PDA

View Full Version : harden flop?

nastynice
02-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Umm, did I just see Harden flop in the last 4 seconds of the houston washington game? He's a good player, but what the **** man, this type of **** ain't right. Flopping on a last possession rather than playing for the bucket. Doesn't sit well with me. Thoughts?

*I know he hit the game winner after that, and I give him his props, it was a nice take. But that has nothing to do with what I'm bringing up here. Flopping on a last possession of a 2 pt game, that's just taking it to another level.

Matter.
02-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Umm, did I just see Harden flop in the last 4 seconds of the houston washington game? He's a good player, but what the **** man, this type of **** ain't right. Flopping on a last possession rather than playing for the bucket. Doesn't sit well with me. Thoughts?

*I know he hit the game winner after that, and I give him his props, it was a nice take. But that has nothing to do with what I'm bringing up here. Flopping on a last possession of a 2 pt game, that's just taking it to another level.

Not only Harden, but there are other superstars who flop also

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 12:05 PM
He acted a bit, but I still think that was worthy of a foul call. If every eye in the stadium and watching on television knows they're going to pass it to one guy on an in-bounds play and you put your hands all over the guy and lock arms with him, there's always a chance they're going to call a foul. Did Ariza push him enough for him to fall over? Probably not.

nastynice
02-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Not only Harden, but there are other superstars who flop also

Yea, but on the LAST play of the game?? That's the point of what I'm saying, the timing and situation, its just wayy too much.

If I were a Rockets fan, and Harden doesn't get the call, which would obviously be the right call, I would be pissed at him. Its like he just gave up on the play. You can't have flop on your mind over bucket in THAT situation...

sep11ie
02-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Yea, but on the LAST play of the game?? That's the point of what I'm saying, the timing and situation, its just wayy too much.

If I were a Rockets fan, and Harden doesn't get the call, which would obviously be the right call, I would be pissed at him. Its like he just gave up on the play. You can't have flop on your mind over bucket in THAT situation...

Well he did and we're not, so shut up.

nastynice
02-13-2014, 12:16 PM
lol, butthurt. don't take it personally...

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
lol, butthurt. don't take it personally...

Watch the play. Whether Ariza pushed him enough to knock him over, there was certainly enough contact on that play to warrant a possible foul call.

ghettosean
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Flopping in general is pathetic and not part of basketball unless cheating is part of the game now a days!

Whether a call is warranted or not is not up to the player to decide that's the refs job not an actors.

rockets-fan
02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
He flopped on the foul but did get fouled regardless, did you not see ariza lock his arms?

rockets-fan
02-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Flopping in general is pathetic and not part of basketball unless cheating is part of the game now a days!

Whether a call is warranted or not is not up to the player to decide that's the refs job not an actors.

Why would ariza foul a player known for flopping in the last possession....is he stupid?

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 12:27 PM

A foul is a foul is a foul. I think the term "flop" is used a little too often. To me, a "flop" should be a player who deliberately takes a dive on a play that does not warrant a foul. If a player sells a legitimate foul by falling down, I generally don't have a problem with that.

Tony_Starks
02-13-2014, 12:35 PM
James Harden has game. He's really good. Why he resorts himself to being a famous flopper is beyond me. Real ball players don't respect that......

ManRam
02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
A foul is a foul is a foul. I think the term "flop" is used a little too often. To me, a "flop" should be a player who deliberately takes a dive on a play that does not warrant a foul. If a player sells a legitimate foul by falling down, I generally don't have a problem with that.

Agreed.

An embellishment of a foul, while slightly off putting, doesn't bother me. A foul is a foul, the embellishment doesn't negate that. People get too caught up over that stuff, and most everyone does it.

An outright flop, like when you're not touched or hardly touched, that bothers me. Not as much as the notion that only 3-5 players do it, however.

I disagree with most people's definition of "flop"...much like the word "tank". People use it far too liberally.

alexander_37
02-13-2014, 12:54 PM
James Harden has game. He's really good. Why he resorts himself to being a famous flopper is beyond me. Real ball players don't respect that......

Like Kobe? What a fake "baller"

Durant? Nobody respects him.

ThuglifeJ
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM
This is why its impossible to respect Harden. His flopping and traveling is awful. How can he continually cheat the game and only get baby fines

ThuglifeJ
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM
He's ruining the game of basketball.

Htownballa1622
02-13-2014, 02:03 PM

Yes. James Harden is the single reason the game of basketball is being ruined. :rolleyes:

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 02:04 PM

Get over yourself. That's ****ing ******** to blame the increase in flopping in the NBA on a single player. If we're playing that game, then your overstatements on NBA related issues is ruining the NBA forum.

alexander_37
02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
No, moronic fans who are incapable of thinking rationally are ruining the game of basketball.

P&GRealist
02-13-2014, 03:02 PM
He flopped on the foul but did get fouled regardless, did you not see ariza lock his arms?

I thought refs swallowed their whistles at the end of games. :rolleyes:

P&GRealist
02-13-2014, 03:03 PM
No, moronic fans who are incapable of thinking rationally are ruining the game of basketball.

So u are siding with 1 flopping imbecile over millions of basketball fans?

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 03:07 PM

Calling the guy an "imbecile" is totally uncalled for and unfair. Also, I hardly consider it stupid on his part to take advantage of a system that rewards him for embellishing fouls. He just got a max contract, plays for the team with the fifth best record in the league and probably got paid millions for all the commercials he's done this season. Who's the idiot? That guy or the guys at home who wastes his time complaining about that guy? It certainly seems to me to be the latter.

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Also, I love how apparently there are "millions" of fans who are outraged over this based on a sample size of the same 15-20 posters who ***** about it on PSD. I don't know if you guys know how surveys and sample sizes work, but 20 PSD posters does not equate to "millions" of NBA fans around the world.

D-Leethal
02-13-2014, 03:21 PM

Thats the part that pissing me off. Its so engrained in these dudes brains that they are thinking "at the first touch of contact, give it your best flop and get this call" instead of something like "once he bites the jab, take him baseline to the rim and win this game". Its to the point where they are so confident in their flopping abilities they don't mind diving on the floor and risking a TO just to sell a minimal contact call with the game on the freakin' line.

Also, I love how apparently there are "millions" of fans who are outraged over this based on a sample size of the same 15-20 posters who ***** about it on PSD. I don't know if you guys know how surveys and sample sizes work, but 20 PSD posters does not equate to "millions" of NBA fans around the world.

LOL. Are you kidding me dude? The NBA had to freakin' implement a system of fines and penalties because the backlash it was getting. Flopping has become a word in every single NBA fans vocabulary because of this crap. Of course everyone hates it. Its ****ing pathetic.

PinstripePride
02-13-2014, 03:23 PM
I love how everyone is making a big deal about flopping now because the NBA came out and said something. It wasn't a big deal before the NBA came out and said something, now was it? Now that the NBA has come out and said they're going to start fining, every fan makes a big deal about it. Yes Harden did flop, but we won the game and that's all that I care about. Take the fine Harden (if the NBA come down on you) but I'd take the win instead any day of the week.

PinstripePride
02-13-2014, 03:27 PM
I will admit that Harden does have a history of flopping before though.

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Thats the part that pissing me off. Its so engrained in these dudes brains that they are thinking "at the first touch of contact, give it your best flop and get this call" instead of something like "once he bites the jab, take him baseline to the rim and win this game". Its to the point where they are so confident in their flopping abilities they don't mind diving on the floor and risking a TO just to sell a minimal contact call with the game on the freakin' line.

LOL. Are you kidding me dude? The NBA had to freakin' implement a system of fines and penalties because the backlash it was getting. Flopping has become a word in every single NBA fans vocabulary because of this crap. Of course everyone hates it. Its ****ing pathetic.
I have such a hard time taking anything you say seriously, because every time I reply to one of your posts, my sig comes up with that ridiculous comment of yours. How's that going by the way? The Lakers are only 17 1/2 games behind Houston. Still think they're going to make the playoffs and finish ahead of the Rockets?

Saddletramp
02-13-2014, 06:05 PM
I thought refs swallowed their whistles at the end of games. :rolleyes:

There was no way Harden could have caught the ball with his arms being tangled. Even if he didn't fall down, that was still a foul. The play right before that one had Wall losing the ball out of bounds and then Parsons swiping him on the head. Did the swipe lead to the ball being lost out of bounds? No. Did they call a foul? Yes. Was it with four seconds remaining? Yes. Was anyone butthurt and pussyraw about it? No.

Whether he fell over of not, it was a foul and every fan in the league would have been outraged if their player didn't get that call and it led to a loss.

alexander_37
02-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Everybody flops Harden is neither special nor an exemption. Show me a player who hasn't flopped.

Also it was hardly a flop that is 100% a foul all day.

rhino17
02-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Harden flops A LOT

but that was a CLEAR foul

move on

Tony_Starks
02-13-2014, 07:48 PM
It's funny how some fans vigorously defend Harden now. Just because he's now on their team.

I never saw people speak in his defense when he was on OKC.....

alexander_37
02-13-2014, 07:53 PM
It's funny how some fans vigorously defend Harden now. Just because he's now on their team.

And...

mightybosstone
02-13-2014, 07:55 PM

I never really had to defend the guy when he was on OKC, because he never received this much criticism. I thought he was just a hyper efficient scorer who ran an offense well, but I certainly defended him from time to time when people questioned his ability. He just didn't see this much criticism until he came to Houston, earned a reputation as a top 5-10 guy and started averaging 25 a game.

FOBolous
02-13-2014, 08:26 PM

and what's wrong with that? You better not support whichever star LA get next or else you're a hypocrite.

BenFrank
02-13-2014, 08:53 PM
It's funny how some fans vigorously Hate on Harden now. Just because he's not on their team.

Fixed that for you.. all this season I see nothing but people hating on Harden, if Rockets fans don't defend him.. who will? He was fouled on the last play, but all people see is the flop, smh... that flop/foul put the Rockets in 3rd place in the West btw.. but I'm sure it won't mean much to non Rockets fans, people insist on hating us.. and that's fine..

Asik's better
02-13-2014, 09:03 PM

Well in he was in OKC people weren't constantly making threads on him hateing on him. Can't defend from hate when hate isn't there.

ThunderousDemon
02-13-2014, 09:09 PM
:laugh:

ThunderousDemon
02-13-2014, 09:10 PM
lol look at all of the repsonses.

Tony_Starks HIDE!! lol

JEDean89
02-13-2014, 09:23 PM
players need to be suspended a game for their 2nd flop, 2 games for their 3rd and so on so forth. the only way to stop this ****.

Tony_Starks
02-13-2014, 09:40 PM
and what's wrong with that? You better not support whichever star LA get next or else you're a hypocrite.

Most of the legit Laker fans I know either like a player or they don't, regardless if he's on our squad or not. Case in point Dwight Howard, most of us didnt care for his game before and still don't like it. A lot of Laker fans don't care for Melos game, or Kevin Loves. My opinion doesn't change just because they join our team....

richardle9
02-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Even if he did flop or not, it really doesn't matter anymore. Rockets won. Get over it. Most superstar players flop. There's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Flopping will now forever be part of the game. Deal with it.

nastynice
02-13-2014, 10:41 PM

Yea, this was kinda the point of what I was making. Harden's not the only one to flop, there's plenty other floppers in the game, but that is just an extreme version based on the situation in which he flopped. The line's gotta be drawn SOMEwhere.

I really didn't make this thread to hate on Harden, he's a flopper, whatever, so are a handful of other players, its not big deal. So I understand Rockets fans feeling they gotta defend him. BUT, a handful of you guys are saying it was actually a foul?? You gotta be kidding me. Harden tries to push off Ariza, he's the one that initiates contact, Ariza body's him back and Harden drops like a sniper shot him from the top row. Serious homer vision.

Anyway, there's more to it than Harden, its a league wide issue, but that's really a scary thought to have literally the last play of a one possession game be determined by a flop. I hope somehow this doesn't become a trend, or continue.

I remember when Ginobli got clearly hacked last year in game 6 of the finals, but you know what, he's been such a flopper his whole career, that **** ended up coming back and biting him in the ***. Nobody to even blame but himself, you develop a flopper reputation and don't blame anyone else when your potential game tying hack isn't called.

Leftcoast_yg
02-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Where did all these rocket fans come from lol

EAGLES3658
02-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Ariza had his hands on Harden but it wasn't much contact. Harden grabbed and locked Ariza's arm and pulled Ariza down as he fell.

goku
02-13-2014, 11:15 PM

you would swear kobe never got calls or flopped to get one

ThuglifeJ
02-13-2014, 11:15 PM

Get over yourself. That's ****ing ******** to blame the increase in flopping in the NBA on a single player. If we're playing that game, then your overstatements on NBA related issues is ruining the NBA forum.

He's definitely ruining the game. Not single handedly but he is. He's pathetic

goku
02-13-2014, 11:21 PM
u swear harden was the first player to flop the only star that got calls

ThuglifeJ
02-13-2014, 11:24 PM

Lmao that can go both ways. The 10 defensive fans on this site don't equate to all NBA players and fans.

BTW all my friends/roommates can't stand his wimpy flops.. none on PSD just saying

ThuglifeJ
02-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Everybody flops Harden is neither special nor an exemption. Show me a player who hasn't flopped.

Also it was hardly a flop that is 100% a foul all day.

Typical apologist. He is THEE worst of the worst everyone knows this

BenFrank
02-13-2014, 11:46 PM
When Harden flops it's a problem.. when Chris Paul, Kobe, KD, or Lebron does it, brush it under the rug lol.. typical PSD... Congrat's Harden u have become the only player in the nba who flops!! Even if u are actually fouled it doesn't even matter

http://youtu.be/NeRG5qHIxJ0

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 12:01 AM
When Harden flops it's a problem.. when Chris Paul, Kobe, KD, or Lebron does it, brush it under the rug lol.. typical PSD... Congrat's Harden u have become the only player in the nba who flops!! Even if u are actually fouled it doesn't even matter

http://youtu.be/NeRG5qHIxJ0

Damn your sig is great Sir!!

goingfor28
02-14-2014, 12:05 AM
players need to be suspended a game for their 2nd flop, 2 games for their 3rd and so on so forth. the only way to stop this ****.

110% agree

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Lmao that can go both ways. The 10 defensive fans on this site don't equate to all NBA players and fans.

BTW all my friends/roommates can't stand his wimpy flops.. none on PSD just saying

Translation: "My fellow students at the junior college where I'm taking freshmen psych classes totally agree with me based on our 1st grade knowledge of the NBA and the game of basketball, in general."

BenFrank
02-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Damn your sig is great Sir!!

Thanks!! I salute yours as well..

SouthSideRookie
02-14-2014, 12:35 AM
This is why its impossible to respect Harden. His flopping and traveling is awful. How can he continually cheat the game and only get baby fines

http://www.desktopwallpaperhd.net/wallpapers/3/9/baby-crying-wallpapers-35689.jpg

thug, enjoy going back to mediocrity along with Cuban, and your friends.

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 12:48 AM
Translation: "My fellow students at the junior college where I'm taking freshmen psych classes totally agree with me based on our 1st grade knowledge of the NBA and the game of basketball, in general."

:burn:

Ouch. You went there lol.

Too real MBT. :laugh:

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 01:38 AM

This is what you said. This is why I mentioned roommates/friends/ etc to help show your delusion that only "20 PSD posters" don't like your beloved overrated James Harden.
You're wrong, its pretty universal that fans don't like his flopping.

But seriously..sick burn dude. You're awesome.

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 01:41 AM
But seriously..sick burn dude. You're awesome.

I know this. I don't need you to tell me.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 01:49 AM

Only someone insecure about their own upper education would make a sad joke attempt like this..

rhino17
02-14-2014, 01:53 AM

He's not the worst. Chris Paul is the single worst because he flops when no one is near him.....routinely. harden is definitely in the top 5, and it is terrible. As a rockets fan he is very difficult to watch at times, but he has definitely been toning it down in the past month or so, not looking for contact and not even attempting a shot like he used to.

But he is nothing compared to the post yao/pre harden rockets. They were totally unwatchable. Battier, Lowry, scola, etc. worst team ever. Flopping is killing the nba

All that said, that was a CLEAR foul last night. Harden may have exaggerated but Ariza was hugging him with both arms

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Most of the legit Laker fans I know either like a player or they don't, regardless if he's on our squad or not. Case in point Dwight Howard, most of us didnt care for his game before and still don't like it. A lot of Laker fans don't care for Melos game, or Kevin Loves. My opinion doesn't change just because they join our team....

i don't think anyone's opinion changes on any players as soon as they joined the team...however, people won't go out of the way to defend a player until that player joins their team.

EAGLES3658
02-14-2014, 02:20 AM
It isn't just Harden, in fact, Blake Griffin is the worst. Dude is an absolute joke. As is everyone else who consistently flops on a nightly basis. It is really hurting the game and it isn't just one person.

nastynice
02-14-2014, 02:31 AM
oh god, I'm sorry I ever started this thread. wtf is going on in here??

Max.This
02-14-2014, 03:08 AM
its a superstar based league. Its no secret that stars get special treatment when it comes to getting calls. James harden / Kevin durant shoot a ridiculous amount of free throws for ticky tac fouls. This is a fact. I've seen many threads bashing Lebron and HEAT fans have done their share of defending him, but Rockets fans are taking this a lot more seriously. You guys know he doesnt know your name right?

alexander_37
02-14-2014, 03:11 AM
Only someone insecure about their own upper education would make a sad joke attempt like this..

No, you just got roasted. Deal with it.

ThuglifeJ
02-14-2014, 03:55 AM

No, you just got roasted. Deal with it.

**** :/. On PSD?? :/ yikes

sunsfan88
02-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Harden is flops more than any superstar in the NBA today. That's a fact.

Ariza fouled Harden on that 2nd last play of the game. That's also a fact.

/thread

tr3ymill3r
02-14-2014, 08:51 AM

Seriously? Did you even watch the play? Ariza had his arms around him as if they were going to do a waltz or tango. Yes, he flops, but that wasn't one of them.

JJ_JKidd
02-19-2014, 05:31 AM

Isn't that a coincidence that the media-proclaimed best PG and SG in the NBA today in Chris Paul and James Harden, respectively, are also the notorious floppers in the league?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what flopping can do to one's career.

* edit: you can add the best SF (James) and PF (Griffin) in today's game in that list too.

rockets-fan
02-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Isn't that a coincidence that the media-proclaimed best PG and SG in the NBA today in Chris Paul and James Harden, respectively, are also the notorious floppers in the league?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what flopping can do to one's career.

* edit: you can add the best SF (James) and PF (Griffin) in today's game in that list too.

Love > Griffin
LMA>Griffin