PDA

View Full Version : Dope Kobe Video

TDE
02-10-2014, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhZVdRFNcI

-Narrated by motivational speaker - Jaret Grossman of Muscle Prodigy

Nobody appreciates sh^t until it is gone.Very inspiring!

Duncan = Donkey
02-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Kobe is done son. 48 mill:cool:

bucketss
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
i opened and closed the link, didn't even let the video start.

Duncan = Donkey
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
i opened and closed the link, didn't even let the video start.

Its just another lame montage, with motivational guy speaking. :D

TDE
02-10-2014, 11:19 PM
The hate is strong here

still1ballin
02-10-2014, 11:23 PM
The hate is strong here

jaydubb
02-10-2014, 11:25 PM
The hate is strong here

Duncan = Donkey
02-10-2014, 11:29 PM
true, i hate Kobe. Doesn't change the fact it is one lame *** video that has been done before.

TDE
02-10-2014, 11:37 PM
true, i hate Kobe. Doesn't change the fact it is one lame *** video that has been done before.

But why?

flea
02-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Sounds dope brah.

mightybosstone
02-10-2014, 11:42 PM
I love how Kobe's not even playing right now and there's three Kobe threads on the front page of the NBA forum. I respect the guy's career as much as the next person, but do we really need this much Kobe discussion going right now? Are Lakers fans honestly this bored?

Kobes a Killer
02-10-2014, 11:49 PM
I love how Kobe's not even playing right now and there's three Kobe threads on the front page of the NBA forum. I respect the guy's career as much as the next person, but do we really need this much Kobe discussion going right now? Are Lakers fans honestly this bored?

Dont worry man you'll be just as bored after the 2nd round of the playoffs, maybe even after the 1st

Kobes a Killer
02-10-2014, 11:51 PM

Dont worry man you'll be just as bored after the 2nd round of the playoffs, maybe even after the 1st

I must be high, enjoy your first round exit. With the best Rockets team in a long time.

We'll be back

Patriot Pride
02-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Kobe is a straight baller.

mightybosstone
02-10-2014, 11:53 PM

Actually I won't be. I love watching the playoffs regardless of whether my team is represented or not because I'm a fan of the league and the sport. I'll obviously be disappointed if the Rockets don't make a decent run. But I expected them to be a second round exit this year, and that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Your jab was ineffective, sir.

Edit: Also, nice double post. Your general posting is almost as unimpressive as your trolling.

Duncan = Donkey
02-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Laker fans have nothing else to be happy about this year, maybe this video is one positive this season?

Lakers + Giants
02-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Laker fans have nothing else to be happy about this year, maybe this video is one positive this season?

I'm pretty damn happy supporting this tank tbh. :shrug:

Duncan = Donkey
02-11-2014, 12:11 AM

You are now, start of the season you weren't.

mightybosstone
02-11-2014, 12:14 AM

Meh... Sorry, I don't buy that. I'm a diehard fan of a franchise that has one a single ****ing playoff series in damn near two decades, and I could hardly say I was ever "pretty damn happy" when the Rockets were at the bottom of the standings. Can you tolerate a tanking team? Sure, because you understand it's all about the long-term goal of winning titles. But it's not fun to watch. And I find it really hard to believe from a franchise that has won 5 titles in the last 15 years and has had one of the best players in the history of the league anchor that team for so long that you're "pretty damn happy" to support this current Lakers squad. That's ********.

bucketss
02-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Kobe is a straight baller.

:laugh:

Leftcoast_yg
02-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah im a happy laker fan too. Keep the Tank rolling. Fan of the Lakers 82-0 or 0-82

Duncan = Donkey
02-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Who do you Laker fans want in the draft?

Hawkeye15
02-11-2014, 12:42 AM

not sure that is the right term. But yeah, do we really need this many Kobe threads?

Hawkeye15
02-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Meh... Sorry, I don't buy that. I'm a diehard fan of a franchise that has one a single ****ing playoff series in damn near two decades, and I could hardly say I was ever "pretty damn happy" when the Rockets were at the bottom of the standings. Can you tolerate a tanking team? Sure, because you understand it's all about the long-term goal of winning titles. But it's not fun to watch. And I find it really hard to believe from a franchise that has won 5 titles in the last 15 years and has had one of the best players in the history of the league anchor that team for so long that you're "pretty damn happy" to support this current Lakers squad. That's ********.

to be fair, Morey was tasked with making the team relevant even in the face of losing. The Rockets have never been in tank mode. You have no perspective on what that means.

mightybosstone
02-11-2014, 01:00 AM
to be fair, Morey was tasked with making the team relevant even in the face of losing. The Rockets have never been in tank mode. You have no perspective on what that means.

No. I do. It's just been a long time. People forget there was one awful season between Hakeem leaving Houston and Yao's arrival where the Rockets went 28-54 in 2001-02. Granted, they lucked out in getting Yao and were pretty much respectable as soon as Yao came into the league, but they certainly seemed to be in tank mode that year.

Also, I'd almost rather Houston have tanked for some of those years in the late 2000s than be in no-man's land. The front office did a horrible job building around Yao and Tracy until Morey got here, and by then it was too late. Morey obviously had a plan, and it worked out, but for a while there, I think everyone in Houston just wanted to go into full-on tank mode.

Also, believe me when I say that Houston fans are more familiar with "tank mode" than any fans in the country right now. Just look at the Astros if you don't believe me. That franchise is the epitome of intentional tanking.

nickdymez
02-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Usual haters. Close this thread.

P&GRealist
02-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Ok, this is great and all, but doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a rapist who wanted to force his ding ding in an innocent white girls boom boom and that LeBron, Durant and T-Mac are all better than him.

Oh, and he snitched on and ran Shaq out of town too. Can't forget that.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Meh... Sorry, I don't buy that. I'm a diehard fan of a franchise that has one a single ****ing playoff series in damn near two decades, and I could hardly say I was ever "pretty damn happy" when the Rockets were at the bottom of the standings. Can you tolerate a tanking team? Sure, because you under stand it's all about the long-term goal of winning titles. But it's not fun to watch. And I find it really hard to believe from a franchise that has won 5 titles in the last 15 years and has had one of the best players in the history of the league anchor that team for so long that you're "pretty damn happy" to support this current Lakers squad. That's ********.

You either want to make the playoffs or totally suck. I was rooting for them to win at the beginning of the year and they were not that bad. Then everyone got hurt and they went down hill from there. Now, I actually get upset when they win. They are not tanking. All their best players are hurt and they don't have any talent now.
The same reason you wanted the Rockets to suck is the same reason we want to suck.

Also, the Lakers winning 5 times in 10 years is why Lakers fans can't tolerate and accept a horrible season. Nobody in any sport avoids a couple down years. It's just our turn

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Laker fanfans have nothing else to be happy about this year, maybe this video is one positive this season?

Why is it if a Lakers fan said "Suns fans have nothing to be happy about.....ever, maybe this cute little run is something to be happy about" we would be considered dueches. But far too many fans think it's open season the one down year they have per decade.

Hawkeye15
02-11-2014, 02:03 AM
No. I do. It's just been a long time. People forget there was one awful season between Hakeem leaving Houston and Yao's arrival where the Rockets went 28-54 in 2001-02. Granted, they lucked out in getting Yao and were pretty much respectable as soon as Yao came into the league, but they certainly seemed to be in tank mode that year.

Thats what I mean. I am a Wolves fan. You can't possibly share my misery haha.

Also, I'd almost rather Houston have tanked for some of those years in the late 2000s than be in no-man's land. The front office did a horrible job building around Yao and Tracy until Morey got here, and by then it was too late. Morey obviously had a plan, and it worked out, but for a while there, I think everyone in Houston just wanted to go into full-on tank mode.

Morey was not given that directive. He was supposed to build a contender while being competitive, which is nearly impossible.

Also, believe me when I say that Houston fans are more familiar with "tank mode" than any fans in the country right now. Just look at the Astros if you don't believe me. That franchise is the epitome of intentional tanking.

How on earth do Rockets fans have anything to do with Jeff's rebuild of the Stro's? Baseball is an easy tank session. You suck the worst, you get the #1 pick. You are also not a Texans fan, I am, but please dude, the Rox haven't been a tanker outside MAYBE a year or two a LONGGGGGGGG time ago.

Hawkeye15
02-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Usual haters. Close this thread.

serious question. Do you have anything at all to add to a discussion when your hero isn't painted in the same light you view him?

You are literally the most biased poster I have come across, that doesn't expunge himself from the site immediately. You do realize Kobe isn't a god, right?

Duncan = Donkey
02-11-2014, 02:16 AM
Why is it if a Lakers fan said "Suns fans have nothing to be happy about.....ever, maybe this cute little run is something to be happy about" we would be considered dueches. But far too many fans think it's open season the one down year they have per decade.

What do you mean "if". Laker fans say stuff like "suns will never win a ring" all the time.

The reason is though, Laker fans come off as extremely arrogant.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-11-2014, 02:37 AM
What do you mean "if". Laker fans say stuff like "suns will never win a ring" all the time.

The reason is though, Laker fans come off as extremely arrogant.

There are some bad fans. But I find it better to address those people at their own level rather than make a broad statement without any provoking from anyone in this thread. Otherwise it makes you look as bad as those bad Lakers fans. Making broad generalizations due to a few bad encounters with probably less the 1% of any particular group is never a good idea.

I always wonder though. Was there bad Lakers fans first and that is why people hate them? Or did people not like the Lakers success and jump on them any chance they got, prompting Lakers fans to get defensive.

From my experience, it's the latter. I came here to be friends with everyone but was immediately attacked because I had Lakers in my name.

Hawkeye15
02-11-2014, 02:39 AM
There are some bad fans. But I find it better to address those people at their own level rather than make a broad statement without any provoking from anyone in this thread. Otherwise it makes you look as bad as those bad Lakers fans. Making broad generalizations due to a few bad encounters with probably less the 1% of any particular group is never a good idea. But this country was built off that methodology so I guess I can't fault you for being like your ancestors.

I always wonder though. Was their bad Lakers fans first and that is why people hate them? Or did people not like the Lakers success and jump on them prompting Lakers fans to get defensive.

From my experience, it's the latter. I came here to be friends with everyone but was immediately attacked because I had Lakers in my name.

touche, but your posting style defines you. You aren't a huge homer man. You are pretty rational

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-11-2014, 02:45 AM
touche, but your posting style defines you. You aren't a huge homer man. You are pretty rational

Thanks you. There are some bad Laker posters. I just assume they are young. I hope they grow out of it. I just ignore them till then.

mightybosstone
02-11-2014, 02:47 AM
You either want to make the playoffs or totally suck. I was rooting for them to win at the beginning of the year and they were not that bad. Then everyone got hurt and they went down hill from there. Now, I actually get upset when they win. They are not tanking. All their best players are hurt and they don't have any talent now.
The same reason you wanted the Rockets to suck is the same reason we want to suck.

Also, the Lakers winning 5 times in 10 years is why Lakers fans can't tolerate and accept a horrible season. Nobody in any sport avoids a couple down years. It's just our turn
Yeah, but it's one thing to say you tolerate it or understand it. You say you're "pretty damn happy" about a solid playoff run or a team making the playoffs for the first time in years. For the Lakers fan, anything short of the Finals should not bring up the phrase "pretty damn happy."

Thats what I mean. I am a Wolves fan. You can't possibly share my misery haha.
Oh, I'm not trying to compare the Rockets to the Wolves. I'm trying to compare them to the Lakers. There are few franchises one could compare to the Wolves and be more depressed by.

Morey was not given that directive. He was supposed to build a contender while being competitive, which is nearly impossible.
Les Alexander would have gone with it either way, because I think he trusts Morey's judgment. I think it was Morey who wanted to go this route. Also, I don't think he ever anticipated some of the teams he put together to play as well as they did. Hell, after the Yao Ming era, the best Rocket for several seasons was Kevin freaking Martin. Adelman made them just good enough to be the perennial 9th seed, which was a nightmare as a fan. But Morey was too damn good at drafting and acquiring quality assets to tank. You put that Yao/McGrady contract nightmare into the hands of almost any other GM in the league, and that franchise is drafting in the top 5 for probably multiple years in a row.

How on earth do Rockets fans have anything to do with Jeff's rebuild of the Stro's? Baseball is an easy tank session. You suck the worst, you get the #1 pick. You are also not a Texans fan, I am, but please dude, the Rox haven't been a tanker outside MAYBE a year or two a LONGGGGGGGG time ago.
Well... Most Rockets fans are also Astros fans. It's not like I'm making a huge stretch. I'm just saying that Houston fans right now are all too familiar with tanking right now. And Lunhow's rebuild is obviously completely different than what the Lakers are going through, but I actually think it's a much, much, much harder thing to endure in baseball than in basketball. In basketball, you just need to hit the lottery once to find a building block for a solid roster. In baseball, you have to do it multiple times over several years and then hope those guys don't bust 3-5 years later. The Astros may have the best farm system in baseball right now, but you think that makes watching Astros games any easier? I think I've watched only 5-10 whole Astros games the last two seasons combined. It's ****ing torture.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah, but it's one thing to say you tolerate it or understand it. You say you're "pretty damn happy" about a solid playoff run or a team making the playoffs for the first time in years. For the Lakers fan, anything short of the Finals should not bring up the phrase "pretty damn happy"

Well to be fair to Lakers + Horriblebaseballteam, he had wanted to tank from the beginning of the year. I don't even think he wanted to get the 8th seed. So he may just be pretty damn happy.

But in general you are right, nobody wants see their team at the bottom of the standings. But with the way the league is designed you are much happier to be last over 9th. But im not happy about it. I accept it

tredigs
02-11-2014, 03:09 AM
To stay on track, the vid was so over the top with its admiration it came off a little cheesy, but it was solid and I don't mind a little Kobe nostalgia while he's out injured and on his waning legs.

And it had portions of one of my favorite quotes, “When we long for life without difficulty,
remind us that oaks grow strong under contrary winds
and diamonds are made under pressure.”

― Peter Marshall

jaydubb
02-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Yeah, but it's one thing to say you tolerate it or understand it. You say you're "pretty damn happy" about a solid playoff run or a team making the playoffs for the first time in years. For the Lakers fan, anything short of the Finals should not bring up the phrase "pretty damn happy"

Well to be fair to Lakers + Horriblebaseballteam, he had wanted to tank from the beginning of the year. I don't even think he wanted to get the 8th seed. So he may just be pretty damn happy.

But in general you are right, nobody wants see their team at the bottom of the standings. But with the way the league is designed you are much happier to be last over 9th. But im not happy about it. I accept it

Aaah.. I see wat ya did there.. :cheers:

I was the same way at the beginning of the year, I hated all the tank talk at first but then the injuries came and kobe stayed out and Pau and Nash are crippled and they kept dantoni at coach, I know lakers are going nowhere this year which sucks, but I'm fine with it for the sake of a better draft pick. I would rather the lakers add chips then draft picks personally but let's face it, lakers ain't getting a chip this year we all know that. For that reason I'd rather lakers lose more to get a better pick then to barely miss the playoffs and get a mid round pick..

Lakers + Giants
02-11-2014, 04:44 AM

Yup. I actually wanted to tank since the year started, as soon as D12 left, tbh.

Btw, Giants>Dodgers :p

Like, I said, I actually am pretty stoked to be getting a lottery pick, since I knew we were going to be 8th seed at best. Might as well get a great pick instead of being bounced out right away like last year. Some of you guys don't believe me, meh, IDC. I know I wanted to tank all along.

It's not like I want the same thing after this year.

TDE
02-11-2014, 07:17 AM
To stay on track, the vid was so over the top with its admiration it came off a little cheesy, but it was solid and I don't mind a little Kobe nostalgia while he's out injured and on his waning legs.

And it had portions of one of my favorite quotes, “When we long for life without difficulty,
remind us that oaks grow strong under contrary winds
and diamonds are made under pressure.”

― Peter Marshall

Thanks for staying on topic, that's all I was doing, wasn't trying to bait Duncan=Donkey or bucketss or anyone who's anti Kobe

TDE
02-11-2014, 07:21 AM
There are some bad fans. But I find it better to address those people at their own level rather than make a broad statement without any provoking from anyone in this thread. Otherwise it makes you look as bad as those bad Lakers fans. Making broad generalizations due to a few bad encounters with probably less the 1% of any particular group is never a good idea.

I always wonder though. Was there bad Lakers fans first and that is why people hate them? Or did people not like the Lakers success and jump on them any chance they got, prompting Lakers fans to get defensive.

Seriously! well put.