PDA

View Full Version : I'll tell you why Cousins isn't an all-star...

freejimmer
02-10-2014, 12:21 AM
1. Terrible, lazy defender. Routinely out of place and routinely burned. Last two games alone, Sullinger and Nene/Gortat have punked him on both ends.Then, he has the audacity to look at his teammates in disgust as if they are the reason he is slow, lazy, and apathetic defensively.

2. Bad teammate. Routinely blames his teammates for his OWN mistakes. Just tonight, he was heard loud and clear cursing out Carl Landry in front of everyone on the court. You just don't show such disrespect like that to your teammates when you, yourself, are a lazy, hypocritical numb nuts. He freezes out players he doesn't like and defers to his best little friends on the team.

3. This may be the most important and direct reason...he's a loser. He puts up empty stats on one of the worse teams in this league. How many times is the game well out of hand, yet Cousins is still in there padding those stats? NIGHTLY. Cousins will make damn sure that box score is impressive, no matter how meaningless it is.

He is FOOLS gold.

bucketss
02-10-2014, 12:26 AM
hes a beast.

beasted86
02-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Agreed on all counts.

He's a terrible leader... won't ever lead any team anywhere. And he's also in my opinion incapable of playing a secondary role on a championship team. You think he could go from #1 to a secondary role like Gasol did for the Lakers or Bosh does for the HEAT? No way. He doesn't play a winning brand of basketball.

JEDean89
02-10-2014, 12:56 AM
the kings needed to get some better leaders to put around him. the juwan howard's of the nba should be there to be a role model. he shouldn't be the leader of this team, he's 22, the kings have done an awful job putting the right people around him. i think every young team should have 2-3 vets whose only job is to mentor the young guys and set examples.

John Walls Era
02-10-2014, 12:59 AM
I agree with some of this but hes an all star talent with superstar potential.

JLynn943
02-10-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm not going to argue with you on some of these, but Cousins generally isn't out there stat padding when we're being blown out (and it certainly doesn't happen enough for you to claim it as being nightly). Cousins usually keeps us in games or gets us back in them - it's when he's out and the bench is playing that we often get burned.

bucketss
02-10-2014, 01:44 AM
this post won't get jimmer anymore p/t

JLynn943
02-10-2014, 01:46 AM

Nonsense. Kings should be playing Jimmer at center.

sacgiants1213
02-10-2014, 01:52 AM
I think 17-34 is the reason CUZ isn't an all star.

numba1CHANGsta
02-10-2014, 02:04 AM
the dude averages 20/10, idc about his attitude, look at Rodman/Artest/Sheed all championship winners. Cousins just need a new place, the Kings are horrible

kobe4thewinbang
02-10-2014, 03:07 AM
He's still got a lot to learn and his apathy may never be solved, but he is still a beast with mountainous potential.

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 03:49 AM
I think 17-34 is the reason CUZ isn't an all star.

That didn't seem to affect Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving...

Kings Faithful
02-10-2014, 03:53 AM
the dude averages 20/10, idc about his attitude, look at Rodman/Artest/Sheed all championship winners. Cousins just need a new place, the Kings are horrible

Your right...also instead of rebuilding with him, the Thunder should have just gotten rid of Kevin Durant so he could really fulfill his potential on another team..since OKC was terrible and a small market.

Seriously though... the Kings are turning it around. Even with a bad record, they are hugely improved over previous seasons. This isn't the hopeless Kings team from a few years ago. Give our new Front Office some time to get Cousins some help.

Kyben36
02-10-2014, 04:25 AM
1. Terrible, lazy defender. Routinely out of place and routinely burned. Last two games alone, Sullinger and Nene/Gortat have punked him on both ends.Then, he has the audacity to look at his teammates in disgust as if they are the reason he is slow, lazy, and apathetic defensively.

2. Bad teammate. Routinely blames his teammates for his OWN mistakes. Just tonight, he was heard loud and clear cursing out Carl Landry in front of everyone on the court. You just don't show such disrespect like that to your teammates when you, yourself, are a lazy, hypocritical numb nuts. He freezes out players he doesn't like and defers to his best little friends on the team.

3. This may be the most important and direct reason...he's a loser. He puts up empty stats on one of the worse teams in this league. How many times is the game well out of hand, yet Cousins is still in there padding those stats? NIGHTLY. Cousins will make damn sure that box score is impressive, no matter how meaningless it is.

He is FOOLS gold.

1) he wanst known as a defender and surely hasnt had the coaching to teach him to be one. a few names i would like to point out to you, Kevin Love isnt a good defender, Chris Bosh isnt a good defender, James harden is one of if not the worst defender in the league. Players dont go to allstar games for defense Sorry LOL. not a valid reason not to be an allstar

2) he is trying to will his team and lead, something that teams lacks, he is maturing, im sorry, but its not as if i have any respect for carl landry. and neither should he. LOL that team has nobody on it to step up and be the man, hell, i doubt the coach would even do so

3) empty stats on a loosing team, how many of those have we had, Kevin love, alstar starter, its arguable that since he is one of the only options it would be harder for him to put up points,

none of your 3 reasons make any sense, Cousins is a Beast and the best Center in the NBA right now,

hyphy king 88
02-10-2014, 04:34 AM
1) he wanst known as a defender and surely hasnt had the coaching to teach him to be one. a few names i would like to point out to you, Kevin Love isnt a good defender, Chris Bosh isnt a good defender, James harden is one of if not the worst defender in the league. Players dont go to allstar games for defense Sorry LOL. not a valid reason not to be an allstar

2) he is trying to will his team and lead, something that teams lacks, he is maturing, im sorry, but its not as if i have any respect for carl landry. and neither should he. LOL that team has nobody on it to step up and be the man, hell, i doubt the coach would even do so

3) empty stats on a loosing team, how many of those have we had, Kevin love, alstar starter, its arguable that since he is one of the only options it would be harder for him to put up points,

none of your 3 reasons make any sense, Cousins is a Beast and the best Center in the NBA right now,

I totally agree with this post. One thing tho is that I love Cuz but I wish he would just chill and not get angry so much that it affects his game.

Drummond#1
02-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Poor poor Jimmer. He will never be able to support a polygamist lifestyle if he gets kicked out of the league next year.

Drummond#1
02-10-2014, 04:52 AM
Boogie is a beast who gets very little national attention. You're BFF Jimmery FreDLeague and 100 other players deserve bash threads over DMC.

shep33
02-10-2014, 05:05 AM
So is Love an empty stats player also? I think Love > Boogie but Love has never been on a winning team either.

Sometimes good players play on bad teams.

Cousins has been in a toxic situation since he was drafted. Coaching changes, personnel changes, heck the Maloofs didn't even want them there and by a miracle they stayed in Sacramento. What boggles my mind is that they haven't brought in winning players from other teams or vets to set an example.

He's 23 years old and he's averaging 23 and 12 with 3 assists, 2 steals and over a block a game.

In the east he's easily in the all-star game, out west I can understand the hesitation there with so many great players

John Walls Era
02-10-2014, 05:46 AM
So is Love an empty stats player also? I think Love > Boogie but Love has never been on a winning team either.

Sometimes good players play on bad teams.

Cousins has been in a toxic situation since he was drafted. Coaching changes, personnel changes, heck the Maloofs didn't even want them there and by a miracle they stayed in Sacramento. What boggles my mind is that they haven't brought in winning players from other teams or vets to set an example.

He's 23 years old and he's averaging 23 and 12 with 3 assists, 2 steals and over a block a game.

In the east he's easily in the all-star game, out west I can understand the hesitation there with so many great players

Maybe not an empty stats player. Just a loser.

kingsdelez24
02-10-2014, 08:10 AM
*facepalm* Not this guy again. This jimmer homer won't stop blamong jimmers lack of playing time claiming that "OMG GUISE HE'S GETTING BLACKBALLED BY THE ILLUMINATI"

Literally. This guy has been banned once already for troll posts. Way too much time on his hands

kingsdelez24
02-10-2014, 08:13 AM
This guy literally goes berserk on the kings forum when jimmer scores 6 points in garbage time, claiming he's the best shooter in the world/of all time. Then goes on to complain about the illuminati

PurpleLynch
02-10-2014, 09:30 AM
This guy literally goes berserk on the kings forum when jimmer scores 6 points in garbage time, claiming he's the best shooter in the world/of all time. Then goes on to complain about the illuminati

In fact I wonder if he could be the real Jimmer Fredette.Maybe after a good game he goes to Psd Kings forum and let his dark side do the work.

sep11ie
02-10-2014, 09:46 AM

The Kings have a forum?

2-ONE-5
02-10-2014, 11:21 AM
OP may be right but thats not the reason hes not an all star.

True Sports Fan
02-10-2014, 11:28 AM

The Kings have a forum? **** off.

Anyways, op why isn't Jimmer an all star

SlimKid
02-10-2014, 11:47 AM

:laugh:

Mr.ATLHawks
02-10-2014, 11:50 AM

This.

The ASG is full with lazy defenders. Lamarcus Aldridge needs to be added to that list, Blake Griffin....

They didn't add him because of his reputation and I believe that is the sole reason. The ASG is a popularity contest and, unfortunately for Cousins, he is not very popular. You could make the same argument for Lance Stephenson not getting it over Joe Johnson.

Chrisclover
02-10-2014, 11:54 AM
he still has a lot of potential.Some respectable legends should give him a lesson

Minimal
02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
25.5/13/3/2 per 36 minutes. Ranked 1st in defensive rating on the team with 101, second closest Chuck Hayes with 105.
Cousins is balling, definetely all star, incredible potential, its just his team sux.

Phenom1
02-10-2014, 02:29 PM
His not an All-Star just because of his image. It has absolutely nothing to do with his skills. bigger question is why is kyrie irving in the all-star? hes regressed a lot. I would put Lowry in there

JNA17
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM

Or Kobe Bryant.

Seriously, I love how people now a days bring up TEAM WINS for a damn all star game. :laugh:

Cousins should have gotten in over Dwight Howard.

JNA17
02-10-2014, 02:54 PM
His not an All-Star just because of his image. It has absolutely nothing to do with his skills. bigger question is why is kyrie irving in the all-star? hes regressed a lot. I would put Lowry in there

Well the East is just a joke. Case and point, Joe Johnson...Joe freaking Johnson.

...for his SEVENTH time. Think about that for a second, Joe will be in the all star game FOR THE SEVENTH TIME!

Phenom1
02-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Well the East is just a joke. Case and point, Joe Johnson...Joe freaking Johnson.

...for his SEVENTH time. Think about that for a second, Joe will be in the all star game FOR THE SEVENTH TIME!

Haha I was going to say him too, but I figured everyone already agrees he doesn't belong there. Playing for Brooklyn definitely help him, I think they wanted a player from the Nets bcuz they are marketable and he was their best player.

kingsdelez24
02-10-2014, 03:18 PM
I remember someone here once said

"Joe Johnson is the most anonymous 6 time all star of all time"

Better make it seven

lol, please
02-10-2014, 04:55 PM

He is FOOLS gold.

Because he's on the Kings. /thread

JNA17
02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
I remember someone here once said

"Joe Johnson is the most anonymous 6 time all star of all time"

Better make it seven

He will probably go down as the only player in NBA history to be an all star 7 times and not even be close as an hall of famer.

sacgiants1213
02-10-2014, 07:33 PM

Kyrie Irving was voted in by the fans, and I think a big reason why Davis made it was the game is in NO.

barreleffact
02-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Kyrie Irving was voted in by the fans, and I think a big reason why Davis made it was the game is in NO. He deserved it!

fixed. but For the record. Location helped, BOTH of them should have been in it to begin with, and AD has a better record and is competing for all NBA 1st team as well as DPOY. Will he get either? Probably not.

What kills me though is people bringing up Kobe, Irving, Love and all these guys that got in off fan voting.... Uh fans vote for who they want to see. The Joe Johnson's are the ones that have no business being there. Hell, it's debatable if Dwight should be there.

Edit: I intended to do a strikethrough though "the game is in NO" part

Jamiecballer
02-10-2014, 10:12 PM
He's still got a lot to learn and his apathy may never be solved, but he is still a beast with mountainous potential.

this.