PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams , what happen ?

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Deron Williams use to be regarded as a top 3 PG but now you prob wouldn't consider him in the top 7 . Did everything go bad when he decided the Jazz weren't good enough for him or when he was injuried every month ? I prob think it's better to ship him to a team with no all star type player on their team like Orl , Mil , Cha or even to Dallas who are looking to making a push in Dirks last years . Try and get expiring a maybe a young player or pick this year and be done with him . Let Shaun be your future PG and try to get rid of those awful contracts . Paul will most likely be gone and KG will prob retire or ask for a trade . Next season go with the youth movement and hope Lopez can stay healthy and maybe deadline trade Joe Johnson to a contender since his contract will look less awful . BK should really think about trading him the next two weeks because he looks to be doing more harm than good .

COOLbeans
02-06-2014, 10:04 PM
i wonder if the Mavs would trade Monta Ellis for him

Bruno
02-06-2014, 10:11 PM
he's aging fast, which maybe suggests that he doesn't take care of his body or bust his *** in the off-season. he's always been a big build for his frame, and everyones explosiveness has gotta pay the piper eventually.

also, the young guards who passed him are better than he ever was. he was merited with top three at one point because the leagues PG crop was transitioning. some really great PGs have entered the league since 2007, 2008.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:18 PM
A couple of deals they should look at are

Cha : Gordon , Kemba ( homecoming for him ) for Williams

Orl : Nelson , Davis and Harkless for Williams

Dal : Calderon , Marion and two 1st rounders

Mil : Mayo , Butler , Rid , Udoh , 2015 1st top 5 protected for Williams , Teletovic and Evans

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:20 PM
i wonder if the Mavs would trade Monta Ellis for him

Ellis is playing well this year so I doubt it they would look to put them in the same backcourt.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:23 PM
he's aging fast, which maybe suggests that he doesn't take care of his body or bust his *** in the off-season. he's always been a big build for his frame, and everyones explosiveness has gotta pay the piper eventually.

also, the young guards who passed him are better than he ever was. he was merited with top three at one point because the leagues PG crop was transitioning. some really great PGs have entered the league since 2007, 2008.

Deron didn't really fall off till he left Utah and that was like 2011/12 right ? If Deron was the Deron of old he could easily be in the top 5 discussion . Most of the guards are good but not you know great most move up'd because the old ones fell off . I know I would take Utah Deron over Wall and Kyrie .

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Each season it looks like Deron was a product of Solan's system and with each injury he just looks not so wavy lol I really think he should consider losing some weight or change it into muscle so he can handle the pounding better . He's so fragile now

Duncan = Donkey
02-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Not even a top 10 PG anymore.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Deron Williams use to be regarded as a top 3 PG but now you prob wouldn't consider him in the top 7 . Did everything go bad when he decided the Jazz weren't good enough for him or when he was injuried every month ? I prob think it's better to ship him to a team with no all star type player on their team like Orl , Mil , Cha or even to Dallas who are looking to making a push in Dirks last years . Try and get expiring a maybe a young player or pick this year and be done with him . Let Shaun be your future PG and try to get rid of those awful contracts . Paul will most likely be gone and KG will prob retire or ask for a trade . Next season go with the youth movement and hope Lopez can stay healthy and maybe deadline trade Joe Johnson to a contender since his contract will look less awful . BK should really think about trading him the next two weeks because he looks to be doing more harm than good .

He doesnt have any value. the rest of the league has been watching him over the last few years. he is a shell of his former self.. doesnt he come off the bench now ? yes, yes he does lol.

In all seriousness though were talking about a player who made jerry sloan retire, has been out of shape, injury prone, and now just can not seem to play at the all star level he once did in utah. he really is a shell of his former self and I dont think there are many buyers looking to tarde for him.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 10:39 PM
I would take 15 other pg's over him right now. and im probably even missing a few. but off the top of my head I take all these guys over d.will.

cp3
westbrook
curry
dragic
t.parker
rondo
lillard
lawson
wall
lowry
irving
j.teague
i.thomas
mcw
rose (healthy)

GiantsSwaGG
02-06-2014, 10:40 PM
He took the money and ran... He never cared about basketball to begin with

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:43 PM
He doesnt have any value. the rest of the league has been watching him over the last few years. he is a shell of his former self.. doesnt he come off the bench now ? yes, yes he does lol.

Well he started tonight , I mean I think most of him not playing good is physical . Idk how his mind set is but he brought a lot of expectations on himself . He's still a top 15 PG prob and there are 30 teams so he could hold some value to the lower market teams . Nets just need to get a 1st since they don't have any or a young player for him and be happy .

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:45 PM
I would take 15 other pg's over him right now. and im probably even missing a few. but off the top of my head I take all these guys over d.will.

cp3
westbrook
curry
dragic
t.parker
rondo
lillard
lawson
wall
lowry
irving
j.teague
i.thomas
mcw
rose (healthy)

Replaced Bledsoe with Dragic since he's a SG but yea that's how far he's fell off . He's a borderline top 15 PG now with all of these Injuries and who else knows what .

Duncan = Donkey
02-06-2014, 10:46 PM

cp3
westbrook
curry
dragic
t.parker
rondo
lillard
lawson
wall
lowry
irving
j.teague
i.thomas
mcw
rose (healthy)

Conley
Bledsoe
Holiday

Damn not even a top 15 PG, now that I see all the other guys names together

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 10:46 PM
nah com'on homie. I had a thread made (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?853095-When-will-the-Nets-realize-Richard-Sherman-voice-Deron-Williams-is-a-mediocre-PG/page3) just for this. :pity:

Duncan = Donkey
02-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Replaced Bledsoe with Dragic since he's a SG but yea that's how far he's fell off . He's a borderline top 15 PG now with all of these Injuries and who else knows what .

Dragic is both a PG and SG.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:48 PM
He took the money and ran... He never cared about basketball to begin with

I wouldn't say that , he doesn't seem like the Bynum type . I think the constant injures are getting to him and the whole BK aurora is too much for him . I think he should have went home to Dallas maybe he needs to go there now .

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Dragic is both a PG and SG.

I know that but his main position is SG either way he can play both but better suited defense wise at the SG spot . That's why Bledsoe starts at the PG spot even though he started at SG at Kentucky lol

Bruno
02-06-2014, 10:55 PM
Deron didn't really fall off till he left Utah and that was like 2011/12 right ? If Deron was the Deron of old he could easily be in the top 5 discussion . Most of the guards are good but not you know great most move up'd because the old ones fell off . I know I would take Utah Deron over Wall and Kyrie .

Well I thought that too, but his huge second half last year lead to his highest WS/48 of his career for the season; that was immediately followed by getting knocked out of the first by that injured Bulls team. But I agree generally that Sloan was good for him and he was at his best in Utah. I'd probably take todays Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry over peak Deron, so yeah he'd be competitive for 5th in my book. that's not counting Rose though.

Duncan = Donkey
02-06-2014, 10:55 PM
I know that but his main position is SG either way he can play both but better suited defense wise at the SG spot . That's why Bledsoe starts at the PG spot even though he started at SG at Kentucky lol

Yeah thats true, just saying Dragic is also a better PG than Deron

shep33
02-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Sad to see. He was good in the 2nd half last year, but the bad games far surpass the good ones these days with Dwill.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Well he started tonight , I mean I think most of him not playing good is physical . Idk how his mind set is but he brought a lot of expectations on himself . He's still a top 15 PG prob and there are 30 teams so he could hold some value to the lower market teams . Nets just need to get a 1st since they don't have any or a young player for him and be happy .

he comes of the bench because he chooses too. He doesnt want to disrupt the chemistry because the nets are playing well. I was just kidding.

but what im not kidding about is the fact that th pg position is the most saturated position in the league. not many teams need a pg.

1. new york knicks. they dont have any picks and i doubt brooklyn wants to help their rivals
2. miami ? indiana ? d.will is a better pg than who those teams have starting. but those teams are contenders and really do no need d.will.
3. lakers.. marshal is emerging as a solid pg for them, and their pick is going to end up pretty dam high in a strong draft class. doubt they give it up for d.will. plus they still have servicable pg's in blake, marshal
4, would brooklyn want rubio ? meh
5, would brooklyn want lin ? double meh.

I dont see many teams in much need for a pg to give up a first rounder in a deep draft class.

Toronto - lowry
Philadelphia - mcw
Boston - rondo
Newyork ?
Cleveland - irving
Washington - wall
Indiana - hill
Miami - chalmers
Detroit - jennings
Milwaukee - knight
Charlotte - walker
Chicago - rose
Atlanta - teague
orlando -nelson, oladipo
Brooklyn – d.will

phx - dragic, bledso
la lakers - marshal-nash-blake ??
la clippers - paul
dallas - calderon
okc - westy
houston - lin ?
minnisota - rubio ?
portland - lillard
Golden state - curry
Sacramento - i.thomas
San antonio – t parker
Denver – Lawson
Utah – burks
Memphis – comely
New Orleans – holiday

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Conley
Bledsoe
Holiday

Damn not even a top 15 PG, now that I see all the other guys names together

I missed some big ones there. thanks, yea def not top 10 or 15 anymore.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Yea the Nets might not like it but you need to move Deron Williams for peanuts before the deadline . I mean who cares if it's for expiring's and two future picks . It's cap space and two picks you didn't have that they need .

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Yea the Nets might not like it but you need to move Deron Williams for peanuts before the deadline . I mean who cares if it's for expiring's and two future picks . It's cap space and two picks you didn't have that they need .

I'd make that Lin, Asik, 1st rd deal right now. Right now. Like the game don't even need to end, I'd pull it right now. Get them to add Monti and move on.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Man this is terrible , this reminds me of Tracy Mcgrady falling off , I'm sure BK could a package similar to what Hou got . I don't think his body is as damaged as Tracy was it just his contract is horrible .

Stunner
02-06-2014, 11:09 PM
I'd make that Lin, Asik, 1st rd deal right now. Right now. Like the game don't even need to end, I'd pull it right now. Get them to add Monti and move on.

Yea that would be a good deal for both sides , they really need to consider it . Deron would get a lil confidence boost being back home and not having to worry about carrying the load . In the off season he can can get his mind right and rebuild his body .

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Man this is terrible , this reminds me of Tracy Mcgrady falling off , I'm sure BK could a package similar to what Hou got . I don't think his body is as damaged as Tracy was it just his contract is horrible .

they can still get something for him. but it would be wise to let him get healthy, play some good games and bring his trade value up and then try to move him in the offseason.

I think brooklyn will wait and see what transpires with kg and pierce and then they will decide if they should blow the whole thing up or not.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Yea that would be a good deal for both sides , they really need to consider it . Deron would get a lil confidence boost being back home and not having to worry about carrying the load . In the off season he can can get his mind right and rebuild his body .

I keep calling him Casper cuz he keeps disappearing. Defensively, offensively. Just a sour puss on the court eversince he's gotten to the East.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 11:12 PM

great deal for both teams imo.

when lopez gets healthy they can try to move asik in the offseason. good to have asik though as insurance while lopez is out.

jmoney85
02-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah thats true, just saying Dragic is also a better PG than Deron

lmao

jmoney85
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
this thread is hilarious... he's not even playing THAT bad this season... the dude is still shooting 46% from the field and 40% from three... just because his ppg and apg are down doesn't mean he's in a freefall.. the guy has been hurt

Stunner
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
they can still get something for him. but it would be wise to let him get healthy, play some good games and bring his trade value up and then try to move him in the offseason.

I think brooklyn will wait and see what transpires with kg and pierce and then they will decide if they should blow the whole thing up or not.

But it's pretty much a given what's happening with Paul and KG . Paul will go somewhere for cheap prob to the Clippers and retire. KG will prob retire most likely or dealt to a contender for a low 1st round pick . Nets have enough body of work with Deron I feel to try and make a move and get a pick in one of the best drafts .

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
great deal for both teams imo.

when lopez gets healthy they can try to move asik in the offseason. good to have asik though as insurance while lopez is out.

I LOLS cuz it's like the Nets are trying to get a T-Mac or Amar'e Stoudamire situation on their roster, and those players play/played harded than Casper Williams does. :laugh2:

Stunner
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
this thread is hilarious... he's not even playing THAT bad this season... the dude is still shooting 46% from the field and 40% from three... just because his ppg and apg are down doesn't mean he's in a freefall.. the guy has been hurt

His stats are inflated because he hardly plays that why he's free falling

Stunner
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
I wonder if the Lakers would deal Pau and Nash for Deron

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 11:29 PM
His stats are inflated because he hardly plays that why he's free falling

he's playing against 2nd stringers or at the end of 4th qtrs. that's why his numbers are inflated. Plus Livingston masks his deficiencies.

eibbor
02-06-2014, 11:55 PM
The fact is he is just like Rose... They are both shooting guards that are too short, but are in a glorified roles and ****ed up by injuries and court placement. Both always were and always will be what ifs...

The Bulls and Nets, if they are smart, will eventually move on.

At least Chicago is unloading, or trying to. Nets will after this season.

jerellh528
02-06-2014, 11:57 PM
He's too fat. Relies on his handles too much but since he's slowed down he's not as effective. He needs to hit the gym lose like 25 lbs and evolve his game, he has too much skill to suck this bad right now.

RipCity32
02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
His contract is so massive still too.

Stunner
02-07-2014, 12:01 AM
The fact is he is just like Rose... They are both shooting guards that are too short, but are in a glorified roles and ****ed up by injuries and court placement. Both always were and always will be what ifs...

Don't agree with any of this at all because both players both proven to play at elite levels at the PG spot . It's more injuries keeping them from advancing in their careers . Rose will bounce back it's up to the bulls to find him some help to lessen the load of him .

eibbor
lmao

Dragic is absolutely better. Playing better... In better shape without taking injuries into it. Just better.

netsgiantsyanks

lol. shooting guards don't usually average 9 assists a game for their careers.

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Don't agree with any of this at all because both players both proven to play at elite levels at the PG spot . It's more injuries keeping them from advancing in their careers . Rose will bounce back it's up to the bulls to find him some help to lessen the load of him .

Neither have. Neither are going to 'bounce back.'

Again, both are undersized sg's trying to play pg while controlling the ball, with Rose being better, but neither being good enough.

Imagine having to go 5 minutes or more without a shot and keeping in rhythm.

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 12:06 AM

I don't think the Nets are smart enough to do it. And their GM is Billy King a league wide buffoon.

Here's what any logical GM would do. You're in deep w/ the cap. Get younger and get assets for the players that still have value. Deron Williams is a player who has a bit of value left before the end of his career. Maybe even Paul Pierce. But here's the thing. King likely doesn't move D-Will and does something stupid thinking they can make the NBA finals.

And when that happens, next season is going to be unforgiving. You don't know if Lopez can stay healthy, you have no back up plan. And worse is that Blatche is no longer going to be a minimum $$$ player. He's 20/5 6'10 versatile and they'll lose him. So a smart GM weighs all this, you have to do something. You don't have to blow it up, but acquire depth, get younger and set yourself up to keep worthy players. Like Mirza, like Blatche, like Livingston. You lose them you're cooked.

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:07 AM
lol. shooting guards don't usually average 9 assists a game for their careers.

They do when they are put in the wrong position and the other team only has to focus on them.

Of course everybody else is open.

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:12 AM
I don't think the Nets are smart enough to do it. And their GM is Billy King a league wide buffoon.

Here's what any logical GM would do. You're in deep w/ the cap. Get younger and get assets for the players that still have value. Deron Williams is a player who has a bit of value left before the end of his career. Maybe even Paul Pierce. But here's the thing. King likely doesn't move D-Will and does something stupid thinking they can make the NBA finals.

And when that happens, next season is going to be unforgiving. You don't know if Lopez can stay healthy, you have no back up plan. And worse is that Blatche is no longer going to be a minimum $$$ player. He's 20/5 6'10 versatile and they'll lose him. So a smart GM weighs all this, you have to do something. You don't have to blow it up, but acquire depth, get younger and set yourself up to keep worthy players. Like Mirza, like Blatche, like Livingston. You lose them you're cooked.

Appreciate someone thinking with their brain like this.

You gotta think long term, which Billy King apparently won't.

They went all in and it failed... You gotta move on no matter how long it takes. The fans deserve it.

Duncan = Donkey
02-07-2014, 12:13 AM
lmao

You think Deron is better than Dragic? holy **** your an idiot:laugh2: excuse the language

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 12:14 AM
You think Deron is better than Dragic? holy **** your an idiot:laugh2: excuse the language

don't excuse that language. Anyone that thinks that Deron is anywhere near the PG Dragic is doesn't know what they're talking about.

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:16 AM

He isn't injured all the time. If he is he plays through it.

Why be so negative? I'm not trying to piss ppl off here. Restart the Nets season with Dragic rather than Deron... Think about it...

I said he and Rose were basically sg's...

If you think Deron is better than him THIS seaon, you, my friend, are that negative word you called me.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 12:16 AM
he was always out of shape in college, and got into as good of shape as possible by year 2 in the NBA. I think he has taken his nutrition/fitness level not as serious as his career grew. I also think that because he never possessed superior quickness, and he used hard crossovers to create distance, that his ankles/legs are just no longer explosive.

Bruno also touched on the PG position simply getting better. Paul has been the constant as the best, but there are simply PG's now that are better than anything Deron put up even when we were debating his place as a top 2-3 PG.

Long story short, the dude didn't have the physical makeup to last forever.

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:18 AM
don't excuse that language. Anyone that thinks that Deron is anywhere near the PG Dragic is doesn't know what they're talking about.

I used to just troll lol... Seems like speaking logic just gets worse responses lol

Duncan = Donkey
02-07-2014, 12:18 AM
He isn't injured all the time. If he is he plays through it.

Why be so negative? I'm not trying to piss ppl off here. Restart the Nets season with Dragic rather than Deron... Think about it...

I said he and Rose were basically sg's...

If you think Deron is better than him THIS seaon, you, my friend, are that negative word you called me.

Think you quoted the wrong guy

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Think you quoted the wrong guy

possibly lol

Not trying to be forum correct lol

Just stating my opinion

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 12:31 AM
I used to just troll lol... Seems like speaking logic just gets worse responses lol

I've found in all this time on PSD, the hardest thing to do for a fan is admit when your suppose to be "star player" is average. To quote Richard Sherman "mediocre". :laugh2:

eibbor
02-07-2014, 12:34 AM
I've found in all this time on PSD, the hardest thing to do for a fan is admit when your suppose to be "star player" is average. To quote Richard Sherman "mediocre". :laugh2:

I'm the best cornerback on PSD! Don't talk about me!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Boozer made him elite :laugh2:

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Boozer made him elite :laugh2:

you know what, I have to agree.

Bruno
02-07-2014, 01:50 AM
I wonder if the Lakers would deal Pau and Nash for Deron

interesting.

RipCity32
02-07-2014, 02:07 AM
Jennings and Smith for Williams?

Chill_Will_24
02-07-2014, 03:15 AM
No Jerry Sloan happened

shep33
02-07-2014, 03:30 AM
He's putting up Nash numbers from last year. The difference is Nash is like 97 years old.

Stunner
02-07-2014, 04:04 AM
interesting.

Yea BK would get cap space and playoff help

Shaun
JJ
Pierce
Pau
KG

Lol a bunch of old timers going out like gang busters .

Lakers get their starting PG

Chronz
02-07-2014, 04:13 AM
Long story short, the dude didn't have the physical makeup to last forever.
Which is ironic considering the best strength he had going for him in terms of longevity was his height and physical strength, 2 things which dont erode as you age, and yet here we are.

Duncan = Donkey
02-07-2014, 06:21 AM

This is so true, in Nash's last year in PHX i was so sensitive about anyone criticising Nash or even saying he had slowed down, i was in denial lol.

D-Leethal
02-07-2014, 10:24 AM
In it for the lifestyle, brah. I thought if anyone could light a fire under him it would be KG and PP. Deron just doesn't give a ****, doesn't take losing to heart, doesn't have the competitive juice. Suffers from Bynum syndrome.

Rockice_8
02-07-2014, 10:32 AM
FG and 3pt%'s are at or near a career high for him as well as career low TO's. Just cause he's not dropping 20 and 10 anymore doesn't mean he's still not a good player.

D-Leethal
02-07-2014, 11:01 AM
FG and 3pt%'s are at or near a career high for him as well as career low TO's. Just cause he's not dropping 20 and 10 anymore doesn't mean he's still not a good player.

Perfect example of "numbers lie". Deron's impact as an NBA basketball player is at a career low, I couldn't give two ***** if his shooting %s are at a career high. He doesn't turn the ball over because he's not a playmaker and doesn't do anything with it.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Which is ironic considering the best strength he had going for him in terms of longevity was his height and physical strength, 2 things which dont erode as you age, and yet here we are.

It isn't ironic when you consider he was a fatty in college, and obviously has not taken his nutrition/fitness level seriously. And as we both agree, those hard crossovers on that weight have probably diminished his explosive ability and caused injuries.

AddiX
02-07-2014, 12:47 PM
deron doesn't belong in the nba, he belongs in newark nj, with his greasy *** hair, single dad with a hatch back w some rims, rocking a bubble goose and some beat up lugz.

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Perfect example of "numbers lie". Deron's impact as an NBA basketball player is at a career low, I couldn't give two ***** if his shooting %s are at a career high. He doesn't turn the ball over because he's not a playmaker and doesn't do anything with it.

You know what's funny is that even w/ the injuries. Casper the friendly PG averages the most touches on the Brooklyn Nets. He also holds onto the ball an average 5.7 mins per game, ranked #1 on his team, #2 is Livingston at 4.2 mpg, Casper averages a 0.17 pts per touch, Livingston? 0.15, IDK about you, but I don't see a superstar PG there. I know @D-Leethal agrees w/ me on this one. Lets put the 0.17 pts per touch into perspective here, Ray Ray Donut *** Felton on my team averages 0.14 pts per touch, that's how bad Casper the friendly PG has been for Brooklyn. He's also the slowest PG on the Nets.

D-Leethal
02-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Is Deron Williams now a bottom 10 PG?

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Is Deron Williams now a bottom 10 PG?

Yes he is. He is so bad that DJ Augustin and him are neck and neck.

shep33
02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
He needs to drop like 10-15 lbs. Less stress on those ankles

tnewkirk
02-07-2014, 01:26 PM

nice sig, that looked real for a change lol.

Oldmantrash
02-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Williams was excellent the second half last season.
Not ready to give up on him yet.
He just has to get healthy.
If he never does, which is possible, then he's done as a top pg

LanceUpperCut
02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
I missed some big ones there. thanks, yea def not top 10 or 15 anymore.

I'd take Kemba over him anyday also.

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Williams was excellent the second half last season.
Not ready to give up on him yet.
He just has to get healthy.
If he never does, which is possible, then he's done as a top pg

how much more done does he have to be than that? You realize you're paying him 16 million dollars to perform like DJ Augustin?

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
I'd take Kemba over him anyday also.

Kemba is actually better.

colinskik
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
how much more done does he have to be than that? You realize you're paying him 16 million dollars to perform like DJ Augustin?

I think the poster told you how much more done he has to be ... if he doesn't pick it up the rest of this season.

I agree with the guy, Deron was a good PG the end of last year. Let him get back into the flow of his game and I think he'll be alright. Not a top tier PG but a good player on a team that is looking better everyday.

PLus, the money is a moot point. He's on the team and he's playing within the team concept AND they're winning.

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 03:09 PM
I think the poster told you how much more done he has to be ... if he doesn't pick it up the rest of this season.

I agree with the guy, Deron was a good PG the end of last year. Let him get back into the flow of his game and I think he'll be alright. Not a top tier PG but a good player on a team that is looking better everyday.

PLus, the money is a moot point. He's on the team and he's playing within the team concept AND they're winning.

And he's being paid 16 mil to be mediocre to horrible. He's not the guy he was. On top of that his contract will block them from doing what they have to do. There is a FA class in 2015. They can't get there if they are holding dead weight like Casper over there.

BoSox47
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Dragic is absolutely better. Playing better... In better shape without taking injuries into it. Just better.

id take dragic on my team before i took deron.

BoSox47
02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
derong williams has been shooting .425 since being traded to the nets. While he shows random spurts of decency he is just too out of shape and injured. Sad to see his career go down so quickly especially since he was so good in utah. But it would be hard to put him in the top 8 or so pgs in the league right now maybe even hard to put him in the top 10.

jmoney85
02-07-2014, 06:10 PM
the hilarity is hilariously hilarious in this thread

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-07-2014, 07:57 PM
deron doesn't belong in the nba, he belongs in newark nj, with his greasy *** hair, single dad with a hatch back w some rims, rocking a bubble goose and some beat up lugz.

:laugh:

bigsams50
02-07-2014, 08:09 PM
A couple of deals they should look at are

Cha : Gordon , Kemba ( homecoming for him ) for Williams

Orl : Nelson , Davis and Harkless for Williams

Dal : Calderon , Marion and two 1st rounders

Mil : Mayo , Butler , Rid , Udoh , 2015 1st top 5 protected for Williams , Teletovic and Evans

Why woudl Charlotte Trade Kemba for a washed up Williams?

NBA_Starter
02-07-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't think Williams is elite but I kind of don't understand piling on him like this.

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 10:52 PM
*push!*

Casper disappears again in Detroit. Not surprised. :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
02-07-2014, 11:01 PM

No one takes him seriously here. His basketball knowledge is on par with Anthony Randolph

GiantsSwaGG
02-07-2014, 11:02 PM
I still feel like Deron only played for a big payday!

GiantsSwaGG
02-07-2014, 11:04 PM
He needs to drop like 10-15 lbs. Less stress on those ankles

He's fat, not Raymond Felton fat but fat

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 11:06 PM
I still feel like Deron only played for a big payday!

I feel like homie CatFished the whole NBA. This ish is embarrassing how he's playing. This kat was once considered better than CP3 and better than his coach Jason Kidd. This dude is low end to mediocre. The definition of a dog.

Call him Casper Williams cuz he's a ghost on the court.

PraiseJesus
02-07-2014, 11:08 PM
DWill was always overrated just like Dwight

GiantsSwaGG
02-07-2014, 11:09 PM
I feel like homie CatFished the whole NBA. This ish is embarrassing how he's playing. This kat was once considered better than CP3 and better than his coach Jason Kidd. This dude is low end to mediocre. The definition of a dog.

Imma call him Casper "Only man rocking an S-Curl" Williams...

It was obvious after his fight with Sloan. Billy King was an idiot resigning him. The Mavs dodge a bullet by not signing Williams!

PraiseJesus
02-07-2014, 11:09 PM

People who know basketball, like me, knew Dwill was garbage all along.

Maybe if you fools stop hanging on to ESPN, Gatorade, and Nike marketing ploys you will learn something.

-see Dwight Howard

RipCity32
02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
DWill was always overrated just like Dwight

Nah, He was damn good in his Utah days.

GiantsSwaGG
02-07-2014, 11:12 PM
People who know basketball, like me, knew Dwill was garbage all along.

Maybe if you fools stop hanging on to ESPN, Gatorade, and Nike marketing ploys you will learn something.

-see Dwight Howard

It's sad that you can put Deron in the same sentence with Raymond Felton and actually have a legitment argument on one being better than the other this season!

KniCks4LiFe
02-07-2014, 11:18 PM
It's sad that you can put Deron in the same sentence with Raymond Felton and actually have a legitment argument who one being better than the other this season!

Oh that's real sad.

tr3ymill3r
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Even Jeremy Lin is out playing him and he comes off the bench.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Even Jeremy Lin is out playing him and he comes off the bench.

and gets benched whenever he gets in a hot streak. :laugh2: