PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Report - LeBron James, future star of the Clippers?

kobe4thewinbang
02-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Article - http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/2/5/5382818/lebron-james-rumors-clippers-nba-free-agency-2014
First Take discussion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZVfqD-6N4

Plenty of other articles on this since yesterday, but what does everybody think about LeBron possibly doing this?

LBJ has two championships now, maybe 3 after this season, and D-Wade's health is a question, so might he go to the Clippers just to play with Chris Paul and put on a good show for the fans, now that he is not grumbling without a championship in Cleveland? He would easily sell out the STAPLES arena and without question LBJ draws in money and attention.

I know there are lots of people who hate these "super" teams. Would you dislike LeBron more if he went to LA and teamed up with Chris Paul, maybe even Blake Griffin, i.e. another "Big 3", to dominate the league? Also with Doc Rivers, they would be quite formidable.

I could see him joining the Clippers, and the Heat may very well take a backslide in years to come, like they did after winning with Shaq & D-Wade. I don't like these "super" teams much, but Clippers game would become more exciting than they are and it makes sense for LeBron to go there. With LBJ, they would be championship material since LBJ carried the Cavaliers to the Finals. Other teams people think he might join (Cavaliers, Bulls, Lakers) don't seem as likely to me, especially Cleveland though he might be the best way to turn around that mess of a team, despite "The Decision."

Let's try to keep this from becoming a toxic spat between Heat fans, LeBron fans and haters. But whatever happens!

jerellh528
02-06-2014, 08:02 PM
He'd better not, for the good of his legacy. It's already bad enough he joined one super team, but to leave them and join another when his current isn't so super anymore. Yikes. He should just stay in Miami.

Cal827
02-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Pretty Much all of ESPN's Future reports:

Lebron James, future star of the ___________?

Come to Toronto, we have Cap Space, and have Ross and Derozan to dunk the ball lol

On an honest point, I think it'll actually take a fair bit to get him to leave Miami, and if he does, it'll be to LA Lakers, to inherit the team from Bryant lol....Thought Cleveland initially in the year, but if you look at that ish now....

PraiseJesus
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Hes staying in Miami another 2 years

Stop with this nonsense

east fb knicks
02-06-2014, 08:25 PM
him and cp3 would be a bad fit but him on the warriors would be sick or the rockets but he is going to opt in and become a free agent in 2015 when a lot of other stars will be available and possibly bring in some star to play with him in mia

Bostonjorge
02-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Coward

Jamiecballer
02-06-2014, 08:29 PM
i think Lebron should only sign one year deals the rest of his career and try and win a championship in each city. would be sort of cool wouldn't it?

IKnowHoops
02-06-2014, 08:38 PM
i think Lebron should only sign one year deals the rest of his career and try and win a championship in each city. would be sort of cool wouldn't it?

I actually agree with this. It would be kinda cool to see him play with other players, blessing a different franchise every year, winning them a ring and then bouncing. I could see him going to the clippers only if CP3, Blake, and Jordan are all still there. If they have to trade Blake to get him, then it won't happen.

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2014, 09:47 PM
I actually think there is a better chance he joins the Lakers. I can't see a Blake for LeBron trade happening. The Clippers would try to get him and keep Blake and Miami would try to get more than Blake. He can sign outright with the Lakers. If he does leave Miami(which I dobut) I think he would go to the Lakers. People talk about his legacy. He has a chance to save the Lakers from one of the worst falls form grace in history. That window is only open this year. Don't think it will happen, but if he's in LA next season I think it will be in Laker gear. I think when his contract runs out he may end up a Clipper.

NBA_Starter
02-06-2014, 09:54 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Chris-Broussard-Sources.jpg

Slug3
02-06-2014, 09:54 PM
73 or so million dollars is what the clippers are on the line for next year. So he will go for the vet min? And why does everyone think he's just going to leave Wade? I use to think the Cavs were a liable option, but now I'm positive he just stays with Miami.

kobebabe
02-06-2014, 09:57 PM
He will remain with Miami for the sake of his sanity coz the world would chew him again if he left

beasted86
02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
And why would the HEAT sign and trade with the Clippers?

Aside from this... can anybody tell me the last time Pat Riley was left standing with rabbit ears when cap space rolled around? He's a buyer, not a seller. Even when its time to rebuild, he's not going to make a move like this.

goingfor28
02-06-2014, 10:02 PM
And why would the HEAT sign and trade with the Clippers?

Aside from this... can anybody tell me the last time Pat Riley was left standing with rabbit ears when cap space rolled around? He's a buyer, not a seller. Even when its time to rebuild, he's not going to make a move like this.

Why the hell is heat in all caps. Calm down there big guy

dhopisthename
02-06-2014, 10:08 PM
um from the salary cap faq

Starting in 2013-14, the team receiving the player cannot be above the "apron" ($4 million above the tax level) after the trade1, 2. A team above the apron can receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the trade reduces the team's payroll and the team finishes the trade below the apron

so how could he even go to the clippers unless they trade blake and some other pieces to the heat/another team

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2014, 10:11 PM
73 or so million dollars is what the clippers are on the line for next year. So he will go for the vet min? And why does everyone think he's just going to leave Wade? I use to think the Cavs were a liable option, but now I'm positive he just stays with Miami.I think it's pretty clear Miami and Wade probably don't have a long time left. It's worth discussing because a team like the Clippers is much younger. If there were a way for LeBron to play with CP3, Doc, Blake and DJ I think he would not matter how bad people would **** on him. It's not possible though. It's a fun topic IMO. I didn't want to start this thread yesterday. Started in the Clipper forum and got a whopping 1 response! It was real active day for that forum! It would have been pretty fun if this had been a running topic during the game yesterday since they were playing, defending each other(at least Blake on LBJ) and they basically played to a draw.

Bruno
02-06-2014, 10:14 PM
If LBJ wants to keep racking championships pairing up with Cp3 might be his best move. Wade isn't Wade anymore. While I trust in Riley to get the job done, his loyalty to Wade might not allow that to practically happen while LBJ is still young enough to put a team on his back.

LBJ should just try to see how many different teams he can win championships with. Shaq 2.0 in more ways than one.

Cracka2HI!
02-06-2014, 10:19 PM
um from the salary cap faq

Starting in 2013-14, the team receiving the player cannot be above the "apron" ($4 million above the tax level) after the trade1, 2. A team above the apron can receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the trade reduces the team's payroll and the team finishes the trade below the apron

so how could he even go to the clippers unless they trade blake and some other pieces to the heat/another team

Bosh likely opts out as well in this scenario, but I think you just pulled something .01% of the NBA forum knows!

JordansBulls
02-06-2014, 10:23 PM
He'd better not, for the good of his legacy. It's already bad enough he joined one super team, but to leave them and join another when his current isn't so super anymore. Yikes. He should just stay in Miami.

Good post!!

LJEATON26
02-06-2014, 10:25 PM
If lebron wants to win championships then he needs to request a trade to the thunder for Westbrook, an expiring and a couple picks. Playing with Durant he would get multiple championships and average a triple double for a season.

beasted86
02-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Why the hell is heat in all caps. Calm down there big guy

Why is HEAT in all lower case letters in your post?

It's funny how the team's name has always been the Miami HEAT, and is even spelled that way on their website, and even though no HEAT fans ever go around trying to correct other posters about the correct typing, still pretty much weekly somebody here tries to tell me how the team's name is supposed to be typed.

JdKing7
02-06-2014, 11:03 PM
If I were him (which I'm not), I would go to a team that I can individually turn the franchise around and make them contenders. This would be ideal for his legacy but some professional athletes don't really care about their legacy. However, I think Lebron is different, but he will go to the franchise with the best chance to add to his ring totals.

JdKing7
02-06-2014, 11:05 PM
If lebron wants to win championships then he needs to request a trade to the thunder for Westbrook, an expiring and a couple picks. Playing with Durant he would get multiple championships and average a triple double for a season.

That would be something to see.

Bruno
02-06-2014, 11:09 PM

Good post!!
I disagree guys. he already left, leaving again wouldn't make a difference. I think he should go with it and title hop. I think I'd respect him more if he just started signing one year deals, title bouncing year by year to teams that fit his game. that would create havoc on the yearly FA markets. imagine that.

he went the super team route early in his career, why can't he start the title hoping route too? he instantly makes half the league favorites, I think it'd be interesting.

koreancabbage
02-06-2014, 11:10 PM

yes cuz staying with one or two teams is the only thing to do to create a legacy.

His job isn't to stay with one team and win rings with them. his job is to win rings, period. and doing it as the main guy as well. The only reason why the team is "super" is because he makes it super. not because he joined a "super team" to begin with.

Animosity
02-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Any blemish on his "legacy" he did on his own. He cannot fix the past but what he can do is not repeat mistakes. If he stays with the Heat or goes somewhere else what ever. As long as he is up front and doesn't make a mockery of it I don't think anyone would mind if he switched teams. Still feel bad for Cleveland Fans for The Decision.

Baller1
02-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes please, then I'd get to watch him play live whenever I wanted.

Dade County
02-07-2014, 01:53 AM
Why the hell is HEAT in all caps. Calm down there big guy

:laugh2:

majmarcus
02-07-2014, 02:14 AM

I couldn't help but laugh at this

Chi~TwnHawksFan
02-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Its Cleveland or Miami.
My former teacher from high school is his wife's fathers friend.

numba1CHANGsta
02-07-2014, 02:59 AM
CLE-no chance, team is a mess

MIA-I don't see him returning since Bosh will leave and Wade is getting up there in age as well as most of the team

CHI-Rose/Boozer/Noah still under contract, can't afford LeBron unless sign&trade but I can't see MIA wanting Boozer, an injured Rose, or Noah who wouldn't be enough

NY-Even if Melo left, they have too many players with big contracts: Amare/Chanlder/Bargnani, none would interest MIA

BKN-too many players with big contracts: JJ/Deron/Lopez/KG, I can't see MIA wanting any of those players, KG-old, Deron-3 yrs remaining on contract, JJ-wouldnt work especially if Wade re-signs, Lopez-good piece, but no other good players to make the trade work

LAC-ONLY way is if they do a LBJ for BG trade, IMO they will keep Griffin, he's only 24, LeBron will be 30

LAL-depending if the Lakers get a really good draft pick and who will be coaching the team

DAL(Sleeper Team)-depending how how much they re-sign Dirk

It's hard to say because a lot of things would have to happen (whether or not the Heat win another title, what happens in the draft, where Bosh/Wade/Melo sign, etc.) I think all of these teams have an even chance (other than CLE), but expect all of these teams to be in the running. If BKN had the space, he would go there 100% guarantee, but we'll see get ready for The Decision Part Deux!

Projection: Wade(MIA), Bosh(DAL), Melo(NY/LAL), LeBron(???)

tmacsc2
02-07-2014, 03:02 AM
If he wants to truly cement his legacy, wait until seattle gets a franchise and revive it to a championship within 3 years. That would be AWESOME!

sunsfan88
02-07-2014, 07:03 AM
He's not leaving Miami. He isn't a ring whore...he didn't leave Cleveland because he wants to join superstar players...he left Cleveland because they have a terrible FO that couldn't put NBA quality players around him.

Anyone who thinks he's leaving Miami is gonna be very disappointed.

numba1CHANGsta
02-07-2014, 07:19 AM
He's not leaving Miami. He is a ring whore...he didn't leave Cleveland because he wants to join superstar players...he left Cleveland because they have a terrible FO that couldn't put NBA quality players around him.

Fixed ;)

If LeBron wasn't a ring whore, then he wouldn't sign to a team with 2 all-star players. I would have given LeBron respect if he did it with just one of those two guys, but you put 3 legit all-star players together in the same team then of course you're going to win championships.

BTW, the Heat won a championship on a shorten season and the 2nd one was thanks to Ray Allen

KnicksorBust
02-07-2014, 08:27 AM
After this season the answer to this will be a lot more clear. If Wade breaks down and they lose to the Pacers, maybe he bolts. More likely, I see them winning another championship and how do you leave a team after a 3-peat?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-07-2014, 09:43 AM
He's not leaving Miami. He isn't a ring whore...he didn't leave Cleveland because he wants to join superstar players...he left Cleveland because they have a terrible FO that couldn't put NBA quality players around him.

This. I give it at most 10% chance he leaves. I think the 2014-2015 heat team will be even better than this years or last 2 title teams. I think all 3 will opt out and resign a deal that gives Riley ample room to add another quality player, along with retaining Chalmers, Allen, Battier, Oden

dalton749
02-07-2014, 09:53 AM
lebron is coming to toronto
thats his legacy

D-Leethal
02-07-2014, 10:27 AM
I saw a quote saying LeBron is looking at FA like he has 30 teams to choose from - but how exactly? Does he have a wink wink deal with Riley since he came to MIA Riley will send him anywhere he wants in a S & T after his contract is up? Thats the only way he could truly have 30 teams to choose from.

ATX
02-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Fixed ;)

If LeBron wasn't a ring whore, then he wouldn't sign to a team with 2 all-star players. I would have given LeBron respect if he did it with just one of those two guys, but you put 3 legit all-star players together in the same team then of course you're going to win championships.

BTW, the Heat won a championship on a shorten season and the 2nd one was thanks to Ray Allen

This is small minded idiocy. This has been rehashed a billion times and isn't worth rehashing anymore...But yes, it is an incredibly narrow minded way to view this. Rings are rings, it's a team effort, and most championship teams are stacked with talent. How many times has Fisher or Horry bailed out the Lakers. They wouldn't have even been in a position to win if Kobe hadn't done most of the heavy lifting all game just as an example. The Spurs had Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and one of the all time great head coaches. Jordan had Pippen, Rodman and perhaps the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson, Bird had Parish, Ainge, and McHale, Kobe had Shaq, Magic had Kareem and Worthy...Biased and ignorant. ...And in the shortened season every team had to win 16 playoff games just like Miami did.

cdnsportsfan
02-07-2014, 10:48 AM
What about Wade just flat out retiring after this season, what do you all feel are the odds of that happening? With injury concerns really ramping up this season, if the HEAT (there, used proper spelling!) should pull off a 3-peat would Wade retire on top with the team he's played for throughout his entire career? If Bosh still bolts you have the chance to build a new team of stars around LeBron. As some have said earlier in this thread Riley is not afraid to spend when necessary.

I'd say this scenario is about as realistic as most of the 'LeBron will go here!' speculation anyways.

2-ONE-5
02-07-2014, 10:54 AM
this is 100% speculation and the dude even said it this morning on SC

J_M_B
02-07-2014, 11:04 AM
I can't see LeBron leaving an organization that has as much stability as the Spurs, from top to bottom. From the owner and front office to the coaching staff.

Why he would rather play for an owner like Sterling, who mind you is paying the luxury tax for the first time ever, over Arison is beyond me.

koreancabbage
02-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Fixed ;)

Narrow minded way of looking at things:

first question: who doesn't want to win rings? That's what you play for at the end of the day.

second question: have the two other allstars played at an all-star level? Lebron was never the second fiddle in the championship years he's won in.

Wade has missed a ton of games and you don't know which version of Wade you're gonna get each game.
Bosh has not played like a worthy all-star selection. let alone score anything in game 7.
they don't seem like legit all-stars.

Question 3: do you think the Cavs front office is any good. your likely answer is no. What would you do in Lebron's case. Riley comes to you, and says he has a plan to get you, Bosh and Wade on the same team. and you would ask how? well 4 years later, you already know the answer to that. I'm sure of the Cavs GM or front office was smart and diligent, they would have tried to do the same thing.

True Sports Fan
02-07-2014, 11:27 AM
The King himself should play with the Kings :D

Pierzynski4Prez
02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
What about Wade just flat out retiring after this season, what do you all feel are the odds of that happening? With injury concerns really ramping up this season, if the HEAT (there, used proper spelling!) should pull off a 3-peat would Wade retire on top with the team he's played for throughout his entire career? If Bosh still bolts you have the chance to build a new team of stars around LeBron. As some have said earlier in this thread Riley is not afraid to spend when necessary.

I'd say this scenario is about as realistic as most of the 'LeBron will go here!' speculation anyways.

None.

P&GRealist
02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
He should stay loyal for once in his career, and that may be asking too much of someone like him or who is so individually-brand driven rather than franchise driven, but I mean look at what Riley and the Heat did for his career. He would still be ring less if they didn't bring him to Miami.

Big Zo
02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Fixed ;)

I'd give you respect if you weren't a fan of teams in different cities, that just happen to be amongst the most popular amongst their respective sports. Be a man, and become a Lions, Pelicans, Astros, etc. fan...

P&GRealist
02-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I'd give you respect if you weren't a fan of teams in different cities, that just happen to be amongst the most popular amongst their respective sports. Be a man, and become a Lions, Pelicans, Astros, etc. fan...

Good job of staying on topic young lad.

Big Zo
02-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Good job of staying on topic young lad.

Yes. It was. :)

astrosmaniac
02-07-2014, 01:18 PM
He should stay loyal for once in his career, and that may be asking too much of someone like him or who is so individually-brand driven rather than franchise driven, but I mean look at what Riley and the Heat did for his career. He would still be ring less if they didn't bring him to Miami.

He did stay loyal to Cleveland. He signed a max extension after his rookie contract. He gave them 7 damn years and did as much as anyone could to elevate that poor level of talent around him to the finals. Unless he wanted to go down as the Marino of the NBA, he had to leave.

The only thing i blame him for is "the decision". Don't turn it into some media circus. Just choose.

EL_MACHETE
02-07-2014, 02:18 PM
I know it probably wouldn't happen but it would be Awesome if Lebron join Durant and Westbrook in Okc

But in order that to happen..
1st- Amnesty Perkins
2nd- Trade Ibaka for young players go build around the Big 3

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Roberson / Lamb
Sf- Durant / Jones
Pf - James / Collison
C- Adams / Thabeet

(Not bad, and then add whatever trade they get for Ibaka)

Big Zo
02-07-2014, 02:31 PM
I know it probably wouldn't happen but it would be Awesome if Lebron join Durant and Westbrook in Okc

But in order that to happen..
1st- Amnesty Perkins
2nd- Trade Ibaka for young players go build around the Big 3

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Roberson / Lamb
Sf- Durant / Jones
Pf - James / Collison
C- Adams / Thabeet

(Not bad, and then add whatever trade they get for Ibaka)

Or they can just join him in Miami when they become free agents. That way they won't have to celebrate a championship at Cracker Barrel. : p

Clippersfan86
02-07-2014, 03:15 PM
It's idiotic to suggest he should leave IMO. Riley/Arison have done a great job surrounding him with perfect complimentary pieces which has led to 2 straight titles, 3 straight finals appearances. If he bails after THAT kind of loyalty/help, simply because the team is aging... he's an ungrateful scumbag IMO.

EL_MACHETE
02-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Or they can just join him in Miami when they become free agents. That way they won't have to celebrate a championship at Cracker Barrel. : p

Raciest ***!
Your a mook

Big Zo
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Raciest ***!
Your a mook

What's a mook?

kobe4thewinbang
02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
The King himself should play with the Kings :DLBJ and DMC would be awesome, I think. Like Kobe & Shaq but with a much more explosive and post-savvy Kobe.

MTar786
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM
if anything.. he would go back to the cavs but they won't be a good enough team to consider.. so he will stay in miami.. unless they become reallllllllly bad. which won't happen

Denver-boy
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM
heat should trade bosh for K-love or Melo

Chalmers
Wade
Melo
James
Oden

or

Chalmers
wade
James
K-love
Oden

nickdymez
02-07-2014, 07:08 PM
If Lebron goes to ANOTHER team, I dont care what PSD says, he's out of the top 10. Being great is more than just numbers.

MTar786
02-07-2014, 07:23 PM
heat should trade bosh for K-love or Melo

Chalmers
Wade
Melo
James
Oden

or

Chalmers
wade
James
K-love
Oden

why would any of those two teams make the trade?

klove is young. wolves would never make that trade. and bosh won't land you melo. unless you add wade and trade for like melo, smith and chandler.

that would help both teams actually.

chalmers
allen
melo
lebron
chandler

smith, battier, haslem and andersen off the bench
damn they could possibly be a good defensive team n the wing and interior and at the same time be super athletic AND all these guys are 3point threats. melo would bring back the scoring at will that wade used to have.

felton
wade/prigioni
shumpert/mwp
bosh/martin
bargnani/amare

horrible interior lol

Chronz
02-07-2014, 08:18 PM
If Lebron goes to ANOTHER team, I dont care what PSD says, he's out of the top 10. Being great is more than just numbers.

Wats ur top ten again?

Chronz
02-07-2014, 08:20 PM
CP3 for Bron

FlashBolt
02-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Lakers? It's pretty evident James wants to surpass Bryant. Why would he try and help Bryant? If anything, how would these two co-exist? I know LeBron wouldn't have a problem but Kobe is another issue.

Cracka2HI!
02-07-2014, 11:37 PM
CP3 for Bron

I think I posted this somewhere on some site. Makes a lot more sense than Blake. Both Bron and Blake handle well enough to not need a dominant PG like CP3 IMO. Seems the appeal for Bron is playing with CP3 tho.

goingfor28
02-08-2014, 12:08 AM
this is someone at espn being bored and making news.

it isnt actually news, and it isnt going to happen.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2014, 12:31 AM
why would any of those two teams make the trade?

klove is young. wolves would never make that trade. and bosh won't land you melo. unless you add wade and trade for like melo, smith and chandler.

that would help both teams actually.

chalmers
allen
melo
lebron
chandler

smith, battier, haslem and andersen off the bench
damn they could possibly be a good defensive team n the wing and interior and at the same time be super athletic AND all these guys are 3point threats. melo would bring back the scoring at will that wade used to have.

felton
wade/prigioni
shumpert/mwp
bosh/martin
bargnani/amare

horrible interior lol

Call me crazy, but I don't see this happening.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2014, 12:40 AM
I think I posted this somewhere on some site. Makes a lot more sense than Blake. Both Bron and Blake handle well enough to not need a dominant PG like CP3 IMO. Seems the appeal for Bron is playing with CP3 tho.

I think that would be a great trade for both teams considering the Heat would be forced to trade Bron for someone. The Clippers would be a crazy highlight reel every single night. Thats probably the best player that is the same age as Bron that the Heat can get. And just think about how much Paul would help Bosh and Wade's game, especially Bosh. It would be very interesting to watch how each team did after that trade.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Wats ur top ten again?

Ima go...

Lebron
Mike
Shaq
Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
DRob
Duncan
Durant
KG

I rank purely on Peak FYI

IKnowHoops
02-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Ima go...

Lebron
Mike
Shaq
Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
DRob
Duncan
Durant
KG

I Think I could beat the dream team running this team of ten out there too.

PG Lebron/Mike
SG Durant/KG
SF DROB/Hakeem
PF KAJ/Duncan
C Shaq/Wilt

Now before you hate, the PF and Center spots are killing anything. Durant can definitely dominate at the SG, and KG did the best job defending a prime TMAC that I have ever seen. I saw him shut TMAC down. DROB is as fast as Scottie Pippen, and Hakeem is right behind him. And no 3 could guard them at all accept Lebron. Even though this team has six Centers on it, I think they would still beat the dream team.

FlashBolt
02-08-2014, 01:01 AM

So you admit he's top 10? Also, how does he get dropped? He can only go higher; not lower. That's like saying Jordan should lose credit points because he came back to play for Washington.

FlashBolt
02-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Ima go...

Lebron
Mike
Shaq
Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
DRob
Duncan
Durant
KG

I Think I could beat the dream team running this team of ten out there too.

PG Lebron/Mike
SG Durant/KG
SF DROB/Hakeem
PF KAJ/Duncan
C Shaq/Wilt

Now before you hate, the PF and Center spots are killing anything. Durant can definitely dominate at the SG, and KG did the best job defending a prime TMAC that I have ever seen. I saw him shut TMAC down. DROB is as fast as Scottie Pippen, and Hakeem is right behind him. And no 3 could guard them at all accept Lebron. Even though this team has six Centers on it, I think they would still beat the dream team.

No crap they would beat the dream team. You just named arguably the greatest players.

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm starting to think trading Blake for Bron might be a bad idea. If he keeps playing like this or getting better every night I doubt the team will trade him. Even for the King. Good Lord he's dominating tonight!

IKnowHoops
02-08-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm starting to think trading Blake for Bron might be a bad idea. If he keeps playing like this or getting better every night I doubt the team will trade him. Even for the King. Good Lord he's dominating tonight!

Because of his age, Blake is untradeable.

Cracka2HI!
02-08-2014, 02:41 AM
I'd hate to be the guy that ended up trading 9 prime years of Blake!

P&GRealist
02-08-2014, 02:46 AM
So you admit he's top 10? Also, how does he get dropped? He can only go higher; not lower. That's like saying Jordan should lose credit points because he came back to play for Washington.

You're comparing Michael coming back at age 38 as part owner of a team to a guy coming off of 2 chips in his prime as the best player in the league?

Makes sense.

P&GRealist
02-08-2014, 02:55 AM
Anyways, my thinking is the big 3 take even LESS money (12-13M) range per AND they sign a big free agent guy like Deng in the offseason. That's my thinking.

FlashBolt
02-08-2014, 03:01 AM
Anyways, my thinking is the big 3 take even LESS money (12-13M) range per AND they sign a big free agent guy like Deng in the offseason. That's my thinking.

Luol Deng would be a huge pickup.

PraiseJesus
02-08-2014, 06:57 AM
There is something about one of the all time greats being on the Clippers that doesnt work for me