PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel The Top 5 Seeds In The West Will Shake Out?

Clippersfan86
02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Currently it's pretty damn close and the top 5 are all within striking distance of each other.

1. Thunder 42-12. Have won 8 of the last 10.
2. Spurs 37-15. Have won 5 of the last 10.
3. Blazers 36-16. Have won 5 of the last 10.
4. Rockets 35-17. Have won 8 of the last 10.
5. Clippers 36-18. Have won 7 of the last 10.

It would help me if fans of each of these teams would add difficulty of remaining schedule to the thread so we can really crunch the details. For example I'll give the Clippers circumstances. The Clippers have 24 remaining games, half of them at home. 11 playoff opponents remaining, but 4 are coming in a row tonight and right after ASW. So after the week following ASW the schedule opens up a lot besides a 5 game road trip near the end of the season. CP3 is finally healthy, Barnes is finally healthy and Redick will be returning against the Spurs following all star weekend.

Based on recent trends and health.... My 5 are

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

SPURSFAN1
02-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Currently it's pretty damn close and the top 5 are all within striking distance of each other.

It would help me if fans of each of these teams would add difficulty of remaining schedule to the thread so we can really crunch the details. For example I'll give the Clippers circumstances. The Clippers have 24 remaining games, half of them at home. 11 playoff opponents remaining, but 4 are coming in a row tonight and right after ASW. So after the week following ASW the schedule opens up a lot besides a 5 game road trip near the end of the season. CP3 is finally healthy, Barnes is finally healthy and Redick will be returning against the Spurs following all star weekend.

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

That's my ideal top 5 with the blazers ahead of the rockets. clips and spurs for round 2. Thunder vs blazers/rockets. lol The best matchups for the spurs.

Clippersfan86
02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't think the Spurs or Grizzlies will have the same success against the Clippers this time, although it will be interesting to see. Number 1st or 2nd ranked three point defense, compared to 28th when we saw the Spurs. Also DJ+Blake are a dominant frontcourt this year, unlikely to get slaughtered by Duncan/Splitter or Zbo/Gasol again. I too WANT the Spurs though so we can finally get the monkey off the back.

I also don't think the Blazers will finish ahead of Rockets/Clippers. Or do you mean what you WANT? Because I'm trying to get predictions, not preferences.

SPURSFAN1
02-12-2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think the Spurs or Grizzlies will have the same success against the Clippers this time, although it will be interesting to see. Number 1st or 2nd ranked three point defense, compared to 28th when we saw the Spurs. Also DJ+Blake are a dominant frontcourt this year, unlikely to get slaughtered by Duncan/Splitter or Zbo/Gasol again. I too WANT the Spurs though so we can finally get the monkey off the back.

I also don't think the Blazers will finish ahead of Rockets/Clippers. Or do you mean what you WANT? Because I'm trying to get predictions, not preferences.

I would say both. The spurs aren't even out of first gear yet.

ManRam
02-12-2014, 01:13 PM
This was my preseason prediction

1. Clippers
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Grizzlies
7. Nuggets
8. Trail Blazers

Looking a bit iffy

I'll say it ends like this, being as stubborn as I can to make my preseason picks look OK:

1. Thunder
2. Clippers
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

6. Warriors
7. Mavericks
8. Grizzlies (again, stubbornness)

I have no hope for Denver at this point. And thank god I'm gonna be wrong about them.

Pakman
02-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Thunder vs spurs wcf.
1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Warriors

Dade County
02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
If westbrook isn't healthy when playoff time comes around, I can see OKC losing in the 2nd rd again.

I also think the league would love if a west coast team made it to the Finals; but I can't see the Clips or golden state making it to the Finals.

Also if this trend continues (teams in the mid west) out of the west... Dallas, OKC, Spurs, it might be Houston time to shine.

What would all the Howard haters do/say lol

KniCks4LiFe
02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Blazers
4. Clippers
5. Rockets

SPURSFAN1
02-12-2014, 01:23 PM
If westbrook isn't healthy when playoff time comes around, I can see OKC losing in the 2nd rd again.

I also think the league would love if a west coast team made it to the Finals; but I can't see the Clips or golden state making it to the Finals.

Also if this trend continues (teams in the mid west) out of the west... Dallas, OKC, Spurs, it might be Houston time to shine.

What would all the Howard haters do/say lol

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2540973/howarddealwithit.gif

JordansBulls
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

I agree with your rankings.

IndyRealist
02-12-2014, 02:43 PM
*Redacted*

valade16
02-12-2014, 03:10 PM

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

I agree with that order. The only change I could reasonably see is the Blazers at 4 and Rockets at 5. Rockets have 9 games against the top teams left and the Blazers have 8 (though the Blazers do have 3 more games against good teams like Suns and Mavs).

SportsFanatic10
02-12-2014, 03:24 PM

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

i think your missing 4 games, they should have 28 left.

i'm gonna say...

Thunder
Clippers
Spurs
Rockets
Blazers

DreamShaker
02-12-2014, 03:25 PM
It is so tight at the top 5. Only thing I'm confident about is the Thunder and Spurs one ans two, in that order. Blazers are semi-reeling and the Rockets and Clippers are rolling, so I could see them getting some headway on the Blazers.

DreamShaker
02-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Also, if the Warriors get the 6 seed...does anyone really want to play them??

valade16
02-12-2014, 03:32 PM

Does anybody really want to play any of the top 6 teams? Or heck, even the Grizzlies for that matter?

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 03:34 PM
This is a really interesting topic that I'm glad somebody brought this up. The only team that is locked into anything at this point is OKC at the top. No team is likely to catch them unless they really fall apart down the stretch or one team just comes out of nowhere to win a ton of games. Here's how I see the shaking out in terms of record, regardless of division:

1. Thunder (62-64 wins)
2. Clippers (58-60 wins)
3. Rockets (57-58 wins)
4. Spurs (55-57 wins)
5. Blazers (52-54 wins)

The Clippers and Rockets are just flat out playing better basketball right now than San Antonio and Portland. With Paul coming back and the Rockets finally having a healthy rotation, those two teams seem poised to finish with higher records. The Spurs are the wild card in all of this. If they get healthy down the stretch, they could make a run and beat everybody. I just don't see it happening right now. And Portland's schedule the rest of the way is substantially harder than it was at the start of the season.

Baller1
02-12-2014, 03:35 PM
1. Thunder
2. Clippers
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Blazers

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 03:36 PM

As crazy as it might sound, I'd rather the Rockets face the Warriors in the first round than Phoenix and Memphis. Not because I think those teams are better. I just think Houston matches up really well with Golden State, and it's shown the last couple of seasons.

Greg.
02-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Does anybody really want to play any of the top 6 teams? Or heck, even the Grizzlies for that matter?

I'm all for playing Portland

Goose17
02-12-2014, 04:13 PM
1. Warriors.

We're going to win 20 of our next 30 games, I'm telling you. It starts tonight. Dre will lock down Lebron, the King will put up the worst stat line of his career, Barnes will put up a triple double, take it to the bank

Just kidding, stop tripping.

1. OKC
2. San Antonio
3. Portland
4. Golden State
5. LAC
6. Houston
7. Phoenix
8. Memphis

WE BELIEVE!

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 04:26 PM
1. Warriors.

We're going to win 20 of our next 30 games, I'm telling you. It starts tonight. Dre will lock down Lebron, the King will put up the worst stat line of his career, Barnes will put up a triple double, take it to the bank

Just kidding, stop tripping.

1. OKC
2. San Antonio
3. Portland
4. Golden State
5. LAC
6. Houston
7. Phoenix
8. Memphis

WE BELIEVE!

Wait... So the Warriors are going to pass the Rockets and Clippers? How and why? I just do not buy that for a second. They both have a four-game lead on the Warriors and even if Golden State won 20 of 30, that STILL would not be enough to pass the Rockets or Clippers unless those teams just totally fell apart down the stretch. Except both teams are almost at full strength and are playing their best basketball of the season.

Goose17
02-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Wait... So the Warriors are going to pass the Rockets and Clippers? How and why? I just do not buy that for a second. They both have a four-game lead on the Warriors and even if Golden State won 20 of 30, that STILL would not be enough to pass the Rockets or Clippers unless those teams just totally fell apart down the stretch. Except both teams are almost at full strength and are playing their best basketball of the season.

A four game lead? You think that's a lot? LMFAO. Clippers are barely .500 on the road. They'll drop a few games. That's all it takes, a few slip ups.

#WeBelieve!
#FullSquad!
#DubsUp!

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 04:31 PM
A four game lead? You think that's a lot? LMFAO.

#WeBelieve!
#FullSquad!
#DubsUp!

Actually, considering that the Rockets have won the season series with Golden State, it's technically a 5-game lead, because the Warriors would have to have a better overall record than Houston. Do you honestly think they'll be five games better than the Rockets over the last 30 games? If so, why?

Edit: And, yes, a 5-game lead with only 30 games remaining is pretty substantial. If the Warriors did win 20 of their last 30, that means Houston would have to play .500 basketball or worse the rest of the way. They haven't had a stretch this season where they've played remotely close to that bad over an an entire 30-game stretch.

Goose17
02-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Do you honestly think they'll be five games better than the Rockets over the last 30 games? If so, why?

Yes. Because we're awesome.

#FullSquad
#Deadline
#ImprovedBench
#BadNewsBarnes
#Mintgorilla
#Anagram^
#Day-Day Green
#TopDefenseInTheLeague
#SlashandSplash

rockets-fan
02-12-2014, 04:44 PM

#FullSquad
#Deadline
#ImprovedBench
#BadNewsBarnes
#Mintgorilla
#Anagram^
#Day-Day Green
#TopDefenseInTheLeague
#SlashandSplash

Love this guy, not being sarcastic either, I'm 100% positive he believe in the warriors. That's what a fan should be.

I think the rockets take the southwest form the spurs....

OKC
Clips
Rockets
Spurs
Warriors
Blazers
PHX
Dallas

Yup that's how it will turn out

Dade County
02-12-2014, 05:13 PM
1. Warriors.

Well what unfolded in the script last year was, Golden State won at Miami (just like this year), and the HEAT beat the Warriors at their home... So I think the HEAT pull out a win tonight, do to pre-written circumstances.

FOBolous
02-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I think the Rockets have a pretty good chance of finishing ahead of both Portland and the Clippers. Houston has had a better overall record than the Clippers pretty much through most of the season, and Houston has a better record than both Portland and the Clippers vs teams that are .500 or better.

Clippersfan86
02-12-2014, 05:38 PM
I think the Rockets have a pretty good chance of finishing ahead of both Portland and the Clippers. Houston has had a better overall record than the Clippers pretty much through most of the season, and Houston has a better record than both Portland and the Clippers vs teams that are .500 or better.

This is a bit misleading. How would you fair without Howard for 19 games and Parsons for 25? Because that's our situation without CP3/Redick for chunks this year. Clippers have a better SRS and differential than the Rockets despite that right? Also Goose you brought up road record while ignoring that the Clippers have played a league high 7 game road trip TWICE. Nevermind that our road B2B's have pretty much been against mostly good teams while shorthanded.

I can easily see Clippers/Rockets at 2-3 seed but everytime I bet against the Spurs I'm wrong.

nastynice
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM

No. No one does. Top 4 team of all time.

* ****, sry, getting this mixed up with the lebron thread

**on a serious note, as it stands RIGHT NOW, warriors have to make MAJOR improvements to be considered any kind of threat in the playoffs. We all know the talent is there, but that really doesn't mean anything, especially when you're half way into the season and consistently putting up poor showings. If this is the same team going into the playoffs, I'm sure everyone will be hoping to see us in the first round

nastynice
02-12-2014, 05:49 PM

#FullSquad
#Deadline
#ImprovedBench
#BadNewsBarnes
#Mintgorilla
#Anagram^
#Day-Day Green
#TopDefenseInTheLeague
#SlashandSplash

yeaaa boyyy, mofos don't even know!!

FOBolous
02-12-2014, 05:53 PM
This is a bit misleading. How would you fair without Howard for 19 games and Parsons for 25? Because that's our situation without CP3/Redick for chunks this year. Clippers have a better SRS and differential than the Rockets despite that right? Also Goose you brought up road record while ignoring that the Clippers have played a league high 7 game road trip TWICE. Nevermind that our road B2B's have pretty much been against mostly good teams while shorthanded.

I can easily see Clippers/Rockets at 2-3 seed but everytime I bet against the Spurs I'm wrong.

Houston has had its share of injuries with Parsons, Harden, and a few key reserves out at various times throughout the season. Houston's record without Harden is 6-3 and includes wins vs San Antonion, Dallas, Memphis, Atlanta, and Minnesota.

Htownballa1622
02-12-2014, 06:08 PM
I would not mind playing warriors in playoffs at all. :) :win:

valade16
02-12-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm all for playing Portland

I've never seen someone so eager to see his team lose in the 1st round :)

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 06:20 PM

I think Howard and Parsons are a bad comparison to Paul and Redick. The Clippers have plenty of back court depth, and both Collison and Crawford are capable starting guards in this league. If the Rockets lost Howard and Parsons for that long, they would have been totally screwed this year with Asik missing all that time. That being said, it's worth noting that Asik HAS missed a ton of time. Harden has missed 8 games, Parsons and Jones have missed 5, Lin missed 10, Beverley missed 17, Garcia's missed 11 and Asik's missed more than two-thirds of the season.

tredigs
02-12-2014, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Warriors passed the Rockets or Blazers if they stay healthy throughout the rest of this season. They're 5th in the league in SRS currently ahead of both of them, which is one sign that indicates the Rox/Blazers are slightly over performing and vice versa for Golden State. Not likely given their 4 game lead, but very possible.

Bogut's situation right now is not helping that, though. Could've used his presence against the Heat tonight.

That said, I'm good with the 6 seed if Portland would continue to outperform themselves just enough to hold onto that 3 seed. I think Golden State easily wins that series.

Bishnoff
02-12-2014, 08:58 PM
This was my preseason prediction

1. Clippers
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Warriors
6. Grizzlies
7. Nuggets
8. Trail Blazers

Looking a bit iffy

I'll say it ends like this, being as stubborn as I can to make my preseason picks look OK:

1. Thunder
2. Clippers
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

6. Warriors
7. Mavericks
8. Grizzlies (again, stubbornness)

I have no hope for Denver at this point. And thank god I'm gonna be wrong about them.

Um, Suns?

NBA_Starter
02-12-2014, 10:00 PM
1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Warriors

Blazers will be sixth.

goingfor28
02-12-2014, 10:14 PM
1. Okc
2. Lac
3. Sas
4. Hou
5. Por
6. Phx
7. Gs
8. Dal

RocketLoc80
02-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Should we just give the Thunder the title?

Htownballa1622
02-13-2014, 03:07 AM
Well Rox go into break as the 3 seed.

kdspurman
02-13-2014, 10:44 AM

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers

I think that sounds about right. SA just has had a ton of injuries that have really put them in a tough spot defensively, but that first month the defense was top notch. Assuming they get everyone back post all star break, I think they could go on a nice little run.

Blazers have been falling lately, Clips/Rockets playing well. I haven't checked what OKC's schedule is like yet, and wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a spot or 2 either if it's tough, but based off of now, they look like the #1 seed.

rhino17
02-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Standings right now are

1) OKC
2) San Antonio
3) Houston
4) LAC
5) Portland

I think San Antonio will end up dropping to #4 and 2/3 being between houston and LAc

rockets-fan
02-13-2014, 11:30 AM
I agree, not like it matters, spurs in the playoffs are a whole different monster

lol, please
02-13-2014, 11:01 PM

1. Thunder
2. Spurs
3. Clippers
4. Rockets
5. Blazers
1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Grizzlies

NBA_Starter
02-13-2014, 11:13 PM
1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Grizzlies

Where are the Spurs, sixth?

SPURSFAN1
02-13-2014, 11:31 PM
1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Grizzlies

Thanks for the laugh. I will laugh more if that's his real prediction. The spurs have weathered the storm and are in 2nd place. If they get all their players back, watch out.

Now I understand. Warriors fan. Not only are the spurs out of the top 5. The warriors leapfrog everyone from 8th to 2nd. hahahahahaahah

mdm692
02-13-2014, 11:53 PM
It depends on what some of the teams do come trade deadline but as of right now

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets
Blazers

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 12:05 AM
1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Grizzlies
This is beyond insane. The Spurs have a 7 game lead on Golden State and an 8 1/2 game lead on Memphis. The Rockets have a 5-game lead on Golden State (essentially 6-game lead because of the tiebreaker) and a 6 1/2 game lead on Memphis. Do you have any idea how bad San Antonio and Houston would have to be in the last 29 games for this to happen? Or how good Golden State and Memphis would have to be?

No one in their right mind would possibly believe this. You're either insane or have no concept whatsoever of simple math and how the NBA works.

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 12:22 AM
1-OKC
2- Spurs
3- Clippers
4- Portland
5- Warriors

Htownballa1622
02-14-2014, 01:00 AM
I "lol" at predictions here. :p

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 01:11 AM
1-OKC
2- Spurs
3- Clippers
4- Portland
5- Warriors

Again, I don't know if you people are trolling or if you're just really that incompetent. For the Warriors to pass the Rockets, they would have to make up 6 wins in only 29 games. It's not impossible, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely. Also, nobody who has suggested the Rockets will drop off have provided a single shred of evidence to back up their prediction.

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Again, I don't know if you people are trolling or if you're just really that incompetent. For the Warriors to pass the Rockets, they would have to make up 6 wins in only 29 games. It's not impossible, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely. Also, nobody who has suggested the Rockets will drop off have provided a single shred of evidence to back up their prediction.

The Warriors are deeper and better coached. Take a chill pill dude, everything isn't about your team....

Baller1
02-14-2014, 01:31 AM
This is beyond insane. The Spurs have a 7 game lead on Golden State and an 8 1/2 game lead on Memphis. The Rockets have a 5-game lead on Golden State (essentially 6-game lead because of the tiebreaker) and a 6 1/2 game lead on Memphis. Do you have any idea how bad San Antonio and Houston would have to be in the last 29 games for this to happen? Or how good Golden State and Memphis would have to be?

No one in their right mind would possibly believe this. You're either insane or have no concept whatsoever of simple math and how the NBA works.

Ignore that dude, by far the most blindly biased poster on the site. He doesn't actually believe what he posts.

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 01:32 AM
The Warriors are deeper and better coached. Take a chill pill dude, everything isn't about your team....

It is when you deliberately leave that team out of the top five and insert an inferior team that is 6 games back in their place. Also, since when are the Warriors deeper? The Warriors are better at some things, but their depth is every bit as bad as Houston's, and they don't have two bench players as good as Lin and Asik. That's a weak, weak reasoning to **** on a team that's won six straight and 16 of 19.

SPURSFAN1
02-14-2014, 01:33 AM

lol

Baller1
02-14-2014, 01:33 AM

No, he's right. It's absolutely ridiculous to think the Rockets (who are playing better ball right now) are going to relinquish a rather massive lead in the standings this late into the season.

Barring an injury, I expect Houston to increase their lead in the standings on Golden State.

goku
02-14-2014, 01:47 AM

incredible we should know that laker fans want to see the rockets fail so why are we shocked he put them out the top 5

Tony_Starks
02-14-2014, 01:54 AM
No, he's right. It's absolutely ridiculous to think the Rockets (who are playing better ball right now) are going to relinquish a rather massive lead in the standings this late into the season.

Barring an injury, I expect Houston to increase their lead in the standings on Golden State.

There's a lot of basketball yet to be played man. I'm of the opinion Steph Curry is going to have a ridiculous stretch post allstar break. I could be wrong, but Golden State getting hot is not like the most preposterous idea in the world.

I'm not a fan of either team, it's just my opinion. I think the Warriors have underachieved thus far....

xxplayerxx23
02-14-2014, 01:58 AM
I would go
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Blazers
Houston
GSW
Grizz
Suns

Baller1
02-14-2014, 02:00 AM
There's a lot of basketball yet to be played man. I'm of the opinion Steph Curry is going to have a ridiculous stretch post allstar break. I could be wrong, but Golden State getting hot is not like the most preposterous idea in the world.

I'm not a fan of either team, it's just my opinion. I think the Warriors have underachieved thus far....

I think the Warriors get overlooked too often as well, they're a very solid team. But to expect them to make up such a significant number in the standings just isn't likely. It's not impossible, but I give it less than a 5% of happening. Like I said, unless Houston experiences an injury to Harden or Dwight, they'll finish above Golden State come playoff time.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 02:03 AM
1. Thunder
2. Warriors
3. Clippers
4. Blazers
5. Grizzlies

lol my new sig. There's a higher chance of Memphis bumping out the Warriors causing the Warriors to miss the playoffs than both the Grizzlies and Warriors getting hot and moving up several seeds.

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 02:06 AM

Both teams have 29 games left. Let's say the Warriors get REALLY hot down the stretch and win 80% of their games after the All-Star break. That's essentially a 23-6 record. Houston would have to go 17-12 or worse over that stretch despite having won 16 of their last 19. Just a quick run through the Rockets' schedule the rest of the way and I believe they have 17 games left against sub .500 games.

You tell me, does that seem likely now?

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 02:08 AM
Both teams have 29 games left. Let's say the Warriors get REALLY hot down the stretch and win 80% of their games after the All-Star break. That's essentially a 23-6 record. Houston would have to go 17-12 or worse over that stretch despite having won 16 of their last 19. Just a quick run through the Rockets' schedule the rest of the way and I believe they have 17 games left against sub .500 games.

You tell me, does that seem likely now?

don't worry about him, man. he's a bitter LA fan who's feelings are still hurt about Dwight leaving. He is still working through the "denial" stage of his grieving process.

goku
02-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Thunder
Rockets/Clippers
Clippers/Rockets
Spurs
Blazers
Mavs
Warriors
Suns

I see the spurs falling to the 4th seed they seem tired from that 7 game series last yr and the way they monitor minutes on back to backs can cost them seeding in the tight west they also have not looked good against younger athletic teams Blazers clippers Rockets Thunder I could be wrong maybe they get healthy and it turns around but so far this season they have not played well against the best teams

Blazers fall to 5th because of the youth factor down the stretch they are a few yrs away Imo I predicted they would fall back down to earth during the stretch run when games get more tighter and meaningful 5th seed for the blazers isn't bad at all most ppl had them at the 7th 8th spot before the season started

Rockets have been on fire lately and are in the hunt for the 2nd and Southwest division they have the tie breaker over the spurs they just have to stay playing consistent and not fall back to the way they were playing at the beginning of the season they are also finally healthy for the first time since early in the season "Asik should also be on the trade watch rockets could move him to add more depth on the bench which I think they might need" more then likely they will keep him

Clippers are also in play for the 2nd seed they lead the division so they will be anywhere from 2-4 they are healthy getting healthier CP3 back they will get Reddick back I have them just like the rockets in terms of staying consistent healthy and not back tracking down the stretch cant tell who where they will be either the 2nd or 3rd seed I do question there wing players though seems they have been trying to find wing depth or the right combination

SPURSFAN1
02-14-2014, 02:28 AM
What if griz beat out warriors for 8th? lol warriors be 3rd in east. lol just started another east is turrible circlejerk.

astrosmaniac
02-14-2014, 02:43 AM

It's not a matter of GS getting hot, like you could make an argument for with any of the top 5 teams. It's a matter of GS having to get hot and houston playing BAD. not just worse than they are now, but actually BAD. The Rockets longest losing streak all season is 2 games. 2.

Even if GS went 20 and 9 (possible, but would still be much better than they played over basically 2/3 of the season), the rockets would have to go UNDER .500 the rest of the way to be lower than them. It isn't logical or likely to happen

RollingWave
02-14-2014, 03:37 AM
lol my new sig. There's a higher chance of Memphis bumping out the Warriors causing the Warriors to miss the playoffs than both the Grizzlies and Warriors getting hot and moving up several seeds.
If the Spurs go 15-14 the rest of the way. the Warriors would need to go 23-6 , a near .800 winning percentage . that is assuming the Spurs going only around .500, as well as the Rockets / Clippers / Blazers not being that much better the rest of the way.

So yeah. pipe dream.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Yeah, after that Rockets buzzer beater and Miami buzzer beater over GSW it basically shut the door on HCA barring an epic run + anothers collapse. Which actually is OK. As long as they make the playoffs (obviously far from a guarantee), I don't think any team particularly scares Golden State (not calling them favorite. Simma). Either way they'd probably have to beat OKC so might as well try to get it over with in round 1 if they got the 8 seed. With the way the games have played out so far this season between those two, I couldn't rule out the upset as a legitimate possibility.

But I see them passing Dallas/Phx and playing the Clips in the first round. That will be intense. I mean I'm not saying it will be the guaranteed blockbuster that is Indy/Charlotte or Washington/Chicago, but it should make for OK Playoff entertainment.

RollingWave
02-14-2014, 04:47 AM
Seriously though, the West is absurd, outside of the Thunder, I don't feel confident in any other team making it past the first round depending on the match ups. hell , if the Heat and Pacers are in the West, I'm not entirely confident in them making it past round 2 either.

goku
02-14-2014, 04:53 AM
Yeah, after that Rockets buzzer beater and Miami buzzer beater over GSW it basically shut the door on HCA barring an epic run + anothers collapse. Which actually is OK. As long as they make the playoffs (obviously far from a guarantee), I don't think any team particularly scares Golden State (not calling them favorite. Simma). Either way they'd probably have to beat OKC so might as well try to get it over with in round 1 if they got the 8 seed. With the way the games have played out so far this season between those two, I couldn't rule out the upset as a legitimate possibility.

But I see them passing Dallas/Phx and playing the Clips in the first round. That will be intense. I mean I'm not saying it will be the guaranteed blockbuster that is Indy/Charlotte or Washington/Chicago, but it should make for OK Playoff entertainment.

would love to see that series CP3 vs Curry Clips and warriors also have a nice lil rivalry

WARRIORS@GR
02-14-2014, 06:15 AM
1.Thunder
2.Clippers
3.Spurs
4.Rockets
5.Warriors/Blazers
6.Blazers/Warriors
7.Grizzlies
8.Mavs

WARRIORS@GR
02-14-2014, 06:23 AM

You tell me, does that seem likely now?I wouldn't say it's likely,but it is definitely possible.Just look at the schedule post all star.Rockets have a really tough 13-game stretch,where they could easily go 3-10 or 4-9(not saying that will happen,but it could).If the Warriors get healthy,they could easily make this a 1-2 game difference,with 15+ games left.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:59 AM
I want the Clippers in the first round of the playoffs.

It won't happen though, because as the first seed we'll probably end up playing Mavs.

WARRIORS@GR
02-14-2014, 07:02 AM
I want the Clippers in the first round of the playoffs.

It won't happen though, because as the first seed we'll probably end up playing Mavs.:laugh2::laugh2:

I want Portland though,i think we won't lose more than 2 games vs them.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:09 AM
:laugh2::laugh2:

I want Portland though,i think we won't lose more than 2 games vs them.

I think we have a better chance at winning against Portland.

but... I REALLY want to play the Clips. The rivalry between us has really heated up in the last couple of seasons, I now consider them our biggest rival and I think it would make for a great series, in fact, I genuinely believe it has the potential to be the best series outside of the actual final.

Besides, I really, really, really want to knock them out of the post season. Mainly for bragging rights over Clippersfan86. lol

lol, please
02-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Beating the Clips would almost be as fun as eliminating the Rockets. I just feel bad for any team in the West in our way to a 'ship.

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Beating the Clips would almost be as fun as eliminating the Rockets. I just feel bad for any team in the West in our way to a 'ship.

I feel bad for anybody as delusional as you. Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

kdspurman
02-14-2014, 03:49 PM
I feel bad for anybody as delusional as you. Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

I have to think he is just spitting this stuff out and doesn't actually believe it.

tredigs
02-14-2014, 03:54 PM
I have to think he is just spitting this stuff out and doesn't actually believe it.

Haha - they enjoy chumming the waters.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:18 PM

Meh, I'm not that interested in eliminating the Rockets. I don't have any interest in playing them, it would be a boring series.

LAC, POR, OKC, SAS. That's the four teams I want to play, in that order. LAC and POR I've already explained. OKC because I think it would be a massive upset if we eliminated them. SAS because we deserve a rematch.

Houston aren't even on my radar.

Chronz
02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Meh, I'm not that interested in eliminating the Rockets. I don't have any interest in playing them, it would be a boring series.

LAC, POR, OKC, SAS. That's the four teams I want to play, in that order. LAC and POR I've already explained. OKC because I think it would be a massive upset if we eliminated them. SAS because we deserve a rematch.

The West is going to be a war this year

I hope to see GSW-Rox 1st round

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm starting to think these insecure and delusional warriors fans are just trolling.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 05:24 PM

got to make the playoffs first brah

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm starting to think these insecure and delusional warriors fans are just trolling.

insecure? lol where do you get that from?

And maybe you missed it first time around, all of your hick buddies did... look a little closer next time guys.

#FullSquad
#Deadline
#ImprovedBench
#BadNewsBarnes
#Mintgorilla
#Anagram^
#Day-Day Green
#TopDefenseInTheLeague
#SlashandSplash

got to make the playoffs first brah

We're .5 games back from the 6th seed and we've been under performing for most of the season. Making the playoffs is a given. Barring some disaster like everyone getting shot.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 05:47 PM
insecure? lol where do you get that from?

And maybe you missed it first time around, all of your hick buddies did... look a little closer next time guys.

We're .5 games back from the 6th seed and we've been under performing for most of the season. Making the playoffs is a given. Barring some disaster like everyone getting shot.

annnnd ladies and gentlemen, I give you another delusional warriors fan. Yea. The warriors are not in danger of missing the playoffs at all :rolleyes:

and yall have been "underperforming" for 2 years now. When are y'all going to realize this is as good as you'll ever be?

And did you just called us hicks? Are we calling each other names now? I didn't realize we're still in kindergarten.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 05:55 PM
and yall have been "underperforming" for 2 years now. When are y'all going to realize this is as good as you'll ever be?

Lol, what? We didn;t under perform or over perform last year, we played as good as we could be at the time. And the year before we didn't under perform we were young, inexperienced, transitioning into a new system and sucky.

And did you just called us hicks? Are we calling each other names now? I didn't realize we're still in kindergarten.

With an immature cry baby like Dwight, every day feels like kindergarten.

annnnd ladies and gentlemen, I give you another delusional warriors fan. Yea. The warriors are not in danger of missing the playoffs at all :rolleyes:

You really think we're in danger of missing the playoffs? And I'm delusional?

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Lol, what? We didn;t under perform or over perform last year, we played as good as we could be at the time. And the year before we didn't under perform we were young, inexperienced, transitioning into a new system and sucky.

wut?

With an immature cry baby like Dwight, every day feels like kindergarten.

first you called everyone from Texas hicks...than you called Dwight Howard a "cry baby." you're a clever one aren't you? and you know what, Dwight can cry all he wants as long as he continues to average 25pts, 12 rebs, and 2 blocks and the Rockets continues to win :D

You really think we're in danger of missing the playoffs? And I'm delusional?

The Warriors are #8 in the league right now with Memphis only 1/2 a game behind them. You tell me if the Warriors are in danger of missing the playoffs or not. Hate to break it to you man but 6-9 in the West is fluid...any team can move down several seeds as soon as they start to struggle. And of all the teams that's currently seeded 6-9 in the West, the Warrior are struggling the most with their 7-9 record over their last 16 games. so yea...you're delusional.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:32 PM
All I know is we're 28 games away from a championship. Houston will be lucky to make it past the first round. I don’t see anyone in the top 9 seeds that they could beat in a seven game series, other than themselves.

#mintgorilla

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Memphis are half a game behind us. We're half a game behind the sixth seed.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 06:43 PM
All I know is we're 28 games away from a championship. Houston will be lucky to make it past the first round. I don’t see anyone in the top 9 seeds that they could beat in a seven game series, other than themselves.

#mintgorilla

Judging by how easily the Rockets has manhandled the Warriors over the past 2 years, I saw the Warriors are one team we can beat in the playoffs :p that's IF the Warriors even make the playoffs.

Memphis are half a game behind us. We're half a game behind the sixth seed.

Hate to break it to you man but 6-9 in the West is fluid...any team can move down several seeds as soon as they start to struggle. And of all the teams that's currently seeded 6-9 in the West, the Warrior are struggling the most with their 7-9 record over their last 16 games.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Beating a team during the regular season means nothing. We're talking a seven game playoff series.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Beating a team during the regular season means nothing. We're talking a seven game playoff series.

right. says the fan of a team that always loses. hey don't worry man, i won't judge you. i would say the same thing too if my team always loses.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 06:51 PM
right. says the fan of a team that always loses. hey don't worry man, i won't judge you. i would say the same thing too if my team always loses.

Hmm.. how many games did you win in the playoffs last year? And how many did we win?

Houston are the new Denver. Solid regular season team. Will get stomped in the playoffs. You won't make it past the first round.

#mintgorilla

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Its an anagram. Come on people!

WARRIORS@GR
02-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Why do Rockets fans feel insecure about the Warriors?Let the fans be optimistic about their team.Warriors were more succesful than the Rockets last year,so they are somewhat more playoff-proven.The flopper and his Rockets in the other hand...didn't actually do great last year.So lets stop this and see what happens.

Baller1
02-14-2014, 07:16 PM

Bingo. He does the same thing in the NFL Forum. It's highly annoying.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Hmm.. how many games did you win in the playoffs last year? And how many did we win?

Houston are the new Denver. Solid regular season team. Will get stomped in the playoffs. You won't make it past the first round.

#mintgorilla

A Westbrook-less Thunder is still the best team in the NBA...as evident in their current record. it's pretty safe to assume the Warriors would've probably lose to the Thunder in the playoffs too. and congratulation on beating Denver, a team with a history of flaming out in the playoffs :clap:

Why do Rockets fans feel insecure about the Warriors?Let the fans be optimistic about their team.Warriors were more succesful than the Rockets last year,so they are somewhat more playoff-proven.The flopper and his Rockets in the other hand...didn't actually do great last year.So lets stop this and see what happens.

i think Rockets fans will leave the Warriors fans alone as soon as Warriors fans stop trashing the Rockets every chance they get.

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Yeah I'm bored of this now.

Of course the Warriors won't end up in the top 3, that's ludicrous, if they did it would be an incredibly impressive run.

Of course Harden deserves to be an all star, truth is there's so many deserving all stars in the West you would have to double the roster capacity to fit them in.

Of course the Rockets have had a great season thus far and exceeded expectations. Not as much as Portland and Phoenix, but if they finish in the top 4 it's better than I thought they would be.

Of course they'll be a threat come playoff time.

Of course Houston isn't filled with hicks and incestuous relationships.

I might be a homer but I'm not stupid.

If you had paid attention to my hashtags and seen that after #mintgorilla I wrote #anagram you would have been able to work out that #mintgorilla is an anagram for "I am trolling"

I was winding you up from beginning to end. I was bored and it seemed like a good way to entertain myself. Thanks for playing, I'm a little disappointed none of you figured it out though. Think of all the time you could have saved.

My oh my...

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:29 PM
No hard feelings btw. It was all just a bit of fun. No offense intended.

Watch out for the #mintgorrila

WARRIORS@GR
02-14-2014, 07:29 PM
i think Rockets fans will leave the Warriors fans alone as soon as Warriors fans stop trashing the Rockets every chance they get.I think you guys started this,not Warriors fans.After someone said Warriors could get HCA,some of you started saying 'delusional','you won't even make the playoffs','Rockets are better' etc.

FOBolous
02-14-2014, 07:30 PM

Of course the Warriors won't end up in the top 3, that's ludicrous, if they did it would be an incredibly impressive run.

Of course Harden deserves to be an all star, truth is there's so many deserving all stars in the West you would have to double the roster capacity to fit them in.

Of course the Rockets have had a great season thus far and exceeded expectations. Not as much as Portland and Phoenix, but if they finish in the top 4 it's better than I thought they would be.

If you had paid attention to my hashtags and seen that after #mintgorilla I wrote #anagram you would have been able to work out that #mintgorilla is an anagram for "I am trolling"

I was winding you up from beginning to end. I was bored and it seemed like a good way to entertain myself. Thanks for playing, I'm a little disappointed none of you figured it out though. Think of all the time you could have saved.
My oh my...

good job on making your stupidity so convincing :cheers:

WARRIORS@GR
02-14-2014, 07:32 PM
lol Goose:laugh:

Goose17
02-14-2014, 07:32 PM
good job on making your stupidity so convincing :cheers:

Lol, what a delightful back handed compliment.

Nothing I said was serious. Just to be completely clear.

Other than Dragic deserving to make the ASG. But hey, like I said, a lot of people deserved to be there. Harden is a more entertaining exhibition player anyway, makes sense he starts. And he deserves to be there as much as anyone.

CluTcH_c1tY
02-14-2014, 08:41 PM
1. OKC
2. Clips/Rox
3. Rox/Clips
4. SAS
5. Blazers
6. Mavs
7. Memphis
8. GSW/ PHX

The Rockets may slide a bit with the games coming out of the break. A matchup with Dallas or Memphis in the 1st round would be our worst case scenario. I would like them to play either Portland or Golden State based on recent match ups. What if OKC struggles who is more likely to get the 1st seed?

mightybosstone
02-14-2014, 09:18 PM

My oh my...

You're neither half as clever or as entertaining as you think you are.

lol, please
02-14-2014, 10:09 PM
All I know is we're 28 games away from a championship. Houston will be lucky to make it past the first round. I donít see anyone in the top 9 seeds that they could beat in a seven game series, other than themselves.

#mintgorilla
Well said.

Rockets fans know they can't beat the Warriors in a 7 games series, until they do, it's all smoke and mirrors.

rhino17
02-14-2014, 10:18 PM
If I could pick any team for the rockets to play in the playoffs, it would be golden state, but that's assuming they even make the playoffs

FOBolous
02-15-2014, 12:30 AM
If I could pick any team for the rockets to play in the playoffs, it would be golden state, but that's assuming they even make the playoffs

agreed 100% :clap::nod:

moshy2
02-15-2014, 01:44 AM
Fullsquad

SouthSideRookie
02-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Bingo. He does the same thing in the NFL Forum. It's highly annoying.

talks a lot of **** and is no where to be found once he ends up looking like an idiot.

Rockets fans know they can't beat the Warriors in a 7 games series, until they do, it's all smoke and mirrors.

http://simmqb.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/pete-carroll-et-al-rm.jpg?w=800&h=533

nastynice
02-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Well said.

I don't know man, they match up well against us. Well from their point of view. Not from ours

nastynice
02-15-2014, 02:20 AM
West is just gonna be an absolute dog fight starting from round 1. I'd love to see the clips in the first round. We been developing a bit a bad blood with them, I think it'd be a pretty crazy series

lol, please
02-15-2014, 03:17 AM
I don't know man, they match up well against us. Well from their point of view. Not from ours

:laugh2:
How exactly? Bogut limits Dwight when the refs don't bail him out, and Iggy shuts down Harden. They have no answer for Curry or Lee, if they don't take advantage of the bench to close the gap, it's over. And that's assuming we don't improve the lineup.

#FullSquad

lol, please
02-15-2014, 03:18 AM
West is just gonna be an absolute dog fight starting from round 1. I'd love to see the clips in the first round. We been developing a bit a bad blood with them, I think it'd be a pretty crazy series

It will be fun no matter who we play. :)

goku
02-15-2014, 04:06 AM

#mintgorilla

what superstars do Denver have ??? and again why do yall keep bringing up last season when the rockets didn't even have D12 this is a new season and the Rockets are playing better then the Warriors and have a much better record ......Warriors fans bringing up adavancing to the 2nd round as if they were raising the trophy they still ended up at home just like the rockets

goku
02-15-2014, 04:08 AM
:laugh2:
How exactly? Bogut limits Dwight when the refs don't bail him out, and Iggy shuts down Harden. They have no answer for Curry or Lee, if they don't take advantage of the bench to close the gap, it's over. And that's assuming we don't improve the lineup.

#FullSquad

lol

rockets-fan
02-15-2014, 06:01 AM
West will be a dog fight, literally any 1-9 can get hot and would not surprise me if any of the none best teams in the west win the west. Are the thunder/ Clips and spurs the favorites, sure, but I can see GSW and HOU upsetting them, as well as POR,PHX ect....just a very fun time to be a basketball fan right now...

As a rockets fan, the two teams that scare me are the Clips and Thunder. They own us every time.

sammyvine
02-15-2014, 07:13 AM
OKC and Spurs are clearly the best

The Clippers are pretenders imo. Every year they get hyped up, every time they fall flat like against Spurs and Memphis.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 07:43 AM
You're neither half as clever or as entertaining as you think you are.

lol, somebody is mad because they couldn't work out a simple anagram^ take that egg off your face and go make yourself some breakfast.

Calm down baby, have a piece of cheese.

#mintgorilla

lol, please
02-15-2014, 03:44 PM
^ :laugh2:

RollingWave
02-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Fun point

# of main rotation players that have played every game : Rockets = 1 , Warriors = 3
# of games top 5 player (by MPG) (Harden / Howard / Parsons / Lin / Beverley vs Curry / Klay / Bogut / Lee / Iggy, you could swap Bogut with Barnes and the result be similar) missed combined Hou = 41 GSW = 22 , and that's not even counting Omer Asik.

Houston may or may not get past the first round, but the odds of the Warriors doing it is even less this year.

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2014, 12:32 AM
1. Oklahoma City
2. San Antonio
3. Los Angeles
4. Portland
5. Houston

sunsfan88
02-17-2014, 12:59 AM
If Phoenix get Bledsoe back soon enough, then I can see the Suns taking Portland's spot in the top 5.

Keep an eye on Golden State to make a run up there as well.

lol, please
02-17-2014, 01:04 AM
Everyone always counts the Warriors out, they will have to prove their doubters wrong once again.

goku
02-17-2014, 01:22 AM
no one thinks the Rockets can catch the Spurs ?? they only 2 games back for the divison

SPURSFAN1
02-17-2014, 02:09 AM
no one thinks the Rockets can catch the Spurs ?? they only 2 games back for the divison

The spurs have played with a depleted squad for like a month and a half and the rockets haven't caughtthem. what makes you think they catch them after the ASB when we get our full squad back?

goku
02-17-2014, 03:28 AM
The spurs have played with a depleted squad for like a month and a half and the rockets haven't caughtthem. what makes you think they catch them after the ASB when we get our full squad back?

The rockets just got healthy during this win streak and the way yall rest players on back to backs can cost yall seeding Rockets don't have that problem of having to rest players Rockets are only 2 games back and Spurs have not looked to good against the best teams in the league either it could change after the all star break but the spurs have been healthy and lost to good teams we will see but 2 games is not a big gap plus the Rockets own the tie breaker its very possible

Clippersfan86
02-17-2014, 03:58 AM
Warriors, Clippers, Spurs, Thunder and Rockets have all been hit hard by injuries, no need for a pissing contest. The only west contender that hasn't been is the Trailblazers.

RollingWave
02-17-2014, 04:59 AM

They caught 2 games in January before the injuries mounted and 2 more games since. yeah, part of it is Spurs not being healthy but Rockets hardly been health either. (though not as bad as the Spurs obviously.)

And of course, given the age issue, it seems likely that Spur's main rotation guys will still miss more games the rest of the way anyway.

NBAfan3532
02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Thunder
Clippers
Spurs
Rockets
Blazers

Is what I expect it to be

goku
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
tony parker being out changes things

moshy2
02-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Tony Parker out will probably let the Rockets pass the Spurs now, but I still think the Spurs are the 2nd best team in the west and will eventually re-pass them and beat them in a 7 game series if they play. Until proven otherwise, I won't doubt the Spurs

SPURSFAN1
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
tony parker being out changes things

We're not a one man team. As long as tim is in this team, we can beat anyone if we really want to prove something.

Clippersfan86
02-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Redick out 3-6 more weeks with bulging disk. Man we are really ****ed with injuries. 3-4 seed at best without Redick for that long.

WARRIORS@GR
02-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Redick out 3-6 more weeks with bulging disk. Man we are really ****ed with injuries. 3-4 seed at best without Redick for that long.I doubt the Clippers will lose the 2nd seed.

Clippersfan86
02-18-2014, 10:51 PM
We don't have 2 seed, we have 4th in a virtual tie for 3rd.

Chronz
02-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Comin for dat 2 seed without Reddick, Spurs without TP for awhile and Blazers regressing to norm. Only worry is Houston IMO

goku
02-19-2014, 12:11 AM
We're not a one man team. As long as tim is in this team, we can beat anyone if we really want to prove something.

hmmmmm coming off a 7 game series and being an older team hard to say ....again yall have not look good against younger athletic team whether its the Blazers rockets thunder or Clippers even when healthy Rockets have matched up really well with them to the point the spurs have to hack howard

I have the spurs being beat in the 2nd round this yr

goku
02-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Rockets could lead the division by tomorrow

RollingWave
02-19-2014, 04:46 AM

No they can't. Spurs won today.

I'd like that to happen, but really, as long as the Rockets keep looking better as the season go on and have a solid showing in the playoffs (say 5-6 games into the 2nd round.) I'm pretty satisfied.

sunsfan88
02-19-2014, 05:26 AM
Redick out 3-6 more weeks with bulging disk. Man we are really ****ed with injuries. 3-4 seed at best without Redick for that long.
Redick has missed games in every single season so this shouldn't be surprising. Dude's one of the most injury prone players in the league,

valade16
02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Redick has missed games in every single season so this shouldn't be surprising. Dude's one of the most injury prone players in the league,

I was just going to bring up this point. Many people are using the excuse that their team has had injuries as if they are completely arbitrary. Many of the teams and players people are saying are injured have a long documented history of injuries, so is them getting injured really a surprise?

Thunder: only appreciable injury is Westbrook. A guy who got a devastating injury in last year’s playoffs and played 66 games the year before. Yeah it sucks, but it’s not wholly unexpected he would be injured.

Clippers: Chris Paul has never played a full season and averages 69 games played a year including only 64 per year the last 4. J.J. Reddick has had seasons of 59 games, 64 games, and 65 games played the last 5 years prior. Them missing some games is not wholly unexpected either.

Suns: Goran Dragic played 77 games last season, 66 the year before, and 70 the year before that. Last year Eric Bledsoe played 76 games but the year before that he played only 40…

Warriors: Curry only played 26 games in 2011-12. Iguodala is averaging 69 games played the last 3 seasons. The only season Andrew Bogut played the entire year was his rookie one. Heck, the reason he was traded was because he was oft injured and he has played 44 games the 2 seasons before this one and only averaged 43 games played the last 5 years.

Rockets: Harden played 62 games his last year with OKC. Dwight hasn’t played a full season since 2009-10 and has averaged only 69 games per year the last 3 seasons. Parsons has yet to play a full season.

I mean, is it really that surprising these guys are hurt when they’ve missed 10 or so games the last 3 seasons like clockwork?

SPURSFAN1
02-19-2014, 04:38 PM

That's like dividing by zero.

astrosmaniac
02-19-2014, 05:58 PM
I was just going to bring up this point. Many people are using the excuse that their team has had injuries as if they are completely arbitrary. Many of the teams and players people are saying are injured have a long documented history of injuries, so is them getting injured really a surprise?

Thunder: only appreciable injury is Westbrook. A guy who got a devastating injury in last yearís playoffs and played 66 games the year before. Yeah it sucks, but itís not wholly unexpected he would be injured.

Clippers: Chris Paul has never played a full season and averages 69 games played a year including only 64 per year the last 4. J.J. Reddick has had seasons of 59 games, 64 games, and 65 games played the last 5 years prior. Them missing some games is not wholly unexpected either.

Suns: Goran Dragic played 77 games last season, 66 the year before, and 70 the year before that. Last year Eric Bledsoe played 76 games but the year before that he played only 40Ö

Warriors: Curry only played 26 games in 2011-12. Iguodala is averaging 69 games played the last 3 seasons. The only season Andrew Bogut played the entire year was his rookie one. Heck, the reason he was traded was because he was oft injured and he has played 44 games the 2 seasons before this one and only averaged 43 games played the last 5 years.

Rockets: Harden played 62 games his last year with OKC. Dwight hasnít played a full season since 2009-10 and has averaged only 69 games per year the last 3 seasons. Parsons has yet to play a full season.

I mean, is it really that surprising these guys are hurt when theyíve missed 10 or so games the last 3 seasons like clockwork?

I understand your point as a whole, but the rockets point is off base. Harden has played 76, 82, 62, and 78 games in his 4 year career. That's not really injury prone. Dwight hasn't missed a game all year, Parsons has played 63/66 and 76/82 games and missed like 6 this year. The real issue with rockets has been that they have happened to literally everyone except dwight.