PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry, was that an Offensive foul?

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk&feature=youtu.be

Will post a link to the video, but in a critical play down the stretch, Lowry shot and made a 3 while appearing to be fouled by mclemore, and the refs called it as Offensive. It was a critical play of the game and the Raptors just lost to the Kings, Doesnt seem right at all In my opinion.

True Sports Fan
02-06-2014, 01:56 AM
It obviously wasn't.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-06-2014, 02:02 AM
refs helped Lakers by giving Kings a W

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Makes sense.

RipCity32
02-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Yeah not sure what the refs were smoking on that one, Terrible call.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 02:08 AM
They're obviously just trying to make sure the lakers can tank and get embiied or wiggins or parker

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Adam Silver is the next ********. He'll be the same like Stern. Get ready for another 30 years guys.

bholly
02-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Gonna be honest - it's been a long time since I watched that video or read the guidelines about how they call kickouts, but I have a really hard time imagining that should've been called that way. If that is how the guidelines say to call it, then the guidelines are wrong and should be changed. Totally ******** call.

Works out great for the Sixers, but still.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 02:12 AM
I better see an apology letter the next day. **** I'm so cheesed

blahblahyoutoo
02-06-2014, 02:18 AM
horrible call.

John Walls Era
02-06-2014, 02:35 AM
Adam Silver is the next ********. He'll be the same like Stern. Get ready for another 30 years guys.

Ref was an idiot. I doubt Silver gameplans every game and plan out how to help the Lakers...

They're obviously just trying to make sure the lakers can tank and get embiied or wiggins or parker

if they want to rig the draft, they don't need to make the lakers lose. They can give them the first pick via lottery.

mightybosstone
02-06-2014, 02:48 AM
I can't tell what's worse: the original call or the technical. Regardless of whether it was the right call or night, the ref must have known it was a questionable call, and all Lowry did was make a frustrated face and run to the other end of the floor. Having watched Lowry for years in Houston, I've seen the guy do things that were worthy of technicals. This was not one of them. It was a horrible call and just as bad a technical foul to add insult to injury.

But as for the posters claiming Silver is rigging games to somehow benefit the Lakers, get over yourselves with that ********. It was a bad call, plain and simple, and every bad call in sports does not deserve a ****ing conspiracy theory.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Ref was an idiot. I doubt Silver gameplans every game and plan out how to help the Lakers...

if they want to rig the draft, they don't need to make the lakers lose. They can give them the first pick via lottery.

It'd be more controversial if the lakers had the 14th worst record and won the lottery

tredigs
02-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Did you guys get a different angle than I did? Because there's no way to tell from that video. It looked like he might have started to kick out his right foot into the defender at the end of the shot in order to try to draw the 4 point play. But again, couldn't tell from that video.

But even with a no call they're down 3 and have to play the foul game as soon as Sac passes it in. 98% of the time the game is over regardless.

jakedajewler
02-06-2014, 03:25 AM
The Raptors literally get raped by the ref's every single game

BHF
02-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Did you guys get a different angle than I did? Because there's no way to tell from that video. It looked like he might have started to kick out his right foot into the defender at the end of the shot in order to try to draw the 4 point play. But again, couldn't tell from that video.

But even with a no call they're down 3 and have to play the foul game as soon as Sac passes it in. 98% of the time the game is over regardless.

Should have been a 2 pt game and there was more than enough time left to make a comeback.

tredigs
02-06-2014, 04:29 AM
I'm in the minority here. I caught another video of it and fully think he was keeping that right leg raising up in order to try and draw an offensive foul. Possible he was just leaning back awkwardly to avoid the block, but I kind of doubt it and even though I think it's a no-call, I get why the whistle blew. At best I'd say no-call with a 3 point game that goes into foul shots for Sac to put it at 4 or 5 with 24 seconds left. Like I mentioned earlier, very very low chance the Raps come back regardless. On to the next one.

Mason95
02-06-2014, 04:29 AM
You do realize that even without the free throw he should have gotten to cut the game to 2, It was a one possession game with 28 seconds right? All they would have needed to do was get a stop and they'd have time to get the last shot of the game

tredigs
02-06-2014, 04:42 AM
You do realize that even without the free throw he should have gotten to cut the game to 2, It was a one possession game with 28 seconds right? All they would have needed to do was get a stop and they'd have time to get the last shot of the game

Did you make your account to say this?

The score was 99 to 105 with 25.5 seconds left. That's a 3 point game if they no-call it, and they subsequently have to foul bud. You don't go for a stop down 3 with 25.5 on the clock unless you hate trying to win.

Kings Faithful
02-06-2014, 05:04 AM
As a Kings fan who actually watched the whole game, the refs were atrocious the whole night for both teams. We were up by 20 points in the 4th and had phantom fouls called on us so its not like the Kings were given the game by the refs, and certainly not so that the Lakers could get a better draft pick. I consider this karma for that ******** call when we were against the Pacers when George hit that 4pt play. In any case, this probably should have been a no call anyway. It wasn't an intentional kick out, but he did extend his legs catching McLemore.

NYKnickFanatic
02-06-2014, 10:02 AM
How...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk#t=29

ATX
02-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Wow, that's just terrible.

Slug3
02-06-2014, 10:26 AM
The refs this year are to call an offensive foul on shooters who kick their legs out to draw contact. However this was not one of those times as it looked like the way he caught it and faded backwards it was naturally going to extend his leg forward some. I believe that rule was in place for when players shoot and kick their leg out to the side. Just a bad call from the ref.

North Yorker
02-06-2014, 10:33 AM
L :facepalm: L

marvILLous
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
This was so bad

I don't know what was worse, this or the 51 fts the kings shot

Vegas really needed that kings cover I guess

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 10:55 AM
the nba is a joke, no surprise

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 10:57 AM
As a Kings fan who actually watched the whole game, the refs were atrocious the whole night for both teams. We were up by 20 points in the 4th and had phantom fouls called on us so its not like the Kings were given the game by the refs, and certainly not so that the Lakers could get a better draft pick. I consider this karma for that ******** call when we were against the Pacers when George hit that 4pt play. In any case, this probably should have been a no call anyway. It wasn't an intentional kick out, but he did extend his legs catching McLemore.

Okay that's not true. The kings had 51 FT attempt. FIFTY-ONE. while the raptors had 21?

No the calls had NOTHING to do with why the kings lost their lead, the raptors are the best 4th quarter team in the league, and they got hot with some key bench play from Novak. Where the heck did this involve poor foul calling?

kobebabe
02-06-2014, 11:02 AM
There should be fines when a ref call a bad call. Certainly in this case he should have been fined huge! Thank God it wasn't like a playoff game that was on the line. Smh!

3Blueforyou
02-06-2014, 11:12 AM
I can't tell what's worse: the original call or the technical. Regardless of whether it was the right call or night, the ref must have known it was a questionable call, and all Lowry did was make a frustrated face and run to the other end of the floor. Having watched Lowry for years in Houston, I've seen the guy do things that were worthy of technicals. This was not one of them. It was a horrible call and just as bad a technical foul to add insult to injury.

But as for the posters claiming Silver is rigging games to somehow benefit the Lakers, get over yourselves with that ********. It was a bad call, plain and simple, and every bad call in sports does not deserve a ****ing conspiracy theory.

The first tech was nothing much either, at least on screen he must of said something the first time because what he did on screen did not warrant a tech.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-06-2014, 11:23 AM
It loos like Mclemore actually caught Lowry's leg in the air and pulled it with him, making it appear Lowry was doing the leg kick a lot more than he actually was.

3Blueforyou
02-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Okay that's not true. The kings had 51 FT attempt. FIFTY-ONE. while the raptors had 21?

No the calls had NOTHING to do with why the kings lost their lead, the raptors are the best 4th quarter team in the league, and they got hot with some key bench play from Novak. Where the heck did this involve poor foul calling?

The kings still complained about it too.

colinskik
02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm in the minority here. I caught another video of it and fully think he was keeping that right leg raising up in order to try and draw an offensive foul. Possible he was just leaning back awkwardly to avoid the block, but I kind of doubt it and even though I think it's a no-call, I get why the whistle blew. At best I'd say no-call with a 3 point game that goes into foul shots for Sac to put it at 4 or 5 with 24 seconds left. Like I mentioned earlier, very very low chance the Raps come back regardless. On to the next one.

I agree that a no-call is the best course of action here. But c'mon, you trying to convince yourself that Lowry kicked his leg out, and not doing a great job of it.

Calls like this are really confusing/frustrating. We need an apology from the ref, a statement from Silver, retraction of the T call, and hopefully somewhere down the road, fines for atrocious calls like this.

kola
02-06-2014, 12:21 PM
nothing new here, refs have been screwing the raps for years... they need to play a perfect game to win as its almost always 8 on 5.

akesh99
02-06-2014, 12:28 PM
It loos like Mclemore actually caught Lowry's leg in the air and pulled it with him, making it appear Lowry was doing the leg kick a lot more than he actually was.

Thats exactly what I saw as well. The raps were just doomed from the start of this game. 51 ft's for the Kings, blatant no call and then Lowry gets tossed for no reason at all. Still proud of my team to battle back and only drop the game by 8. If the refs call that play appropriately, that game was ours.

True Sports Fan
02-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Raps committed a lot of fouls. Stop using the 51 FTs as an excuse. We still win anyways. Thomas only missed one FT all night, and it's likely he'd hit both to close the game.

ghettosean
02-06-2014, 12:59 PM
That was the absolute worst call ever!!! Replay or not that was unmistakably a foul on Lowry and should have been the bucket + 1

Sly Guy
02-06-2014, 01:05 PM
isn't it sad as an NBA fan I'm no longer shocked at B/S like this? My first reaction on seeing blown calls like this is no longer outrage, but laughter.

Jays Claw
02-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Absolutely hated the call. That was obviously a no-call (however a case could have been made for a foul on McLemore). As for the technical foul on Lowry, it was warranted.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
the refs were controlling the game all game. the kings went to the line like 50 times. . bad call after bad call. the last ones were just painfully obvious and we will get an apology from the league but will have to live with the loss regardless. oh well, on to the next one.

king4day
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Looks like he extended his leg out a bit at the very very end. Probably should have been a no call but if it was going to be called one way or the other, I have no problem with it. You can get called for the offensive foul if you kick your leg out. Whether it's his motion or not, that's the only reason the defender bumped into him.

smith&wesson
02-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Looks like he extended his leg out a bit at the very very end. Probably should have been a no call but if it was going to be called one way or the other, I have no problem with it. You can get called for the offensive foul if you kick your leg out. Whether it's his motion or not, that's the only reason the defender bumped into him.

I see the dude falling with both legs in the air. that wasnt a kick out. show me another kick out where the guy uses both legs and in the motion of falling.

bucketss
02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
51 ****ing freethrows :facepalm: did they really need that much help?

bucketss
02-06-2014, 02:27 PM
if u think that tech was bad, u should have seen his first one, he got it because he walked away :facepalm: facepalm:

kdspurman
02-06-2014, 02:34 PM
league will apologize i'm sure. that's pretty pathetic. i wish they called that when guys actually do kick their legs out or even when they sweep through trying to create contact

0nekhmer
02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
honestly this was the most one sided game refereed i've seen against the raptors since last season when we got THREE "apology letters" from the NBA for poor officiating calls.

Kings are #1 in committing fouls. How do you finish the game with Kings shooting 51 Free throws vs Toronoto's 24?

As a wise man once said "the ******* you gonna do?" - Jay Triano

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 03:40 PM
THe NBA refs cost the raptors 4 GAMES LAST YEAR. 4 TIMES. How does that even happen more than once?
**** the NBA and David Stern, And the new bald dude.

kenzo400
02-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Really? 51 free throws! What more do you want? Also, the Demarcus Cousins and JV tussle was hilarious.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
The kings got their calls. More than enough calls. Stop complaining please

kenzo400
02-06-2014, 03:46 PM

I wonder if it is even possible for someone to not move their legs while they are shooting/trying to avoid a defender running into them in the air and aiming to hit the shot.

FriedTofuz
02-06-2014, 03:48 PM
just in case peopel are uneducated about lowrys style, that's normally how he shoots the ball, he didnt kick out his legg or anything.

Bob_at_york
02-06-2014, 04:00 PM
I am fine with the tech. I think they are cracking down on players running to the other end of the court after getting called for a foul. I remember Lebron getting called after running to the bench.

ChiTownPacerFan
02-06-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't get the outrage. Looks like he slightly kicked out his leg and caused the contact. No way is that a foul on Mclemore. It's a judgment call, and, as Tredigs said, best case scenario that's Kings ball up 3 with 25 seconds left. I know it doesn't look like much, but I watched Reggie do that same thing for years.

Bob_at_york
02-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't get the outrage. Looks like he slightly kicked out his leg and caused the contact. No way is that a foul on Mclemore. It's a judgment call, and, as Tredigs said, best case scenario that's Kings ball up 3 with 25 seconds left. I know it doesn't look like much, but I watched Reggie do that same thing for years.
You understand the "foot kicking" rule is a relatively new rule. Some people call it the "Reggie Miller" rule. They put the rule in place because of Reggie.

ink
02-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Raps committed a lot of fouls. Stop using the 51 FTs as an excuse. We still win anyways. Thomas only missed one FT all night, and it's likely he'd hit both to close the game.

The call was terrible AND the Raptors lost the game in the first 3 Qs. Come on, we gave up 67 ****ing points in the first half lol. That's awful. What team is going to win a game with D like that?

Here's an honest answer from a Raptors player:

"Like I told the guys in the locker room, it was probably the worst game we've played since I got here," said Chuck Hayes, another former Kings player.

diu9leilomo
02-06-2014, 05:42 PM

Of course you don't get it. Paul George did the same play and it was awarded with an and1. The league is rigged, Adam silver hates Toronto Raptors as much as stern.

ink
02-06-2014, 05:44 PM
just in case peopel are uneducated about lowrys style, that's normally how he shoots the ball, he didnt kick out his legg or anything.

I agree. That's his normal follow through. Stupidest call I've seen in years.

But ... we can't claim it cost us the win. The first 3 awful quarters cost us the win.

ChiTownPacerFan
02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
You understand the "foot kicking" rule is a relatively new rule. Some people call it the "Reggie Miller" rule. They put the rule in place because of Reggie.

Yes, I know. I'm saying that I saw Reggie do this back in the day before the rule change. The rules are different now, that's why Lowry got called for an offensive foul. :shrug:

mike_noodles
02-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Terrible call.

ChiTownPacerFan
02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Of course you don't get it. Paul George did the same play and it was awarded with an and1. The league is rigged, Adam silver hates Toronto Raptors as much as stern.

If you really think that Adam Silver cares enough about the outcome of a regular season game between Toronto and Sacramento that he took specific actions to affect the outcome of the game, then please stop watching basketball and seek a mental health professional. You may be suffering from extreme delusions of persecution.

jsumadchat
02-06-2014, 06:47 PM
again, the raps shouldnt have been in that position in the first place. being down 22 in the third and having to depend on one call to swing the game isnt a good way to try and win and isnt a good strategy, whether the correct call was made or not.

however, if we are discussing the play in question, look again. im willing to give the no-call on the legs issue, since that is lowry's regular form and kick-out. what boggles me is, if you pay close attention, ben mack actually makes contact with his arms. THAT is where the foul was for me.

blastmasta26
02-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Should've been a no call. Also disagreed with the tech, but I haven't agreed with most T's ever since the refs decided to be more strict with those.

bucketss
02-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Should've been a no call. Also disagreed with the tech, but I haven't agreed with most T's ever since the refs decided to be more strict with those.

and too add, lol, they didn't call the foul when we tried to foul afterwards haha, , **** was so rigged.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-06-2014, 09:05 PM

:laugh2:

How is bad judgement by the refs Silver's fault?

Silver and the refs are 2 different parties.

ghettosean
02-07-2014, 12:24 AM

Shaq says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajcY_MJHLng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ill21
02-07-2014, 01:05 AM
I thought it was, he kicked his leg out

FriedTofuz
02-07-2014, 02:20 AM

The nba refs are instigated to be biased in regards to what the commisioner says.
I remember back in 2002 how david stern was like " it would be in everyone best interest if there was a game 7" so they made sure the kings lost to the lakers LOL

kenzo400
02-07-2014, 02:35 AM
again, the raps shouldnt have been in that position in the first place. being down 22 in the third and having to depend on one call to swing the game isnt a good way to try and win and isnt a good strategy, whether the correct call was made or not.

however, if we are discussing the play in question, look again. im willing to give the no-call on the legs issue, since that is lowry's regular form and kick-out. what boggles me is, if you pay close attention, ben mack actually makes contact with his arms. THAT is where the foul was for me.

I completely agree but it still would have been a hell of a comeback. I'm just pissed that the refs took that away from us.