PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash: The Finish Line article and episode 1

DreamShaker
02-13-2014, 08:11 PM
http://grantland.com/features/approaching-the-finish-line/

Really compelling. Check it out. I am really rooting for the guy now. Brings a new life to calling someone "washed up". Humanizes it.

spreadeagle
02-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Really glad he ditched the Raps offer and signed with LA for 30 mil. We got Lowry for half the price

DreamShaker
02-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Really glad he ditched the Raps offer and signed with LA for 30 mil. We got Lowry for half the price

Yeah...would have been cool to see him finish up in Canada, though.

DreamShaker
02-13-2014, 08:31 PM
BTW...a random Baron Davis sighting in the video. One thing that hit me was when Nash tied one's ability to play at a high level to a player's self-esteem as a person. Saying "things will never be the same for me again". That's why he's trying so hard to get back. To see if he still has enough yet to feel complete again, seemingly.

Duncan = Donkey
02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Feel bad for him, im glad he played 10 games this year though

jsthornton7
02-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Feel bad for him, im glad he played 10 games this year though

You're such a troll dude. You're always taking shots at the Lakers. Get over it. Concentrate on your own successes while you can. Suns are doing really well, enjoy it.

Bruno
02-13-2014, 09:43 PM
this was great.

Duncan = Donkey
02-13-2014, 09:44 PM
You're such a troll dude. You're always taking shots at the Lakers. Get over it. Concentrate on your own successes while you can. Suns are doing really well, enjoy it.

Your a rival team, I cant be happy the Lakers are going through a tough time?

mdm692
02-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Come home to phx and retire!!!

jsthornton7
02-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Your a rival team, I cant be happy the Lakers are going through a tough time?

You can be as happy as you want, but you for some reason you feel the need to take shots at LAL at every opportunity you get. That's not being happy, that's being bitter.

Duncan = Donkey
02-13-2014, 10:15 PM
You can be as happy as you want, but you for some reason you feel the need to take shots at LAL at every opportunity you get. That's not being happy, that's being bitter.

Not bitter at all, there is nothing malicious in my post against the Lakers. Its just banter.
Think you are being a bit precious to be honest.

jsthornton7
02-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Doesn't really come off as banter, more like baiting. Anyways, I've said my piece. No hard feelings.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 12:15 PM
I feel for him. My favourite player of all time, want him to retire with a ring but on the flip side I hate the Lakers and wish them nothing but failed lottery drafts for the next ten years.

Mr_Jones
02-15-2014, 11:18 PM
I feel for him. My favourite player of all time, want him to retire with a ring but on the flip side I hate the Lakers and wish them nothing but failed lottery drafts for the next ten years.

lolol

sunsfan88
02-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Steve Nash, you will be missed!

AEWyatt7
02-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Our medical staff could save him in PHX. He could come off the bench for one year why not :-)

JiffyMix88
02-16-2014, 04:50 PM

I'll second that

leftie5
02-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Truly special player and I am fortunate to have seen some great years with him on the Suns. Even though the Lakers are in our division, the basketball fan in me wants to see him be able to contribute on the court on a consistent basis again.

This is a reminder that should tell fans to appreciate greatness while you can because nothing lasts forever. Same goes with Kobe and a lot of other players.

mightybosstone
02-16-2014, 06:28 PM
I read the article and watched the video last week and really, really enjoyed it. Nash has always been a fun guy to watch and one of those players I always respected and wanted to succeed. I'd love to see him win a title, but one thing the article points out is that he has no desire to leave LA because of his kids. If that's the case, I don't think there's a chance in hell he's going to win a championship unless he's willing to back up Paul and the Clippers instead. Or maybe he'd be willing to commute a bit and play for the Warriors?