PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James: Kevin Durant will feel title pressure ‘when I retire

Dade County
02-14-2014, 08:49 AM
When does he think the pressure will truly shift to Durant to take the Larry O’Brien trophy?

“When I retire,” James replied. “When I retire. They’re still talking about, am I going to win a third? You know…”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/13/lebron-james-kevin-durant-will-feel-title-pressure-when-i-retire/

I think what Lbj is trying to say is that, NO one is getting any rings, while he is still playing (I could be wrong).

Minimal
02-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Well you can make it that way, but I think what he really meant by those words is that he is sick of being under media pressure his whole career. It was probably said kind of sarcastically.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 09:18 AM
What can you say he may be right in what he's saying it's just a matter of opinion though I think Durant already has had title pressure in his career even though he's young.

Anyone think Lebron is a little jelly that Durant has been clearly better when compared to Lebron this season?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-14-2014, 09:22 AM
:laugh:

lakerfan85
02-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Lol!!

Dade County
02-14-2014, 09:47 AM
What can you say he may be right in what he's saying it's just a matter of opinion though I think Durant already has had title pressure in his career even though he's young.

Anyone think Lebron is a little jelly that Durant has been clearly better when compared to Lebron this season?

Unless I see all the comments that was made about Lbj not winning a titled, attach to KD and other stars/super stars name, KD (and others) hasn't faced anything.

I think if Lbj stays with Pat Riley, the HEAT will win 5 titles in a row.

slaker619
02-14-2014, 09:47 AM
He wyllin' with that statement

tripleplay2007
02-14-2014, 10:01 AM
Put this in the Heat forum.

General NBA fans do not want to read articles about LeBron running his mouth. He is obviously lacking self confidence if he feels the need to compliment himself to the media for about 5 days in a row, I know Valentines day is here and all but I'm tired of hearing about how much LeBron loves his self, how good LeBron thinks he is at basketball.

What kind of discussion do these stupid threads make?

None.

Walt
02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
LeBron really needs to stop talking. Especially with the season Durant is having and all the attention on him, anything LeBron says sounds like he is jealous or something of KD.

He shouldn't, because he is the better overall player. But he really needs to just stop and do what he always does in the postseason.

More-Than-Most
02-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Durant will give James half of his contract to not retire... Durant is on easy street as long as James is playing. James is by far the most talked about and hated guy in the NBA and its silly. Lebron has more pressure on him than anyone from the time he stepped foot into the NBA until now... Nothing bad has ever been said about Durant and he has been able to quietly play basketball and be great without much pressure at all. When the Thunder win its because of Durant... When they lose its because the other team was just to good or its westbrooks fault or the Thunder need more talent.... When any of Lebrons teams win its because of Lebron but when they lose its because of Lebron... That logic amazes me.

FraziersKnicks
02-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Durant will give James half of his contract to not retire... Durant is on easy street as long as James is playing. James is by far the most talked about and hated guy in the NBA and its silly. Lebron has more pressure on him than anyone from the time he stepped foot into the NBA until now... Nothing bad has ever been said about Durant and he has been able to quietly play basketball and be great without much pressure at all. When the Thunder win its because of Durant... When they lose its because the other team was just to good or its westbrooks fault or the Thunder need more talent.... When any of Lebrons teams win its because of Lebron but when they lose its because of Lebron... That logic amazes me.

This is so true.

Dade County
02-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Put this in the Heat forum.

General NBA fans do not want to read articles about LeBron running his mouth. He is obviously lacking self confidence if he feels the need to compliment himself to the media for about 5 days in a row, I know Valentines day is here and all but I'm tired of hearing about how much LeBron loves his self, how good LeBron thinks he is at basketball.

What kind of discussion do these stupid threads make?

None.

Well this thread topic can maybe give us insight, on what the league has planned. Maybe Lbj is telling us, that the league wont get in the way of Lbj winning, his not 5 not 6 not 7 comment...etc

If Lbj is in fact stating, that the media shouldn't and wont place any pressure on KD because he (Lbj) is going to win everything.... Then we are seeing Lbj mindset transform before are eyes; he has fully embraced the I am better then all EGO.

That means his competitive nature has entered the Smeagol zone (for him to believe that, he will keep winning until he retires).

The rings are his precious.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 10:37 AM

Unless I see all the comments that was made about Lbj not winning a titled, attach to KD and other stars/super stars name, KD (and others) hasn't faced anything.

I think if Lbj stays with Pat Riley, the HEAT will win 5 titles in a row.

Well Lebron was pretty pompous about the whole title thing I mean when he formed his new team with Wade and Bosh he did gloat and dance around saying he'd win not 4, not 5 not 6... etc. Lebron put that pressure on himself and got all the scrutiny that came with it... To me it was pretty much all self inflicted...

I don't see Durant being that arrogant if he leaves or stays in OKC in the near future so comments/pressure you are talking about will not be the same.

Heediot
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
KD wants to win, but I think he worries more about what's in his own control. James is still too caught up in other people's opinion.

Heediot
02-14-2014, 10:47 AM

If he had stayed in Cleveland, there would of been less pressure on him. There still would have been the media harping on why he cannot get over the hump with the cavs but that's standard for a player of his ability.

Going to Miami (teaming up with two all-stars) and announcing not 1,2,3,4.... Opened the flood gates.

Durant is a humble quiet guy. It's like in school, no one hates or picks on those types. They like to go off on the cocky guy and hope he falls flat. Another thing, I think Durant is more self assured win or lose, and naturally as a person/disposition. Of course Durant wants to win but he's less worried about people's opinion.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Honestly I've wondered this for a while. Lebron is the most scrutinised player in the history of the game. He's constantly under a microscope, the social media boom jas aided in that a lot.

But I don't understand how Durant has escaped it. The pressure the media put on him is nothing in comparison to the pressure people were putting on Lebron. And Durant has way more help than Lebron had in Cleveland. Especially when Harden was around.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 11:20 AM
And the pressure was on him before he joined Miami so you can quit with all that.

Besides, Harden, Westbrook and Ibaka > Past his prime Wade, Chris Bosh and whoever you think their third best player is/was.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Goose17 if you look at how each player has acted/reacted since they came into the league they were like night and day... Durant has been humble his entire career kind of like DRose and neither have been scrutinized... If you look at Lebron even before he joined Miami and predicted how many titles he'd win (which caused a HUGE part of him being scrutinized) he also came into the league proclaiming he is "The King" and "The Chosen One" all of the scrutiny Lebron got was completely self inflicted.

The guys who just played ball never dealt woth any of that. I mean look at the scrutiny he's getting again about the dunk contest after he holds a competition-less dunk off against himself and says he'd win this year if he entered.

It's all self inflicted dude!

TheIlladelph16
02-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Goose17 if you look at how each player has acted/reacted since they came into the league they were like night and day... Durant has been humble his entire career kind of like DRose and neither have been scrutinized... If you look at Lebron even before he joined Miami and predicted how many titles he'd win (which caused a HUGE part of him being scrutinized) he also came into the league proclaiming he is "The King" and "The Chosen One" all of the scrutiny Lebron got was completely self inflicted.

The guys who just played ball never dealt woth any of that. I mean look at the scrutiny he's getting again about the dunk contest after he holds a competition-less dunk off against himself and says he'd win this year if he entered.

This is nonsense. The guy was on the cover of SI when he was 16 years old and hailed by sportswriters and scouts as the NEXT Jordan. He was given a $99 million dollar contract with Nike before every stepping onto a professional basketball court. Neither of those things has anything to do with his ego or whatever else your looking for. No one was talking about Durant the way people talked about Lebron coming into the league. They still don't face even close to the same amount of scrutiny and pressure to win. At Durant's age, people were already going to nuts that Lebron hadn't won one yet and questioning if he even could. He's had a MUCH more talented squad in OKC than Lebron had in CLE, yet it's never questioned if he has what it takes to win one. He's proven much less than Lebron had at that point in his career.

Some of the crap James gets from fans is self-inflicted. But the pressure to win titles? That's a product of the media, the fans, and him just being that good.

Ebbs
02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
The OP has it backwards. This was not said in a hostile way.

85BearsDefense
02-14-2014, 12:35 PM
People hating this what would you want Lebron to say? Also we need to find the context of this quote. I don't think its a big deal at all.

xxplayerxx23
02-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Don't worry Lebron durant will have a ring before you retire

xxplayerxx23
02-14-2014, 12:43 PM
But yeah I'm not sure people will hate on durant the way they criticse Lebron. Durant is a like able player by most

Baller1
02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
I love Lebron, but damn... Shut up. He's talking way too much this season.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 01:09 PM

This is nonsense. The guy was on the cover of SI when he was 16 years old and hailed by sportswriters and scouts as the NEXT Jordan. He was given a $99 million dollar contract with Nike before every stepping onto a professional basketball court. Neither of those things has anything to do with his ego or whatever else your looking for. No one was talking about Durant the way people talked about Lebron coming into the league. They still don't face even close to the same amount of scrutiny and pressure to win. At Durant's age, people were already going to nuts that Lebron hadn't won one yet and questioning if he even could. He's had a MUCH more talented squad in OKC than Lebron had in CLE, yet it's never questioned if he has what it takes to win one. He's proven much less than Lebron had at that point in his career.

Some of the crap James gets from fans is self-inflicted. But the pressure to win titles? That's a product of the media, the fans, and him just being that good.

To address your first point I bolded what exactly am I looking for??? The things I brought up happened it's fact and had everything to do with ego.

To address the other bolded point Dwight Howard out of high school like Lebron was predicted to be the next Shaq in the league and before he left Orlando he never had to deal with the type of scrutiny or pressure to win a title Lebron did even though they entered the league under very similar circumstances this really only leaves me with the only difference in that Lebron SELF PROCLAIMED himself THE KING or THE CHOOSEN ONE. Aside from his own proclaimed title predictions in Miami and his own recent proclamations that he'd win the dunk contest.

The media always play there part like "Will T-Mac ever get out of the 1st round" or "Can Kobe win a ring on his own as the man without Shaq"... etc... etc... but Kobe, T-Mac, Dwight, Durant... etc were not scrutinized like Lebron because they never hyped THEMSELVES up as much as Lebron did with this I'm the greatest nonsense or heres how many titles I'm gonna win, I'd win the dunk contest... etc... etc... that's all on him dude and to me it's self inflicted.

curtcocaine
02-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Not expected but respected its king james. Its like obama saying the Republicans can have the white house when im done..l.

b@llhog24
02-14-2014, 01:37 PM
He's just saying that the media is focused on him more than KD and KD won't get any real hate until he retires.

b@llhog24
02-14-2014, 01:37 PM

Wasn't he asked the question?

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 01:43 PM
To address your first point I bolded what exactly am I looking for??? The things I brought up happened it's fact and had everything to do with ego.

To address the other bolded point Dwight Howard out of high school like Lebron was predicted to be the next Shaq in the league and before he left Orlando he never had to deal with the type of scrutiny or pressure to win a title Lebron did even though they entered the league under very similar circumstances this really only leaves me with the only difference in that Lebron SELF PROCLAIMED himself THE KING or THE CHOOSEN ONE. Aside from his own proclaimed title predictions in Miami and his own recent proclamations that he'd win the dunk contest.
The media always play there part like "Will T-Mac ever get out of the 1st round" or "Can Kobe win a ring on his own as the man without Shaq"... etc... etc... but Kobe, T-Mac, Dwight, Durant... etc were not scrutinized like Lebron because they never hyped THEMSELVES up as much as Lebron did with this I'm the greatest nonsense or heres how many titles I'm gonna win, I'd win the dunk contest... etc... etc... that's all on him dude and to me it's self inflicted.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with that other guy. Lebron has been followed since his high school days and people have expected greatness since. In Cleveland he was hearing the talk about not being able to win a ring, ringless king etc. This is before most of the stuff that you mentioned. Then it got amplified greatly after the decision and choosing to go to Miami (this is where the self inflicted part comes into play more). The thing is he was scrutinized plenty before this, it just made him basically "hated" by many people for many reasons.

Pretty much all of the bold was after he went to Miami and he was scrutinized far before this. Yes he has brought some upon himself for sure but he has been scrutinized and under a magnifying glass since high school.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 01:57 PM

I'm sorry but I have to agree with that other guy. Lebron has been followed since his high school days and people have expected greatness since. In Cleveland he was hearing the talk about not being able to win a ring, ringless king etc. This is before most of the stuff that you mentioned. Then it got amplified greatly after the decision and choosing to go to Miami (this is where the self inflicted part comes into play more). The thing is he was scrutinized plenty before this, it just made him basically "hated" by many people for many reasons.

Pretty much all of the bold was after he went to Miami and he was scrutinized far before this. Yes he has brought some upon himself for sure but he has been scrutinized and under a magnifying glass since high school.

So how does my points in regards to Dwight not hold up? Im not saying they were under the same microscope but there entering into the league was extemely similar with high praises and prodictions as far as greatness to all time greats D12 was predicted to be the next Shaq???

Also the ringless KING this is what I'm saying by self inflicted. What do they call Howard???

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Lebron needs to quit falling for the okey doke and letting the media pump up this rivalry. KD was smart enough last night to say all that is one sided, there's nothing coming from my end.......

That's all that needs to be said really.

BALLER R
02-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Funny thing is you don't really hear much statements from Durant. He just plays ball.

still1ballin
02-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Lebron needs to stfu and fix his hairline. He's getting annoying! Shut up and play ball.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 02:10 PM
The last 3 statements/posters are saying exactly what I'm talking about!!!!

STFU and ball!

dodgersuck
02-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Lebron is the ****ing antichrist

pebloemer
02-14-2014, 02:27 PM
I absolutely have a ton of respect for LeBron and am not upset about him regarding his past. But he has to acknowledge that some of the "pressure" he is speaking about was brought on by himself.

"Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven."--LeBron James, July 9, 2010 interview during the Miami Heat's preseason coronation

The reality is, when you say things like this, people will root for you to fail. It is true that LeBron has always had a ton of public pressure on him, but he's said things to bring extra pressure on as well.

TheIlladelph16
02-14-2014, 02:30 PM

Ok let's go through because there's a lot wrong with this:

I never denied that some of the crap he gets from fans is self-inflicted. He handled the Decision poorly and deserved some chiding for that. The pressure to win titles was there when he was 15 freaking years old. NO ONE had faced that scrutiny especially with the internet and social media about to take off. The league was starved for the next Jordan, and it found its face in Lebron James before he had even made it to his junior year in HS.

In no way, shape or form is the hype surround Lebron James pre-draft remotely comparable to Dwight Howard's. There were questions leading right up until the draft that Howard would even be taken number 1 by Orlando. I'm sorry, but this is just an awful point so that's as far I'm going with it.

Those nicknames were not names that he choose. If my memory serves me correctly, The King was given to him by his basketball teammates. I guess you can fault him for adopting such a "pompous" monikor, but I don't see you ever complain that Ray Allen adopted his moniker from his on-screen character Jesus Shuttlesworth. How pompous can you get to name yourself after a guy who could literally turn water into wine and is the son of God? At least be consistent if you're going to harp on a stupid ****ing nickname thing. Black Mamba sure seems like something a humble guy would adopt as his nickname, right?

I can see why people didn't like the pep rally stuff, but frankly that wasn't for you or even the media. It was for the Miami fans in an attempt to hype people up over their FA coup. Man, wouldn't it have been some pep rally if he had just said "Hey guys! We're gonna try really hard, but basketball, like life, is no guarantee so just cross your fingers!" That would have gotten them on their feet. I truly can't fathom how much people even care about this thing.

These are questions being asked of him. He isn't seeking out media members and pointedly telling them this stuff off the cuff. They are deliberate questions used to generate controversy, and posters like you fall for it hook, line and sinker. Sure, he could avoid them and **** with the media, but then you'd find a way to ***** that he isn't answering questions and he murders children or something.

And finally your last bit:

T-Mac was never on Lebron's level in terms of prospect or hype, and he played on genuinely awful teams until Houston. By that time, the injuries kicked in and we all knew it wasn't happening with him as the man. Kobe was gift wrapped the greatest coach of all time and a Top 5 player in the league and played second fiddle en route to three NBA championships. It doesn't matter if he didn't do them as the man, he already had them so the pressure that he "HAD" to win one wasn't the same. Sure they discussed could he win as the man, but again not even remotely on Bron's level. I'm not addressing the ridiculous Dwight Howard comparison again, but your wrong on that again for the reasons above.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Seriously though, I love the player and the man himself seems like a good guy, but **** if he has not been annoying this season. I do hope people realize that "The Chosen One" LOVES this media attention/brings it on himself and there is likely a very real reason why he has opened his mouth more this year than the past 10 combined. He feels threatened.

jerellh528
02-14-2014, 02:34 PM
God this guy needs to stfu. He's like obsessed with making himself appear better than kd.

jerellh528
02-14-2014, 02:42 PM
I absolutely have a ton of respect for LeBron and am not upset about him regarding his past. But he has to acknowledge that some of the "pressure" he is speaking about was brought on by himself.

"Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven."--LeBron James, July 9, 2010 interview during the Miami Heat's preseason coronation

The reality is, when you say things like this, people will root for you to fail. It is true that LeBron has always had a ton of public pressure on him, but he's said things to bring extra pressure on as well.

His massive failures and disappearing acts in the postseasons had a lot to do with title pressure he received as well, IMO.

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 02:43 PM
So how does my points in regards to Dwight not hold up? Im not saying they were under the same microscope but there entering into the league was extemely similar with high praises and prodictions as far as greatness to all time greats D12 was predicted to be the next Shaq???

Also the ringless KING this is what I'm saying by self inflicted. What do they call Howard???

If you are trying to compare the hype/scrutiny of Howard coming in compared to Lebron I just don't think you were around or paying attention during the mid 2000's. Just my opinion though.

You bring up Dwight Howard and let me ask you how many people constantly brought up that he couldn't win rings etc. (when he was with Orlando) daily like they did Lebron in Cleveland? It is hard to compare because Lebron has been insanely hyped and productive since entering the league to a different extent. I don't currently hear people bashing Dwight daily for how he handled his time in Orlando and then ditched the Lakers to Rockets via free agency (I don't hold it against him much because I also don't hold it against Melo, Lebron etc). Why is that? It's because the scrutiny isn't anywhere close to that of Lebron.

Chronz
02-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Quote taken out of context, hes not saying he will win forever, hes saying even if he doesn't the pressure will always be on Bron.

Chronz
02-14-2014, 02:51 PM
His massive failures and disappearing acts in the postseasons had a lot to do with title pressure he received as well, IMO.
What massive failures?

Sadds The Gr8
02-14-2014, 02:58 PM
he's wrong. if he wins this year nobody will care about him not winning anymore and will focus on the Durant/Westbrook storyline even more.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Quote taken out of context, hes not saying he will win forever, hes saying even if he doesn't the pressure will always be on Bron.

That's definitely what he's saying, although I think it's shortsighted/arrogant. If KD becomes the MVP this season the rallying cries will grow significantly louder than ever for him to win, especially if Lebron falls to the Pacers team that many currently feel is a better squad. It's not a Rose MVP situation where nobody thinks he's actually at Bron's level. The only reason the chants are not getting there already is because Lebron/Miami had the February/2nd half they did last season to earn the MVP and KD was given somewhat of a pass in losing Westbrook IN the playoffs with not even a practice to adjust to his 1st game out of his career.

From this season on - IF Lebron sticks it out and tries to win with Miami as he originally said, and KD is the new MVP with OKC and that young roster - I think there is a shift in who the fans and media will be expecting to win and lambasted if he loses. That said, if Lebron bounces to form a different "super team" next year all bets are off.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM

If you are trying to compare the hype/scrutiny of Howard coming in compared to Lebron I just don't think you were around or paying attention during the mid 2000's. Just my opinion though.

You bring up Dwight Howard and let me ask you how many people constantly brought up that he couldn't win rings etc. (when he was with Orlando) daily like they did Lebron in Cleveland? It is hard to compare because Lebron has been insanely hyped and productive since entering the league to a different extent. I don't currently hear people bashing Dwight daily for how he handled his time in Orlando and then ditched the Lakers to Rockets via free agency (I don't hold it against him much because I also don't hold it against Melo, Lebron etc). Why is that? It's because the scrutiny isn't anywhere close to that of Lebron.

Lol... so you start this long blather by calling me 14??? Whatever dude.

First i said they were clearly not under the same microscope.

When I'm comparing Dwight and Lebron I talked about how they entered the league. You are right about Dwight not getting scrutinized that much as far as rings but Dwight didn't come in the league saying, I'm superman, I'm the man of steel, im the king... etc. If anything Dwight was the best C in the league for a good portion of his career but he was also thought of as a goof because that's the persona he put out to the media where Lebron put out the persona of I'm the chossen one, I'm the King, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4... etc.

I understand he was compared to the GOAT but Dwight was compared to arguably the most DOMINANT big man to ever play don't tell me there should be no title pressure with that... He never drew attention to it he drew more attention to being a funny jokester and that's what people talk about more so inregards to Dwight... Lebron talks so much about his greatness it is no wonder why he gets scrutinized. THE GUY JUST SAID HE'D WIN THE DUNK CONTEST WITHOUT EVEN ENTERING from the safety of a practice facility with his teammates. Honestly come on and see reason here dude is a media whore... you know and i know it.... HONESTLY.... yeeeesh!

Chronz
02-14-2014, 03:09 PM
That's definitely what he's saying, although I think it's shortsighted/arrogant. If KD becomes the MVP this season the rallying cries will grow significantly louder than ever for him to win, especially if Lebron falls to the Pacers team that many currently feel is a better squad. It's not a Rose MVP situation where nobody thinks he's actually at Bron's level. The only reason the chants are not getting there already is because Lebron/Miami had the February/2nd half they did last season to earn the MVP and KD was given somewhat of a pass in losing Westbrook IN the playoffs with not even a practice to adjust to his 1st game out of his career.

From this season on - IF Lebron sticks it out and tries to win with Miami as he originally said, and KD is the new MVP with OKC and that young roster - I think there is a shift in who the fans and media will be expecting to win and lambasted if he loses. That said, if Lebron bounces to form a different "super team" next year all bets are off.
Hes playing the pity card, I dont take that as arrogance, more like he wants some sympathy.

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 03:10 PM

Context is rarely taken into consideration for Lebron. He has definitely said his fair share of dumb things but people complain a lot about things taken out of context.

he's wrong. if he wins this year nobody will care about him not winning anymore and will focus on the Durant/Westbrook storyline even more.

I think you might actually be kind of right. I think Lebron will always have people calling him out, but I think Durant might start getting a lot more pressure if they don't win this season. He is definitely at the point as a player where expectations should be soaring. Especially, as Tre said, if he wins the MVP.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Hes playing the pity card, I dont take that as arrogance, more like he wants some sympathy.

That's an interesting take and I see where you're coming from, but I disagree. I think the scrutiny is exactly what he wants. At least, I hope so. ****.

Why else would he make this statement in the same week he says he was snubbed by the last 2 DPOY votes, would win the dunk contest if he wanted to, and should be on the Mount Rushmore of basketball?

He can't be ignorant enough to think these comments (along with all the others...) don't earn him extra ease for the media to scrutinize, right? I think it's what he wants, I think he's a smart enough guy to realize what he's doing: All pressure on him as being The MAN in the face of the rise of KD.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
as big of a LeBron supporter as I am, he really says things that make him attempt to come out as some sort of victim. He really needs to stop talking to the press about his, or any other players legacy.

Anyways, isn't Durant already feeling title pressure?

TheIlladelph16
02-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Lebron certainly says some dumb things, but I'm really really tired of the out-of-context quotes that people are trying to latch onto in order to justify nonsense. People will always find a way to hate him it seems.

This is the same guy who had one of the greatest series in playoff history on the Cavs and was subsequently called a quitter and gutless after losing to Orlando. My brain just hurts thinking about this.

tr3ymill3r
02-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Why? LeBron is winning a third ring this year, so I would say the pressure has already started and the pressure for LeBron will begin again with can he ever win a ring on his own.

Kyben36
02-14-2014, 03:32 PM
i kind of agree with the attitude of the poster, but LBJ as great as he is, isnt going to win any more rings unless he gets some help. Wade is almost done, Bosh is a shell of his former self.

durrant already has some pressure on him, but durrant doesnt call himself top 4 alltime, on his mount rushmore, and the King, lebron sadly put most of the pressure on himself.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 03:33 PM
These are questions being asked of him. He isn't seeking out media members and pointedly telling them this stuff off the cuff. They are deliberate questions used to generate controversy, and posters like you fall for it hook, line and sinker. Sure, he could avoid them and **** with the media, but then you'd find a way to ***** that he isn't answering questions and he murders children or something.

And finally your last bit:

T-Mac was never on Lebron's level in terms of prospect or hype, and he played on genuinely awful teams until Houston. By that time, the injuries kicked in and we all knew it wasn't happening with him as the man. Kobe was gift wrapped the greatest coach of all time and a Top 5 player in the league and played second fiddle en route to three NBA championships. It doesn't matter if he didn't do them as the man, he already had them so the pressure that he "HAD" to win one wasn't the same. Sure they discussed could he win as the man, but again not even remotely on Bron's level. I'm not addressing the ridiculous Dwight Howard comparison again, but your wrong on that again for the reasons above.

I'm only responding to part of your post because I address a bunch of other stuff including your Dwight response with mngopher35 in my last post.

You say he isn't seeking out media members but he has his own competition-less dunk contest against himself, INVITES THE MEDIA HIMSELF, then says he'd win the dunk contest this year if he entered and the question wasn't even directed towards him. He just decided to say I'd win without even entering (thus isn't even a week old yet) and you are trying to convince me the media does this to him... lol. Seems self inflicted to me on top of countless other things he's done. Lebron is a media whore dude if that example doesn't prove it to you nothing will. Most of the scrutiny he received in his career is on him and no one else.

Also no one is saying he murders children except you bro so take a chill for petes sake :rolleyes:

As for TMac i never once said he was on Lebrons level you are taking what i said completely out of context... I was taking media hype in regards to getting out of the first round this was said clear as day. The only difference is most of the scrutiny Lebron gets is self inflicted because he hypes HIMSELF up to the media too much and too often.

Dade County
02-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Well Lebron was pretty pompous about the whole title thing I mean when he formed his new team with Wade and Bosh he did gloat and dance around saying he'd win not 4, not 5 not 6... etc. Lebron put that pressure on himself and got all the scrutiny that came with it... To me it was pretty much all self inflicted...

I don't see Durant being that arrogant if he leaves or stays in OKC in the near future so comments/pressure you are talking about will not be the same.

True.

But the media did pot the spot light on him, his last two years with the Cav's; reporting stuff like, when is he going to win, and he should be able to win, if he is so great.

jerellh528
02-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Lebron certainly says some dumb things, but I'm really really tired of the out-of-context quotes that people are trying to latch onto in order to justify nonsense. People will always find a way to hate him it seems.

This is the same guy who had one of the greatest series in playoff history on the Cavs and was subsequently called a quitter and gutless after losing to Orlando. My brain just hurts thinking about this.

Out if context or not "he will feel the pressure when I retire" is a pretty dumb thing to say, there's two possible contexts, one of major arrogance and one playing the victim card. Not sure which is worse.

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 03:54 PM

When I'm comparing Dwight and Lebron I talked about how they entered the league. You are right about Dwight not getting scrutinized that much as far as rings but Dwight didn't come in the league saying, I'm superman, I'm the man of steel, im the king... etc. If anything Dwight was the best C in the league for a good portion of his career but he was also thought of as a goof because that's the persona he put out to the media where Lebron put out the persona of I'm the chossen one, I'm the King, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4... etc.

I understand he was compared to the GOAT but Dwight was compared to arguably the most DOMINANT big man to ever play don't tell me there should be no title pressure with that... He never drew attention to it he drew more attention to being a funny jokester and that's what people talk about more so inregards to Dwight... Lebron talks so much about his greatness it is no wonder why he gets scrutinized. THE GUY JUST SAID HE'D WIN THE DUNK CONTEST WITHOUT EVEN ENTERING from the safety of a practice facility with his teammates. Honestly come on and see reason here dude is a media whore... you know and i know it.... HONESTLY.... yeeeesh!

Wait so they weren't under the same microscope yet you are trying to say how they entered the league was the same? That just doesn't make sense to me. The reason he was under a larger microscope was because they entered the league under different situations and expectations. Lebron has been more hyped/scrutinized since day 1. It was long before he started doing most of the things you mentioned.

Please bring up the numerous quotes and actions by Lebron from 2003-2009 that lead to the scrutiny etc. Majority of the instances you mention are after he left for Miami.

I don't currently hear people bashing Dwight daily for how he handled his time in Orlando and then ditched the Lakers to Rockets via free agency (I don't hold it against him much because I also don't hold it against Melo, Lebron etc). Why is that? It's because the scrutiny isn't anywhere close to that of Lebron. I'm sorry for calling you out for age/not paying attention but it really isn't close.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 04:00 PM
wait, somebody is actually claiming that another NBA player has had even close to the level of scrutiny or pressure as LeBron? haha

If he is saying that he will always have more pressure than any other player to win until he retires, he is probably right. But the mere fact that he even needs to say it just comes off as, "I am the victim, feel sympathy for me". While I support LeBron, and would like to see him win a few more titles to cement his legacy, he asked for this with his "I am the King" stuff from age 15 on.

sammyvine
02-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Why do people act like he is a victim when its the complete opposite?

A lot of the hate he received was self inflected. If he left the Cavs the same way Garnett left Minnosta, basically just holding a press conference, saying bye etc....he would never have gotten as much hate as he did. The whole decision, not 1, not 2 not 3, etc.. was ridiculous and lost him a lot of fans imo as well as building up hate. Whilst it went over the top, it could have been avoided if he wasn't so pompous and arrogant at the time.

He was brought back down to earth after losing in 2011 imo, which led to the rise he has had since.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Why do people act like he is a victim when its the complete opposite?

A lot of the hate he received was self inflected. If he left the Cavs the same way Garnett left Minnosta, basically just holding a press conference, saying bye etc....he would never have gotten as much hate as he did. The whole decision, not 1, not 2 not 3, etc.. was ridiculous and lost him a lot of fans imo as well as building up hate. Whilst it went over the top, it could have been avoided if he wasn't so pompous and arrogant at the time.

He was brought back down to earth after losing in 2011 imo, which led to the rise he has had since.

oh god, nobody should. But I do believe he tries to portray himself as the victim at times.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM

Wait so they weren't under the same microscope yet you are trying to say how they entered the league was the same? That just doesn't make sense to me. The reason he was under a larger microscope was because they entered the league under different situations and expectations. Lebron has been more hyped/scrutinized since day 1. It was long before he started doing most of the things you mentioned.

Please bring up the numerous quotes and actions by Lebron from 2003-2009 that lead to the scrutiny etc. Majority of the instances you mention are after he left for Miami.

I don't currently hear people bashing Dwight daily for how he handled his time in Orlando and then ditched the Lakers to Rockets via free agency (I don't hold it against him much because I also don't hold it against Melo, Lebron etc). Why is that? It's because the scrutiny isn't anywhere close to that of Lebron. I'm sorry for calling you out for age/not paying attention but it really isn't close.

Im not saying they were under the same microscope but there entering into the league was extemely similar with high praises and prodictions as far as greatness to all time greats D12 was predicted to be the next Shaq???

I just thought I'd put the full quote from myself to avoid confusion but them both being compared to all time greats is extremely similar.

In regards to what I bolded he has been highly hyped since day one but I'm saying he did a grwat portion of the hyping himself with the choosen one and the king nonsense... This started from day 1!!!

In regards to your last paragraph most people don't hate on D12 or Melo for there decisions but the didn't AGREE to do it publically on national television and were not arrogant enough to say they'd win... Not 4, Not 5 Not 6... etc...

Thats why those 2 made similar career choices but never got ripped about it. If they gloated we all know they'd get ripped daily.

Dade County
02-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Why? LeBron is winning a third ring this year, so I would say the pressure has already started and the pressure for LeBron will begin again with can he ever win a ring on his own.

But NO one has won a ring on there own. Why are you asking Lbj to do the impossible; did you asked this of another super star players, and called them out for not doing so??????????

John Walls Era
02-14-2014, 04:28 PM
I like this new openly obnoxious and arrogant Lebron.

Bruno
02-14-2014, 04:29 PM

he hears footsteps.

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I like this new openly obnoxious and arrogant Lebron.

I don't get it?

jerellh528
02-14-2014, 04:34 PM
he hears footsteps.

More like hears a bulldozer.

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 04:56 PM
I just thought I'd put the full quote from myself to avoid confusion but them both being compared to all time greats is extremely similar.

In regards to what I bolded he has been highly hyped since day one but I'm saying he did a grwat portion of the hyping himself with the choosen one and the king nonsense... This started from day 1!!!

In regards to your last paragraph most people don't hate on D12 or Melo for there decisions but the didn't AGREE to do it publically on national television and were not arrogant enough to say they'd win... Not 4, Not 5 Not 6... etc...

Thats why those 2 made similar career choices but never got ripped about it. If they gloated we all know they'd get ripped daily.

The circumstances and amount of hype and media surrounding each person were different though. Lebron has always been under the microscope with more scrutiny than players like that. I am not saying that he didn't bring some of it on himself but he was getting plenty either way is my point. Dwight was also compared to Kwame Brown coming out by nbadraft.net if I remember right. It wasn't like EVERYONE expected him to be great from the beginning like Lebron. Many people will get compared to a great before they enter the NBA but with Lebron it was obviously different. He wasn't just being compared, he was expected to be that good.

Lebron did bring some of it on himself no doubt (especially in the more recent years since coming to Miami). The scrutiny/pressure/hype has been there since day 1. Going to Miami (and how he did it) obviously amplified it much further though.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 04:59 PM

Truth^

Hawkeye15
02-14-2014, 05:11 PM
he hears footsteps.

I mean, LeBron's statistical drop is more due to him probably not going all out, knowing that he has played 100 games plus the last 3 years, and he will possibly have to do that again. Besides, LeBron's season last year was better than Durant's this year imo, so its not like he has fallen off the mountain. Durant will, and should, win the MVP award this year. But I am not ready to claim he is better than LeBron until he sustains these ridiculous numbers, and/or LeBron shows actual decline.

John Walls Era
02-14-2014, 05:22 PM

1) its great

2) now you see how sherman haters felt

Baller1
02-14-2014, 07:25 PM
1) its great

2) now you see how sherman haters felt

I'm not a Lebron hater, he's one of my favorite players. He's just been saying too much dumb **** this season.

Lakers + Giants
02-14-2014, 08:15 PM
On ESPN they were saying that Lebron is making these statements because KD is being praised by many as the new #1 player. They were saying this is lebron's way of trying to get some of that attention back. I agree.

Both are great players and I can honestly say I don't hate either, in fact, I enjoy watching both of them. Sucks for the people who deprive themselves of greatness because they just like 1 guy and hate the other because they think the opposite player is a threat to their player's legacy. Hahaha, suckers. . .

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 08:29 PM
On ESPN they were saying that Lebron is making these statements because KD is being praised by many as the new #1 player. They were saying this is lebron's way of trying to get some of that attention back. I agree.

Both are great players and I can honestly say I don't hate either, in fact, I enjoy watching both of them. Sucks for the people who deprive themselves of greatness because they just like 1 guy and hate the other because they think the opposite player is a threat to their player's legacy. Hahaha, suckers. . .

Agree on that last part. I like Lebron a little more since I followed him since hs but I watched the Longhorns a ton for a few years (football and bball) and Durant was easily my favorite college player that year.

TylerSL
02-14-2014, 09:28 PM
lol @ the people who say "Lebron is getting annoying", etc. You all found him annoying LONG before this season. Most of you saying these things are the same people who bashed him for not winning in Cleveland when he was 24 years old and tried to denounce his 2012 title win because of a lockout. You guys have been annoyed with Lebron for years, especially since 2010.

Lebron was more touted and promoted than any high school athlete ever. His high school games were airing on ESPN when he was 16 years old. You cannot compare Durant's, nor Howard's upbringing (as some have) to that.

The media and fans everywhere scrutinized him for not winning a ring when he was 23 years old and raised questions if he would ever win when he was 24. The media and fans hated Lebron the moment he left Cleveland in 2010, where he proceeded to become the most hated athlete probably ever for the next 2 years until he won a ring in 2012. While the media stopped hammering Lebron for not winning fans sure as hell did not, going as far as using the "shortened season excuse" belittling the championship because of a lockout.......

Now that he was won back to back titles after being the most hated player in professional sports while continuing to be the most scrutinized athlete anywhere he has started to talk. But do not even kid yourselves into believe that you are just now getting fed up with Lebron, when you've been bashing him and trying to belittle his accomplishments for years.

Durant has not even come close to the being held under the same microscope Lebron has. The media compare Lebron and Durant all the time, but they dont even come close to holding Durant to the same standards Lebron was held to. Durant's cast in OKC has been far better than Lebron's cast in Cleveland. OKC had top 5 picks 2 years in a row after they got Durant, and been able to put pieces such as Harden/Westbrook/Martin/Ibaka where Lebron didnt have anything close to that in Cleveland. Yet Durant doesnt get held accountable when OKC loses, while Lebron is always held accountable if Miami/Cleveland losses. I'm not saying Durant is to blame when OKC loses, I'm just saying nobody holds him accountable.

Morale of the story, nobody will harp on Durant if OKC doesnt win the title in the next 2-3 years, especially if the Heat are still winning. Lebron will be harped on every year he does not win for the next 2-3 years, especially if Durant wins.

mngopher35
02-14-2014, 09:52 PM
^I'm guessing you will get some feedback and be called a homer/bandwagoner, but solid post.

Bostonjorge
02-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Lebron is just weak minded. He told us he would win not 6 not 7 and now he's wondering why he has pressure to win #3. When he had the worst finals performance ever against Dallas he said we all had to wake up with our normal lives and jobs. That he was better then all of us. Would of gave us the middle finger to. So of course he's hated.

NBA_Starter
02-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Wouldn't this only make sense if Kevin Durant hadn't already won a title(s)?

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 01:59 AM
Lebron is just weak minded. He told us he would win not 6 not 7 and now he's wondering why he has pressure to win #3. When he had the worst finals performance ever against Dallas he said we all had to wake up with our normal lives and jobs. That he was better then all of us. Would of gave us the middle finger to. So of course he's hated.

I believe he meant that life is bigger than basketball and that we should all move on regardless of who won. Why is he hated? Because he's getting a huge step over Kobe and that makes you worried? Anyways, James is right. No one will say a thing about Durant because all those Kobe jockers are focused on LeBron. Once LeBron retires, they'll rant about Durant because it's pretty evident that Durant is only going to dominate even further and threaten Kobe's legacy. Durant is my third favorite player but he disappointed me last year. He had more than countless opportunities to close out vs Memphis and he blew it. Yet, everyone was just saying how they lost because Westbrook was out. Helloooo, LeBron never had a player like Westbrook's caliber to begin with prior to joining Miami.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 02:51 AM

do you have posters of LeBron in your room with "die LeBron die"?

Bostonjorge
02-15-2014, 04:33 PM
do you have posters of LeBron in your room with "die LeBron die"?

I don't want lebron to die just lose in basketball. I use to want him to win in Cleveland but that all changed when he hijacked the league.

FlashBolt
02-15-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't want lebron to die just lose in basketball. I use to want him to win in Cleveland but that all changed when he hijacked the league.

Lol. This just shows how pathetic of an individual you are. You dedicate your life to wanting LeBron to lose. Sad.

Bostonjorge
02-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Lol. This just shows how pathetic of an individual you are. You dedicate your life to wanting LeBron to lose. Sad.

LOL dedicated is kinda extreme. I'm not a Miami fan so why is not wanting Lebron to not win unusual? I don't hate the sport when he does win just point out my views.

Once Durant beats my team and it leads him to a title then I'm not going to want him to win any more because I want my team to win. Like a normal fan.

letsgoo
02-16-2014, 01:55 PM
This is all speculation, but I think Durant's rise (which has undoubtedly happened) is causing LeBron's pride to get the best of him. He's been making a lot of really arrogant and prideful comments recently to the media.

He feels threatened by Durant's basketball brilliance and his humility. He feels threatened by the media's glowing speak of him both on and off the court.

FriedTofuz
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
At this point, KD is carrying his team, there' no westbrook and KD is still on Top. Miami wont even get past indiana this year.

ManRam
02-16-2014, 10:34 PM
LeBron got **** for so long...levels of **** that's nearly unprecedented. He's finally silenced all the (rational) haters, and people expect him to be humble? Nah. It doesn't work like that. Ridicule him constantly...and then demand he's humble when he's clearly proved all that ridicule was nothing but garbage? No. No way.

At this point it's just Jordan ego. Ali ego. Kobe ego. He's earned it...and he's more than paid his dues.

Dade County
02-16-2014, 11:03 PM
At this point, KD is carrying his team, there' no westbrook and KD is still on Top. Miami wont even get past indiana this year.

And when the HEAT do beat the pacers and win another title, what are you going to say next year? Oh, let me guess, whatever the media tells you to say.

P&GRealist
02-17-2014, 12:39 AM
His comments scream insecurity

Supreme LA
02-17-2014, 01:51 AM
LeBron got **** for so long...levels of **** that's nearly unprecedented. He's finally silenced all the (rational) haters, and people expect him to be humble? Nah. It doesn't work like that. Ridicule him constantly...and then demand he's humble when he's clearly proved all that ridicule was nothing but garbage? No. No way.

At this point it's just Jordan ego. Ali ego. Kobe ego. He's earned it...and he's more than paid his dues.

What is it that you Lebron dick riders want exactly? You want all NBA fans to get on our knees and praise Lebron for who he is? It's not enough that any basketball fan would insane not to respect the man's ability as a player. I don't understand what you guys want? If you're hoping we just simply agree with all of your praises for the guy it won't happen. There are things he does that rubs some fans the wrong way. This thread has gone through the list of things.

I'm sure all of you Lebron dick riders just also happen to be Kobe haters. That probably goes without question at this point. As a Kobe fan, I don't care how harsh you're on him or if you dislike him as a person. It just so happens that some people don't care for a lot of Lebron's personality traits or the actions he takes in the media. Just deal with it and watch the game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-17-2014, 06:24 AM
(null)
Lebrons days of winning watered down fake rings are over. It's time for a future legend like Durant to takeover!

Heediot
02-17-2014, 08:48 AM
What is it that you Lebron dick riders want exactly? You want all NBA fans to get on our knees and praise Lebron for who he is? It's not enough that any basketball fan would insane not to respect the man's ability as a player. I don't understand what you guys want? If you're hoping we just simply agree with all of your praises for the guy it won't happen. There are things he does that rubs some fans the wrong way. This thread has gone through the list of things.

I'm sure all of you Lebron dick riders just also happen to be Kobe haters. That probably goes without question at this point. As a Kobe fan, I don't care how harsh you're on him or if you dislike him as a person. It just so happens that some people don't care for a lot of Lebron's personality traits or the actions he takes in the media. Just deal with it and watch the game.

Money.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Lebrons days of winning watered down fake rings are over. It's time for a future legend like Durant to takeover!

What water down championships have the Miami HEAT organization won? And I am guessing you feel the same way about the Spurs shorten season, if in fact you are even talking about a shorten season championship.

beliges
02-17-2014, 01:33 PM

What water down championships have the Miami HEAT organization won? And I am guessing you feel the same way about the Spurs shorten season, if in fact you are even talking about a shorten season championship.

I think to translate he was saying that Miami is no longer leaps and bounds above every other team in the league in terms of talent to easily be able to win titles and as a result it will no longer be a cake walk for lebron and the heat to reach the finals and win the championship.

mngopher35
02-17-2014, 03:30 PM
I think to translate he was saying that Miami is no longer leaps and bounds above every other team in the league in terms of talent to easily be able to win titles and as a result it will no longer be a cake walk for lebron and the heat to reach the finals and win the championship.

They have been in like 5 elimination games over the last couple of years. I wouldn't call that a cake walk for Lebron (or the Heat), but I guess thats just me.

beliges
02-17-2014, 03:46 PM
They have been in like 5 elimination games over the last couple of years. I wouldn't call that a cake walk for Lebron (or the Heat), but I guess thats just me.

The point was Miami was guaranteed titles with that roster. That team simply had far more talent than any other team in the league. Couple that with a historically weak conference, It is not far fetched to call it a cake walk. But now players like Durant and George have stepped up and Miami has a more difficult road ahead of them this season than they have had since the inception of this super team.

amak316
02-17-2014, 03:50 PM
By the time LeBron retires KD may have more titles than LeBron.

The heat team is not very well set up for the future and LeBron after botching free agency last time around probably can not leave. I think they are no longer the favorite to win the title for the first time in 3 years and will be unlikely to ever improve much via the draft because with LBJ you'll never get a high pick.

Delrayhc
02-17-2014, 04:04 PM

The heat team is not very well set up for the future and LeBron after botching free agency last time around probably can not leave. I think they are no longer the favorite to win the title for the first time in 3 years and will be unlikely to ever improve much via the draft because with LBJ you'll never get a high pick.

Pat Riley doesn't build through the draft so it doesn't matter. Also everyone will be off the books other than 2 players. So as long as Riley is gm the team will be very competitive as well as being a contender

Delrayhc
02-17-2014, 04:09 PM
(null)

You could be right about Durant taking over but as far as your watered down fake ring comment it is just another one of your loser posts.

amak316
02-17-2014, 04:43 PM

Pat Riley doesn't build through the draft so it doesn't matter. Also everyone will be off the books other than 2 players. So as long as Riley is gm the team will be very competitive as well as being a contender

I agree and as long as LeBron is there I expect some free agents to want in and I definitely expect the Heat and LBJ to win another title albeit I don't think it will happen this year. LeBron will likely be the #1 player in basketball until he's 35 barring injury.

I just think he's out of line with his comments because he's basically saying as long as he's in the NBA Durant will not win a ring. Seems to me that Westbrook + KD entering their prime is a lot more tantalizing than anything the Heat will be able to put together going forward for awhile.

IDunknown
02-17-2014, 05:02 PM
If he had stayed in Cleveland, there would of been less pressure on him. There still would have been the media harping on why he cannot get over the hump with the cavs but that's standard for a player of his ability.

Going to Miami (teaming up with two all-stars) and announcing not 1,2,3,4.... Opened the flood gates.

Durant is a humble quiet guy. It's like in school, no one hates or picks on those types. They like to go off on the cocky guy and hope he falls flat. Another thing, I think Durant is more self assured win or lose, and naturally as a person/disposition. Of course Durant wants to win but he's less worried about people's opinion.
BS it's the complete opposite.

ghettosean
02-17-2014, 05:04 PM
LOL dedicated is kinda extreme. I'm not a Miami fan so why is not wanting Lebron to not win unusual? I don't hate the sport when he does win just point out my views.

Once Durant beats my team and it leads him to a title then I'm not going to want him to win any more because I want my team to win. Like a normal fan.

He's an apologist and wants everyone to love Lebron and see him win every year so don't worry about it dude but I will say great rebuttal to his post! :clap:

ghettosean
02-17-2014, 05:08 PM

Evidence???

I see it his way also... If you have all the talent in the world and you are humble why would anyone harbor any resentment for you?

Dade County
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM
The point was Miami was guaranteed titles with that roster. That team simply had far more talent than any other team in the league. Couple that with a historically weak conference, It is not far fetched to call it a cake walk. But now players like Durant and George have stepped up and Miami has a more difficult road ahead of them this season than they have had since the inception of this super team.

So what IF, the league takes the leash off Miami... And they beat all teams in the playoffs 4-1 including Final's (almost like their first playoff run together... Before Lbj was given the order to stand down in the Finals).

What will you say then? First you would have been mind ****ed, because you would had believed that the talent has caught up to Miami; then you would try to wrap your brain about what actuall happen, this is when the media would step in, and they will brain wash you into what they want you to believe happened (buy saying it of 5000 times, in 2 days).

NBA = Entertainment

ManRam
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM

Then why did they lose in 2011 and just squeak by in 2013.

Let's not overestimate the strength of these teams. They start two below-replacement level players every night.

2013 playoff performances:

Parker's teammates PER:
Duncan - 21.3
Leonard - 18.9
Ginobili - 16.5

LeBron's teammates PER:
Wade - 18.7
Bosh - 16.8
Allen -14.4

George's teammates PER:
West - 20.1
Hibbert -17.3
Hill - 16.6

2012 playoff performances:

Durant's teammates PER:
Westbrook - 22.6
Harden - 20.9
Ibaka - 18.9

LeBron's teammates PER:
Wade - 22.0
Bosh - 19.7
Chalmers - 13.2

Garnett's teammates PER:
Rondo - 22.0
Pierce - 16.1
Bass - 14.5

I know PER is far from a be-all end-all and it is a flawed stat that only tells a few certain things, but I do think it's foolish to assume his main help was leaps and bounds better than the rest. The difference the last two years was the #1 option. LeBron averaged 28-9-6 on 50% shooting with a 29.2 PER, a 58% TS% and .272 WS/48 the last two playoff runs. That's huge. That's what ultimately differentiated the Heat from the Spurs, Thunder, Celtics and even the Pacers.

I don't buy into this notion that he's going against scrub teams. Yeah, the East after the top 3-4 teams (or top-2 sadly this year) isn't amazing. But whatever. That happens regularly.

And, again, since this is coming mainly from Kobe fans, go look at your path to the Finals in 2009. Y'all beat my Magic! Wow!!!!!! The Nuggets in the WCF? I only bring this up to just touch on the fact that singling out LeBron's two Final runs and pretending they're the only "weak" runs ever is just preposterous.

Dade County
02-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I agree and as long as LeBron is there I expect some free agents to want in and I definitely expect the Heat and LBJ to win another title albeit I don't think it will happen this year. LeBron will likely be the #1 player in basketball until he's 35 barring injury.

I just think he's out of line with his comments because he's basically saying as long as he's in the NBA Durant will not win a ring. Seems to me that Westbrook + KD entering their prime is a lot more tantalizing than anything the Heat will be able to put together going forward for awhile.

I think KD averaged over 30pts when he faced the HEAT in the Final's & westbrook was westbrook; plus Harden coming off the bench (but not star Harden form Houston, I know).

I think the HEAT will be fine.

Entertainment reasons.

beliges
02-17-2014, 06:03 PM

Let's not overestimate the strength of these teams. They start two below-replacement level players every night.

2013 playoff performances:

2011-Lebron simply was a nervous wreck and failed.

2013-They played a great SA team but talent persevered.

Its always a long road to win a title and there will always be obstacles. But certain teams simply have too much talent not to win. It was inevitable that the Heat were gonna win a few titles with that team. They were leaps and bounds better than the entire league.

mngopher35
02-17-2014, 06:43 PM

Yes, if you completely ignore context sure. There is a reason the last 2 years has been a struggle and it is because of injuries and decline to wade/bosh (bosh just being that short injury, mostly wade). It was not a cakewalk to a title by any means and I would like to see someone back that up if it was.

Far more talent than durant, westbrook, harden, ibaka? That seems pretty tough to do from a talent standpoint. If it was such a cakewalk for Lebron he wouldn't have needed to perform the way he did especially in big elimination games.

Heediot
02-17-2014, 06:47 PM

Not picked on but talks **** about, bad choice of words I emphasized.

beliges
02-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Yes, if you completely ignore context sure. There is a reason the last 2 years has been a struggle and it is because of injuries and decline to wade/bosh (bosh just being that short injury, mostly wade). It was not a cakewalk to a title by any means and I would like to see someone back that up if it was.

Far more talent than durant, westbrook, harden, ibaka? That seems pretty tough to do from a talent standpoint. If it was such a cakewalk for Lebron he wouldn't have needed to perform the way he did especially in big elimination games.

I dont see any decline in Bosh. He is still as good as he has ever been. Not sure where this is coming from. Clearly his numbers are not what they were when he was the franchise player in Toronto, and thats because he is with two other franchise players now.

And yes, Wade's injuries are slowing him down a bit but the dude is still one of the 10 best players in the league and one of the elite scorers in the game. Again, Miami was all but guaranteed a few rings with that roster as the last few years Miami had arguably one of the most stacked squads in NBA history.

And yes, when Harden was with the Thunder, Wade was better than Westbrook, Harden and probably every bit as good as Durant was. LOL. Dude, stop downgrading Miami's talent level. Again, they had talent on a historic level. Not too often you get 3 franchise players during their prime on the same squad.

mngopher35
02-17-2014, 07:22 PM
I dont see any decline in Bosh. He is still as good as he has ever been. Not sure where this is coming from. Clearly his numbers are not what they were when he was the franchise player in Toronto, and thats because he is with two other franchise players now.

And yes, Wade's injuries are slowing him down a bit but the dude is still one of the 10 best players in the league and one of the elite scorers in the game. Again, Miami was all but guaranteed a few rings with that roster as the last few years Miami had arguably one of the most stacked squads in NBA history.

And yes, when Harden was with the Thunder, Wade was better than Westbrook, Harden and probably every bit as good as Durant was. LOL. Dude, stop downgrading Miami's talent level. Again, they had talent on a historic level. Not too often you get 3 franchise players during their prime on the same squad.

I clearly stated that bosh was only the short injury (2012 for boston and indiana). You have yet to explain how it was a cakewalk for Lebron. They were underdogs going into the finals that year (or it was very close, I remember putting money down). All you are doing is saying that they were expected to win because healthy wade/bosh is so talented (then admitting wade isn't the same). Wade might have been better than westbrook/harden but it was pretty close with his knees and he definitely wasn't better than both combined.

Supreme LA asked what Lebron fans want? Just judge him fairly and give him credit when it is do. Laker/Kobe fans rant all day about how easy it was for the heat, most stacked team ever etc. etc.

Delrayhc
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM

Most of the greats in any sport think that way and many speak that way as well. Look at Muhammad Ali nobody talked like him and we all love him. I don't think it's a big deal. I think it's good for sports because I'm sure Durant is going to give more than his all to try to prove LeBron wrong. Competition

RocketLoc80
02-17-2014, 10:19 PM

So who you got winning the championship the next couple of years ? Thunder or Heat explain why?

BULLSFAN0810
02-17-2014, 10:23 PM
im going to state this as my opinion then you guys will flame.

James isnt better than Durant..point blank.
Its James size speed and decent basketball iq.
he just learned the post within the last 2 years or so,prior to that ...give him the Jumper....still give him the jumper.
James isnt as clutch as Durant...actually he isnt better at anything compared to Durant. If james is better its a tad bit.
James just has Body mass,and coordination which helps make a hooper but as far as skill,james isnt better as Durant OR MELO..its size,not skill.

IE..Bosh is shooting 3s...why? why cant they P&P/p&R with BOSH?
why do they run a small lineup to exploit James when they can put him on the block anyway? James game doenst allow you to play a big,wheras with the formentioned players you can run convientional to space age lineups...actually the small ball James plays in Miami started in OLYMPICS/Qualifiers where MELO WAS STARTER at PF and James came in off bench at PF. im not saying James isnt great but he is gonna find out soon if the NBA gave him a helping hand with those ships to eleviate the pressure off his head.

stawka
02-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Lol^

ghettosean
02-17-2014, 11:38 PM

+1

slashsnake
02-18-2014, 12:02 AM

I guess I would just expect a bit more scoring out of a guy you brought in heavily for that reason in a game 7 of a finals than zero points

Wade isn't really top 10 anymore. He was a 16 5 and 5 guy in last years playoffs and gives you nothing about 20 games a year.

Bosh, well he still is a great midrange shooter. I thought his defense against Duncan in the finals was pretty piss poor (made him look like 27 year old Duncan), and his rebounding since he joined Miami has fallen off the block. That Pacers series, that was one thing I thought they would get from him, but just nothing. For a supposed star at 6'10 playing 35 minutes a game, I'd like to see more than 7 boards a game. He is the best midrange weapon in the league, but he was oh so much more about 5 years ago, and if you can't see that, well... lets just say its pretty obvious.

Not sure what you mean about getting 3 franchise guys same time same squad. Ron Harper was a franchise guy before joining Jordan and Pippen. Doesn't mean they got one when he was there.

"Dude is one of the elite scorers in the game"? He can't put up the same points as the great offensive weapon known as Dwight Howard this year. He is 48th in the league in FG's made. 57 other players have scored more points than him this year. That's now elite? He can give his team just a few points less than Trevor Ariza?

It isn't that kind of a fall off for them, but it definitely isn't Bird with McHale and Parish, or Magic with Kareem and Worthy. And I wouldn't call his supporting cast on the level of Wilkes, Nixon, Scott, Archibald, Cowens, Ainge, Lewis, etc.

It just feels like you are really really stretching to try to keep your belief alive. Bosh is as good as ever? Wade just slowed down "a bit"? He's scoring half what he did in the playoffs a few years ago. Can we say Pierce and Garnett have only slowed down a bit too? And wade on par with durant a couple years ago?

I am sorry but if you are feeling you have to stretch that far to prove that these guys are the same as they were 4 years ago, you are just proving how far they really have fallen.

And saying this is one of the most stacked rosters in NBA history is a joke. You haven't watched much of the league.

LordFappington
02-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Lebron will not let it happen.

amak316
02-18-2014, 04:52 AM

So who you got winning the championship the next couple of years ? Thunder or Heat explain why?

I think the Pacers are the favorite this year. They have played the best in my opinion and seemed to have improved from last year as some of their players are beginning to reach their primes. Their differential was the best in the league last time I checked and they nearly beat Miami last year. As of right now I'd bet them over any other team, and I think they will be the favorite next year if everything remains the same.

I do think that any of 4 teams could win it all this year and not surprise me (thunder, Pacers, heat, spurs) as all are great and no one team prob has a greater than 5% better shot than the other 3 of winning it all. The playoffs should be great this year, I'm already excited.

thenaj17
02-18-2014, 06:48 AM

+1

Glad i'm not he only 1 who realises this!

RocketLoc80
02-18-2014, 09:40 AM
+1

Glad i'm not he only 1 who realises this!

+2 people are so easily influenced and brainwashed by people like Stephan A Smith and Skip Bayless ****** a&&es

Tony_Starks
02-18-2014, 01:30 PM
If Im KD I'd be thinking wow this guy sure does keep my name in his mouth a lot. It's almost trolling at this point....

TheIlladelph16
02-18-2014, 02:04 PM
If KD hasn't won one by the time Lebron retires, he sure as hell is going to be feeling the pressure.

**** that might not be for another 10 years.

nickdymez
02-18-2014, 02:59 PM

he just learned the post within the last 2 years or so,prior to that ...give him the Jumper....still give him the jumper.
James isnt as clutch as Durant...actually he isnt better at anything compared to Durant. If james is better its a tad bit.
James just has Body mass,and coordination which helps make a hooper but as far as skill,james isnt better as Durant OR MELO..its size,not skill.

why do they run a small lineup to exploit James when they can put him on the block anyway? James game doenst allow you to play a big,wheras with the formentioned players you can run convientional to space age lineups...actually the small ball James plays in Miami started in OLYMPICS/Qualifiers where MELO WAS STARTER at PF and James came in off bench at PF. im not saying James isnt great but he is gonna find out soon if the NBA gave him a helping hand with those ships to eleviate the pressure off his head.

Somwone gets it here

Delrayhc
02-18-2014, 03:36 PM

Somwone gets it here

And that someone sure isn't you.

nickdymez
02-18-2014, 04:30 PM

Heat fans get so upset.

TrueFan420
02-18-2014, 04:35 PM

Not just this but LBJ road to the finals is a two team race between heat and pacers while durant has to go through a staked west. People take that into account.

beliges
02-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Not just this but LBJ road to the finals is a two team race between heat and pacers while durant has to go through a staked west. People take that into account.

It really became a two team race just this season with the emergence of Indiana. Nobody really expected Indiana to put up as much of a fight as they have these past two playoffs. But now, with the emergence of Paul George and the rest of that roster getting that experience, Miami's road to the Finals will not be a cake walk like years past.

TrueFan420
02-18-2014, 04:57 PM
It really became a two team race just this season with the emergence of Indiana. Nobody really expected Indiana to put up as much of a fight as they have these past two playoffs. But now, with the emergence of Paul George and the rest of that roster getting that experience, Miami's road to the Finals will not be a cake walk like years past.
Agreed but you could argue before the pacers then celtics on their last legs and bulls with rose presented a little bit of a challenge (not as strong as these pacers) but still nothing like going thru the west to the finals.

It's not the sole reason for less pressure on durant but definitely plays a part.

Delrayhc
02-18-2014, 07:44 PM

Heat fans get so upset.

Not upset at all , just keeping it real.

amos1er
02-18-2014, 09:45 PM

Amen!!! I want to see a real champion win it all. It's been so long.

amos1er
02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Heat fans get so upset.

They are not even real Heat fans... They are just pretender *** Lebronites. How many of these so-called Heat fans did we even see on here back in early 2010??? Barely any... Funny thing though, I seem to remember a heck of a lot of Cavs fans on here back then. Hmmmmmm

amos1er
02-18-2014, 09:50 PM

One of the best points I've seen in this thread so far. Hard to argue with that.

amos1er
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM

+1

koreancabbage
02-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Somwone gets it here

Heat fans get so upset.

Amen!!! I want to see a real champion win it all. It's been so long.

They are not even real Heat fans... They are just pretender *** Lebronites. How many of these so-called Heat fans did we even see on here back in early 2010??? Barely any... Funny thing though, I seem to remember a heck of a lot of Cavs fans on here back then. Hmmmmmm

One of the best points I've seen in this thread so far. Hard to argue with that.

+1

blind hate right here at its best.

FlashBolt
02-19-2014, 12:56 AM
Quoting your own post = pure comedy. Golden.

goingfor28
02-19-2014, 01:40 AM
why is every stupid thing that comes out of lebrons mouth NBA thread worthy? most is that crap should stay in the heat forum. its like espn feeling the need to notify me the final score of every heat game. i do not care. if i did, i would add them to my "teams" on apps.

people need to hop off

FlashBolt
02-19-2014, 02:54 AM
why is every stupid thing that comes out of lebrons mouth NBA thread worthy? most is that crap should stay in the heat forum. its like espn feeling the need to notify me the final score of every heat game. i do not care. if i did, i would add them to my "teams" on apps.

people need to hop off

Because this thread had "Goingfor28, please click and read this or you will die" all over it.