PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Up 46 Points over 76ers. End of 3rd Quarter!!

xabial
02-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Feel free to merge. Just feel like this deserves its own thread because very rarely to we have these type of blowouts. I think its safe to assume the 76ers are tanking this year. What will the Final Score be?

Clippersfan86
02-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Clippers were up 56 around that point on Philly yesterday. Still absurd to lose that bad twice in a row.

RipCity32
02-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Wow that's just pathetic

mrblisterdundee
02-11-2014, 01:31 AM
131-86

ThaDubs
02-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Brett Brown left in his starters to help the deficit not be as embarrassing. Lol

asandhu23
02-11-2014, 01:47 AM
:laugh2:

sunsfan88
02-11-2014, 01:48 AM
And people were getting on me saying that Brett Brown is actually trying to win.

This is the freaking NBA, highest level of basketball in the world. No team should be 50 pts better than another team on a nightly basis.

The 76ers can have Andrew Wiiggins or Jabari Parker and whoever else they want but if they develop a losing culture like they are now, its not gonna be easy for them to get rid of that culture. Not even the greatest players will help with that.

At least try to ****ing compete damn it.

ThaDubs
02-11-2014, 01:50 AM
And people were getting on me saying that Brett Brown is actually trying to win.

This is the freaking NBA, highest level of basketball in the world. No team should be 50 pts better than another team on a nightly basis.

The 76ers can have Andrew Wiiggins or Jabari Parker and whoever else they want but if they develop a losing culture like they are now, its not gonna be easy for them to get rid of that culture. Not even the greatest players will help with that.

I seriously think they were not tanking. They played their starters about twice as long as ours did and Brett Brown got called for a technical for arguing about calls.

xabial
02-11-2014, 01:53 AM
Last night they lost by 45. Today they lost by 43. At least they're improving.

2nd time in NBA history a team lost in back to back games, back to back nights by 40 or more points.

sunsfan88
02-11-2014, 01:54 AM
I seriously think they were not tanking. They played their starters about twice as long as ours did and Brett Brown got called for a technical for arguing about calls.

Its probably just me but I think its all for show. They don't want the other owners complaining about the obvious tank job which is the 76ers.

As for playing the starters, yea they probably don't wanna be known for having two consecutive 50 pt losses.

RipCity32
02-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Yeah I don't think any draft pick is helping that team. Cavs encouraged losing like this and look what its done to them and they're locker rooms.

tredigs
02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Only team in history to lose by 40 in consecutive games other than themselves 20 years ago. Mo Speights looked like Jordan.

That's what happens when you mix the fastest paced team with the worst D against some of these squads that can just go off offensively at times.

sunsfan88
02-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Yeah I don't think any draft pick is helping that team. Cavs encouraged losing like this and look what its done to them and they're locker rooms.

Same with the Bobcats.

I can't remember where I read this quote but I thought it was great: "Teams that try to pick top 5 in the draft are the ones that end up picking top 5 in the draft for a long time" or something to that extent.

Cracka2HI!
02-11-2014, 02:00 AM
At one point in yesterdays game they were 9-60 shooting. This is the most pathetic I have ever seen an NBA team be. Coming from an 18 year Clipper fan.

sixer04fan
02-11-2014, 02:37 AM
We suck...

lol, please
02-11-2014, 02:57 AM
:laugh2:

sixer04fan
02-11-2014, 03:14 AM
The Sixers coach and players aren't intentionally losing lol. I can't believe anyone believes that crap.

The roster sucks. The players are demoralized. The coach obviously doesn't know what to do right now to get the players going. The FO has clearly made a choice to emphasize player development and salary cap flexibility over spending money just to be stuck in mediocrity hell. That is what's happening right now. Is it ugly? Yes. It's gotten to the point where these guys are clearly outmatched right now. But no one is actually actively trying to lose games.

Our coach came from 6 years under Popovich. Our GM had a major hand in setting up the Houston Rockets team that you see today. Our players, while less talented than most other teams, are like any other professional athletes. They've been trained to compete and perform at the highest possible level since they were kids. To suggest that these guys don't care about winning, or that they're intentionally losing games for better draft pick odds, is completely absurd.

But believe what you want to believe I guess. That we're losing on purpose. That the coach is getting technicals because he's just putting on a show and it's all fake. That we're playing our starters to avoid suspicions from other owners... Man, how dumb does that sound? Seriously. If you believe that, you're wrong. You're ignorant. But whatever. I for one hope they keep losing.

sixer04fan
02-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Moving forward, the Sixers have MCW, Thad if we don't trade him, Nerlens Noel (who they value very highly, and will essentially be a rookie next year), a top 3-5 pick such as Wiggins or Parker, and another lottery pick from the Pelicans. They will also have whatever assets they can collect for Hawes and Turner, and more cap space than they can even dream to spend, which they may use next year, or wait until the time is right when the young players have developed more. Talk **** for now, because we suck. But I'd rather be in the Sixers' position than probably two thirds of the league right now.

We tried the mediocrity thing for a decade. It got us nowhere but meager draft picks, luxury tax headaches, and unwise commitments to players that never helped us win anything (Brand, Iguodala, Bynum, Dalembert, etc.).

We finally have new ownership committed to making a change with a clean slate. To be financially responsible. To build through the draft. To focus on a long term, sustainable rebuild. And that's being mocked and insulted? I love what we're doing. I think it's great.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Tanking is strong with this one.

FriedTofuz
02-11-2014, 04:47 AM
the culture in philedelphia wont be so bad. it's not like the cavs whove had to rebuild for 4 years.

sunsfan88
02-11-2014, 04:54 AM
76ers fan:

I've seen a bunch of comments online during these last 2 games about Wiggins etc watching the Sixers and crying. I understand the gag, but it got me thinking anyway. I'm pretty sure just about every top prospect this year is thinking first about being the Lakers' alpha dog for the next 10 years, and then second that they really want to go to the Sixers with MCW and Noel and a good market size over any other option - Sacto, Cleveland, Utah, and to a lesser extent Orlando. We are, for once, a prime destination. Sure it's for guys who get no choice where they go, but still, it's an interesting change.
I read this and laughed for 40 minutes straight. Not even lying. I have watched some of the funniest Kevin Hart and Russel Peters videos but never have I laughed for 40 minutes straight.

The Sixers may suck but at least their fans have a sense of humor. I guess you would need humor to get yourself through a season like this one where you set records for losing games by 40+ in consecutive nights.

SugeKnight
02-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Sixers suck now, but their future is bright.

JNA17
02-11-2014, 07:05 AM
I read this and laughed for 40 minutes straight. Not even lying. I have watched some of the funniest Kevin Hart and Russel Peters videos but never have I laughed for 40 minutes straight.

The Sixers may suck but at least their fans have a sense of humor. I guess you would need humor to get yourself through a season like this one where you set records for losing games by 40+ in consecutive nights.

It's clear as day that the Sixers are tanking to their very hardest. A team that goes 3-0 and suddenly trade rumors of Even Turner? Spencer Hawes? Come on we knew this the day they traded away J Holiday for an injured rookie.

As much as I want my Lakers to lose some games to get better picks and what not, they actually try to win lol. Lakers have a d-league roster, Sixers actually have some freaking talent in with MCW, Turner, Hawes, Young, etc. what the hell is their excuse? :pity:

SeoulBeatz
02-11-2014, 07:29 AM

Lol we do, because we realize there is no chance of winning a chip this season so might as well give our young players as much time as possible and get a good pick.

MCW and Wroten (the only players on the roster that will definitely be here next season) have been playing hard while our 3 vets (E.T, Thad, and Spence) have one foot out of the door and have played like *** for the past month.

The Sixers are in this situation thanks to a decade of trying to polish a turd, capped off by the Andrew Bynum debacle. It would have been idiotic to try to patch up a championship contender around Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner so the front office decided to start from scratch. I don't see how anyone with a brain could call that a dumb decision. It makes all the sense in the world, especially considering the state the team was in after the Bynum deal. That REALLY ****ed us, we gave up Iguodala, Nikola Vucevic, and Moe Harkless for NOTHING. Think about that.

They tried to make a quick fix to contend and it backfired.... sorta like what's gonna happen if Phoenix deals for Pau.

The Sixers have gone through a decade of failed signings and trades that just kept them in mediocrity rather than committing to a youth movement. The Sixers had their hearts in the right place with the Webber trade, the Brand signing, then the Bynum deal, but all of these moves left us with a couple 1st round exits and no hope for the future.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good playoff run, but after years of the same **** with no REAL chance to contend, it's about ****ing time the team pushed the reset button and they have some really solid pieces to start out with.

Swashcuff
02-11-2014, 08:00 AM

To develop such an opinion you must first watch and understand the team which you clearly don't.

As a matter of a fact the 76ers are tied with Miami for the most wins in games decided by 3 or less points this season. On multiple occasions we have shown heart, will and fight to the very end always giving our all to stay in games. Recently however that has not been the case, but that's what happen when you have a fast paced system, while not being good offensively and being piss poor defensively.

If you think its a losing culture we're developing you got it all wrong, all you're doing is watching type of losses we have and think its the coach fault. Players ought to be help accountable as well. Look at the play of our "Big 3" Hawes, Thad and Evan in each of our blowout losses. Bet you'd find on most occasions they didn't even combine to score 15 points.

Swashcuff
02-11-2014, 08:08 AM
It's clear as day that the Sixers are tanking to their very hardest. A team that goes 3-0 and suddenly trade rumors of Even Turner? Spencer Hawes? Come on we knew this the day they traded away J Holiday for an injured rookie.

As much as I want my Lakers to lose some games to get better picks and what not, they actually try to win lol. Lakers have a d-league roster, Sixers actually have some freaking talent in with MCW, Turner, Hawes, Young, etc. what the hell is their excuse? :pity:

Remind me again what was the Bobcats record to start last season and where they finished.

Before the season even began there was speculation that Evan, Thad and Hawes would be traded.

Do you honestly believe that Hawes, Evan and Thad (two of whom are FA at the end of this season) are playing within themselves to help us tank because they've all been starting this season and averaging career greater than their career mean in MPG (career high for Hawes and 2nd highest for Evan and Thad).

The tank will be in full force IF we are able to trade away those three but currently you gotta be kidding me if you think MCW, Evan, Thad and Hawes are tanking on purpose when 2 of those players already came out openly stating that they are against tanking and all three of them may not be on the roster by season's end. They suck plain and simple. The Bucks have a better roster than we do and have yet to win 10 games.

bholly
02-11-2014, 08:22 AM

'Prime destination' was somewhat tongue in cheek, but the overall idea wasn't a joke. Do you disagree that the Sixers are probably a more desirable destination than those other teams for most of these draftees?

bholly
02-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Moving forward, the Sixers have MCW, Thad if we don't trade him, Nerlens Noel (who they value very highly, and will essentially be a rookie next year), a top 3-5 pick such as Wiggins or Parker, and another lottery pick from the Pelicans. They will also have whatever assets they can collect for Hawes and Turner, and more cap space than they can even dream to spend, which they may use next year, or wait until the time is right when the young players have developed more. Talk **** for now, because we suck. But I'd rather be in the Sixers' position than probably two thirds of the league right now.

We tried the mediocrity thing for a decade. It got us nowhere but meager draft picks, luxury tax headaches, and unwise commitments to players that never helped us win anything (Brand, Iguodala, Bynum, Dalembert, etc.).

We finally have new ownership committed to making a change with a clean slate. To be financially responsible. To build through the draft. To focus on a long term, sustainable rebuild. And that's being mocked and insulted? I love what we're doing. I think it's great.

This. I literally count 10 - maybe 11 - teams that I switch places with right now. People acting as if the value of a franchise is in how many wins it currently has is completely fine by me, though - that's how most owners and GMs seem to think, and that's what makes the game winnable for those that don't.

And before anyone thinks that we're just battered fans who just think these things to feel better - we have been pleading for this, for a proper rebuild, for years. We stepped off the mediocrity treadmill and are thrilled about it - even when it means nights like this, it's a million times better than the alternative.

PhillyFaninLA
02-11-2014, 09:19 AM
We got a lot worse when the trade talk really started heating up....I suspect once the deadline passes they will go from pathetic to really bad again.

Dear NBA Basketball Gods, with us being this bad can't you see we need a Parker or Wiggins (whichever will be better and healthier) as well as a good player from the Pelicans pick. Please show us Sixers fans some mercy and guide the ping pong balls to the right place.

sixer04fan
02-11-2014, 09:58 AM

So now you're going into the Sixers forum and pulling out posts and copying them into the main forum just to mock us? I suspected all along you were a Sixers troll with some weird obsession about how our team is operating just to obscure the truth, based on how much you talk about it and refuse to consider and reply to reasonable points, but this just proves it. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

sixer04fan
02-11-2014, 10:20 AM

1) Suddenly? We've been listening to offers for Evan and Spence since the night we traded Jrue on draft night last June. We almost traded Turner that night. The fact that we've held onto them this long and haven't just given them away for peanuts is a testament to the fact that we aren't trying to lose. We will move them to improve the future of this team. As any good team would do. They are both mediocre players and are FAs after this season.

2) We traded Jrue for an injured rookie who was still valued highly enough that he could've went 1st overall in the draft AND another lottery pick in this year's draft. 99% of NBA Expert said it was a smart trade for us.

3) Wanna talk D-League roster? Okay. We've had Lorenzo Brown, Elliot Williams, James Anderson, Tony Wroten, Hollis Thompson, Dewayne Dedmon, Brandon Davies, and Daniel Orton all getting major minutes and/or starting for us all year. Mostly undrafted guys, guys who were/are in the NBDL. Not to mention these are all first or 2nd year players who are 21 or younger. Sorry they're not playing like seasoned veteran bench players. Think about how bad this rookie class is. These are the guys who weren't even drafted with this class.

4) You say Hawes, ET, MCW, Thad, "etc." Who is etc? See above. That's it. That's our entire roster. So what are you even talking about? And Hawes, Turner, and Thad are all having career years and MCW is the ROY runaway. He leads all rookies in points, assists, rebounds, and steals. We're clearly not intentionally losing man, but we have horrible depth. We are just that bad. Pau Gasol would be far and away the best player on our team. Nick Young, Jodie Meeks, Wes Johnson, and several others on your team are actual NBA caliber players.

I'm sorry you want your team to tank so badly and that they have a better record than what you want. But making up stuff about a team you clearly have no clue about won't change that.

mjt20mik
02-11-2014, 10:22 AM
tank nation baby

2-ONE-5
02-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Feel free to merge. Just feel like this deserves its own thread because very rarely to we have these type of blowouts. I think its safe to assume the 76ers are tanking this year. What will the Final Score be?

we saw in LA the night before.

it was also safe to assume we were tanking on draft night...

2-ONE-5
02-11-2014, 11:14 AM
but yes i much rather be in the Sixers position than most of the other teams in the league. Hell we will be a playoff team 2 years from now

ManRam
02-11-2014, 11:20 AM

There's a difference between clearing out your roster and intentionally trying to lose individual games.

The team is doing the prior...I refuse to believe they're doing the latter. They're just a pathetically awful basketball team who just played the two worst match ups they probably could have.

sunsfan88, no one agrees with you for good reason. Tell me what any player or coach on that team has to gain by purposefully sabotaging games? Hint: nothing.

bholly
02-11-2014, 11:34 AM
^Particularly with guys like ET and Hawes in contract years, them and Thad all expecting to be elsewhere next season, and 5 other guys on min contracts without guaranteed money next year - MCW is probably the only guy playing right now who can be confident of being on the team next year. But yeah, they're all playing bad on purpose and diminishing their value to help next year's Sixers. Got it.

JAZZNC
02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
'Prime destination' was somewhat tongue in cheek, but the overall idea wasn't a joke. Do you disagree that the Sixers are probably a more desirable destination than those other teams for most of these draftees?
The Jazz have tons of cap room and much better young players in Favors and Hayward. We are in a similar situation in rebuilding but have a much better nucleus to build around.

SeoulBeatz
02-11-2014, 03:33 PM
There's a difference between clearing out your roster and intentionally trying to lose individual games.

The team is doing the prior...I refuse to believe they're doing the latter. They're just a pathetically awful basketball team who just played the two worst match ups they probably could have.

sunsfan88, no one agrees with you for good reason. Tell me what any player or coach on that team has to gain by purposefully sabotaging games? Hint: nothing.

This.

I don't get Sunsfan88's animosity towards the Sixers and I'd really like for him to respond to one of the many legitimate points my fellow Sixer fans have made in this thread.

So far, all he's come up with is Brett Brown's the best actor in the world and is intentionally sabotaging his own players.

SeoulBeatz
02-11-2014, 03:35 PM
The Jazz have tons of cap room and much better young players in Favors and Hayward. We are in a similar situation in rebuilding but have a much better nucleus to build around.

I'll give you that. Trey Burke, Favors, Hayward, Kanter >>> MCW and Noel.

Check in with us after this years draft.

2-ONE-5
02-11-2014, 04:36 PM

except Philly is a much larger market and more desirable city to live, no disrespect to Utah. But you also are faced with paying 4 of your starters pretty big bucks over the next 2 years

tredigs
02-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah, most players love under performing in secret in order to drop their market value and bring in another star to eat up their minutes...

That said, we'd be naive to think GMs don't orchestrate versions of this (but there's a balance in staying young/relevant/exciting even in periods of rebuilding. I'm sure current ticket/merch sales are a huge burden on any GM by their owner unless he has his 150% trust).

IMO building through trades > draft, but if you hit the lotto and get that generational piece who actually pans out (tougher to know with the age of entrants now) and can then effectively build around him, sure. Why not? Odds are not in your favor though.

bholly
02-11-2014, 04:54 PM

I'm not sure I'd put Favors and Hayward above Noel and MCW necessarily, particularly with their paydays next season, but I'm def hopeful about the nucleus as a whole, you're right - still needs that superstar talent, though. I'd argue the cap room isn't close to what the Sixers will have, but it's not a huge deal. Really I just didn't think about it that much - it was a throwaway late-night thought for other Sixers fans rather than for the main forum - I think I just lumped all those teams together as being smaller markets that aren't traditionally that appealing to players. Of course the same lack of appeal applies to the Sixers to some degree, which was sort of the point. It really wasn't something I thought about enough to want to argue either way, though.

bholly
02-11-2014, 04:59 PM
^Also obviously Jabari Parker could be a huge exception to the usual perceived SLC appeal, too, so there's that.

sixer04fan
02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't get Sunsfan88's animosity towards the Sixers and I'd really like for him to respond to one of the many legitimate points my fellow Sixer fans have made in this thread.

So far, all he's come up with is Brett Brown's the best actor in the world and is intentionally sabotaging his own players.

He's been running his mouth for a few days now about the Sixers. Same with one of the Lakers fans. Even going as far as copy/pasting a post from the Sixers forum and posting it in the NBA thread just to make fun of our conversations. I don't know if it's an on-going thing or if I just noticed it recently.

Has yet to make a valid point with any sound reasoning or evidence to back his claims up. Has yet to address any of the many legitimate points made by everyone else about why he's wrong. If he ever does respond, it will probably just be some more of his typical trolling BS ignorance. But I welcome/challenge him to bring something respectable to the table for discussion. And not just to me. But to everyone.