PDA

View Full Version : What's With The Warriors Offense?

Clippersfan86
02-09-2014, 03:28 PM
I was shocked to see the Dubs with the 16th ranked offense. I predicted 1st-3rd before the season started. Please no trolling of the Warriors, I just want sincere answers, especially from Warriors fans. I haven't gotten to watch the team much this year. On a positive note they have the 4th ranked D which is great.

Goose17
02-09-2014, 03:39 PM
The bench was(is?) awful. Barnes has been terrible up until very recently. And I mean (Chuck voice) TURRIBLE!

Ball movement seems to stall when Curry isn't in the game, although Crawford has done a decent job recently, I think that will work out a good trade.

Dre, Klay, Barnes and more recently Green, have settled for spot up 3s or fade aways. Dre hasn't attacked the basket with the same aggression since returning from that thigh injury earlier in the season. Up until VERY recently Barnes seemed to have lost all confidence and hasn't been attacking the rim at all. Klay tries to shoot his way out of slumps instead of putting the ball on the floor and beating his man for an easy lay up, which he is more than capable of doing. Green just seems to be finding his feet offensively, he's improved from last season on that side anyway.

It's almost like playing with Curry is contagious, you see him make 3s so you get excited and try to do it yourself, I don't know, it's strange.

The bench in particular has settled for iso plays a lot, they don't even seem to put the effort in on that side.

Having no inside scoring other than Lee doesn't help either, I really miss Landry (still don't miss Jack though before people hop on that, we're better without him).

Funnily enough, the best game we've played this season was against your Clippers. 60 something points in the paint, we need more of that.

As for the stats, we're 4th in 3PT% and top 10 for eFG% so it's not all doom and gloom :)

Now, I open the floor to the idiots who think it's all because Jack left, you know, the guys who watch our highlights and maybe one or two games during the regular season and think they know the team...

Clippersfan86
02-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Yea of course you bastards were extra motivated to kick our ***** haha. Goose that all makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the answer bro.

curtcocaine
02-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Yea to many threes it would help alot to get Bougut involved inside out.

curtcocaine
02-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Bougut imo needs more touches he's more than capable of bei g our inside threat him and lee could be deadly...

hugepatsfan
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
The bench was(is?) awful. Barnes has been terrible up until very recently. And I mean (Chuck voice) TURRIBLE!

Ball movement seems to stall when Curry isn't in the game, although Crawford has done a decent job recently, I think that will work out a good trade.

Dre, Klay, Barnes and more recently Green, have settled for spot up 3s or fade aways. Dre hasn't attacked the basket with the same aggression since returning from that thigh injury earlier in the season. Up until VERY recently Barnes seemed to have lost all confidence and hasn't been attacking the rim at all. Klay tries to shoot his way out of slumps instead of putting the ball on the floor and beating his man for an easy lay up, which he is more than capable of doing. Green just seems to be finding his feet offensively, he's improved from last season on that side anyway.

It's almost like playing with Curry is contagious, you see him make 3s so you get excited and try to do it yourself, I don't know, it's strange.

The bench in particular has settled for iso plays a lot, they don't even seem to put the effort in on that side.

Having no inside scoring other than Lee doesn't help either, I really miss Landry (still don't miss Jack though before people hop on that, we're better without him).

Funnily enough, the best game we've played this season was against your Clippers. 60 something points in the paint, we need more of that.

As for the stats, we're 4th in 3PT% and top 10 for eFG% so it's not all doom and gloom :)

Now, I open the floor to the idiots who think it's all because Jack left, you know, the guys who watch our highlights and maybe one or two games during the regular season and think they know the team...

The first issue you listed was the lack of ball movement when the backup PG is in the game. Then in the last sentence you call people who will say the loss of last year's backup PG is the main reason idiots.

Damon Love
02-09-2014, 04:24 PM
I'm not a Warrior fan but they seem to be playing down to the competition. I think that when the play-offs start they'll be a nightmare, especially if they're like the 7th seed or something.

P&GRealist
02-09-2014, 04:36 PM
They don't play good enough D

Goose17
02-09-2014, 04:45 PM
The first issue you listed was the lack of ball movement when the backup PG is in the game. Then in the last sentence you call people who will say the loss of last year's backup PG is the main reason idiots.

Since when were ball movement and point guard synonymous?

Everyone on the Warriors roster are capable passers, even the big guys. The problem is people try to much iso stuff.

Having a good point guard helps, but if every time he passes to someone they go into "iso" mode then the point guard isn't having any effect, is he? It's a mind set. EVERYONE needs to be moving the ball around and trying to probe for an opening.

The lack of ball movement is a team thing and something the bench has been struggling with.

Crawford has helped to an extent, but like I said, it needs to be a team effort.

On top of that, Jack is one of the worst players I've seen in recent history for stalling an offense. He would literally dribble it in and out of the paint until the shot clock ran down and then either jack up a contested jumper or pass it off and hope someone makes a shot. The only real exception was when Curry called the elevator play and used Jack as the ball handler.

Goose17
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm not a Warrior fan but they seem to be playing down to the competition.

This is also true^

There seems to be more effort against teams like Miami, OKC and the Clippers etc.

Asik's better
02-09-2014, 05:26 PM

This pretty much sums up the rockets last season; jacking up threes, iso's, no ball movement, bench problems. Sounds like a lot of the problems is coach related.

nastynice
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Everyone's a friggin chucker, that's the problem. Lazy offense. buncha damn chuckers

AddiX
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
The problem is there freaking soft as wet kittens.

If tHe Deep ball isn't dropping they don't like going inside and don't like physical play, and the teams softness gets exposed. This is nothing new, was the same problem with the warriors last year.

And now that they lost jack, there softness just increases. Bogut adds some toughness and so does lee, but he's always injured. With them Out they the softest team in the NBA, lead by the softest player in NBA history, behind only bargnani.

Like waTching the wnba sometimes.

COOLbeans
02-09-2014, 06:10 PM
They're more mentally soft than physically soft. Bogut's playing like an all defensive player so they're not soft. But their soft mentality is the cause for their lack of instensity and focus and lesser players have capitalized.

COOLbeans
02-09-2014, 06:12 PM
The problem is there freaking soft as wet kittens.

If tHe Deep ball isn't dropping they don't like going inside and don't like physical play, and the teams softness gets exposed. This is nothing new, was the same problem with the warriors last year.

And now that they lost jack, there softness just increases. Bogut adds some toughness and so does lee, but he's always injured. With them Out they the softest team in the NBA, lead by the softest player in NBA history, behind only bargnani.

Like waTching the wnba sometimes.

I challenge you to watch Steph Curry's games for a week straight, he's not soft. Igoudala's been playing soft since his injury and our power forward isn't very powerful. The forward position has been lacking and needs to be upgraded in both lineups.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
They're 26th worst in turnover rate, 15th in ORB% and 24th in free throw rate. Surprisingly they're only 9th in eFG%. So yeah, put that together and the 16th ranked offensive rating makes some sense.

A lot of jump shooting. Klay Thompson not quite being the all-around scorer or any single ounce of a play-maker plays a role in this. He really hasn't lived up to the billing. Nice 3-and-D player, but really contibutes little besides that. That hurts offensively. The terrible bench plays a big role in this: Barnes, Draymond, JO and Jordan Crawford are wildly inefficient.

I don't watch enough GS games to chime in too much, but I am a bit confused why Bogut gets so little attention offensively, and same with Iggy.

Goose17
02-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I challenge you to watch Steph Curry's games for a week straight, he's not soft. Igoudala's been playing soft since his injury and our power forward isn't very powerful. The forward position has been lacking and needs to be upgraded in both lineups.

This^

Curry actually thrives off contact. The Phoenix commentators were discussing this last night.

tredigs
02-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Less jump shooting then people realize, and the idea that jump shooting is bad is stupid and outdated. Warriors are 12th at points in the paint (I think Lee's #1 in the NBA), and Curry will gladly shake his defenders and finish at the rim if they get ridiculous with their over pursuit, but I am fine with the 3's they take. Wish they took more, actually. #1 team in 3pt's shot and #29 team in the NBA for points in the paint is....... the Blazers. Who have the leagues #1 offense.

Their problem is the X's and O's of offense in my opinion. It boils down to a weak offensive system and weak offensive coaching. The team is just ridiculously reliant on Curry and when he is not in all hell breaks loose. I'm pretty certain their starting lineup when Iggy is there is the #1 rated offense in the NBA though.

sammyvine
02-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Like Charles Barkley said

Too much of a jump shooting team. When their shots don't fall they look average. Its sad because they have some skilled players like Lee and Bogut who could do more with the ball in the post

tredigs
02-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Like I said, Lee is #1 in the NBA in points in the paint. Bogut's afraid to shoot even if he gets an offensive rebound under the hoop. Not someone you want to run plays for.

Take anything Barkley says with a huge grain of salt. Blazers = #2 jump shooting team. #1 offense.

COOLbeans
02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Warriors would be better with Curry shooting more 3s. But there needs to be different action to get him the ball. That starts with unsimplifying the offense.

When Thompson's on get him the ball at all costs too. But he shouldn't have the green light to launch.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Less jump shooting then people realize, and the idea that jump shooting is bad is stupid and outdated.

I agree with the first after looking at the team's shot chart, I don't quite agree with the second part, though, "jump shooting" is a very broad phrase.

We all know what the worst shots in basketball are. Jump shooting isn't bad if you can do it, sure. It can help stretch defenses and open things up down low. But deep jumpers are the least efficient shots there are. Not 3 point shots, but deep 2s. 17.3% of their shots are between 16 feet and the 3 pt line and they're about league average from there. You look at a progressive team like the Rockets and they only take 6.37% of their shots from there. It's for good reason.

Everything else you said is fine...as I'm sure, er...I know you know way more about it than me.

holditdown
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM
I haven't even looked at their stats, but they look like a mediocre offensive team.

They take too many jumpers. I can't remember the Heat, Spurs, Lakers, Bulls being jump shooting teams.

tredigs
02-09-2014, 10:33 PM
I agree with the first after looking at the team's shot chart, I don't quite agree with the second part, though, "jump shooting" is a very broad phrase.

We all know what the worst shots in basketball are. Jump shooting isn't bad if you can do it, sure. It can help stretch defenses and open things up down low. But deep jumpers are the least efficient shots there are. Not 3 point shots, but deep 2s. 17.3% of their shots are between 16 feet and the 3 pt line and they're about league average from there. You look at a progressive team like the Rockets and they only take 6.37% of their shots from there. It's for good reason.

Everything else you said is fine...as I'm sure, er...I know you know way more about it than me.

Yeah, I was gonna qualify the part about deep 2's after I reread it but I got lazy. We're on the same boat though, obviously you want to limit those shots - though like you said they do have value in bending the defense and are a necessary evil at times.

Warriors could definitely use a better offensive coach. Mark's a great leader, but I'm not convinced he's an X's and O's guy.

lol, please
02-09-2014, 10:41 PM
I was shocked to see the Dubs with the 16th ranked offense. I predicted 1st-3rd before the season started. Please no trolling of the Warriors, I just want sincere answers, especially from Warriors fans. I haven't gotten to watch the team much this year. On a positive note they have the 4th ranked D which is great.

What's with people trolling Dubs fans? It's the bench, and some injuries, overall the starting unit is playing well together, and have a good record when healthy.

#FullSquad

lol, please
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Less jump shooting then people realize, and the idea that jump shooting is bad is stupid and outdated. Warriors are 12th at points in the paint (I think Lee's #1 in the NBA), and Curry will gladly shake his defenders and finish at the rim if they get ridiculous with their over pursuit, but I am fine with the 3's they take. Wish they took more, actually. #1 team in 3pt's shot and #29 team in the NBA for points in the paint is....... the Blazers. Who have the leagues #1 offense.

Their problem is the X's and O's of offense in my opinion. It boils down to a weak offensive system and weak offensive coaching. The team is just ridiculously reliant on Curry and when he is not in all hell breaks loose. I'm pretty certain their starting lineup when Iggy is there is the #1 rated offense in the NBA though.

Like I said, Lee is #1 in the NBA in points in the paint. Bogut's afraid to shoot even if he gets an offensive rebound under the hoop. Not someone you want to run plays for.

Take anything Barkley says with a huge grain of salt. Blazers = #2 jump shooting team. #1 offense.

:clap:

moshy2
02-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Their offense gets very predictable, whoever has the ball is going to take a bad jumpshot. It's extremely frustrating knowing that there are many players on this team capable of driving that just refuse to.

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 12:49 AM
Their bench is awful and all the players on the team they have the shooting skills of Curry so they chuck, chuck and chuck.

Little dribble penetration on that team by anyone than other than Curry and Igoudala.

TorontoHuskies
02-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Losing Jack is why they're struggling he was a huge part of them...They should trade for Lowry but it'll cost them because their draft pick is gonna be high and Toronto would want one.

Monta is beast
02-10-2014, 02:11 AM
Its marc jacksons offense. Its not a system its consistently set plays or in the flow of the game. Hes repeated ineffecient plays all season long and we cant stop turning the ball over. Hes the best motivator in the nba (great quality in a coach) not a chanpionship calibar coach imo. I think the warriors should go for phil jackson. We have a great f.o plus he has ties with jerry west. Curry and bogut would thrive in the triangle offense.

Monta is beast
02-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Not to mention bogut has almost no plays called for him. Hes shooting like 65% from the field. When jumpshots arent falling you cant rely on them.

Chromehounds
02-10-2014, 03:17 PM
The talents are there, it's the chaotic environment that's the hindrance. The W's currently doesn't have a system in place, it's all up to the players on the court making calls on the next play. The next time you watch a W's game pay attention you'll see what I mean.
When players are not using their strength in game, it all boils down to the coach. It doesn't look like Jackson knows how to coach talents... letting the inmates run the asylum is not a formula for success. Jackson does have a niche as a good motivator, he can get below average or low self-esteem players to overachieve but that's about it. A good coach would put his players in a position to succeed, an example, allowing Iggy chucking 3's is just setting him up to fail. Iggy and Barnes seem to start to drive to the basket more the last couple of games, but that was only after several public outcries (radio/tv). It's embarrassing at times.
I had high hope for the W's... winning the West, but now just make the playoffs will do. Maybe using the "us against the world" motivation will work again this year.

lol, please
02-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Its marc jacksons offense. Its not a system its consistently set plays or in the flow of the game. Hes repeated ineffecient plays all season long and we cant stop turning the ball over. Hes the best motivator in the nba (great quality in a coach) not a chanpionship calibar coach imo. I think the warriors should go for phil jackson. We have a great f.o plus he has ties with jerry west. Curry and bogut would thrive in the triangle offense.

Tell 'em Mibs! :clap:

COOLbeans
02-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Tell 'em Mibs! :clap:

You realize he supports #teamfiremarkjackson right?

lol, please
02-11-2014, 02:58 AM
You realize he supports #teamfiremarkjackson right?
I know. But: love for Mibs > all else.

tredigs
02-11-2014, 05:16 AM
Also probably worth mentioning, Warriors "#FullSquad" starters are the best offense in the NBA this season. It's Barnes and the rest of the bench that need help. Basically any time Curry is out, the team is ****ed, though when Iggy was out and Barnes filled in it also went to ****.

lol, please
02-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Also probably worth mentioning, Warriors "#FullSquad" starters are the best offense in the NBA this season. It's Barnes and the rest of the bench that need help. Basically any time Curry is out, the team is ****ed, though when Iggy was out and Barnes filled in it also went to ****.

This.

CluTcH_c1tY
02-11-2014, 04:09 PM
So much for the Warriors having a better bench than the Rockets before the season started. Losing Landry and Jack was bigger loss than most Warrior fans thought other people on PSD said this would pose a problem. Looks like that claim was right.

Goose17
02-11-2014, 04:13 PM

All true^

But Barnes has been playing better, still up and down, no consistency. But he's had more good games than bad games when you look at VERY recent history. Especially compared to earlier in the season.

ManRam
02-11-2014, 04:15 PM
So much for the Warriors having a better bench than the Rockets before the season started. Losing Landry and Jack was bigger loss than most Warrior fans thought other people on PSD said this would pose a problem. Looks like that claim was right.

Jack has been brutal this year and letting him go financially was undoubtedly the right move. But yes, their bench is brutal and the biggest reason the offense as a whole doesn't rank higher.

Clippersfan86
02-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Warriors fans.. is Mark Jackson a better version of Vinny Del Negro? Good at getting teams to play hard but utterly inept when it comes to strategy or having a defined system?

Goose17
02-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Letting Jack go was the right decision.

Losing Landry has hurt us though imo. He should have been easily replaceable, he's merely a role player in the grand scheme of things, a very good role player but a role player none the less.

Some of the blame for the bench issues does have to be placed on Coach Jackson early on. Early in the season he wasn't really bringing guys in and mixing them with the starters, not properly. Now he's doing that more.

I feel the bench issue is more to do with a lack of confidence and the wrong mindset than it is to do with a lack of talent. Speights, Barnes, Crawford, Green, O'Neal. All of these guys have proven that they can ball. But until they start moving the ball around consistently and attacking the rim, they will continue to struggle.

tredigs
02-11-2014, 04:21 PM

It has definitely disappointed - they suck - but IMO a bench is less important in the post season when Curry can run 42 mpg and there are no back to backs.

Not paying Jack (and the full realization of what Curry is without JJ's offensive halting ways) + Landry and the salaries those two demanded was the right decision for now and the future, but the bench still needs work. I'm still holding out hope for Crawford and Barnes to net some synergy and fill the void in the 2nd half.

tredigs
02-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Another issue with the bench as a whole was not anticipating that we would be without a backup center for months on end. They've gone through long stretches of many games with Draymond Green guarding the bigs. Not ideal.

I don't know what Ezeli's deal is or if he's ever coming back this season, but they could use him. The other is the bench playmaking aspect, which they're attempting to shore up with Crawford. We'll see how that goes over the next month or two, I'm starting to see some improvement.

Goose17
02-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Warriors fans.. is Mark Jackson a better version of Vinny Del Negro? Good at getting teams to play hard but utterly inept when it comes to strategy or having a defined system?

Some Dubs fans will agree with that.

Personally I think his defense first mindset has helped steer this club in the right direction. And he's a solid defensive coach. People credited Malone for that but look at him now, Sac town are the fourth worst defensive team in the league, Warriors are the third best (basing this on Hollingers Def EFF). You could argue (and rightly so) that a large part of that is due to talent, I mean Andre and Bogut are better defensively than anyone on the Kings roster. But without proper coaching even solid defensive players can be made to look weak defensively (you'll know that first hand, the difference in defense prowess that some of the Clippers players have shown since Doc came to town is eye opening)

I think Jackson's weaknesses are mainly 1. Inexperience. People seem to be forgetting this will be only his second full season as head coach (third if you count the shortened season as a "full" season) and he didn't have any real prior coaching experience (that I'm aware of). and 2. The offense is almost entirely free flowing, which leads to issues when the bench comes in.

Clippersfan86
02-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Vinny also had a free flowing offense with no damn system at all. If the first option failed it was a CP3 iso every single time. Alvin Gentry's offense has been brilliant under Doc. No more standing around or iso ball. If first option fails we have 2nd and 3rd options always.

I agree that Jackson deserves some slack being so experienced and that defensively he's done a great job.

CluTcH_c1tY
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Letting Jack go was the right decision.

Losing Landry has hurt us though imo. He should have been easily replaceable, he's merely a role player in the grand scheme of things, a very good role player but a role player none the less.

Some of the blame for the bench issues does have to be placed on Coach Jackson early on. Early in the season he wasn't really bringing guys in and mixing them with the starters, not properly. Now he's doing that more.

I feel the bench issue is more to do with a lack of confidence and the wrong mindset than it is to do with a lack of talent. Speights, Barnes, Crawford, Green, O'Neal. All of these guys have proven that they can ball. But until they start moving the ball around consistently and attacking the rim, they will continue to struggle.

Yes you're right about Landry being a mere role player. But on a team with 2-3 good players Landry could be the wildcard on any given night. Most Warriors fans said they're better when they score in the paint, well Landry most certainly can help in that area. Many Rockets fans have been wanting Landry back on the team for quite some time now. McHale and Jackson are mirror images of each other great motivators but no so great with the x's and o's..

Monta is beast
02-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Landry is being shopped by the kings hopefully the warriors look at him. Its a rock and a hard place with jackson. I like him i think hes a good coach. He got the warriors to buy in on defense which is sonething i never thought i would see. I think he was the perfect coach for last season. But like i said imo hes not a championship coach. You cant be 12th in effeciency with the players we have thats ****in crazy.

Chronz
02-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Splash bros was overrated, thats always been a 1 man wrecking crew in that duo. Iggy hasn't been completely healthy, when hes in with Curry, the ball always finds the open man. Outside of that, they dont make enough use of how many great passers are on the team. Wasting possessions with Barnes as a defacto go to guy for the bench squads was a problem.

Chronz
02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Getting that kind of production from a role player isn't that easy tho.

tredigs
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
The Curry/Thompson/Iggy/Lee/Bogut lineup had an offensive rating of 118 going into February. When Barnes took place of Iggy for a few weeks during his hamstring injury, it fell dramatically. When Curry is out, it falls dramatically. And since Iggy has been back, he has not looked near the same as his blistering start.

There's many reasons why they haven't won a few more games then they have (injuries/bench/rotations come to mind), but I'm not going to panic being 10 games over .500 with a top 3 D, top 3 starting unit offensively, and still a very realistic chance at HCA.

Goose17
02-11-2014, 08:41 PM
getting that kind of production from a role player isn't that easy tho.

Very true. I miss Landry. His scoring on the inside and second chance buckets are something we could really use right now.

COOLbeans
02-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Vinny also had a free flowing offense with no damn system at all. If the first option failed it was a CP3 iso every single time. Alvin Gentry's offense has been brilliant under Doc. No more standing around or iso ball. If first option fails we have 2nd and 3rd options always.

I agree that Jackson deserves some slack being so experienced and that defensively he's done a great job.

The Warriors could defintiely use an Alvin Gentry, but Mark Jackson is a good, young coach.

Monta is beast
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
No doubth .e just needs to run a sysyem and stop relying on the talent of his players. Alla the spurs doesnt matter who there playing always competitive

zn23
02-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Offensively it seems like it's 3 guys doing all the scoring. We all know Bogut isn't scoring and neither is Iggy. Not to mention their bench has looked really bad this year. They are missing Jarret Jack, someone who can come into the game and relieve Curry.

COOLbeans
02-12-2014, 03:27 AM
Jcks good but he's never very good. He's replaceable :shrug:

lol, please
02-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Landry is being shopped by the kings hopefully the warriors look at him. Its a rock and a hard place with jackson. I like him i think hes a good coach. He got the warriors to buy in on defense which is sonething i never thought i would see. I think he was the perfect coach for last season. But like i said imo hes not a championship coach. You cant be 12th in effeciency with the players we have thats ****in crazy.
This. Landry coming back would be huge.

Very true. I miss Landry. His scoring on the inside and second chance buckets are something we could really use right now.
Well said.

Mark Jackson is a good, young coach.
Agreed.

Jcks good but he's never very good. He's replaceable :shrug:

:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 03:32 AM
They are in the bottom 1/3rd in turnovers per game, and don't get to the line near enough (and even when they do, they aren't a good FT shooting team) is why their offensive efficiency is barely above average.

Pretty simple..

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 03:42 AM
The Warriors could defintiely use an Alvin Gentry, but Mark Jackson is a good, young coach.

No he's not. He's solid if he has great assistants but he meh at best. I love how people say he's a great motivator (supposed to be his best quality) but I haven't see the warriors look so disinterested in this many games in ages. Hell even when we were losing we put out more effort than some of the nonsense I've seen this year. Jackson needs to be replaced. Plain and simple.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 03:43 AM
They are in the bottom 1/3rd in turnovers per game, and don't get to the line near enough (and even when they do, they aren't a good FT shooting team) is why their offensive efficiency is barely above average.

Pretty simple..

Turnovers really have been an Achilles heel this year.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Bogut is also criminally underused

lol, please
02-15-2014, 03:45 PM
No he's not. He's solid if he has great assistants but he meh at best. I love how people say he's a great motivator (supposed to be his best quality) but I haven't see the warriors look so disinterested in this many games in ages. Hell even when we were losing we put out more effort than some of the nonsense I've seen this year. Jackson needs to be replaced. Plain and simple.
wow. :facepalm:

Bogut is also criminally underused

underused and underrated. Top 3 C when healthy.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 04:02 PM
wow. :facepalm:

underused and underrated. Top 3 C when healthy.
You can say wow all you want but it took him how long into this season to figure out you shouldn't play your entire second unit at one time, especially without a back up pg, and rely on a second year player to create for the entire unit when it's not his game. How poor and unmotivated have we looked all season? While were doing great defensively, and he does deserve some credit, how much of that is a healthy Bogut and iggy. Our offense should be much better than it is considering our players but he doesn't get the best out of them. We maximized our talent last year and we aren't this year. Not all of that but part of that is the loss of Malone. I don't see Jackson as a coach to take us to the promise land and while he earned this year and maybe the next I'd prefer we move on sooner rather than later.

Instead of this facepalm and wow comment tell he how fantastic he's been on his own this year?

Edit: he's also part of the reason why boguts criminally underused

Goose17
02-15-2014, 04:16 PM
We maximized our talent last year and we aren't this year. Not all of that but part of that is the loss of Malone.

NO.

You're not doing that. I won't accept that. You're talking utter garbage.

Last year everyone kept saying "our defense is going to suck without Malone, he's a defensive specialist type coach, we're playing good defense because of him"

And what happened? He left. Sacramento are now one of the worst defensive teams in the league and WE are the BEST defensive team in the West. Why? Great defensive players and a GREAT DEFENSIVE COACH.

But now that the offense sucks suddenly Malone was also responsible for all of that, when nobody, not you, not anyone said that he was the guy drawing up our offense. You all gave him credit for our defense and now that Jackson has dis-proven that, you're trying to give him credit for the offense? **** off.

Jackson is the best coach we've had for the better part of a decade, has he made mistakes? Yes. Does the offense need work? Yes. Is it entirely his fault? No.

He's just started his second full season, he has absolutely no experience as a coach prior to coming here.

If anyone, and I mean anyone, can walk into a franchise without any prior coaching experience, and help take a team from the laughing stock of the West to a borderline contender that plays the best defense in their conference, he's alright in my book.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 04:19 PM
And Malone even said that Jackson would tell him what play to draw up. So get off his dick already.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Turnovers really have been an Achilles heel this year.

like I said, this answer is very simple:

Too many turnovers (bottom 1/3 in the NBA)
Not enough FTA (bottom 1/3 in the NBA)
When they do get to the line, not good enough at making them (bottom 1/3 in the NBA)

Too many wasted possessions, and not a good FT shooting team that doesn't get there enough. But a jump shooting team (The KG Wolves era was the same) simply doesn't draw a ton of fouls. That limits offensive efficiency, ESPECIALLY when you shoot in the mid 70% as a team.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 04:30 PM
NO.

You're not doing that. I won't accept that. You're talking utter garbage.

Last year everyone kept saying "our defense is going to suck without Malone, he's a defensive specialist type coach, we're playing good defense because of him"

And what happened? He left. Sacramento are now one of the worst defensive teams in the league and WE are the BEST defensive team in the West. Why? Great defensive players and a GREAT DEFENSIVE COACH.

But now that the offense sucks suddenly Malone was also responsible for all of that, when nobody, not you, not anyone said that he was the guy drawing up our offense. You all gave him credit for our defense and now that Jackson has dis-proven that, you're trying to give him credit for the offense? **** off.

Jackson is the best coach we've had for the better part of a decade, has he made mistakes? Yes. Does the offense need work? Yes. Is it entirely his fault? No.

He's just started his second full season, he has absolutely no experience as a coach prior to coming here.

If anyone, and I mean anyone, can walk into a franchise without any prior coaching experience, and help take a team from the laughing stock of the West to a borderline contender that plays the best defense in their conference, he's alright in my book.
You skipped over the part where I say while he deserves some of the credit for the defense but how much of that is a healthy Bogut and iggy. Two things we didn't have last year.

And yes multiple people have commented on how Malone was the one with the clipboard drawing up plays last year.

And second full season is BS. It's his 3rd season.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 04:32 PM
And Malone even said that Jackson would tell him what play to draw up. So get off his dick already.

First of all you need to calm down and put your big boy pants on and talk like an adult. Second of all I'm not on Malones dick. I've been calling for Jeff Van Gundy from the start. Dating back to before we signed Jackson.

Edit what's he supposed to say... I did all the work.

FOBolous
02-15-2014, 04:38 PM
their bench, their coach, and their system.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 04:42 PM
You skipped over the part where I say while he deserves some of the credit for the defense but how much of that is a healthy Bogut and iggy. Two things we didn't have last year.

I didn't skip over that, you're using that as an excuse. If we were playing bad defense you would blame him, not the players. When we play good defense you credit the players, not him. You're a hater, simple as. The players have played a massive part, but even the greatest defensive players need good coaching for them to be utilized properly.

And yes multiple people have commented on how Malone was the one with the clipboard drawing up plays last year.

No. They haven't. They said he was the Xs and Os guys on DEFENSE.

NOBODY, EVER gave him credit for the offense. EVER. Until just now, because now you know he wasn't responsible for the defense, so you have to give him credit for something to undermine Jackson right? SMH.

And second full season is BS. It's his 3rd season.

I said it's his third FULL season. Which it is. Unless you're counting the lockout as a full 82 game season?

And even then, his third year and he's coaching a playoff team in a very tough conference with the best defense in that said conference with no prior coaching history at all? That's VERY impressive. I can't think of any other coach with no prior experience that has ever achieved anything even remotely close to that.

First of all you need to calm down and put your big boy pants on and talk like an adult. Second of all I'm not on Malones dick. I've been calling for Jeff Van Gundy from the start. Dating back to before we signed Jackson.

Talk like an adult? LOL that doesn't even make sense, you're dick riding him, that's not a childish comment it's an honest one.

Tell me, how well has Malone done since he went it on his own? Oh yeah that's right. Conference bottom feeder and the second worst defense in the conference, fourth worst in the league. Good to see such an elite coach is making his team overachieve like the great coaches do.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 04:49 PM

LOL that's such a cop out. Because he says something that completely contradicts what you believe, he must just be a polite guy who's playing nice.

Even when it comes from the horses mouth you refuse to believe it. Blinded by haterade.

Goose17
02-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Last summer...

They don't but the head coach doesn't get all the love either. They both played parts in it. It's also know that Malone was the brain on d as an assistant coach at his last gig. And it's know that he was brought in here for that same role as well as providing experience. I'm not giving Malone all the credit Jackson has positive attributes as well.

Still pushing for jvg tho!

Nothing about offense. He was brought in for his defensive mind, right? Oh no wait. Now the offense was thanks to him to? Funny you never mentioned that before.

True, he is a defensive guru.

Look someone agreeing with you. Defensive guru. Nothing about offense though.

It's not like there expected to make the playoffs. Malone is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. If the Kings show improvement on defense, and Cousins starts to mature he'll have a job.

Oh, another poster agreeing with you... again though, praising his approach to defense. No mention to the offense.

So now that we're better than we were last year defensively, you're saying he must have been there for the offense right? Interesting nobody ever brought that up before.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 05:19 PM
I didn't skip over that, you're using that as an excuse. If we were playing bad defense you would blame him, not the players. When we play good defense you credit the players, not him. You're a hater, simple as. The players have played a massive part, but even the greatest defensive players need good coaching for them to be utilized properly.

No. They haven't. They said he was the Xs and Os guys on DEFENSE.

NOBODY, EVER gave him credit for the offense. EVER. Until just now, because now you know he wasn't responsible for the defense, so you have to give him credit for something to undermine Jackson right? SMH.

I said it's his third FULL season. Which it is. Unless you're counting the lockout as a full 82 game season?

And even then, his third year and he's coaching a playoff team in a very tough conference with the best defense in that said conference with no prior coaching history at all? That's VERY impressive. I can't think of any other coach with no prior experience that has ever achieved anything even remotely close to that.

Talk like an adult? LOL that doesn't even make sense, you're dick riding him, that's not a childish comment it's an honest one.

Tell me, how well has Malone done since he went it on his own? Oh yeah that's right. Conference bottom feeder and the second worst defense in the conference, fourth worst in the league. Good to see such an elite coach is making his team overachieve like the great coaches do.
Ok I'm not using anything thing as an excuse. I give him some credit and some blame. The players need to get their ish together too but we are struggling with what's supposed to be his best asset, motivation. He gets this full year and maybe the next but coaches are easier to change.

Yes he was brought in as defensive specialist and for experience. Which I say in the quote you took from back in the day. Experience extends to drawing up plays. I'm not saying were struggling offensively cause Malones gone but were not maximizing our talent like last year. Not all of that but part of that is the loss of his experience. An experienced coach doesn't run an entire second unit for half the year without a back up pg making a second year sf the sole creator for the unit. That's a massive mistake and part of our efficiency problems.

The lockout year counts as a season no matter how you wanna shake it. He gained experience. He might not have had a full 82 but at the end of the day it's counted as a season in the record books. You wanna get into the semantics of full 82 vs the shortened season go for it but if we won a ring I bet you wouldn't lining up to discredit the year.

And yes saying dick riding is a childish comment goose. Malone has been struggled early with the kings but part of that was a lack of talent and immature players. However, he's gotten the team playing very good since the Gay trade and has Gay playing efficient offense (something no one expected) as well as boogie having a breakout year. And going back to the quote you took of mine from the past I also clearly state I wanted Jeff Van Gundy.

Monta is beast
02-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I want phil jackson. Lacob like big splashes, plus we have jerry west.

TrueFan420
02-15-2014, 05:53 PM
I want phil jackson. Lacob like big splashes, plus we have jerry west.

Phil is too old and honestly don't see him returning to coaching other than maybe the lakers but not with where they're headed. Could def see him trying to take more of a GM front office role tho.

JEDean89
02-15-2014, 09:38 PM
as a nuggets fan, i am quite pleased that the warriors are on the verge of missing the playoffs. as a question to warriors fans, are you happy with Iggy and the amount he is being played? his FT% is disgraceful for a wing, his PER is below average and he isn't even scoring 10 points a game. do you guys think his defense justifies his awful offense?

COOLbeans
02-16-2014, 06:31 PM
This. Landry coming back would be huge.

Well said.

Agreed.

:facepalm:

Jarett Jack not Mrk Jackson

WARRIORS@GR
02-16-2014, 07:41 PM
as a nuggets fan, i am quite pleased that the warriors are on the verge of missing the playoffs. as a question to warriors fans, are you happy with Iggy and the amount he is being played? his FT% is disgraceful for a wing, his PER is below average and he isn't even scoring 10 points a game. do you guys think his defense justifies his awful offense?Our starting lineup is top 5 on offense and defense with Iggy in it.You should know the guy does not care about his numbers,he is the absolute team-first player.That said,he could've done better,but he is still an improvement,and a nice addition.you have to take into account his injury too,it has definitely slowed him down.

ThaDubs
02-16-2014, 07:56 PM
The Warriors record with #fullsquad is still elite % wise. We've just been getting boned by injuries.

lol, please
02-16-2014, 09:34 PM
as a nuggets fan, i am quite pleased that the warriors are on the verge of missing the playoffs. as a question to warriors fans, are you happy with Iggy and the amount he is being played? his FT% is disgraceful for a wing, his PER is below average and he isn't even scoring 10 points a game. do you guys think his defense justifies his awful offense?
:laugh: :laugh:

Jarett Jack not Mrk Jackson
Sorry.

The Warriors record with #fullsquad is still elite % wise. We've just been getting boned by injuries.
This.

Monta is beast
02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Our starting lineup is the best in the nba. Barnes is now transitioning int what we thought he would be. Iguodala hasn't played the same since comming back from that hamstring injury, hopefully the all star break gives him time to get healthy. Ezeli coming back will beh uge, our defense drops significantly when boguts out. So to that nuggets fan, hows it feel to have a team that wont be in the playoffs for the next 5 years in the west.

Monta is beast
02-16-2014, 10:24 PM
For people who dont like to read

Best starting five

Worst bench

Bench is starting to play better and getting healthy and were going to add someone at the deadline = scary team

Monta is beast
02-16-2014, 10:26 PM
So suck a clique jigga

lol, please
02-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Our starting lineup is the best in the nba. Barnes is now transitioning int what we thought he would be. Iguodala hasn't played the same since comming back from that hamstring injury, hopefully the all star break gives him time to get healthy. Ezeli coming back will beh uge, our defense drops significantly when boguts out. So to that nuggets fan, hows it feel to have a team that wont be in the playoffs for the next 5 years in the west.
Well said. Tell em Mibs!