PDA

View Full Version : “Man. F------ hate the 5. That it? I hate the 5. Now I am done." - KG

Chronz
02-07-2014, 08:28 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-yorkbrooklyn-nets&id=16002&city=newyork&src=desktop&wjb

Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd said center Kevin Garnett will “most likely not” play in Friday night’s game against the Detroit Pistons.

Kidd’s inclination is to rest the 37-year-old veteran in the second game of a back-to-back set in order to conserve Garnett, who played just 18 minutes in Thursday night’s 103-89 victory over the San Antonio Spurs, scoring eight points and grabbing nine rebounds.

Asked about his comfort playing center, Garnett, who has made known his dislike for the position, joked, “Another question, man. F------ hate the 5. That it? I hate the 5. Now I am done.”

Now it could be a team makeup type thing, but it seems to me KG is at his best at the 5 these days. But what do you make of KG's insistence on wanting to play the 4?

NBA_Starter
02-07-2014, 08:57 PM
That is just KG being KG .:laugh:

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 09:02 PM
he has always been a vagina to contact with anyone over 6'4". Probably hates playing center, just like LMA does now.

dee279
02-07-2014, 09:22 PM
He is a f_____ bish. That's it? A bish man. Now I am done.

hugepatsfan
02-07-2014, 09:53 PM
He's always made it known he hates it but he sucks it up on the court. Like Chronz has said though he has played it well since he's been moved there for most of the last few years of his career. It's not like he bails on the team.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 11:33 PM
He's always made it known he hates it but he sucks it up on the court. Like Chronz has said though he has played it well since he's been moved there for most of the last few years of his career. It's not like he bails on the team.

some of your super tall PF's (KG, Gasol, recently), move to center later in their career and flourish.

asandhu23
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Garnett era is over.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2014, 01:12 AM
he has always been a vagina to contact with anyone over 6'4". Probably hates playing center, just like LMA does now.

But you can't tell me he didn't go to war against the Admiral and Duncan with Nesterovich as his sidekick, and in some of those games, he outplayed both. Granted David wasn't David anymore, but he was still a 20, 10 guy. Nobody not named Shaq played better against the Twin towers than Grizza.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2014, 02:51 AM
But you can't tell me he didn't go to war against the Admiral and Duncan with Nesterovich as his sidekick, and in some of those games, he outplayed both. Granted David wasn't David anymore, but he was still a 20, 10 guy. Nobody not named Shaq played better against the Twin towers than Grizza.

look, I LOVED KG in Minny, but the dude was always afraid of contact. Period.

jayjay33
02-08-2014, 03:28 AM

I completely disagree with that. And I really think that's a little bit silly. Now he definitely never liked contact. But he was never afraid of it. I'm thinking more like Floyd Mayweather. He's not afraid to get hit, but he would definitely like to avoid it as much as possible. Lmao

Goose17
02-08-2014, 07:20 AM
People are still talking about this has-been?

ichitownclowni
02-08-2014, 07:24 AM
People are still talking about this has-been?

Yea he is kinda a HOFer, he's sorta a big deal :facepalm:

Goose17
02-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Yea he is kinda a HOFer, he's sorta a big deal :facepalm:

I'll admit it was a troll post. Never liked the guy. Glad his career is coming to an end.

archdevil84
02-08-2014, 07:32 AM
fcking KG

DitchDat
02-08-2014, 08:42 AM
He never liked playing down there. He wants to roam.

Green_Monster
02-08-2014, 09:10 AM

Wrong.

I completely disagree with that. And I really think that's a little bit silly. Now he definitely never liked contact. But he was never afraid of it. I'm thinking more like Floyd Mayweather. He's not afraid to get hit, but he would definitely like to avoid it as much as possible. Lmao

I agree with this.

IndyRealist
02-08-2014, 01:00 PM
He doesn't really have the ability to play effectively at PF anymore. At C he's able to stretch the floor while still being able to body up and patrol the paint on D. PFs are too quick and have too much range for him anymore.

hugepatsfan
02-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Was he afraid or just not physically up to the task? He's a pretty lanky guy. Him going up against a lot of Cs is just a size mismatch (obviously not meaning height). Early in his career he even played some SF if I remember right so I'm not sure he's afraid of contact. He's just not big enough to physically hang with Cs that have size.

xxplayerxx23
02-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Wrong.

I agree with this.

He wasn't wrong. KG didn't like to bang with the big Cs don't blame him he's kinda skinny for that Position but he has played a ton better there last couple years although at this point he doesn't have a role

Green_Monster
02-08-2014, 01:51 PM
He wasn't wrong. KG didn't like to bang with the big Cs don't blame him he's kinda skinny for that Position but he has played a ton better there last couple years although at this point he doesn't have a role

Like jayjay33 said, he doesn't like contact, but he's not afraid of it.

Was he afraid or just not physically up to the task? He's a pretty lanky guy. Him going up against a lot of Cs is just a size mismatch (obviously not meaning height). Early in his career he even played some SF if I remember right so I'm not sure he's afraid of contact. He's just not big enough to physically hang with Cs that have size.

I agree with this, too.

Hulk6
02-08-2014, 02:03 PM
anyone who doesnt like KG never saw him play in minny... Dude is a top 10 PF all time

Goose17
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
anyone who doesnt like KG never saw him play in minny... Dude is a top 10 PF all time

Nothing to do with whether or not he's talented. Just him as a person and the way he plays, I dislike it.

xxplayerxx23
02-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Like jayjay33 said, he doesn't like contact, but he's not afraid of it.

I agree with this, too.

He shys away from it

Denver-boy
02-08-2014, 05:50 PM
why isnt Lopez playing the 5? make more sense. KG at PF, Pierce at SF, JJ at SG, Dwill at Pg, and let AK47 come off the bench.

NYMetros
02-08-2014, 06:36 PM
why isnt Lopez playing the 5? make more sense. KG at PF, Pierce at SF, JJ at SG, Dwill at Pg, and let AK47 come off the bench.

Lopez got injured a few months ago, done for the season.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2014, 06:55 PM

I will re-word it. KG could deal with a little contact, but always took fadeaways, and never really mixed it up physically like he should have. Now, did some of that have to do with his ability to age great? Sure, he never got hurt because he never played super physical, but the dude has always hated contact and tried to stay as far away from it as possible.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Wrong.

I agree with this.

I am a Wolves fan since 1989. I have seen KG play more than anyone probably. He ALWAYS shied away from contact. He doesn't like playing center because it forces him to have to use his body all night long, something he has never been a fan of.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2014, 06:58 PM

afraid may have been a strong word, I just think he wasn't physically up to it. He never played SF on the offensive end early in his career, but he was always a post player who ended up shooting a 15 footer somehow. It was always my gripe with him. That and he was allergic to game winning attempts for some reason in Minnesota for a period of time.

Hawkeye15
02-08-2014, 07:02 PM

I mean, he is for sure a top 4 PF ever, he just doesn't like to play center for the reasons I stated.

Duncan
Barkley
Malone/KG
Dirk