PDA

View Full Version : Knicks look to accuire Faried ...again

Stunner
02-11-2014, 05:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24439454/nba-trade-rumor-kenneth-faried-to-the-knicks

Ty_Lawson
02-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Sure...
McGee,Faried for Shump, Chandler. Why not...

P&GRealist
02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Why not get Pau in this trade somehow. B. Shaw would probably love to get Pau since he coached him for 4 yrs as an assistant under Phil.

Of course more players would have to be involved to match Gasol's salary.

Lakers get Shumpert and a pick from the Nuggets

Nuggets get Gasol

Knicks get Faried

Ty_Lawson
02-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Lol, why would we give lottery pick for one year rental of Gasol???

shep33
02-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Say the Knicks do get Faried, is he a rental or are they going to throw like 50 mill at him?

xxplayerxx23
02-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Love faried, but he would be a rental IMO unless they give him 5 year 50? I wouldn't but i think if we could do a trade like shump+ I would do it

Stunner
02-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Knicks should try and get the rights to Erick Green from them

blahblahyoutoo
02-11-2014, 06:35 PM
with this trade, knicks is back???

Ty_Lawson
02-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Knicks should try and get the rights to Erick Green from them
And what would they give us?? -.-

Stunner
02-11-2014, 06:44 PM
And what would they give us?? -.-

Lol idk man haha you guys have a ton of guards

StarvingKnick22
02-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Love faried, but he would be a rental IMO unless they give him 5 year 50? I wouldn't but i think if we could do a trade like shump+ I would do it

I just want a draft pick out of this.

AntiG
02-11-2014, 06:56 PM
why would the Knicks get a pick from trading for Faried? If anything they'd probably need to give something else up alongside Shump.

StarvingKnick22
02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
why would the Knicks get a pick from trading for Faried? If anything they'd probably need to give something else up alongside Shump.

It doesn't matter if we get Faried or not, I just want a draft pick

bbiq
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
and why do we need faried again?

Green_Monster
02-11-2014, 07:11 PM

Yeah, the Knicks would have to give up more than Shumpert. Faried is so much better than Shumpert.

xxplayerxx23
02-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I see this is as a similar thing the nets did to keep deron. They traded a for joe and Wallace and have Wallace 10 mill a year :puke: I like faried but 50 mill over even 5 years is too much to me. He is far superior to shump and helps our glaring rebounding and hustle problem but I just don't think he's worth what he's ganna want next year

xxplayerxx23
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah, the Knicks would have to give up more than Shumpert. Faried is so much better than Shumpert.

I agree, faried is better, I would rather not even go for faried

king4day
02-11-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't think any GM is idiotic enough to give Fareid 5 @ 50.
If NY gets him and another team wants him, they at least have the right to match. If another team overpays like that, they can decide to match or work out a sign and trade. At the very least, they could acquire a large trade exception.

I feel like this won't be more than a one for one trade. Maybe NY throws in a 2nd rounder.

KnicksorBust
02-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Rather use Shumpert to get Rondo.

P&GRealist
02-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Rather use Shumpert to get Rondo.

Shumpert cannot be the centerpiece of a deal to acquire Rondo.

KnicksorBust
02-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Shumpert cannot be the centerpiece of a deal to acquire Rondo.

If we eat Wallace and Humphries... you bet your *** he can.

Beltrans Mole
02-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Shumpert is the most frustrating player in the NBA. Might as well wait a few weeks when he eventually starts playing well again and sell high instead of selling right now.

GiantsSwaGG
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
How the **** does Faried fit with the Knicks? How does he fit with a ball stop in Melo and a paint clogger in Chandler?

cmellofan15
02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
How the **** does Faried fit with the Knicks? How does he fit with a ball stop in Melo and a paint clogger in Chandler?

He doesn't

And that's exactly why the Knicks want him.

Green_Monster
02-11-2014, 08:37 PM

The Celtics don't need you to eat Humphries, they'll just let him expire. If the Knicks take on Wallace, that means the Celtics would have to take on Amare. Shumpert+Amare for Rondo+Wallace based deal would get laughed at by the Celtics.

JesusNYY_Savior
02-11-2014, 08:52 PM
I dont think so, the celts dont want either of them around its pretty obvious

Green_Monster
02-11-2014, 08:58 PM
I dont think so, the celts dont want either of them around its pretty obvious

Then why hasn't a deal been completed? No one wants Amare, and Shumpert has been disappointing this year. A deal built around those two would be awful for the Celtics and will never happen.

Max.This
02-11-2014, 09:12 PM
The Celtics don't need you to eat Humphries, they'll just let him expire. If the Knicks take on Wallace, that means the Celtics would have to take on Amare. Shumpert+Amare for Rondo+Wallace based deal would get laughed at by the Celtics.

if we can flip tyson for picks and send them back towards the celtics it may be enough to interest them

Green_Monster
02-11-2014, 09:15 PM
if we can flip tyson for picks and send them back towards the celtics it may be enough to interest them

Yeah, I agree with this.

ManRam
02-11-2014, 09:20 PM

Humph is an expiring, and how do you eat Wallace's contract without sending a multi-year contract back? You can't. Basically, the best you can do is save Boston from spending $10M on Wallace in 2015-16. That alone is not even close to being worth a Rondo. Adding Shump still doesn't get you close.

You guys aren't getting Rondo without including another team in a complex trade. It's probably just a pipedream.

I too don't get why New York wants this guy so much. It's gonna cost something decent to get him, he's probably not staying long term and he really isn't a great fit.

NBA_Starter
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Wilson back to the Knicks?

NYJ - NYY
02-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Wilson back to the Knicks?

I'd enjoy that a lot

KnicksorBust
02-11-2014, 09:50 PM

Humph is an expiring, and how do you eat Wallace's contract without sending a multi-year contract back? You can't. Basically, the best you can do is save Boston from spending $10M on Wallace in 2015-16. That alone is not even close to being worth a Rondo. Adding Shump still doesn't get you close.

You guys aren't getting Rondo without including another team in a complex trade. It's probably just a pipedream.

I too don't get why New York wants this guy so much. It's gonna cost something decent to get him, he's probably not staying long term and he really isn't a great fit.

How is a pass-first defensive PG not exactly what the Knicks need?

GiantsSwaGG
02-11-2014, 09:53 PM

Because he doesn't fit, is on the downside and most of all he's OVERRATED. Plus he's a head case.

KnicksorBust
02-11-2014, 10:58 PM

Because he doesn't fit, is on the downside and most of all he's OVERRATED. Plus he's a head case.

Lol.

He doesnt fit. - Opinion supported by nothing
On the downside - He is 27 which is typically when plays approach their peak...hardly a decline
Overrated - see #1
Head case - competitive and confident sob with a ring is more like it

Perfect fit in NY with Melo.

cmellofan15
02-11-2014, 11:00 PM

Fights with coaches, overly confident, can't shoot, looking like a shell of himself...why haven't the Knicks done this yet?

xxplayerxx23
02-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Lol.

On the downside - He is 27 which is typically when plays approach their peak...hardly a decline
Overrated - see #1

Perfect fit in NY with Melo.

This and I'm not a rondo fan but he is a great fit attacks pass first good player

Cracka2HI!
02-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Why not get Pau in this trade somehow. B. Shaw would probably love to get Pau since he coached him for 4 yrs as an assistant under Phil.

Of course more players would have to be involved to match Gasol's salary.

Lakers get Shumpert and a pick from the Nuggets

Nuggets get Gasol

Knicks get Faried

I'm not sure you understand how trades work in the NBA.

John Walls Era
02-12-2014, 03:34 AM
Are the knicks looking to acquire players or are teams looking for the Knicks to acquire their players so they can trade rape them?

GiantsSwaGG
02-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Lol.

He's a ball stopper who can't shoot or space the floor, perfect for our system right?

he's gotten worse every year, I'd say he's on the decline, plus he's been injured for 3 straight seasons

Overrated - see #1

See #1 & #2

he got into it with Doc, refs, teammates and camara man... He got a ring because of KG, Allen, Pierce and Perkins.

Perfect fit in NY with Melo

No he isn't it, you'll need 2 basketball for them to work because they both love to hold the ball, plus Rondo can't shoot to save his life so how is he spacing the floor for Melo to operate?

Read it

blahblahyoutoo
02-12-2014, 02:55 PM
yeah, bad fit imo.
hope he does go to ny though. i'd like to be proven right.

KnicksorBust
02-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Lol.

He's a ball stopper who can't shoot or space the floor, perfect for our system right?

he's gotten worse every year, I'd say he's on the decline, plus he's been injured for 3 straight seasons

Overrated - see #1

See #1 & #2

he got into it with Doc, refs, teammates and camara man... He got a ring because of KG, Allen, Pierce and Perkins.

Perfect fit in NY with Melo

No he isn't it, you'll need 2 basketball for them to work because they both love to hold the ball, plus Rondo can't shoot to save his life so how is he spacing the floor for Melo to operate?

Read it

'Read it' lol. I did and I am glad you at least came back with a real response. See you act like his "love to hold the ball" is a bad thing but I think we need a proven PG who will man up and take the ball out of Melo's hands every once in a while. Anyone who watches as many Knicks games as I do would have to frustrated watching Melo bring the ball up all the time. He is not LeBron. He should be involved in pnr/postups/cuts... not running our offense. That is playing to his weaknesses not strengths. Rondo is the type of player that would wave Melo off and bring the ball up and run sets. He is not a perfect player by any means but he is miles better as a defender and facilitator than Felton.