poleandreel
02-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Jordan Farmar
Steve Blake
Wesley Johnson
Ryan Kelly
Robert Sacre

My god, how the might have fallen...

This is = / worse to the Smush, Mihm days.

NBA_Starter
02-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I'd have to go with worse..

P&GRealist
02-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Jordan Farmar
Steve Blake
Wesley Johnson
Ryan Kelly
Robert Sacre

Don't forget Luke Walton, Brian Cook and KWA-MAY Brown!

JWorthy42
02-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Whats the point of this thread...Lakers got murdered by injuries and are clearly in tank-mode, lol.

Lakers + Giants
02-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Somehow Lakers are up 30-15. This says more about the sorry *** cavs.

Relegate them to the D league. Contract them. Move them to Seattle.

tredigs
02-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Well Blake still doesn't have a field goal in like the 48 minutes he's been back, but he did just drop 8 first quarter assists. I guess Nash won't be playing b2b's?

PraiseJesus
02-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Dan Gilbert is a bigger crybaby than Dwight Howard

poleandreel
02-05-2014, 08:49 PM
haha not a bait thread at all. I just can't believe the Lakers cycles.

Win 3 championships, become utter horse ****. Win 2 more, become even worse horse ****.

There is like no middle ground. When they aren't good, the become so awful it's amazing.

abe_froman
02-05-2014, 08:57 PM

Win 3 championships, become utter horse ****. Win 2 more, become even worse horse ****.

There is like no middle ground. When they aren't good, the become so awful it's amazing.
its the perfect cycle though,its the best way to do things,if your not contending than you should tank.

i just find it funny that they're still destroying the cavs lol

kingsdelez24
02-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Jordan Farmar
Steve Blake
Wesley Johnson
Ryan Kelly
Robert Sacre

Don't forget Luke Walton, Brian Cook and KWA-MAY Brown!

Idk, 04-05 was worse

Lakers + Giants
02-05-2014, 09:14 PM
its the perfect cycle though,its the best way to do things,if your not contending than you should tank.

i just find it funny that they're still destroying the cavs lol

This. Might as well go for the #1 Pick.

Lakers have 3 #1 Picks in their history. Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, James Worthy. All top 50 players, yea, nuff said LMFAO.

NBA_Starter
02-05-2014, 09:26 PM
What's even more crazy, it is working.

Stunner
02-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Cavs suck

tredigs
02-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Idk, 04-05 was worse

Peak Kobe with prime Lamar Odom and Caron Butler was worse? I'm not sure about that.

ManRam
02-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Thank god they're playing Mike Brown!

However, this is probably the worst it will be...but there's no way the Lakers really turn things around completely for a few years. Even in LA, you can't have a roster this gutted and paying as much money as they will the next two years to one aging star and turn it around in a hurry. It just doesn't work that way.

Cal827
02-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Cleveland :pity:

TrueFan420
02-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Not nba thread worthy

numba1CHANGsta
02-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Only 7 active players and up by almost 30 points, WTF

Cal827
02-05-2014, 09:46 PM
^ That sig basically is how most people feel right now lol

L8kers4life
02-05-2014, 09:50 PM

This is a big misunderstanding you do realize the Lakers have missed the playoffs twice in their existence right?

Did you also know that the lakers have won a championship in Every Decade except the 60's. They have championships in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and 2010, your statement that " When they aren't good, the become so awful it's amazing.[/QUOTE]" is completely inaccurate it's comical, missing playoffs twice is not awful.

Stunner
02-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Not nba thread worthy

Thanks thread police

TrueFan420
02-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks thread police

You're lucky I'm just giving you a warning this time. Next time you'll be taken down to the station.

KnicksorBust
02-05-2014, 10:14 PM
This. Might as well go for the #1 Pick.

Lakers have 3 #1 Picks in their history. Elgin Baylor, Magic Johnson, James Worthy. All top 50 players, yea, nuff said LMFAO.

Maybe it's just me but despite James Worthy's wildly successful career he will never feel like a #1 overall pick.

KnicksorBust
02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Thanks thread police

:laugh: Yeah seriously. I actually think it's a great thread. To find an NBA starting lineup without a top 200 player is pretty impressive.

TrueFan420
02-05-2014, 10:22 PM
:laugh: Yeah seriously. I actually think it's a great thread. To find an NBA starting lineup without a top 200 player is pretty impressive.

Um the bobcats of a year or two ago say hi

PraiseJesus
02-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Why did Kyrie Irving not play in 4th qtr?

I hate Dan Gilbert

When that lineup score 119 points you know that the Cavs were ordered by the owner to lose

Cal827
02-05-2014, 10:29 PM
^ The fix is already in for the 2014 Draft for Cleveland.

That, or Irving is about to demand a trade to LA in 3..2..

Pathetic by the Cavs

Bruno
02-05-2014, 10:38 PM

However, this is probably the worst it will be...but there's no way the Lakers really turn things around completely for a few years. Even in LA, you can't have a roster this gutted and paying as much money as they will the next two years to one aging star and turn it around in a hurry. It just doesn't work that way.

they could turn it around quickly. I'm putting money on landing a top five draft pick. all it's gona take is one free agent to sign, then LAL can unload a top five pick with fillers for a disgruntled all-star caliber player. Kind of like how Boston traded the #5 pick for Ray Allen in 2007. Like you said they're paying Kobe for the next two and a half years large, they'll flip this pick in a package for the right player. the rest of this Laker squad would make for a nice bench around Kobe, the FA, and whatever player LA gets in return for this draft pick. Lakers were at least smart enough to not include the 2014 first round pick in the Nash deal. brilliant escape plan by the Laker brass to not include the '14, just incase everything imploded- as it did.

if LA can move Gasol and get out of luxury, there's zero incentive for the team to tank beyond this season. the 2015 first rounder is going to Phoenix, so finishing in the lottery is a bad idea. LA will be able to spend big again next year without moving into the multi year repeater tax if they can move gasol now. I look for the brass to move Gasol before the deadline and get prepared to shop for a disgruntled all-star with a top five draft pick package.

biggest question is which all-star signs in free agency. this year might not have a great fit, which is bad timing if you're the Lakers without a 2015 draft pick cause you don't wana have to wait and tank again for another year to have access to a more preferable FA class. I'd prefer some of the free agents from the FA class of '15 and '16 more, but not having that 2015 pick and paying Kobe means you gotta get a guy now.

KnicksorBust
02-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Um the bobcats of a year or two ago say hi

They were the worst team in NBA History. The fact that you have to reference the WORST TEAM IN NBA History in a comparison with the Los Angeles Lakers proves how good this thread actually is to all.

WITZ
02-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Why did Kyrie Irving not play in 4th qtr?

I hate Dan Gilbert

When that lineup score 119 points you know that the Cavs were ordered by the owner to lose

Possibly the dumbest **** i have read on here :facepalm:

P&GRealist
02-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Please no more Cavs in the lottery. I'm sick of seeing Gilbert's 4 eyed nerd of a son on my TV screen every damn June!

Cal827
02-05-2014, 10:44 PM
:laugh:

NBA_Starter
02-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Winner, winner :speechless:

ManRam
02-05-2014, 10:56 PM
they could turn it around quickly. I'm putting money on landing a top five draft pick. all it's gona take is one free agent to sign, then LAL can unload a top five pick with fillers for a disgruntled all-star caliber player. Kind of like how Boston traded the #5 pick for Ray Allen in 2007. Like you said they're paying Kobe for the next two and a half years large, they'll flip this pick in a package for the right player. the rest of this Laker squad would make for a nice bench around Kobe, the FA, and whatever player LA gets in return for this draft pick. Lakers were at least smart enough to not include the 2014 first round pick in the Nash deal. brilliant escape plan by the Laker brass to not include the '14, just incase everything imploded- as it did.

if LA can move Gasol and get out of luxury, there's zero incentive for the team to tank beyond this season. the 2015 first rounder is going to Phoenix, so finishing in the lottery is a bad idea. LA will be able to spend big again next year without moving into the multi year repeater tax if they can move gasol now. I look for the brass to move Gasol before the deadline and get prepared to shop for a disgruntled all-star with a top five draft pick package.

biggest question is which all-star signs in free agency. this year might not have a great fit, which is bad timing if you're the Lakers without a 2015 draft pick cause you don't wana have to wait and tank again for another year to have access to a more preferable FA class. I'd prefer some of the free agents from the FA class of '15 and '16 more, but not having that 2015 pick and paying Kobe means you gotta get a guy now.

not quick enough to compete with kobe.

that top-5 pick isn't gonna help you win right away. look how long it took KD. it even took lebron some time. rose, kyrie, AD, etc. etc. etc...that guy isn't having a huge impact year 1.

unless y'all sign lebron, draft the rookie that helps the most immediately and he's helping at a level that's almost unprecedented right out of the gate, and have kobe come back playing as good of ball as he has the last 5-6 years, y'all aren't contending terribly soon. :shrug: and none of those 3 things are happening.

kobebabe
02-05-2014, 10:57 PM

Don't ever underestimate the heart of champions! Remember Celtics??? When they had almost the worst record and won it the next season?? It can be done. Not saying we will do it but just saying it can be done

TrueFan420
02-05-2014, 11:00 PM
They were the worst team in NBA History. The fact that you have to reference the WORST TEAM IN NBA History in a comparison with the Los Angeles Lakers proves how good this thread actually is to all.

Steve Blake is in the top 200 dude. As well as Kaman and young even tho they came off the bench.

kobebabe
02-05-2014, 11:02 PM

that top-5 pick isn't gonna help you win right away. look how long it took KD. it even took lebron some time. rose, kyrie, AD, etc. etc. etc...that guy isn't having a huge impact year 1.

unless y'all sign lebron, draft the rookie that helps the most immediately and he's helping at a level that's almost unprecedented right out of the gate, and have kobe come back playing as good of ball as he has the last 5-6 years, y'all aren't contending terribly soon. :shrug: and none of those 3 things are happening.

I think all he is saying is package the pick for a star and some fillers. Not bring in the Pick to help turn next season around. Personally I don't agree with that. I would rather we draft a good player and develop them in hope of grooming them for the post kobe era. But if a good star would be available, why not?

ManRam
02-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Don't ever underestimate the heart of champions! Remember Celtics??? When they had almost the worst record and won it the next season?? It can be done. Not saying we will do it but just saying it can be done

"Heart of a champion" being the laundry the players are wearing, an old Kobe Bryant and an ancient Steve Nash? Hell, the Lakers don't even have the great owner or a legendary coach anymore. Banking on that mystique is silly to me.

If they do turn it around next year it's not because of some mythical force or their "heart of a champion"...it's because they made some amazing moves.

The Celtics turned it around because they had nice young talent (Rondo and Perkins). They had a 29 year old Paul Pierce and some very good assets. They had Al Jefferson. They had Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and Ryan Gomes...all of whom were better assets than anything the Lakers will have this off-season (hint: they literally have zero assets because everyone's a FA). They had Theo Ratliff's expiring contract. They turned that into KG. The Lakers don't have the pieces to get a prime KG.

To get Allen they moved Delonte West, Wally Szcerbiak and the 5th overall pick.

That draft pick is the only asset you have. You don't have the cap space to bring in a star and put 10 more guys on the roster to the extent that it can contend. As I said, outside of signing LeBron, getting some huge bargains in FA and a draft pick that is an AS out of the gate, and a dominant Kobe, it's not happening. And...that's not happening.

The C's were in a better place than the Lakers. They actually had assets. They didn't have Kobe Bryant making $24M. They didn't become champions because of their "heart"...they did it because they pulled off some amazing deals.

ManRam
02-05-2014, 11:20 PM
I think all he is saying is package the pick for a star and some fillers. Not bring in the Pick to help turn next season around. Personally I don't agree with that. I would rather we draft a good player and develop them in hope of grooming them for the post kobe era. But if a good star would be available, why not?

I'll admit that I skimmed over his first paragraph...foolishly because he's a great poster.

Yes, and as I just said, trading that pick is about the only way it can be done. We'll see. I just think it's pretty unlikely. For every Boston there are a TON of other teams that fail at a quick rebuild. Even though you are the Lakers, it's still far more unlikely than not that you bounce back with Kobe, Nash, Sacre, Marshall and a great draft pick being all you have. :shrug:

Bruno
02-05-2014, 11:21 PM

i'm kinda surprised you'd respond without reading my whole post. gimme a re-read and tell me what you think.

NBA_Starter
02-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Cavs need to get rid of Mike Brown for sure!

Stunner
02-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I hope all the top talent refuse to work out with the Cavs . That would be a sight , poor Wiggins might be a CavI

nickdymez
02-06-2014, 02:15 PM

You think Kobe is that bad that no matter who they pick up they cant compete? Lebron is the only player in the NBA that can help the Lakers?

Bruno
02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
You think Kobe is that bad that no matter who they pick up they cant compete? Lebron is the only player in the NBA that can help the Lakers?

in his defense, he didn't read the post he responded to. I'm sure he'd agree that there's a practical and reasonable way in which LA can become a playoff team within the next two seasons.

nickdymez
02-06-2014, 05:02 PM
in his defense, he didn't read the post he responded to. I'm sure he'd agree that there's a practical and reasonable way in which LA can become a playoff team within the next two seasons.

Gotcha

ManRam
02-06-2014, 05:26 PM

a rebuild overnight is A LOT to just expect. i know it's the lakers and they probably have a better shot just because of the good graces of being in LA, but it's still a lot to ask for. i think the heat are really the only comparable team that has really ever (?) done it. i explained why i don't think this is a boston situation because of the lack of assets. that potential top-5 pick is a huge one, but that's only a fraction of what boston had to offer. maybe it helps net you one, who knows. it's again expecting a ton. maybe as a magic fan -- or a fan of any team but the lakers, heat, bulls, knicks or c's -- it's just hard for me to expect that the best possible circumstance ever happens. i'm more of a realist...maybe a pessimist. but for the lakers to truly contend they need their attempt to shoot for the moon to pay off. i'm not going to sit here and pretend it's likely. pardon me.

is lebron the only player that can help the lakers? of course not. but i don't think a wade + kobe core is good enough. i don't think a kobe + melo core is. bosh? dirk? monroe? idk man. considering you'd be filling up essentially all of the remeaing cap space to sign one of them, you will have two really good players and nothing else. FILLING the roster is what's gonna be hard IMO. the 08 celtics had tony allen, kendrick perkins, rajon rondo, and leon powe already on the roster. that's all of their key role players minus 1 already there. acquiring that depth in one off season is doable...but again, REALLY hard to expect especially with limited finances.

it has nothing to do with kobe hate...at least past the extent that i don't think you can bank on top-3 player in the NBA version of kobe being there. it has everything to do with looking at a roster, finances, the FA market and realizing that going from a bottom-5 team to a top-3 team in one offseason is beyond rare

NBA_Starter
02-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Yeah it is very rare.