PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs have fired GM Chris Grant

LTBaByyy
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
@WojYahooNBA: The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired general manager Chris Grant, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I thought he done a great job putting together the talent they have plus getting Deng for nothing

Can't blame him for Bennett, it was obviously a weak draft. It would have been the same if they got Porter

It's obviously the coaching and not the GM

Sly Guy
02-06-2014, 01:34 PM
I think it was long overdue given their drafting history, their rumored infighting, and their current place in the standings.

NYKnickFanatic
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
@WojYahooNBA: The Cleveland Cavaliers have fired general manager Chris Grant, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I thought he done a great job putting together the talent they have plus getting Deng for nothing

Can't blame him for Bennett, it was obviously a weak draft. It would have been the same if they got Porter

Yes you can.

xabial
02-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Finally. I felt bad for Cavs fans. Very awkward GM. Never drafted players the complimented each other. The last four drafts he had top 4 picks, including the #1 and #4 pick overall pick in the 2011 draft.

Other than Kyrie, all his other draft picks have been misses, or players unworthy of being selected top 4. They were players picked too high.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
but mike brown keeps his job lmao....

didnt the cavs lose to the lakers who literally ended up with 5 healthy players and one fouled out ? the coach needs to be fire

LTBaByyy
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes you can.

What has Portor done? That was their choice, Bennett or Porter

They went choosing Oladipo with Irving and Waiters

RipCity32
02-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Hopefully the Pistons now fire Dumars.

WITZ
02-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Bout time, Not firing Brown makes sense guessing the new Gm will have the option of hiring a new coach after this season.

Arch Stanton
02-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Thank god!

D-Leethal
02-06-2014, 01:53 PM

They should have picked a guy who can actually play. Of course you blame them for picking a guy nobody was even considering #1 who turned out to be the worst #1 overall pick ever.

This guy sucks, how many freakin' big time lotto picks can you miss on?

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 01:53 PM

You related to him? :eyebrow:

flea
02-06-2014, 01:57 PM
They should have picked a guy who can actually play. Of course you blame them for picking a guy nobody was even considering #1 who turned out to be the worst #1 overall pick ever.

It was an upside pick. How are we going to already decide it was a bad pick when everyone knew he would almost certainly take time to develop? I still think Bennett will find a role but it's way too early to call him a bust.

xabial
02-06-2014, 02:02 PM
For all of those saying why wasn't Mike Brown fired.. Brown was given a five year $20 million contract. He ain't getting fired anytime soon lmao.

2-ONE-5
02-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Len, Noel...

Hawkeye15
Irving was literally his only good pick out of multiple high lottery picks. He hired Mike freakin Brown to coach.

Dude had no idea what he was doing.

NYKnickFanatic

He hasn't done anything, he hasn't even had a chance to play really.

It was an upside pick. How are we going to already decide it was a bad pick when everyone knew he would almost certainly take time to develop? I still think Bennett will find a role but it's way too early to call him a bust.

I wouldn't say he is a bust, but he DEFINITELY isn't a #1 pick. Not one person saw Bennett going #1.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 02:05 PM
For all of those saying why wasn't Mike Brown fired.. Brown was given a five year $20 million contract. He ain't getting fired anytime soon lmao.

I'd still fire him. LMAOS.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2014, 02:06 PM

unless the #1 pick is a 7+ footer who is raw, you don't take a player that high that isn't ready to contribute. That is like signing the 8th man off a roster to a 4 year, $25 million contract.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Mike Price for GM

shep33
02-06-2014, 02:11 PM
You could see this coming. Since 2010 he has made some really really bad draft picks. Hiring Mike Brown? Why?

ATX
02-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Gilbert should clean house starting with himself.

Cal827
02-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I think that team just needs a complete change. The guys they have now are clearly not working out too well. The Cavs should at least be contending for a playoff spot in the Leastern Conference by now. Trade everyone and start anew.

Send Irving away to a team that would probably pay out the **** to acquire him.

ManRam
02-06-2014, 02:15 PM
He had to go, but firing the GM isn't going to turn around play this year. Mike Brown still has to go.

I don't think drafting Bennett is something "you can't blame him for". I do think he'll turn out to be a decent player, and I was very high on him pre-draft (even saying I wouldn't be mad if the Magic fell to #4 and took him) but it was a bad pick regardless. If this is a team looking to take a step forward this year you don't draft an out of shape project with the first overall pick. The Deng trade wasn't bad either, but again, it hasn't helped at all either. The Jarrett Jack signing has been a huge bust thus far. We all knew Earl Clark was a flash in the pan. The Bynum signing was a bust (though, it did luckily help land Deng). Why did Alonzo Gee get a 3 year deal at 3.25 a year?

No one thinks his draft last year was good. The bottom line is, after Kyrie, he had a 4th overall, a 4th overall, a 24th overall, a 1st overall and a 19th overall, and what does he have to show for it? Not enough, at least.

He has done a poor job rebuilding, period. We can justify the moves however we want, but they should be further ahead than they are considering all those draft picks, cap space and Kyrie Irving.

And hiring Mike Brown is indefensible

chipurmunki
02-06-2014, 02:19 PM
finally.

WITZ
He hasn't done anything, he hasn't even had a chance to play really.

I wouldn't say he is a bust, but he DEFINITELY isn't a #1 pick. Not one person saw Bennett going #1.

Thats a cop out, Bennett was in the same bout as him up until these last few games playing around 10 mins a game and you didn't hear anyone saying "he hasn't really had a chance to play". Porter is playing just as ****** as Bennett but gets a pass because he wasn't the #1 pick and he was the one labeled as a safe pick :laugh2:

LakersKB24
It was about time! I think some of the decisions (eg draft picks?!) and giving Mr Potato Head a FIVE YEAR DEAL!!! were horrible, every fan could have done better. And even if Brown was the only option, you give him two years tops and then go from there.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but the picks Cleveland made were absolutely ridicolous. There was no foresight whatsoever.

2011 wasn't that bad, Kyrie was the obvious #1, they needed a big man and they took Thompson (which was unexpected) but ok. I would have gone with Valanciunas - if you want to make an upside pick, since he already had pro ball experience and also played internationally.

2012 was another pick, no one really expected from the Cavs. Why didn't they take Barnes? Or Drummond? They would have filled their need much better than Waiters.

2013 was obviously another pick, no one really understood. Yes they needed a big man, and yes it is too early to judge Bennett, but had they gone with eg Drummond in 2012, they could have picked Oladipo at #1 and have a lineup of

Kyrie
Oladipo
Deng
Thompson
Drummond

Again, I know it's easy to say what they should have done with the knowledge we have now and I'm not a fan myself of judging young players after less than 2 full seasons in the NBA, but THIS could have been the lineup the Cavs SHOULD have had they done what was EXPECTED of them. Kind of a weird coincidence that only the Cavs seem to have that much of a a different view on the draft classes than everyone else, isn't it?

flea
02-06-2014, 02:21 PM
unless the #1 pick is a 7+ footer who is raw, you don't take a player that high that isn't ready to contribute. That is like signing the 8th man off a roster to a 4 year, $25 million contract.

Meh, I mean he wouldn't have been my pick but I don't think it's one of the worst ever. The Cavs were set at guard and up front coming into the season (or at least they thought they were). There was a lot of talk about finally getting out of the lottery, and on paper Irving/Waiters/Miles/Thompson/Bynum with AV and JJ on the bench sounds good. The only place they saw to upgrade was forward, and they took what they thought would be the best. Obviously Giannis is the guy they should have taken, but 13 or so other teams passed on him too.

Arch Stanton
02-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Asst GM David Griffin will probably fill in until end of season. Then hopefully they'll bring in a whole new GM/Coaching Team.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM
finally.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/576157b73e19065e35b167c034aa2202/tumblr_mzta5wfJbO1rvn2ylo2_400.gif

Ill21
02-06-2014, 02:54 PM
You related to him? :eyebrow:

:laugh2:

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2014, 03:14 PM
GREAT!!!

Now all they need to do is trade all their assets for picks in this year's draft (Kyrie included) and fire Mike Brown and then they might be headed off to a good rebuilding project :-)

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2014, 03:23 PM

I'll have to respectfully disagree with the first part. You CAN blame hims for Bennet and his other poor moves, but YES, the coaching is a HUGE problem.

Most people didn't have Bennet going in the top five.

Then he passes up on Andre Drummond. I realize many teams passed up on him and saw him as a gamble, but Waiter? Also passed up on Harrison Barnes. I give him a pass for passing up on Lillard because he's a point guard and they already have Kyrie.

The jury is still out on Tristan Thompson, but Klay Thompson would have been a much better fit. I realize most didn't have him going that early in the draft, but still, he would have been a perfect fit for a back court featuring Kyrie.

And then there is Kyrie... I understand that he was the consensus pick, but he was injury plagued BEFORE entering the NBA, and now he misses a lot of games every year due to injury. They showed the foresight to pass on Noel for that reason, yet they don't do it with Kyrie? That seems weird to me. Kyrie is a score first pg with an average FG% and is injury prone. I am NOT going to build around that for my franchise. I'd trade the pick for something else.... and I likely would have done the same with this past season's pick.

His signing of Bynum was a smart, calculated risk, but he also hired Brown, so even if Brown IS doing an awful job, it is the GM's fault for bringing him in.

So yeah... this guy got handed a pretty sweet package to start a re-building process with, and he hasn't done too well.

He's been bad in the draft, and for a team trying to re-build through draft picks, that is NOT good.

TrueFan420
02-06-2014, 03:26 PM

Can you blame him for reaching on waiters over much better players and fits?cause I do.

ryang
02-06-2014, 03:32 PM
but mike brown keeps his job lmao....

didnt the cavs lose to the lakers who literally ended up with 5 healthy players and one fouled out ? the coach needs to be fire

There hoping brown is the reason bron would come home.

Ezio
02-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Thank you for trading for Loul Deng before you got fired.

WITZ
02-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I will never get why people keep bringing up passing on Barnes like he is a game changer. The guy is shooting under 30% his last 10 and exactly at 40% for the season. Yet people continue to talk about taking Waiters over this guy like it was a franchise changing mistake. Now passing on Drummond was a dumb *** mistake FU Grant.

sammyvine
02-06-2014, 05:26 PM
He is awful and deserved to go

He drafted Bennett who wasn't even projected to go in the top 5. If he wanted to reach in a weak draft why not go for Noel (who i guarantee will be better than Bennett) or Giannis? I mean Anthony Bennett when you already have a PF in TT?

The Waiters pick was also bad. Waiters seem to be a overrated cancer who seems to have a massive ego. He isn't that good and there were better players and fits that should have been taken, i.e., Drummond or even Barnes.

I bet Gilbert realised Grant was awful after the Waiters pick but couldn't bring himself to admit it. After seeing how putrid this Cavs roster is he knew he can't have him as GM especially with the cavs looking to be heading into the lottery again and getting a top 5 pick. Can you imagine that the Cavs have the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft...and the Cleveland Cavaliers select.....
Tyler Ennis.....As stupid and as dumb as this sounds, its the sort of move that Grant will pull and then a year later you will see Wiggins and Exum be legit stars, and then Cavs fans will be saying ''But but Ennis is good, just give him more time'' LOL

Cal827
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm hoping that this move makes them good enough to finish 9th or 10th in the east, which would decrease their odds at another top 5 ****ing pick. I'm sick and tired of them getting rewarded for their stupidity.

Starting to feel more and more in favor for punishing teams that are in the top 5 picks (with their own pick) for 3 straight years lol.... If Cleveland gets another top pick or 2nd overall, I would think that one of the first things that Silver would have to deal with is the Draft.

gatkins11
02-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Reached on several early lottery picks. He had it coming.

kobe4thewinbang
02-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Who in their right mind signs a mediocre coach like Brown to a 5 YEAR DEAL? After firing him once already?

shep33
02-06-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm hoping that this move makes them good enough to finish 9th or 10th in the east, which would decrease their odds at another top 5 ****ing pick. I'm sick and tired of them getting rewarded for their stupidity.

Starting to feel more and more in favor for punishing teams that are in the top 5 picks (with their own pick) for 3 straight years lol.... If Cleveland gets another top pick or 2nd overall, I would think that one of the first things that Silver would have to deal with is the Draft.

This.

jsthornton7
02-06-2014, 06:31 PM

Rewarded for their stupidity? They rewarded themselves with a 5m a year Anthony Bennett contract. They can pick as much in the top-5 as they like.

I was actually hoping the Cavs got to pick before the Lakers, cause you know they are gonna mess up their top-5 pick anyways. LOL.

sammyvine
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I was actually hoping the Cavs got to pick before the Lakers, cause you know they would have messed up their top-5 pick anyways. LOL.

lol

your being harsh just because you want the lakers to get a top pick

also you have to remember its celeveland. nobody wants to play there. teams like the lakers, boston will rebuild quickly and early, because of location, money etc...
if the cavs were punished they would suck for ever/

one of the main things that is wrong wight the nba is parity. its the same teams challenging all the time, but this is because of trash gms like grant. i feel for cavs fans because look at what the thunder and spurs have done because of have great gm's and a lil luck

TorontoHuskies
02-06-2014, 06:48 PM
1st trade for new Gm: Thompson to the Raptors for Amir and a 2nd rd pick.. That way you can develop Bennett and Amir doesn't mind coming off the bench. Also, TT would be an upgrade for the Raptors since he's got more weight and is a better rebounder.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Meh, I mean he wouldn't have been my pick but I don't think it's one of the worst ever. The Cavs were set at guard and up front coming into the season (or at least they thought they were). There was a lot of talk about finally getting out of the lottery, and on paper Irving/Waiters/Miles/Thompson/Bynum with AV and JJ on the bench sounds good. The only place they saw to upgrade was forward, and they took what they thought would be the best. Obviously Giannis is the guy they should have taken, but 13 or so other teams passed on him too.

so far, its one of the worst ever. I know they were set at guard, but if you are taking a player to develop, why not just take Noel? You don't take Craig Smith with the #1 pick, and you don't draft for "need" when you have that pick, because you obviously have issues everywhere. The only position it made no sense to take was a PG.

CityofChaos
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
You would think the logical thing to do is fire the coach who can't even control the locker room...

amak316
02-06-2014, 07:48 PM
The timing seems weird. They must want whoever the new guy is to step in and immediately make some trade deadline moves

nyKnicks126
02-06-2014, 07:54 PM
The Cavs are a waste of a team.. Make the Memphis Grizzlies a Eastern Conference team and relocate the cavs in a deserving city like Seattle and bring back the Supersonics... That's the least they can do.. Get it done Gilbert.

Melo15
02-06-2014, 08:01 PM
You would think the logical thing to do is fire the coach who can't even control the locker room...

They more than likely are going to do that at the end of the year. After giving Mike Brown a 4 year contract, with a partial 5th year guarantee, they're going to give him at least 1 season. I'm guessing the plan is to have the new GM fire him and hire his own guy. That way it looks more like the new GM wanting to bring their own guy in rather than just admitting how big of a mistake it was bringing Mike Brown back.

The timing seems weird. They must want whoever the new guy is to step in and immediately make some trade deadline moves

Rumors that are circling around with Cavs insiders are basically saying that one of the reasons Grant is being removed now is because he was looking for a trade to try and save his job that would have given up future assets. It sounds like the organization isn't ready to give up on a few of the players Grant was apparently looking to deal. There's no way of knowing if that's 100% accurate or not but it certainly makes sense. They're likely going to look to be sellers rather than buyers at the deadline now.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2014, 08:05 PM
the way things have gone in Cleveland can really only be described by one word: Karma

:nod:

Hawkeye15
02-06-2014, 08:43 PM

For sure. Even my team has at least gotten totally screwed by the draft. Though it didn't help our GM may actually have been worse than Grant..

sammyvine
02-06-2014, 08:47 PM
The Cavs are a waste of a team.. Make the Memphis Grizzlies a Eastern Conference team and relocate the cavs in a deserving city like Seattle and bring back the Supersonics... That's the least they can do.. Get it done Gilbert.

Says a Knicks fan lol
The Knicks are just as bad if not worse. Without their location and money they should be much better but they are still the joke of the league.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2014, 09:06 PM

they have had their good periods over the past 30 years. There are teams much more irrelevant, like my Wolves...

Arch Stanton
02-06-2014, 09:22 PM
the way things have gone in Cleveland can really only be described by one word: Karma

:nod:

Yeah I don't think you know what Karma means... Cleveland has been in misery for years with their sports teams.

Arch Stanton
02-06-2014, 09:26 PM

Haha says the Knicks fan whose franchise might be in a worse situation than the Cavs right now. At least the Cavs have assets and flexibility. Have fun with Dolan!

nyKnicks126
02-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Says a Knicks fan lol
The Knicks are just as bad if not worse. Without their location and money they should be much better but they are still the joke of the league.

I agree with you. The Knicks suck.. Most of that is due to the owner. If it wasn't for the spotlight the huge city NY the Knicks would not be relevant nor are they even relevant now. The media and the pressure of playing in the biggest market is what makes the Knicks what they are and it is unfortunate that they have a lot of pressure. Prior to the Dolan era the Knicks made better choices then they do now..

nyKnicks126
02-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Haha says the Knicks fan whose franchise might be in a worse situation than the Cavs right now. At least the Cavs have assets and flexibility. Have fun with Dolan!
They handled the LeBron situation extremely poorly..but that's whatever too long too remember...

Plus reports say Irving has enough of the Cavs organization.. Deng said that the way the players act would never have been tolerated in Chicago from the coaches and managers perspective.. Ownership problems, management problems, players attitude problems.. I think that the Knicks aren't in a better situation but the Cavs are also underperforming..

Jamiecballer
02-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah I don't think you know what Karma means... Cleveland has been in misery for years with their sports teams.

well sure there is that. i was referring specifically to the Cavs franchise.

Avenged
02-06-2014, 09:48 PM
This is what happens when you lose to the Lakers lol how the mighty have fallen.

NBA_Starter
02-06-2014, 10:07 PM
They should take Rich Cho, he has a smart computer and all.

Stunner
02-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders thinks Grant’s firing suggests roster changes will be coming, with the trade deadline two weeks away. A new GM won’t have any attachment to the players whom Grant brought in, which means a roster shakeup could be happening soon. The only player who should feel secure is Kyrie Irving. Every other player, including Luol Deng, could be on the move, according to Kennedy.

NBA_Starter
02-06-2014, 11:03 PM
This is going to be interesting!

ldawg
02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Deng wont resign there and any chance of a LeBron return is out of question.

ldawg
02-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Lakers have hit rock bottom I don't think things can get any worst. You know you suck when a known suck team fire its GM because you beat them. Dan was like the Lakers? really the Lakers? come on man someone got to get fired. Hey hey you go home and don't come back we just lost to the freaking Lakers. Man this sucks we lost to the Lakers.

todu82
02-07-2014, 01:18 AM
Yeah, he was a poor GM. I'm willing to bet his firing won't be the only 1 for the Cavs if the team doesn't shape up soon.

TorontoHuskies
02-07-2014, 01:30 AM

Naw..Give em to Vancouver they weren't even given a chance to survive...Seattle at-least had an opportunity

MonroeFAN
02-07-2014, 07:22 AM

Wut?

IndyRealist
02-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Michael Olowakandi was the worst #1 ever. 2nd is probably Kwame Brown. I don't think Bennett is there yet.

IndyRealist
02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Lakers have hit rock bottom I don't think things can get any worst. You know you suck when a known suck team fire its GM because you beat them. Dan was like the Lakers? really the Lakers? come on man someone got to get fired. Hey hey you go home and don't come back we just lost to the freaking Lakers. Man this sucks we lost to the Lakers.

Ouch.

MonroeFAN
02-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Please explain to us how Bennet > Kwame/Olowakandi.

ManRam
02-07-2014, 11:27 AM

What do you gain by punishing teams that are making mistakes? Just making it harder for them to succeed? They're not gonna learn from it or anything merely because you punish them...and it's not like it's going to correct anything. It's not like the draft is an exact science in the first place.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Wut?

Wojowhateverthehellyournameis picks GM's/Players he likes, and hates. As good as he is at breaking news, he is that bad at unbiased analysis.

Hawkeye15
02-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Michael Olowakandi was the worst #1 ever. 2nd is probably Kwame Brown. I don't think Bennett is there yet.

they both had a few productive years, even if they never, ever sniffed #1 merit. Obviously too early to make a call on Bennett, but he has looked absolutely horrific so far. He doesn't even belong in the NBA right now. That being said, if his fat *** takes his career seriously, he is still in a position to be a contributing player in the future.

Stunner
02-07-2014, 12:38 PM
The Cavs are eyeing Phil Jackson and George Karl, but they’d like to see interim GM David Griffin and coach Mike Brown step up and keep their jobs, according to Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio (Twitter links). Ostensibly, Jackson, who’s said he’s done with coaching, would be a candidate for the GM job, as Ken Berger of CBSSports.com suggested Thursday, while Karl would be sought for a return to the Cavs bench, where he served as coach in the 1980s. In any case, the final three months of the season is an on-the-job audition for Griffin and the “last chance saloon” for Brown, Amico writes. Here’s more on the Cavs, a day after they fired GM Chris Grant:

ottograham14
02-07-2014, 12:49 PM
As a Cavs fan at least one thing is clear, Gilbert doesn't mind pi$$ing away money at any point to try turning this thing around. Continues to take on salary for future draft picks and last year contract pay outs. If and I just think its when Mike Brown is fired in the offseason then Danny would be on the hook for the remaining 3 years as the 5th is an option with his contract already and with Grant still having 1 year left is on the hook for that as well. Now he just has to pick the right people to run the organization and I wouldn't be surprised if he is popping open the QLoans pocket book this summer to try enticing Karl or Phil even though I don't think they would come to Cleveland.

Trade Waiters, Deng, Varajeo & Alonzo Gee before the deadline and give Bennett around 23-25 mpg to see if he can develop as he cannot play anymore than that with his conditioning and get other younger guys like Delly, Karasev and Henry Sims minutes and tank the crap out of the second half for another top 5 pick and just hope the new GM doesn't try thinking he needs to outsmart the rest of the NBA and pick the out of the blue selection in the draft this time as besides Kyrie who was handed to him where he almost took DWill instead has really screwed the pooch on drafting similiar players already on the roster in guys like Dion, TT and Care Bear.

MagicBucsSox
02-07-2014, 01:01 PM

Dipo is better than Waiters

IndyRealist
02-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Please explain to us how Bennet > Kwame/Olowakandi.

Because Bennett has been around less than a year. Just because it's been a really unproductive year doesn't mean it outweighs years of mediocrity. Now if Royce White were the #1 pick and pulled the nonsense he did, White would likely be considered the worst #1. But he wasn't.

jsthornton7
02-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I mean in all honesty, it's not Anthony Bennett's fault the CLE front office made a crazy reach to draft him. Nobody had him going #1 overall and we should stop thinking about him as a #1 overall talent, because he is not.

NBA_Starter
02-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Dipo is better than Waiters

I think they could have made it work also.

Arch Stanton
02-07-2014, 11:55 PM
I mean in all honesty, it's not Anthony Bennett's fault the CLE front office made a crazy reach to draft him. Nobody had him going #1 overall and we should stop thinking about him as a #1 overall talent, because he is not.

I know it's a small sample size but he's actually starting to play much better now that he's gotten 20-30 minutes a game the last couple of weeks. He's making less defensive blunders (moving screens) and is playing with a lot more ease, and a little more efficiently. I'm not suggesting it was a good move to draft him but he's certainly showing some improvement.

RipCity32
02-07-2014, 11:59 PM

Doesn't Waiters come off the bench right now anyways?

Arch Stanton
02-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Doesn't Waiters come off the bench right now anyways?

Yes but he still gets starter minutes.