a Toronto fan and I can back you up on this. The only people who think Curry hasn't outshined Harden and Dwight are simply delusional Rocket fans

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm just a Toronto fan and I can back you up on this. The only people who think Curry hasn't outshined Harden and Dwight are simply delusional Rocket fans

Appreciated.

Lowry also should have been voted in IMO. Just putting that out there. Whole other topic though.

rhino17
02-14-2014, 05:58 PM

LOL, then you literally do not watch basketball

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
LOL, then you literally do not watch basketball

You don't watch anything other than Houston games do you? He's been the most dominant player in the last month? Take a look at the rosters of the other western conference teams and let me know if you missed anyone.

c.c.
02-14-2014, 06:10 PM

If he "outshined" them so bad why is his team an 8th seed. Warriors probably don't even make playoffs

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Dude, you're really starting to show your ignorance. "Hick?"

You realize Houston is one of the most diverse cities and the 4th largest right?

You can at least TRY to act like an adult. Your age is showing.

Oh, & I haven't even brought up the fact you suck at evaluating basketball players.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:14 PM
If he "outshined" them so bad why is his team an 8th seed.

Davis has outshined Dwight all season, his team won't even make the playoffs. An individual can outshine another individual, look at how Dragic has out shined Harden.

Or how Harden has out shined Leonardo DiCaprio.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:17 PM
You realize Houston is one of the most diverse cities and the 4th largest right?

You realise #mintgorilla right?

You can at least TRY to act like an adult. Your age is showing.

Don't look now. Your insecurities are showing.

Oh, & I haven't even brought up the fact you suck at evaluating basketball players.

Why? Because I think Dragics statistically superior season makes him better than Hardens statistically inferior season? Or because I think Dwight hasn't been more dominant than Lebron and Durant in the last month?

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Why? Because I think Dragics statistically superior season makes him better than Hardens statistically inferior season? Or because I think Dwight hasn't been more dominant than Lebron and Durant in the last month?

dude. we're on PSD...not twitter, facebook, or instagram. why are you using hashtags? do you think using hashtags make you look cool or something? that and name calling? your age is showing foreal.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
dude. we're on PSD...not twitter, facebook, or instagram. why are you using hashtags? do you think using hashtags make you look cool or something? that and name calling? your age is showing foreal.

#mintgorilla

The sooner you know the sooner you can wipe the egg of your face.

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 06:33 PM

First off. Idk wtf your hash tags are nor do I care.

Secondly, I'm over an Internet forum right now. Insecurities aren't even at play right now.

Third of all, I never said those two things were far fetched but you're talking like two top players at their positions shouldn't have made the team.

Clearly, you and your buddy Lol having been spewing the same type of bs.

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Also you calling Rockets fans "hicks" is sort of like me calling Warrior fans a certain word based off of the large population of a certain group of ppl that live in the San Francisco area.

Luckily for you, I'm not a moron.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
I never said Harden couldn't make them team. Just that I personally thought Dragic deserved it more.

And you should care about my hash tags, if you had cared about them earlier and were quick enough to figure them out we wouldn't have wasted our time with this conversation.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Also you calling Rockets fans "hicks" is sort of like me calling Warrior fans a certain word based off of the large population of a certain group of ppl that live in the San Francisco area.

I don't care.

#mintgorilla

NoahH
02-14-2014, 06:40 PM
SUrprised it wasn't CP3 as well.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I think Houston fans are just bitter because despite their 3rd seed they still don't get much respect and are disliked because of Dwight and Flailing Harden...while on the contrary, Golden State is a well-liked organization by many outside of Warrior fans. Not to mention their fanbase is one of the top in the league even when they are a losing team..They always have good attendance. Better than Houston.

Except I do hate the fact the Warriors changed their logos/court.....thats another story though

Asik's better
02-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Hold on, met expectations? Have people forgotten all the predictions they were making before the season? People were saying the rockets would finish anywhere between 5th to not making the playoffs. No one expected the rockets to 3rd with a good chance to keep that seed. So either people where wrong about the rockets or their ready to admit that they were trolling rocket fans with their predications.

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 06:45 PM
I think Houston fans are just bitter because despite their 3rd seed they still don't get much respect and are disliked because of Dwight and Flailing Harden...while on the contrary, Golden State is a well-liked organization by many outside of Warrior fans. Not to mention their fanbase is one of the top in the league even when they are a losing team..They always have good attendance. Better than Houston.

Except I do hate the fact the Warriors changed their logos/court.....thats another story though

Dude. You don't even have to comment on this thread. What you say holds zero weight as far as I'm concerned.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Hold on, met expectations? Have people forgotten all the predictions they were making before the season? People were saying the rockets would finish anywhere between 5th to not making the playoffs. No one expected the rockets to 3rd with a good chance to keep that seed. So either people where wrong about the rockets or their ready to admit that they were trolling rocket fans with their predications.

Calm down baby. Have a piece of cheese.

Correct me if i am mistaken good sir but you gentlemen weren't the third seed when the starters were voted on, or the bench for that matter.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Dude. You don't even have to comment on this thread. What you say holds zero weight as far as I'm concerned.

Because he doesn't agree with you? My my, how narrow minded.

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Because he doesn't agree with you? My my, how narrow minded.

Um no. Maybe because he, Just like you, makes ignorant statements.

Mbt already had to serve his @$$ yesterday in another thread where he was spewing his bs.

Asik's better
02-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Calm down baby. Have a piece of cheese.

Correct me if i am mistaken good sir but you gentlemen weren't the third seed when the starters were voted on, or the bench for that matter.

No, the rockets were tied for 4th. So even then the rockets exceeded expectations.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Um no. Maybe because he, Just like you, makes ignorant statements.

Mbt already had to serve his @$$ yesterday in another thread where he was spewing his bs.

I am not making ignorant statements. I am making sincere statements #mintgorilla

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 06:56 PM
I am not making ignorant statements. I am making sincere statements #mintgorilla

That's why you're delusional.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:58 PM
That's why you're delusional.

#mintgorilla is why you're stupid.

Leftcoast_yg
02-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Where did all these rockets fans come from lol seriously!!

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:02 PM

Probably from the same bloodline.

#Houstonanditsincest
#mintgorilla

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 07:09 PM
#mintgorilla is why you're stupid.

Kewl Storie brah :rolleyes:

cmellofan15
02-14-2014, 07:13 PM

hahahaha, this is awesome.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:14 PM
Kewl Storie brah :rolleyes:

You can't seriously be this stupid that you can't work out #mintgorilla

What sort of school did you attend?

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I already told you its an anagram. Should have beem easy to work out from there.

BenFrank
02-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Probably from the same bloodline.

#Houstonanditsincest
#mintgorilla

You trying to be funny ****boy... #StayClassy GS... to answer the original questions, the same Houston fans been around, we don't have to respond to non-sense every time we see it, but if u gone make a actual thread hating on one of of players, we have a right to defend or its just gonna be another we rally together and hate the Rockets thread..

cmellofan15
02-14-2014, 07:26 PM
But back on topic, I'm not sure I can say Harden deserves to be the starter because the criteria is so inconsistent. If we are going with the player who's statistically better then Steph Curry gets he slight edge over Harden and Dragic (Dragic being VERY close). But if we're factoring in team success and improvement (which seems to be the case in the reserves) then I'd put Harden in first, Dragic in second and Curry in third.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:31 PM
You trying to be funny ****boy... #StayClassy GS... to answer the original questions, the same Houston fans been around, we don't have to respond to non-sense every time we see it, but if u gone make a actual thread hating on one of of players, we have a right to defend or its just gonna be another we rally together and hate the Rockets thread..

Go read the mint gorrila explanation in the other thread (about western conference seeding)

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 08:39 PM

+1

and apparently they run every thread concerning the Rockets. Ooooh burn SERVVED

Asik's better
02-14-2014, 09:53 PM
+1

Wait so rocket fans can't comment on threads about the rockets?

rhino17
02-14-2014, 09:56 PM
You don't watch anything other than Houston games do you? He's been the most dominant player in the last month? Take a look at the rosters of the other western conference teams and let me know if you missed anyone.

I said one of the most dominant players. The rockets have the 5th best record in basketball and have the longest current winning streak in the NBA. If both Harden and Howard are not playing at an all star level, how do you explain them being an elite team?

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 09:58 PM

huh? They are 36-17, and would have HCA in the first round of the west playoffs...

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 10:07 PM
+1

Wait so rocket fans can't comment on threads about the rockets?

Comment? Sure. Acting like you own it? Claiming who can stay and whos opinions are wrong? No.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 10:09 PM

Harden's flopping is the most obvious in the league the last 2 years though. There is no debate over that. However, I never cared about that ****, if it works, it works.

Chrisclover
02-14-2014, 10:17 PM

huh? They are 36-17, and would have HCA in the first round of the west playoffs...
Just by a slight margin. Could fall to 5th easily (Clippers and trailblazers are very close to them )They climbed up to 3th because of their current winning streak

NBA_Starter
02-14-2014, 11:06 PM
I think it is deserved, Congrats to him.

Asik's better
02-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Comment? Sure. Acting like you own it? Claiming who can stay and whos opinions are wrong? No.

Well if an opinion is wrong it's wrong. There is no two ways about. Also we are defending a rockets player, we're not acting like we own.

rockets-fan
02-15-2014, 06:20 AM
People here get so butt hurt...it's just a forum guys.

Anyways, I do believe he deserves to start. Dragic has had a better season statistically, but then again he's the number one and basically only real option on that suns team. Harden shares the bright lights with Howard and is still putting up great numbers, while leading his team to top seed in the west.m

I'm the most unbiased fan, beleiev it or not. Ask me to choose one guy out harden curry and Dragic to build my team around for the next 10 years...
Curry, followed by harden then Dragic...he is not a better player or more deserving than harden idc what people here say. Harden gets so much hate not it's ridiculous...Howard has done nothing wrong all season, he's actually had a great season but that doesn't matter...the hate will always be there it's stupid.

c.c.
02-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Just by a slight margin. Could fall to 5th easily (Clippers and trailblazers are very close to them )They climbed up to 3th because of their current winning streak

The Warriors could slide to 9th easily and miss the playoffs. The are only in the 8th seed you know!

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 10:21 AM

OR, you can come to a level of maturity and realize that your boy is indeed..the king of flailing like a *****.

Look we all have favorite players and teams..but a respected fan will admit to their flaws. The Rocket fans are starting to act like Heat fans.

Maturity? At ANY point in that post did I deny that Harden flops? No. I understand the situation. I understand that his ability to draw fouls and his embellishment of those fouls helps him as an offensive player. He might even do it more than other stars, but that doesn't mean other players don't do it. If this were baseball and Player A took far more steroids than the rest of the league combined, would that absolve the rest of the players who took steroids? Hell no. They still did it.

My point isn't that Harden isn't worth criticizing. It's that other players are also worthy of criticism, but I almost never see that on this site. Don't hold a double standard and criticize one guy, but then allow another to do it without any criticism. It's ********.

Chrisclover
02-15-2014, 10:25 AM
The Warriors could slide to 9th easily and miss the playoffs. The are only in the 8th seed you know!
the west is painfully tough.I said one time here that Warriors were not doing well and expressed concerns for them ,but then soon afterwards a warriors fan ridiculed me and said i was living under a rock because they climbed up to the 4th and i didnt notice.Well , i did didnt realize it cause i remembered they suffered from injuries and were like 7th before that .

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Go read the mint gorrila explanation in the other thread (about western conference seeding)

You gotta stop, dude. I generally respect the things you have to say most of the time, but you've gone a bit off the deep end the last few days in your attempt to troll Rockets fans. No one is impressed or amused by your use of an 8th grade literary device and Twitter hashtags outside of Twitter (one of my biggest pet peeves). You can be clever and even a tad insulting without shoving it down people's throats, but it's gone too far.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 12:02 PM
You gotta stop, dude. I generally respect the things you have to say most of the time, but you've gone a bit off the deep end the last few days in your attempt to troll Rockets fans. No one is impressed or amused by your use of an 8th grade literary device and Twitter hashtags outside of Twitter (one of my biggest pet peeves). You can be clever and even a tad insulting without shoving it down people's throats, but it's gone too far.

Meh, I clearly stated it was anagram, if nobody was quick enough to pick up on it and work out what I was doing then that's their fault as far as I'm concerned.

It was all harmless fun spawned from utter boredom. And don't act like Houston fans don't troll people. You have a couple of people in your camp that are two of the worst on this forum.

Asik's better
02-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Meh, I clearly stated it was anagram, if nobody was quick enough to pick up on it and work out what I was doing then that's their fault as far as I'm concerned.

It was all harmless fun spawned from utter boredom. And don't act like Houston fans don't troll people. You have a couple of people in your camp that are two of the worst on this forum.

Who are these two people?

FOBolous
02-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Who are these two people?

i think i'm one of them cause i trolled LA fans haaard back when they were all butthurt bout Dwight leaving. i trolled NYK fans too back when they were all trashing Lin and saying Felton is better. but me doing that was my way of defending our players :shrug: i don't know who the other one is tho. most Rockets fans tend to stay in their own forum and the only time our fans venture out of our own forum is to defend the Rockets. But Goose fails at trolling. you don't make yourself look stupid when you troll cause that's just....dumb.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 12:48 PM
i think i'm one of them cause i trolled LA fans haaard back when they were all butthurt bout Dwight leaving. i trolled NYK fans too back when they were all trashing Lin and saying Felton is better. but me doing that was my way of defending our players :shrug: i don't know who the other one is tho. most Rockets fans tend to stay in their own forum and the only time our fans venture out of our own forum is to defend the Rockets. But Goose fails at trolling. you don't make yourself look stupid when you troll cause that's just....dumb.

1. You are one of them.

2. I looked stupid, but you believed I was actually that stupid, which makes you look even more stupid :) You guys bit on all that far too easily, as if anyone could genuinely believe in half the crap I was spouting.

3. I'm not going to name names, but since you were aware of how big a troll you are, I'm pretty sure the other dude knows too.

4. Nobody takes this board seriously, the only reason any of us are here is to kill some time, people need to be more laid back about this type of crap.

FOBolous
02-15-2014, 02:28 PM
1. You are one of them.

2. I looked stupid, but you believed I was actually that stupid, which makes you look even more stupid :) You guys bit on all that far too easily, as if anyone could genuinely believe in half the crap I was spouting.

3. I'm not going to name names, but since you were aware of how big a troll you are, I'm pretty sure the other dude knows too.

4. Nobody takes this board seriously, the only reason any of us are here is to kill some time, people need to be more laid back about this type of crap.

i mean if the shoes fit...:shurg: and it wouldn't be the first time someone who's really as stupid as you claim you acted frequented this board.

the only other poster i can think of who borders on trolling and claims to be a Rockets fan is farren.louis. but i don't think he's trolling. i think he really is THAT dumb, cause he spews the same nonesense in the rockets forum.

alexander_37
02-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Maturity? At ANY point in that post did I deny that Harden flops? No. I understand the situation. I understand that his ability to draw fouls and his embellishment of those fouls helps him as an offensive player. He might even do it more than other stars, but that doesn't mean other players don't do it. If this were baseball and Player A took far more steroids than the rest of the league combined, would that absolve the rest of the players who took steroids? Hell no. They still did it.

My point isn't that Harden isn't worth criticizing. It's that other players are also worthy of criticism, but I almost never see that on this site. Don't hold a double standard and criticize one guy, but then allow another to do it without any criticism. It's ********.

As soon as he said single handedly ruining the game of basketball you should have just shook your head and accepted there is no reasoning with this troll.

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2014, 04:18 PM

NO ONE flops the entire game every single chance he gets except harden. This is what you don't get. Its almost the focal point of his game. Other plays flop on occasion and get made fun of but harden doesn't it game by game play by play its disgusting

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2014, 04:22 PM

As soon as he said single handedly ruining the game of basketball you should have just shook your head and accepted there is no reasoning with this troll.

Never said or intended he single handedly is but he is definitely pushes basketball in the wrong direction with his flailing obsession.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:01 PM

so what? Point is, his team is really, really good. One of the best records in the league.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 07:04 PM
NO ONE flops the entire game every single chance he gets except harden. This is what you don't get. Its almost the focal point of his game. Other plays flop on occasion and get made fun of but harden doesn't it game by game play by play its disgusting

as much as I hate flopping, it still works. Until the NBA does something about it, more power to him. I hate playing against him, because 3-4 times a game he just looks like a fish on the deck of a boat, but hey, it works dude.

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2014, 08:08 PM

as much as I hate flopping, it still works. Until the NBA does something about it, more power to him. I hate playing against him, because 3-4 times a game he just looks like a fish on the deck of a boat, but hey, it works dude.

So pride, respect, honesty just mean nothing now?

I understand it works. That's not the point. Were still humans..basic human values still exist where we don't want to watch cheap dishonest play

Looks ridiculous..embarrassing.

If there's a reasoning..like they really hate the other player and want to get under there skin by flipping a call. Fine. But harden takes it to another level

mightybosstone
02-15-2014, 08:34 PM
So pride, respect, honesty just mean nothing now?

I understand it works. That's not the point. Were still humans..basic human values still exist where we don't want to watch cheap dishonest play

Looks ridiculous..embarrassing.

If there's a reasoning..like they really hate the other player and want to get under there skin by flipping a call. Fine. But harden takes it to another level

Look. Call it whatever the **** you want. It's working. If the league thought Harden was doing it as often as you claim he was doing it, they would fine him and suspend him. But they rarely do, because Harden's flops aren't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. Also, it's far more an issue based on league officiating than it is on specific players. So go ahead and ***** about Harden all you want to, but you're TOTALLY missing the point. It's not Harden's fault that the league has allowed this to become an issue. It's the league's fault, and until the league works harder to address the issue, Harden won't be the only one to take advantage of it.

sunsfan88
02-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Harden's new Footlocker commercial with Davis is hilarious.

goingfor28
02-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Was hoping it would be CP3/Curry.

it should have been. chris paul was 3rd in votes. but of course scott brooks will pick the former thunder