PDA

View Full Version : Thunder vs Heat/Pacers=Who Would Win

RocketLoc80
02-12-2014, 02:17 AM
AT the moment would the Thunder be the favorite over the Pacers and Heat in the Finals

TheMightyHumph
02-12-2014, 02:23 AM
Either the Thunder, or the Heat, or the Pacers.

Kyben36
02-12-2014, 02:32 AM
IMO, Heat Beat Thunder, Thunder Beat Pacers, Pacers Beat Heat

Bostonjorge
02-12-2014, 04:31 AM

Beat me to it

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Pacers over Heat

Thunder over Pacers

Heat over Thunder

That's the predicament

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 04:50 AM

Oh wow lol, I just saw this. Guess great minds think alike.

Nothing has shown me that OKC has improved to such an extent from 2012. If they face the Heat, instead of losing in game 5, they'll improve by losing in game 6 if lucky. I don't think the Thunder are good enough consistently defensively to beat the Heat.

poleandreel
02-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Oh wow lol, I just saw this. Guess great minds think alike.

Nothing has shown me that OKC has improved to such an extent from 2012. If they face the Heat, instead of losing in game 5, they'll improve by losing in game 6 if lucky. I don't think the Thunder are good enough consistently defensively to beat the Heat.

lol OKC is a top 3 defensive team...

If anything, KD's improvement, Ibaka's growth, + Jackson (makes up for loss of harden) + Lamb (knock down 3 pt shooter) + a legit backup bruiser in Adams makes okc the much better team.

Wade is a shell, and Miami has regressed so much defensively since last year.

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 06:22 AM
lol OKC is a top 3 defensive team...

If anything, KD's improvement, Ibaka's growth, + Jackson (makes up for loss of harden) + Lamb (knock down 3 pt shooter) + a legit backup bruiser in Adams makes okc the much better team.

Wade is a shell, and Miami has regressed so much defensively since last year.

And my argument would be that Norris Cole has made leaps and bounds from his rookie yr since 2012 finals. Ray Allen wasn't with the Heat 2 yrs ago but is now. And guess what, LeBron is a better 3 pt shooter than he was 2 yrs ago as well as a better all around player.

If Fisher can contribute solidly off the bench, and the young guys like Jackson and Lamb come into their own come playoff time and finals time, then maybe I might switch my prediction.

But I still think if the Heat and OKC meet, I'm picking Miami otherwise. If Wade is gonna be hobbled come playoff time, so will Westbrook to a certain extent.

DreamShaker
02-12-2014, 06:36 AM
Westbrook needs to be fully healthy. They look good without him now, but the Thunder would get too predictable with Durant having to do everything. Bill Simmons suggested they trade to get Affalo or a guy like that. Might be something to look into. Can you trust Jackson, Ibaka, or Lamb in the playoffs as a 3rd scoring option? That worries me.

JordansBulls
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Thunder would get owned by either of them right now with no Westbrook.

tripleplay2007
02-12-2014, 01:48 PM

Pretty much paper, rock, scissors. Lol.

I agree with you 100%, it's really just a game of match ups.

Miami would have trouble in a 7 game series against any team with an elite center.

I think that they match up really bad with the Pacers, Rockets, Warriors, and Grizzlies.

SportsFanatic10
02-12-2014, 01:55 PM
if miami makes the finals vs the thunder i'd feel pretty confident with that matchup. pacers and thunder would be very interesting though, crazy offense vs crazy defense.

xxplayerxx23
02-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Thunder in 6 on both IMO

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
If the Heat can hold off the Pacers in the ECF, they have that 3rd straight title wrapped up. Nobody in the West is gonna beat the Heat in a 7 game series and that's a fact!

JordansBulls
02-12-2014, 02:35 PM
If the Heat can hold off the Pacers in the ECF, they have that 3rd straight title wrapped up. Nobody in the West is gonna beat the Heat in a 7 game series and that's a fact!

How so?

IndyRealist
02-12-2014, 02:41 PM
We'll find out in June :hide:

mightybosstone
02-12-2014, 02:56 PM
This poll is kind of a failure, because the Pacers and the Heat match up against OKC very differently and they're very different teams. As others have said, I would take Miami in a matchup with OKC and OKC in a matchup with the Pacers. The poll does not allow for those options.

But it's too early to tell right now anyway. We still have to get through the trade deadline, the Thunder need to adapt to getting Westbrook back and I'm curious to see if Miami has an extra gear at the end of the regular season. Plus, I think all three matchups are kind of a coin flip right now. They're clearly the three best teams in the league, and I could see any of the three winning the Finals.

RocketLoc80
02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Upping

detzfish
02-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I really think the Thunder are the best team in the league and would beat either the heat or pacers in a 7 game series. Not saying like in 4 games or anything but I don't see them getting beat. Gonna be a fun playoffs.

archdevil84
02-12-2014, 07:16 PM
its either gonne be heat or pacers for the east. out west thunder have a good chance now that spurs are struggling against playof teams so much

archdevil84
02-12-2014, 07:16 PM
would love a rematch of heat thunder in the finals tbh

RocketLoc80
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM
I really think the Thunder are the best team in the league and would beat either the heat or pacers in a 7 game series. Not saying like in 4 games or anything but I don't see them getting beat. Gonna be a fun playoffs.

So the Heat or Pacers don`t have a shot

LJEATON26
02-12-2014, 09:32 PM
I think okc beats indy in 5 and against miami it depends on scott brooks game plan. Sit perkins on the bench and win or play him and lose.

RocketLoc80
02-12-2014, 09:46 PM
I think okc beats indy in 5 and against miami it depends on scott brooks game plan. Sit perkins on the bench and win or play him and lose.

So you think the Thunder are gonna win the whole thing either way huh

siix
02-12-2014, 10:06 PM
pacers will win in 6

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Scottie Brooks is mediocre at best. If the Thunder don't win this yr, it's time to look at other coaching candidates.

NBA_Starter
02-12-2014, 10:34 PM
If the series started right now it would be hard to see anyone beating the Thunder but things can change and how will the return of Westbrook effect things?

LJEATON26
02-12-2014, 10:55 PM
So you think the Thunder are gonna win the whole thing either way huh

Scott brooks can easily coach them out of a championship but talent, depth and experience are all things that can help you put up a hell of a fight.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2014, 12:52 AM
i don't know if okc gets far without hotdog bun lips.
the playoffs is different from regular season. teams are on lockdown mode on D. we all saw how they did last season when hotdog lips got injured. no secondary scoring option.
although ibaka is MIP imo.

todu82
02-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Yeah, these 3 teams are that close that a battle between them would be to close to call but I think the Thunder would beat the Pacers and heat and Pacers would beat the Heat.

Dade County
02-13-2014, 01:20 AM
HEAT can take care of both of them... It just depends if the league wants them to drag out the series, or finish them quickly.