PDA

View Full Version : NBA FINALS 2013-14: Clippers vs Heat?

kobe4thewinbang
02-06-2014, 08:44 PM
I remember a thread about champion picks for this season, but I don't see it anywhere. If it's still around, merge this into it. Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8IHadoWKJo

First Take was talking about it today after that close game. I generally agree with both Skip & Stephen A. There are too many variables in play that could keep both teams out of the Finals this season, but it would make for an exciting series. Personally, I would prefer to see some new teams playing for the title, e.g. OKC vs Indiana, especially with KD balling right now.

But what does everybody think? Who would you take?

I say Heat in 6, if Wade is healthy enough to contribute. I think Clippers put on a show for the fans, but like Stephen A. said, once the game slows down, Miami knows what to do and the Clippers are still semi-raw in that area.

xxplayerxx23
02-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Clips won't make it, Miami may but Indy is tough, if it happened id say Miami in 6 sounds about right

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure Miami has the fire left in their belly to get by Indy. The Heat were on the game as much as I've ever seen in the 1st quarter yesterday. Especially the King. He was firing the ball around the court like I've never seen. They couldn't close the deal until the end because the Clipps had a lot more heart. I doubt the Clippers get there, but that's just because I've been a fan for 18 years. The West is pretty wide open but I'd still put OKC, SAS at the top. I do think this is the matchup the league would like best.

NBA_Starter
02-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Anything could happen at this point but getting past the Thunder will be tough.

xxplayerxx23
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Miami played a top notch game vs ny last sat and agains the clippers there very tough to beat like that

jerellh528
02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Honestly think this is the year of Okc vs Indy

kobe4thewinbang
02-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Honestly think this is the year of Okc vs IndyWho would you take?

Dade County
02-07-2014, 01:47 AM
HEAT vs OKC, Houston or Spurs.

I can't really see any other matchup.

Yes, I know the league would love a west coast team to make the Final, since the HEAT championship opponents have been in the mid west. But I don't believe the Clips or golden state are strong enough teams to make it out of the west (unless the Clips can pull of a trade for Melo).