PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter

Singhkumar9219
02-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Being a fan growing up in the 90's Vince Carter was one of the best players to watch whether he was playing for the Raptors or even the Nets in the early 2000's. That being said I think he is under rated as a player. Whenever his name come up he is always mentioned as maybe the best dunker ever. Although I agree I also know that he did expand his game and became a pretty good overall player. I believe that as a player he was stuck in that zone of just being known as a dunker and not as a player that improved. He is on his 15th Year still in the league and is pretty decent considering all the factors in play. If he retired today I think he is a first ballot HOF

Career Stats:
.799 1.3 3.6 4.9 3.7 0.7 1.1 2.9 2.1 20.4

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-11-2014, 02:53 PM
VINSANiTY!!!!!

nickdymez
02-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Definitely a hall of famer.

True Sports Fan
02-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Seems like a VC thread pops up every other week

Jamiecballer
02-11-2014, 03:30 PM
he has definitely become an underrated player. of all the uber athletes who have fallen short of their possibilities, his game has aged better than any other that i can think of. still capable of taking a game over and incredibly savvy. plays the game more with his head than he's ever been given credit for.

will probably be in the top 50-75 of just about every category imaginable when it's all said and done, including top 5 all-time for 3's. for a guy who was supposed to be just a freak athlete that is incredible.

ThuglifeJ
02-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Underappreciated forsure.

Especially by a lot of ESPN writers/''experts"
They like to comment on just his dunks like you said when he was wayy more than that.

Plus VC was 30% of sportscenter's attraction back in the day. Many ppl specifically watched sports center just to see new VC highlights.
They act like that never happened.

Fans, players, and coaches will always remember Vince though so it don't matter..just young kids won't.

Fox sports and NBA.com/TV and everything but ESPN seem to have the opinions right

Blink
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Dunking and then reving up his motorcycle is something i wont forget about VC.

Man was just wild.