PDA

View Full Version : Wade is out

PleaseBeNice
02-13-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm sick of seeing this guy sitting out with a sore foot, a migraine, a sore back, dirty laundry, shoes stink, needs to brush his teeth, etc you name it. Now he will sit out the all star game. I think he should just retire after this contract. I'm sick of seeing Lebron pull all the weight for the heat while wade just sits and rides him to a ring.

Big Zo
02-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Are you upset because you can't check out his *** when he sits?

Stunner
02-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Idk but noes he's saying he doesn't know if he'll play in the all star game , somebody needs to call Lowry .

PleaseBeNice
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM

Not really. But good question.

shep33
02-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Migraines are debilitating so that's understandable. But he's just breaking down which sucks. Getting old sucks

beasted86
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Seriously... take two Pamprin, change your Kotex, and put a cold pack on your stomach.... don't worry, you'll be fine.

BHF
02-13-2014, 01:56 PM
he should make room for Lowry in the all star game

SINCESTARBURY25
02-13-2014, 01:57 PM
I'm sick of seeing this guy sitting out with a sore foot, a migraine, a sore back, dirty laundry, shoes stink, needs to brush his teeth, etc you name it. Now he will sit out the all star game. I think he should just retire after this contract. I'm sick of seeing Lebron pull all the weight for the heat while wade just sits and rides him to a ring.
you should break your legs and and tear your tendons and see if you can run up and down a basketball court.
Seriously you dont know what kind of pain he is in.

Slug3
02-13-2014, 02:00 PM

Just shut up already. It's not like it has affected Miami much as it is.

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 02:00 PM
I agree the guy is taking off a lot of time this season, but it will be worth it if he can play 35 minutes of great basketball every night in the playoffs. As much fun as these close regular season games are, they don't mean a whole lot. The Heat could rest both Lebron AND Wade like every other game after the All Star break, and they'd still get the 2 seed. The question is whether they care about getting home court advantage throughout the playoffs or not.

However, on the flip side, if Wade sucks in the postseason, then all this time off will seem like a huge waste.

PleaseBeNice
02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Just shut up already. It's not like it has affected Miami much as it is.

So I guess that means Wade means nothing to Miami thus far.

Slug3
02-13-2014, 03:03 PM
So I guess that means Wade means nothing to Miami thus far.

No it means at this point in the season he is not needed like he will be in the playoffs.

mngopher35
02-13-2014, 03:30 PM
If I were a Miami fan I would be happy he is taking time off and trying to be healthy. I haven't looked into if these are significant injuries but my guess is if it were the playoffs he would be playing most of these game (could be wrong here).

Seriously though they are going to need him as close to healthy as possible for the playoffs and that really should be their only concern. Lebron and Bosh can take care of the regular season if it means healthier wade for playoffs.

beliges
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM

Well, Lebron came to him in order to win. So, unless you're sick of seeing Lebron win championships, you better hope he gets all the rest he needs now, because once the post season starts, Lebron will need Wade if we plans on winning any more chips.

Kelly Gruber
02-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Aaaaaand I'm in the NBA forum...

P&GRealist
02-13-2014, 03:42 PM

Was this supposed to be some comeback attempt?

c.c.
02-13-2014, 03:53 PM
LeBron should bail after this season, he already got a reputation for it. Come to the Rockets and play our power forward position.

Pg - Beverly
SG - Harden
Sf - Parson
Pf - James
C - Howard

6th man: T. Jones

That says championship all over that

LAKobeBryant
02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Jump onto another wagon perhaps OKC?

smith&wesson
02-13-2014, 04:03 PM
the heat should trade wade.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
I agree the guy is taking off a lot of time this season, but it will be worth it if he can play 35 minutes of great basketball every night in the playoffs. As much fun as these close regular season games are, they don't mean a whole lot. The Heat could rest both Lebron AND Wade like every other game after the All Star break, and they'd still get the 2 seed. The question is whether they care about getting home court advantage throughout the playoffs or not.

However, on the flip side, if Wade sucks in the postseason, then all this time off will seem like a huge waste.

exactly right.

On a side note, anyone who didn't see this coming didn't watch Wade play throughout his career. His crashing style means you age faster due to injuries. Its why a Kobe Bryant learned by age 25 or so, to pick your spots when you are going to attack without fear of getting killed. Honed a midrange game to combat the negative impact of that style. Extended his star days another 5 years past what we got out of Wade.

Hawkeye15
02-13-2014, 04:09 PM
LeBron should bail after this season, he already got a reputation for it. Come to the Rockets and play our power forward position.

Pg - Beverly
SG - Harden
Sf - Parson
Pf - James
C - Howard

with what money? Unless you can find takers for Asik/Lin and take nothing but expirings back, you have no money.

c.c.
02-13-2014, 04:28 PM
with what money? Unless you can find takers for Asik/Lin and take nothing but expirings back, you have no money.

If Lebron shows interest then Morey will make it happen. Not to mention Bron would most likely take another pay cut. Besides them two poison contracts and Howard/Harden, our team is nothing but rookie contracts and vet minimum contracts. It shouldn't be that hard, "IN MOREY WE TRUST"

Hawkeye15
02-13-2014, 04:32 PM
If Lebron shows interest then Morey will make it happen. Not to mention Bron would most likely take another pay cut. Besides them two poison contracts and Howard/Harden, our team is nothing but rookie contracts and vet minimum contracts. It shouldn't be that hard, "IN MOREY WE TRUST"

unless you can pawn off Asik and Lin's contract, you have 0 shot. LeBron isn't taking less than $18-20 million per year.

Slug3
02-13-2014, 07:56 PM

You talk as if Morey has more pull than Riley which in this world he does not.

Slug3
02-13-2014, 07:56 PM
unless you can pawn off Asik and Lin's contract, you have 0 shot. LeBron isn't taking less than $18-20 million per year.

That's the thing some clipper fans or rocket fans or whoever just think Lebron is going to take a million to play with them because.

tredigs
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Good thing there's still two #1's in their prime to shore up the weight.

Wade has been ridiculous this year with all the rest he gets, but he's only playing for 1 thing.

ManRam
02-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah...Wade, who's been banged up consistently for years now, really should be doing everything he can to play in games in MID FEBRUARY because THOSE are the games that really matter most! Better get those minutes in now so he can be hobbling down the court in the ECF.

You'd think a Heat fan would know what the team's priorities are. Guess not...

MonroeFAN
02-13-2014, 08:05 PM
guy is a total *****, figured it was old news at this point? I'm really sick of hearing about him tbh.

beasted86
02-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah...Wade, who's been banged up consistently for years now, really should be doing everything he can to play in games in MID FEBRUARY because THOSE are the games that really matter most! Better get those minutes in now so he can be hobbling down the court in the ECF.

You'd think a Heat fan would know what the team's priorities are. Guess not...

HEAT fan? Where? OP is a (admitted) LeBron only fan.

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 08:49 PM

They'll be off the books in 2015, though, as will Lebron if he sticks out the remainder of his contract in Miami. I'm not saying I think Lebron would necessarily go to Houston, because I don't. I don't think he ever leaves Miami. I'm just saying it's financially feasible.

beasted86
02-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I don't know if LeBron is resigning in Miami, signing with another team, retiring, or going to play in Europe.

But what I do know is there's no way on Earth LeBron is going to take a pay cut while Dwight Howard bathes in a $23M as a vastly inferior teammate. I promise you that. What made Miami work is all 3 guys took paycuts and nobody is really making more than the other.

Most of the time people bring up these scenarios of where LeBron should go (all while taking a paycut most of the time) they have him pairing up with a guy making at least $4M more than he would be signing for. Unrealistic.

NBA_Starter
02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
They are just saving him for the playoffs, he looks really good on days rest so maybe it will work out.

Dade County
02-13-2014, 10:30 PM

Well Lbj did cost Wade a championship and a Final's Mvp against Dallas... So I think things are evening it's self out.

BHF
02-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Well Lbj did cost Wade a championship and a Final's Mvp against Dallas... So I think things are evening it's self out.

because wade would have made it to the finals without Lbj :)

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 12:18 AM
I don't know if LeBron is resigning in Miami, signing with another team, retiring, or going to play in Europe.

But what I do know is there's no way on Earth LeBron is going to take a pay cut while Dwight Howard bathes in a $23M as a vastly inferior teammate. I promise you that. What made Miami work is all 3 guys took paycuts and nobody is really making more than the other.

Most of the time people bring up these scenarios of where LeBron should go (all while taking a paycut most of the time) they have him pairing up with a guy making at least $4M more than he would be signing for. Unrealistic.

The cap doesn't work that way. There is a maximum amount of money you can offer a player. I'm not sure what Lebron's maximum contract would start at in 2015-16, but Houston only has like $39 million on the books that season season, so it's feasible they could offer Lebron a max deal depending on how much the contract is worth and what the cap is that season.

That being said, I still think it's unlikely Lebron is leaving Miami. And even if he was leaving, I don't see Houston as the first place he'd go. I'm just saying it's feasible.

True Sports Fan
02-14-2014, 12:38 AM
No way rockets sign LBJ. Isn't Parsons up for an extension too?

Back on topic, I don't mind him resting as long as he can go during playoffs

Dade County
02-14-2014, 01:29 AM
because wade would have made it to the finals without Lbj :)

Of course... Riley would have used Lbj money to sign other players around Wade & Bosh that year.

FreakaNashur
02-14-2014, 06:11 AM
keep dreaming kiddo, and stop stealing our slogan. morey ain't riley.

John Walls Era
02-14-2014, 06:14 AM

Pg - Beverly
SG - Harden
Sf - Parson
Pf - James
C - Howard

I only see a loser