PDA

View Full Version : Lebron with a double flop on the same play!!

BoSox47
02-03-2014, 10:52 PM
http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/bron-bron-with-the-rare-double-flop-on-the-same-play/

How does he not get fined for stuff like this, its becoming a weekly performance he is flopping.

poleandreel
02-03-2014, 11:02 PM
not thread worthy

Leftcoast_yg
02-03-2014, 11:09 PM
Very thread worthy, dude is as strong as a bull and flopping like a fish, sad.

jaydubb
02-03-2014, 11:13 PM
I keep thinking one of these days lebron will stop playing like this.. As impressive as his game is, its equally as pathetic the way he continues to flop like a fish..

bucketss
02-03-2014, 11:13 PM
him and blake i give a pass to, these dude get pounded sometimes with no call, they get cheap shots from everyone but since they're big refs don't give a F, so either flop or lay some of these mother****ers out

TheChandlerFlu
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
It sets a very poor example.

JNA17
02-03-2014, 11:19 PM
There is no justice in this league if Lebron doesn't at the very least get fined.

RipCity32
02-03-2014, 11:26 PM
He is very babied by the refs. It was frustrating playing the Heat tonight because of the refs.

houstonfan
02-03-2014, 11:30 PM
I keep thinking one of these days lebron will stop playing like this.. As impressive as his game is, its equally as pathetic the way he continues to flop like a fish..

This.

FlashBolt
02-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Lol. Pathetic. People need to understand that players are going to do whatever it takes to win. Do you think Jordan pushing and talking trash about people's mother's just as respectful? Gimme a break. He's trying to win and if the league doesn't take it seriously - it's their problem. Don't blame the player, blame the game.

John Walls Era
02-03-2014, 11:33 PM
don't hate the player, hate the game.

JNA17
02-03-2014, 11:36 PM

Why not both?

Slug3
02-03-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm not making much of an excuse for the first one. But the second he got elbowed in the face. That would cause a reaction from anyone.

FlashBolt
02-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Why not both?

Then that's your problem - not his. If there is a loophole to the system, NBA should fix it instead of complaining.

JNA17
02-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Then that's your problem - not his. If there is a loophole to the system, NBA should fix it instead of complaining.

Or maybe in a position that Lebron is in as one of the best players in the league, he should have a higher standard for such things, instead of being apart of the problem.

tr3ymill3r
02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
If you want to put a real end to flopping, you get rid of the warnings and fines and start with suspensions. If they are concerned about real hits that might be seen as flops, I say well you should have thought about that before I had to police yourselves and not let you continue to turn this game into a ***** sport full of *******.

kobebabe
02-03-2014, 11:41 PM
I guess he will start getting fined if the rule is 3 flops in one play :D

But Seriously this is pathetic to watch! Sets such a bad example

JNA17
02-03-2014, 11:42 PM
If you want to put a real end to flopping, you get rid of the warnings and fines and start with suspensions. If they are concerned about real hits that might be seen as flops, I say well you should have thought about that before I had to police yourselves and not let you continue to turn this game into a ***** sport full of *******.

I'm all for that. But sadly, the league staff is filled with cowards though. They would probably only suspend role players at best.

Max.This
02-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Tell us something we don't know. If he was on my team i'd defend him too, so no one blames you heat fans

FlashBolt
02-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Or maybe in a position that Lebron is in as one of the best players in the league, he should have a higher standard for such things, instead of being apart of the problem.

That's like saying KG and Jordan should stop talking trash. Since we're talking about higher standards, maybe Jordan should have been fined for punching Steve Kerr. Stop complaining. If I'm playing professionally and the league doesn't provide harsh consequences in such cases, I'm taking advantage. Put a damn penalty of two games without pay (the game played and the next game they sit out) and I can guarantee you won't see such nonsense. Look, I agree with you guys. I hate to see flopping. But if the league doesn't do a damn thing about it - because we all know they are aware of it - it's their fault.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 12:11 AM
This is one of the main things I don't respect about Lebron. I hate that the best player in the NBA is a terrible flopper. It's bad in so many ways and shows what the league has become.

The thing that bugs me the most is I've seen guys in the 80's & 90's take some serious blows from opponents and they don't even have reactions like this. It's so strange to me that a guy who really gets wacked hard can get right back up back in the day, and now we have this new generation of pansies falling down as if they've been shot after no contact. Just terrible.

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 12:16 AM
No bueno. You can't have the best player and face of the league setting such an example.

Inexcusable.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 12:19 AM
No bueno. You can't have the best player and face of the league setting such an example.

Inexcusable.

What's worse is the kids of today are modeling their game after the floppers in the league today. My nephew flopped last month in a highschool game and I cursed him the hell out for doing it. He told me that he saw Lebron & Wade do it so he said he's been doing it every since. Flopping irritates me so much.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 12:20 AM
That's like saying KG and Jordan should stop talking trash. Since we're talking about higher standards, maybe Jordan should have been fined for punching Steve Kerr. Stop complaining. If I'm playing professionally and the league doesn't provide harsh consequences in such cases, I'm taking advantage. Put a damn penalty of two games without pay (the game played and the next game they sit out) and I can guarantee you won't see such nonsense. Look, I agree with you guys. I hate to see flopping. But if the league doesn't do a damn thing about it - because we all know they are aware of it - it's their fault.

Talking trash is great for the game. I want to see more of that. Too many wanna be goodie goodie players in this league that don't show their real side, or at the very least, show some back bone. No rivalries, no entertainment.

Just because their are currently no consequences for such things doesn't make it right for players to abuse such things. Especially the ones that are already really good without needing the help off of blind Zebras.

It's not good for the game and it's not good for any player's career for being known as a flopper. Watching players talk trash and get at each other is entertainment for both the teams and the viewers, players flopping because refs are stupid and no consequences happen to you is not.

Yeah, the league is at fault for doing virtually nothing to prevent this even though their are many solutions like what you and a couple of other posters mentioned, but it's also the players fault for abusing it time and time again.

It's one thing when role players like Reggie Evans does it, but when you're held to a higher standard as one of the best in the league, when you're in a position where people look up to you as an idol, role model or whatever, you're suppose to show that your better than that. You're supposed to show that you don't need to pull such bush league tactics in order to gain adventure. It's supposed to be skill and skill alone.

What happened to dignity? Pride? So much lying and cheating.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 12:22 AM

What are you talking about? I miss the days where players did trash talk eachother.

Slug3
02-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Talking trash is great for the game. I want to see more of that. Too many wanna be goodie goodie players in this league that don't show their real side, or at the very least, show some back bone. No rivalries, no entertainment.

Just because their are currently no consequences for such things doesn't make it right for players to abuse such things. Especially the ones that are already really good without needing the help off of blind Zebras.

It's not good for the game and it's not good for any player's career for being known as a flopper. Watching players talk trash and get at each other is entertainment for both the teams and the viewers, players flopping because refs are stupid and no consequences happen to you is not.

Yeah, the league is at fault for doing virtually nothing to prevent this even though their are many solutions like what you and a couple of other posters mentioned, but it's also the players fault for abusing it time and time again.

It's one thing when role players like Reggie Evans does it, but when you're held to a higher standard as one of the best in the league, when you're in a position where people look up to you as an idol, role model or whatever, you're suppose to show that your better than that.

How can KG trash talking people smaller than him good? I would be ok with it if it was someone his size or like a Sheed or MWP. But he never does. Always goes after the small scrub on a team.

KniCks4LiFe
02-04-2014, 12:23 AM
stabbed and shot on the same play.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 12:24 AM

It's one thing when role players like Reggie Evans does it, but when you're held to a higher standard as one of the best in the league, when you're in a position where people look up to you as an idol, role model or whatever, you're suppose to show that your better than that. You're supposed to show that you don't need to pull such bush league tactics in order to gain adventure. It's supposed to be skill and skill alone.

Exactly. The best player in the league is the best no matter what. A player of such would hold himself in such high regard that he would compete without flopping.

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Are some people here really trying to justify this?

JNA17
02-04-2014, 12:26 AM
How can KG trash talking people smaller than him good? I would be ok with it if it was someone his size or like a Sheed or MWP. But he never does. Always goes after the small scrub on a team.

You're naming one example out of the many other awesome trash talkers like Reggie Miller? Gary Payton? MJ? etc?

KG is a total ***** and I never liked him, but it's great to see when KG tries to be tough with his skinny body and then a guy his size comes out at him and he runs like a coward.

So yeah, I'm ok with whatever KG does as long as he gets what is coming to him later. He's not good anymore either so he can't let his game do the talking either.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 12:27 AM

It doesn't matter who trash talks who. Gary Payton talked trash to any and everybody. It's just a game within a game and it shows the competitiveness of these players. Flopping is only done to gain an advantage and it's cheating the game for basketball purists like myself who truly love and appreciate the game.

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Hopefully this is the last time we see this from LeBron.

I really hope he just plays the game and gets rid of the unnecessary histrionics. I'm sure this will be his last time. He is an ambassador of the game. He knows that and will act accordingly.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Hopefully this is the last time we see this from LeBron.

I really hope he just plays the game and gets rid of the unnecessary histrionics. I'm sure this will be his last time. He is an ambassador of the game. He knows that and will act accordingly.

I'd be the first one to praise him for removing the flopping from his game if he did. I mean, this guy has to have seen how ridiculous it looks every time he flops.

NYKnickFanatic
02-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Did they find the sniper?

JNA17
02-04-2014, 12:40 AM
I'd be the first one to praise him for removing the flopping from his game if he did. I mean, this guy has to have seen how ridiculous it looks every time he flops.

If the guy can throw a giant "F YOU" to Cleveland and his home state on National Television, I don't think he no longer cares about how ridiculous he acts or looks at this point.

Than again...I would probably tell off Cleveland just for the fact that it exists as a city too XD.

(ok that was mean, sorry)

Fnom11
02-04-2014, 12:50 AM
A lot of circle jerking going on in here....

JNA17
02-04-2014, 12:51 AM

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/5IVE5/Gifs/564_zps1b9234d5.gif

Stunner
02-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Cousins and Harden flop a lot as well

BoSox47
02-04-2014, 01:08 AM
I'm not making much of an excuse for the first one. But the second he got elbowed in the face. That would cause a reaction from anyone.

so an elbow to the face equal a fall to the ground?

JNA17
02-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Cousins and Harden flop a lot as well

Oh don't even get more started with Harden. Cousins just has a terrible attitude. XD

BoSox47
02-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Did they find the sniper?

Hes still at large

Stunner
02-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Hes still at large

I found him he's spotted in Sactown

BoSox47
02-04-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm all for that. But sadly, the league staff is filled with cowards though. They would probably only suspend role players at best.

This is where you do what the nhl did by bringing in brendan shanahan to decide punishments. Bring in someone who will call it fair for everyone and deal out the suspension. Im sure after a game or two off, players around the league will stop flopping

JNA17
02-04-2014, 01:15 AM
This is where you do what the nhl did by bringing in brendan shanahan to decide punishments. Bring in someone who will call it fair for everyone and deal out the suspension. Im sure after a game or two off, players around the league will stop flopping

I'm all for that too. Anything to stop this bush league crap.

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Not only did Monroe barely brush his face at BEST on the second, he didn't even TOUCH him on the first.

THIS is why Lebron will never go down to me as a legend. When you're built like a mini Karl Malone, exactly WHY do you need to resort to this kind of pathetic, girlish, female, sissy azz nonsense.

NBA used to stand for = No Boys Allowed.

Today NBA might as well stand for = Nancy B*tches All-Day

When I played in highschool and college, doing that would get you laughed at. You'd probably be kicked off the court. It's play-acting in SPORTS. He's tarnishing the game; same with Harden, Durant, and Paul.

You got a problem when the best players in the league all do this crap. And the very best is by far the worst out of all of them...

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Because Pistons didn't do whatever it took to win. Jordan never hit Kerr. Yet, these are all excusable.

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 01:28 AM
Because Pistons didn't do whatever it took to win. Jordan never hit Kerr. Yet, these are all excusable.

Oh wow a Cheat fan, how surprising.

You're comparing playing excessively hard to playing excessively soft?

LOL.

One's physical competition, the other one is acting like a ******.

And btw, NO ONE is condoning Jordan being a jackazz and hitting his teammates, only to wilt under the pressure when Robert Parish or Bill Cartwright threatened him back.

Nor does anyone think Detroit wasn't dirty.

But they played like MEN. Not WOMEN.

IgglesFanInCO
02-04-2014, 01:29 AM
first one he was obviously just avoiding the elbow while trying to maintain vision, second one he accentuated actually getting hit

there are worse flops every few minutes of most nba games, dont blow this up over one like this, at least use one of lbjs bad flops

Chronz
02-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Love when the trolls exaggerate any offense as if its a "daily occurrence"

numba1CHANGsta
02-04-2014, 01:57 AM
He should get fined, Hope Silver isnt a Lebron nut hugger like Stern was,

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 02:03 AM

I wouldn't define it as a "daily occurrence" because teams often play every other day but to downplay this as if this was his first offense is just denial.

nastynice
02-04-2014, 02:05 AM
Is that quote in the link actually legit? Where lebron said he doesn't flop?

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 02:07 AM
Is that quote in the link actually legit? Where lebron said he doesn't flop?

God I hope not. If it is an actual quote than this guy is full of more BS and cliches than anyone I've ever seen.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Everyone in the NBA flops. You don't think Jordan or Bryant flopped? Lmao, what a joke. You guys are just enamored with the fact that it's LeBron. This is one of those "we can finally hate about LeBron so all you Kobe-lovers/MJ-lovers who are scared of dethroning should come here and rant" trash topic's.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Everyone in the NBA flops. You don't think Jordan or Bryant flopped?

Prove otherwise.

Also even if that were the case, doesn't make it right or excuse the players from doing it.

benzni
02-04-2014, 02:15 AM
disgusting.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Prove otherwise.

Also even if that were the case, doesn't make it right or excuse the players from doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jL84Sqgum0

If it doesn't excuse them from doing it, guess who's fault it is? The NBA. I don't blame the players for abusing a system that is known from the inventors.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHv9CYCGglQ

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jL84Sqgum0

If it doesn't excuse them from doing it, guess who's fault it is? The NBA. I don't blame the players for abusing a system that is known from the inventors.

I'm confused, where was the flop exactly? If that was a flop, than Shane Battier is the number 1 flopper lol.

Well it shows what kind of fan you are.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHv9CYCGglQ

Lol nice attempt at using a video by the most disgusted ref of all time.

WITZ
Has any one brought up the quote from the article :laugh:

"I donít need to flop. I play an aggressive game but I donít flop. Iíve never been one of those guys. I donít need to flop. I donít even know how to do it. So it doesnít mean much to me.Ē
- Lebron James

FlashBolt
I'm confused, where was the flop exactly? If that was a flop, than Shane Battier is the number 1 flopper lol.

Jordan bops his head back before contact. Actually, he was never touched. Have a nice day.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Lol nice attempt at using a video by the most disgusted ref of all time.

So you're telling me Kobe didn't flop? Okay.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Voice of the voiceless. Lol. Show's what type of fan you are.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Jordan bops his head back before contact. Actually, he was never touched. Have a nice day.

More like Thomas bumped him and Jordan creates contact due to that.

Have a nice day.

jerellh528
02-04-2014, 02:28 AM
Talking trash in sports in competitive, flopping is perversion of the game. Huge difference, the guys comparing the two need to stop that.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:31 AM
Talking trash in sports in competitive, flopping is perversion of the game. Huge difference, the guys comparing the two need to stop that.

It's ridiculous how sensitive people have become to that. Rivalries and fights is what makes the league entertaining.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:32 AM
More like Thomas bumped him and Jordan creates contact due to that.

Have a nice day.

Watch the video and see how Jordan is already reacting before the elbow is being raised. And what happened with Kobe? Can't disprove the fact that he was pushed with such low force that he almost fell but then gathers his feet within a second to ask for a pass? Nice try, amateur.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2014, 02:33 AM
not thread worthy

him and blake i give a pass to, these dude get pounded sometimes with no call, they get cheap shots from everyone but since they're big refs don't give a F, so either flop or lay some of these mother****ers out

Lol. Pathetic. People need to understand that players are going to do whatever it takes to win. Do you think Jordan pushing and talking trash about people's mother's just as respectful? Gimme a break. He's trying to win and if the league doesn't take it seriously - it's their problem. Don't blame the player, blame the game.

first one he was obviously just avoiding the elbow while trying to maintain vision, second one he accentuated actually getting hit

there are worse flops every few minutes of most nba games, dont blow this up over one like this, at least use one of lbjs bad flops

Everyone in the NBA flops. You don't think Jordan or Bryant flopped? Lmao, what a joke. You guys are just enamored with the fact that it's LeBron. This is one of those "we can finally hate about LeBron so all you Kobe-lovers/MJ-lovers who are scared of dethroning should come here and rant" trash topic's.

This sums it up.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Watch the video and see how Jordan is already reacting before the elbow is being raised. And what happened with Kobe? Can't disprove the fact that he was pushed with such low force that he almost fell but then gathers his feet within a second to ask for a pass? Nice try, amateur.

You know, when you say "good day", you know you're supposed to actually leave right?

The only amateur here is you and your concept of right and wrong.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:35 AM
It's ridiculous how sensitive people have become to that. Rivalries and fights is what makes the league entertaining.

Entertainment is subjective. That's what you don't understand. Some people would much rather watch a clean game where they aren't barbaric. It's ridiculous how you can't seem to understand that fighting isn't what NBA is about. National Basketball Association. Not National Basketball and Boxing Association. There's a reason why we have separate sports for that. Check UFC, Mayweather, Pacquiao, or even WWE if you want that kind of garbage. Seems you're into that so stop being a hypocrite. WWE wrestlers are all FLOPPERS - yet you're entertained by it.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:36 AM
You know, when you say "good day", you know you're supposed to actually leave right?

The only amateur here is you and your concept of right and wrong.

Yet you said "have a nice day" but you're still here? Jesus. Continue typing so I can further point out your hypocritical flaws. +, the next time you try and type as if you're an English major student, understand how grammatically horrific you are.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:36 AM
Entertainment is subjective. That's what you don't understand. Some people would much rather watch a clean game where they aren't barbaric. It's ridiculous how you can't seem to understand that fighting isn't what NBA is about. National Basketball Association. Not National Basketball and Boxing Association. There's a reason why we have separate sports for that. Check UFC, Mayweather, Pacquiao, or even WWE if you want that kind of garbage. Seems you're into that so stop being a hypocrite. WWE wrestlers are all FLOPPERS - yet you're entertained by it.

I love how you compared the NBA to WWE. Good job for pretty much describing what the current state of the NBA is. :clap:

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:37 AM
Yet you said "have a nice day" but you're still here? Jesus. Continue typing so I can further point out your hypocritical flaws.

More like mocking you at your use for "have a nice day" like you won the ******** Olympics.

effen5
02-04-2014, 02:38 AM

Except there isn't a loop hole. Isn't there already a rule on flopping?

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Except there isn't a loop hole. Isn't there already a rule on flopping?

That is the loop hole. NBA doesn't punish the players. By punishment, I mean an actual consequence that causes them to regret doing it again. $5000 is what they make per minute for a season assuming they are playing. Why not fine them for the game and have them sit out the next game without pay? If I'm working at Best Buy and I have the opportunity to steal an iPhone 5s with my punishment being $5, I'm stealing that iPhone 5s every time. That $5 is $5000 for most superstars. You think they go to the locker room giving a damn if they get fined $5000?

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 02:42 AM

What flop??

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:43 AM
What flop??

Exactly.

effen5
02-04-2014, 02:44 AM
BTW this is one of many things I absolutely hate about the league right now. Flopping. Blake, Lebron, Chris Paul...god damn it is annoying. Makes a lot of these games unwatchable.

effen5
02-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Exactly.

and providing one play out of a 15 year career doesn't exactly help his point either.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:45 AM
I love how you compared the NBA to WWE. Good job for pretty much describing what the current state of the NBA is. :clap:

NBA and WWE are both in existence because they entertain. Such act is called "entertainment." You said you hate floppers but you're a fan of WWE - which promotes flopping. Therefore, by general statements and implications, you just admitted to being a hypocrite. It's funny how you can't put 1 and 1 together. You just can't seem to admit that it's the NBA's fault and not the players.

Leave it to the LAL fanboys to agree with one another. How does Jordan flopping once out of 15 years imply he doesn't flop? He flopped once and that's called flopping regardless of how you put it. Place into the fact that effen5 just admitted that Jordan did flop. God, I love making fools look silly.

LAOwnsAll15
02-04-2014, 02:46 AM

Common bro you sound hella soft right now.
You takin the words that applied to players when they would beat each other's *** and disrespect the hell out of each other for a minor edge in the game. This midset doesnt not and should never be involved with FLOPPING.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:46 AM
BTW this is one of many things I absolutely hate about the league right now. Flopping. Blake, Lebron, Chris Paul...god damn it is annoying. Makes a lot of these games unwatchable.

Charles Oakley and Zo would probably quit the league if they were playing in their prime today :laugh:

effen5
02-04-2014, 02:47 AM
NBA and WWE are both in existence because they entertain. Such act is called "entertainment." You said you hate floppers but you're a fan of WWE - which promotes flopping. Therefore, by general statements and implications, you just admitted to being a hypocrite. It's funny how you can't put 1 and 1 together. You just can't seem to admit that it's the NBA's fault and not the players.
So you're saying the NBA promotes flopping?

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:48 AM
Common bro you sound hella soft right now.
You takin the words that applied to players when they would beat each other's *** and disrespect the hell out of each other for a minor edge in the game. This midset doesnt not and should never be involved with FLOPPING.

The mindset is to win. Can you type properly without sounding uneducated? Oh wait, I can see how that worked for you.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
So you're saying the NBA promotes flopping?

I'm not saying they promote it but why haven't they developed a proper penalization? Flopping has been growing exponentially for years now. It should be very easy to implement it. Maybe there's a process or structural guideline they have to follow; I don't know.

effen5
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
Charles Oakley and Zo would probably quit the league if they were playing in their prime today :laugh:

I've actually stopped watching majority of the NBA. I actually don't find the game as entertaining anymore. I only watch the Bulls.

effen5
02-04-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm not saying they promote it but why haven't they developed a proper penalization? Flopping has been growing exponentially for years now. It should be very easy to implement it. Maybe there's a process or structural guideline they have to follow; I don't know.

They do have a process, the NBA is just dumb and don't want to implement every time it happens. It makes the NBA a hypocrite.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 02:52 AM

I really don't understand your logic. That's like saying the state of Colorado legalized weed, and if you become an addicted pothead who lets his life go to waste, the state of Colorado is to blame and not the individual. That's just the most absurd line of reasoning ever for defending Lebron's flopping.

It's a sad excuse when Lebron apologists have to do this when the majority of NBA players do not flop as blatantly as Lebron, Blake, or CP3 do. It's even sadder that it's some of the best NBA players in the league who do it as if they don't already have every advantage when it comes to getting the whistle.

I really do challenge you to come up with as many Kobe flops as you can. I've looked into it myself and I've never found any evidence to label Kobe a flopper. I would then love for you to compare any of those to all of the times Lebron's caught flopping and come back and tell me that you believe Kobe to be a flopper as well and to the degree that Lebron does it. I've certainly seen Kobe attempt at taking charges but he's awful at it.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:54 AM
They do have a process, the NBA is just dumb and don't want to implement every time it happens. It makes the NBA a hypocrite.

So you agree with me but persist on making invalid arguments towards me? I don't get it. I stated numerous of times that NBA players flop because NBA management isn't efficient. They have done some things very well but flopping has got to be a huge red flag when it comes to solving issues. I posted earlier that I hate flopping. In no way is it the right thing to do as it does not have anything to do with basketball. Neither does fighting or foul play. People who enjoy basketball can watch basketball without those moments.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 02:54 AM
I've actually stopped watching majority of the NBA. I actually don't find the game as entertaining anymore. I only watch the Bulls.

The Bulls are a great team to watch. Tough, hard-nosed, physical defense with no acting, and they just come to play every night. I totally agree with you man. The most annoying this is to NBA players flopping and it really does turn fans away from the game.

JNA17
02-04-2014, 02:57 AM
The Bulls are a great team to watch. Tough, hard-nosed, physical defense with no acting, and they just come to play every night. I totally agree with you man. The most annoying this is to NBA players flopping and it really does turn fans away from the game.

And they have a coach that doesn't take BS effort from the players. Very rare team in today's NBA.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 02:59 AM
I really don't understand your logic. That's like saying the state of Colorado legalized weed, and if you become an addicted pothead who lets his life go to waste, the state of Colorado is to blame and not the individual. That's just the most absurd line of reasoning ever for defending Lebron's flopping.

It's a sad excuse when Lebron apologists have to do this when the majority of NBA players do not flop as blatantly as Lebron, Blake, or CP3 do. It's even sadder that it's some of the best NBA players in the league who do it as if they don't already have every advantage when it comes to getting the whistle.

I really do challenge you to come up with as many Kobe flops as you can. I've looked into it myself and I've never found any evidence to label Kobe a flopper. I would then love for you to compare any of those to all of the times Lebron's caught flopping and come back and tell me that you believe Kobe to be a flopper as well and to the degree that Lebron does it. I've certainly seen Kobe attempt at taking charges but he's awful at it.

Lol. Your analogy is completely different. 1) Potheads don't let their life waste away. In fact, some of the greatest minds have involved pot in their life. You're talking more extreme measures. Smoking pot is not life threatening. If someone smokes pot and doesn't find a job - that's not the pot's fault. Of course, NBA players have a choice to flop or not but ultimately they are trying to win. There's a reason why Colorado and many other states are contemplating the legalization of marijuana. 1) I never said Kobe is a glorified flopper. I showed a play where it's pretty evident he tried to flop. James does flop. When have I denied this? I don't understand your argument. Lastly, it's only natural for a Kobe fan to find a thread that is negatively targeted towards LeBron. You don't see me targeting Kobe hate threads.

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 03:06 AM

Leave it to the LAL fanboys to agree with one another. How does Jordan flopping once out of 15 years imply he doesn't flop? He flopped once and that's called flopping regardless of how you put it. Place into the fact that effen5 just admitted that Jordan did flop. God, I love making fools look silly.

The WWE is staged and scripted.

The NBA shouldn't be so.

FlashBolt
02-04-2014, 03:08 AM
The WWE is staged and scripted.

The NBA shouldn't be so.

And how in any way does this refute what I've been saying? You're agreeing with me. My point with WWE and NBA was towards the user who stopped replying because he's not intelligent enough to debate. If he hates flopping, why does he enjoy watching WWE wrestlers flop? It's still flopping. He doesn't hate flopping. He hates the players who are flopping. He's confused with the idea of what flopping is because his hate for a certain player(s) has caused him to believe that it's flopping that he despises.

effen5
02-04-2014, 03:32 AM
:facepalm:

effen5
02-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Flopping in the nba and flopping in the wwe are two different things....holy ****...are you saying that If he enjoys flopping in the WWE, he should enjoy flopping in the NBA as well?

Is this what the NBA has become?

effen5
02-04-2014, 03:34 AM

What turned me away is that the best players in the league are the floppers. I just don't see the competition in today's games like I did when I was growing up in the 90s.

lol, please
02-04-2014, 03:55 AM
Blake Griffin better get to work and reclaim his flopping crown back.

effen5
02-04-2014, 04:04 AM

Curious...how old are you? and no, imo that video you posted Jordan didn't flop. It's some Lebron fanboy saying he did. My point is one play in a 15 year career doesn't change a player of who he is. Lets say Jordan hypothetically flopped once in his entire career, that wouldn't make him a flopper, because there's no trend of him flopping. It's a fluke.

t_money25
02-04-2014, 04:43 AM
Some of these comments are laughable. There isn't a superstar in the NBA over the last 10-15 years that hasn't flopped. Doesn't matter if they flopped once or if they flopped 50 times. It's still flopping no matter what way you try to spin it. Flopping is still part of the game because the penalty is basically a slap on the wrist. Competitors by nature try to gain an advantage anyway possible. It's similar to the NFL where receivers and defensive backs fake pass interference penalties, quarterbacks fake roughing the passer penalties, or punter fake roughing the kicker penalties. I never hear anyone say these kind of things about them. Get your team an advantage anyway possible is the purpose behind this........Flopping is here to stay whether you like it or not but for some odd reason some of you want to blame Lebron as if it hasn't been going on in professional sports for more than a decade and a half........LMAO

jerellh528
02-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Some of these comments are laughable. There isn't a superstar in the NBA over the last 10-15 years that hasn't flopped. Doesn't matter if they flopped once or if they flopped 50 times. It's still flopping no matter what way you try to spin it. Flopping is still part of the game because the penalty is basically a slap on the wrist. Competitors by nature try to gain an advantage anyway possible. It's similar to the NFL where receivers and defensive backs fake pass interference penalties, quarterbacks fake roughing the passer penalties, or punter fake roughing the kicker penalties. I never hear anyone say these kind of things about them. Get your team an advantage anyway possible is the purpose behind this........Flopping is here to stay whether you like it or not but for some odd reason some of you want to blame Lebron as if it hasn't been going on in professional sports for more than a decade and a half........LMAO
There's a difference between allegedly flopping once or twice over the span of a season or even a career and being an actual habitual flopper who does it every game or even a few times per game.

effen5
02-04-2014, 05:23 AM

Yeah because we were complaining about constant flopping 15 years ago :facepalm:

Listen, flopping has been around forever, hell I saw Dennis Rodman flop all the time, but in this era, its gotten SO bad that they had to actually regulate it. It's effecting games and it makes a lot of the games unwatchable.

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 06:02 AM

What's laughable is that Heat fans like yourself are condoning this kinda of foolish clownish on court behavior.

Please learn to be a little bit objective and don't completely overlook what the guy on your favorite team is doing.

metsbulls1025
02-04-2014, 06:14 AM

That elbow must have been loaded with bullets.

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 06:22 AM
That elbow must have been loaded with bullets.

they act like he doesn't have a rep for doing this constantly. the dude has memes after him for flopping. kids flop at school as a joke now.

the reality is that if he played in the 80's or 90's....Charles barkley would knock him the F out if he tried that, and that would straighten that problem out pretty quickly.

and no, no one in the 80's or 90's flopped like today's pampered babies do. b/c if they did, Charles Oakley, or x man, or barkley, or bird, or parish, or laimbeer, or dumars, or mahorn, or Moses would've decked them.

Drummond#1
02-04-2014, 06:52 AM
LeDoubleFlop... I think we found a new nickname for the bron now that he is starting to ever so slightly decline.

Drummond#1
02-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Poor poor BronBron. Would probably get flopped up by Brandon "I let The Game slap me like a b!tch" Jennings too. If he had the chance.

Zefflin
02-04-2014, 06:57 AM

Almost every Lebron James game is unwatchable with how favored he and the Cheat are, it's embarrassing if you're a true Lebron fan, it really is.

Drummond#1
02-04-2014, 06:58 AM
And the most hilarious part of all this is that Moose Monroe is one of the most laid back and low key type players in the league. Lebron is trying to make Greg look like Zbo.

It's ironic because the detroit front line should be beating up flopping punks in the paint. Lebron is lucky he doesn't have to play against the Jordan rules. F'n LeQueen.

PurpleLynch
02-04-2014, 07:04 AM

A more physical Nba was allowed in the '90.Plus,I don't see trash talking as a cheating move like flopping. Lebron is a monster,but he has to stop flopping,it's frustrating.

Supreme LA

It's like these Lebron fans are from the twilight zone with their reasoning. A person who flops once is just as bad as someone who flops 50 times??? How does that even make sense in your mind? I don't understand some people.

Drummond#1
Now that papa Stern is gone I hope Silver regulates this ****.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Lol. Your analogy is completely different. 1) Potheads don't let their life waste away. In fact, some of the greatest minds have involved pot in their life. You're talking more extreme measures. Smoking pot is not life threatening. If someone smokes pot and doesn't find a job - that's not the pot's fault. Of course, NBA players have a choice to flop or not but ultimately they are trying to win. There's a reason why Colorado and many other states are contemplating the legalization of marijuana. 1) I never said Kobe is a glorified flopper. I showed a play where it's pretty evident he tried to flop. James does flop. When have I denied this? I don't understand your argument. Lastly, it's only natural for a Kobe fan to find a thread that is negatively targeted towards LeBron. You don't see me targeting Kobe hate threads.

I realize it's impossible for any Kobe fan to have any credibility on objective view points on PSD but I really do want you to understand I would say all these same things if Durant flopped as much as Lebron does and I love KD.

It's like someone else said earlier, these Heat fans will go to any extremes to protect their idol Lebron. The guy isn't perfect, not one bit. While he has mang great qualities about his game, the most shameful thing is to be flopping like a fish out of water when you're the best player in the league. He doesn't get enough calls as it is?

Zefflin
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM
It's like these Lebron fans are from the twilight zone with their reasoning. A person who flops once is just as bad as someone who flops 50 times??? How does that even make sense in your mind? I don't understand some people.

Because it really saddens them that a player who had the potential to be the GOAT has reduced his legacy to Lebroning. And they also know Kobe and Jordan never embarrass themselves on a weekly basis like their insecure hero does every other game...I could go on and on all day about Lefraud James, he makes it too easy.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 07:15 AM
And the most hilarious part of all this is that Moose Monroe is one of the most laid back and low key type players in the league. Lebron is trying to make Greg look like Zbo.

It's ironic because the detroit front line should be beating up flopping punks in the paint. Lebron is lucky he doesn't have to play against the Jordan rules. F'n LeQueen.

Lebron's only able to get away with this because of the league but that still doesn't excuse him from being a straight ***** for doing it. I don't doubt he would have adjusted to a league and rules back then and his game would be much different. But again, I still don't believe there is any excuse for his flopping.

Now I'm sure one of these kids are going to attack me as if I'm hating on and all I can say I don't know how much more objective I can be when it comes to this flopping.

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Because it really saddens them that a player who had the potential to be the GOAT has reduced his legacy to Lebroning. And they also know Kobe and Jordan never embarrass themselves on a weekly basis like their insecure hero does every other game...I could go on and on all day about Lefraud James, he makes it too easy.

That's one explaination for the irrationality of these Lebron fans. I don't ever think I've ever defended Kobe to the extent these Lebron fans do for him. I mean I hate the fact that Kobe slacks on defense and roams. I can't say that I have a problem with him shooting as much as he does because I've always felt is rather have Kobe shoot than anyone else on our team. But you would never find me defending Kobe if he flopped the way Lebron does. It just would never happen.

Flopping is a form of cheating the game. I know exactly what was going through his head. It's much like when a smaller guy gets switched off on a big and is about to be posted up by a big man and just fouls the big man to prevent an easy bucket. Only in Lebron's case, he has the power of the refs on his side so he can flop to bail him out of a bad situation.

I get so worked up when I see high school kids trying to pull the same stunts nowadays. It's one of the worst examples of basketball play the best player in the league can display for kids all around the world to emulate.

Kenny Powders
02-04-2014, 07:32 AM
This is why I laugh at the NBA. No wonder it's the 4 most popular sport now.

Zefflin
02-04-2014, 07:38 AM
I can't wait for the Pacers to beat them in the ECF and see the two best go at it. KD and PG.

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 07:44 AM
I remember when Parish got fed up with Laimbeer's bushleague ****** **** and karate chopped him into hell.

They didn't even call a foul on it. LMFAO.

Mid-80's to Mid-90's. GOLDEN ERA.

NBA on NBC. GOLDEN ERA.

The trinity of Bird, Magic, and Jordan. GOLDEN ERA. (even though I hate MJ and personally think he's overrated).

Fights in the NBA. GOLDEN ERA.

Knicks/Bulls/Pacers beating the ***** out of eachother in the paint. GOLDEN ERA.

McHale CLOBBERING Kurt Rambis and no suspension afterwards. GOLDEN ERA.

Zefflin
02-04-2014, 08:23 AM
To lbird above me.

21 posts in and you're already better then 90% of PSD. Keep it up.

sammyvine
02-04-2014, 09:12 AM
i am no kobe bryant fan but with regards to flops i rarely seem him pull off stuff that lebron and cp3 do

don't get me wrong, he is a whiner but if you search youtube for ''kobe flops'' you will find very few (ones you will find is him probably moaning to the refs while getting to the rim)

stawka
02-04-2014, 09:17 AM
A random question here: do you guys that hate flopping also hate the offensive player screaming and flailing his arms when he goes in for a layup (to get the foul call)?

Honest question. I hate flopping, but I equally hate when guys scream every time they drive the ball? To me it's the same ****, and if you agree, then I guess Kobe/Wade/Gasol/LeBron are DEFINITELY floppers!

You're basically acting/making a sound like you've been hit, in order to sell the foul and get a call

SteBO
02-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah that was a clear flop and while I don't really condone it, I don't blame him for it either. It's been open season on the guy all year long, and the plays that should be deemed flagrant fouls by rule are called common fouls just because he's bigger and stronger than everyone else. I know it's easy for opposing teams' fans to jump on LBJ for it, but when it works to the benefit of your favorite player or simply a player on the team you root for, you won't be so quick to pounce....(I direct this post to the same posters every day who seem to enjoy lambasting LeBron)

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
that was hilarious and totally common.

only one way to get rid of it - review video daily and fine the **** out of them.

jp611
02-04-2014, 09:53 AM
I watched it live and was laughing my *** off. The Heat announcers were acting like he took a haymaker from Cassius Clay. He was the one called for the foul on the play too :laugh2:

Funny how he avoids the NBA flopping fines though.

jp611
02-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah that was a clear flop and while I don't really condone it, I don't blame him for it either. It's been open season on the guy all year long, and the plays that should be deemed flagrant fouls by rule are called common fouls just because he's bigger and stronger than everyone else. I know it's easy for opposing teams' fans to jump on LBJ for it, but when it works to the benefit of your favorite player or simply a player on the team you root for, you won't be so quick to pounce....(I direct this post to the same posters every day who seem to enjoy lambasting LeBron)

I'm dying laughing after this one.

Lebron gets hit near the head and it's an automatic flagrant two. Let's not act like this doesn't happen.

koreancabbage
02-04-2014, 09:57 AM
even though I hate it when Lebron flops - its just so funny because its soooo evident but the league doesn't do anything about it.

and its even worse when they do it in slow motion lol. boom headshot hahaha

very entertaining. and is this not entertainment? we're practically watching a basketball game and a broadway show at the same time lol. best part is: people are STILL watching. they will literally watch Lebron put on an acting clinic, complain about, watch him on youtube again and again, and then watch him do it again on/in a live game.

sometimes i think its a de-evolution of the game. hahaha

t_money25
02-04-2014, 10:07 AM
There's a difference between allegedly flopping once or twice over the span of a season or even a career and being an actual habitual flopper who does it every game or even a few times per game.

No there isn't. If you commit a crime you're considered a criminal. You don't have to commit 5 or 6 crimes to receive that label. Once gets it done.

GottaLoveCubs
02-04-2014, 10:10 AM
A random question here: do you guys that hate flopping also hate the offensive player screaming and flailing his arms when he goes in for a layup (to get the foul call)?

Honest question. I hate flopping, but I equally hate when guys scream every time they drive the ball? To me it's the same ****, and if you agree, then I guess Kobe/Wade/Gasol/LeBron are DEFINITELY floppers!

You're basically acting/making a sound like you've been hit, in order to sell the foul and get a call

Ugh! Boozer! HATE it! Sooo much!

t_money25
02-04-2014, 10:15 AM

Great question. I'd love to see the responses.

jp611
02-04-2014, 10:25 AM
even though I hate it when Lebron flops - its just so funny because its soooo evident but the league doesn't do anything about it.

and its even worse when they do it in slow motion lol. boom headshot hahaha

very entertaining. and is this not entertainment? we're practically watching a basketball game and a broadway show at the same time lol. best part is: people are STILL watching. they will literally watch Lebron put on an acting clinic, complain about, watch him on youtube again and again, and then watch him do it again on/in a live game.

sometimes i think its a de-evolution of the game. hahaha

I still enjoy watching Lebron. He's ****ing fun to watch. But I just don't understand why he has to pull these antics. You're the best player in the world, you don't need to play this act. Hopefully the NBA cleans this **** up soon, because it's not just Lebron.

jp611
02-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Ugh! Boozer! HATE it! Sooo much!

Screaming is different. Not even close to pretending you got fouled and just flopping like a fish.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2014, 10:28 AM
This is SO infuriating!
This guy is the best player in the league, KD's January not withstanding, and the fact that he feels like he has to do this?

This is fawking pathetic! Like he doesn't get enough calls.

To me, flopping amounts to cheating.

If you are taking a charge, you fall back,, that's fine, but when some guy is posting up you don't start flailing around like a fawking fool to try and get the officials to give you a call out of nothing,

His flopping is getting way out of hand. Has he even been fiend for it yet this season?

t_money25
02-04-2014, 10:29 AM
What's laughable is that Heat fans like yourself are condoning this kinda of foolish clownish on court behavior.

Please learn to be a little bit objective and don't completely overlook what the guy on your favorite team is doing.

I never condoned it. What's laughable is you didn't interpret that. I don't care for flopping it just doesn't bother me as much as some of you guys because it's widespread and it's the refs responsibility to police it. Unlike you I don't have a predetermined agenda against Lebron or any NBA player to hate him evidenced by this circle jerk that you're participating in and by the several other Lebron hate threads that are on here where you've made it clear that you don't like him personally nor the Heat.

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 10:29 AM

the NBA could clean this up if they had guys at the league office reviewing video daily and fining players every time they respond to non-existent contact. it's really quite lame that they don't.

AddiX
02-04-2014, 10:32 AM
I Know it's part of the game, but i couldn't look in the mirror if I did some cowardly ish like this.

t_money25
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM
I still enjoy watching Lebron. He's ****ing fun to watch. But I just don't understand why he has to pull these antics. You're the best player in the world, you don't need to play this act. Hopefully the NBA cleans this **** up soon, because it's not just Lebron.

I agree

GottaLoveCubs
02-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Screaming is different. Not even close to pretending you got fouled and just flopping like a fish.

True. I just HATE when Boozer screams every time he goes in for his usual weak *** layup.
And it can be considered flopping. You are trying to trick a ref into giving you a call. Same as if you snap your head back like you were shot when an elbow doesn't touch you.

So was Lebron called for the foul? Or was it an offensive foul?

Walt
The flopping doesn't take away from the player LeBron is, he is still the best player in the NBA. (At the moment, Durant has been the best player in the NBA this season) But that flopping really makes people hate him, and I can understand that.

The first one though wasn't that bad. Any form of contact to the face, no matter how hard or soft will always cause a reaction. The second one however was hilarious.

Jamiecballer

the NBA could clean this up if they had guys at the league office reviewing video daily and fining players every time they respond to non-existent contact. it's really quite lame that they don't.

Dade County
02-04-2014, 10:38 AM
He is very babied by the refs. It was frustrating playing the Heat tonight because of the refs.

Blame it on stern and the creation of the jordan era.

t_money25
02-04-2014, 10:38 AM

I'm not sure exactly how to stop it but because of the speed of the game I think they would have to use instant replay if they're not sure. Kinda like reviewing a flagrant foul. The only problem is doing this would delay the games.

GottaLoveCubs
02-04-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure exactly how to stop it but because of the speed of the game I think they would have to use instant replay if they're not sure. Kinda like reviewing a flagrant foul. The only problem is doing this would delay the games.

Last year Nate was given a technical in a game for flopping. There should be someone reviewing games like the NFL does for hits. There's usually only a handful of games on a night. It shouldn't be that difficult to do it. If they were serious about stopping it, they'd do it.

effen5
02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Blame it on stern and the creation of the jordan era.

If you were old enough to watch the bulls, Jordan was far from being babied the first ten years of his career. He physically got his *** kicked by the pistons, pacers, and Knicks. Lebron got babied since day 1 "king James" "the chosen one"

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 11:23 AM

no, it can't be done during the game. i mean somebody at the league office reviews the videos every day of the games from the day before.

blahblahyoutoo
02-04-2014, 12:40 PM

agreed. all the players do now is give a scowl or cold stare (griffin), or scream like a wildabeast (everyone else).
how about trash talking the guy you just dunked on, or hit a big shot over his outstretched arm?

ModernDaySavage
02-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Pistons fan here. It looks as he is just moving his head to avoid the first bow, then the second one makes minor contact and he does exaggerate it. But everyone going crazy calling it a double flop is a bit much.

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 01:05 PM
^ typical over-analysis of anything Lebron right

ghettosean
02-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Is anyone really that surprised anymore by this???

When all is said and done he will be one of the all time greats and will be #1 in flops among them. When the best player in the league has a new fad named after him called LEBRONING of people flopping or over exaggerating contact the NBA should see some warning signs and be embarrassed and at least show that they are trying to correct the issue (the small INCONSISTENT fines are not enough) more needs to be done because this is really taking away from the game.

D-Leethal
02-04-2014, 01:41 PM

The player drives the game. There is no game without the player. Its not like refs WANT the flopping, they are just fooled in the heat of the moment. This is not a case of "stop whistling minimal contact" - that would be "don't hate the player, hate the game" with regards to a guy like Harden taking advantage of quick whistles to shoot a million FTs every night.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game" doesn't apply here. This is pure "hate the player". There are a few blemishes on LeBron that will forever keep him from reaching the apex of basketball greatness like MJ did - his flopping antics are 1, "the decision" to team up with the 2nd best player in the league and another deemed superstar so he could make "winning easy" (his words) is 2, and his tendency to play like a terrified schoolgirl when faced with "big game" adversity is 3.

D-Leethal
02-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Good thing LeBron played during the media technology age - this garbage will live on forever and never be completely forgotten when guys drool over his stats and accolades 30 years from now.

Stinkyoutsider
02-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Lebron is trying to force the refs to make calls with these flops. I don't like the flops but I just think about a player like Shaq who was also physically dominant and it just seemed like he was on a different scale when it came to being fouled? So, maybe Lebron is also on a similar scale and continues to try to have the refs see things his way?

MassoDio
02-04-2014, 02:00 PM
And how in any way does this refute what I've been saying? You're agreeing with me. My point with WWE and NBA was towards the user who stopped replying because he's not intelligent enough to debate. If he hates flopping, why does he enjoy watching WWE wrestlers flop? It's still flopping. He doesn't hate flopping. He hates the players who are flopping. He's confused with the idea of what flopping is because his hate for a certain player(s) has caused him to believe that it's flopping that he despises.

For a person doing nothing but calling other people's debating skills, and ability to understand basic concepts, into question, this is funny. I mean this is just plain arguing nonsense, or it is the very definition of an ignorant homer argument.

It is very easy to explain why a person can love flopping in the WWE and hate the ACTUAL ACT OF FLOPPING in the NBA. Ready for it....Flopping is SUPPOSED TO BE PART OF THE WWE. It is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PART OF THE NBA. The flopping is actually part of the entertainment in WWE, because it is scripted ACTING. In the NBA, it is actually against the rules to flop. So while a person can like it in the WWE, because it is supposed to be there, they can very well hate it in the NBA, because it is not supposed to be there. It has nothing to do with the players that are doing it.

Anyone defending LeBron is ridiculous. And anyone who would defend any other player caught doing the same thing, is ridiculous.

Is it the NBA's fault for not policing this? Now and all along? YES

But it is also the players fault for 1.) allowing this to ever become a thing and 2.) not policing it themselves to the point where any player that does it, is ridiculed mercilessly by his peers. Flopping is a soft, pitiful, cheap, cheating, cowardly way to "Win".

I don't care that a lot of players do it, or that they are "just trying to win any way they can". It is a coward's tactic and should have no place in the NBA. THE PLAYERS should not want it in their sport.

And for you LeBron lovers out there....the biggest reason why this is a big deal is because of the quote from LeBron that is under the video. He isn't even honorable enough to call a hypocrite. He is just a straight liar when it comes to this subject. (I am not calling him a liar in general, as I do not know him personally.)

The flopping in the NBA is disgusting, and fans excusing it away as "just doing what it takes to win" is part of the reason that the NBA has not done anything to enforce it. Because fans accept it, continue to buy merchandise, and continue to watch games. And it will continue until there is either a commissioner that has the balls to do something about it, there are players in the players union that are willing to call out the cowards, or there is enough fan uproar about it.

This idea that it is just them doing whatever they can get away with to win is also cowardly. If you want to be okay with the fact that you would steal an iPhone just because the penalty was small, then that just shows what kind of person you are. It doesn't make it right, or mean that everyone else has to think that way or accept it.

Bostonjorge
02-04-2014, 02:35 PM
This new double flop that lebron has perfected might be his new weapon this post season.

jp611
02-04-2014, 02:38 PM
True. I just HATE when Boozer screams every time he goes in for his usual weak *** layup.
And it can be considered flopping. You are trying to trick a ref into giving you a call. Same as if you snap your head back like you were shot when an elbow doesn't touch you.

So was Lebron called for the foul? Or was it an offensive foul?

Lebron was called for the foul on Monroe. The Heat announcers talked about the "hit" Lebron took for the entire duration of the free throws and even showed the replay a few times and were overreacting to the "hit" Bron took. It was hilarious.

NYKnickFanatic
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Maybe he didn't flop and LeBron really is frail as f c k.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't define it as a "daily occurrence" because teams often play every other day but to downplay this as if this was his first offense is just denial.

LOL at your reasoning for why its not a daily occurrence, its not even a gamely occurrence.

And show me ANYONE who's said it was his first offense? What a waste of a post.

God I hope not. If it is an actual quote than this guy is full of more BS and cliches than anyone I've ever seen.

LMFAO, really now, more than ANYONE you've ever seen? You've either been exposed to very little in life or are very extreme in your analysis. Neither is surprising.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I remember when Parish got fed up with Laimbeer's bushleague ****** **** and karate chopped him into hell.

NBA on NBC. GOLDEN ERA.

The trinity of Bird, Magic, and Jordan. GOLDEN ERA. (even though I hate MJ and personally think he's overrated).

Knicks/Bulls/Pacers beating the ***** out of eachother in the paint. GOLDEN ERA.

If physicality is what you like then the golden era was the 60's.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Is anyone really that surprised anymore by this???

When all is said and done he will be one of the all time greats and will be #1 in flops among them. When the best player in the league has a new fad named after him called LEBRONING of people flopping or over exaggerating contact the NBA should see some warning signs and be embarrassed and at least show that they are trying to correct the issue (the small INCONSISTENT fines are not enough) more needs to be done because this is really taking away from the game.
Flopping has gone way down due to the fines imo.

Good thing LeBron played during the media technology age - this garbage will live on forever and never be completely forgotten when guys drool over his stats and accolades 30 years from now.

Guess which one will weigh more heavily, wont stop the drooling

Chronz
02-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Flailing is more acceptable to the male grunt because you do not drop to the ground, instead, u let off a war cry, in some cases while ***** slapping another player within your vicinity.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Nobody cares about the flip side of the argument, there should never be a need to flop, which I agree with, in a perfect world, robots would be officiating the game and every call would be made, we would have 5 hour games and nobody would feel the need to exaggerate. But whatever it takes to win, go for it. That W matters more than that fine/ridicule.

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 03:29 PM
people please, there is no need for robot officials. just stiff and rigorous penalties will do it.

if the coach gets an email every morning that reads something like a bill from the league office:

for game played 14/01/14

playerX - 7 violations, $14,500 in fines
playerY - 2 violations, $1,150 in fines
playerZ - 10 violations, $35,250 in fines

they can stamp it out in no time.

Shammyguy3
02-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Have a 4th official in a booth upstairs, reviewing all plays like that, and if he determines a flop was made then a technical call is relayed by the on-court officials. The opponent shoots 1 FT, and the game goes on.

mavwar53
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Funnier than the flop is the children posting comments on the website the OP posted.

tdg823
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE]Lebron is trying to force the refs to make calls with these flops. I don't like the flops but I just think about a player like Shaq who was also physically dominant and it just seemed like he was on a different scale when it came to being fouled? So, maybe Lebron is also on a similar scale and continues to try to have the refs see things his way?[/Q

It's the same mentality he uses on offense. Far too much of his game is predicated on putting pressure on the refs to make a call, knowing that he get's absolutely all 50/50 calls. Far too much of his offensive game (especially when trailing or in critical moments) is to initiate contact with the defender, often committing offensive fouls in the process, and make the referee have to blow his whistle or get yelled at by the NBA's "chosen one". It was 80% of his game until about 2 years ago. He's just realized that it can work the same way on defense. For whatever reason he knows the refs, when forced to make a choice will err on his side so he's built his whole game around making them deal with 50/50 (or too often 75/25) calls.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Have a 4th official in a booth upstairs, reviewing all plays like that, and if he determines a flop was made then a technical call is relayed by the on-court officials. The opponent shoots 1 FT, and the game goes on.

too logical. league should have done this years ago

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 04:47 PM
too logical. league should have done this years ago

this doesn't addresses the root of the problem which is players faking contact where there isn't any. that happens consistently throughout the game not just at stoppages. the only way to do that IMO is a full video review the day after of all games.

Bruno
02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Glad to know that even LBJ doesn't play the game the way its supposed to be played from time to time.

nobodies perfect, but this is disrespectful. disrespectful of the game, disrespectful of the rules, disrespectful of his opponents. but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, considering his track record.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Glad to know that even LBJ doesn't play the game the way its supposed to be played from time to time.

nobodies perfect, but this is disrespectful. disrespectful of the game, disrespectful of the rules, disrespectful of his opponents. but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, considering his track record.

Its disrespectful to the fans, but I dont see it as disrespecting the opponent or the rules when there are times the opponents do it to his team or the calls (in this case rules) made for mere mortals dont apply for him when he gets slugged. His opinion, I wouldn't know how to balance that,

TDE
02-04-2014, 06:05 PM
That roll on the floor lol

Stunner
02-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls 14m
Noah gets $15,000 fine, no suspension

Meanwhile Lebron sitting pretty with no flopping fine.

Shammyguy3
02-04-2014, 07:21 PM
this doesn't addresses the root of the problem which is players faking contact where there isn't any. that happens consistently throughout the game not just at stoppages. the only way to do that IMO is a full video review the day after of all games.

instead of pulling a weed out of a crack, sometimes you have to spray the top with some sort of toxn that will kill the root and prevent it from happening again. Calling technical fouls will lead to points for the other team, and that changes the outcome 180 degrees of a flop. One flops to gain an advantage, cause a turnover or get to the line. If you change the outcome of a flop, you change the desire to flop. Change the desire to flop, and it disappears thus rendering the "root" of the problem mute.

If Lebron was called for a technical or two in a game for flopping, let's say the other team makes both free throws. The Heat lose by 2 points. You don't think that Lebron's thinking those two points he gave up were just as important as the potential points he was was trying to get by getting to the FT line?

ghettosean
02-04-2014, 07:29 PM

Did you expect any different... lol

His legacy cannot be tarnished with these fines!

Jamiecballer
02-04-2014, 07:45 PM
instead of pulling a weed out of a crack, sometimes you have to spray the top with some sort of toxn that will kill the root and prevent it from happening again. Calling technical fouls will lead to points for the other team, and that changes the outcome 180 degrees of a flop. One flops to gain an advantage, cause a turnover or get to the line. If you change the outcome of a flop, you change the desire to flop. Change the desire to flop, and it disappears thus rendering the "root" of the problem mute.

If Lebron was called for a technical or two in a game for flopping, let's say the other team makes both free throws. The Heat lose by 2 points. You don't think that Lebron's thinking those two points he gave up were just as important as the potential points he was was trying to get by getting to the FT line?

i get the intent i just don't think it's practical at all. you can't stop the game for a replay every time someone drives to the basket and flopping is not something i want the refs on the floor to be making the judgement call on. it's beyond their capabilities.

ATX
02-04-2014, 08:08 PM

Are you insinuating that Noah shouldn't have been fined 15K for dropping F bombs on ALL 3 Refs last night? For the record, I do believe James should be fined, and while I saw him get jawed slightly on the second one, he sold it of course. What Noah did however, absolutely deserved a fine, and probably a one game suspension.

Stunner
02-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Are you insinuating that Noah shouldn't have been fined 15K for dropping F bombs on ALL 3 Refs last night? For the record, I do believe James should be fined, and while I saw him get jawed slightly on the second one, he sold it of course. What Noah did however, absolutely deserved a fine, and probably a one game suspension.

Did I say Noah shouldn't be fined ? No I'm saying since they took care of this where is Lebrons flopping fine which is all over the internet being laughed at .

ATX
02-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Did I say Noah shouldn't be fined ? No I'm saying since they took care of this where is Lebrons flopping fine which is all over the internet being laughed at .

Gotcha, that's why I asked. Anyways, it's apples to oranges, though as I said, I agree James should have been fined.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 08:23 PM

Obviously not, its not as gratuitous of an offense

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
If physicality is what you like then the golden era was the 60's.

The 60's didn't have anywhere CLOSE to the physicality of the 80's and 90's. I've watched a few games here and there, and the game was unpolished and pretty tepid. Sure stuff was let go...but big deal. That's just par for the course.

You ever seen a single fight break out against Boston and Philly back then?

Chronz
02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
The 60's didn't have anywhere CLOSE to the physicality of the 80's and 90's. I've watched a few games here and there, and the game was unpolished and pretty tepid. Sure stuff was let go...but big deal. That's just par for the course.

You ever seen a single fight break out against Boston and Philly back then?
Nothing you said was true, except the bit about the 90's, the 80's were pretty soft in comparison to the days when you could outright punch somebody without a foul being called. In fact, some think the punishment Wilt dealt with contributed to his early death. The NBA was such a bush league that he even threatened to retire after his rookie year.

LOTS of stuff was let go, fighting was FAR more frequent back in the olden days.

NBA_Starter
02-04-2014, 08:58 PM
That is just bad!

Supreme LA
02-04-2014, 09:53 PM
LOL at your reasoning for why its not a daily occurrence, its not even a gamely occurrence.

And show me ANYONE who's said it was his first offense? What a waste of a post.

LMFAO, really now, more than ANYONE you've ever seen? You've either been exposed to very little in life or are very extreme in your analysis. Neither is surprising.

Hey high horse, I should have elaborated and said specifically that no one is full of more cliches in the NBA than Lebron. But that is besides the point. We're here to discuss Lebron's flopping so no need for personal attacks.

You're also right, it's obvious it wasn't his first offense. I was responding to the guy who likened a player flopping once to someone who does it habitually over the course of a season. I love that you need to nitpick just to make a rebuttals. Anyways, great talking to you again high horse. I don't know where PSD would be without your claims as being objective and your obvious bias insights in support of a Lebron no matter what he does. Have a nice day high horse!

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Nothing you said was true, except the bit about the 90's, the 80's were pretty soft in comparison to the days when you could outright punch somebody without a foul being called. In fact, some think the punishment Wilt dealt with contributed to his early death. The NBA was such a bush league that he even threatened to retire after his rookie year.

LOTS of stuff was let go, fighting was FAR more frequent back in the olden days.

lmfao. no EVERYTHING I said was true, and you clearly have NO IDEA what you're talking about... at all. What you just said is called hyperbole b/c you're upset I castrated your amateur "opinion".

I doubt you've even seen a single game back in the 60's. And Wilt was a crybaby. The injury you're talking about was against the Celtics when Clyde Lovellette elbowed him and it caused infection that POSSIBLY affected his heart later on. And Wilt "reportedly" decked him for it.

That said, the outright physicality of the 80's and 90's makes that crap look like child's play. Calling the 80's soft shows what a juvenile you are. Have you actually WATCHED 80's basketball? Soft? Lol WHAT????

What freakin world are you even living in kiddo. Go watch early 80's Celtics/Sixers. Or Lakers/Celtics. Or Celtics/Pistons. Pistons/Bulls.

I've SEEN full games from the 60's. And there's literally NO FOOTAGE of any fights from back then, all crackpot testimony that for all we know is fluff stories or way over-exaggerated.

Oh....and the 80's had "punching fouls". Yea....if you punched the hell out of someone it was called a punching foul. And in the 60's you were STILL tossed out of games for throwing blows. I'm not sure where you're getting your "info" from but it's WRONG.

I'm guessing you're either extremely young and immature, or really really old and ridiculously biased. 60's ball was tepid and soft...PERIOD.

Or I guess you believe in all of those Wilt myths too huh? I got a bridge I can sell you in Afghanistan while we're at it. Lmfao at this Chronz kid trying to say that the 80's was "soft". Sounds like a guy who never stepped foot on a basketball court in his LIFE.

Master Mind
02-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Every player flops!

Chronz
02-04-2014, 10:20 PM
lmfao. no EVERYTHING I said was true, and you clearly have NO IDEA what you're talking about... at all. What you just said is called hyperbole b/c you're upset I castrated your amateur "opinion".
LOL, this argument works both ways. Let me know when you say something worth getting upset over.

I doubt you've even seen a single game back in the 60's. And Wilt was a crybaby. The injury you're talking about was against the Celtics when Clyde Lovellette elbowed him and it caused infection that POSSIBLY affected his heart later on. And Wilt "reportedly" decked him for it. Dont care about what you doubt, only what you can back up. But yes that was the play, no whistle was called on it either. Retaliation was more frequent back then. Goons took on a bigger meaning in that era, with the advancement of television, it was harder for the league to ignore the brutality.

That said, the outright physicality of the 80's and 90's makes that crap look like child's play. Calling the 80's soft shows what a juvenile you are. Have you actually WATCHED 80's basketball? Soft? Lol WHAT????
Nonsense, players actually enjoyed the fact that fights happened less frequently as the league progressed. Ill rummage up some old quotes if you dont believe me.

What freakin world are you even living in kiddo. Go watch early 80's Celtics/Sixers. Or Lakers/Celtics. Or Celtics/Pistons. Pistons/Bulls.
Seen them, "kiddo".

I've SEEN full games from the 60's. And there's literally NO FOOTAGE of any fights from back then, all crackpot testimony that for all we know is fluff stories or way over-exaggerated.
Wait, no footage from an age before the league was as big as it became? SHOCKING . The lack of footage doesn't prevent you from believing in the punch above does it? Lemme guess, because there is no tape, the 7-9 broken noses Jerry West suffered never actually happened?

Oh....and the 80's had "punching fouls". Yea....if you punched the hell out of someone it was called a punching foul. And in the 60's you were STILL tossed out of games for throwing blows. I'm not sure where you're getting your "info" from but it's WRONG.
That holds true for any era you discuss, what Im arguing is the prevalence of those ejections. Far less frequent in the age where fights took place more frequently. The rules emerged because of these actions.

I'm guessing you're either extremely young and immature, or really really old and ridiculously biased. 60's ball was tepid and soft...PERIOD.
Lemme guess, you have to be right in that middle ground to truly appreciate the game, which happens to coincide with your time period and subsequent beliefs, how convenient... way to expose bias

Or I guess you believe in all of those Wilt myths too huh? I got a bridge I can sell you in Afghanistan while we're at it. Lmfao at this Chronz kid trying to say that the 80's was "soft". Sounds like a guy who never stepped foot on a basketball court in his LIFE.
I guess if its not taped, it never happened. Myths are harder to break down when they are backed by various people in various fields. Meanwhile you have not a single person to back your bridge. Keep selling, Im sure someone dumb enough will buy your "bridge"

Chronz
02-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Hey high horse, I should have elaborated and said specifically that no one is full of more cliches in the NBA than Lebron.
Cool.

You're also right, it's obvious it wasn't his first offense. I was responding to the guy who likened a player flopping once to someone who does it habitually over the course of a season. I love that you need to nitpick just to make a rebuttals.
Next time respond to the person you are actually quoting and your argument wont be so easily picked apart. And your reasoning for why its not a daily occurrence (games are played every other day) was still questioned, but feel free to ignore that.

Anyways, great talking to you again high horse. I don't know where PSD would be without your claims as being objective and your obvious bias insights in support of a Lebron no matter what he does. Have a nice day high horse!

Based on what? Me asking for less hyperbole ... lmfao

lbird1986
02-04-2014, 10:55 PM
LOL, this argument works both ways. Let me know when you say something worth getting upset over.

stop being passive aggressive and butthurt. it's pathetic. and no, seeing as how there's video evidence of the 80's toughness, and nothing but hyperbole and inaccurate accounts of the supposed "tough" 60's BS...I think you can't possibly be taken seriously. EVER.

Dont care about what you doubt, only what you can back up. But yes that was the play, no whistle was called on it either. Retaliation was more frequent back then. Goons took on a bigger meaning in that era, with the advancement of television, it was harder for the league to ignore the brutality.

Na you care kiddo. You responded didn't you? Goons? Lol please. Brutality? Omg that's cute. The 60's wasn't 2010's soft, but it was soft. I've seen the footage. And there's buttloads of it. I haven't seen a single rough play in the couple hours of footage I've seen from the early to mid 60's. But seeing as how you're probably 70 years old, you're projecting your own softness and insecurity about it onto the 80's and 90's. Btw, I didn't even grow up in the 80's....I'm in my 20's, I learned to appreciate the 80's b/c that was the golden era.

Nonsense, players actually enjoyed the fact that fights happened less frequently as the league progressed. Ill rummage up some old quotes if you dont believe me.

I don't see any quotes. Only damn "nonsense" is you ranting on and on with no proof. Show me the video proof kid. Hours and hours of 60's tape on youtube. SHOW ME. Stop running your mouth. No....local newspaper clippings by spurious "reporters" aren't gonna do it.

Seen them, "kiddo".

That's nice....LITTLE GIRL. Repeating my condescending term makes you look like a douche. Come up with something yourself grandpa.

Wait, no footage from an age before the league was as big as it became? SHOCKING . The lack of footage doesn't prevent you from believing in the punch above does it? Lemme guess, because there is no tape, the 7-9 broken noses Jerry West suffered never actually happened?

TONS of footage of 60's games online. TONS. Stop blabbing and start researching. Otherwise you're getting ignored. Like most trolls do. And Jerry West breaking his nose a couple times is cute, but Rip Hamilton did it as well, and NONE OF THEM came on punches. You're just keeping up the hyperbole and half truths to make you sound intelligent. Walking into an accidental elbow happens in EVERY ERA. PERIOD.

That holds true for any era you discuss, what Im arguing is the prevalence of those ejections. Far less frequent in the age where fights took place more frequently. The rules emerged because of these actions.

The rule changes happened in the early 90's. Idk wtf you're talking about. Flagrant fouls were implemented b/c of the physical play of the Pistons.

Lemme guess, you have to be right in that middle ground to truly appreciate the game, which happens to coincide with your time period and subsequent beliefs, how convenient... way to expose bias

So you're old....and dumb....and biased. LITERALLY biased. I didn't grow up in the 80's you dufus. I grew up in the mid 90's, and I appreciate all eras, except for the fact that 60's basketball was tepid, soft, and boring. I prefer the 80's, of which I spent almost NO years living in.

I guess if its not taped, it never happened. Myths are harder to break down when they are backed by various people in various fields. Meanwhile you have not a single person to back your bridge. Keep selling, Im sure someone dumb enough will buy your "bridge"

They're not backed by anything except exaggerations and mostly Wilt himself. My bridge doesn't exist. I don't need to "sell" anything, but you ARE dumb enough to buy it.

Wilt also said he wrestled a freakin cougar. He wasn't stronger than Shaq. And I don't even like Shaq. Wilt wasn't stronger than Moses either probably. I find it funny when accounts of what Wilt did haven't been repeated in 50 years. Yea I guess he was some sorta demi-god. The 60's was so soft it enabled him to average 50 points a game, when there's suspicions that teams allowed him to do it to help grow the league.

That's the whole point. You're 70 years old and are biased....and childish. Today's era of basketball sucks and I'm in my young 20's. How the hell am I biased if I'm still very young and find today's basketball to suck?

Grasping at straws is what youre doing. Show me kiddo, don't tell me. Otherwise you're getting ignored.

Chronz
02-04-2014, 11:52 PM
stop being passive aggressive and butthurt. it's pathetic. and no, seeing as how there's video evidence of the 80's toughness, and nothing but hyperbole and inaccurate accounts of the supposed "tough" 60's BS...I think you can't possibly be taken seriously. EVER.
I assure you no one is "butthurt", and sorry but my point was that your "evidence" is equally limited because you have very little to compare it to due to the limited footage and your refusal to take any evidence outside of tape (from an era where the vast majority of the games werent recorded). For the days before the advent of TV, we have to rely on first hand accounts (of which there are many) from players, commentators and other analysts. The evidence you have is one sided, Ill take testimonials from the greats who can actually compare those eras over your limited , biased view. Calling Wilt a crybaby when hes proven to be one of the toughest players doesnt help your case. The man not being violent doesn't make him weak, he just didnt like the unfair punishment (that refs admitted to allowing). That punch was just one of many to his jaw,

Na you care kiddo. You responded didn't you? Goons? Lol please. Brutality? Omg that's cute. The 60's wasn't 2010's soft, but it was soft. I've seen the footage. And there's buttloads of it. I haven't seen a single rough play in the couple hours of footage I've seen from the early to mid 60's. But seeing as how you're probably 70 years old, you're projecting your own softness and insecurity about it onto the 80's and 90's. Btw, I didn't even grow up in the 80's....I'm in my 20's, I learned to appreciate the 80's b/c that was the golden era.

Because I respond doesn't mean I care, it means I like to debate, spewing insults ad nauseum doesnt interest me, hence my low effort (despite your wishes) in that regard. It sounds like you didn't learn to appreciate where the sport came from, the NBA started as a fight league, it was once compared to hockey in its physicality. Some of the leagues early players were former GI's who brought that toughness with them. A simple dunk was considered an insult back then and you were likely to get hunted down for showboating. The 50's **** on any era in terms of toughness, but thats not basketball, hence rules were put in place to clamp down on the physicality. It took years/decades, changes in the mindset of players and rules to get to where we are now. The kermit punch (70's) being one of the most significant events IMO.

I don't see any quotes. Only damn "nonsense" is you ranting on and on with no proof. Show me the video proof kid. Hours and hours of 60's tape on youtube. SHOW ME. Stop running your mouth. No....local newspaper clippings by spurious "reporters" aren't gonna do it.
Nothing nonsensical about what Wilt/West went through. You can sift through hours and hours of the NBA you speak of and find no fighting as well, the difference is that we have a much larger pool of footage from the newer eras and eventually find some.

You also have to prove that the reporters are spurious, particularly when they got a job to chronicle the NBA while you do this from your desk. So when they say a punch was thrown, I shouldn't have to accompany it with a GIF for you to believe it:

So with all that said, you tell me, should I waste my time finding a bunch of quotes from players who make it sound like fighting was very prevalent.

That's nice....LITTLE GIRL. Repeating my condescending term makes you look like a douche. Come up with something yourself grandpa.
According to whom? You do realize the need to fling insults ad-nauseum is the ultimate douche sign. Ill just keep regurgitating things that do not differentiate your argument from mine as much as I wish.

TONS of footage of 60's games online. TONS. Stop blabbing and start researching. Otherwise you're getting ignored. Like most trolls do. And Jerry West breaking his nose a couple times is cute, but Rip Hamilton did it as well, and NONE OF THEM came on punches. You're just keeping up the hyperbole and half truths to make you sound intelligent. Walking into an accidental elbow happens in EVERY ERA. PERIOD.
Notice how you didn't respond to the Wilt punch, wheres the footage of that? Why do you believe it happened? Stop trying to dismiss the evidence available from those days. Speaking of elbows, the league only started cracking down on violent elbowing in what, the late 70's? You really think thats when it started?

The rule changes happened in the early 90's. Idk wtf you're talking about. Flagrant fouls were implemented b/c of the physical play of the Pistons.
Yup, more evidence of the league cracking down on physicality, physicality that was allowed back then.

So you're old....and dumb....and biased. LITERALLY biased. I didn't grow up in the 80's you dufus. I grew up in the mid 90's, and I appreciate all eras, except for the fact that 60's basketball was tepid, soft, and boring. I prefer the 80's, of which I spent almost NO years living in.
Lemme guess, you have to be right in that middle ground to truly appreciate the game, which happens to coincide with your time period and subsequent beliefs, how convenient... way to expose bias.

NOWHERE did I say you were an 80's kid, what is implied is that you have to be in YOUR middle ground. Not too old, not too young. How convenient.

They're not backed by anything except exaggerations and mostly Wilt himself. My bridge doesn't exist. I don't need to "sell" anything, but you ARE dumb enough to buy it.
So then where is your payment? And no they are backed by various people in various fields. You are all alone.

That's the whole point. You're 70 years old and are biased....and childish. Today's era of basketball sucks and I'm in my young 20's. How the hell am I biased if I'm still very young and find today's basketball to suck?
Because it fits your prerogative, any time you have to use age as a crutch, you're exposing your lack of knowledge.

Grasping at straws is what youre doing. Show me kiddo, don't tell me. Otherwise you're getting ignored.
Stop taking offense to my post, no need to silence me.

NBA_Starter
02-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Coach K may have taught him that.

Chronz
02-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Simply put, whats my reason for putting the 90's ahead of the 80's in terms of physicality if I'm basing ANYTHING on age?

stawka
02-05-2014, 12:22 AM
http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=48984

stawka
02-05-2014, 12:23 AM
http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=48984

Chronz
02-05-2014, 12:37 AM
LOL at you thinking I would take time out of my life to direct that name towards you. I google searched it because thats literally what you are asking me to do, to find tape of hits. Not my fault thats the only gif of the clip. Edited out if its too sensitive.

P&GRealist
02-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Simply put, whats my reason for putting the 90's ahead of the 80's in terms of physicality if I'm basing ANYTHING on age?

That picture of MJ fadeaway is beautiful

Chronz
02-05-2014, 12:50 AM
typical trait of a puzzy.

can't take credit for something he made up.

only gif you could find is a derogatory meme talking ***** to me?

like I said punk ******, cya soon.
Yeah I get all that, but your still going to be wrong. I didn't waste any of my time making it. Only reason I took it off was because I didn't think you would be so sensitive considering your personal insults.

fake lol'ing and trying to slither away from taking credit from that disgusting pathetic immature jpeg only shows how weak you are in real life, and how you're gonna react when I actually show up and knock you the F out.
Shows Im willing to take it down if the person is utterly offended, the only thing disgusting is your behavior right now. Taken a conversation about basketball to physicality proves what exactly?

ThuglifeJ
02-05-2014, 01:19 AM

Lol you are one sad lebron apologist

effen5
02-05-2014, 01:30 AM
That picture of MJ fadeaway is beautiful

Don't even care that he double dribbled....that fadeaway is picture perfect.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2014, 03:05 AM
Lol you are one sad lebron apologist

how on earth does he sound like a LeBron apologist?

Fact is, you play within the rules your era presents. You maximize them if you are smart enough.

Where the **** did he kiss Bron's ***?

stawka
02-05-2014, 03:09 AM

In the gif it does look like a DD, but it can't be man? I'm trying to find a clip of it just to see WTF happened, but can't find it on YouTube

Seriously, it couldn't be??? None of the Hornets players reacted lol.

But yes, the sexiest fadeaway ever.

Chronz
02-05-2014, 03:16 AM

Fact is, you play within the rules your era presents. You maximize them if you are smart enough.

Hes talking about comparing trash talking with flopping.

He doesn't, he received a bounce pass from Kerr.

FlashBolt
02-05-2014, 03:41 AM

I'm talking about what players will do to win and that includes trash talking, flopping, playing dirty, and any other foul play. In no way am I realistically comparing trash talking to flopping in terms of degree.

c.c.
02-05-2014, 04:19 AM
So no fine or warning been issued yet?

effen5
02-05-2014, 04:30 AM

Makes perfect sense. God, he was unbelievable to watch. So glad he played for my team.

FlashBolt
02-05-2014, 04:59 AM
You know how I know this is a hate thread? You singled LeBron. Flopping is linked to many different players. The fact that you single one person out while ignoring the likes of Paul, Griffin, Harden, Manu, Bosh, and Barea, proves that it's more-so a gathering of Kobe fans.

effen5
02-05-2014, 05:13 AM
You know how I know this is a hate thread? You singled LeBron. Flopping is linked to many different players. The fact that you single one person out while ignoring the likes of Paul, Griffin, Harden, Manu, Bosh, and Barea, proves that it's more-so a gathering of Kobe fans.

I already brought up CP3 and Griffin earlier in the thread. I actually think CP3 is the worst.

FlashBolt
02-05-2014, 05:46 AM
I already brought up CP3 and Griffin earlier in the thread. I actually think CP3 is the worst.

That doesn't change the fact that this thread was targeted at one player when it's being committed by masters who are also playing the game of basketball.

sep11ie
02-05-2014, 05:53 AM
That doesn't change the fact that this thread was targeted at one player when it's being committed by masters who are also playing the game of basketball.

Cause it was 2 flops on one play. Nobody would be talking about that internet video if it was just 1 girl 1 cup.

D-Leethal
02-05-2014, 11:36 AM

This isn't within the rules though, which is why I said earlier "don't hate the player, hate the game" doesn't apply here. When it comes to Harden forcing a shoulder bump and throwing the ball at the backboard, I can see that statement being true, they are gonna call those whistles and he forced legitimate contact, but these are complete duping of the refs and are obviously against the rules, not playing within them.

I don't understand how anyone can justify the best of the best, one of the best ever, a guy who could plow through NFL linebackers, flopping around like a little ***** when he doesn't even get hit. As if it wasn't enough for him to put himself on a HOF all star team before even entering his prime, he's gotta cheat the refs and flop like a ***** all over the place. Its pathetic.

Have some pride as a ****ing man instead of throwing it out the window for 2 FTs as a basketball player.

jaydubb
02-05-2014, 11:47 AM

Cause it was 2 flops on one play. Nobody would be talking about that internet video if it was just 1 girl 1 cup.

:laugh2:

NYKnickFanatic
02-05-2014, 12:00 PM

Watch your mouth, smart ***.

P&GRealist
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM

I don't know. Maybe because this 1 player is regarded as the best in the league, many of his fans rate him as a top 5 player ever, and he's supposed to be the face and ambassador of the league. If he's atop of the food chain and does such cheap clownish acts, it trickles down to the rest of the league. It also gives the perception that the NBA is OK with flopping when they allow their spokesman to get away with it.

Again, no bueno.

Tony_Starks
02-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm just looking forward to Heat vs Clipps tonight. I hope they let Lebron and Blake have a flop-off at halftime.

I know who I got my money on!

AllOut305
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
You guys are frustrated every time you play the heat. Not even in the same universe ... Meh not thread worthy .. LBJ gets fouled the hardest in the NBA.

ghettosean
02-05-2014, 02:35 PM
LOL... So many people defend flops especially when it's LBJ saying silliness like it's part of the game (I ****ing hate when people say that ****).

If it's part of the game then they should make it part of the skills competition during the all star break. I lay bets Lebron will enter that because he's not afraid to lose (He does have Wade as his mentor).

Shammyguy3
02-05-2014, 04:35 PM
i get the intent i just don't think it's practical at all. you can't stop the game for a replay every time someone drives to the basket and flopping is not something i want the refs on the floor to be making the judgement call on. it's beyond their capabilities.

Completely disagree. The game wouldn't be stopped by on-court officials but by the guy in the booth. Let's say Lebron flops, the refs on the court called that foul on him and then are told by the official upstairs in the booth that he flopped in the play. Reward the opposing team with a FT.

It wouldn't be the officials on the floor, but a 4th person upstairs with replay from every angle. If that ref deems a flop was a flop then the play stops. After a team flops for say 5 times in a game one day, they'll absolutely STOP flopping. The "flopping" will cease to exist because it will lead to opponents scoring.

Jamiecballer
02-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Completely disagree. The game wouldn't be stopped by on-court officials but by the guy in the booth. Let's say Lebron flops, the refs on the court called that foul on him and then are told by the official upstairs in the booth that he flopped in the play. Reward the opposing team with a FT.

It wouldn't be the officials on the floor, but a 4th person upstairs with replay from every angle. If that ref deems a flop was a flop then the play stops. After a team flops for say 5 times in a game one day, they'll absolutely STOP flopping. The "flopping" will cease to exist because it will lead to opponents scoring.
interesting idea. you think they can do it that quickly, being absolutely certain, without disrupting the flow of the game? if they can than go for it.

Shammyguy3
02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Can't be absolutely certain, and I would actually state that it WOULD disrupt the flow of the game - at first though. After a couple weeks, the negative effects that the technical free throws would have on the game (perhaps costing a multitude of teams close victories due to silly flopping when it wasn't necessary) would take care of itself and the game would go back to its original flow.

NBA_Starter
02-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Very well put Shammyguy..

Supreme LA
02-06-2014, 06:42 AM
You guys are frustrated every time you play the heat. Not even in the same universe ... Meh not thread worthy .. LBJ gets fouled the hardest in the NBA.

No he doesn't. It just looks that way because he overreacts on every foul with a head tilt and falling to the ground like he was shot. Guys who get fouled the hardest and the most often are big men in the paint. Dwight got raped when he was in LA and the refs never called it. Do you ever see Dwight flopping??? No. So it shouldn't be an excuse. I don't respect a lot of things about Dwight but you can't help but respect that he didn't turn into a flopping *****.

That's just dimly a terrible excuse. Shaq has been fouled like no other in league history. You never once saw him flop. He just went out, played as the great big man he was, and destroyed people every night.

#1 Romo fan
02-06-2014, 04:10 PM

NBA on NBC. GOLDEN ERA.

I still blame the Malice in the Palace for ending the physical age of basketball.

nickdymez
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM

I dont think it takes much smarts to flop. It takes integrity and pride to not do it time and time again. I might flop in the playoffs or crunch time of important games, but the first quarter of a game against one of the worst teams in the league is just sad.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-06-2014, 04:36 PM
The guy has everyone physically dominated, yet acts like a girl on the court. Can't stand the guy and all the fake **** he stands for.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-06-2014, 04:38 PM
LOL... So many people defend flops especially when it's LBJ saying silliness like it's part of the game (I ****ing hate when people say that ****).

If it's part of the game then they should make it part of the skills competition during the all star break. I lay bets Lebron will enter that because he's not afraid to lose (He does have Wade as his mentor).
It's like everyone is proud of how watered down and soft the league has become. Congrats, you guys are getting what you want.