PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 scorers are all-stars except one..

numba1CHANGsta
02-12-2014, 02:28 AM
DeMarcus Cousins is averaging close to 23 points 12 rebounds a game, by far the best Center in the league. I don't believe in the whole players who don't get voted in because of their record, they should replace Dirk or Dwight with someone who has shown he's one of the best players in the league. Bringing back the "C" option wouldn't work either as fans will just vote in Dwight every time. Cousins will have a better career than Dwight

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 02:33 AM
You're kind of all over the place with this post. What point are you trying to make? Simply that Cousins is overlooked or that the All-Star system is broken? Or is this just another excuse to bash Dwight, because it certainly feels like there's a little bit of that in there, too. Try to focus your threads a little bit more next time, because I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

numba1CHANGsta
02-12-2014, 02:53 AM
You're kind of all over the place with this post. What point are you trying to make? Simply that Cousins is overlooked or that the All-Star system is broken? Or is this just another excuse to bash Dwight, because it certainly feels like there's a little bit of that in there, too. Try to focus your threads a little bit more next time, because I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

The point I'm making is how unrecognized this guy is and how underrated he is. He should have been an all-star because he is the best center in the league this year so far.

True Sports Fan
02-12-2014, 03:05 AM
Would be a all star if he played in a bigger market tbh

abe_froman
02-12-2014, 03:12 AM
its not about market,plenty of players are picked from small markets.he's being held back because of team record and rep

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-12-2014, 03:13 AM
thread title is misleading

Swashcuff
02-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Literally stopped reading when I saw by far the best C in the league.

BALLER R
02-12-2014, 08:42 AM
simple his team sucks

IndyRealist
02-12-2014, 11:09 AM
The point I'm making is how unrecognized this guy is and how underrated he is. He should have been an all-star because he is the best center in the league this year so far.

All you are really proving is that all-star voting is ridiculous, both by fans and by coaches. Just because someone scores a lot of points doesn't make them a good player. And just because a good player is on a bad team doesn't mean he should be left off. DeMarcus Cousins probably does deserve a spot but not because of anything you said.

True Sports Fan
02-12-2014, 11:20 AM
its not about market,plenty of players are picked from small markets.he's being held back because of team record and rep His rep **** is out of hand. "He has bad reputation.... So lets just T him up!!" If he played in LA or NY I have no doubt he makes it.

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 11:28 AM
....by far!!!!!

FlashBolt
02-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Kings would wet their pants of the idea in having a Cousins for Howard trade.

JordansBulls
02-12-2014, 01:35 PM
No one wants to see a fight in the allstar game which is what Cousins will most likely start.

nickdymez
02-12-2014, 01:39 PM

Your bad. He isnt "by far", but he is the best in the league.

nickdymez
02-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Kings would wet their pants of the idea in having a Cousins for Howard trade.

Only because of markatability. But Howard is a bigger problem than cousins.

sunsfan88
02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Players go to the AS game for fun...Cousins would bring unnecessary drama.

He's better off watching the game on his couch.

HeaTxRipZz
02-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Meh.....Al Jefferson has never made the team and has had similar stats. He's just another one in that boat

sep11ie
02-12-2014, 04:31 PM
He is recognized...as an *******.

Drummond#1
02-12-2014, 05:29 PM
DMC>Howard
DMC>>>>>>>>>Al Jefferson>Roy Hibbert
There is really no one else in the discussion.

R. Johnson#3
02-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Fans didn't vote him in because of popularity and coaches didn't because none of them want to deal with him.

Hawkeye15
02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Who is he replacing? Problem is, there are just a lot of really good to great players out west. Gripe all you want about Howard, but he is also 10 times the defender Cousins is. Being on a crappy team won't help Cousins either.

koreancabbage
02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Fans didn't vote him in because of popularity and coaches didn't because none of them want to deal with him.

he should change his attitude. Noone wants to deal with headcases, floor and locker room cancer. EVEN if he's not, his reputation is tainted by his earlier years in the league, and thats if he has changed.

If he is still a cancer by the time he is 30 and over, he won't make it like AI, Marbury, etc cuz of the 'poor' attitude they have.

if the all-star game is about popularity among fans and coaches - ya, Cousins isn't an all-star even if he puts up huge stats.

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Who is he replacing? Problem is, there are just a lot of really good to great players out west. Gripe all you want about Howard, but he is also 10 times the defender Cousins is. Being on a crappy team won't help Cousins either.

x2.

lionel
02-12-2014, 06:49 PM
cousins is the best C. well rounded player but he is a little dramatic and seems difficult to get along with. thats prob why

beasted86
02-12-2014, 09:19 PM
More importantly... why exactly is Cousins the best Center in the NBA again?

He doesn't play defense and has always shot a mediocre FG% for a Center.

Pretty much any of the top 5 Centers in the league, if you traded Cousins to their teams, I'm simply positive their team would get significantly worse. Rockets, Spurs, etc... just take your pick.

flea
02-12-2014, 09:30 PM
No way is he the best center. Gasol, Hibbert, Bogut, Noah, Bosh, Howard, Horford. Those are just the ones I'd take off the top of my head no question. Most promising center? He's got a good argument for that.

NBA_Starter
02-12-2014, 09:37 PM
its not about market,plenty of players are picked from small markets.he's being held back because of team record and rep

Yep, same reason for Big Al, whether it is right or wrong is up for debate but it is why.

blahblahyoutoo
02-12-2014, 10:33 PM

i thought his point was pretty clear.
cousins > dwight

DallasTrilla23
02-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Howard is still better than Cousins at this point even if the stats don't show it. Cousins gets to take all the shots he wants to on a team with the worst record in the western conference while Howard has been saying that he wants more touches but is putting winning over everything else.

Cousins is overrated..

Bruno
02-13-2014, 01:03 AM
No one wants to see a fight in the allstar game which is what Cousins will most likely start.

:laugh2:

torocan
02-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Dwight shares the scoring load with multiple players on a winning team (11.7 FGA/gm)
Cousins scores a lot on a losing team as a primary scorer (16.6 FGA/gm)

Not to mention Dwight is shooting 58% and Cousins is shooting 48%.

Toss in that Cousins is not really likable and has a history of drama and nobody should be even vaguely surprised that he doesn't get an all star nod.

Sure, Cousins scores a lot of points, but he shoots a lot more too. That's without getting into DMC's defensive skills... that's an entirely different discussion.

elizabethhill
02-13-2014, 01:35 AM
Just because someone scores a lot of points doesn't make them a good player. And just because a good player is on a bad team doesn't mean he should be left off. DeMarcus Cousins probably does deserve a spot but not because of anything you said.

Very well said. I could not agree more!

cmellofan15
02-13-2014, 01:36 AM
Cousins is the Shaq of the Sac

c.c.
02-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Dwight shares the scoring load with multiple players on a winning team (11.7 FGA/gm)
Cousins scores a lot on a losing team as a primary scorer (16.6 FGA/gm)

Not to mention Dwight is shooting 58% and Cousins is shooting 48%.

Toss in that Cousins is not really likable and has a history of drama and nobody should be even vaguely surprised that he doesn't get an all star nod.

Sure, Cousins scores a lot of points, but he shoots a lot more too. That's without getting into DMC's defensive skills... that's an entirely different discussion.

This!

Chrisclover
02-13-2014, 02:33 AM
He is a headache for teammates