PDA

View Full Version : ABC tv schedule is awful.!! smh

LOOTERX9
02-09-2014, 07:58 AM
This season's ABC tv schedule has been embarrassingly bad for the nba. These games are meant to showcase the nba product to the masses but it has flopped hard so far. ABC/nba keeps putting the lakers on no matter what. And its killing the abc national game. The lakers are horrible to watch. And so are the knicks who are playing on abc later today.And The bulls are boring to watch with no rose. And they play lakers today.smh ABC has bad luck this year. These games would be bad nba tv games to watch lol

bluefire7002
02-09-2014, 08:06 AM
Pretty sure the schedule's were made in the summer when everyone was thought to be healthy...
So later today it would of been Lakers vs Bulls with a presumed healthy Kobe vs Rose.

dalton749
02-09-2014, 08:30 AM
and the raps still cant get a game on lol

jimm120
02-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Raps will start losing and ever miss the playoffs or be below
500 by seasons end.

LOOTERX9
02-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Id rather wath raptors over 3 of the 4 teams playing today on abc. Only good team playing is okc. Atleast we get to see melo and durant go at it though

ManRam
02-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I believe their schedule is set in stone long before the season starts.

It ain't gonna get better.

Sun, Feb 9
New York @ Oklahoma City 1:00 pm
Chicago @ L.A. Lakers 3:30 pm

Sun, Feb 23
L.A. Clippers @ Oklahoma City 1:00 pm
Chicago @ Miami 3:30 pm

Sun, Mar 2
New York @ Chicago 1:00 pm

Sun, Mar 9
Miami @ Chicago 1:00 pm
Oklahoma City @ L.A. Lakers 3:30 pm

Sun, Mar 16
Houston @ Miami 3:30 pm

Sun, Apr 6
New York @ Miami 1:00 pm
L.A. Lakers @ L.A. Clippers 3:30 pm

Sun, Apr 13
Chicago @ New York 1:00 pm

It really does suck...and it will continue to. You can squarely place that blame on the Knicks and Lakers.

jimm120
02-09-2014, 01:44 PM
At least NY is playing better, though. They seem to be on the up and they ALWAYS have a good March/April.

Slug3
02-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Kobe, Rose, NY starting out bad. These are all things the nba could not control. It would be cool if they could flex Sunday games though. The Raptors and Suns are a few teams that deserve to be shown more.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Kobe, Rose, NY starting out bad. These are all things the nba could not control. It would be cool if they could flex Sunday games though. The Raptors and Suns are a few teams that deserve to be shown more.

Most people realized the Knicks and Lakers were not going to be as good as last year, where neither were true contenders to begin with. Would be a safe guess that Chicago wasn't a top-2/3 team in the East too. Big markets are all they care about.

I'm sure the ratings are still great, so they don't care. Sucks for fans tho.

P&GRealist
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Kobe was supposed to be back from the Achilles injury by this time, but I feel he came back to quickly, which caused the knee injury.

Rose is just really ****** luck.

It's also the fact that the NBA has lost its excitement overall these days, and ESPN/ABC has never really lived up to how NBC was able to promote the NBA on the national platform.

I hate to tell you guys, but the product just isn't once it used to be. Too much flopping in today's games, players who lack personalities because they're spending the majority of their time on twitter, I mean there is no more suspense in the NBA anymore, everything has become so predictable.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Kobe was supposed to be back from the Achilles injury by this time, but I feel he came back to quickly, which caused the knee injury.

Rose is just really ****** luck.

It's also the fact that the NBA has lost its excitement overall these days, and ESPN/ABC has never really lived up to how NBC was able to promote the NBA on the national platform.

I hate to tell you guys, but the product just isn't once it used to be. Too much flopping in today's games, players who lack personalities because they're spending the majority of their time on twitter, I mean there is no more suspense in the NBA anymore, everything has become so predictable.

I don't think players using social media is anything but a good thing for popularity purposes.

P&GRealist
02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't think players using social media is anything but a good thing for popularity purposes.

IMO, it takes away the mystique of certain players. The game has become too much of everything outside of the game and not the actual game.
I don't know, just my viewpoint.

Something is definitely missing in today's NBA.

Teeboy1487
02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it should have been Indy/Orlando and maybe Sac/Was on ABC today :rolleyes:. The NBA was clearly counting on the fact the Knicks would be good after a successful season last season and Kobe/Rose being healthy. Injuries have hurt the NBA greatly this season.

I think the product as a whole is very weak this year. There are only a few teams I feel can win it all. The parity in the NBA is terrible. Adam Silver is a fool if he thinks the NBA can rival the NFL. It would be lucky to rival the MLB right now. Even Hockey is getting better.

As a fan of the Lakers, I'm shocked we have so many televised games. No Howard and Kobe coming off a major Achilles injury. The schedule makers should have been smarter. Big markets sells and all of them are weak right now which is also hurting the NBA.

Slug3
02-09-2014, 03:19 PM
IMO, it takes away the mystique of certain players. The game has become too much of everything outside of the game and not the actual game.

Well today's nba is for the offense to succeed. I mean you push a guy and it's a flagrant foul. 2 guys talking smack? Double Ts. We no longer get to watch the guys go at it angry at each other. I won't say the players are whimps, but the league is getting super soft. It even makes the stars flop like crazy now. And they all do it. Doesn't matter if it's Lebron looking like he got shot or Rose snapping his head back like he got smacked around. Very damn star has a way they flop and just about all refs fall for it.

SeoulBeatz
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
500 by seasons end.

True, but I'd rather watch them than the Knicks.

mjt20mik
02-09-2014, 03:42 PM
500 by seasons end.

haters gonna hate

ThuglifeJ
02-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I temp you to look at ESPNs final game of the season...

Spoiler - BUCKS HAWKS

ManRam
02-09-2014, 03:50 PM

The Lakers? ;)

It doesn't hurt that half of the game's starts are hurt right now.

As for parity, the league has never had it, nor will it ever. There are 5 guys on a court for one team at a time. One GREAT player is going to have a much huger impact that one player does in the NFL, MLB and the NHL. A star is going to have way more influence than a star in other sports. Players have so much more power, and that's always been the case.

The Lakers and Celtics have half of the championships ever. The C's won 9 of 10 championships in a 10 year span in the 60s. In the 80s it was Lakers or Celtics every year but two.

Let's not act like there are fewer true contenders than before, please.

And I think this year is as much of a tossup as recent years.

nickdymez
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Oh well.... Dont watch

LOOTERX9
02-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Well the west has better parity and their games are more fun to watch than the east. Biggest problem is the rules such as ticky tac fouls. Its horrid

JordansBulls
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I believe their schedule is set in stone long before the season starts.

It ain't gonna get better.

Sun, Feb 9
New York @ Oklahoma City 1:00 pm
Chicago @ L.A. Lakers 3:30 pm

Sun, Feb 23
L.A. Clippers @ Oklahoma City 1:00 pm
Chicago @ Miami 3:30 pm

Sun, Mar 2
New York @ Chicago 1:00 pm

Sun, Mar 9
Miami @ Chicago 1:00 pm
Oklahoma City @ L.A. Lakers 3:30 pm

Sun, Mar 16
Houston @ Miami 3:30 pm

Sun, Apr 6
New York @ Miami 1:00 pm
L.A. Lakers @ L.A. Clippers 3:30 pm

Sun, Apr 13
Chicago @ New York 1:00 pm

It really does suck...and it will continue to. You can squarely place that blame on the Knicks and Lakers.

Houston and Miami is about the only one that may be decent for good teams.

Damon Love
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Most people realized the Knicks and Lakers were not going to be as good as last year, where neither were true contenders to begin with. Would be a safe guess that Chicago wasn't a top-2/3 team in the East too. Big markets are all they care about.

I'm sure the ratings are still great, so they don't care. Sucks for fans tho.

Kobe and Rose are box office and that's all that matters. If they put the Suns vs. Raptors no one would watch.

Teeboy1487
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
]Well the west has better parity and their games are more fun to watch than the east[/B]. Biggest problem is the rules such as ticky tac fouls. Its horrid
What I would like is to see more teams have a shot at winning it all. I would like to see a team like GSW win one year or Portland. The East is so bad.

BHF
02-09-2014, 05:29 PM
and the raps still cant get a game on lol

:facepalm: even if the raps decide to tank they will have a better record than the Knicks

bucketss
02-09-2014, 05:58 PM
500 by seasons end.

Lolllll you wish.

Max.This
02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Lolllll you wish.

What do raptor fans want for their team this season. It seems that they are going to make the playoffs, but do fans really want that? If i was a raps fan i'd want my team to tank hard this season especially if im a toronto native i'd want a shot at wiggins.

ManRam
02-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Kobe and Rose are box office and that's all that matters. If they put the Suns vs. Raptors no one would watch.

No one is saying they should.

I understand WHY those three teams get the slots, I just REALLY hope it backfires. Hope ratings bomb. Maybe the NBA should be flexible with these games down the road. Because this is bad. There's maybe one game there that's interesting.

Golden State would be nice to see. Indy? Even San Antonio. I know that ratings are all that matters, so yeah, I hope the ratings suck.

These games are a joke, period.

bucketss
02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
What do raptor fans want for their team this season. It seems that they are going to make the playoffs, but do fans really want that? If i was a raps fan i'd want my team to tank hard this season especially if im a toronto native i'd want a shot at wiggins.

its too late for tanking now.