PDA

View Full Version : Hawks look to trade for Green before the deadline is over

Stunner
02-09-2014, 07:10 PM
http://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/432620359733751808 Teams like DeT , Phx , Cha and Memphis should look into him if Boston have been shopping hard .

hugepatsfan
02-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I just hope someone does. I want an expiring so we can make a run at either Greg Monroe or Gordon Hayward with RFA tenders.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I love Jeff Green. Whatever team gets him should be arrested for robbery.

hugepatsfan
02-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Jeff Green mentally isn't more than a 4th or 5th best player. Physically he has the ability to be more but he never will be. If he's asked to be more than a supporting role player he will disappoint.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 07:15 PM

I mean, he's good...but he's not terribly cheap and he's not that good.

I feel like every year we hear similar rumors involving the Hawks and it never happens.

Hopefully the market for Afflalo is similar.

koreancabbage
02-09-2014, 07:17 PM
overrated if people think getting him is highway robbery lol. he's the 3rd or 4th option on a good team.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Pretty good scorer. What are they going to trade for him?

sixer04fan
02-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Jeff Green mentally isn't more than a 4th or 5th best player. Physically he has the ability to be more but he never will be. If he's asked to be more than a supporting role player he will disappoint.

Agreed. Ever since his OKC days it seems like everyone wants him to be this allstar caliber player, and he just isn't there and hasn't put it all together. He certainly has the tools, he's talented/gifted, and he's a good role player, but expecting more from him has always been a stretch.

hugepatsfan
02-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Agreed. Ever since his OKC days it seems like everyone wants him to be this allstar caliber player, and he just isn't there and hasn't put it all together. He certainly has the tools, he's talented/gifted, and he's a good role player, but expecting more from him has always been a stretch.

He showed real flashes of it last year once Doc moved him into the starting lineup but it hasn't translated at all. I had visions of him being a legit 3rd option with a solid all around game.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM

Yeah. Totally agreed. He has a lot of value when filling the right role, but KoB's post really threw me off. We're talking about a very good role player making $9M+ next year...not some underrated star.

I'm very curious what packages are being offered and desired from the respective teams

bigsams50
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
How has he been this year? I wouldn't mind him in Charlotte. Could he start the 4?

Stunner
02-09-2014, 07:57 PM
How has he been this year? I wouldn't mind him in Charlotte. Could he start the 4?

He did in OKC

albertajaysfan
02-09-2014, 08:39 PM
I really think Detroit and Boston should just do a trade centered around Monroe for Green. It just makes so much sense for both teams.

jsthornton7
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
I mean, he's good...but he's not terribly cheap and he's not that good.

I feel like every year we hear similar rumors involving the Hawks and it never happens.

Hopefully the market for Afflalo is similar.

I would much rather have Afflalo than Green.

bigsams50
02-09-2014, 08:43 PM
He did in OKC

True. I forgot about that. I do wonder if he would be a fit next to MKG and Big Al

Burkey3472
02-09-2014, 08:50 PM
The hawks just love being an average team. They are going to end up being the 3-4-5 seed and getting blown out in the 2nd round. Happens every year.

KnicksorBust
02-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Grizz should call Bos. He would be perfect there. Make them contenders for the next 5-7 years.

Blink
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Honestly as a Pistons fan idk what is going on right now.

Monroe is in the same boat as Green. Solid 3rd option but where the value is his potential. Potentially a 2nd option.

Monroe/CV for Green/????/picks?

Sadds The Gr8
02-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Chill...he's not THAT good...

ManRam
02-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Grizz should call Bos. He would be perfect there. Make them contenders for the next 5-7 years.

:laugh:

NYMetros
02-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Jeff Green is a decent player. He'll have some great nights where he goes for 30+, but most nights he'll just float around and do nothing and look uninterested.

mrblisterdundee
02-10-2014, 02:34 AM
How about DeMarre Carroll and Elton brand for Jeff Green?
The Hawks get what they apparently want, and the Celtics get a somewhat talented small forward and a $4 million expiring contract.
If I were Boston, though, I'd be trying to use Green to get Greg Monroe out of Detroit.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 02:50 AM

What about Jeff Green has impressed you.

You don't think an expiring contract or two and at least one (maybe two) 1st rd picks would be a good deal for the Celts?

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 03:52 AM
You should be clear who you are talking about in the thread title...I thought it was Gerald Green for a sec lol.

As for Jeff Green...I think he has always been at his best playing PF. That's what he played with OKC and that's his most production position. Too bad he would be an undersized PF.

jsthornton7
02-10-2014, 04:51 AM
How about DeMarre Carroll and Elton brand for Jeff Green?
The Hawks get what they apparently want, and the Celtics get a somewhat talented small forward and a $4 million expiring contract.
If I were Boston, though, I'd be trying to use Green to get Greg Monroe out of Detroit.

I think that would be a mutually beneficial trade. Monroe is wasted in Detroit.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 05:06 AM

Really?

jsthornton7
02-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Really?

Looking at the basic parts of the deal and that what each team is getting fills an important need, yes. The Celtics need a big like Monroe. Drummond is the obvious choice at C in Detroit and Josh Smith has an awful contract.

Monroe will most likely be moving on in RFA and it would be wise for Detroit to get something of value for him now. I think the Celtics would probably have to give up something else of value along with Green, but yeah it would be beneficial to both teams. Green and Smith would be a good 3-4 combo.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 05:24 AM
Looking at the basic parts of the deal and that what each team is getting fills an important need, yes. The Celtics need a big like Monroe. Drummond is the obvious choice at C in Detroit and Josh Smith has an awful contract.

Monroe will most likely be moving on in RFA and it would be wise for Detroit to get something of value for him now. I think the Celtics would probably have to give up something else of value along with Green, but yeah it would be beneficial to both teams. Green and Smith would be a good 3-4 combo.

You may be right, assuming Detroit is making the trade so as to have a worse record this season, and possibly more

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 05:29 AM

Key problem with your theory. Smith

jsthornton7
02-10-2014, 05:35 AM
I would respond if you actually addressed the points I made. Or you could just continue to make pompous comments.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 05:49 AM
I would respond if you actually addressed the points I made. Or you could just continue to make pompous comments.

Are you talking to me?

bagwell368
02-10-2014, 06:50 AM
He did in OKC

The better/bigger 4's would eat him up in full game samples. The smaller/faster 3's also get over on him. The next time he defends the pick and roll will be the first.

bagwell368
02-10-2014, 06:54 AM
You should be clear who you are talking about in the thread title...I thought it was Gerald Green for a sec lol.

As for Jeff Green...I think he has always been at his best playing PF. That's what he played with OKC and that's his most production position. Too bad he would be an undersized PF.

Your center better be pulling 13 rebounds a night because Green is a weak rebounder at the 4.

bagwell368
02-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Trade:

C's: Rondo, Green, Bradley, '15 Sac #1 or '14 Atl/Nets #1.

P's: Jennings, Monroe, Villenueva, Billups, 2 #1's ('18 and '20 bottom 5 protected)

Pistons like it because Rondo should be able to unlock the offensive potential of his pal Smith and Drummond, they also get rid of the somewhat scattershot Jennings. They get Green who isn't cheap, but allows Smith to go back to 4, and they get to see if Bradly might be worth chasing in the off season. They also get value for Monroe who is leaving one way or another. Save a few bucks on moving Billups, a sentimental favorite due to his part of the last Championship, but he's done.

C's get Monroe whom they can afford to pay and need. C's have to deal with Jennings, but it will take them 2 years to put together a team and they can live with him until then - plus his deal is a lot less than Rondo's next deal. Billups offers a bit of vet leadership off the floor) to make up for Rondo leaving, hopefully he'll retire by the end of camp. Villanueva is a useful expiring. By the time the picks roll around the Pistons of Smith/Rondo may have imploded due to age or personality, and could be very useful.

ManRam
02-10-2014, 10:31 AM

He's a true and true tweener...and often not in a good way. He isn't big enough or strong enough in the post to guard many 4s. He's not active enough or quick enough defensively on the perimeter to guard most 3s effectively. I think he's a guy at this point that you have to be able to be fluid with and be able to let play a bunch of different roles. I think he's an improvement at the 3 over Smith in terms of fit (he's not a better player than Smoove), but I don't think it solves quite all their issues. He's a better 3 point shooter, but he still is pretty terrible from mid range.

Wasted is a bit harsh. But Smith/Monroe/Drummond certainly isn't the best fit. Doesn't mean they should sell of Monroe for 70 cents on the dollar. He's worth more than Jeff Green.

pebloemer
02-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Trade:

C's: Rondo, Green, Bradley, '15 Sac #1 or '14 Atl/Nets #1.

P's: Jennings, Monroe, Villenueva, Billups, 2 #1's ('18 and '20 bottom 5 protected)

Pistons like it because Rondo should be able to unlock the offensive potential of his pal Smith and Drummond, they also get rid of the somewhat scattershot Jennings. They get Green who isn't cheap, but allows Smith to go back to 4, and they get to see if Bradly might be worth chasing in the off season. They also get value for Monroe who is leaving one way or another. Save a few bucks on moving Billups, a sentimental favorite due to his part of the last Championship, but he's done.

C's get Monroe whom they can afford to pay and need. C's have to deal with Jennings, but it will take them 2 years to put together a team and they can live with him until then - plus his deal is a lot less than Rondo's next deal. Billups offers a bit of vet leadership off the floor) to make up for Rondo leaving, hopefully he'll retire by the end of camp. Villanueva is a useful expiring. By the time the picks roll around the Pistons of Smith/Rondo may have imploded due to age or personality, and could be very useful.

That Pistons starting 5 (Rondo/Bradley/Green/Smith/Drummond) would have crazy defensive potential.

ManRam
02-10-2014, 10:54 AM
That Pistons starting 5 (Rondo/Bradley/Green/Smith/Drummond) would have crazy defensive potential.

Yeah...that would be pretty fascinating. Would be amazingly woeful at scoring outside the paint though...but it would be an improvement.

Deception
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah...that would be pretty fascinating. Would be amazingly woeful at scoring outside the paint though...but it would be an improvement.
Don't worry that's why we signed Josh Smith, his 3 pt % is the best among his kind

mike44
02-10-2014, 11:54 AM
A Hawks starting lineup next year of Teague, Korver, Green, Milsap, Horford would be pretty solid. But they would still probably only be the 3rd best team in the East, which they might already be (with a healthy Horford).

xnick5757
02-10-2014, 12:15 PM

that team would be horrid. they would struggle to put up 80 pts a game

green would be the only one with any outside scoring whatsoever (well and smith I guess since he likes to jack up 4 3s a game)

opponents could just sag off rondo and smith and key in on drummond/green

ManRam
02-10-2014, 12:39 PM
that team would be horrid. they would struggle to put up 80 pts a game

green would be the only one with any outside scoring whatsoever (well and smith I guess since he likes to jack up 4 3s a game)

opponents could just sag off rondo and smith and key in on drummond/green

Thing is, they have so little shooting right now anyways. Green + Smith at the 3 and 4 spots is an upgrade in terms of shooting compared to Smith + Monroe. Bradley is no less a shooter at this point in their careers as KCP is. The Rondo to Jennings shooting dropoff would be felt for sure though, but Jennings' volume is often a detriment.

I don't think they'd be THAT bad offensively.

Ebbs
02-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Carroll Has been as good over the last month as Green has. . . Not sure why they want to do this

ManRam
02-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Carroll Has been as good over the last month as Green has. . . Not sure why they want to do this

Especially because Ferry has said he doesn't want to take on long term salary, and that he'd probably have to move Brand's expiring too. That's just too much to give up for a guy who might not make you all that much better. Brand's been pretty solid lately.

Like I said, it always seems like these trade rumors pop up involving Atlanta, and per the usual, I expect nothing to come from it.

jsthornton7
02-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Wasted is a bit harsh. But Smith/Monroe/Drummond certainly isn't the best fit. Doesn't mean they should sell of Monroe for 70 cents on the dollar. He's worth more than Jeff Green.

When I say wasted, I just mean I don't think he will live up to his potential if he stays in DET. I mean, the first thing that DET needs to do is find a new GM.

Monroe is definitely worth more than Jeff Green. They would need to add another asset of value to the deal, but looking at the deal with those solely those two pieces as the focal point of the trade, I think Green would be a better fit alongside Drummond and Smith and Monroe a good fit in Boston.

MiamiBoy77
02-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Monroe and CV for Green and Bogans

MiamiBoy77
02-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Rondo/Bradley/Lottery Pick, maybe lottery fixed for them/Monroe/Olynyk

Jennings/Caldwell-Pope(or Singler)/Green/Smith/Drummond

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Don't worry that's why we signed Josh Smith, his 3 pt % is the best among his kind

23%?

Deception
02-10-2014, 04:25 PM
23%?

I was being sarcastic, he's a terrible shooter, great around the rim though.

Deception
02-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I may be overvaluing Monroe, but a Monroe + filler for Green is robbery. Green is good, not great, Monroe is an upcoming big man with potential. It solves both issues but I think if a 3rd team comes in we could make the deal more enticing.

Blink
02-10-2014, 04:30 PM
23%?

Lol it was sarcasm.

Manram is right.
Green/Smith is better fit than Smith/Monroe at the 3/4.

Rondo/Bradley is just as good as Jennings/KCP.

Kcp would prolly get the start due to athleticism and height but they are similar players.

Jennings is by far a better shooter but Rondo is by far a better more efficient player.

A backcourt of
Rondo/Stuckey
KCP/Bradley

Is crzy good defensively and a more efficient one than we currently have now.

Phenomenonsense
02-10-2014, 05:08 PM
**** any trade involving the C's where we don't get rid of Jennings and take back Rondo and Green. I've been watching C's games since Rondo's return and he has looked terrible and so has Green, in my opinion. Hold Rondo in high esteem because of what he used to do if you want, but we wouldn't be trading for Rondo pre-injury. I don't think there is a deal to be made.

ManRam
02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
I may be overvaluing Monroe, but a Monroe + filler for Green is robbery. Green is good, not great, Monroe is an upcoming big man with potential. It solves both issues but I think if a 3rd team comes in we could make the deal more enticing.

You aren't overvaluing Monroe.

Monroe + Expiring for Green + filler isn't a fair deal at all.

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Your center better be pulling 13 rebounds a night because Green is a weak rebounder at the 4.

He's a true and true tweener...and often not in a good way. He isn't big enough or strong enough in the post to guard many 4s. He's not active enough or quick enough defensively on the perimeter to guard most 3s effectively. I think he's a guy at this point that you have to be able to be fluid with and be able to let play a bunch of different roles. I think he's an improvement at the 3 over Smith in terms of fit (he's not a better player than Smoove), but I don't think it solves quite all their issues. He's a better 3 point shooter, but he still is pretty terrible from mid range.

I think Jeff Green is very similar to Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams and Michael Beasley. All are tweeners who just won't work out in the NBA.

Ebbs
02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
**** any trade involving the C's where we don't get rid of Jennings and take back Rondo and Green. I've been watching C's games since Rondo's return and he has looked terrible and so has Green, in my opinion. Hold Rondo in high esteem because of what he used to do if you want, but we wouldn't be trading for Rondo pre-injury. I don't think there is a deal to be made.

Rondo has had his best three games, his last three. It's only been 9 since he's been back