PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY: Anthony Davis replaces Kobe Bryant in All Star game

LTBaByyy
02-07-2014, 04:02 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/allstar/2014/02/07/anthony-davis-all-star-game-kobe-bryant-injury/5287507/

Well deserved! :clap:

But I feel bad for Conley, Dragic, Bledsoe, Ellis

They probably will never be all stars with the talent of guards in the West

DallasTrilla23
02-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Dragic deserved the last spot. He's carrying the Suns.

TimeForAHoliday
02-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Dragic deserved the last spot. He's carrying the Suns.Both were worthy candidates, but I think the all-star game being in NOLA led to AD being chosen by Silver.

LTBaByyy
02-07-2014, 04:09 PM
If Dragic didnt make the All Star team this year, not even as the replacement...

He probably never will, which is sad. His stats are crazy through the roof! Plus his team is a top 8 seed in very tough West

DreamShaker
02-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Had to with it being in his home arena. He deserves it.

DreamShaker
02-07-2014, 04:15 PM
If Dragic didnt make the All Star team this year, not even as the replacement...

He probably never will, which is sad. His stats are crazy through the roof! Plus his team is a top 8 seed in very tough West

Yeah. Tough luck. He has been awesome.

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 04:18 PM
BS...so if winning doesn't matter then why the hell did Tony Parker make it? Or Damian Lillard?

Stat padding on the worst teams in the league qualifies for being in the ASG smh.

And yes I'm bitter...

Stunner
02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Davis >>> Dragic

But yea congrats to the Chicago born product . Chicago has been putting out some great prospects .

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I mean, I can see how some might be pissed Dragic didn't make it. And in reality, Davis will make the next 10, so giving Dragic his one chance may have been more fair. But Davis has been a beast this year. He belongs there. He is a top 5-7 player this season.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Davis >>> Dragic

But yea congrats to the Chicago born product . Chicago has been putting out some great prospects .

haven't they always?

Lakers + Giants
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Well deserved. AD is one of my fav players to watch.

Stunner
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
haven't they always?

Lol yea we have but the last 7 years they have been turning them out with two more big men Chicago products in the NBA within the next 3 years .

2-ONE-5
02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Dragic deserves it but with it being in NO Davis is the right pick.

2-ONE-5
02-07-2014, 04:26 PM
BS...so if winning doesn't matter then why the hell did Tony Parker make it? Or Damian Lillard?

Stat padding on the worst teams in the league qualifies for being in the ASG smh.

And yes I'm bitter...

Davis isnt stat padding

slaker619
02-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Dragic tho, Davis already played for US too tho

TimeForAHoliday
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM

And yes I'm bitter...Stat padding? Da fuq?

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Stat padding? Da fuq?

What's the difference between stat padding and putting up great numbers while you team continues to lose and one of the worst teams in the league?

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 04:44 PM
What's the difference between stat padding and putting up great numbers while you team continues to lose and one of the worst teams in the league?

you can put up great numbers and be a great player on a bad team. The Pelicans have been killed by injuries, what the hell is Davis supposed to do about that?

Stunner
02-07-2014, 04:50 PM
you can put up great numbers and be a great player on a bad team. The Pelicans have been killed by injuries, what the hell is Davis supposed to do about that?

Example K Love

nickdymez
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Much deserved

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM

Suns have been killed by Bledsoe's injury as well and Bledsoe was more important to the Suns than any of the injured Pelicans were to the Pelicans.

And yet Dragic isn't using that excuse....

Injuries are a part of the game.

TimeForAHoliday
02-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Suns have been killed by Bledsoe's injury as well and Bledsoe was more important to the Suns than any of the injured Pelicans were to the Pelicans.

Injuries are a part of the game.So Ryan Anderson and Jrue weren't important? Are you on crack?

And besides you know this was coming. You really think Silver would have passed on the hometown hero doe?

dalton749
02-07-2014, 05:00 PM
get off dragics dick dude damn
20/10 with 3 blocks in his home arena is better than 20/6/3

Lakers + Giants
02-07-2014, 05:04 PM
AD is a stat stuffer, just like KL. Not a stat padder, huge difference.

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 05:12 PM
So Ryan Anderson and Jrue weren't important? Are you on crack?

And besides you know this was coming. You really think Silver would have passed on the hometown hero doe?

Read again and you will see that I said Eric Bledsoe is more important than HOFers Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson.

TimeForAHoliday
02-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Read again and you will see that I said Eric Bledsoe is more important than HOFers Jrue Holiday and Ryan Anderson.

You think Bledsoe's impact was greater than Jrue/Ryno/Jason Smith combined doe? :laugh::laugh:

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM

you have had one injury. One. One starting player, your second best player.

The Pelicans have had 8 games missed by Davis, 7 by Tyreke, 14 by Jrue Holiday, 25 by Ryan Anderson, and their energy backup center is gone for the year.

It's not like the Pelicans are the Bucks dude. They are a lot closer to Phoenix than Phoenix is to OKC for example.

I get your beef, just don't act like Davis has any control over his teams injuries, which are FAR greater than Phoenix's.

JeffG20
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM

You think Bledsoe's impact was greater than Jrue/Ryno/Jason Smith combined doe? :laugh::laugh:

Couldnt of been that huge of a loss as they didnt skip a beat after losing him lol. Hes so bitter. He was bitter after the hornets matched the offer for gordon as well.

ichitownclowni
02-07-2014, 05:27 PM
So Ryan Anderson and Jrue weren't important? Are you on crack?

And there goes all your credibility. Congratulations

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Oh shoot, Jason Smith? Damn I completely forgot about that BEAST of a player JASON SMITH!

Nevermind I take it all back, Davis absolutely deserves it if he was missing Jason Smith too! Holy crap, can't believe I forgot that Jason Smith was injured! How in the world did they not have a 2 hour segment on ESPN on Jason Smith's injury and how Davis has played so well without Smith?

Stupid ESPN haters only caring about the big market teams...

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Couldnt of been that huge of a loss as they didnt skip a beat after losing him lol. Hes so bitter. He was bitter after the hornets matched the offer for gordon as well.

Um you should read my first post in this thread...

And yea I still have a sweet spot for the Hornets matching Gordon's contract...thank god, how much of a disaster that would have been. Enjoy Eric Gordon :D

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Oh shoot, Jason Smith? Damn I completely forgot about that BEAST of a player JASON SMITH!

Nevermind I take it all back, Davis absolutely deserves it if he was missing Jason Smith too! Holy crap, can't believe I forgot that Jason Smith was injured! How in the world did they not have a 2 hour segment on ESPN on Jason Smith's injury and how Davis has played so well without Smith?

Stupid ESPN haters only caring about the big market teams...

you are missing the point dude. While Bledsoe is probably the best player of alllllll the guys listed, his individual impact does not touch losing 2 starters, and your energy big for huge stretches of time. Add Davis to the list as well, he missed time. Injuries are really never an excuse for a Suns team, they rarely have any.

DallasTrilla23
02-07-2014, 05:32 PM
get off dragics dick dude damn
20/10 with 3 blocks in his home arena is better than 20/6/3

He's putting up 20/6/3 while carrying a lottery team to a 29-20 record.

JeffG20
02-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Um you should read my first post in this thread...

And yea I still have a sweet spot for the Hornets matching Gordon's contract...thank god, how much of a disaster that would have been. Enjoy Eric Gordon :D

As a matter of fact I will...as I will enjoy seeing davis in the all star game

Avenged
02-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Well deserved. Top 10 player deserves a spot.

Stunner
02-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Suns bitter as ever

Stunner
02-07-2014, 05:59 PM
He's putting up 20/6/3 while carrying a lottery team to a 29-20 record.

Yea a team that lost it's lead guard when they were still over .500 lets not act like he was carrying them by himself since Game one .

Stunner
02-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Maybe if the Suns beat the Bulls he would have gotten in , Anthony Davis beat the bulls so he got in . Science

RaiderLakersA's
02-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Good move!!!

2-ONE-5
02-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Bledose is not more imporant than Holiday and Anderson

Kyben36
02-07-2014, 06:40 PM
good for him, but still feel bad for Cousins

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 07:05 PM
you are missing the point dude. While Bledsoe is probably the best player of alllllll the guys listed, his individual impact does not touch losing 2 starters, and your energy big for huge stretches of time. Add Davis to the list as well, he missed time. Injuries are really never an excuse for a Suns team, they rarely have any.
Here's what I don't get:

Lillard is statistically inferior to dragic but since his team has more wins, he makes it in. Alright, I'll buy that I guess. But when Davis is statistically superior to Dragic, the wins don't matter. Double standard much?

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Here's what I don't get:

Lillard is statistically inferior to dragic but since his team has more wins, he makes it in. Alright, I'll buy that I guess. But when Davis is statistically superior to Dragic, the wins don't matter. Double standard much?

Sure it is, and the all star team is full of doubles standards every year. Dragic is having a better individual season than Lillard. I don't dispute that. I am only here to argue who DESERVES the replacement spot out of all those who were left out.

beliges
02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Well deserved. The West is just too stacked with too many great teams and players. A few players were going to be left off.

Bruno
02-07-2014, 07:32 PM
the right pick was made. You can't be left off the all-star team if you're a favorite for the first team. Dragic has been better than lillard.

NBA_Starter
02-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Well deserved

AEWyatt7
02-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Should of been Dragic.....

AllDay28
02-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Suns fans are funny lol well deserved for Davis to make the team , just like Lilliard and Parker . Get over it , the coaches and commissioner have spoke !

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 09:01 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lillada01&y1=2014&p2=dragigo01&y2=2014&p3=parketo01&y3=2014

look, Dragic has been better than both Parker and Lillard. But you had to select the best player snubbed, and Davis was it.

Suns fans should have a beef, but not with this particular selection. It should be with the backup PG's that were selected.

Sports Illustrator
02-07-2014, 09:18 PM
I am not very surprised by the selection of AD. In fact, I am more surprised that he was not named the first time around but I am happy that he at least got his name called for the first all star game. I am expecting many more, as I believe he is a top 10 player in the league. Since his HS days, I have been warning many people that he was going to be a very special player in the league. This is only the beginning, expect to see many more accomplishments from AD.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM
I am not very surprised by the selection of AD. In fact, I am more surprised that he was not named the first time around but I am happy that he at least got his name called for the first all star game. I am expecting many more, as I believe he is a top 10 player in the league. Since his HS days, I have been warning many people that he was going to be a very special player in the league. This is only the beginning, expect to see many more accomplishments from AD.

maybe if we take him in the redraft again we will get some votes this time around...

MagicBucsSox
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Through the roof? He avg 20 6 &3. Great!

DallasTrilla23
02-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Did Paul ever come back from his injury? Maybe Dragic can replace him.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 09:26 PM

I read he returns this weekend.

MagicBucsSox
02-07-2014, 09:39 PM

No l, Cousins deserves it more than Dragic

2-ONE-5
02-07-2014, 10:30 PM
lol no he didnt ^

Duncan = Donkey
02-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Kind of expected.

Still dont know how that overrated Lillard got in though:pity:

Vinny642
02-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Still mad it took an injury replacement to have him on the team.

Six-8-TheWizard
02-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Cousins or Dragic should have got it. I can see why they gave it to Davis though considering it is in New Orleans