PDA

View Full Version : Tobias Harris game winning dunk vs Thunder.

ThuglifeJ
02-09-2014, 01:46 AM
To anyone who hasn't seen this...watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlwKlAq7zxQ

So much was strange about this. Execution on both teams.

1. I can't believe Harkless made that pass when there was 1 second left, you think he'd try to score

2. Why did Durant decide to just watch everyone run when he could have stopped the play (same with Reggie Jackson's hesitance)

3. Why would Orlando not foul, 5 seconds is not much to work with

4. Durant had a couple more seconds to waste

5. You'd think they'd instantly call a timeout after rebound, surprised and impressed they acted so quickly to get out on a break

just a crazy ending

Drummond#1
02-09-2014, 02:14 AM
They need to build on Oladipo, Vucevic and Harris. If they get a top three pick they should go for Wiggins or Parker:

Oladipo
Afflalo
Wiggins/Parker
Harris
Nikola

Or trade Afflalo and go with:

Exum
Oladipo
Harris
Harkless
Vucevic

Either way this team is going to be fun to watch in the future.

PurpleLynch
02-09-2014, 10:45 AM
It was awesome and strange at the same time.And yes,if the Magic FO doesn't want to screw up,they have to build around Oladipo-Vucevic-Harris.If they take a good pick from the draft they'll have a good core.So Parker,Smart or Exum for them

ManRam
02-09-2014, 12:26 PM
They need to build on Oladipo, Vucevic and Harris. If they get a top three pick they should go for Wiggins or Parker:

Oladipo
Afflalo
Wiggins/Parker
Harris
Nikola

Or trade Afflalo and go with:

Exum
Oladipo
Harris
Harkless
Vucevic

Either way this team is going to be fun to watch in the future.

I'm not in love with either Harris or Harkless at the 4. Harris can pull it off, but he's been better as a 3 (despite his inability to hit the 3 shot this year)...Harkless absolutely can't. There are still some holes and some compatibility issues, but we're still early in the rebuild and that sort of stuff can be figured out later.

As for the play...

1. I was yelling at him when he did it, luckily worked out. Harkless has been a little shy offensively this year. Defensively the upside is amazing. We stuck him on KD in the 4th and KD was trash. Missed shot after shot.

2. No idea. KD looked to be the only other guy who could stop it when Dipo grabbed it, but never even made the picture at the end.

3. KD had the ball. I'd rather play defense than give KD two free points. It is close though. Extending the game against the Thunder is an iffy call too. Get a stop (something they had been doing) and all you need is a 2. 5 seconds isn't a ton, but they did have a timeout too. It worked, so whatever.

4. Vintage hero ball. It was a terrible shot, and again good defense on him. Harkless got over the screen and Vucevic stepped out to help. It was as predictable as it gets. I mean, Moe was just looking behind him the whole possession to see where the screen was coming from and Vucevic didn't even bother guarding his man. Hero ball.

5. Oladipo got the rebound nearly at half court with Harkless ahead of him. Lamb was the only guy in the play. He stepped out to play Dipo, Dipo kicked it to Harkless and Harris beat everyone else down the court for the easy dunk. It was a two on one with momentum carrying Oladipo forward. You absolutely just stop that play with a timeout. Essentially, they didn't have to act to get the break going, because once the rebound was grabbed it was already in motion. Reggie tried to make a play on Harris, but was just late. He was flying down the court tho, unlike KD who flat out gave up, but probably was the only guy who could have beat Tobias.

Here's a crappy picture of how the play started. You can see how easily it opened up. Oladipo is already running in the right direction to grab that loose ball, and Harkless is flying down court too. Lamb releases with Harkless, but no one else gets in the play.

http://i60.tinypic.com/sgq0dk.png

In the replays you can see that KD didn't ever even cross half court. That's embarassing.

b@llhog24
02-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Tobias Harris>KD.

*Superman*
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
To anyone who hasn't seen this...watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlwKlAq7zxQ

So much was strange about this. Execution on both teams.

1. I can't believe Harkless made that pass when there was 1 second left, you think he'd try to score

2. Why did Durant decide to just watch everyone run when he could have stopped the play (same with Reggie Jackson's hesitance)

3. Why would Orlando not foul, 5 seconds is not much to work with

4. Durant had a couple more seconds to waste

5. You'd think they'd instantly call a timeout after rebound, surprised and impressed they acted so quickly to get out on a break

just a crazy ending

Haha, that was one of the funniest parts of the plays to me. Obviously it became the right decision, but in a two on one you'd think he'd go up strong and take it himself. He just doesn't have a scoring mentality. If you put Harkless in that situation, 10/10 times he passes it off.

Also I think they didn't call a TO because they had none left, IIRC.

NYMetros
02-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Harkless had zero idea on how much time was left/game situation. I don't think he figured out they won until everyone started running onto the court.

ThuglifeJ
02-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Haha he didnt, he ran back on D after the dunk.

I just remember everyone I was watching the game with yelled 'SHOOT IT' at the same time when Harkless got the pass. He could have easily been the laughing stock on not top 10s for days if the time expired. So risky