PDA

View Full Version : Flopping Punishment...Fines???

AEWyatt7
02-06-2014, 09:13 PM
So we do fine for flopping. IMO I think it should change. Instead of fines. that's fine but why don't we take mins away from the game.

1st: a warning.
2nd: 5 mins off the court starting the next quarter or start of next game w/ Fine
3rd: sit out for first or second half w/ Fine
4th: 1 game suspension for each flop after that w/fine

This would make indivuals more responsible for their team play. This could also hurt their chances for other endorsements and stuff. It's just something I think will make players be more honest ya know.

Go ahead and start yelling and stuff but I think its a good idea.

beasted86
02-06-2014, 09:22 PM
If you are fine with this idea, then the NBA would look like total douchebags with screwed up values if they don't ramp up the punishment for other violations.

To make it clearer... flopping can't be where the NBA "takes a stand" and tries to make the punishment extra severe. If we are suspending players for flopping, we need to start handing out lifetime bans for guys who are caught drunk driving or are convicted in domestic violence disputes and so forth.

AEWyatt7
02-06-2014, 09:29 PM
If you are fine with this idea, then the NBA would look like total douchebags with screwed up values if they don't ramp up the punishment for other violations.

To make it clearer... flopping can't be where the NBA "takes a stand" and tries to make the punishment extra severe. If we are suspending players for flopping, we need to start handing out lifetime bans for guys who are caught drunk driving or are convicted in domestic violence disputes and so forth.

Great point. But im talking about the game not behavior.