PDA

View Full Version : It's time to apologize to Jason Kidd.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Y'all were out here in December, talking that ish. Talking how the Nets should have kept Lawrence Frank, how he was the brains, how the Nets choked in letting Denver take PSD's favorite flavor of the month coach, [b/c he was tutored by Phil]Brian Shaw.

Fast forward to 2014, both records w/ both coaches.

Nuggets 24-25
Nets 23-26

most notable losses

Nuggets - McGee, Gallo, Nate
Nets - Lopez

The Nets have Casper the friendly PG coming off the bench playing like a bum. The Nuggets have Ty Lawson, one of the leaders in the league in double-doubles at PG. The Nets are living Livingston running and playing the point.

The Nuggets have Evan Fournier, Randy Foye, had Nate Robinson in their backcourt, the Nets have Alan Anderson.

The Nuggets bigs, Faried, Hickson, Mozgov! The Nets KG at 38 playing like 40, Paul Pierce, playing like 40. Blatche, Mirza and AK47. Mirza and Blatche the only ones that really can fill up a stat sheet.

The SF for the Nets, Joe Johnson. SF for Nuggets Wilson Chandler, Quincy Miller.

Jason Kidd minus this crap...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hz4pvq.gif

And the horrid team put together by his GM. Has turned this into a competitive roster, minus his biggest post threat in Brooke Lopez. Apologize to that fool now.:rolleyes:

Now the Nets ain't winning ish this year. And their roster is severely flawed, but w/ that roster, what Kidd is doing w/ the limitations on that roster. You owe the man an apology. What would you trade for on that roster to be on yours? Apologize. You know who you are, don't make me search the thread and write names.

bucketss
02-10-2014, 02:05 AM
nets still suck

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:06 AM
nets still suck

Exactly. But Kidd is making a team that sucks look good. :laugh2:

tredigs
02-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Are they letting him run time outs yet?

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:22 AM

you know what's funny, Peter Vecsey started that little rumor. He went onto WFAN w/ Mark Malusis and started spewing how Kidd was the worst this and that, how Kidd wasn't drawing plays in timeouts, how he doesn't know how to organize a practice, how they don't run an offense, how he doesn't know what a blackboard was, his exact words were "blackboard crap, what's this blackboard crap" insinuating that's what Kidd saids at his practices. And how he should be fired. Peter Vecsey all the sudden ain't saying nothing. Where is he? can someone find Peter now? Or Woj? Even they can't talk ish anymore.

Aust
02-10-2014, 02:22 AM
He's still their coach? I thought he got fired

mrblisterdundee
02-10-2014, 02:23 AM
I never really blamed Jason Kidd. The Nets were put together on the fly and led by a point guard who's missed a third of the season and is slumping from his historic talent level and a talented 7-foot center who can't stay healthy or rebound more than a small forward. Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce were good additions because of their chemistry and leadership, but this team was never very well put together.

John Walls Era
02-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Kidd will be a good coach, its just too bad he got put into a situation where he has to win now. Once he gets to develop young players, he will show how great he can be.

jmoney85
02-10-2014, 02:26 AM
he found the magic in mirza that 2 previous coaches never let play

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Kidd will be a good coach, its just too bad he got put into a situation where he has to win now. Once he gets to develop young players, he will show how great he can be.

he's already developing Plumlee. IDK what other young players the Nets have.

But simply put, I'm a Knicks fan. And I wouldn't take the Nets roster if my life depended on it. My team is out of the playoffs currently in yellow alert. But I'd never want to switch rosters w/ them. And that tells me how good a job Jason Kidd has actually done. We're all NBA fans, and I can truly say not one of us would switch their roster w/ it's current state w/ our current team. Not a Bulls fan, Not a Magic, Not a Celtic..Not even the Bucks or Pistons or Bobcats etc. would trade their roster situation for the Nets.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Y'all were out here in December, talking that ish. Talking how the Nets should have kept Lawrence Frank, how he was the brains, how the Nets choked in letting Denver take PSD's favorite flavor of the month coach, [b/c he was tutored by Phil]Brian Shaw.

Nuggets 24-25
Nets 23-26

most notable losses

Nets - Lopez

The Nets have Casper the friendly PG coming off the bench playing like a bum. The Nuggets have Ty Lawson, one of the leaders in the league in double-doubles at PG. The Nets are living Livingston running and playing the point.

The Nuggets have Evan Fournier, Randy Foye, had Nate Robinson in their backcourt, the Nets have Alan Anderson.

The Nuggets bigs, Faried, Hickson, Mozgov! The Nets KG at 38 playing like 40, Paul Pierce, playing like 40. Blatche, Mirza and AK47. Mirza and Blatche the only ones that really can fill up a stat sheet.

The SF for the Nets, Joe Johnson. SF for Nuggets Wilson Chandler, Quincy Miller.

And the horrid team put together by his GM. Has turned this into a competitive roster, minus his biggest post threat in Brooke Lopez. Apologize to that fool now.:rolleyes:

Now the Nets ain't winning ish this year. And their roster is severely flawed, but w/ that roster, what Kidd is doing w/ the limitations on that roster. You owe the man an apology. What would you trade for on that roster to be on yours? Apologize. You know who you are, don't make me search the thread and write names.

Do we know if Frank is writing reports, and if Kidd is reading them?

Whether or not, Frank's got a really good job. $20 G a week until his lawyer gets him out of his contract, if that is still what Frank wants.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 02:37 AM
nets still suck

NBA life can be so cruel.

But right now, they are a playoff team.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:38 AM
Do we know if Frank is writing reports, and if Kidd is reading them?

Whether or not, Frank's got a really good job. $20 G a week until his lawyer gets him out of his contract, if that is still what Frank wants.

Frank was actually sabotaging him to take his job. That is now a fact and known in the NBA.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 02:40 AM
he's already developing Plumlee. IDK what other young players the Nets have.

But simply put, I'm a Knicks fan. And I wouldn't take the Nets roster if my life depended on it. My team is out of the playoffs currently in yellow alert. But I'd never want to switch rosters w/ them. And that tells me how good a job Jason Kidd has actually done. We're all NBA fans, and I can truly say not one of us would switch their roster w/ it's current state w/ our current team. Not a Bulls fan, Not a Magic, Not a Celtic..Not even the Bucks or Pistons or Bobcats etc. would trade their roster situation for the Nets.

He REALLY doesn't seem to be getting through to Blatche.

An honestly, I didn't like the way Toko and Tyshawn were treated.

But that's just me.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:44 AM
He REALLY doesn't seem to be getting through to Blatche.

An honestly, I didn't like the way Toko and Tyshawn were treated.

But that's just me.

Andray is matching his best season under Kidd.

Toko's a bum. Tyshawn isn't in the NBA anymore.

BHF
02-10-2014, 02:45 AM
From watching almost all Nets games this season i think their problem is the bench. They have 3 players in Blatche/Anderson/Livingston who are all me first and look for their shot even force a shots just to get their point. They only pass when they absolutely have to terrible terrible team players.

tredigs
02-10-2014, 02:45 AM

I didn't even know that was a thing, I generally don't read about them. I just remember watching him in games and he literally wasn't coaching the timeouts.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 03:12 AM
From watching almost all Nets games this season i think their problem is the bench. They have 3 players in Blatche/Anderson/Livingston who are all me first and look for their shot even force a shots just to get their point. They only pass when they absolutely have to terrible terrible team players.

You included Shaun Livingston, 'chucker extraordinaire', on that list???????

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 03:13 AM
not really. A $180 million dollar team with so many names can barely play .500 basketball in the weak *** east.

He was the wrong pick. The Nets are a sinking ship, and they can blame themselves. Sorry to be so harsh, but even the most avid Nets fan knows they can't contend in the next few years at all. And that is what their payroll suggests they should be doing.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 03:22 AM
not really. A $180 million dollar team with so many names can barely play .500 basketball in the weak *** east.

He was the wrong pick. The Nets are a sinking ship, and they can blame themselves. Sorry to be so harsh, but even the most avid Nets fan knows they can't contend in the next few years at all. And that is what their payroll suggests they should be doing.

Did you read my post @hawkeye15?

I didn't say they winning anything. Infact my words were "they won't win ish" I said how Jason Kidd took a roster of horrid talent and limited players, assembled by Billy King, how he took this roster and knowing 28 teams in the NBA would never trade their roster for this one. Jason Kidd has done a good job. Kidd was the right pick, b/c Brian Shaw is the other pick, and judging how bad the Nuggets are w/ a better roster, Jason Kidd deserves props.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 03:30 AM
Did you read my post @hawkeye15?

I didn't say they winning anything. Infact my words were "they won't win ish" I said how Jason Kidd took a roster of horrid talent and limited players, assembled by Billy King, how he took this roster and knowing 28 teams in the NBA would never trade their roster for this one. Jason Kidd has done a good job. Kidd was the right pick, b/c Brian Shaw is the other pick, and judging how bad the Nuggets are w/ a better roster, Jason Kidd deserves props.

he deserves props for what? The biggest problem is, any coach that was hired was set up for failure. Kidd will eventually be a good coach I believe, but he took a job that was the titanic.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 03:31 AM
not a shot at Kidd, but nobody was the right pick. The Owner/GM put together a tired, old roster making way too much money, and expected way too much. Any coach they picked was going to fail.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 03:31 AM
he deserves props for what? The biggest problem is, any coach that was hired was set up for failure. Kidd will eventually be a good coach I believe, but he took a job that was the titanic.

But you're proving that he is a good coach. B/c he hasn't failed. :laugh2:

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 03:34 AM

My friend, I was a Net fan when Barry was forced to go back to the NBA

I was a Net fan when Ladner died.

I was a Net fan when Nets sold Julius.

I was a Net fan when Nets traded Bernard King.

I was a Net fan when Larry Brown betrayed his young team

I was a Net fan when Micheal Ray was banned from the league.

I was a Net fan when Nets drafted Kenny Anderson over Deke.

Do you think I'm surprised by any ridiculous move any Nets ownership makes.

This is the Nets team, and the Nets fans can criticize management's decisions, yet support our team.

As I've said before, life in the NBA (for teams and it's fans) can be cruel. But we still root for our team, and we still hope for the best.

P.S..........My 'I was a Net fan when' could have gone on for much more thread space.

effen5
02-10-2014, 03:34 AM
Apologize for what, the Nets still blow. He still hasn't reached Nets fans expectations from what they had pre-season so no, he doesn't deserve an apology.

tredigs
02-10-2014, 03:39 AM
A team that was projected to be a contender is 3 games under .500 going into the ASB. They went 11-3 in January, which is great. But they're still the failures of the year given the aspirations.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 03:41 AM
But you're proving that he is a good coach. B/c he hasn't failed. :laugh2:

how so? How has Kidd not failed? His job was to lead a paper juggernaut to compete with Miami and Indiana, something even Phil or Pops couldn't do.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 03:42 AM
My friend, I was a Net fan when Barry was forced to go back to the NBA

I was a Net fan when Ladner died.

I was a Net fan when Nets sold Julius.

I was a Net fan when Nets traded Bernard King.

I was a Net fan when Larry Brown betrayed his young team

I was a Net fan when Micheal Ray was banned from the league.

I was a Net fan when Nets drafted Kenny Anderson over Deke.

Do you think I'm surprised by any ridiculous move any Nets ownership makes.

This is the Nets team, and the Nets fans can criticize management's decisions, yet support our team.

As I've said before, life in the NBA (for teams and it's fans) can be cruel. But we still root for our team, and we still hope for the best.

P.S..........My 'I was a Net fan when' could have gone on for much more thread space.

I am a Wolves fan, looking forward to the exponential years of stating, "I am a Wolves fan", because of pure failure. I hear you dude.

effen5
02-10-2014, 03:44 AM
how so? How has Kidd not failed? His job was to lead a paper juggernaut to compete with Miami and Indiana, something even Phil or Pops couldn't do.

Those were Net's fans expectations. I think most people thought the Nets team was going to fail regardless.

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Kidd has 3 future HOFs on his team and he still can't them over .500.

They are doing a better job as of late but if they can't get at least HMA through out playoffs in the weak East, then they have "failed".

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 03:51 AM

They are doing a better job as of late but if they can't get at least HMA through out playoffs in the weak East, then they have "failed".

What HOF player you see in their prime playing for him? Com'on man you serious w/ this? quick what's the difference w/ Goran Dragic and Steve Nash right now.

effen5
02-10-2014, 03:56 AM
All I'm saying is that Net fans had outrageous expectations this year and kept throwing it in the NBA Forum. Most of us are not shocked by how the Nets have been playing this year.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 04:03 AM
All I'm saying is that Net fans had outrageous expectations this year and kept throwing it in the NBA Forum. Most of us are not shocked by how the Nets have been playing this year.

Including some Net fans.

And some Net fans are surprised by how well the Nets have been playing since Lopez's injury, especially in 2014.

It's all a matter of perspective.

No one expected Suns to be playing this well with two Pacer rejects and Bledsoe injured.

And almost all Knick fans figured this years team to be better than last years.

Welcome to the NBA

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Those were Net's fans expectations. I think most people thought the Nets team was going to fail regardless.

to be fair, almost every site on earth put them top 3 in the east, with lots of wins, but yes, said they would fail eventually.

Hawkeye15
02-10-2014, 04:13 AM

Nets fans? How bout their owner? The Nets are screwed for the next few years. They went all in on a 70 year old roster with a center who can't stay healthy and a PG whose dominance ended 3 years ago.

I figured they won 45 games before the season. The worst part for them is, things will only get worse in the next 2 years before they get better.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 04:26 AM
Nets fans? How bout their owner? The Nets are screwed for the next few years. They went all in on a 70 year old roster with a center who can't stay healthy and a PG whose dominance ended 3 years ago.

I figured they won 45 games before the season. The worst part for them is, things will only get worse in the next 2 years before they get better.

Don't underestimate Plum-Loco, Marquis Teague (?), nor the mysterious goings on of the NBA.

For reference, watch the movie 'Synecdoche, New York'

effen5
02-10-2014, 05:30 AM
Don't underestimate Plum-Loco, Marquis Teague (?), nor the mysterious goings on of the NBA.

For reference, watch the movie 'Synecdoche, New York'

I've seen enough of Marquis Teague as a Bull to know he is going to be terrible in this league.

blahblahyoutoo
02-10-2014, 12:53 PM

no, most pro nba analysts had them 3rd or 4th in the east, as did many here.
i was not one of those because i saw how badly kg and pierce sucked last playoffs.

ManRam
02-10-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry Jason Kid.

Feel better, OP?

blahblahyoutoo
02-10-2014, 12:55 PM

2 of them were past their prime last season. who's the 3rd HOF??

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 12:57 PM

But exactly. You're arguing how the GM created this team. We're not talking about the GM. We're talking about the coach, what he has spun this 70 yr. old roster into. KG doesn't play back to back, Casper Williams is a bum at the PG spot, AA is garbage, JET is trash, Pierce is mediocre at best at the PF spot, that roster is in the playoffs picture and equaling a record the wonder wiz Brian Shaw's roster has.

So it's time to give him his props. Kidd doesn't have a Hixon, he doesn't have a Mozgov, he doesn't have 1 top 10 player on his roster. And yet it's in playoff contention.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry Jason Kid.

Feel better, OP?

Yes. :cool:

JEDean89
02-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Jason Kidd is going to be a stud coach in the nba but no one thinks that he is doing some marvelous job taking a 100 million dollar team in the worst conference/division in for ever to a sub .500 record. i mean come on, you think atl and chicago don't have major injuries too? does making the playoffs with a sub .500 record after talking chips in the offseason mean we should jump on his d? no. i get that the nba over reacted to his start to the season but this guy hasn't done jack **** to earn praise yet. new york basketball is a joke this year, cept syracuse.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Exactly. But Kidd is making a team that sucks look good. :laugh2:

wait a minute...at the start of the season, nets had a really good team(champ material) but the performance sucked. Now they have a sucky team (really?) as you were saying but the team is playing better.

Does that even make sense?

Phenom1
02-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Yea except the nuggets are in the West and the Nets are in the weak East. Shaw>Kidd. at least for now. But to be fair, Nets roster is a mess.

king4day
02-10-2014, 04:38 PM
I felt a lot had to do with slowing it down to more of a half court style and letting KG play center.
I don't watch enough of them to really know though.

OP: What's the significance of your sig? Or is there none and it's just Kay throwing out a coke bottle?

freejimmer
02-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't need to apologize because I always believed in Kidd's ability and still do.

Great basketball mind.

BHF
02-10-2014, 08:23 PM
You included Shaun Livingston, 'chucker extraordinaire', on that list???????

no not a chucker but he looks for his own shot and doesn't really like to pass not a team player.

JJ_JKidd
02-12-2014, 02:38 AM

Nuggets 24-25
Nets 23-26

most notable losses

Nets - Lopez

Too early. Kidd's coaching career can only be called a success once he leads the Nets to the Championship.

JordansBulls
02-12-2014, 02:39 PM
nets still suck

True, but at least they would be better in the playoffs.

JEDean89
02-12-2014, 07:33 PM
wait a minute...at the start of the season, nets had a really good team(champ material) but the performance sucked. Now they have a sucky team (really?) as you were saying but the team is playing better.

Does that even make sense?

op is an idiot, no one thinks J-Kidd is even remotely close to COY candidate. Jeff Hornacek is the guy we should be talking about not a guy who averages 1 win for every 10 mil spent.

torocan
02-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Meh.

I always thought that Kidd would turn out to be at least a decent coach. The guy is just too basketball savvy to not turn out well if he was given the chance.

As noted above, he's just been put in a crazy situation. Sky high expectations, massive underperformance by multiple players, and dealing with injuries to key players and a new roster. Toss in the coaching drama and it's not surprising that a lot of folks were over-reacting to the Nets.

The Nets should make the play offs (it's the East). If Kidd makes that work, then it's hard to be too hard on the guy.

As for the future, assuming he keeps coaching teams I can see him becoming a good coach in the coming years. The guy just knows basketball.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Andray is matching his best season under Kidd.

Toko's a bum. Tyshawn isn't in the NBA anymore.

Of course, I'm in the habit of letting Knick fans think they know what they are talking about, and will influence my views of the Nets and the NBA.