PDA

View Full Version : Has Lebron won his last title in Miami already?

eibbor
02-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Serious question.

I'm not saying they can't or won't win it this year. I'm just saying they aren't this super team like some are still claiming. Bosh is a good pf and their 2nd best player. Is he good enough for Lebron to go forward with them?

Wade is half the player he used to be. At first it seemed as if he was just taking a back seat to Lebron, but honestly, he just doesn't have it anymore and he is always injured.

Do they win it this year or has he already won his last title in Miami?

I personally don't think they win it this year (again not saying they won't or can't) and when that happens Lebron will really have to consider the roster. He can carry a team sure. But with 2 others making the same money? 2 players that shouldn't make anywhere close to him?

Just wondered what others thoughts were on this.

bucketss
02-11-2014, 10:27 PM
they said this last year, and before that they said he would never win a championship....

eibbor
02-11-2014, 10:29 PM
they said this last year, and before that they said he would never win a championship....

I remember. I'm talking about now though. They are a different team than before last year and last year.

Just wondered what people were thinking.

tredigs
02-11-2014, 10:37 PM

No, Heat were the favorites last year both to open the year and throughout the playoffs, especially after Westbrook went down.

This year, the odds are officially for Indiana ever so slightly over the Heat, with the Thunder as the top ranked team out of the West, but at lower odds than those two.

I think that a slight majority thinks Indiana will take out the Heat this year, and that is the side I would stand on if they went into the post season today with these rosters and Indy having HCA.

I do think he has won his last title in Miami, but winning again would not surprise many people. He is in a very good situation to win one more with such an easy path to the ECF's

cmellofan15
02-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah, he'll probably win this years chip in OKC.

Jamiecballer
02-11-2014, 10:40 PM
i believe after this season he will kick off a 12 titles in 12 years in 12 states tour. starting in North Carolina. and ending in Los Angeles California. immediately followed by pissing on the Kobe Bryant statue.

eibbor
02-11-2014, 10:42 PM
No, Heat were the favorites last year both to open the year and throughout the playoffs, especially after Westbrook went down.

This year, the odds are officially for Indiana ever so slightly over the Heat, with the Thunder as the top ranked team out of the West, but at lower odds than those two.

I think that a slight majority thinks Indiana will take out the Heat this year, and that is the side I would stand on if they went into the post season today with these rosters and Indy having HCA.

I do think he has won his last title in Miami, but winning again would not surprise many people. He is in a very good situation to win one more with such an easy path to the ECF's

I'm obviously a Pacers fan so I tried not to include that originally so as to not come off as a homer. I do think the Pacers chances are better as of right now. Still a lot of season left though.

With that said and no matter what my team is. Can this Miami team go through Indiana and then OKC? Tough

bucketss
02-11-2014, 10:50 PM
i honestly don't think pacers can beat miami in a 7 game series...

KnicksorBust
02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
No. I still think they can win at least 2 more. People act like Wade and Bosh are done and just look at the Spurs w. Manu and Duncan to see how long top players can produce. And yes I just conpared Wade to Duncan and Bosh to Manu.... and Lebron is a hell of a lot better than Tp.

Bruno
02-11-2014, 10:53 PM
I think its possible. I think he's been surpassed by KD as the best individual player and Miamis core is on their last legs. nobody makes it to the finals four years in a row since the 80s Celtics for a reason. I think Miami could squeeze out one more within the next three years if Riley has some magic up his sleeve- which I'm sure he does.

bholly
02-11-2014, 10:54 PM
How is anyone supposed to answer this meaningfully? They're 35-14, including a majorly impressive 13-4 against the West, have been on cruise control and resting guys all season, and have even added pieces to what they had last year. On top of that, the playoffs are a very high variance arena. In short, they are undoubtedly and indisputably a legitimate contender with a serious chance of winning. Beyond that, what is anyone supposed to do? Just guess?
All you're going to get are people who want someone else to win, or want to buy into whatever narrative, saying "No, I've put some real thought into this analysis, and my conclusion is they won't win, no doubt about it, and it's already clear he's leaving this summer for team x, hoi toi toi" while the people who want them to win will say "No! Of course he'll win at least 3 more! He's already got an agreement to re-sign! You just don't see the truth! Blah blah blah!".

It's not an answerable question, is what I'm trying to say, so be prepared for 100% of the answers to be worthless.

Yeah, he'll probably win this years chip in OKC.

Except this one, which I lol'd at.

eibbor
02-11-2014, 10:54 PM
i honestly don't think pacers can beat miami in a 7 game series...

Gonna be a great series

eibbor
02-11-2014, 10:56 PM
How is anyone supposed to answer this meaningfully? They're 35-14, including a majorly impressive 13-4 against the West, have been on cruise control and resting guys all season, and have even added pieces to what they had last year. On top of that, the playoffs are a very high variance arena. In short, they are undoubtedly and indisputably a legitimate contender with a serious chance of winning. Beyond that, what is anyone supposed to do? Just guess?
All you're going to get are people who want someone else to win, or want to buy into whatever narrative, saying "No, I've put some real thought into this analysis, and my conclusion is they won't win, no doubt about it, and it's already clear he's leaving this summer for team x, hoi toi toi" while the people who want them to win will say "No! Of course he'll win at least 3 more! He's already got an agreement to re-sign! You just don't see the truth! Blah blah blah!".

It's not an answerable question, is what I'm trying to say, so be prepared for 100% of the answers to be worthless.

Except this one, which I lol'd at.

Wasn't looking for a definitive answer lol Just thoughts. Can they win it this year? If not what happens.

Thought that was what sports forums were for. :)

Baller1
02-11-2014, 10:56 PM
They're going to win it all again this season.

eibbor
02-11-2014, 10:59 PM
I think its possible. I think he's been surpassed by KD as the best individual player and Miamis core is on their last legs. nobody makes it to the finals four years in a row since the 80s Celtics for a reason. I think Miami could squeeze out one more within the next three years if Riley has some magic up his sleeve- which I'm sure he does.

KD is on another level for sure.

Will he be there 3 more years though? Especially if they lose this year. Bosh is gonna be alright, but Wade seems kinda finished.

Supreme LA
02-11-2014, 10:59 PM
i believe after this season he will kick off a 12 titles in 12 years in 12 states tour. starting in North Carolina. and ending in Los Angeles California. immediately followed by pissing on the Kobe Bryant statue.

Oh you're definitely not a Kobe hater at all...smh. I can atleast respect you because you've revealed yourself rather than pretending to be an objective fan.

eibbor
02-11-2014, 11:00 PM
They're going to win it all again this season.

They have a great shot.

Going through Indiana and OKC is gonna be tough though. Would be for any team in the league

bholly
02-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Wasn't looking for a definitive answer lol Just thoughts. Can they win it this year? If not what happens.

Thought that was what sports forums were for. :)

Yeah I felt bad pretty much as soon as a wrote it, sorry about that.

But the point sort of still stands, though, right? They only reasonable response is "well they absolutely have a legitimate shot", maybe with some guesses at rough details, but really we're just in "this is the reason they play the games" territory.

cmellofan15
02-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Oh you're definitely not a Kobe hater at all...smh. I can atleast respect you because you've revealed yourself rather than pretending to be an objective fan.

Dude I think that MIGHT have been sarcasm

NBA_Starter
02-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Unless they are resting up for the playoffs then it definitely is a real possibility.

eibbor
02-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Yeah I felt bad pretty much as soon as a wrote it, sorry about that.

But the point sort of still stands, though, right? They only reasonable response is "well they absolutely have a legitimate shot", maybe with some guesses at rough details, but really we're just in "this is the reason they play the games" territory.

No harm. I took no offense and understood/understand your point.

I probably didn't make my point the way I wanted to originally. I just seem them (Miami) on the down and not up. I wasn't specifically talking about just this season. I just think it will be hard for them to go through Indiana and then after that have to go through OKC (assuming they come out on top in the west which they should imo) and so if they don't. If they don't win it, what happens? Last title in Miami for him? It would basically be him and bosh with an over paid Wade at that point. That's what I was getting at.

I agree that on paper means nothing and they have to play the games bro Just wonder what others opinions were, with respect to LBJ, how it will play out. That's all.

mRc08
02-11-2014, 11:33 PM
I don't see Lebron leaving Miami. What it took to get him there, the success that they have had. It seems unlikely they break up the team. I don't see many good destinations for him to go, and ultimately he is playing with his friends, in warm weather, and winning championships. I definitely don't think lebron has won his last championship in Miami. I believe he will continue to win until Durant knocks him off, and ultimately the NBA out of the lebron era. Much as lebron did to kobe...And with OKC's sruggles in the post season, I don't know how soon this will actually be.

Note: Don't want to write off other contenders THIS year, but looking at it from the perspective of player legacy and likely future contenders. Difficult to project who will be contending 2-3 years down the road given the instability of the league.

eibbor
02-11-2014, 11:40 PM
I don't see Lebron leaving Miami. What it took to get him there, the success that they have had. It seems unlikely they break up the team. I don't see many good destinations for him to go, and ultimately he is playing with his friends, in warm weather, and winning championships. I definitely don't think lebron has won his last championship in Miami. I believe he will continue to win until Durant knocks him off, and ultimately the NBA out of the lebron era. Much as lebron did to kobe...And with OKC's sruggles in the post season, I don't know how soon this will actually be.

Note: Don't want to write off other contenders THIS year, but looking at it from the perspective of player legacy and likely future contenders. Difficult to project who will be contending 2-3 years down the road given the instability of the league.

You make some very good points. I couldn't argue them with any facts if that were even my intention. It's all up in the air.

I don't think LBJ will stick around after this year with his supporting cast if they don't win. Just my opinion ya know. Just seems like financially their hands are tied and so if they don't win with this group you have to wonder.

Really appreciate your opinion

mightybosstone
02-11-2014, 11:53 PM
I do think Miami is facing an uphill battle this postseason, but they're pretty much a lock to at least make the ECF and anything can open in that final four. After this season, though, the Heat's future will depend on a lot of things. First off, if Wade keeps falling off, will Riley and the front office be willing to move on from him once his contract is up, or will he be willing to take a substantial pay cut? If both answers are "no," then I can't see the Heat winning another ring unless they pull off some miracle trades, get insanely lucky in the draft or add some really quality players for the league minimum at a huge discount.

But if they can realize where this franchise is at, accept a few hard truths and work some front office magic, I don't see why Miami couldn't pull off a few more titles with Lebron in a Heat jersey. However, with this current group, I wouldn't put money on them winning any more rings right now. I certainly think it's possible, but Indiana and OKC are both just playing better basketball, and other young teams like Houston, the Clippers and Golden State are all just going to keep getting better.

mRc08
02-12-2014, 12:00 AM
If the heat lose this year things may actually get interesting. My previous post was primarily under the assumption they win the championship again this year. Considering lebron faces more scrutiny than any other player for not winning, if they lose this year the pressure on him and his decision will be enormous. The heat have set the precedence for winning championships, and when that stops happening I think we could see a major shakeup. When you consider wade's decline and other factors mentioned in the thread, I still see them at the tops of the NBA, but probably by lesser margin. If you start to factor in lebron's age any season without a championship win will only tilt the scale further to him leaving. If they indeed win it again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a contract favorable to getting out early, or perhaps one with fewer years. If they lose PSD will ***** its pants with speculation.

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 12:02 AM
The Heat are still the favorite until proven otherwise.

The Pacers and OKC better step it up when the conference finals and finals come, or everyone outside of Miami will have to suffer through another Heat championship.

mRc08
02-12-2014, 12:10 AM
If the heat lose this year things may actually get interesting. My previous post was primarily under the assumption they win the championship again this year. Considering lebron faces more scrutiny than any other player for not winning, if they lose this year the pressure on him and his decision will be enormous. The heat have set the precedence for winning championships, and when that stops happening I think we could see a major shakeup. When you consider wade's decline and other factors mentioned in the thread, I still see them at the tops of the NBA, but probably by lesser margin. If you start to factor in lebron's age any season without a championship win will only tilt the scale further to him leaving. If they indeed win it again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a contract favorable to getting out early, or perhaps one with fewer years. If they lose PSD will ***** its pants with speculation.

Failed to mention one thing regarding the possibility of lebrons departure. Anytime a big time player moves team there is always the factor of "leaving" which plays into the decision. For instance, KG leaving the T-wolves. Players concerned with their legacy's usually do everything in their power to maintain a positive image across fan-bases of all the teams they played for. Lebron leaving Cleveland showed that his sole goal was to win championships, and that he is cut throat in the pursuit. I am in no way bashing him for leaving the cavs, but it is unusual for a player of his generational significance to be so "cold". To him it was about winning, and if Miami isn't the team that gives him that opportunity I would have no reason to think he wouldn't leave. He has shown the willingness to be the bad guy, disrupt past ownerships and fans, teamates etc. so that he is in the best situation for him. IF the heat lose and he see's greener pastures out there, I would imagine "emotional attachment" to a team/city/situation/market would play zero role in his decision.

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 12:22 AM
LeBron is not leaving Miami.

mRc08
02-12-2014, 12:25 AM
LeBron is not leaving Miami.

I mostly agree with you. However, do you think the heat winning/losing the nba championship THIS year will have any impact on his decision to stay or leave?

Bostonjorge
02-12-2014, 12:44 AM
This is dumb. So if Miami don't win this year it's everyone but lebron's fault? This team was built for lebron and is perfect for all his strengths if he can't get it done then it's his fault and only his.

I think it's fair since he will get all the credit if they win.

FlashBolt
02-12-2014, 12:48 AM
This is probably the last year they can competitively win it. With Wade's health being an issue, Battier slowing down, Ray Allen not being as lethal, Mike Miller gone, and Bosh being incapable of playing the C - Miami has a lot of issues. They can only look forward to Greg Oden being a 20-25 minute player when it matters. I don't see them keeping a lot of these players on the current roster.

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 01:12 AM
I mostly agree with you. However, do you think the heat winning/losing the nba championship THIS year will have any impact on his decision to stay or leave?

Probably not. Heat can always reload this summer by getting someone like Deng. However, OKC and Indiana as a TEAM have not shown me that they will be able to take down the Heat.

The Thunder are lights out offensively with Durant leading the charge, but can they be disruptive for a full 48 minutes like Miami? Do they even have it in them?

And the Pacers. Best defensive team in the league, but what happens in times when they need to score. Are they able to trade bucket for bucket with the best of em when the other team is just on their game offensively with all the shots going in?

mRc08
02-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Yeah I think the heat will stand atop for awhile. I just think once they are no longer undisputed favorites to win, he will bolt. Especially when age becomes a factor and he probably won't have any part in a rebuilding process. I don't blame him at all, I just think other nba teams will have a chance to grab him at some point b4 his "prime" is done. ( bulls have no shot) I just don't see him retiring in Miami

P&GRealist
02-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Yeah I think the heat will stand atop for awhile. I just think once they are no longer undisputed favorites to win, he will bolt. Especially when age becomes a factor and he probably won't have any part in a rebuilding process. I don't blame him at all, I just think other nba teams will have a chance to grab him at some point b4 his "prime" is done. ( bulls have no shot) I just don't see him retiring in Miami

I think Riley is so good, he will find the fountain of youth someway somehow via free agency or trade.

Riley and Wade can be trade bait anytime in the next 2-3 yrs (assuming they re-sign this summer). LeBron has proven he can win with Wade on 1 leg and Bosh being scoreless in a game 7.

LeBron 3-4 yrs ago maybe couldn't lead the charge. But right now, you give him a decent 20 ppg scorer and another 16 ppg scorer and he'll put you in championship position for years to come.

Dade County
02-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Serious question.

I'm not saying they can't or won't win it this year. I'm just saying they aren't this super team like some are still claiming. Bosh is a good pf and their 2nd best player. Is he good enough for Lebron to go forward with them?

Wade is half the player he used to be. At first it seemed as if he was just taking a back seat to Lebron, but honestly, he just doesn't have it anymore and he is always injured.

Do they win it this year or has he already won his last title in Miami?

I personally don't think they win it this year (again not saying they won't or can't) and when that happens Lebron will really have to consider the roster. He can carry a team sure. But with 2 others making the same money? 2 players that shouldn't make anywhere close to him?

Just wondered what others thoughts were on this.

Dear goodness you have fallen for the con-job...smh

The HEAT are on pace to 5peat, enjoy it. Don't let Le-con fool you.

Slug3
02-12-2014, 01:26 AM
I remember. I'm talking about now though. They are a different team than before last year and last year.

Just wondered what people were thinking.

They have a better record this year than last year.

zn23
02-12-2014, 01:31 AM
I don't think his team is strong enough to beat the Pacers in a 7 game series.