PDA

View Full Version : EuroLeague v. NBA

NoahH
02-12-2014, 07:13 PM
I haven't watched a whole lot of EuroLeague play, but was just wondering (as i was looking at EuroLeague stats) why is EuroLeague so much lower scoring that the NBA? Is it simply because EuroLeague plays 4 10min quarters instead of 4 12min quarters? Or are there other differences that cause the statistical discrepancy? Is it the pace of play? Compared to the CBA too the EuroLeague is much much lower scoring.

tredigs
02-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Definitely not an expert but I do know they're much more about "team ball" and that relates both to the idea of a team having superstar(s) who are ball dominant and the amount of minutes guys play.

I did notice a few weeks ago that Nenad Krstic was the MVP of the month in the Euroleague for January, which I thought spoke some volumes.

albertajaysfan
02-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Length of the game does make a difference. You also hit on it regarding the pace of play. More half court oriented rather than the fast paced open court that a lot of teams like to play in.

SMH!
02-12-2014, 07:49 PM
a certain banned individual would love this thread lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2014, 07:51 PM
pace and 8 less minutes

Minimal
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Obviously 40 minutes of play only and because of low paced team oriented offense. There are no "superstars" sort of say in Euroleague, less hero ball, more ball movement.

Tblaze
02-13-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure but I believe the nba's rules are also more focused on creating more 1 on 1 situations and a faster pace to make it more attractive. For example the defensive violation you get if you're standing in the middle defending the lane with no opponent near is not present in Euroleague I think.

WARRIORS@GR
02-13-2014, 11:03 AM
1.much slower pace.99% of the teams in Europe play at a slower pace than every NBA team.
2.way more defence-oriented teams,and way better defensive schemes+tricks by the coaches(difference in rules helps that too)
3.8 less minutes
4.obviously there are much better scorers in the NBA,with Euroleague having better and smarter defenders+coaches.